Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xzone
No Caption Provided

Thor Odinson, god of Thunder, Represented by @xzone

No Caption Provided

Doctor Stephen Strange, Represented by @kryptonianpride

CaV Rules:

• This is a "Challenge a Viner" debate, only @kryptonianpride and I are allowed to debate
  • If you want to vote at the end of the debate, say "T4V"
  • Vote for who convinced you more, not based on which character you prefer

Battle Rules:

• Standard Gear, but no Time Stone
  • Both Characters have Composite MCU Feats
  • Assume all Mjolnir's feats translate to Stormbreaker
  • Win by Death
  • Bloodlusted/Morals off but in Character
  • Battle takes place on MCU Titan
xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianpride It's up. Lemme know if you need anything changed, and please send me a gif you want to use for Strange

X

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anthp2000  Moderator

Are you in like 4 Thor CaVs right now? Lol.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you in like 4 Thor CaVs right now? Lol.

Three, but I am using the same character to make it easier on myself lol. I'm also unsure if Arthercurry will actually complete the Faora CAV, but we will see.

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Also, when's that Diana post happening (poke poke) :p

X

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 anthp2000  Moderator
xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thanos_thebadas

@xzone: Lol wow how many Cavs are you in?

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag after each post

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only three atm. I can tag you in my 3rd one (Thor vs Faora) if you would like

X

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Setup perfectly. Looking forward to a solid debate!

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Setup perfectly. Looking forward to a solid debate!

Who would you like to go first?

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: I dont have to go first, you can if you'd like, you are the director here ;) But you can post your intro any time you want. IMO the Intro should be just a basic run down of the character and maybe just few interesting feats but no arguments. If you are okay with that, I'd like the arguments to really begin in a telling of feats and discussion after the Intro. So when we both post intros any time. Does that sound ok?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: I dont have to go first, you can if you'd like, you are the director here ;) But you can post your intro any time you want. IMO the Intro should be just a basic run down of the character and maybe just few interesting feats but no arguments. If you are okay with that, I'd like the arguments to really begin in a telling of feats and discussion after the Intro. So when we both post intros any time. Does that sound ok?

You're welcome to go first. Ive got quite a bit on my plate atm

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone

Dr. Stephen Vincent Strange

No Caption Provided

Origin

Stephen Vincent Strange, otherwise known as Mister Doctor to Kaecilius (teehee), was born in New York City and achieved a PhD. in Neuroscience as a young man. He is a brash, direct and no-nonsense personality type and believes himself capable of intellectual prowess that could rival Gods. After crashing his Lambo in an accident and falling off a cliff, he awakes from his disastrous and painful crash with excessive nerve damage in his hands. After months, potentially years of pursuit of clinical trials and radical nerve treatment therapies, he meets Crispus Allen (I am kidding) from the DCU, who tells him that he saw a man with total back nerve damage somehow walking around the city.

Bonus and Fun Fact: The actor who played the physical therapist was the same actor in the DC Justice League movie who played Crispus Allen (The Spectre). Coincidence!? Yea...lol. It was totally a coincidence haha. But, still, a fun theory to play with.

Mister Doctor travels to Nepal and seeks out the Ancient One. He is refused at first but ends up being accepted into the ranks of the school of the mystic arts. He learns at an accelerated rate and after some months/years of training and practice, dawns the mantle of the Master of the Mystic Arts after the Ancient One passes away.

Facts and Feats about Strange

Genius Intellect

Strange has a powerful photographic memory. He can learn faster than the average genius can and that is what lead to him understanding and excelling at the Mystic Arts.

"I've got a photographic memory. It's how I got my M.D. and Ph.D. at the same time."―Doctor Strange

Dimensional Trapping

Teleporting

Crimson Bands

Shields and Defense

Cloning

Wishing Goodluck to my Opponent

I won't be arguing actual battle tactics in this intro. This was just a basic run down of some interesting feats and facts about the character. In my opinion, Dr. Strange has already demonstrated abilities far in advance of anything Thor is capable of handling. Even with Stormbreaker, it is my belief that Thor will not succeed in a death battle against a bloodlusted Dr. Strange, who does not care about anyone or anything around him. He is free to use the most powerful magic possible and has no regard for Thor's life or the surrounding dimension, or planet. In the first battle post that comes after my opponent posts his Intro, I will be detailing why I believe this to be true.

