New 52 Wonder Woman: The God of War
New 52 Superman: The Man of Steel
Represented By - @lvenger
Premise: The Break Up
I've spoiler blocked this so you don't have to read it if you readers/Cliana shippers don't want to :P
Clark waited in Prypiat, just outside the wasted nuclear powerplant of Chernobly for Diana's arrival. He was dreading this moment and had been ever since he'd come to this decision but his mind was made up. There was no going back now. Soon enough, Diana arrived to hear what Clark wanted to talk about. "What is it Clark?" she asked. "Why do you have such a sombre look on your face?" Clark sighed and, despite the bad feeling he had, went through with what he had to say.
"Diana, over the last few months, things just haven't been the way I thought they would be. When we first kissed in Washington, I was lonely, misguided and we'd just fought David Graves. We weren't in the right state of mind when we 'connected.' And I don't know if we even did that." He paused, registering the horror on Diana's face. "I know we seemed to grow deeper and deeper in love but it wasn't for the right reasons. The more I've thought about it, the more our relationship seems trivial and inconsequential. We're teammates, heroes and before this, we were friends. I have liked getting to know you more but as I have learned more about you, I've seen that you aren't the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with romantically. We're too different and hold different values and approaches to life. And I know you killed Dr. Psycho last week." Clark stared at Diana accusingly. "You've mentioned that you don't have any problems killing your foes and I should have seen sooner that you were willing to back it up. This isn't the way to be an example to the world Diana, we're supposed to be better than that..."
Diana cut in angrily "I've listened to what sounds like mind controlled babble for long enough so don't I have a chance to say something now? Good, because I've realised that my 'feelings' for you were pathetic. A simpering manchild who'd rather slap criminals on the back and let them get away than to take a stand and do what must be done. You're not the warrior I thought you were, you're a coward who turns the other cheek to the worst of this world. And all you've done now is prove that to me. Why don't you go back to that **** Lois? I'm sure Mrs Brainiac would love to cosy up with you at night whilst you ignore the world's troubles." Clark felt his blood boil at Diana insulting his best friend and someone he'd loved before. For the right reasons. "Well at least I didn't go kissing Lois behind your back like you did with that jerk Orion! Super hearing Diana, remember?" "At least my family aren't dead and buried six feet under!" Diana retorted. A cold voice crept into Clark's head telepathically from an unknown source and before he knew it "At least my family aren't murderous rapists!"
Wonder Woman lunged at Superman but he dodged her first attack. This alien deserved nothing less than the cold taste of steel now. She yelled back through the tears "So this is it? This is how it ends?" Superman replied "This is how it had to end Diana."
- New 52 versions of Superman and Wonder Woman.
- In character but seriously motivated to win by any means necessary.
- Diana gets her standard gear; Lasso, bracelets, shield and any weapons she can summon with her gauntlets that she has done so before.
- Superman gets NO sun amp or SuperDoom or whatever other power level increases there have been in the New 52.
- Win by KO, Incapacitation, Surrender or Death.
Challenge A Viner Rules:
- Do not start extra arguments, post unnecessary scans/videos or interfere in the debate itself in any way. If you wish to inform either of us on anything important or correct us on a point, send us a private message.
- If any of the above is excessively broken, we may request a mod to assist.
- Your vote should be decided based on the debating quality and abilities of the participants. Not necessarily on the characters they are representing.
- A reason for your voting choice would be greatly appreciated too.
- Regular posting/commenting is fine.
- As always, may the best debater win.