CaV: MCU Thor (xZone) Vs MCU Thanos and Hela (Kevd4wg)

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh wasnt tagged why WHY WHY!?

Ok good cav

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_titan_: Did you asked to be tagged? If so, I’m sorry for missing it

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanos_thebadas: I’m interested in what you thought about the lightning argument? Kev didn’t really counter that well and I felt it was a big deal considering it KO’d Hela

X

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506  Edited By thanos_thebadas

@xzone: I might need to re read that because I had to look at homework, for now discredit my vote.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zone, please don’t be the next Streak, arguing with voters.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: He literally said I could ask questions, man. I’m not arguing

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: please move the deadline up by like a day or 2.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: Kev and I recently talked about it and yeah, the deadline is no longer tonight

X

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Can I still vote in the next 2 hours?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I still vote in the next 2 hours?

We might not even have a deadline at this point... Don't worry about timing lol

X

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do ask questions for me if you want.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit! Wish I would've seen that the deadline was extended. I literally just finished reading the whole thing lol.

Anyway, let me not stretch this out. Both of you debated really well, but I'm ultimately siding with @kevd4wg. I think he was the better debater overall. My deciding factors (or rather thoughts in general):

• Wasn't a fan of X clipping his gifs. Kev using longer versions of the same gif was a really good blow.
  • "Any unbiased person can see..." Oof. You shouldn't insult anyone who may disagree with you lol.
  • X really spammed the same gifs and repeated the same arguments too often. I get why he did it, but it didn't make it any less overkill.
  • X did a great job of showing how effectively Thor uses that bullrush, as well as establishing that he can and will use lightning in the air. Kev did a great job of wrapping up the skill argument and showing the effectiveness of Hela's necroblades. I think he also did a good job of showing the instances where X contradicted himself.
  • I feel Kev should've countered the lightning argument a bit more, but he did a pretty decent job arguing against Stormbreaker.
  • X needed to tweak his language regarding Stormbreaker, because he made it sound like a nick from it was an insta-death. Pretty good job of showing Thor tagging Hela though.

Lots of other thoughts, but you get the point. Good debate fellas.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519  Edited By thanos_thebadas

I don't know tbh... Might drop out I reread everything I'm not sure. Just leave me out it's fine I'll comeback once voting is done to look at some people's voting reasons.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521  Edited By IAmTheLaw

Aftger reading this entire thread, I have to go with @kevd4wg - I haven't seen as much of him as xZone on this site, but I was very impressed.

He proved to me that Hela would likely solo, and at the very least, stagger Thor long enough for Thanos to absolutely crush him.

He also made a lot of the same arguments I've used in the Hulk vs Thor arena fight, scaling directly with Thanos, who is on another level entirely. That's enough to convince me. I also feel like xZone completely ignored a lot his points, and when he did address them, he used some Thor colored goggles to dismiss them without merit. Kev using longer versions of the same GIFs to counter Zone was an incredible move. Showing pretty much the entire second half of the battle with Hela was smart, as it showed Thor struggling with Val and also Hela having to focus on the ship. Also showing that she was fine and Thor/Valkyrie were both exhausted, which was confirmed later by the script (not argued) when Hulk jumped them to safety aboard the Asgardian ship.

Both sides made entertaining arguments. I enjoyed this thread immensely. Will definitely be reading CAV's from both of you in the future. I would have liked to see you both argue the Thanos side more conclusively, but I imagine that's difficult with what little we've been shown of him.

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump want to see what else people thought

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I’m surprised that the lightning argument is being completely neglected here...

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
deactivated-5c917f846ef0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit! Wish I would've seen that the deadline was extended. I literally just finished reading the whole thing lol.

Anyway, let me not stretch this out. Both of you debated really well, but I'm ultimately siding with @kevd4wg. I think he was the better debater overall. My deciding factors (or rather thoughts in general):

• Wasn't a fan of X clipping his gifs. Kev using longer versions of the same gif was a really good blow.
  • "Any unbiased person can see..." Oof. You shouldn't insult anyone who may disagree with you lol.
  • X really spammed the same gifs and repeated the same arguments too often. I get why he did it, but it didn't make it any less overkill.
  • X did a great job of showing how effectively Thor uses that bullrush, as well as establishing that he can and will use lightning in the air. Kev did a great job of wrapping up the skill argument and showing the effectiveness of Hela's necroblades. I think he also did a good job of showing the instances where X contradicted himself.
  • I feel Kev should've countered the lightning argument a bit more, but he did a pretty decent job arguing against Stormbreaker.
  • X needed to tweak his language regarding Stormbreaker, because he made it sound like a nick from it was an insta-death. Pretty good job of showing Thor tagging Hela though.

Lots of other thoughts, but you get the point. Good debate fellas.

Ik I said I'd vote but I'm really lazy when it comes to voting. I agree with the stuff that was said in this post

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Sorry man don't think I can vote. It's just too difficult to pick both of you made some really good points though and I can imagine different scenarios for each side being able to win, of that makes sense. Anyway I'll vote for some other Cab this one is way too hard for me to choose. I read your lighting argument btw it was very good and could be extremely effective. I'm still not certain how ever

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanos_thebadas: I appreciate you reading, man. Sorry I couldn’t convince you

X

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@thanos_thebadas: I appreciate you reading, man. Sorry I couldn’t convince you

X

Its not that both of you did convince me but I'm just having trouble chosing.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanos_thebadas: Hey, that’s a good thing lol. Like I said, thanks again for reading

X

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@thanos_thebadas: Hey, that’s a good thing lol. Like I said, thanks again for reading

X

Lol, no problem

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533  Edited By thanos_thebadas

Bunp

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534  Edited By Richubs

I am really sorry I didn't vote but if I still can I would vote for @Kevd4wg and I agree with @indomitableregal on his points except the lightning one. I wasn't fully convinced that Thor could actually put any of them down using the lightning or do anything very significant.

And Kev's arguments for Thanos were a little weak in some areas. He could've used better terminology than "sidestepping" lol. Anyways it was a nice CaV but it did get a little heated by the end.

Still a nice job by both of you.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If voting isn't over, I have to read Kev's final post and I'll be ready to vote.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally found the time. Thank you for your patience. Here's my two cents based on what I've read, hopefully I can remember the main points.

Xzone

Your best arguments were SB, Thor's bull-rush and versatility.

Your worst performance was repeating the same thing again and again and using out of context gifs for situations that favor Thor and using them interchangeable for both speed and skill.

You also argued Kev for using OOC Hela while you also use OOC Thor (weather manip/ lightning spam)

You overstate Thor's LC when we see Hela pretty much ignoring it in your own gifs and also Kev proved the only reason Hela was dropped for so long was because she was trapped yet you kept on repeating it over and over. Even when your opponent proved the two characters both tanked Thor's biggest lightning using the same scripts that you relied and on screen feats.

You also argued on the premise that Thor can somehow blitz two opponents who despite the fact he couldn't in the movies would do it here to which Kev counter by using Thor's defenseless if he throws SB or straight up tanking his lightning as they have in the movies.

Thanos is going to tank an attack from a weapon that he previously tried blasting and failed when he had the complete IG yet he has nothing here. Also I read something that didn't make sense. You said they didn't have knowledge of each other and thus Thanos won't know to dodge. But wouldn't this also kill your own strategic fighting (to keep his distance and take them down one by one) because Thor default and go to style is cqc, he doesn't even open with lightning either.

Kevd4wg

Your best arguments physicals, Hela's spamming, healing factor, superior numbers.

Your worst performance was never acknowledge the fact that Hela's blades are faster than SB or Thor himself and would therefore turn Thor into target practice .

You engage/indulge Xzone in his repetitive streak by repeating your counters too. You might have done that for the audience or not but I found it rather redundant by dropping to your opponent's level when you could've taken the high road.

Your were saltier than Xzone's I guess this is as a result of having to counter the same thing over and over.

Arguing that SB would be treated like Mjolnir even though SB is more versatile (spinning) and could potentially dismember her.

In the end my vote goes to Kev simply because he counter Xzone's arguments while Xzone didn't counter his but reinforced his previous arguments over and over.