No Caption Provided

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag after every post por favor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor Odinson, god of Thunder, King of Asgard, Strongest Avenger

No Caption Provided

Why Thor Wins:

Thor has many ways he can win, but the easiest way for him to win is by a quick lightning blast. Doctor Strange has never reacted to attacks as fast as Thor's, and neither has he reacted to anyone as fast as Thor. Besides the overwhelming physical advantage Thor has, he also has a speed advantage which he can exploit to one shot the Sorcerer Supreme before he reacts

Now, Shall we?

Strength:

Here Thor Crushes Iron-man's gauntlets with ease
Here Thor Crushes Iron-man's gauntlets with ease

A few things to note here:

• Thor was weakened at the time due to Dark magic
  • Thor did this effortlessly
  • These gauntlets are made of a gold titanium alloy which is four times harder than steel

The take away from this:

I think we can all agree Thor is most definitely stronger than DS, but if my opponent challenges this I am more than happy to come back to it

Speed:

Attack Speed:

Here you can see that Thor can call lightning down instantly on DS, and DS has never reacted to anything as fast as lighting
Here you can see that Thor can call lightning down instantly on DS, and DS has never reacted to anything as fast as lighting

Combat Speed:

Here Thor can completely statue both Captain America and Iron-Man, so it is more than likely he can completely statue DS, who as a normal human should be slower than Stark's flying speed and Captain America's Speed
Here Thor can completely statue both Captain America and Iron-Man, so it is more than likely he can completely statue DS, who as a normal human should be slower than Stark's flying speed and Captain America's Speed

Reaction Speed:

Here we can see Thor easily reacting to objects breaking the sound barrier, so Thor will have no issue at all reacting to and blocking DS's attacks
Here we can see Thor easily reacting to objects breaking the sound barrier, so Thor will have no issue at all reacting to and blocking DS's attacks

Durability:

Blunt Durability:

Here Thor tanks seemingly endless hits from the Hulk
Here Thor tanks seemingly endless hits from the Hulk

Energy Durability:

This is DS's main attack style, but unfortunately this is where Thor's durability shines

Here Thor tanks a city exploding in his face
Here Thor tanks a city exploding in his face
Here Thor tanks a small town size explosion
Here Thor tanks a small town size explosion
Here Thor survives the full heat/energy of a Star
Here Thor survives the full heat/energy of a Star

The take away from this:

DS has no way to put Thor down here. Thor has tanked far worse and walked it off

Attack Potency:

Here Thor sends Malekith through a building with ease
Here Thor sends Malekith through a building with ease
Here Thor creates massive shockwaves and nearly KO's the Hulk with a single punch
Here Thor creates massive shockwaves and nearly KO's the Hulk with a single punch
Here Thor destroys a city block level of Jotunheim with ease
Here Thor destroys a city block level of Jotunheim with ease

The take away from this:

Thor is more than capable of one shotting Stephen

Final Thoughts:

• Thor is more than capable of one shotting Stephen
  • Stephen is not capable of putting Thor down without portals which Thor is way to fast for
  • Thor is more than capable of dodging any of DS's attacks and Blitzing him

With that said, thanks for reading

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great intro !!! I'll do my best to get up a first rebuttle over the weekend. If not, sorry. Soon after hopefully.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xzone

@kryptonianpride: Take your time. I just had some free time today, but if you need a week or even longer take it

X

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v should be good.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The Counters

Thor's Lightning

My opponent stated: "Here you can see that Thor can call lightning down instantly on DS, and DS has never reacted to anything as fast as lighting"

In my intro, I showed that Thanos tossing lightning through the Infinity Gauntlet still was slow enough for Strange to form a defense for and toss it right back. Clearly, anything from the Infinity Gauntlet is going to be more powerful, faster and better in every way than even Infinity War Thor's Lightning.

Again, here Strange no selling Infinity Gauntlet Lightning blasts. Thor's lightning won't be effective at all.

No Caption Provided

Not only that, but in his astral form (refer to the Astral Projection Offense section below) lightning moves at a snail pace to Strange. Nothing Thor has in the way of energy/lightning projection power will matter to Dr. Strange when he can no sell the Infinity Gauntlet version of lightning.

• That is more than enough proof that Thor's lightning is not a problem to the Master of the Mystic Arts. Thor's lightning is nowhere near the level of the Infinity Gauntlet, which Strange handled without any problem and was more than fast enough to react to. Thor's Lightning is a non-factor in this fight.

