Avatar image for kryptonianpride
#301 Edited by kryptonianpride (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Oh, sorry, didnt see that message. I already told you this is your thread, you control it. you have the authority to deny and approve votes. You are Scathan here. You can do what you wish and I transfer any further vote authority to you on future subject matters of voting.

#302 Posted by kryptonianpride (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

But also, I fully admit to being sore. Because the argument for most others is that Thor will be able to cast down lightning before Strange goes into astral form. Which just isnt what he has ever done. And also Strange knowing he'd do that or try to because strange knows all about Thor and thor doesnt know anything about Strange, so why would he lead off with lightning?

You see why this really isn't a proper cav debate? I didnt use things that were outside of Stranges showcases but my opponent is just making up his own version of thor and what he would do. I kept to the bounds of the character and how he battles. Xzone did not. And says that he would lead off with lightning against someone he would take more pleasure in meleeing to death instead.

Worse off, as soon as Astral mode activates, even if Thor calls lightning at the exact same time, that lightning is moving at a snail crawl while Strange moves toward Thor, who is not moving at all by comparison, and he proceeds to dismantle him from another plane of existence. That lightning bolt he called still hardly moving from the sky above and more than enough time for Astral strange to call a number of defenses to protect the body of Strange when the lightning hits the area.

Even then, the lightning cant take out armor that was shredded by M16 fire. But Im totally fine with the votes at the moment. Just wanted to reiterate the point. Its clear Xzone will take this victory and I am happy for him. Just wish he would have addressed that speed factor of the Astral form instead of well...not at all. If the both did it at the same time, astral mode and lightning, the lightning still wont hit Strange for a massively slow amount of time. more than enough time for Astral strange to do all sorts of things to Thor to kill him.

But I totally concede at this point, it doesnt matter, he has a lot of votes in his favor despite my argument. Props to him for that,

#303 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Oh, sorry, didnt see that message. I already told you this is your thread, you control it. you have the authority to deny and approve votes. You are Scathan here. You can do what you wish and I transfer any further vote authority to you on future subject matters of voting.

I don’t even think this requires a response. You’re ruining this by calling me a ”cheater” and saying I “control this thread”... I’m purposefully asking you, the other participant in this CAV before I disqualify a vote For bias

X

#304 Edited by kryptonianpride (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Never called you a cheater in public here.

#305 Edited by ourmanuel (5970 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Why’s it that every CaV I come into today has to turn to shit?

#306 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride: Doesn’t matter where you did it. Calling another CAVer a cheater is shameful, especially with no evidence AND when I offered you the chance to make an EXTRA post just so you could counter my final points and you turned it Down

X

#307 Edited by Sungsam (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

That's because Einefaust and KryptonianPride literally back each other in every thread where they both post in which they both suspiciously literally parrot each other's opinion to the Nth degree. Eine has a history often backing up Krypt in all threads.

Like when they both claimed that DC owns Dragonball for example.

#308 Posted by ourmanuel (5970 posts) - - Show Bio

Newguys vs Streak: Remastered.

#309 Posted by kryptonianpride (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: I'd rather walk away with a loss knowing you introduced a bunch of new gifs into the final post and your battle scenarios I couldnt respond to until after you had 7 votes+ dont really help much. I never called you a cheater anywhere in public. I felt what you did was wrong and if you don't agree, that's fine. I didnt say anything more and you saying I did is a complete fabrication. So stop your complaints. You've done nothing but pester voters and bump this thread instead of letting things go naturally.

I congrat'ed you repeatedly for your responses despite all of that. So with that said, you've derailed this thread enough already and make it just the worst ever. I did nothing but state how I felt over your introduction of new arguments and a ton of new gifs into your final closing statement.

To everyone else, sorry about the quality of this cav. And thanks to everyone for the votes. I was never hostile, nor accusing him of anything. He wanted the last word and I gave it to him and said nothing more.

#310 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride: You conveniently left out the fact that I offered you the chance to make an extra post

X

#311 Posted by geeman2 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Another CAV that spiraled into madness, just another day on the vine.

#312 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride: Gonna ask you to delete your comments and let this voting finish

X

#313 Edited by rem (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

A good debate, but overall id give my vote to @xzone due to the fact that his strenth feats, durability feats, speed feats and overall counters I felt simply outclassed @kryptonianprides. Some of the feats used had assumptions, and Xs arguments were pretty clear imo. There were some things I surely disagreed with (from both sides) but overall a pretty good debate. Next time I would stay clear of unnecessary/derogatory statements.

#314 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

@rem: Thanks for the vote man. Sorry the comments became a little out of line, thanks for participating

X

#315 Edited by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio
#316 Posted by FaradaySloth (5126 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Why’s it that every CaV I come into today has to turn to shit?

Because you're ourmanuel.

Avatar image for myleftbuttcheeksolos
#317 Edited by Myleftbuttcheeksolos (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: @kryptonianpride:

Krypto- post #302. "You see why this really isn't a proper cav debate? I didnt use things that were outside of Stranges showcases but my opponent is just making up his own version of thor and what he would do. I kept to the bounds of the character and how he battles. Xzone did not." That's basically saying someone cheated, and saying that xzone needs to stop complaining in post 309 when you've been complaining for longer is just funny. Pot calling the kettle black.

OT: while I feel xzone structured his final post in a funky way that did disadvantage his opponent, krypto's....misinterpretation....of a few things (Ultron bot/IM biggest one); all lead to, if you want to count my vote, it being for xzone....

Overall, being bloodlusted out to kill but in character, your basically going all out. That means leading with lightning and making copy's of yourself (if you have the time), but not once have I ever seen astral form utilized by dr. Strange in such a manner in character even when deadly serious.

That kinda spoke entire volumes....

#318 Edited by ourmanuel (5970 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for myleftbuttcheeksolos
#319 Posted by Myleftbuttcheeksolos (206 posts) - - Show Bio
#320 Posted by Rebake (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

When bloodlusted against Thanos, Thor did lead with lightning, so I can see that argument...

#321 Edited by Nucleon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride: Everything turns around speed on this board - even a battle between two non-speedsters (and not even two fast guys except for some auto-shields and reflexes) from a company that doesn't abuse speed itself, a company where speed is obviously just another stat instead of a time-stopping switch like it too often is at DC's.

Battle Board "logic": As soon as one character is deemed faster than the other, then time stops in his favour and he can even do a little nap while his adversary is paralyzed forever. You guys really think that's how things work? The only time it works that way is when PIS is used - but that's not the case with these MCU characters.

Anyway, this isn't a blame for any of you and your CaV - just a general jab at one of these boards' most incomprehensible trope, one that transform many otherwise valid comic fights into utter sht.

#322 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio
#323 Posted by Bayman007 (797 posts) - - Show Bio

For what it’s worth @kryptonianpride, you’d get my vote. I like your logic and the arguments you used, and I was impressed with your counters. You convinced me that Strange can react and end this fight very quickly.

Good job.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#324 Posted by Supermanforever (7121 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok finally finished reading the whole thing. Both did really well, but for me i just got covinced that thor wont be harmed by strange and will just not give him any gaps. I give my vote to xzone, but nice cav from both

#325 Edited by kryptonianpride (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: Appreciated! I thought it was viable, considering Strange already knows everything about Thor.

Here is what happens when Thor uses his Mjolnir enhanced direct lightning on a base model Iron Man. Nothing. Nothing happens.

Super alien grenade goes off right next to Advanced Nanotech Iron Man armor. He gets blasted away along with the Iron Spider and none other than Dr. Strange without any shields. Bare face tanked a nade' to the chin and didn't show a scratch.

Thors lightning can't go through asgardian armor and Skruge's M16 bullets shred through it like tin foil.

Thor's lightning is super weak and Dr. Strange can tank lightning bolts on his face from Thor all day long and not feel it, if he can withstand a grenade without shields so powerful, that nano Iron Man and Spiderman get flung backward. When Thors lightning can't even budge standard armor Iron Man from years prior.

thors lightning didnt matter at all. Thor can get popped in the noggin' by Thors lightning while he goes into astral form and it wont bother him. I didnt do a good job explaining that in detail. I hoped just the basic would be enough on that feat.

#326 Edited by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride: Do you do anything but lowball and baselessly say people cheat?

Oh...

#327 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Tally: Kryptonianpride: 8 @xzone: 18

#328 Posted by kryptonianpride (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Upset that Thors lightning didn't push back Iron Man at all, but Dr. Strange tanked a blast that blew down advance stark tech armor away? Not a low ball. Actually is what happened. Thors lightning couldnt take out the asgardian armor that m16 bullets shredded through. You gonna "lowball" and say that M16 bullets > alien grenade so powerful it blew down nano tech stark armor?

K.

And still never called you a cheater in public. Stop derailing. You should be given an auto loss for proclaiming and accusing me of that. Voters think I said it, I never called you a cheater in here.

#329 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride: An auto loss? Lmfao get out. You called me a cheater in PMs like I already said, and you said I posted unfairly, so just stop whining cause you lost, gees

X

#330 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride: LIke I said above, please delete your comments about this and let voting resume. Im not gonna continue to this with you

X

#331 Edited by ourmanuel (5970 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao, imagine all this cuz you took an L in a CaV. Don’t even know why he’s being a sore loser, I’ve seen people like newguys lose cavs 5-1 and accepted it like a man.

#332 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: Lol and newman was super petty, or I thought so anyways. But yeah... I prob wont pay much more attention to this CAV. Focusing on mine with lan and Anthp, real debaters

X

#333 Posted by ourmanuel (5970 posts) - - Show Bio
#334 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio
#335 Posted by kryptonianpride (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

"real debaters"

-Derailed the thread with nonsense posts, added extra arguments into the final statement making sure I couldnt respond, lied to the reader base in saying Thor can harm Strange with lightning when his lightning cant blow down first gen iron man armor, but an alien grenade blew down nano tech advanced armor iron man and didnt even phase dr strange using no magical defense at all (and lets be real, you did lie about it and insisted it could, it really couldnt) bumped the post for extra votes ever 20 minutes for days and didnt let it go naturally, pestered voters in the thread instead of in private messages, accused me of accusing you of cheating in public which I didnt and lastly injects yourself into conversations between myself and others when you have nothing to do with it, tossing in more random and unprovoked attacks on me.

And somehow, you are a good debater? lol ok.

And manuel, already conceded the fight pages ago. I accepted the loss so what you just said has no basis at all in reality.

#336 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

Good God The salt lmao

X

#337 Posted by Bayman007 (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride:

All this makes perfect sense, and there is only one real victor here. Your case has been proved left right and centre.

Ignore the goading by @xzone, he can be smug if he wants! Let him enjoy the win as a ‘real debater’ for now haha.

Game on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b19c56d708
#338 Posted by deactivated-5c0b19c56d708 (624 posts) - - Show Bio

go home, guys

#339 Posted by Rajjar (767 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride

He is not accusing you of accusing him of cheating as it applies publicly. He simply isn't. But what you haven't denied once is his accusation that you accused him of doing so privately. That raises a lot of suspicions, dude.

#340 Posted by ourmanuel (5970 posts) - - Show Bio

What the actual f**k is this

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#341 Posted by termiteone4ever (12651 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Cav I like the points both sides gave. KP got my vote.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#342 Edited by TheSpartanB345T (3755 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride: @xzone: Drama aside (honestly this is getting ridiculous, to be honest, and I'm not taking sides) I'll vote.

xZone: You did a good job of backing up your argument for what was needed in the battle, but other than that the feats were very minimal and you didn't really bring much to the table in that regard; my point is that your evidence needed more substance. Your claims were decently explained and you gave plenty of reasons why Thor would win. I would have delved deeper into Thor's abilities and showcased more than you did, but overall still a job well done. Your counters were somewhat subpar at times, since I found myself hoping that obvious flaws in the opponent's argument would be shot down or exposed and was disappointed when this was not the case.

kryptonianpride: The reason that your arguments were more disappointing is because I felt myself agreeing with them but then also elaborating further in my mind when you did not. You could have emphasized the usefulness of the astral form, cloning, and his gadgets better. Your teleportation arguments were insanely well-made and if you had used that as a main point for argument it could have instantly solidified your victory. The issue is that you didn't convey the sheer overwhelming amount of abilities that Doctor Strange could use at once (with cloning) and instead implied or briefly mentioned it. Using teleportation as a direct counter to Thor's speed advantage with lightning would work amazingly if you could couple that with his methods of restraining or killing Thor. You lowballed quite a bit (the chair argument seemed more like a misplaced joke than an actual point) and danced around the actual things that could have solidified DS's victory. The problem with your arguments is that they misuse their own potential. You'd bring up a good argument (like teleportation) and then drop it in the next post. If you explained your arguments better and maintained consistency, this may have gone differently.

Overall, my vote goes to xZone due to his overall superior performance. Kryptionianpride failed to capitalize on his best arguments and lacked focused cohesion between posts and counters. While both members made this a difficult decision, the answer is still quite clear after reading through this CaV.

#343 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio
#344 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio
#345 Posted by DrPepperMan (5760 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote was going to be based around a setting where I acted as if I never watched the movies but I don't really feel like it right now.

My vote goes to @xzone since IMO there was way too much lowballing on the other side. The opponent purposely used Thor's lowest end feats in hopes of proving Thor was weak while ignoring Thor's good feats. And he didn't prove some things, such as the Infinity Gauntlet blast even being lightning, much less lightning speed. Not to mention purposely left out context.

Thor was proven to be stronger, faster, more durable, and just overall superior. Though X could have argued Strange couldn't have known about the lightning coming even if he could react.

#346 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio
#347 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio
#348 Posted by xZone (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting is Now over Final Tally is: @kryptonianpride 9 @xzone 20

GG, and thanks for voting and reading everyone!

X

#349 Posted by JacenSolo77 (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Take a loss like a man Krypto, it's pathetic to be a sore loser.

#350 Posted by kryptonianpride (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacensolo77: Nobody was a sore loser. I consceded respectfully days ago. Please read before you post.