#1 Edited by Defiant_Will (1127 posts) - - Show Bio
Megamind (Defiant_Will) vs Wizard (Juiceboks)
Megamind (Defiant_Will) vs Wizard (Juiceboks)

RULES

• Composite Gear for Megamind (Movies and Film Short Only)
  • 616 Wizard
  • In Character, but Serious
  • Fight to K.O., Death, or Incap
  • Fighters Start 50 Feet Apart
#2 Posted by Defiant_Will (1127 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by vsw (2914 posts) - - Show Bio

TAEP

#4 Posted by Chronicplane (9017 posts) - - Show Bio

TAEP

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#5 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4627 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, I can actually have a idea of what Wizard is able to do in a fight. Hopefully this has lots of feats that I can steal borrow for future threads.

Tag for every post.

#7 Posted by Defiant_Will (1127 posts) - - Show Bio

MEGAMIND | THE DEFENDER OF METROCITY

No Caption Provided

THEME: BAD

Loading Video...

BIO

Megamind is an alien refugee from the Glaupunk Quadrant, a reformed super-villain, and the current Defender of Metro City. He is the main protagonist of Megamind. He is also the last known member of his race. Eight days after his birth, his home planet was destroyed by a black hole. Before the planet was absorbed, Megamind's parents sent him off the planet in an escape pod with his caretaker, Minion, to Earth.

FEATS

Megamind is by far one of the most underrated character on the forums. While he may not exactly be swimming in feats, from the few showings we do have of him, I can make the conclusion he is not to be underestimated in terms of combat ability, especially with the composite gear rule.

To give you a baseline for what Megamind is capable of, as a toddler, he was able to create a motorcycle from scrap materials that was outfitted with a wall busting energy weapon. And again, this was a baby Megamind with very limited resources (I mean he was in prison for Christ sake).

Loading Video...

Flash forward a few years later when Megamind was in his youth years, we see the introduction of his trademark De-Gun, which can instantly dehydrate its target. This weapon is particularly useful because it is a one shot weapon and a surefire way to incapacitate the Wizard.

Loading Video...

And just in case you were confused by Megamind's wording of the De-Gun, it does in fact work on regular people:

Loading Video...

Flashforwarding to Megamind's prime years and we have a heck of a lot of new weapons to talk about. For starters, there is Megamind's giant mech suit, which is very strong in its own right. First off, by casually walking, it leaves cracks on the street. In addition it also has flight capabilities and can casually lift and play with cars as if they were toys:

Loading Video...

More feats from the mech suit include tanking two bullrushes from Tighten, one of which is through a building, with no real damage taken to the suit. In terms of striking strength, he can backhand and punch Tighten across a city block and wield street lights like swords.

Loading Video...

Next up we have the Brainbots. While they do appear earlier on in the film, I chose to introduce them now because their best feat occurs towards the end, where we see the maximum amount of Brainbots at Megamind's disposal (which is easily in the hundreds if not the thousands) concentrated in one area, boasting enough strength to restrain Tighten for a sizable amount of time. And it's worth noting that Tighten had to resort to AoE heat vision and not raw physical strength to break free, which speaks to the power of these Brainbots when they work together. For reference, Tighten can lift and throw half of a skyscraper. Thus, Brainbots at the very least can serve as the perfect distraction for Megamind to use his De Gun to finish off the Wizard.

Loading Video...

Switching films now, we have Megamind's super suit and the MegaMegaMind, which I am grouping together because they both make their debut in the same scene. Now, with his super suit, Megamind was able to throw the MegaMegaMind very high into the air, which weighs in the hundreds of tons, and he lifted it from the feet. He then tanks the MegaMegaMind falling on top of him before flying at high speeds into a wrecking ball and being hit with another wrecking ball and into a building. All of this he takes with not a scratch on him. As for the MegaMegaMind, it is a giant robot that can act independent of Megamind and can react to Megamind's high speed flight.

Loading Video...

More feats for the MegaMegaMind include casually lifting up cars and launching them at opponents with his gargantuan crossbow. And yet, Megamind with his Spider-Bot, the final weapon in his arsenal, was able to casually evade crossbow speed projectiles and is incredibly nimble, jumping off of platforms and very high into the air.

Loading Video...

CONCLUSION

While I will hold off on any assertions, it is my hope that I have conveyed just how versatile Megamind's gear is and how powerful this gear makes him. I will wait until my opponent makes his opener to go in detail about Megamind's battle ingenuity and tactics in addition to a strategy.

