CaV: KrleAvenger (Hal Jordan) VS HeirToTheKingdom (Thor) VOTING!

• 117 results
Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

KrleAvenger - Hal Jordan

No Caption Provided

HeirToTheKingdom - Thor

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• In Character.
  • Standard Knowledge about each other.
  • No BFR.
  • Worthy Thor
  • No Power Gem, Warrior Madness, Belt of Strength, Asgardian Armor or amps from Odin.
  • Pre-52/New 52 Hal Jordan.
  • No Multiple Rings, other emotional spectrum rings or Parallax.
  • Fight starts 100 feet/30 meters away from each other.

No Caption Provided

Indestructible Planet without sentient life with Earth-like Gravity and Atmosphere.

Rules for Voters and Audience

• This is a debate between the two of us, don't interfere with that.
  • Don't say who you think wins until the debate is completely over.
  • Keep your negative comments to yourself or at-least bring them forth when the debate is over.
  • Do not flood the thread with unneeded comments.
  • Don't vote for the user who used a character you think would win but the one who was better debater.
  • Please give us an explanation on why you voted for either of us. We need proof that you read the debate.
  • If you didn't gave an explanation for your vote and just said things like how either of us was a better debater/had the better argument, your vote will not count as a lot of people say that just for their vote to count without even reading the debate.
  • Asked to be tagged and you'll be reserved for voting at the end.
  • Even those who are not tagged and didn't asked to be tagged are still allowed to vote.
  • Enjoy!
TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheKinfing

Tag.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jay_z94

T4V please, this is gonna be great

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamingod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gamingod

@heirtothekingdom

i know you to be very good with debates, but i wish you were backing hal jordan

with that said, am gonna observe

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

"Don't say who you think wins until the debate is completely over"

Thor...

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamingod said:

@heirtothekingdom

i know you to be very good with debates, but i wish you were backing hal jordan

with that said, am gonna observe

Haha, thanks, however Thor is my favorite character and I think he has a better chance of victory here. :P

Avatar image for flashoftommorow
FlashofTommorow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag please.

LlehDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Geez @krleavenger repping GL I rate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T4v.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Np. Dang you repped both sides I never remember using a Marvel character in a CaV haha

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This gunna be awesome t4v. Good luck both of ya !

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By destinyman75

T4V . These are two of my all time favs so this should be good

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@krleavenger: Since you tagged me, do I still have to say T4V?( This would be my first CAV that isn't me skimming and not voting)

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: Damn bro, answer the team CaV haha, we´re the only ones left and then we can open for voting, but my turn is after you.

Also tag for votes please.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: This one

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/2v2-team-cav-kratos-and-thor-vs-spawn-and-daimon-h-1701333/

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Okay, what happened to the "No more powerful characters"?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By jumpstart55

Hmm quite the interesting matchup..I,m in.

No Caption Provided

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor Odinson

No Caption Provided

Initial Thoughts:

Okay, i'm just going to say from now, this post may be similar to one I used in a tournament and CaV that I didn't come to close to finishing, so if it looks similar that is the reason why. As for the powers & abilities section, that's pretty much the same section I use in every challenge a viner or tournament with Thor with some adjustments here and there every so often. Not so much for you as you are knowledgeable on Thor from what I know, but for voters so they know his capabilities well from the jump. With that being said, let's begin.

Powers & Abilities:

Thor has a plethora of abilities, though I am aware not all of them will come into play due to Thor's fighting style, not to mention some of them are out-dated. Even so, he has quite a deal of abilities that could come into play against Blue Marvel. These will all be addressed as the debate goes on.

• Super human strength: Thor possesses tremendous amounts of physical strength which allows him to accomplish feats which many in the Marvel universe couldn't replicate. 100 ton+++ range.
  • Invulnerability: Thor is capable of taking loads of punishment.
  • Superhuman speed: Though Thor isn't exactly as fast as most characters in his tier, he's still quite fast in his own regard.
  • Superhuman stamina: Thor's stamina is incredibly high to the point where he can fight for days or even months.
  • Weather manipulation: Against what many may believe, Thor can control the weather without the use of his hammer Mjolnir.
  • Earth manipulation: Due to Thor's mother Gaea being the Goddess of earth, Thor has control over it (though to a lesser degree).

Here you may find additional information.

No Caption Provided

Like I said above, Thor has abilities that come from his hammer that he wouldn't have on his own. Some of those powers and abilities that will play a role in this battle are presented below. Keep in mind, his hammer also enhances other abilities above to a greater degree.

• Flight: Thor is unable to fly on his own. He relies on spinning Mjolnir and then holding upon the handle to carry him where he wishes to go.
  • Energy projection: Mjolnir allows Thor to release powerful blasts of energy from it.
  • Energy absorption: Mjolnir is able to absorb large quantities of energy whether it be from an energy source, blast, or even the energy out of being.
  • God Blast: Thor can release his own godly energies into a blast.
  • Tracking: The hammer can also track energies from long distances away.
  • Opening portals: Mjolnir is able to open portals to get him from one spot to another.

Here is more info on the hammer of Thor, Mjolnir.

Feats:

Strength/Striking Force

Alright, i'm not going to dilly dally like I usually do, and exclude feats of Thor showing off his capabilities. I'm going to start this debate off by going straight into his physicals as well as his weather manipulation, so bear with me if this seems a little much for an opener. I don't want this to be a rather drawn out debate and would much rather we get some of our cards off from the beginning. I'll also be going into Thor's advantages, while somewhat engaging in how he obtains victory too.

Let's start with the most obvious advantage Thor has here, his raw strength. I'm going to say from now that if Hal chooses to engage Thor up close, he's going to be in quite some trouble as Lanterns usually do when met with his level of strength. To show you how physically imposing Thor is, I would like to take one of his most impressive striking feats done without the aide of Mjolnir. In "The Mighty Thor #7, we get a retelling of Thor. It explains how Loki made a viking name Bodolf have the power of a God, capable of fighting Thor. This viking would go on to beat Thor, but the Odinson would eventually come back and take back his win after a minor scuffle and beer and woman (young Thor was like that). Thor actually punches Bodolf with enough force to send him through the earth and come out the next side. The scan says moments later which can even indicate that Thor even struck him with enough force to not only send him through the planet, but also at high speeds. Remember to keep in mind that this was a young Thor who hadn't even obtained Mjolnir yet, so this is a very impressive showing.

Now, obviously him striking with a nigh indestructible hammer would do quite a good deal more damage, especially one enchanted with the Odin Force, so I think it's a good idea to show an impressive feat he accomplished with it.

During the Fear Itself storyline (in this case Avengers 2010 #14), Rulk went up against a amped Thing who was in possession of a hammer similar to Mjolnir. This not only upgraded his physical stats, but also gave him flight and energy projection. You can easily witness how much he was amplified as under normal circumstances Rulk has stomped Thing handily already, but in this case he was the one getting stomped here. Granted it was stated Rulk could have won if he used his energy absorption feats, it doesn't take away he was out-done in his own area, physical strength (got overpowered and failed to stop Thing's hammer strike). It also doesn't hurt to notice that Rulk was having a hard time causing Angrir any real lasting damage. As i'm pretty sure we both know, Rulk isn't no weakling, he's pretty powerful.

When we go to Fear Itself #5, Thor is in battle with both Angrir and Nul (amped Hulk), and what does he do? He one-shots Thing, not by striking him or throwing his hammer, but simply by calling Mjolnir to go through his chest, thus killing him in a single shot. I mean he did have Mjolnir strike him across the face earlier, but he essentially one-shotted him by allowing it to go through him.

Compare that to how Rulk faired and you can see the level of power Thor is wielding in this fight.

Speed

I'm well aware Thor is the laughing stock of Comicvine and the most made fun of character on this vine due to his speed. Though I agree he isn't exactly Superman (neither is Hal in my opinion) when it comes to speed, I think he's extremely underrated when it comes to speed, and that's something I hope I can change with this debate. I'm aware Hal is pretty fast, though I do think his speed is somewhat overestimated on the Vine, so I hope I change the out-look on that too. So let's start with the speed redemption of Thor by showing off a feat from Thor: First Thunder #4 where he casually catches a tank shell point blank as if it was nothing.

He's also not limited to only that feat alone as I have some more to pull from like completely blitzing Kang The Conquer with a blast of Mjolnir before he could react in Avengers (2010) #1. Funny thing is, Kang teleported there and caught the Avengers off-guard yet he was blitzed by Thor out of Avengers Tower down to the buildings below.

Finally, probably one of Thor's most impressive speed feats, he's capable of teleporting everyone on the battlefield to a next area during Avengers (2010) Annual #1. I'm going to explain something to show you what makes this feat so impressive. Whenever Thor teleports or opens portals, he has to spin Mjolnir first, which means while he was engaging in conversation with Atlas (big red guy), he was capable of spinning his hammer before anybody noticed (as it's not shown him doing it in the comic) and transport the villain team without them knowing until it was done.

I still have more feats to draw upon, but 3 feats should be more than enough to show that he's not as slow as he's made out to be and although Hal is faster, he's not to a degree with Thor cannot combat him at all.

Durability

One thing that Thor has that rivals his power is his durability. He's capable of taking severe punishments and fight on, some which would leave other characters in his class of power unconscious. I think Hal will ultimately have trouble keeping Thor down for the count due to this as he'll get back up if he's struck or blasted down time after time. His will to press on during times of battle is extremely high, so it's going take Hal all he's got to put down someone of his level. That's not to say, Thor can't take Hal's punishment long enough to take him out, because he very can and has shown this on multiple occasions. If Hal chooses to assault Thor with constructs, he's durable enough to tank them

In Thor (1998) #10 he was on the receiving end of an ass whooping from Perrikus the dark god. This was a character who possessed physicals above Thor, power above him and a scythe which was powerful enough to slice Mjolnir completely in two. I can't show as many scans I would hope to due to the scan rule, so I guess i'll just present the ones where Thor is getting utterly beat-down. I would like you to pay special attention to the second scan where Thor is able to take darts from Perrikus which weren't capable of going that deep into his flesh. I bring this up because i'm aware that Lanterns like to use some piercing attacks, so showing Thor's piercing durability is a necessity.

That should be enough to give you an idea of how durable Thor is, but i'm going to show one more batch of scans for this section so how he does against energy projection, because that's one of Lanterns main options. This brings me to Uncanny Avengers (2012) #4 where Thor is mind controlled by the Red Skull and his men to go up against the other Avengers, in-which he does. In this particular instance he goes up against Scarlet Witch who is then assisted by Havok in taking down Thor, which they find themselves completely unable to do. After throwing everything they have it him, he powers through it and Wanda has to proceed to an alternate route to take him down. She taps into the power of Chaos energy (you know the energy Chthon the Elder God is the master of) and proceeds to blast Thor into the sky and away from the battle, because well that's all she could hope to do. This attack also didn't seem to have a lot of effect on him other than sending him away as he came back afterwards pretty much unscathed (of course i'm missing out on some scans again because of the rule).

Weather Manipulation

Thor's manipulation over the weather is fantastic, and nothing short of powerful. He can control any form of weather whether it be rain, hail, snow, lightning, thunder, or wind. Obviously, he utilizes lightning bolts and wind far more often than he does the other as they are the ones that can be used combat oriented. Thor's lightning will prove some trouble for Hal to overcome not only because of their overall power, but the sheer area it can overcome. It can often catch swift characters off-guard, which is going to be something needed in tagging Hal. First let's start of by showing the sheer area the lightning bolts Thor has can span, which will undoubtedly let you know what distance Hal needs to be if Thor chooses to span them out. I'll grab an impressive feat he showed in Avengers Assemble #8 against none other than the Mad Titan Thanos. In this storyline, Thanos comes into possession of a Cosmic Cube and is pretty much seen as a galactic threat. Thor goes off to combat him so that the other Avengers can go to get help to take him down. In this time, he charges up a large lightning blast which is capable of taking up a good portion of Thanos's upper chest and the smolding which came afterwards may have made the effects seem somewhat larger, but it's still apparent that the blast upon impact took up plenty of space by spreading.

Yeah, i'm aware it did nothing to Cosmic Cube Thanos, however that wasn't my point. My point was to show how his lightning bolt can take up massive amounts of area. Now you may say, Thanos wasn't all that large, well if we go back one chapter to Avengers Assemble #7 we get a clear image of Thanos's true size and let me tell you, he's massive.

No Caption Provided

So essentially Thor should be capable of releasing lightning bolts, which may not catch Hal upon impact (I think some of them will), the impact of them hitting and the spreading out will catch him off-guard. Think of it as what occured in Secret Invasion #6 when Thor came and started striking down Super Skrulls left and right with lightning bolts. Those lightning bolts had some pretty impressive AOE attacks and spread throughout the ground.

Enough with that, Thor has large AOE lightning bolts is what you should get from that. Though when they do land, how exactly powerful can those lightning bolts be? Let's bring forth a feat which show fortify that Hal's constructs are going to have trouble taking these not to mention he himself is going to have issues getting back up after being struck with massive lightning bolts.

To bring forth the type of lightning Thor can muster, here is one of his most impressive feats to date. Here Odin literally seals off an entire dimension from the nine realms (used to be ten prior to this). Keep in mind Odin is a Skyfather. Original Sin #5.1

Thor then proceed so break this seal with a powerful cosmic storm. This lightning is more than capable of one-shotting anyone it hits in this battle, so if it's avoided that's your demise.

A lightning bolt capable of overcoming a seal Odin put up is nothing short of impressive and shows just why Thor is one of the most powerful beings on his earth. Hal is going to have trouble overcoming lightning of that level. With that being said, this ends my feat section.

Final Thoughts

This was a rather large post, however I think it means that in my next post I want have to go into as much detail as usual. This saves me a lot of time as well as makes it quicker on the replies from here on. I've went over Thor's striking force, speed, durability and weather manipulation (only lightning here), although I want to touch on his other abilities like energy manipulation and wind control too. Speed was an aspect which needed special attention due to Thor's underestimation, I hope to crack that even more in my next post. I also went into some detail on Thor's advantages and how it will be difficult for Hal to get through them, not to mention how these advantages will take Thor to victory. Next post will definitely elaborate on this more, so until then, this large post will have to do.

Your turn @krleavenger

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: Very nice opener bro, you brought up some feats that I never noticed even though I had already read the issues, like Thor´s lightning breaking the seal Odin made or the teleportation from Avengers Annual, nice job.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom
Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Am I the only one noticing a change in the text on CV?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Seems like they went Comic Sans on the text lol. But I'll stop with the derailing. Good luck in this CaV. You have a really tough opponent.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vertigo-
Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers