Conditions and stipulations

• In character, but serious.
  • Standard gear.
  • No Knowledge.
  • 616 Kraven.
  • Win by Ko/Incap/Death

No Caption Provided

Note:

• This is a CaV, desist from posting your opinion on the outcome of the battle or posting comments/engaging in conversations that will derail the topic of this thread.
  • If you wish to be tagged for voting, then comment as such.
  • While voting, do not vote with your opinion on the battle as a basis for the vote, but vote for who you think convinced you of their stance.
  • Votes without a valid reason/justification will not be considered, this is to avoid biased or unfounded votes

Thanks to @streak619 for the CaV format Template.

#3 Edited by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Supermanthor (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

tav dude this going to be awesome

#5 Posted by palliativepawn (61 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15153 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio

bump for attention

#9 Edited by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio

Luther Strode - The Hercules Method Prodigy

No Caption Provided

BackGround

Luther was a skinny young man, who lived with his very mother and had one best friend, who was also into comic books and video games. Luther's new life started when his mind and body was permanently pushed to beyond human capacity, all while biological still being human,"...focus the mind, body, and spirit towards one goal. By bring all three into alignment, the physical enthusiast can bring all of them under conscious control." Luther developed some strange talents; incredible reflexes, a danger sense, strength, and much more. (taken from the image wiki, backgrounds aren't that important anyways.)

The Hercules Method Prodigy: Strength

When it comes to pure physical strength i think that Strode has what it takes to stand toe to toe against Kraven. since this is just the opener i wont go all out with my feats but ill just provide a couple notable ones to start us of with to provide you with a basic idea of what level of strength your'e dealing with here.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

in the first scan you can clearly see Luther holding up a massive tree and using it as a weapon against another Hercules method user. shattering the tree into pieces. in the second feat you can see Luther grabbing another method user called "Jack The Ripper" and slamming him into the ground creating a small crater effect where he stands.

moving onto striking feats you'll see that Luther is no slouch when it comes to punching people.

in the first scan you can see the force of one of Luther punches sending a method user several stories up into a building. in the second scan you get a clear demonstration of what a punch from Luther could do to a regular person. that should be enough strength feats for now to clearly demonstrate that Kraven would be taking these hits lightly.

The Hercules Method Prodigy: Speed

Now usually when you see a guy the size of Luther you wouldn't think twice about how fast or agile he is. but as you'll find out looks can be quite deceiving.

Luther is clearly a bullet time as shown by the first scan where he blurs past a squad of mercenaries firing automatic shots at him. in the next scan you can see him running after a truck falling of a cliff side and saving the driver and also himself all while the truck is falling of the edge. this sets a pretty good example of the kind of speed you would need to have to keep up with Luther.

now to have any chance at winning Luther would also need to have the speed to react Kraven. luckily Luther has a couple good reaction feats that should put him on par with Kraven for now. in the first scan you can again see Luther bob and weave his way through an array of bullets being fired at him. in the second scan you can see Luther throwing a sewage grate to block a bullet AFTER its been fired.

The Hercules Method Prodigy: Durability

To throw punch you have to be able to take a punch. Luther is more or less the embodiment of that as he can dish out just as much as he takes.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

in the first scan you can see Luther getting punched through a set of trees and on the very same page get up and start getting ready to fight again. in the second scan Luther is power bombed into the ground breaking a piece of the ground, this is even more impressive considering that the same person that power bombed him was also strong enough to throw a method user straight through a thick stone wall.

The Hercules Method Prodigy: Method Powers

being a method doesn't just give you super human stats. its also gives you other abilities such as:

move reading.

Body control, to the extent that he can catch and hold knifes and bullets in his muscles, as well as the hands of other method users.

A healing factor that allowed him to survive and continue fighting with the librarian, another method user.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Conclusion

at the start of the fight Luther will know what Kraven's next move is and plan ahead. other then that i will wait until my opponent has his opener up until i make further judgement.

#10 Edited by Supermanthor (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice start

#11 Posted by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#12 Posted by blackpantherisb (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#13 Posted by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15153 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven The Hunter

No Caption Provided

Biography

Kraven is a mercenary who later, developed an intense obsession with restoring honor to his name. Kraven has been known as a major threat for Spider-Man and leaving a legacy during his demise for decades even after he is gone, His children carry on his work.

Speed and Agility.

1 dodges Storm's lighting

2 dodges a shot from Deadpool

3 dodges objects shot by Black Panther

4 tags a bloodlusted Spiderman

5 tags black widow with a poison dart

No Caption Provided

Weapons and Poisons

Kraven uses a variety of weapons and tricks in his arsenal

1-2 drops tigra with a poison dart in seconds

3-4 numbs widow whole body with one of his darts.

5 Hallucinogetic darts

6 poisons are so strong they even affect Agent Venom who normally dose not get affected by poisons and darts ect.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Strength

fights a ten tonner tiger

whoops on Daredevil

dominates kaine spiderman who infact is far stronger than he is.

Durability

tanks hits from a bloodlsuted Spiderman

2 tanks cyclops optic blast like they were child's play

No Caption Provided

note in this scan Kraven used his stone axe to crack spiderman arm which is another weapon he uses.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Conclusion

Kraven never in a fight or situation he can't handle, this is just a new pray for Kraven to Conquer and add to his victory list.

#15 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15153 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Lets get into this

Counters & Rebuttals

1 dodges Storm's lighting

No Caption Provided

I do not think that storm was trying to hit Kraven in those scans, just slow him down as i doubt she would want to hurt the hostage as well. you can also see you shooting bolts down ahead of Kraven as well.

2 dodges a shot from Deadpool

Luther has blurred through automatic fire. that's not impressive.

as for "dodging object thrown by black panther" if you read lower in the scan you can see that he wasn't trying to lose Kraven, so it stands that he wouldn't want to land anything that could potentially stop him from chasing him e.g glass.

tagging a blood lusted spider man is impressive, but Luther was landing consistent hits on some one who dodged a bullet after it was fired.

No Caption Provided

Luther does have some defense against poisons and the like. in this fight hes hit with a neurotoxin targeting his nervous system, and within the next two pages hes already overcome it and fighting again. keep in mind that the person hes fighting spends his time hunting town and capturing method users. so his toxins have to be capable of keeping down or at least subduing other method users. all who have same general abilities as Luther.

fights a ten tonner tiger

i wouldn't really call that a fight from the scans you've shown. all i see is him holding her down for a . will have to see more of the fight and more of tigra to see why this is impressive

whoops on Daredevil

i think there might be a scan missing or something? in the first part of the image you see DD get punched and then in the next you see him above Kraven. other then that you just see Kraven rush DD who's worried about Black Widow.

dominates kaine spiderman who infact is far stronger than he is.

i wouldn't exactly call it dominating. first of Kaine had just had a fight before fighting Kraven where he was stabbed so i wouldn't say hes a 100 percent. even Kraven himself comments on how Kaine was treating the fight like a game. if Kaine wanted to he could have just one shot Kraven. like he did at the end of the fight.

tanks hits from a bloodlsuted Spiderman

i wouldn't call getting your sternum shattered tanking. tanking implies there was no damage done or felt.

In Conclusion.

from what my opponent has shown Kraven is out matched in nearly all if not all categories. Luther is more then a match when it comes to combat speed and will put Kraven on the back foot right from the beginning of the fight and from there the pressure will get to Kraven who in such close quarters will be hard pressed to make use of his toxins and such. Luther will know from the beginning of the fight how it will play out and from there its just a matter of time.

EDIT - grammar errors

#17 Posted by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio

bump for more eyes/voters

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#19 Posted by MyLittleFascist (30805 posts) - - Show Bio

t4v

#20 Posted by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by CaptainCoolade (688 posts) - - Show Bio

el bumpo