CAV: MCU Captain America (Subline) vs DCEU Aquaman (TonyMartial)

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Worthy Cap, represented by @subline

No Caption Provided

Aquaman, once again represented by @tonymartial

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Steve gets Mjolnir / Shield, Arthur gets his Trident and Current Suit.
  • In Character
  • No Prep, both get Basic Knowledge
  • Standard Win Conditions

AVENGERS HQ RUINS
AVENGERS HQ RUINS

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

T4V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

b

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 death4bunnies  Moderator

t4v

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator

I would normally say T4V, but this won't even happen.

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would normally say T4V, but this won't even happen.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-608557dfde16e
deactivated-608557dfde16e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP, T4V

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

No Caption Provided

Arthur Curry was born between 1985-1986, though ARGUS lists his birthdate as January 29, 1979,[2] to Thomas Curry, a lighthouse keeper in Amnesty Bay, and Atlanna, the queen of Atlantis. When Arthur was still a child, their home was attacked by royal guards sent to bring Atlanna back so that she could marry King Orvax. While Atlanna managed to fight them off she realized she had to return to her home and leave him and his father in order to keep them both safe. Before she left, she imparted Arthur her quindent as her legacy, believing him to be the key to uniting the Atlanteans and humans one day.[1]

Powers

Due to his half-Atlantean high-born heritage, Aquaman has incredible superhuman abilities, that surpass most other Atlanteans, deemed as the most developed traits of all Atlanteans, with only other high-born Atlanteans equaling his genetic attributes.

Here are the powers/abilities which will be most effective in this battle.

• Superhuman strength
  • Superhuman durability
  • Superhuman speed
  • Hydrokinesis (with trident)
  • Master combatant/highly skilled

Gear

Just his new pitchfork and armor

Strength

Arthur has lifted a submarine (which weigh in tens of thousands of tons) with no issue at all as hes pictured with a smug smile on his face when he gets on the ship. More in the lifting/brute department he clowns 5 Royal Atlantean Guards and shoves a large piece of rock off him with one arm casually. Striking wise hes no slouch either, here he rocks Steppenwolf with a punch and a trident smack and knocks away a giant bell with an elbow slam.

The takeaway from this - From these feats I believe that Arthur is indeed stronger lifting wise as Steve does not have anything on the level as the submarine feat and can one shot him with his punches.

Durability

Most of Arthurs most impressive durability feats are blunt force. Hes tanked multiple hits from Karathen with no armor, an absolutely humongous seamonster. Not only did Karathen crush through the deep seabed with ease but she also was one shotting large Atlantean warships. Hes also been bullrushed by Steppenwolf and smashed into a giant pillar, which shattered and tanked a hit from his electro Axe. He appeared to be fine after an enraged Superman punched him moments later. His pain tolerance was also impressive as he was stabbed twice by Manta with Atlantean blades and still was able to fight through until the very end and defeat him. Energy wise I will admit is not really that impressive but he has taken Mantas blast which destroyed a large part of a cliff.

The takeaway from this - Arthur is more than capable of tanking some hits from Mjolnir and lightning.

Speed

I will admit Arthur is very limited in this section but he still has some very interesting showings. Here hes able to react to a plasma blast after its fired. With his trident he deflects some more in the final battle. Hes also reacted to a grenade launcher round after its fired. In the JL final battle in Russia he was fighting perfectly fine with Steppenwolf (who has more impressive reaction feats than Steve and fought Diana just fine).

The takeaway from this - With some basic scaling, Arthur is faster in combat and is well capable of dodging some Mjolnir tosses.

Trident

With his trident Arthur can set up a water shield which Orm couldnt do anything about. Orm also broke Atlannas trident and hers couldnt get past Vulkos WS. Atlannas trident was able to pierce Steppenwolfs armors (which was no selling WWs sword). His new Tridents best feat is chopping up Orms trident

The takeaway from this - Arthur can set up a protective shield which can send Steve flying back and leave Steve in a vulnerable position. We also can takeaway that Arthurs trident has the feats to suggest that it will clean through Steves skin with no issue and gut him.

Skill

Being trained by Vulko his whole life, Arthur is a very skilled Atlantean. Here he, surrounded, stomps 3 Red Suite Atlanteans all armed with swords at the same time and was unarmed when the other two arrive. On land he beats Orm in the final fight and with some basic scaling, fights Steppewolf well (who overwhelmed WW).

The takeaway from this - Arthur has comparable skill to Steve.