Thor's Speed

My opponent said: "Here Thor can completely statue both Captain America and Iron-Man, so it is more than likely he can completely statue DS, who like a normal human should be slower than Stark's flying speed and Captain America's Speed"

• Everyone was a statue to Quick Silver. Thor was moving at the same speed as Iron Man, who was capable of dodging all of Thor's attacks. I am not sure what your argument is here in that gif feat. Thor was moving super slow and so was iron man.
  • To sum this up. Thor fights Iron Man and gets battered around by Energy Blasts, he is too slow to dodge. He Fights Kurse and can't dodge a boulder coming at him. He also is too slow to dodge a fish net sprung on him.

Here is Thor unable to dodge a fish net fired by an alien gun by some dudes in a trash pile

My opponent said: "This is Thor breaking the Sound Barrier."

No, it really isn't, I'm afraid. That is Malekith using energy to blow off debris from himself.

Durability/Defense

Here, Thor can't handle Iron Man's front Kick or his energy blasts and is sent flying backward. Whereas Dr. Strange tanks Thanos' front kick while using the Power Stone Gem. There is really no debate there, I'm afraid. Dr. Strange no sells the Power Stone front kick and Thor can't handle Iron Man's front kick.

Here, Thor can't handle a punch from Ultron.

Here, Strange again handles a front kick from the physically strongest being in the entire universe, who makes Ultron and Iron Man pale in comparison by massive quantities and factor.

Here, Strange's shields stop a massive craft from impacting the ground at high speeds. This feat has a massive impact force variable that far exceeds Ultron punches, Iron Man Kicks and also Kurse tossing a boulder at Thor and rendering him almost unconscious.

Here is that scene of a boulder totally wrecking Thor upon impact. This impact level isn't even close to the level of Impact that Strange's shields were impacted with upon crashing.

• So here, I've proven that Thor has no feats that are remotely close to Thanos' physicality level. Thor's physical striking doesn't matter if Strange can actually block physical strikes from the Infinity Gauntlet and not instantly explode on contact. Some rocks were enough to almost take Thor out and Strange proves that he can handle impact forces that are far, far in excess of anything Thor has even demonstrated.
  • xZone used feats of Hulk beating up Thor as Justification for better durability. But both Thor and Hulk were brutally mauled by Thanos. Those punches and strikes took Hulk out in just a few shots at the beginning of Infinity War. Dr. Strange No Sold Infinity Gauntlet level strength and kicks that ended Hulk and Thor instantly. Nothing in the way of physical strength will harm Dr. Strange. Thor and Hulk were devastated by Thanos. And Thanos was not physically strong enough to even break Dr. Strange's shields.

In terms of Feats of power in a physical sense, Dr. Strange has vastly superior magical strength that is powerful enough to handle the Infinity Gauntlet. He contested the physically strongest being in the entire universe. Thor is not the physically strongest.

Extra Credit Counters

Dr. Strange Beast Mode

Remember, this battle is to the death, with no regard for anything, anyone around them. Strange is Bloodlusted.

Dr. Strange doesn't even need to be anywhere near you to teleport you anywhere he wishes. He already did it to Loki.

He teleported both Loki and Thor away with a mere gesture.

I'm sorry, I do not agree that Thor's reaction speed is enough. He has actually been dumbfounded by Strange's teleportation speed. While Thor is confused about what just happened, in that instant of teleportation, take a look at what Strange is doing. He is actually mid mixing a potion in a cup using Thors hair.

Here, he plucks hair off thor without him even being aware he was behind him, then immediately teleports him again and Thor Falls over in confusion <-- This one is vital to the debate. Because Thor was still talking to another projection of Strange when the teleported version of Strange appeared behind thor without him knowing. Strange can teleport and move faster than Thor can even see and understand Strange isnt there anymore.

In that scene, Strange already studied Asgardians and wanted to double check the spells needed to teleport Thor to Odin. Which means that Strange can teleport you anywhere he wants.

He plucked Thor's hair right off his head. So, really...as silly as the debate is, pulling out Thor's hair is actually a viable option for the battle. It would hurt a lot, probably render him unconscious with pain when Dr. Strange teleports all the hair and rips them out of his skull. Why not? He can do it with his bare hands, imagine what his magic would do.

How Strange Wins

Dr. Strange went up against the Infinity Gauntlet and not only tanked a lot from Thanos, but inflicted some harm too, which forced Thanos into some struggle. The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak made Thanos grit his teeth and struggle to be free of them.

Not only that, Thor is nowhere near the level of Dormammu. Not even close. The Simple Fact that Strange can even put up a defense against a cosmic entity on that level for seconds at a time is an absurd telling of how powerful Strange's shields and reactionary abilities really are.

The shield and magical defenses of Strange not only held up for a time, but the movie writer and director confirm that during his thousands of deaths, he practiced and got a lot more powerful over that period.

No Caption Provided

Beyond that level of absurd defensive capabilities. Dr. Strange has the ability to copy himself many times and mess with Thor, while one version teleports away to a safe location and teleports everyone into the Mirror Dimension, or the Dark Dimension.

Thor has no feats of stopping a teleportation used on him. The scenes in Ragnarok proved that Thor is helpless to being teleported away and cannot even fly without Mjolnir. So the battle strategy is for one copy of Strange's self to teleport to a safe place away from Thor while a multitude of Stranges invoking the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak (powerful enough to restrain Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet) drive Thor insane.

Strange demonstrates he can teleport Thor and Loki on a whim from vast distances away in Ragnarok. There is no reason he can't do this again and that would be first on his agenda. Strange already did it. He knows Thor is weak to that. And so Thor gets trapped in the Mirror Dimension forever, Inside the Dark Dimension where Dormammu just blasts him to death immediately, or any number of horrific places.

He wasn't able to do this to Thanos because Thanos could teleport right back and that would be useless. But, Thor is susceptible to that. And again, Strange already did it...to two Asgardians at the same time.

Dr. Strange starts out by copying himself many, many times over. Retraining Thor with the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak and also doing two things. One of his copies can teleport Thor to a dangerous deadly place and win the fight immediately. The other can Astral project and since they are so fast in that form that even lightning looks slow, there are a number of terrifying things Strange can do to Thor while he remains a statue restrained by a bunch of copies of Strange using the Crimson Bands.

In the New York Battle, Wong chops off Cull Obsidans arm with a portal closing. There is no reason someone much more powerful in Dr. Strange cannot do the same while Thor is restrained by the Crimson Bands. Beyond that, potentially push thors soul right out of his body.

https://youtu.be/KwfmqAFBZR4?t=114

A Closing First Statement

Thor is nowhere near strong enough to even phase Dr. Strange's magical defenses. Dormammu...Infinity Gauntlet? Yep. Stranges feats trump Thor's 1000:1 on that front. Nothing Thor can do physically will harm Strange. He isn't even remotely powerful enough. Thanos crushed Thor in his bare hands at the beginning of IW and also dismantled the Hulk in hand to hand. Strange then goes up against Thanos with even more gems and does very well. Right there, Strange trumps Thor in combat feats.

Thor's lightning is a non-factor. Strange tanked and redirected lightning from the Infinity Gauntlet. Thor's lightning is no where near that level.

Thor is over confident and Dr. Strange is calculating and already read up on Asgardians. He knows their own magic spells and a lot of them. He has books on them. He knows all their weaknesses.

Thor's speed factor is also a non-issue if he can't handle Ultron or Iron Man in a 1v1. Strange 1v1ed Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet and got some shots in.

The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak will restrain and crush Thor to death and can be used in multiple copies of Dr. Strange at the same time.

Thor is outclassed in speed, defense, energy projection, mystical powers, and has no defense against teleportation. They call him Sourceror Supreme for a reason.

Thanks for reading! <3

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:
@thanos_thebadas said:

Only three atm. I can tag you in my 3rd one (Thor vs Faora) if you would like

X

Sure, thanks.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for everything

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: Tag, cause I sent you a sarcastic comment

X

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@ourmanuel: Tag, cause I sent you a sarcastic comment

X

No Caption Provided

I can already see who my vote goes to...

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By xzone

Thor Odinson counters to Doctor Strange:

@kryptonianpride said:

The Counters

Thor's Lightning

My opponent stated: "Here you can see that Thor can call lightning down instantly on DS, and DS has never reacted to anything as fast as lighting"

In my intro, I showed that Thanos tossing lightning through the Infinity Gauntlet still was slow enough for Strange to form a defense for and toss it right back. Clearly, anything from the Infinity Gauntlet is going to be more powerful, faster and better in every way than even Infinity War Thor's Lightning.

Again, here Strange no selling Infinity Gauntlet Lightning blasts. Thor's lightning won't be effective at all.

No Caption Provided

Well, that's a pretty silly set of statements. First, that's not DS tanking the infinity gauntlet blasts, thats him blocking an unquantifiable blast with the mirror dimension. Second, we have no idea how fast that blast is. What you said above has literally nothing to do with DS surviving/reacting to lightning speed lightning:

No Caption Provided

Not only that, but in his astral form (refer to the Astral Projection Offense section below) lightning moves at a snail pace to Strange. Nothing Thor has in the way of energy/lightning projection power will matter to Dr. Strange when he can no sell the Infinity Gauntlet version of lightning.

• That is more than enough proof that Thor's lightning is not a problem to the Master of the Mystic Arts. Thor's lightning is nowhere near the level of the Infinity Gauntlet, which Strange handled without any problem and was more than fast enough to react to. Thor's Lightning is a non-factor in this fight.

So an unquantifiable beam from the IG is now proof that DS can both react to and physically tank lightning? Let alone Thor's lightning?

Thor's Speed

My opponent said: "Here Thor can completely statue both Captain America and Iron-Man, so it is more than likely he can completely statue DS, who like a normal human should be slower than Stark's flying speed and Captain America's Speed"

• Everyone was a statue to Quick Silver. Thor was moving at the same speed as Iron Man, who was capable of dodging all of Thor's attacks. I am not sure what your argument is here in that gif feat. Thor was moving super slow and so was iron man.
Since you didn't get it the first time, here it is again. Iron-man was completely frozen while Thor was clearly moving. Look more closely
Since you didn't get it the first time, here it is again. Iron-man was completely frozen while Thor was clearly moving. Look more closely

• To sum this up. Thor fights Iron Man and gets battered around by Energy Blasts, he is too slow to dodge. He Fights Kurse and can't dodge a boulder coming at him. He also is too slow to dodge a fish net sprung on him.

First off, I was hoping we would stay away from silly low-balling in this CaV, but I can see that isn't the case.

Second, when Thor fought Stark he was weakened by Dark Magic, and it's not like he was going all out.

Third, well, Thor did react to the boulder

Fourth, you're low-balling and its not even accurate. The net doesn't have a quantified speed, so to say "oh look Thor couldn't react to this" when you don't even know how fast the object is seriously ignorant and dishonest

Here is Thor unable to dodge a fish net fired by an alien gun by some dudes in a trash pile

My opponent said: "This is Thor breaking the Sound Barrier."

No, it really isn't, I'm afraid. That is Malekith using energy to blow off debris from himself.

Prove it. To anyone looking these attacks are clearly breaking the sound barrier

No Caption Provided

Durability/Defense

Here, Thor can't handle Iron Man's front Kick or his energy blasts and is sent flying backward. Whereas Dr. Strange tanks Thanos' front kick while using the Power Stone Gem. There is really no debate there, I'm afraid. Dr. Strange no sells the Power Stone front kick and Thor can't handle Iron Man's front kick.

Like I said already, Thor was weakened by Dark Magic, plus you're simply lowballing Thor besides. Also, DS didn't tank any hits, he shielded from them.

Here, Thor can't handle a punch from Ultron.

Lowballing, pre-amp, feat for Ultron, and it's not like Thor was seriously hurt. About 5 minutes later he tanks a city exploding in his face

Here, Strange again handles a front kick from the physically strongest being in the entire universe, who makes Ultron and Iron Man pale in comparison by massive quantities and factor.

Here, Strange's shields stop a massive craft from impacting the ground at high speeds. This feat has a massive impact force variable that far exceeds Ultron punches, Iron Man Kicks and also Kurse tossing a boulder at Thor and rendering him almost unconscious.

Here is that scene of a boulder totally wrecking Thor upon impact. This impact level isn't even close to the level of Impact that Strange's shields were impacted with upon crashing.

Here is a link to @apex_pretador's calc for this feat https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mcu-kurse-boulder-feat-1827540/?page=1

• So here, I've proven that Thor has no feats that are remotely close to Thanos' physicality level. Thor's physical striking doesn't matter if Strange can actually block physical strikes from the Infinity Gauntlet and not instantly explode on contact. Some rocks were enough to almost take Thor out and Strange proves that he can handle impact forces that are far, far in excess of anything Thor has even demonstrated.

And none of that matters whatsoever when DS still can't react to lightning Thor calls down, and Physically can not survive it

• xZone used feats of Hulk beating up Thor as Justification for better durability. But both Thor and Hulk were brutally mauled by Thanos. Those punches and strikes took Hulk out in just a few shots at the beginning of Infinity War. Dr. Strange No Sold Infinity Gauntlet level strength and kicks that ended Hulk and Thor instantly. Nothing in the way of physical strength will harm Dr. Strange. Thor and Hulk were devastated by Thanos. And Thanos was not physically strong enough to even break Dr. Strange's shields.

So now we are equating DS shielding from a casual kick from Thanos to Thor tanking 15 Ground pound hits to the face from Hulk?

In terms of Feats of power in a physical sense, Dr. Strange has vastly superior magical strength that is powerful enough to handle the Infinity Gauntlet. He contested the physically strongest being in the entire universe. Thor is not the physically strongest.

If we are gonna scale from the Infinity Gauntlet.. Well..

No Caption Provided

Thor totally overpowered the entire IG, so to act like DS>Thanos/IG>Thor is both an inaccurate way of scaling, but even using that scaling Thor is stronger
Thor totally overpowered the entire IG, so to act like DS>Thanos/IG>Thor is both an inaccurate way of scaling, but even using that scaling Thor is stronger

Extra Credit Counters

My opponent said: "DS has no way to put Thor down here. Thor has tanked far worse and walked it off"

What? First off, what does DS "tanking" (blocking) have to do with his damage output on Thor?

DS is now city level in durability? What in the actual world that makes no sense man

Here, we have proven that xZones comments on the durability, speed and defensive powers of Strange are not in favor of Thor. Strange actually has superior feats in nearly every avenue of the debate.

You have proven literally nothing. The IG is not using lightning, the power of it is unquantifiable and so is the speed. Doctor Strange blocking Thanos attacks does not equate to hurting Thor

Dr. Strange Beast Mode

Remember, this battle is to the death, with no regard for anything, anyone around them. Strange is Bloodlusted.

Dr. Strange doesn't even need to be anywhere near you to teleport you anywhere he wishes. He already did it to Loki.

He teleported both Loki and Thor away with a mere gesture.

I'm sorry, I do not agree that Thor's reaction speed is enough. He has actually been dumbfounded by Strange's teleportation speed. While Thor is confused about what just happened, in that instant of teleportation, take a look at what Strange is doing. He is actually mid mixing a potion in a cup using Thors hair.

Here, he plucks hair off thor without him even being aware he was behind him, then immediately teleports him again and Thor Falls over in confusion <-- This one is vital to the debate. Because Thor was still talking to another projection of Strange when the teleported version of Strange appeared behind thor without him knowing. Strange can teleport and move faster than Thor can even see and understand Strange isnt there anymore.

In that scene, Strange already studied Asgardians and wanted to double check the spells needed to teleport Thor to Odin. Which means that Strange can teleport you anywhere he wants.

He plucked Thor's hair right off his head. So, really...as silly as the debate is, pulling out Thor's hair is actually a viable option for the battle. It would hurt a lot, probably render him unconscious with pain when Dr. Strange teleports all the hair and rips them out of his skull. Why not? He can do it with his bare hands, imagine what his magic would do.

These rapid teleports were in DS own house, and he has never done this anywhere outside of his own home. Also, what does teleporting even do to Thor?

How Strange Wins

Dr. Strange went up against the Infinity Gauntlet and not only tanked a lot from Thanos, but inflicted some harm too, which forced Thanos into some struggle. The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak made Thanos grit his teeth and struggle to be free of them.

Not only that, Thor is nowhere near the level of Dormammu. Not even close. The Simple Fact that Strange can even put up a defense against a cosmic entity on that level for seconds at a time is an absurd telling of how powerful Strange's shields and reactionary abilities really are.

The shield and magical defenses of Strange not only held up for a time, but the movie writer and director confirm that during his thousands of deaths, he practiced and got a lot more powerful over that period.

No Caption Provided

Beyond that level of absurd defensive capabilities. Dr. Strange has the ability to copy himself many times and mess with Thor, while one version teleports away to a safe location and teleports everyone into the Mirror Dimension, or the Dark Dimension.

Thor has no feats of stopping a teleportation used on him. The scenes in Ragnarok proved that Thor is helpless to being teleported away and cannot even fly without Mjolnir. So the battle strategy is for one copy of Strange's self to teleport to a safe place away from Thor while a multitude of Stranges invoking the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak (powerful enough to restrain Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet) drive Thor insane.

Strange demonstrates he can teleport Thor and Loki on a whim from vast distances away in Ragnarok. There is no reason he can't do this again and that would be first on his agenda. Strange already did it. He knows Thor is weak to that. And so Thor gets trapped in the Mirror Dimension forever, Inside the Dark Dimension where Dormammu just blasts him to death immediately, or any number of horrific places.

He wasn't able to do this to Thanos because Thanos could teleport right back and that would be useless. But, Thor is susceptible to that. And again, Strange already did it...to two Asgardians at the same time.

Dr. Strange starts out by copying himself many, many times over. Retraining Thor with the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak and also doing two things. One of his copies can teleport Thor to a dangerous deadly place and win the fight immediately. The other can Astral project and since they are so fast in that form that even lightning looks slow, there are a number of terrifying things Strange can do to Thor while he remains a statue restrained by a bunch of copies of Strange using the Crimson Bands.

In the New York Battle, Wong chops off Cull Obsidans arm with a portal closing. There is no reason someone much more powerful in Dr. Strange cannot do the same while Thor is restrained by the Crimson Bands. Beyond that, potentially push thors soul right out of his body.

https://youtu.be/KwfmqAFBZR4?t=114

No other way to put this but this is all ridiculous. Thor doesn't need to be>>Dormammu because Dormammu stomped Strange. Thor did better against Thanos than DS did, but that's still a flawed way of scaling

A Closing First Statement

Thor is nowhere near strong enough to even phase Dr. Strange's magical defenses. Dormammu...Infinity Gauntlet? Yep. Stranges feats trump Thor's 1000:1 on that front. Nothing Thor can do physically will harm Strange. He isn't even remotely powerful enough. Thanos crushed Thor in his bare hands at the beginning of IW and also dismantled the Hulk in hand to hand. Strange then goes up against Thanos with even more gems and does very well. Right there, Strange trumps Thor in combat feats.

Thor's lightning is a non-factor. Strange tanked and redirected lightning from the Infinity Gauntlet. Thor's lightning is no where near that level.

Thor is over confident and Dr. Strange is calculating and already read up on Asgardians. He knows their own magic spells and a lot of them. He has books on them. He knows all their weaknesses.

Thor's speed factor is also a non-issue if he can't handle Ultron or Iron Man in a 1v1. Strange 1v1ed Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet and got some shots in.

The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak will restrain and crush Thor to death and can be used in multiple copies of Dr. Strange at the same time.

Thor is outclassed in speed, defense, energy projection, mystical powers, and has no defense against teleportation. They call him Sourceror Supreme for a reason.

Thanks for reading! <3

Now that I have taken apart your points, I'll re-establish mine

Why Thor can take Doctor Strange down:

Thor can easily blitz the Hulk who can react to mach speed projectiles. That's faster than anything DS has ever reacted to
Thor can easily blitz the Hulk who can react to mach speed projectiles. That's faster than anything DS has ever reacted to

Thor can hit DS with lightning before DS will react, and since Doctor Strange doesn't have any durability feats to survive lightning without blocking it, he will be one shot and the fight is over
Thor can hit DS with lightning before DS will react, and since Doctor Strange doesn't have any durability feats to survive lightning without blocking it, he will be one shot and the fight is over

If for some reason Thor can't blitz Strange, he can always bust a city block around them
If for some reason Thor can't blitz Strange, he can always bust a city block around them

No Caption Provided

Another showing of Thor's insane city block level attacks that will one shot DS even if he attempts to blocks them
Another showing of Thor's insane city block level attacks that will one shot DS even if he attempts to blocks them

Why Strange can't kill Thor

Thor survives the heat/energy of a star
Thor survives the heat/energy of a star

Here Thor tanks a city exploding
Here Thor tanks a city exploding

Thor again tanks endless hits from Hulk. DS has never shown this amount of damage output
Thor again tanks endless hits from Hulk. DS has never shown this amount of damage output

Here's why that feat is insane
Here's why that feat is insane

With that said, thanks for reading

X