#101 Edited by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

Post is almost done, get ready ;)

X

#102 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Odinson, god of Thunder

"You know I'm fifteen hundred years old. I've killed twice as many enemies as that, and every one of them would have rather killed me, but none succeeded. I'm only alive because fate wants me alive. Thanos is just the latest in a long line of bastards and he'll be the latest to feel my vengeance, fate wills it so"

Powers/Abilities/Gear

Yeah, there are a lot of these..

• Stormbreaker (Mjolnir's feats)
  • Asgardian Armor
  • Electrokinesis
  • godly Strength
  • godly Durability
  • godly Speed
  • godly Skill
  • Lightning Cloak
  • Armor Summoning
  • Teleportation via bifrost summoning
  • Bifrost summoning
  • Healing factor
  • Enhanced healing factor while in lightning cloak
  • Flight
  • Weather manipulation

Why Thor Wins:

Both teams here have advantages, but Thor's are the most daunting

• Flight: None of the combatants fighting Thor can actually fly, but he can
  • Strength: Thor is far stronger than anyone here, and I believe it's fair to say he's stronger than all of them combine
  • Durability: Thor is far more durable than anyone here, and that's going to cost the team, big time
  • Lightning Manipulation: Here's where things get Really ugly for the Kryptonians. Unfortunately for them, they have no energy durability feats to speak of, and also unfortunately for them, thats Thor's go to attack

Gameplan:

Thor's Normal attack strategy is to blast his enemies with lightning immediately, generally an AOE attack for multiple enemies, like this:

No Caption Provided
Although Thor also uses this form of lightning. Lightning drawn directly from the sky, hence 1/3 the speed of light, and too fast to dodge
Although Thor also uses this form of lightning. Lightning drawn directly from the sky, hence 1/3 the speed of light, and too fast to dodge

Keep in mind Thor's fast lightning blasts are now 5-10 times more powerful than Mjolnir swings

You can see here that Thor breaks the bifrost bridge easily with one casual lightning blast
You can see here that Thor breaks the bifrost bridge easily with one casual lightning blast
This previously required 5-10 swings from Mjolnir
This previously required 5-10 swings from Mjolnir

As soon as the initial blast is done both Nam-ek and Faora will essentially be one shot, unless you can show me energy durability feats on par with Thor's lightning of course. Once they are out of the way Thor can quite easily deal with Zod with Superior strength, durability, and speed to react

Damage Output/Lightning Cloak/Striking:

Let's Start off with the most important factor here: All three kryptonians lack energy durability feats capable of tanking even casual lightning blasts from Thor, or even his lightning cloak, and I'll prove that here

As I've already shown above, Thor's casual lightning blasts are 5-10x stronger than Thor's concentrated Mjolnir Strikes
As I've already shown above, Thor's casual lightning blasts are 5-10x stronger than Thor's concentrated Mjolnir Strikes

Here you see Thor can destroy an infinity Stone
Here you see Thor can destroy an infinity Stone
Here Thor nearly KO's the Hulk with one lightning amped Punch
Here Thor nearly KO's the Hulk with one lightning amped Punch
Here you can see Thor destroying a City block level of Jotunheim with ease
Here you can see Thor destroying a City block level of Jotunheim with ease

Here Thor destroys multiple massive leviathan with insanely massive lightning bolts
Here Thor destroys multiple massive leviathan with insanely massive lightning bolts

Here Thor Instantly creates a storm over Wakanda and destroys a massive portion of land
Here Thor Instantly creates a storm over Wakanda and destroys a massive portion of land

Lightning Cloak:

Here you can see Thor can easily send lightning in to his enemies, tearing them apart, and eventually making them explode
Here you can see Thor can easily send lightning in to his enemies, tearing them apart, and eventually making them explode
No Caption Provided
Here you can see Thor's lightning latches off his weapons and himself to attack his opponents
Here you can see Thor's lightning latches off his weapons and himself to attack his opponents
Like here where the lightning latches on to Hela from Thor's sword and his body
Like here where the lightning latches on to Hela from Thor's sword and his body
And here where lightning latches off Thor's back to hit the opponents trying to back stab him
And here where lightning latches off Thor's back to hit the opponents trying to back stab him
Here it is in slow-mo so you can clearly see the lightning latching off Thor to defend him
Here it is in slow-mo so you can clearly see the lightning latching off Thor to defend him
You can see here that Thor can easily latch on to his opponents with a lightning whip
You can see here that Thor can easily latch on to his opponents with a lightning whip
Like I showed you above, Thor can strike enemies with lightning instantaneously, and NO Khryptonians can react to this
Like I showed you above, Thor can strike enemies with lightning instantaneously, and NO Khryptonians can react to this

Here's why that matters:

Faora, Nam-ek, and Zod have no real energy durability feats, but anything they do have can't come close to topping the power output of Thor's cloak as seen here:

Here Thor effortlessly destroys ships that tanked re entry and hitting the ground at insane speeds
Here Thor effortlessly destroys ships that tanked re entry and hitting the ground at insane speeds
Here it is in slow-mo so you can clearly see the cloak destroying the ship
Here it is in slow-mo so you can clearly see the cloak destroying the ship
These ships are insanely durable
These ships are insanely durable

Healing Factor:

One of the benefits of Thor's Cloak is the HF it provides. Thor was stabbed many, many times by Hela, but we was able to get back up. This can't be fully attributed only to damage soak because Thor down from these same stabs pre-cloak, so we know he was healing

The take away from this:

Any low end energy attacks should be able to put Faora & Nam-ek down, but Thor's potent Cloak and AOE attacks are far above any average energy attacks, and they can easily put these Kryptonians to bed

Striking/Damage Output:

Thor is able to destroy a large portion of Sokovia
Thor is able to destroy a large portion of Sokovia
No Caption Provided
Here Thor sends Malekith in to the ground, through a large column, through the building, then in to a car which skids multiple feat. And this was from a casual hit from Thor, AND Malekith was blocking this attack at the time with the reality stone
Here Thor sends Malekith in to the ground, through a large column, through the building, then in to a car which skids multiple feat. And this was from a casual hit from Thor, AND Malekith was blocking this attack at the time with the reality stone
Here Thor with a casual swing of an average War Hammer is able to hit the Hulk through hundreds of feat of alien reinforced walls
Here Thor with a casual swing of an average War Hammer is able to hit the Hulk through hundreds of feat of alien reinforced walls
Here Thor is physically phasing the Hulk with just quick punches
Here Thor is physically phasing the Hulk with just quick punches
Here Thor hurts the Hulk with casual punches and hits
Here Thor hurts the Hulk with casual punches and hits
Here Thor creates massive shockwaves hitting Malekith
Here Thor creates massive shockwaves hitting Malekith

The take away from this:

Thor is more than capable of One-Shotting any of the Kryptonians here

Durability:

We can all agree that the greatest attacking force my opponents have is blunt durability punches, unfortunately for them, Thor excels in this area

Here Thor survives a twenty-five to thirty thousand foot drop with no issue at all
Here Thor survives a twenty-five to thirty thousand foot drop with no issue at all
Here Hulk lands on Thor's chest
Here Hulk lands on Thor's chest
We see here that Thor can tank seemingly endless hits from the Hulk, but just get annoyed
We see here that Thor can tank seemingly endless hits from the Hulk, but just get annoyed

Why that matters:

Here Hulk with a casual punch stops a multi thousand ton leviathan. Hulk was hitting Thor even harder than he was hitting here.
Here Hulk with a casual punch stops a multi thousand ton leviathan. Hulk was hitting Thor even harder than he was hitting here.

The take away from this:

The Kryptonians Simply do not have the striking feats to put Thor down, or at minimum not before Thor brings a lightning bolt down on their heads like this:

Which might I remind you that they have NO feats to survive
Which might I remind you that they have NO feats to survive

Speed:

This will probably be one of the most discussed part of this debate, even though the lightning Is indeed more important, but Thor's no slow poke, he can compete here with ease

Reactions:

Here you can see Thor can adequately and easily track and aim at a much faster opponent:QS. It's also worth noting, if this same scene were to be replicated lightning would be emitting from Stormbreaker and hitting QS or whoever he was throwing Stormbreaker at.
Here you can see Thor can adequately and easily track and aim at a much faster opponent:QS. It's also worth noting, if this same scene were to be replicated lightning would be emitting from Stormbreaker and hitting QS or whoever he was throwing Stormbreaker at.

Here Thor easily reacts to and dodges Malekith's attacks that were breaking the sound barrier
Here Thor easily reacts to and dodges Malekith's attacks that were breaking the sound barrier
Here Thor easily reacts to and blocks projectiles breaking the sound barrier
Here Thor easily reacts to and blocks projectiles breaking the sound barrier
Here Thor easily reacts to and blocks Chitari Blasts
Here Thor easily reacts to and blocks Chitari Blasts
Here Thor clearly reacts to chitari blasts again
Here Thor clearly reacts to chitari blasts again

Here's why that matters:

Here you can the these chitari blasts keeping up with Machine Gun fire
Here you can the these chitari blasts keeping up with Machine Gun fire

The take away from this:

Thor can easily react to, track, block, and dodge mach speed projectiles and persons, and this includes the Kryptonians

Combat Speed:

Here Thor is shown as the only one moving while both Iron-Man and Captain America were totally frozen
Here Thor is shown as the only one moving while both Iron-Man and Captain America were totally frozen
Keep in mind Stark has been reacting to mach 4.5 since his first movie, and even though that doesn't translate to Starks combat speed, per se, I believe it is worth mentioning
Keep in mind Stark has been reacting to mach 4.5 since his first movie, and even though that doesn't translate to Starks combat speed, per se, I believe it is worth mentioning
Here Thor blitzes Hela with ease
Here Thor blitzes Hela with ease
Here Hela reacts to machine gun fire, and this is while she is fighting an entire army of asgardians, so Thor blitzing her is very impressive
Here Hela reacts to machine gun fire, and this is while she is fighting an entire army of asgardians, so Thor blitzing her is very impressive
Here Thor blitzes the Hulk
Here Thor blitzes the Hulk
Here again he shows his ability to Blitz the Hulk easily
Here again he shows his ability to Blitz the Hulk easily
Here again he Blitzes the Hulk
Here again he Blitzes the Hulk
Here You can see Hulk can easily react to mach speed Projectiles
Here You can see Hulk can easily react to mach speed Projectiles
Here Thor blitzes Malekith so fast it creates a vacuum strong enough to pull these cars in to this portal
Here Thor blitzes Malekith so fast it creates a vacuum strong enough to pull these cars in to this portal
Here you can see when Thor is pushing Mjolnir to the limit (like he will be in this fight) Mjolnir Is capable of pushing mach 200
Here you can see when Thor is pushing Mjolnir to the limit (like he will be in this fight) Mjolnir Is capable of pushing mach 200

The take away from this:

Thor can at least compete with the Kryptonians in a small way

Skill:

Here you see Thor easily out-skilling Asgardians without killing them
Here you see Thor easily out-skilling Asgardians without killing them
Here Thor shows more Skill against Asgardian Soliders
Here Thor shows more Skill against Asgardian Soliders
Here you can see how skilled these Asgardians are, and Thor out-skilled them with ease
Here you can see how skilled these Asgardians are, and Thor out-skilled them with ease
Thor is able to out-skill shield agents easily
Thor is able to out-skill shield agents easily
Here Thor Shows more skill feats against Shield agents while depowered completely
Here Thor Shows more skill feats against Shield agents while depowered completely
I think it's best to let agent Coulson's words speak for themselves:
I think it's best to let agent Coulson's words speak for themselves: "You made my men, some of the highest trained in the world, look like minimum wage mall cops. That's hurtful". Coulson then goes on to ask Thor where he acquired this incredible training/skill
Here Thor shows his skill with gungnir against a vastly superior opponent, Hela
Here Thor shows his skill with gungnir against a vastly superior opponent, Hela

Conclusion:

As you look through my and my Opponent's arguments, I ask that you remember the facts here

• My opponent has offered no energy durability feats substantial enough to survive Thor's lightning attacks
  • Due to that fact Thor's cloak acts as a shield to him, not to mention Stormbreaker and the added Healing Factor from his Cloak
  • Thor has the flight advantage which he can use to spam lightning on his opponents
  • Thor has the striking and damage output advantage by far
  • Thor has Blunt durability so far about what my opponent can produce it's laughable
  • Thor can easily answer any ground pound with a lightning blast

With all that said, here are the counters:

Counters:

She has a sword made from kryptonian metal, strong enough to survive re-entry. Even if its sharpness is average, any sharp/durable weapon will be deadly if swung at hypersonic speed. Especially considering kryptonian armors are durable enough to take hit from Superman.

We don't know the metal is the same metal that survived re-entry. That's the same as saying because a rocket made from metal on earth can survive re-entry, your every day military knife is gonna be made of the same stuff. Simply untrue. Now, if you have some kind of proof for that being the exact same metal, I'd love to see it

Survived the impact and explosion of a huge war jet crashing to his way.

No Caption Provided

This is no where near the energy durability feat required to survive Thor's casual lightning strikes, let alone his serious ones

Prove it was only due to the radiation? He also wasn't just "harmed" he was nearly dead

You can see how small this portion of the oil rig is, yet at maximum effort he can barely hold it up
You can see how small this portion of the oil rig is, yet at maximum effort he can barely hold it up

Superman never really showed anything near that level in MOS, and he had a hard time stopping much less (this oil rig), so to act like these feats apply for scaling is off. I don't say this to lowball Clark, because besides being one of my favorite superheroes he is also far more powerful than this scene gives him credit for. However, if we are scaling to Superman for Zod, Faora, and Nam, I think we should be fair about it

Did you actually just bring the tectonic plate feat in to a CAV? I'll explain why this isn't valid, but I shouldn't have to. We never saw this feat on screen, It is a massive outlier if it's true, and if it is true we have no idea at all how it was accomplished. This feat has less standing than Thor taking the full force of a star for crying out loud

Actually, Flash was reacting to Superman. Superman was the one attacking the flash, not the other way around. Flash was clearly far, far faster than Clark, AND this was in JL where the feats are far different. Superman never did anything near this level in MOS, but now we want to scale old villains to this? I don't think that's fair especially when most believe the mother box amped Clark immensely. Also, this scaling is getting a little dumb. So Clark can react to flash, and Zod can react/punch superman, and flash can run as fast as superman can fly, hence Zod is how fast exactly? Flawed all around here

• His punches consistently creates shockwaves. This means it also created an insane amount of force, especially combined with his strength.

IIRC, those were special effects meant to show them fighting at mach speeds, not every hit was creating a shockwave due to their strength

Strategy:

My team has immense speed and number advantage. At the beginning of the fight, since they're bloodlusted, they would start blitzing Thor before he could react and continuously ragdoll him with punches until he got killed eventually. My team members evidently could knock out Superman who's as durable than Thor or probably more. Even Superman got overwhelmed by their speed in 2 vs 1 match, not only Thor is way slower than any of these people, he'll be facing 3 of them at once.

Unfortunately for your team, Superman didn't have a few things that make beating this team far easier:

• A lightning cloak that both heals and defends him
  • A weapon of the gods that can one shot them
  • Massive AOE attacks that can KO them
  • Better Damage Soak
  • Better Blunt Durability

#104 Posted by geeman2 (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Great opener and counter, there were a lot of flaws that could easily be countered in Lan's first post and I see Xzone spotted and has done so. Good job. Both two solid openers, this CAV is already very enjoyable.

#105 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

@geeman2 said:

Great opener and counter, there were a lot of flaws that could easily be countered in Lan's first post and I see Xzone spotted and has done so. Good job. Both two solid openers, this CAV is already very enjoyable.

Happy you are enjoying the CaV, but please keep your opinions to yourself until voting, thanks

X

#106 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio
#107 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: My 2nd post will be up at end of the week (worst case scenario), or sooner.

#109 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Posted by phillip33 (3476 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooooh dis is gud

#111 Posted by biswaboxz (3497 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks Good :) . Those lightning cloaks were so much awesome and Thor smashing the city with a single blow was awesome too .

#113 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by mrmonster (13605 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

Avatar image for supermanforever
#116 Posted by Supermanforever (7518 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for supermanforever
#117 Posted by Supermanforever (7518 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@supermanforever: Wrong CaV lmao

X

yeah i removed the post hehe.

Also tag after every post on this one.

#118 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: Your forgiven, bro lmao. Add the vote to the other CAV if u don’t mind

X

#119 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3221 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Posted by Subline (5118 posts) - - Show Bio

Will read up on this some time.

#121 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio
#122 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Thanks! Though I only thought about the opening when I accepted this CaV offer, lol.

#123 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3221 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: damn lol. Well, you mess with the bull, you get the horns.

#124 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (7556 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag for the end of the CAV

#125 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@mr_shazam0920: Thanks! Though I only thought about the opening when I accepted this CaV offer, lol.

Did my opener make you regret taking it? You are welcome to concede anytime ;)

X

#127 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Lol, nope. I'm just confused as to where to start. I'm talking about the formatting and orders.

#128 Posted by Rajjar (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#129 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@xzone: Lol, nope. I'm just confused as to where to start. I'm talking about the formatting and orders.

Lol I’m just messing, im pretty happy to be having this matchup mainly because your saying Zod>Thor has always annoyed me, and I wanted to change your mind haha. Im very, very interested as to see how you counter my energy durability arguments, so gl man

X

#130 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#131 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1070 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice first openers from both.

#132 Posted by CyberpunkCop (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Noice

#133 Posted by Bayman007 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

That second post made my eyes hurt. I laughed alot so that's something

Looking forward to the next one.

Good luck to you both.

#134 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: Please do keep your opinions to yourself till the CAV is over, thanks for reading

X

#135 Posted by Bayman007 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@bayman007: Please do keep your opinions to yourself till the CAV is over, thanks for reading

X

I didn't give my opinion on the battle itself thank you. Nor have i commented on any arguments made.

As you see i'm perfectly aware of the CAV rules.

And you're welcome. I can't wait to see how this pans out

#137 Posted by Amcu (15428 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice opener for both.

#138 Posted by Amcu (15428 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at Thor being stronger than anyone here

This is a CAV. You should keep your opinions to yourself here. You can go to a battle thread to discuss your thoughts on the matter but leave them out of this thread.

#140 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
#141 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (961 posts) - - Show Bio
#142 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio
#143 Posted by ourmanuel (8275 posts) - - Show Bio

I might have to stay away from this one

#144 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio
#145 Posted by Mutant1230 (6163 posts) - - Show Bio

t4v

#146 Posted by DrPepperMan (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a CaV I can get behind. T4V.

And sorry X, I was going to vote on the DS vs Thor CaV but I had a dentist appointment and I can't bring myself to read it again. Sokovia tier Strange my butt.

#147 Edited by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

@drpepperman: You can still vote as of now lol

Also, to let you in on some news, we planning a pretty insane CAV coming up so be on the lookout!

X

#148 Posted by DrPepperMan (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: yeah, but I don't want cancer, which that lowballing almost did. I thought we were past the boulder.

I'ma guess it's either MCU Thor vs Thanos or DCEU Superman.

#149 Posted by xZone (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

@drpepperman: Please still vote. And No, much bigger than that

X

#150 Posted by Aristeaus (660 posts) - - Show Bio

This Thor wank makes me want to curl up into a ball for the next 2 years.