How the battle will go

Loading Video...

Heres a battle Steve has been in very recently which I really want to pay attention to. Cap vs Thanos. The problem which I want to nail down on is how Steve constantly engages Thanos in cqc and doesn't use lightning until the very end. This is a huge problem for Steve as hes going into cqc with someone not only faster than him but with the longer and one shot weapon. I know you're going to argue Steves skill will not allow him to get tagged but firstly, the gap is not that big with the red suite atlantean feat (when has Steve, on screen, ever been in a surrounded like scenario or something just very challenging? Plenty of unimpressive characters like Rumlow, Batroc etc have put him under pressure and even get a few licks on him) and of course the speed/physical difference.

In another scenario, with the water nearby Arthur can put up his water shield if things get a bit too hectic which will leave Steve in a vulnerable state when he tries to attack.

Conclusion

• Arthur is stronger
  • Arthur is faster in combat
  • Arthur is comparably skilled
  • His trident or a punch will one shot
  • Can take some hits/lightning
No Caption Provided

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well damn, I didn't expect it to go this far. T4V please

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthp2000  Moderator

Plenty of unimpressive characters like Rumlow, Batroc etc have put him under pressure and even get a few licks on him)

No Caption Provided
Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

RealityMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, T4V though.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jesus Christ, I thought this was Base Captain America...

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hilarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America

No Caption Provided

Abilities

• Superhuman Physiology
  • Well Trained / Skilled
  • Weather Manipulation

Captain America vs Thanos

Loading Video...

In this battle, what we see is Thanos engage Thor, and make quick work of him. Then right after, Cap lifts Mjolnir, and lays a beatdown on Thanos for a good half a minute. This is how I see the battle against Arthur going, only difference, is that he won't get back up.

I know you argued that Cap can't afford to engage Arthur in CQC the way he did Thanos, so that's something I'll go over, as I'm certain that Thanos is considerably more skilled and at least on Arthur's level of speed.

Thanos vs Aquaman

Skill:

Being trained by Vulko his whole life, Arthur is a very skilled Atlantean. Here he, surrounded, stomps 3 Red Suite Atlanteans all armed with swords at the same time and was unarmed when the other two arrive. On land he beats Orm in the final fight and with some basic scaling, fights Steppewolf well (who overwhelmed WW).

These are the list of feats you provided for Arthur.

The first one is the only one that stood out to me compared to the others, but still it's nothing special. In this deleted scene, we see Thor take out 3 Asgardian Warriors, similarly to how Arthur took out the Atlanteans, however, Asgardian Soldiers are much more well established from what I know, as even a single one was mowing down groups of Dark Elves.

But it doesn't end there, we've also seen Thor (whilst depowered) take out groups of Shield Agents, and as Agent Coulson put it:

You made my men... some of the most highly trained professionals in the world look like a bunch of minimum wage mall cops... that's hurtful

Not sure what I'm supposed to make of Orm, considering you haven't given any sources to show how skilled he is.

It's made quite clear however that Steppenwolf is a superior to both Aquaman and Diana, we see him outmatch them both here and he was consistently getting the better of Arthur in CQC. I guess you could argue that his performance was on a similar level to Diana's, but even then, what feats does Diana have that make her so skilled?

Given the two showings I posted for Thor, I'd argue he is a superior to Arthur in terms of pure combat skill / ability, and at worst an equal.

In the vid posted earlier, Thanos is a clear step above Thor, so subsequently a step above Arthur.

Speed:

Let's split this up:

Here hes able to react to a plasma blast after its fired. With his trident he deflects some more in the final battle.

This is pretty standard, Thanos reacted to Iron Man's Repulsor Blast, which is more quantifiable as we've seen Repulsor Blasts outpace Hawkeye's Arrows.

Hes also reacted to a grenade launcher round after its fired.

According to IMFDB, the Grenade Launcher used was an M203, which fires rounds at 76m/s (check muzzle velocity under the specifications area).

That is tiers below what even Hulk can do, in a tie in we've seen him catch an RPG-7 missile, which are a good bit faster. And we've seen how Hulk fared against Thanos.

In the JL final battle in Russia he was fighting perfectly fine with Steppenwolf (who has more impressive reaction feats than Steve and fought Diana just fine).

From what I know of Steppenwolf's own reaction feats, he caught a missile in the Tunnel Battle, but don't see why that feat changes this battle, considering Hulk has done the same as I've shown, but also Abomination has done so with his back turned, who is a peer to Hulk.

I don't think Diana's reaction feats apply to Arthur, the way I interpret it, is that her combat speed is just not the same. Just looking at Arthur in this scene he's repeatedly hit by bullets and other projectiles, and has never throughout his solo been portrayed as a bullet timer.

Now that I've established that Thanos is quite clearly more skilled, and arguably faster than Aquaman, It's safe to say that Arthur will get the same treatment as Thanos did against Cap, so now all I need to prove is that Arthur will not get back up from Cap's beatdown.

Mjolnir / Lightning

Now obviously, since we haven't seen much feats from Cap without Mjolnir, aside from hurting Thanos, so this will obviously involve feats from prior Avengers and Thor movies.

Arthur's durability may suggest he can take a hit or two without being put down, but taking a fast paced non stop beatdown like Thanos did is definitely putting him down.

. Hes tanked multiple hits from Karathen with no armor, an absolutely humongous seamonster. Not only did Karathen crush through the deep seabed with ease but she also was one shotting large Atlantean warships.

I don't see how tentacle slaps scale to Karathen bursting through the seabed with it's whole body, that would be like me scaling Hulk tanking a throw from Surtur to Surtur bursting out of the Asgardian Palace.

While the warship feat is decent, the Bifrost no sold Dark Elf ships crashing into it, yet with 10 hits Mjolnir completely destroyed it, and every hit was still cracking the bridge, which is more than what the ships were doing. Similarly, with Lightning, Thor was able to bust the Bifrost bridge again in Ragnarok with a continuous stream of lightning.

. Hes also been bullrushed by Steppenwolf and smashed into a giant pillar, which shattered and tanked a hit from his electro Axe.

From both of these attacks, Arthur was out of action for a good 15 ish seconds, which should be noted.

A single Mjolnir Strike is enough to send back Hulk and daze him, this is considerably impressive because Hulk is leagues ahead of Arthur in durability.

Just looking at the Superman feat you gave, he punches Arthur and he isn't back to fight Supes for a good 35 seconds. Compare that to say Thor, who can take around 15 hits from Hulk consecutively and get right back up. We know that Hulk can tank this too since Thanos required more hits to put down Hulk than he did Thor.

I'd argue Hulk's standstill punches are more powerful than Superman's, considering he one shot and flipped a Chitauri Leviathan with a punch, these Leviathans have got to be extremely heavy considering their size and the fact they're covered with metal plates. We also saw the Leviathans crash clean through buildings and tank Iron Man's lasers.

His pain tolerance was also impressive as he was stabbed twice by Manta with Atlantean blades and still was able to fight through until the very end and defeat him.

This isn't really relevant here, as pain tolerance isn't going to change the fact that he'll be out cold after the beatdown.

Energy wise I will admit is not really that impressive but he has taken Mantas blast which destroyed a large part of a cliff.

Since we both agree Arthur's energy durability isn't too impressive, I'm sure we'll both agree that Lightning is going to have a huge effect on him.

According to a google search, Lightning has a temperature of 53540 degrees Fahrenheit, I'm sure this is going to have a huge effect on him. The feat you gave is more related to the actual force / impact of the Manta Beam rather than the heat, but even in terms of the force it's outmatched.

We've seen Thor's lightning:

Trident

With his trident Arthur can set up a water shield which Orm couldnt do anything about. Orm also broke Atlannas trident and hers couldnt get past Vulkos WS. Atlannas trident was able to pierce Steppenwolfs armors (which was no selling WWs sword). His new Tridents best feat is chopping up Orms trident

I mean, these feats would suggest that the Shield is a good defense to sharp weaponry, but there's nothing here that suggests it's going to do anything against an attack packing as much force as Mjolnir.

Conclusion

• Cap will lay a beatdown on Arthur just like he did against the more skilled, and comparably fast / faster Thanos (who also had a long bladed weapon).
  • Unlike Thanos, Arthur will be put down for good, as he's not durable enough to stay conscious after a flurry of consecutive Mjolnir strikes and Lightning blasts.
  • Cap will keep up the pressure like he did against Thanos, so he won't have to worry about getting hit.
  • I know you tried to argue that Cap's skill isn't far above Arthur's using his showings against Rumlow and Batroc, but Batroc didn't land a single hit after Steve got his bearings, and why can't Rumlow just be that good?

• Secondly it's not very applicable here as Steve has Mjolnir too, and we've already seen how a battle between him with Mjolnir + Shield went against a more skilled and faster opponent with a Blade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebuttals: Aquaman

No Caption Provided

I know you argued that Cap can't afford to engage Arthur in CQC the way he did Thanos, so that's something I'll go over, as I'm certain that Thanos is considerably more skilled and at least on Arthur's level of speed.

This is something I strongly disagree with as Thanos lacks feats in that category and I'll counter the arguments in more detail later.

The first one is the only one that stood out to me compared to the others, but still it's nothing special. In this deleted scene, we see Thor take out 3 Asgardian Warriors, similarly to how Arthur took out the Atlanteans, however, Asgardian Soldiers are much more well established from what I know, as even a single one was mowing down groups of Dark Elves.

But it doesn't end there, we've also seen Thor (whilst depowered) take out groups of Shield Agents, and as Agent Coulson put it:

I think its silly that you deem the 3v1 atlantean feat "nothing special". Arthur here is in a very challenging scenario. He has lost his gear and is against Orms finest royal guards wielding swords and takes them out without getting tagged. When has Thor done anything on that level. Deleted scenes cant really be used and Thor had a huge amount of space to manoeuvre in compared to Arthur. Coulsons statement was a huge hyperbole, yes Thor did beat all of them but he used his strength, not pure skill at all.

Not sure what I'm supposed to make of Orm, considering you haven't given any sources to show how skilled he is.

Vulko stated that he spent his entire life training to be a warrior underwater and is an 8th dan nautilus in xebel fu. He was also able to outskill, so plenty of intent and feats wise he did destroy pre atlan Arthur (who still has the red suite atlantean 3v1).

It's made quite clear however that Steppenwolf is a superior to both Aquaman and Diana, we see him outmatch them both here and he was consistently getting the better of Arthur in CQC. I guess you could argue that his performance was on a similar level to Diana's, but even then, what feats does Diana have that make her so skilled?

I dont understand why you brought Diana into this. Yes she lacks feats but that doesn't put a dampen on Arthur's skill at all and of course Steppenwolf is going to be the superior.

Given the two showings I posted for Thor, I'd argue he is a superior to Arthur in terms of pure combat skill / ability, and at worst an equal. In the vid posted earlier, Thanos is a clear step above Thor, so subsequently a step above Arthur.

But his performance in the hospital does not give him any pros. He is constantly restrained by nurses and is only giving them problems due to his overwhelming stat advantage. Deleted scenes are not canon either. Even if we compare Arthur/Thors skills when they're powered up look at the difference.

Here we see Thor get tagged and dismantled by some sakaar goons, meanwhile Arthur is mopping up Manta and his goons. Who looks more impressive?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Nope, Arthur is still comfortably above Thor and the whole Thanos scaling is wonky. Other than Thanos is more powerful, we never really got to see a pure skill spar with them two and Thor was just out muscled all the time. And even if he was more skilled, its still not enough as Thors feats are not good enough.

Countering Speed

This is pretty standard, Thanos reacted to Iron Man's Repulsor Blast, which is more quantifiable as we've seen Repulsor Blasts outpace Hawkeye's Arrows.

Fair enough.

According to IMFDB, the Grenade Launcher used was an M203, which fires rounds at 76m/s (check muzzle velocity under the specifications area).

That is tiers below what even Hulk can do, in a tie in we've seen him catch an RPG-7 missile, which are a good bit faster. And we've seen how Hulk fared against Thanos.

I think what makes the grenade launcher feat so impressive is because of how close Mantas dad was to Arthur and how much of an awkward position he was in but yes Hulks feat is good buts its a tie in feat, we've Hulk display that level of speed on screen in his several films. And even if you want you use it, with scaling ...

From what I know of Steppenwolf's own reaction feats, he caught a missile in the Tunnel Battle, but don't see why that feat changes this battle, considering Hulk has done the same as I've shown, but also Abomination has done so with his back turned, who is a peer to Hulk.

The missile Steppenwolf caught is a hellfire missile and it fires at mach 1.3 which solidly puts Arthur above Hulk in the speed category. We've already grinded through this in our previous CaV.

I don't think Diana's reaction feats apply to Arthur, the way I interpret it, is that her combat speed is just not the same. Just looking at Arthur in this scene he's repeatedly hit by bullets and other projectiles, and has never throughout his solo been portrayed as a bullet timer.

Fair enough.

Now that I've established that Thanos is quite clearly more skilled, and arguably faster than Aquaman, It's safe to say that Arthur will get the same treatment as Thanos did against Cap, so now all I need to prove is that Arthur will not get back up from Cap's beatdown.

I still dont think you've proved anything in the skill department as the scaling is just too wonky and flawed and the speed scaling between Arthur/Step is too strong.

Countering Durability/Gear

Now obviously, since we haven't seen much feats from Cap without Mjolnir, aside from hurting Thanos, so this will obviously involve feats from prior Avengers and Thor movies.

In the durability section, theres nothing really to counter. I agree that Steve with Mjolnir obviously has the damage output to knockout or kill Arthur in not a lot of hits. All I argued was that Arthur can take some licks before getting to that stage and has his own defences. But none of that is needed as the skill/speed is just too much of a difference.

I mean, these feats would suggest that the Shield is a good defense to sharp weaponry, but there's nothing here that suggests it's going to do anything against an attack packing as much force as Mjolnir.

The shield also has blunt force protection as well as we saw in the final fight and when Vulko used it against a young Arthur so it may be able to stop Mjolnir as its stopped royal atlantean weaponry.

Conclusion

• Arthur is still more skilled and faster.
  • He will able to lick some hits.
  • And he will lethally rip Steve apart and has more in his arsenal (bare fists, trident etc.)
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #2

No Caption Provided

Thanos vs Aquaman

I think its silly that you deem the 3v1 atlantean feat "nothing special". Arthur here is in a very challenging scenario. He has lost his gear and is against Orms finest royal guards wielding swords and takes them out without getting tagged.

When I said the feat was "nothing special" I had no intent to lowball. By that I just meant that it's not a feat that Thor can't replicate, and given that Cap > Thanos > Thor when it comes to fighting ability, he's gonna need better feats than Thor to have a chance here.

When has Thor done anything on that level. Deleted scenes cant really be used and Thor had a huge amount of space to manoeuvre in compared to Arthur.

I don't see why deleted scenes can't be used, all feats in the films are based off how powerful and skilled the writers intend a character to be, a deleted scene also shows this. Scenes are usually deleted because of stuff like movie time and pacing, not because a character is being misrepresented in that scene. But even if this isn't enough for you, Thor should be able to take out a couple of Asgardians given the people he scales to:

First off there's Hela, in this scene she took out around a hundred Asgardians on her own, while most of it was via blade spam, she still took out quite a lot in melee in this instance or this instance. While Hela is more skilled than Thor, it's undeniable that Thor performed a lot better than the group of Asgardians did collectively, managing to block, parry and land hits of his own.

Additionally, Thor was ready to take on an entire group of 20 or so Asgardian Warriors with a few allies until Sif offers to hold them off alone instead and does so. This should all establish that Thor is at least capable of taking out a couple of Asgardians in melee.

Aside from these showings, Thor's got other feats and scaling, in the Ragnarok Final Battle Thor took out an insane amount of Berserker Warriors, engaging a lot in close quarters. Thor also scales above Loki as we've seen on multiple instances, and Loki himself is capable of taking out 4 Dark Elves while surrounded.

You posted the nurse gif right after this but then addressed it later, so I'll address it then.

Coulsons statement was a huge hyperbole, yes Thor did beat all of them but he used his strength, not pure skill at all.

What part of Coulson's statement was hyperbole? He's only just stating what we saw on screen, Thor taking out trained professionals with ease.

Sure, Thor did fight like a brute in that scene but that doesn't entirely discredit the feat, he was parrying and dodging and landing his own hits on top of the ragdolls. It's certainly a good feat.

Vulko stated that he spent his entire life training to be a warrior underwater and is an 8th dan nautilus in xebel fu. He was also able to outskill, so plenty of intent and feats wise he did destroy pre atlan Arthur (who still has the red suite atlantean 3v1).

Key Word: "Underwater", it's literally a plot point that Arthur wins because he's on land where he's more experienced, while Orm wins underwater given that's where he's fought his whole life.

Regardless, Orm's In Universe standing and statements aren't really much better than Thor, Thor is 1500 years old, with centuries of combat experience, he's one of the finest warriors on Asgard if not the best and just from seeing Thor fight for a couple of minutes Agent Coulson assumed he had some sort of high level military training.

I dont understand why you brought Diana into this. Yes she lacks feats but that doesn't put a dampen on Arthur's skill at all and of course Steppenwolf is going to be the superior.

I brought Diana into this because scaling Arthur from Steppenwolf isn't exactly the best idea, considering that even with the help of Wonder Woman, Arthur had no chance.

his performance in the hospital does not give him any pros. He is constantly restrained by nurses and is only giving them problems due to his overwhelming stat advantage. Deleted scenes are not canon either.

The nurse feat isn't really an anti feat. Thor wakes up and is suddenly swarmed with a bunch of guys, according to the movie script (Page 52/140), Thor is very surprised that he's actually being overpowered, because this is the first time Thor's ever had his Asgardian powers stripped, the statement suggests that Thor didn't really render the nurses a threat, and so had just assumed that he'd have no trouble with them given his Asgardian strength, which obviously meant he wasn't fighting the same way he did against the 3 Asgardian Warriors. It's also stated that Thor "winces is pain" (Page 51/140), which just makes the feat even more invalid as an anti feat.

Here we see Thor get tagged and dismantled by some sakaar goons, meanwhile Arthur is mopping up Manta and his goons. Who looks more impressive?

Once again not an anti feat, Thor does not get touched in close quarters once by the Sakaarans, he's only restrained by the Electronic Net they shoot at him. This has nothing to do with how good he can fight in melee.

Ironically in the scene you posted, if the guys had powerful technology Arthur would have gone down to, instead he just swarms through everyone, tossing them aside, getting hit with blades, bullets, grenade launcher blasts but he just shrugs it off.

Other than Thanos is more powerful, we never really got to see a pure skill spar with them two and Thor was just out muscled all the time.

How is this not a skill showing? Thanos blocks Thor's attack, disarms him and then beats him down with his hits.

Even here, Thanos was able to evade all the attacks and catch a strike from a dual wielding Thor.

I still stand by Thor being a peer to Arthur, he's got all the statements and feats that suggest he's on a similar tier of skill but like I said, this just isn't enough. Thor got dominated by Thanos who in turn was on the losing end against Cap. There'a few tiers between Steve and Arthur when it comes to skill and fighting ability.

Speed

I think what makes the grenade launcher feat so impressive is because of how close Mantas dad was to Arthur and how much of an awkward position he was in but yes Hulks feat is good buts its a tie in feat, we've Hulk display that level of speed on screen in his several films. And even if you want you use it, with scaling ...

Sure Arthur was quite close to Manta's dad but the blast is also way slower. Even without scaling from Hulk's tie ins Steve should be able to replicate it, he reacted to a blast here, he did have more distance than Arthur but the blast is also a lot faster, clocking in at 230m/s compared to the 76m/s blast Arthur dodged (source in first post).

The missile Steppenwolf caught is a hellfire missile and it fires at mach 1.3 which solidly puts Arthur above Hulk in the speed category. We've already grinded through this in our previous CaV.

Like I said, scaling Aquaman to Steppenwolf isn't very effective considering that Steppenwolf was kicking his ass even when he had assistance. On top of this I've already posted Arthur failing to react to stuff like handgun bullets which are Mach 1.1, so catching a Mach 1.3 object is definitely beyond his league.

Durability / Water Shield

In the durability section, theres nothing really to counter. I agree that Steve with Mjolnir obviously has the damage output to knockout or kill Arthur in not a lot of hits. All I argued was that Arthur can take some licks before getting to that stage and has his own defences. But none of that is needed as the skill/speed is just too much of a difference.

Nothing to add here, looks like from here the debate will come down to our skill and speed arguments.

The shield also has blunt force protection as well as we saw in the final fight and when Vulko used it against a young Arthur so it may be able to stop Mjolnir as its stopped royal atlantean weaponry.

It stopped a Trident Bash, that's it. This doesn't come close to the level of power Mjolnir can output, Cap with Mjolnir was able to destroy Thanos' Helmet and give him some bruises on his face, this is something no one has achieved before, not even Hulk - the guy who can flip Leviathans and rock Surtur with a hit.

Even without scaling Mjolnir has it's own feats which are way beyond what a Trident Bash can output, you can't just say it's Royal Atlantean Weaponry and assume that instantly makes it this impressive.

Just wanted to address something from your conclusion aswell:

has more in his arsenal (bare fists, trident etc.)

I don't see how this means Arthur has more in his Arsenal, Cap has bare fists, the Shield, Mjolnir and Lightning Summoning and Expulsion, that's way more versatility than just a Trident.

Conclusion

I still retain that Cap is equally as fast but just way more skilled than Arthur, given his performance against the bigger, more experienced and skilled Thanos who also had longer reach than Aquaman, Arthur is gonna receive quite a beatdown, but he's not gonna get back up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1