• 59 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@major_hellstrom: @majinblackheart: Excellent CaV. Both of you demonstrated that you knew your characters like the back of your hand, and demonstrated impressive debating ability whilst making arguments for them. Though overall I have to give my vote to @major_hellstrom. Overall I just feel that major edged Majin out a little bit, he demonstrated that Midnighter could hurt beings well above Gamora with ridiculous consistency (like seriously how on earth is Midnighter considered street level?) and he also proved that Midnighter was her match in both speed and durability, and could take an easy edge over her by using his speed burst. He also displayed how it is very consistent for Midnighter to use his lifting strength in combat. And while I wasn't convinced that Midnighter was more skilled than Gamora I think Major definitely showed that Middy was solidly comparable, and could probably outmaneuver her using his door and battle computer.

Majin also did a great job, displaying Gamora's impressive speed and insane durability, as well as showing that she has fantastic and skill. Though I do feel that he lowballed Midnighters strength a little bit, overall I definitely got the impression that it was more consistent for Midnighter to damage high-tiers with his blows than it is for Gamora, yet Majin insisted that Gamora was far more consistent and that Midnighter's showings were high ends, then trying to low-ball Middy with showings against Grayson and Multiplex that Major solidly proved were inconsistent. I also just really felt that Gamora drawing blood from Thanos was an outliner and that, based on this CaV, she didn't have the feats to suggest that that was consistent.

Fantastic read, great debate both of you, but ultimately my vote goes to Midnighter rapped by @major_hellstrom

I swear I did not do it!!!

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom: @majinblackheart:

This was a pretty close CaV for me(pretty much each post had me change my mind on who I thought was dominant). Though if I had to pick a winner I feel inclined to go with Majin just slightly. Though I did feel that he lowballed Midnighter’s BC and speed advantage with the speed burst, I did feel his arguments for Gamora’s physical superiority was slightly more convincing. It also doesn’t hurt that with her sword she wouldn’t have any problem doing a significant amount of damage on Midnighter, who in turn while capable of hurting Gamora, wouldn’t be doing so as easily.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#54 MajinBlackheart  Moderator
Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinblackheart@major_hellstrom

This was a really close, nice CaV. Kind of as a warning before hand, I disagree with some of Majin's assessments of Gamora, but I'm putting that aside because MH never made any point to refute his assessment of Gamora. Overall, I think Majin did the superior job showing his characters physicality and how specifically they would win(the slow down with a slash leading to a kill was a good strat imo). However, I do think he went a bit far on the battle computer, I had him when he said it was fallible, but to say that it was just plot and therefore kinda useless seemed like a bit of a stretch and to a degree, lowballing. Hellstorm I think should've pushed the burst speed more, as that was a huge advantage that could've been brought up more/defended better imo. Overall I'm giving my vote to @majinblackheart he convinced me that all Gamora really needed to do was tag Midnighter once and that she was capable of doing so.

TheDeputy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This pretty much tbh

@kevd4wg said:

This was a really close, nice CaV. Kind of as a warning before hand, I disagree with some of Majin's assessments of Gamora, but I'm putting that aside because MH never made any point to refute his assessment of Gamora. Overall, I think Majin did the superior job showing his characters physicality and how specifically they would win(the slow down with a slash leading to a kill was a good strat imo). However, I do think he went a bit far on the battle computer, I had him when he said it was fallible, but to say that it was just plot and therefore kinda useless seemed like a bit of a stretch and to a degree, lowballing. Hellstorm I think should've pushed the burst speed more, as that was a huge advantage that could've been brought up more/defended better imo. Overall I'm giving my vote to @majinblackheart he convinced me that all Gamora really needed to do was tag Midnighter once and that she was capable of doing so.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MajinBlackheart  Moderator
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MajinBlackheart  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So I finally got round to reading this CAV, and I have to say it was pretty close but I'm giving it to @majinblackheart. Both sides had their fair share of both low/highballing as well as great arguments, but I was especially impressed with jlone's partial debunks of Midnighter's Battle Computer, which I thought was his greatest advantage over Gamora as shown in @major_hellstrom's posts. Beyond that, I was convinced that both had comparable speed with a possible slight edge to Midnighter with the burst speed, although jlone did well in introducing doubt into that argument. In the end, Gamora only needed one good hit to take the win, and I was convinced she could get it before Midnighter would do the same.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@blackspidey2099: Thank you for reading and I appreciate the vote.

Also, thank you Ace Ventura bump. You worked super fast lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kevd4wg said:

So I finally got round to reading this CAV, and I have to say it was pretty close but I'm giving it to @majinblackheart. Both sides had their fair share of both low/highballing as well as great arguments, but I was especially impressed with jlone's partial debunks of Midnighter's Battle Computer, which I thought was his greatest advantage over Gamora as shown in @major_hellstrom's posts. Beyond that, I was convinced that both had comparable speed with a possible slight edge to Midnighter with the burst speed, although jlone did well in introducing doubt into that argument. In the end, Gamora only needed one good hit to take the win, and I was convinced she could get it before Midnighter would do the same.

These two posts sum up my opinion pretty well.

You both did great but I was more convinced that Gamora had the edge in physicals. MBH also did a good job at countering the Battle Computer and speed bursts. I definitely do think that Major should have pushed the speed bursts and use of doors more.

In the end, my vote goes to @majinblackheart

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@geekryan: Thank for reading, voting and being the first voter to not call me a lowballer, lol. I really try not to be.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Bump. Any more votes? Votes are cool.