#8 Posted by Defiant_Will (1127 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, I can actually have a idea of what Wizard is able to do in a fight. Hopefully this has lots of feats that I can steal borrow for future threads.

Tag for every post.

#9 Posted by Defiant_Will (1127 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Defiant_Will (1127 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by juiceboks (24799 posts) - - Show Bio

@defiant_will:

Opener

No Caption Provided

Bentley Wittman is a genius in every sense of the word, and has made it known through his individual inventions and marketing as a celebrity. His work in gravimetric particles is nearly unparalleled, and has been a basis for many of his more notable inventions throughout history. The only intellect he considers to possibly be his better is in fact his archnemesis, Reed Richards. What first started as an attempt to take down the Human Torch and prove his intellectual prowess, soon turned into a longstanding vendetta against the brains responsible for Johnny's power. To accomplish this, Bentley has designed a plethora of gadgets and gizmos designed to counteract the powers of the Fantastic Four to varying degrees of effect over the years. This post I'll be going over the basics of what he brings into battle, and how they'll be instrumental in a resounding victory.

Gear

I'll start off with going over two of his most notable inventions..

Anti Gravity Discs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

First debuted in FF #36, these discs first and foremost allow Wizard the ability to fly and maneuver himself wherever he sees fit. They can also be attached onto enemies to render them either helplessly afloat as he did to the Thing in FF #94..

No Caption Provided

..or speeding off into outer space as he's done many times.

No Caption Provided

It's through this unique device that the Wizard has used as a basis for several of his other inventions, and improvements in his overall combat capabilities. Perhaps the most notable one would be his ever so handy..

Power Gloves

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These mano masterpieces were created by Bentley in FF #78 to serve several different purposes themed around the powers of the Fantastic Four. Perhaps the primary use is to simulate the super strength of the renowned strongman of the FF, and Bentley first demonstrates this by completely shattering a cast iron anvil with a casual slam of his balled up fist. Later on he tests it's power out in more impressive showings such as tearing off a stone steeple to use as a projectile against the Human Torch..

No Caption Provided

..and creating a devastating shockwave upon striking the ground against the F4.

No Caption Provided

These gloves give him the ability to shoot out blasts of raw electrical energy for range options similar to that of the Human Torch. These blasts at full intensity are sufficient to oneshot Mr. Fantastic in the past despite his rubbery anatomy and superhuman durability.

No Caption Provided

These gloves also have the uncanny ability to create localized wind spheres to disorient his opponents. These winds are at a high enough intensity to overwhelm the Human Torch who himself was capable of supersonic flight and possibly moreso at this point in time.

No Caption Provided

And to top it all off, these gloves were upgraded almost immediately upon their first use to create even more powerful gloves a few issues later in FF #81.

No Caption Provided

These gloves gave Bentley the same abilities as it's predecessor, but with a few more tricks. The gravity manipulation of his disks has been integrated into his gloves to create a sort of gravity-bending beam. He's used this primarily as a means to use the environment against his enemies, take for example when he sent a water tower flying into the Fantasticar at supersonic speeds.

No Caption Provided

The full extent of the capabilities of Bentley's gloves and the rest of his gear will be showcased as the debate goes on. Though I do believe this is sufficient to get a good basic understanding of the power he possesses literally at his fingertips.

Rebuttals/Initial Considerations

To give you a baseline for what Megamind is capable of, as a toddler, he was able to create a motorcycle from scrap materials that was outfitted with a wall busting energy weapon. And again, this was a baby Megamind with very limited resources (I mean he was in prison for Christ sake)

Very nice, though Bentley is certainly no stranger to utilizing limited resources in a pinch. He managed to create a bomb in the form of a pill that could demolish the front gate of a prison facility he was confined to in Strange Tales #110..

No Caption Provided

..as well as a jetpack using anti-gravity technology he also invented in prison in Strange Tales #118.

No Caption Provided

Flash forward a few years later when Megamind was in his youth years, we see the introduction of his trademark De-Gun, which can instantly dehydrate its target. This weapon is particularly useful because it is a one shot weapon and a surefire way to incapacitate the Wizard

Well I suppose the question then becomes what can the Wizard do to defend himself from such a device. Well for one..Bentley is quite quick. As in fast enough to give Human Torch troubles in catching up to him in casual flight.

No Caption Provided

And while moving at max intensity, Wizard can completely outspeed him to a point where Johnny can barely notice him streaking across the sky and into the lower space in FF #38.

No Caption Provided

Bentley clearly is going to be a very tough opponent to catch should he choose this option instead of his other option in defending himself which would be to take a page out of Sue Richard's book and put up a personal forcefield. This forcefield being durable enough to withstand the intensity of a pissed off Human Torch's flames with no issues.

No Caption Provided

So the Wizard is certainly not without his ways of dealing with such a weapon.

For starters, there is Megamind's giant mech suit, which is very strong in its own right.

Solid feats all around, but none of those showings are beyond what the Thing can do even in the classic days and Bentley has dealt with attacks from him and other powerhouses in the past. But as you can probably deduce at this point, Wizard is primarily not a physical fighter (though obviously isn't alien to such a concept) and likely won't try to trade blows with a giant mech suit just off appearances alone.

Next up we have the Brainbots

These devices have the same issue of whether they can tag Wizard in mid flight or not. Wizard certainly won't be so stupid as to fly headfirst into a cluster of hundreds of them, and his own antigravity beam can be used to dispatch lesser numbers of them that likely will try and go after him. I've already shown him sending a water tower flying away at supersonic speeds, but he's also shown the capability to rip up an environment when fighting the FF in FF #42 with an earlier version of his gravity beam.

No Caption Provided

Should he direct this force against the Brainbots, I'm not sure there's anything Megamind can do to counter this.

Switching films now, we have Megamind's super suit and the MegaMegaMind

Both of these are more physically adept than Bentley, I'll admit that. However as I said before, Wizard is smarter than to get into a physical confrontation with an unknown opponent. You've demonstrated Megamind's resistance to blunt force in this suit, but what about his energy resistance? I've laid out the baseline for Wizard's electric blasts, and even against other suits they've proven to be quite effective in damaging his opponent. Take for example when he went up against Doctor Doom (in a sense) and utilized his anti gravity discs to send an electric surge powerful enough to stun Vic with the intensity of a sequence of lightning bolts even through his personal shields in FF Vol. 3 #29.

No Caption Provided

I don't think I need to go into how durable Dr. Doom's armor is and what it takes to hurt him through it, but I certainly can if needed to drive this point home.

And yet, Megamind with his Spider-Bot, the final weapon in his arsenal, was able to casually evade crossbow speed projectiles and is incredibly nimble, jumping off of platforms and very high into the air

This thing could be dispatched with his antigravity beam or oneshotted with a shock blast. I don't see it being much of a threat to Wizard tbh.

While I will hold off on any assertions, it is my hope that I have conveyed just how versatile Megamind's gear is and how powerful this gear makes him

It makes him a physical threat sure, but I do believe Bentley has the versatility to handle pretty much anything Megamind can throw at him with what you've displayed thus far. I do believe Wizard has the advantage of having experience fighting characters with qualities similar to that of Megamind, whereas Megamind will have to use a different approach to fighting another supergenius with arguably a wider array of gizmos that he himself possesses. We'll see if he can do so to a degree that can end with him standing victorious, but he's fighting an uphill battle.

#12 Posted by Defiant_Will (1127 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks:

REBUTTAL | THE SUPER GENIUS

No Caption Provided

Okay so right off the bat I will admit that facing the Wizard will prove to be Megamind's hardest challenge yet, but not to the point that he can not overcome it:

THE PLAN:

The one thing that should be considered here, that my opponent seems to have forgotten, is that this is not a 1v1 fight. Megamind has composite gear, and two pieces of his gear can work independent of Megamind, and thus, can fight along side him. Those things are the Brainbots and the MegaMegaMind. The Wizard has to deal with two heavy hitters (Megamind and the MegaMegaMind) and an army of fodder (Brainbots) at the same time in order to at the very least stand a chance. Needless to say, the Wizard has the odds stacked against him.

Now, this leads me to my plan. Well, Megamind's brainbots serve as the perfect fodder and can swarm around the Wizard, attempting to restrain him from all directions. At the very least, they will demand the Wizard's immediate attention, and there are hundreds of them. To make matters worst, the MegaMegaMind can help them restrain him with its raw strength. Meanwhile, Megamind can take advantage of this in two ways: make use of his degun from behind or force the Wizard into a CQC scenario. Either way, the Wizard is screwed and will result in a sure win for Megamind. With that said, I will now defend this plan:

COUNTERS TO THE WIZARD'S GEAR:

First debuted in FF #36, these discs first and foremost allow Wizard the ability to fly and maneuver himself wherever he sees fit. They can also be attached onto enemies to render them either helplessly afloat as he did to the Thing in FF #94..

These discs clearly need to physically touch the opponent. Well, luckily for me, Megamind has an energy helmet that hard counters these discs, preventing projectiles from touching him.

Loading Video...

These gloves give him the ability to shoot out blasts of raw electrical energy for range options similar to that of the Human Torch. These blasts at full intensity are sufficient to oneshot Mr. Fantastic in the past despite his rubbery anatomy and superhuman durability.

How fast are these energy blasts? I mean Megamind has been able to weave through heat vision and dodge thrown projectiles from Titan, even while talking to Roxanne (bare in mind, this is the same Titan that was strong enough to throw half of a skyscraper, so the momentum behind these projectiles should be pretty substantial).

Loading Video...

Even if these energy blasts were fast enougth to tag Megamind, given how many enemies the Wizard will have to deal with, I sincerely doubt that he could even land one clean shot on Megamind.

These gloves also have the uncanny ability to create localized wind spheres to disorient his opponents. These winds are at a high enough intensity to overwhelm the Human Torch who himself was capable of supersonic flight and possibly moreso at this point in time.

Again, the question is how fast is this? Also, given the size of these wind spheres, I doubt it would have the AoE to affect Megamind's mech suit.

DEFENDING MY PLAN

Very nice, though Bentley is certainly no stranger to utilizing limited resources in a pinch. He managed to create a bomb in the form of a pill that could demolish the front gate of a prison facility he was confined to in Strange Tales #110.

The fact that these Megamind's intelligence feats as a toddler are comparable to the Wizard's feats as an adult speaks volumes as to the massive disparity in intelligence.

Well I suppose the question then becomes what can the Wizard do to defend himself from such a device. Well for one..Bentley is quite quick. As in fast enough to give Human Torch troubles in catching up to him in casual flight.

Well, the thing is that the Brainbots and MegaMegaMind will have the Wizard's attention from jump, so it's not like the Wizard will be given the chance to fly away from Megamind since his attention will be directed elsewhere.

Bentley clearly is going to be a very tough opponent to catch should he choose this option instead of his other option in defending himself which would be to take a page out of Sue Richard's book and put up a personal forcefield. This forcefield being durable enough to withstand the intensity of a pissed off Human Torch's flames with no issues.

Creating this forcefield would require a insane amount of reaction speed seeing as how it has to be manually turned on. Can the Wizard even react to a blast from Megamind's De-Gun? Also, to reiterate, how will the Wizard even have the time to focus on Megamind and turn on his forcefield if he has to deal with an army of hundreds of Brainbots and the MegaMegaMind?

These devices have the same issue of whether they can tag Wizard in mid flight or not.

I mean two of them were able to move faster than Tighten when he was moving at top speeds, which is undoubtedly faster than sound:

Loading Video...

Wizard certainly won't be so stupid as to fly headfirst into a cluster of hundreds of them, and his own antigravity beam can be used to dispatch lesser numbers of them that likely will try and go after him.

All of the Brainbots will be going after Tighten from nearly all angles. An antigravity beam with such embarrassing levels of AoE won't do crap against them.

I've already shown him sending a water tower flying away at supersonic speeds, but he's also shown the capability to rip up an environment when fighting the FF in FF #42 with an earlier version of his gravity beam.

Impressive AoE, but not impressive enough to deal with an entire army of hundreds of Brainbots.

Both of these are more physically adept than Bentley, I'll admit that.

That concession proves that forcing the Wizard into CQC through my plan is a viable way to win.

However as I said before, Wizard is smarter than to get into a physical confrontation with an unknown opponent. You've demonstrated Megamind's resistance to blunt force in this suit, but what about his energy resistance? I've laid out the baseline for Wizard's electric blasts, and even against other suits they've proven to be quite effective in damaging his opponent.

Again, how fast are these energy blasts? Also, how will the Wizard even tag Megamind when he was an army of Brainbots and a gargantuan mech to deal with.

Take for example when he went up against Doctor Doom (in a sense) and utilized his anti gravity discs to send an electric surge powerful enough to stun Vic with the intensity of a sequence of lightning bolts even through his personal shields in FF Vol. 3 #29.

These disc are hard countered by Megamind's energy helmet.

This thing could be dispatched with his antigravity beam or oneshotted with a shock blast. I don't see it being much of a threat to Wizard tbh.

Given the agility of this Spiderbot and its ability to evade crossbow speed projectiles, I find this unlikely.

#13 Posted by Defiant_Will (1127 posts) - - Show Bio