#351 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna have to give my vote to @lan_fan (she?) did a good job of proving that the speed of the DCEU team would be too much for Thor to handle, she also demonstrated (although shakily) that her team would be able to react to a lot of Thor's attacks.

Don't get me wrong if this was just Thor vs. Zod then I feel like @xzone would've dominated this CAV but I think that the numbers of the DCEU team would make it far too much for Thor.

(Not my greatest breakdown, I'll add to this later.....maybe)

But yeah, my vote goes to @lan_fan

Thank you very much. I didn't even know you knew about this CaV.

@lan_fan:

I was only countering what he could offer. Those are just heat, which I already countered. It's okay if you think it's not enough though.

I honestly don't think those counters for heat were bulletproof, and thats the reason he convinced me that Thor wins. Because his main means of beating your team didn't convince me as fully countered by your arguments. Don't consider my vote for now. I will reread this debate and come up with a breakdown, so it could change I guess.

You should also note that, that is actually just my fail-safe plan. I'm gonna count your vote for now, but you're welcome to change it.

#352 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio
#354 Posted by ourmanuel (11409 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@lan_fan: I think ruby can prob make up his mind now, man. You’ve made your arguments clear

X

You really have a hard time figuring out people’s genders

X

#356 Posted by Bayman007 (1563 posts) - - Show Bio
#357 Edited by Nucleon (3257 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, it's getting real close - exactly as it should be.

Can CaVs end up on a tie? That would be the best thing IMO.

#358 Posted by Bayman007 (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@bayman007 said:

@xzone: Say again?

Cause you could have been taking about anything in your explanation, and I found it funny. Does that bother you?

X

Of course it doesn't bother me, I get it now, you wanted more a bit more detail. I didn't agree with your logic and how you were arguing, especially in your opener. I waited for your counter to pull me back into your corner, but all that did was push me further away, even after i kept an open mind. @lan_fan Did a much better job in there areas, better arguments that were believable and convincing. There are things i would have done differently, on both sides, but my end vote is all that matters.

If you want an even more detailed, and less sugar coated explanation, i will add it when i get some more time.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#359 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: @xzone: So I will start this out by saying how great of a job that both users did, I can appreciate how much time and effort something like this takes. Lan I thought did a great job making such well detailed debates. However I thought that lan could get a little carried away, in the sense that he/she took too much time taking about Thors lightning when I didn't end up seeing any true defense towards the lightning. I believe that lan missed a few opportunities as well. And trust me lan, this is hard to find stuff to critique because both of you have done such a good job.

As for X, well, great job as always. Tbh im a little embarrassed that I didn't know much about Thors cloak in the movies, even being a huge Thor fan, and I am impressed with the feats he has had with it. I think your lightning feats and arguments were great, and it helped that lan didn't have many energy based defenses for the kryptonians to counter with. This was especially hard to critique because of how detailed this is. And trust me I really tried. The main thing which really wasn't an issue, was that I believe you could've explained Stormbreaker in the opener as its own category. Especially for the fact that the kryptonians have no real defense against it.

In conclusion, this was a great debate. And neither of you should be upset or dissapointed as you both have great debating skills. I do have to give my vote to @xzone though. I thought his rebuttals and feats, were just so detailed and really did a great job countering lans arguments. Also because lan did sometimes get off topic, and sometimes talked to much about Thors lightning not being able to hurt them while not giving sufficient feats to back it.

Great job, and no hard feelings towards either debater, I really enjoyed going through this one.

#361 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deutschkurzhaar: That was a detailed response lol. Ty for the vote man, I really appreciate it

X

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#363 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Np, hey, I only thought it fair to go into detail since you guys had so much to go through lol

#364 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deutschkurzhaar: Yeah, this was a tough one, but it was a match I’ve wanted to do for a very, very long time because I’ve seen Thor downplayed against the weaker Kryptonians. I hope I did him justice here. Thanks again

X

#365 Posted by Bayman007 (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Clearly im talking about the characters. But it's your opponent who convinced me who would actually win out of them.

You, who happened to be representing Thor, didn't. Whether it was use of lightning, or countering speed, it didn't sway my vote one bit.

Is that less funny?

#366 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio
#368 Posted by Syntix (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: completely the opposite i think, according to most people here on vine Thor really has the ability to solo Doomsday which i think is delusional, if thats the case i think the kryptonians are the one that being downplayed.

#370 Posted by Syntix (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: i think thor can win this fight without a doubt if its a 1v1 not a 3v1.

#371 Edited by Bayman007 (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Okay, here is some more

You didn't do enough to convince me that Thor wouldn't just get overwhelmed from the get go. You added some wild claims about his lightning, and also have got it wrong about their striking and strength.

I was also waiting for a believable argument to counter their speed, but i didn't get one.

You would have gone a long way toward securing my vote if you had done a better job with the above.

Anymore comments needed? Sarcasm aside?

#372 Posted by FaradaySloth (9404 posts) - - Show Bio
#374 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: Definitely not too late. The vote is open for at least 5 more days.

#375 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio
#376 Posted by FaradaySloth (9404 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: @lan_fan: alright because I just read the opening poss and it’s already a great cav

#377 Posted by ourmanuel (11409 posts) - - Show Bio

⭐️✨💫🌟

X

#378 Posted by Slater8486 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Have you made an argument somewhere why lightning is hotter then HV in your statements?

#379 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio

@slater8486: Idk, I made an argument why it's not though, hehehe...

#380 Edited by Slater8486 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: what page?

I've been going through rebuttals none stop as this has been closer then I would of thought it to be. xZone made some real solid arguments here. both of your arguments are huge though and I must of missed it.

For me too it literally comes down to the fact does the lightning hurt them.

#381 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio

@slater8486: Depends on what lightning are you talking about. Lightning cloak or lightning strikes.

#382 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio

@slater8486: Anyway, I have "tanking lightning" section in my closing. It's my first argument on that post.

#383 Posted by Bayman007 (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

@bayman007: Bro, I was joking around, chill

X

In the future, if someone votes on a CAV that you are involved in (regardless of their decision) instead of laughing at them - try and thank them for their time anyway. That one is for free.

#384 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

@slater8486: Yes, I did. The lightning from the sky is the same as normal lightning, so 50 thousand degrees while the HV feat provided was 3 thousand degrees. I talked about this mostly in Point One of my closing. I also detailed how the lightning turned Asgardian armor to dust and shattered the bifrost, both of which>>steel

X

#386 Edited by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Pfftt, that's kinda a baseless assumption, tbh. The heat from Thor's lightning never shown that level of feat, but whatever, that's from your closing, so I can't do anything about it.

#387 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Again, it did when it shattered the bifrost and totally destroyed Asgardian armor. That’s besides the fact that by scientific standards the lightning is that hot, but let’s not debate this anymore lol

X

#388 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Those feats don't really imply 50.000 degree C, but okay.

#392 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio
#393 Posted by Bayman007 (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Rubbish, i took time to read the CAV, i voted. Simple

You took issue with that, which i addressed, and you still dont like it.

So who is the one with the problem?

#394 Posted by Slater8486 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: @xzone:

So, read through rebuttals, closing arguments a few times as I've struggled with how good xZone has made Thor be with the lightning and how it could possibly hurt the Kryptonians.

HV only hit Faora for a second or two and she pulled away willing to fight instantly still afterwards, Namek was hit in the chest and it didn't really do anything. Am not sure the Lightning will put down the trio and it has to hit them 1st. xZone made some cracking arguments as to why it hits them but most gifs where it seems to just auto target opponents is from very close range.

Now the starting distance is half a mile away which swings for me in the trios favor, once the bull rush starts I can't see Thor getting out of this. He may react to one which we've got evidence that he can but all 3 I don't think so.

We see him get out of bull-rush scenarios like the ground pound with hulk and Hela using big electrical strikes but those fights were one on one. The way Kryptonians fight they were constantly moving, I can't see Thor getting past this.

Been hard to call this one but my vote goes to @lan_fan:

#395 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio
#396 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like people are just voting for the characters they usually debate or vote for here...

#397 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

@slater8486: Thanks for the consideration. Point one explained the lightning hurting them pretty spot on, but I appreciate you participating nonetheless

X

#398 Posted by Lan_Fan (13426 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: Not Nucleon, and Ruby. Their votes are the opposite of what they usually debate. I've never seen Slater or CitizenSurfer in CBM threads. I don't think Syntix ever shows biased in these kind of match-up.

I get where you're coming from though. I'm just having fun regardless.

#399 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: lol yeah the nucleon one was an anomaly

#400 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio