User Lists: 1

Tag for votes

SolidCenturion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@stumerica I can go first if you want, thou I don't think it'll matter all to much

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JaylinFreeman

Tag plz

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

psi-bite234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag

SolidCenturion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumerica: sounds good, I should be able to post tomorrow

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag please

SolidCenturion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidCenturion

Fair Waring ahead of time to anyone reading, I am using a Character from Mortal Kombat, which is filled with Gore on Humans(?)

With that that PSA out of the way, @stumerica, Let's Begin

The Champion of Moral Kombat: Liu Kang

The Chosen One
The Chosen One

While I could pour over Liu Kang's entire story, Google-Fu exist for anyone who wants a deep dive.

Long Story Short, Liu Kang was raised by monks to participate in Earth Threatening Fighting Tournament, Mortal Kombat. Liu Kang proceeded to win the Tournament two times in a row before dying to Friendly Fire (Literally) after the Earth got invaded anyways. After some times as an undead he eventually upgrades to being a God, cause you know, why not.

Composite

Before I starting going over his feats, I think it worth explaining the Sources of my feats.

Reboot

• MK9 (Game)
  • MKX (Game and Comics)
  • MK11 (Game)

Legends

• Moral Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (An Animated Movie)

While it could be argued the events of Pre-MK9 are still canon to the Liu Kang I'm using, I personally just see MK9 as a Reboot, and won't be using them.

Even so, due to the events of Reboot, Liu Kang spent time as a Revenant, which was pretty consistent with Human Liu Kang (Minus Skill, which took a nose dive.) So while I am using Human Liu Kang for this fight, so feats will be coming from his time as a Revenant as well.

With that out of the Way, Let's get into the actual debate

No Caption Provided

Speed

Liu Kang is undeniably fast, especially when you consider his place in the Mortal Kombat Hierarchy, but with the Animated Movie this becomes as easy as ever to display

No Caption Provided

Even without it, Kang is considered Superior to the likes of Sonya Blade, who can beat Kabal in a kage match when she doesn't even have her weapons.

For Reference, Kabal has no issue parrying Assault Rifle fire

"Kaball'in"

No Caption Provided

Strength

Liu Kang, like many Kombatants, posses a very high degree of Striking Power, with it being perfectly represented in Test Your Might

No Caption Provided

A Titanium Statue pose no Problems for Liu Kang to chop right through

No Caption Provided

A Mere Uppercut from the Monk can gib someone's entire upper torso, sending remaining body parts flying.

No Caption Provided

Durability

Liu Kang, living up to his place in Mortal Kombat, can take tons of abuse and keep going.

A good example of this would be in his fight with the Telekinetic Ermac, in which he won relatively unscathed despite it being his first time fighting someone like Ermac. Ermac isn't too shabby in the Telekinetic department either.

No Caption Provided

He's capable of uprooting and lifting giant trees and slamming them down with just one hand.

Obviously thou, the important aspect of this fight will be if Liu Kang can handle the swords, not only has he fought two sword users (Scorpion and Quan Chi) at the same time and was relatively unscathed, He's considered superior to the like of his "Brother" Kung Lao by the Shaolin Monks themselves.

No Caption Provided

Kung Lao can throw his bladed hat hard enough it doesn't even slow down when going through multiple Outworlder's necks (And one Helmet.)

No Caption Provided

Yet when thrown at him by Sindel (Someone who can contend with the Elder God Cetrion) he only has a Gash on his Hand to show for it. And it's worth remember again, both the Shaolin Monks and Raiden consider Liu Kang his superior.

Now, While a more traditional fighter, Liu Kang's ability to manipulate Chi does credit him to a few powers at his disposal, mainly

He does have a few other powers, like Teleportation, but due to really only being present in gameplay, I'm hesitant to consider them for this fight; regardless Liu Kang Powers give him a degree of versatility in the Fight, allowing him to control space with Fireballs or enhance his already powerful striking power even further by cloaking his hands in fire.

"Actions, Not Titles, Defines Us."

An undeniable part of this debate will be that it will come down to Martial Skill. Liu Kang exist in world where everyone has a large and unique power set, yet despite how simple Liu Kang is, he is the undisputed Champion of Mortal Kombat. Matter fact across all three games he (Human Liu Kang that is) has one of the best track records when compared to over Kombatants, with his losses coming at the hand of Mortal Kombats best, and even then he has wins against those respective people. I'll be making Skill the primary focus of my next post, but I think at this point I've typed enough and am eagered to see what the Leader of the Sewer Ninjas has to offer.

Leonardo can't hope to match Liu Kang's Dance Moves thou
Leonardo can't hope to match Liu Kang's Dance Moves thou

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tag. Love this cartoon, the best at accuracy for TMNT.

SolidCenturion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumerica Post is finished, outside of one transition GIF that I couldn't seem to upload (It's just Liu Kang saying the Quote I posted)

So the ball in your court now

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stumerica

Leonardo Splinterson

Loading Video...

"You know, if there's one thing I've learned being a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, is to always expect the unexpected. But with all of our training, and all of our hard work, I'd like to think that we're ready for anything. But sometimes, the unexpected is just a little too... unexpected".

As a heads up: for this post, I'll keep the scaling off other characters to a minimum. I'd rather focus on Leo's own feats. I'll also be sticking to some fairly average feats for him, and I'll use his better ones in my rebuttal.

Bio

If you're at all familiar with any version of the character, you'll likely get his backstory. However, this video should suffice for those not in the know.

Loading Video...

Strength

While not the strongest in his verse (or hell, not even the strongest member of his team), Leonardo is one tough bastard who shouldn't be underestimated.

Speed

Like any ninja worth their salt, Leo's got some impressive speed feats, some of the best in his verse.

Durability

Considering not just the pedigree of opponents Leonardo faces off against but his opponent as well, I'd say this turtle should be able to take Liu Kang's hits well enough to survive and win.

Gear

In the spirit of kindness, I'll save skill feats for later since you did the same. However, I'd like to go over Leo's gear (mainly his swords).

@solidcenturion I think that should suffice for now, let's see how this Liu Kang character fares hand to hand.

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SolidCenturion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidCenturion

@stumerica: Strange, didn't get your tag, I'll have a post up hopefully soon

(I should be able to post Saturday.)

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SolidCenturion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OniLordAsmodeus: No, it’s still going, I had an event that made it so I couldn’t access my computer for a couple of weeks, and I pmed stum about it and they said that was fine, I only recently got back and should have a post In a few days

Ox_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really interesting, tag me when voting starts.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

taep

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This looks intersesting

TAEP

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solidcenturion: Cool, and thanks. I was just curious as this battle should be a pretty good one.

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solidcenturion: I've got everything ready, just let me know when you're good to go.