CaV: MCU Thor (xZone) Vs DCEU Zod, Faora, and Nam-Ek (Lan_fan/Khael) Voting Over xZone Wins

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kevd4wg: Sure, I just wanted to make sure you knew that was more of a technical glitch. Thanks for the pointers, I definitely have a ton to work on (formatting mainly, I cringe at my second post, tbh) and thanks for the vote

X

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#552  Edited By Kevd4wg

@xzone: Well I'm looking forward to what you do in the future and np

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: I’m thinking of starting a tag list for my CAVs, if you’d be interested in being tagged for my CAVs, just pm me

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geeman2: Thanks for reading the CAV and voting And for the vote

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#557  Edited By Shinne

@kevd4wg:

Lan's just saying energy durability wasn't a thing and not elaborating on it, something that needed elaboration and was extremely important to the debate.

I didn't elaborate? Seriously?

He didn't elaborate why it's different at ALL, at least not in his opening nor rebuttals. I did that... And I gave reasoning why they specifically could take it on the other hand.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@aka_aka_aka_ak: The problem here is that debate skill is more or less measured by your ability to convince random people. Yes, comicvine does have it's biases and a lot of thought trends that are rather absurd (split durability, cough... cough..) but that doesn't mean the concept of a CaV is worthless. If nothing else, it's a hell of a lot more organized and productive than debating in random threads will ever be.

You can't convince people that don't even fully listen to what you're saying. The debate itself is cool, but I gotta agree that the voting system is not, not when they vote against me, but when people roll their eyes over my arguments.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

I didn't elaborate? Seriously?

Not to the extent that I think you should've. You basically just said that energy durability isn't a thing and it's just split into heat, blunt-force, and piercing without really providing a reason for it. You said energy was a combination of blunt-force and heat, but unless I missed something, never backed that up. Just a link to an article or something would've been really helpful.

He didn't elaborate why it's different at ALL, at least not in his opening nor rebuttals. I did that... And I gave reasoning why they specifically could take it on the other hand.

And that reasoning almost entirely hinged on heat being a separate durability, rather then energy, which could've used more elaboration(especially since you're arguing against traditionally accepted CV standards, not that that makes you wrong, just that it means you need to show strong evidence). While you gave reasoning for why they could tank it, Xzone also gave reasons for why they couldn't. Like I said, I think this was a really good debate and both of you did a good job, it was close, but Xzone just edged it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote goes to xZone.

I admit, with three Kryptonians, dog-piling could be a likely scenario. And Lan's arguments on energy durability were sufficient to persuade me that Thor couldn't easily defeat them with casual bolts or a cloak. However, as xZone mentioned, Thor has much more powerful venues of damage output that the Kryptonians just don't have the feats to withstand. For me, there comes to a point where what you assume of a character via cross-applying durabilities requires an NLF to tank Thor's strongest attacks.

Honestly, I think the durability framework here is dodgy at best - I don't see enough justification to ignore energy durability, and even IF we go by heat - xZone proved that Thor's lightning > the HV because of its ability to disintegrate much stronger objects than steel. That striking to lightning comparison didn't help, lightning can strike, yes, but it isn't a physical attack, nor at any part in the debate there is enough depth to convince me of such a comparison. As I said before, applying feats of one type of durability onto another type of durability goes into the borderline NLF if it isn't based on warrants that justify the comparison.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: Thanks for the vote and for reading the CAV

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ....

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone@lan_fan

Alright, it seems that xzone might be winning this whole thing, but I'll vote for @lan_fan however both of you did really good. xZone, I honestly think you're getting better in each CaV you're getting in, making me interested in trying to CaV you but my manga/anime verses might be too much for these live-action verses.

Now I'll try to keep this short, since I seen like 10 people already giving out essays on who won, and I feel bored to basically just repeat the things you already heard multiple times, so I'll keep it short you guys:

• I thought Lan_Fan did really well on the speed arguments, while xZone did really well on the energy durability arguments.
  • However, I believed Lan_Fan's fail-safe plan, in particular, was well done and her scaling seemed valid enough for me at the least.
  • I just can't get behind the lightning arguments for Thor, they just don't seem that amazing as everyone really says. However, you did get her with energy durability which got me thinking for at least five minutes.
  • Overall, this was a great debate, but Lan gets my vote on the speed and scaling arguments, she did her best tries against arguments like the lightning. Overall a great debate!
xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for @ready_4_madness because it's either him or a stalemate. Y'all were too good. And I think you both need three days of sleep.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drpepperman: What? I don’t think we are the ones in need of sleep here.....

X

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: I'm just joking. Seriously though, I have the same opinion as Amcu. It's a stalemate.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drpepperman: Obviously, I disagree, but thanks for the input.. I guess

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao that salt

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here’s to another CaV i entered that turned to shit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voting for x-zone. Brilliantly articulated points and some good rebuttals. Both were fantastic though.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers