Battle of badasses.

• In character
  • Knowledge of each other's skills and methods
  • Each armed with a knife and pistol
  • To the Die.
  • Leon - @nickzambuto
  • Brock - @keenko
No Caption Provided

Battle begins here, with both fighters beginning one foot away from each other and their weapons holstered.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer

Well...this is certainly new lol, haven't seen Brock in a CaV before...or hardly on here! Should be good, the guy was a beast from what I remember.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Keenko

Introduction

One-half Swedish, one-quarter Polish, one quarter Winnebago killing machine.
One-half Swedish, one-quarter Polish, one quarter Winnebago killing machine.

Brock Samson is a famous ex-marine Nebraska born OIS Agent, particularly known for his general badassery and effectiveness. He was given a license to kill and was assigned to protect the Venture clan.

Reflexes and Accuracy

No Caption Provided

In this instance, Brock is destroying this Bizzy Bee henchman, he hears Rusty screaming from behind him. He casually takes the sting gun, and shoots Rusty's pants leg, saving him. He goes on to do this feat two more times, one shooting his other pants leg, the other time shooting his wrist. Both of these mentioned times, he didn't even pay much attention to it.

Loading Video...

While having an intense heart to heart with the boys, he throws his knife to kill a german assassin behind him.

No Caption Provided

Here, Brock throws rock at the speeding X-1 and manages to tag him.

I believe Brock will be able to react first, disarming, maiming or killing Leon. If he doesn't kill Leon first, he should be able to secure the distance and a healthy h2h victory.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So from what I've gathered, Brock Samson appears to be a highly skilled agent working for a secret division of the United States government who specializes in knife wielding and has blond hair. In comparison, Leon is a highly skilled agent working for a secret division of the United States government who specializes in knife wielding and sometimes has blond hair. So pretty similar skillsets overall, even if their histories and feats are completely different, that should make comparing the two pretty simple, right?

I don't think either has much of a leg up in training or experience, and given the distance and battlefield stipulated in the OP, the first order of business to address should be their feats in blade wielding. Now, both of our characters are experts in knife play, but as tough as Brock Samson is, the fact that Venture Bros is a comedy show unfortunately limits him somewhat when it comes to real, legitimate showings. Humor comes first, understandably so, but by comparison, Leon's mettle has been irrefutably tested and proven against a myriad of serious opponents ranging from monsters, to super humans, to super soldiers, to secret agents just like himself. In H2H martial arts alone, Leon has been shown to be highly skilled in or even a master of at least 9 different styles. The list goes:

Ninjutsu;

Taekwondo;

Muay Thai;

Aikido;

Karate;

Krav Maga;

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu;

Judo;

Wrestling.

This isn't a statement from some guidebook, throughout the course of the series Leon is actively shown using these martial arts styles against a variety of noteworthy enemies. For instance, in Damnation after getting tackled by a licker and falling 15 feet onto solid concrete, despite minimum maneuverability, Leon was able to keep the monster in place and avoid getting his throat torn out with moves that come from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, coupled with some slick reflexes.

Lickers are well into the superhuman category, they can sidestep bullets almost without effort and their tongues alone are capable of piercing through kevlar. I'm curious if you think Brock could also survive in this situation.

In Damnation, while handcuffed and held at gunpoint by two trained soldiers, Leon was able to easily take them both down in an instant with nothing but a kick and a headbutt.

While unarmed, Leon was able to use wrestling and judo techniques very effectively in his second fight with Jack Krauser, who's a beyond expert fighter in his own right.

Leon vs Krauser

Leon vs Krauser 2

To top it off, Leon has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of kicks from various martial arts styles, performing them effortlessly and with the upmost dexterity against skilled and powerful opponents. In the below gifs Leon performs over a dozen different variations of kicks, including 1) a Roundhouse Kick 2) Reverse Roundhouse Kick 3) Back Kick 4) Jump Kick 5) Spin Kick 6) Skipping Kick 7) Left Kick 8) High Kick. Most of them I unfortunately do not recognize though.

Leon Melee

Leon Kicks

Leon Kicks 2

Leon Kicks 2

My point with all this is that Leon is host to a wealth of technical knowledge when it comes to fighting, and considering knife play is his specialty, that really says a lot. He even displays technical knowledge with his knife itself, easily disarming a superhumanly strong Ganado in an instant while pinned and handcuffed, and likewise disarming the trained and experienced soldier JD of his blade rather casually.

Of course Leon's knife skills weren't truly put to the test until his confrontation with Jack Krauser, an ex soldier of U.S. SOCOM and a master knife wielder. Krauser was known for participating in mercenary work on his days off, as he felt that combat was what he lived for and that he couldn't function in normal society, making him extremely experienced and one of the highest regarded soldiers in the U.S. military. He was a skilled enough combatant to fight his way through Javier Hidelgo's B.O.W. army during Darkside Chronicles, and eventually kill Javier himself jacked up on the T-Veronica Virus with only one functioning arm (and Leon's help). With a knife specifically, Krauser is completely ambidextrous and known to target specific bodily weak points, with knowledge on major arteries and vital organs, among other things. He's precise enough to kill someone through a kevlar vest, and Saddler basically implied during the game that Krauser was one of the best combatants in the whole world. Not only that, but Krauser had control over a Master Plaga at the time, giving him superhuman strength to crush and rip apart steel with ease, and move at blur speeds. On top of all this he had the element of surprise on Leon, yet despite all of these disadvantages, Leon was still able to fight on even ground with the soldier, using a variety of knife techniques and showcasing incredible dexterity.

Loading Video...

Brock is similar to Krauser in many ways, but he's also inferior in many ways as well. Leon has only gotten better since his fight against Krauser, so I believe this is enough to conclude that agent Kennedy is a better fighter than agent Samson.

In terms of stats he is at no disadvantage either. Leon was able to physically hold open the jaws of a 20 foot long mutated shark while underwater with no air, move giant boulders with Helena's assistance, and even supported the full weight of Del Lago on his leg long enough to sever the rope binding them together.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Then in terms of speed, Leon has several pretty good bullet dodging feats to his name.

Outruns crossbow bolts while towing Ashley.

Leon and Ashley

Outruns uzi fire from highly skilled marksman Krauser.

Leon vs Krauser

Leon evades a hailstorm of gunfire from a squad of soldiers and reaches cover after they've started shooting.

Ustanak fires two rounds from his gatling gun, Leon dodges the first and saves Sherry from the second, effectively outreacting a superhuman (Sherry was unable to move herself in time).

Leon and Helena dodge gunfire from a squad of soldiers after they fire.

Leon and Helena

Overall, I believe Leon is superior to Brock, is only slightly. @keenko

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Keenko

Counters

Lickers are well into the superhuman category, they can sidestep bullets almost without effort and their tongues alone are capable of piercing through kevlar. I'm curious if you think Brock could also survive in this situation.

I do. More feats will be posted below but yeah, I think Brock could survive it too.

In terms of stats he is at no disadvantage either. Leon was able to physically hold open the jaws of a 20 foot long mutated shark while underwater with no air, move giant boulders with Helena's assistance, and even supported the full weight of Del Lago on his leg long enough to sever the rope binding them together.

I disagree. I agree that Leon has more technical skill but I believe Brock is superior in most other categories. When it comes to strength, I am confident that Brock is superior. And while the 20 foot mutant shark thing is really badass, I don't believe the moving the bolder feat is impressive. Pushing something doesn't take as much strength as you'd think and considering he had assistance with it, I don't think it's particularly note worthy.

Loading Video...

Brock oneshots Tiger Shark with by picking him up and rapidly slamming him.

Loading Video...

Knocks out a guy by throwing a book, he also earlier in the same video knocks another guy out with boots. I think this is incredibly impressive considering he threw a BOOK with enough force for an instant KO.

Loading Video...

Here, Brock is playing a game of strip poker with a bunch of thugs, they try killing him and he trashes them all with just his clothes. He literally throws some of the huge fat ones and rapidly wraps a metal chair around one of their necks.

Loading Video...

Brock punches through two scientists skulls, then casually breaks the leader's arm.

Then in terms of speed, Leon has several pretty good bullet dodging feats to his name.

Now, the first three seem more to be speed feats. Leon is just outpacing the aim of the people firing at him, which is impressive, but I think we both can agree that Brock can do that as well.

The last two are harder for me to gauge well. The second to last one is really rapid but it looks like Leon looks back, sees the guy about to shoot, then tackles the gal. Gatling guns tend to have to spin up before they fire, which could have given Leon the indication to move. The last one looks like a pretty good bullet dodging feat but considering that's only one real showing so far, I think it's fair for me to assume at this point that Leon doesn't Casual react to bullets.

Samson has quite a few impressive impressive reaction feats.

Loading Video...

Brock's first time swimming, he has to avoid grenades and harpoons then kill two men and defeat a hammerhead shark. He actually catches a harpoon, and throws the hammerhead (and himself) out of the water. Also, note, this was early Brock, who is a lot less badass than current Brock.

Loading Video...

Brock dodges HELPER rapidly throwing knives. He also rips a dummy to use as a shield for a barrage of throwing stars, displaying some pretty great reflexes.

No Caption Provided

Brock is also incredibly fast, nearly catching a speeding X-1.

On my own I would like to point out that Brock has a substantial durability advantage.

I can't find a clip for it but in the episode "Hate Floats" Brock is fighting some of the Monarch's new gangster henchmen. He's caught totally off guard by them using guns because the Monarch's men aren't allowed to use guns, so he gets shot at like a 3 feet range and wakes up with the Phantom Limb who says he removed the bullet and during the surgery he found "three additional bullets, a blowgun dart, two shark's teeth, the tip of a bayonet, a twisted paper clip, and a meager handful of buckshot".

Loading Video...

here, Brock literally runs through a barrage of tran. darts from the Monarch's men. One tran. dart has been shown as more than enough to knock a person out in a few seconds, Brock tanks dozen and then gets rammed by a heavy armored truck, not before grabbing Speedy and holding him so tight that the Monarch's men can't pry Brock's grip. They later bury Brock alive, who, hour laters, emerges with Speedy still in his hand.

Loading Video...

Gets hit by a speeding car, casually gets up, then times a fall so that he can smush the driver.

Ultimately I believe that the only real advantage Leon has is skill, but I think that that advantage isnt enough of a difference to secure a win. Brock is physical superior in almost everyway, with exception being maybe speed and reflexes which one could argue they're equals. Brock's resilience, efficiency and strength I believe will secure him the win.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Sorry for the wait, my post is up and I forgot to take you. I think this is gonna take off now.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko: Sup.

I don't believe the moving the bolder feat is impressive. Pushing something doesn't take as much strength as you'd think and considering he had assistance with it, I don't think it's particularly note worthy.

Let's be real here. I can barely move my own mattress, let alone a gigantic, solid boulder that must have weighed like, 25 tons. Yes Leon had Helena's help, but she was never a very physically strong character, Kennedy was doing most of the heavy lifting, and to push something you're going to have to support at least a fraction of it's weight. Pushing that boulder is a superhuman feat, assuming it wasn't filled with air, it proves that Leon can support at least a few tons of weight.

Brock oneshots Tiger Shark with by picking him up and rapidly slamming him.

Tiger Shark doesn't seem like a very strong character in that clip. In fact, the entire scene portrays him as more of a joke character. Brock didn't even break the glass table when he slammed Tiger Shark, so I don't think this feat really matches up to Leon's feats. He could have probably done the same thing.

Knocks out a guy by throwing a book, he also earlier in the same video knocks another guy out with boots. I think this is incredibly impressive considering he threw a BOOK with enough force for an instant KO.

Hey, there's a reason they call them hardcovers. Again as impressive as knocking someone out with a book is, I don't think it's an entirely ridiculous showing. Again Kronk- I mean Brock is going to need more than that to be considered peak human.

Here, Brock is playing a game of strip poker with a bunch of thugs, they try killing him and he trashes them all with just his clothes. He literally throws some of the huge fat ones and rapidly wraps a metal chair around one of their necks.

This is a pretty cool skill showing, but it doesn't say much for strength. At best, throwing fat people and bending a metal chair is on the lower end of peak human, like Daredevil level in strength. I still think pushing the giant boulder is way more impressive, and these feats don't necessarily show that Brock could replicate that, whereas I don't think any of these feats are really out of Leon's ability.

Brock punches through two scientists skulls, then casually breaks the leader's arm.

Alright now that one is pretty impressive. It's worth mentioning that Leon's melee moves in-game are also known to make enemy heads explode.

Leon Making Heads Explode

You might say this is just gameplay mechanics, but the in-game stats of his attacks can range from equivalent to a shotgun, to more powerful than a magnum, so it is something to keep in mind.

Now, the first three seem more to be speed feats. Leon is just outpacing the aim of the people firing at him, which is impressive, but I think we both can agree that Brock can do that as well.

The last two are harder for me to gauge well. The second to last one is really rapid but it looks like Leon looks back, sees the guy about to shoot, then tackles the gal. Gatling guns tend to have to spin up before they fire, which could have given Leon the indication to move. The last one looks like a pretty good bullet dodging feat but considering that's only one real showing so far, I think it's fair for me to assume at this point that Leon doesn't Casual react to bullets.

Well just a bit of context, in the third and fifth gif, the bullets were definitely fired before Leon moved. It's more clear when there's audio, but you can see the soldiers firing and then Leon moving.

Even though the gif with Krauser is clearly aim dodging, that's still impressive considering Krauser was a skilled enough marksman to just barely miss a projectile coming towards him at near bullet speeds.

This was when Krauser was still human too. When he shot Leon, he was in control of a Master Plaga meaning his perception was much enhanced. So even if it isn't bullet timing, I would say that the speed to avoid gunfire from a trained and noteworthy marksman is still just as impressive.

The Ustanak is also aim dodging, but given the speed of a gatling gun bullet (that particular weapon never required wind up in the game) and the fact that he also saved Sherry without having to take the bullet himself, I'd say it's a pretty good feat.

Brock's first time swimming, he has to avoid grenades and harpoons then kill two men and defeat a hammerhead shark. He actually catches a harpoon, and throws the hammerhead (and himself) out of the water. Also, note, this was early Brock, who is a lot less badass than current Brock.

Catching a harpoon is very impressive, and throwing the hammerhead (plus himself) out of the water is a strength feat that I don't think Leon has a counter for. Still, Leon has more impressive and numerable reaction feats overall, and that's about the only strength feat that I'm prepared to admit Brock has over Leon.

When it comes to close quarters combat, Leon regularly battles superhumans on completely even ground. I already showed him outmaneuvering a licker while pinned to the ground and taking on Jack Krauser, both of which are unarguably much faster than Brock Samson. Below are various instances of Leon dodging Mr. X in close quarters, and Mr. X is quick enough to deflect assault rifle bullets off his arm, catch a missile between his fingers, catch a leaping licker by the head, and smack a cerberus dog out of the air. All in all the Tyrant is consistently painted as capable of moving it's limbs at supersonic speeds or above, and Leon easily outmaneuvers it at every turn.

Leon vs Tyrant 1

Leon vs Tyrant 2

Leon vs Tyrant 3

Leon vs Tyrant 4

Leon was also able to take on the Verdugo in Resident Evil 4, a super powerful creature who moves at blur/after image speeds and was attacking Leon with stealth. Leon was quick enough to react to it's tail stabbing through the ceiling and get out of the way the instant it happened, despite having no warning.

Loading Video...

If you think Brock is also capable of taking these guys on as well, then let me introduce you to Resident Evil 4's famous laser room. Leon is trapped in a tight corridor with barrages of laser beams racing towards him at super speeds and waving around vertically and horizontally, in a completely random pattern. With almost no time to react, Leon is able to analyze the path of each beam, and figure out a way to perfectly slip his body through each individual laser before they reach him.

Loading Video...

About that knife dodging feat, I don't think it's as impressive as Leon's bullet dodging feats. Brock didn't really maneuver through the knives or anything like that, he just ducked once. In a similar situation, Leon was able to sidestep his own knife after the Verdugo threw it at him at superhuman speeds. This was right after Leon threw the knife across the room and impaled Salazar's hand on the wall with perfect accuracy.

Loading Video...

Brock is also incredibly fast, nearly catching a speeding X-1.

He nearly caught up to a speeding plane? Chris Redfield DID catch up to a speeding plane in RE5, and any Resident Evil fan will tell you that Leon is much faster than Chris (at the cost of being much physically weaker).

Chris outruns a plane and makes Sheva eat his dust-

Loading Video...

Leon stalemates Chris in H2H combat-

Loading Video...

I can't find a clip for it but in the episode "Hate Floats" Brock is fighting some of the Monarch's new gangster henchmen. He's caught totally off guard by them using guns because the Monarch's men aren't allowed to use guns, so he gets shot at like a 3 feet range and wakes up with the Phantom Limb who says he removed the bullet and during the surgery he found "three additional bullets, a blowgun dart, two shark's teeth, the tip of a bayonet, a twisted paper clip, and a meager handful of buckshot".

So the bullet knocked him out? When Leon was still a rookie police officer during RE2 he was also shot, and even though he also fell unconscious, it was stated that he only did from the shock (it was his first day on the job). The actual pain and blood loss he was able to handle, and still think clearly enough to figure out a way to kill Crocodile-zilla immediately after with almost no supplies.

Later in his career during RE6 when he's a veteran secret agent and soldier, he took a barrage of Simmons' bone bullets to the back in order to protect Ada, which destroyed a train car earlier in the game, and then kept fighting like nothing happened.

Loading Video...

So once again I think Leon has the edge ;)

here, Brock literally runs through a barrage of tran. darts from the Monarch's men. One tran. dart has been shown as more than enough to knock a person out in a few seconds, Brock tanks dozen and then gets rammed by a heavy armored truck, not before grabbing Speedy and holding him so tight that the Monarch's men can't pry Brock's grip. They later bury Brock alive, who, hour laters, emerges with Speedy still in his hand.

Alright, I'll be honest, that's a great feat, no comment.

Gets hit by a speeding car, casually gets up, then times a fall so that he can smush the driver.

That's also pretty good, but Leon again has better. He was able to tank a hit from the G-Monster that sent him rocketing 50 feet away headfirst into a metal box, then got up and parkoured his way through a crowded platform before it collapsed.

Loading Video...

The G-Monster is strong enough to rend through plated steel like tissue paper and oneshot other RE peak humans, but not Leon.

The best part is that this feat is consistent. In those novel excerpts you can see that he tanked Crocodile-zilla ramming him and then falling onto his bullet wound (ouch). In Damnation he tanked hits from the Super Tyrant then getting thrown into a cement pillar, the same hits that were exploding Lickers earlier.

And in RE6 he tanked getting rammed by Simmons and managed to grab onto the ledge before falling, despite Simmons knocking Ada Wong completely unconscious with that same attack earlier.

Loading Video...

Earlier in the game Leon was also able to survive a massive gas explosion and regain consciousness before the mass of zombies were able to reach him. Helena on the other hand was right next to him when it happened, and the same explosion left her half dead, Leon had to half-carry her from that point on while also fighting zombies.

Loading Video...

So I'm gonna have to disagree with you when you say Brock definitely has better durability then Leon, when in fact Leon's durability is one of his best traits.

In the end, Leon's showings of skill and dexterity, particularly with a knife, outshine Brock's feats, and his stats are at worst close enough to compete. He's stalemated several of his world's greatest fighters and defeated the rest, and some of his feats are straight up superhuman.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leon wins with easy to the die

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers