#601 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#603 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#604 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Fine I’ll stop, it was fun while it lasted

#605 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Wasn’t really talking to you... I shouldn’t have said “guys” I mean more or less the obvious troll here who I used to at least have semi-respect for and it is now gone

X

#606 Posted by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with xzone here. In my opinion, lan never adequately countered the lightning problem and didn’t convince me that they could time the lightning consistently. Xzone continues to impress, but lan fan made this really close. I came into this thinking thor had an uphill battle to fight, now I think the opposite.

#607 Edited by ourmanuel (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

Guys, can we please stop derailing the thread :/

X

This CaV is already over.

This is just the afterparty

”We’re in the Endgame now”

X

#608 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with xzone here. In my opinion, lan never adequately countered the lightning problem and didn’t convince me that they could time the lightning consistently. Xzone continues to impress, but lan fan made this really close. I came into this thinking thor had an uphill battle to fight, now I think the opposite.

Really appreciate it

X

#609 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#610 Posted by buildhare (8715 posts) - - Show Bio

Not going to vote for obvious reasons but I really think Khael would have been a lot closer votes wise if they'd be willing to give even a little ground or address things seriously. Dismissing stuff out of hand (this is most egregious, if it's a dumb argument, debunk it and move on) and lowballing your opponent doesn't strengthen your argument it's a trap to fall into or avoid.

Here’s to another CaV i entered that turned to shit

This one finished though.

#611 Posted by Renchamp (7837 posts) - - Show Bio
#612 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#613 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#614 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

Lan's losing, so imma vote for the guy.

#615 Posted by ourmanuel (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

^a true patriot

#616 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#617 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#618 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: I'm such a nice guy. What's the matter Z. You're hungry for votes? xd

#619 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: I just have a thing about doing things out of sympathy lol, I feel it leads people to make bad decisions (like sitting through a nieces play for example)

X

#620 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: It's.... a CAV.... not a life-ruining decision.. /:

#621 Posted by Lan_Fan (14970 posts) - - Show Bio
#622 Posted by Lan_Fan (14970 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp said:

@outside_85: Alright, man. Time to go.

Oh no... Did you ban him? What happened? I really like that dude.

#623 Posted by ourmanuel (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: outside85 came in, fanboyed your team a little, derailed the CaV and then renchamp banned him post #611.

X

#624 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:
@renchamp said:

@outside_85: Alright, man. Time to go.

Oh no... Did you ban him? What happened? I really like that dude.

@lan_fan: outside85 came in, fanboyed your team a little, derailed the CaV and then renchamp banned him post #611.

X

Did he perm ban him or something? I never liked the guy, but he was going off the rails lol

X

#625 Posted by Lan_Fan (14970 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: Is it really that bad? What did he even say?

#626 Posted by Lan_Fan (14970 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: I can't seem to post on his wall, but I can send him PM. That's usually the signs of banned users.

#627 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@xzone: I can't seem to post on his wall, but I can send him PM. That's usually the signs of banned users.

daaang. He was being pretty obnoxious tho, tbh..

X

#628 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP outside_85

2010-2018

Gone, but never forgotten.

No Caption Provided

#629 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP outside_85

2010-2018

No Caption Provided

Who were we talking about again?

X

#630 Posted by ourmanuel (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP outside_85

2010-2018

No Caption Provided

Lol

@lan_fan said:

i don’t think he’s permabanned, he didn’t really do anything to deserve that.

#631 Posted by dcuwins (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Lan fan takes it handidly. though he should have used the canon mos novel, , the directors statements jor el himself and the special effects director as back up.

the canon tie in comic states any normal krytpnian has the speed to catch missiles.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

canon mos novel states krypt weapons are plasma based. a newbie superman took a gut shot just fine. that same blast on krytpon blew up a ship. we know krytp ships are built to last and no sell crashing and rentry.

we also know sup can easily bust through ships that no sell rentry and crash landings.

dd aoe is much more powerful than thors lightening and sup no selled it. dd first aoe vaporized 4 hip ache helicopters and the top of 3 metal buildings. thor doesnt have a feat even remotely like that

zack synder has stated the nuke only hurt superman because it drove out the solar radiation in his cells. sup no selled the heat and clearly resisted atomization.

No Caption Provided

thors lightening will do nothing at all . thor has lost to everyone he has faced, but we are to believe he can win over 3 combatants who are faster, stronger and have much better stamina?

lan fan has my vote

#632 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#633 Posted by Lan_Fan (14970 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins: Can you tell me where did Zack Snyder say that?

#634 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins:

zack synder has stated the nuke only hurt superman because it drove out the solar radiation in his cells. sup no selled the heat and clearly resisted atomization.

Link?

#635 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#636 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: The claims he's making, are bold claims.

#637 Posted by ourmanuel (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: can thor survive a nuke tho?🤔

#638 Posted by Lan_Fan (14970 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: That would be true if bank vault could survive nuclear explosion at point blank range. Those things have survived nuclear explosions, but NOT at point black range. He probably was just misinformed, no big deal.

#639 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Do I need to bring in all of his troll posts? Just trust me... He's pretty bad

X

#640 Edited by Rajjar (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that he consistently gave his external opinion in Z's CAVs is enough to destroy his ethos altogether.

@xzone What did outside95 say? Did he do the same thing as dcuwins?

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#641 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7702 posts) - - Show Bio

I never said I wanted to vote, I just said I wanted to be tagged after every post, please, kindly stop tagging me to vote from now on. Thanks.

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#642 Edited by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan@xzone

Lol, @dcuwins once claimed that since Faora dented a vault door that could withstand a nuke that Faora is stronger than a nuke. I proved him wrong in eviscerating fashion so he is clearly informed, just spouting off his regular BS to wank DCEU characters. I made this post in response a little while back.

Via Wikipedia, "Modern bank vaults are now typically made of modular concrete panels using a special proprietary blend of concrete and additives for extreme strength. The concrete has been engineered for maximum crush resistance. A panel of this material, though only 3 in (7.62 cm) thick, may be up to 10 times as strong as an 18 in-thick (45.72-cm) panel of regular formula concrete."

No Caption Provided

The crush resistance, or compressive strength, of typical concrete is 20-40 megapascals, or MPa.

No Caption Provided

Since vault doors typically have a compressive strength up to 10 times greater than regular concrete, they have a compressive strength of up to 400 MPa, or 58,015.1 pounds per square inch, or psi.

No Caption Provided

When detonated on earth, roughly 50% percent of the nuke's energy is released as a blast wave, 15% from radiation, and 35% as heat.

No Caption Provided

The blast wave is the physical destructive component of a nuke. Without it, the area would become much hotter and irradiated, but the surrounding area would not be flattened.

Specifically, the cause of a nuke's physical destruction is called overpressure, the difference in air pressure before and after the shockwave hits.

Little Boy was detonated at a height of 1,968 feet, and Teikoku Bank, the bank with the Mosler vaults that survived the nuke, was 360 meters away from the blast.

I plugged these values into Nukemap, a site that simulates nuclear explosions anywhere around the world. I put in Little Boy's explosive yield, it's height when it exploded, and I even put the city it exploded in as Hiroshima.

No Caption Provided

These are the results I got.

No Caption Provided

If you look on the right, you see an explanation for the different color circles on the map. The red circle shows the area effected by an overpressure of 20psi. The grey circle shows an area of effect for 5 psi, and the large, almost transparent circle shows an area of effect for 1 psi.

Looking at the description on the right, the maximum distance for an overpressure of 20 psi is 340 meters. So beyond that, the overpressure would be below 20 psi.

Teikoku Bank was 360 meters away from the blast, so it was experiencing an overpressure below 20 psi, but let's say it was experiencing 20 psi. The pressure of Earth's atmosphere at sea level is 14.7 psi, meaning the vault door can withstand at least 34.7 psi.

So, the pressures the Little Boy nuke exerted on the Mosler vaults were NO MORE than 34.7 psi. I've already shown that vault doors can withstand up to 58,015.1 psi. Withstanding a 15 kt nuke at 360 meters is at least 1,671.9 times less pressure than it's designed to withstand.

Basically, @dcuwins is incredibly wanking a nuke's physical destructive power at that distance. "FAORA IS MORE POWERFUL THAN A NUKE" yeah right.

#643 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11934 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Well, damn.

Edit: this is 'bout to turn into a shit show.

#644 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#645 Posted by dcuwins (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist:

patently false and you are obtuse. clearly you lack critical reaDING SKILLS.

i never said fiora or any other kryptonian is more powerful than a nuke. you are a liar and so biased for mcu its palpable.

its canon fact a newbie fiora ( who is only more super without the mask and armor) threw superman with enough force to go through 2 street blocks of buildings before busting up a bank vaults. bank vaults in the forties have remained intact after a atomic blast.

No Caption Provided

In fact, it was two Mosler bank vaults at the Teikoku Bank — and only those two bank vaults — that were left standing after Hiroshimawas hit by an atomic bomb in 1945. In 1957, the U.S. also blasted a bank vault during nuclear testing in Nevada. The 37-kiloton nuke merely loosened the vault's trim.

she has the strength and a newbie superman no selled it. that does not mean fiora is more powerful than a nuke. i never said that .

its weird, when we compare the hulk or thanos throwing something, they both pale in comparison to fioras throw. just another example proving krytponians are stronger than mcu period.

since you like calculations so much. go cry on this . this is canon. why dont you calculate what 500,00 hz does?. let the fanboy rage come up with all manner of bs excuses. lol

Loading Video...

#646 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins: This is a CAV, high means it isn’t the place for you to debate. Please delete you long comments as they can derail voting. Thanks

X

#647 Posted by ourmanuel (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we stop bumping this and let X take the W and go. This thread gives me PTSD.

X

#648 Posted by dcuwins (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

that is canon and factual. that does not mean fiora is more powerful than a nuke . weird, thanos throws and hulks throw pale in comparison. lmao

In fact, it was two Mosler bank vaults at the Teikoku Bank — and only those two bank vaults — that were left standing after Hiroshimawas hit by an atomic bomb in 1945. In 1957, the U.S. also blasted a bank vault during nuclear testing in Nevada. The 37-kiloton nuke merely loosened the vault's trim.

#649 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins: It doesn't matter what is cannon, you're debating In a CAV, wrong forum. Delete those comments

X

#650 Posted by dcuwins (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/zack-snyder-tries-to-explain-some-of-his-dangling-dceu-plot-threads