#1 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

Ladies and gentlemen! Boy oh boy, do we have a battle for you tonight! In one corner we have Katana, the sword wielding beauty. Facing off against the shell crusher, the real OG turtle slayer, Shredder! This battle will take place on a city roof top.

No Caption Provided

• Currernt IDW Shredder
  • Pre 52 Katana
  • Standard gear
  • 10 feet apart
  • Morals on
  • No prep
No Caption Provided

@jwalser3

VS.

@tparks

No Caption Provided

Everything look good bro? @tparks

#2 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Looks awesome! I probably won't have my first post up until tomorrow night, but I'm looking forward to this. If you are ready and want to go first, that's fine with me too. If not, expect to hear from me late tomorrow around this time with the first post.

#3 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Alrighty! Let's get this started!

No Caption Provided

So Katana A.K.A Tatsu Yamashiro, is a Japanese beauty. With her husband killed and his soul trapped inside her sword, the Soul Taker, she has trained to become a deadly assassin to avenge her late husband. Now this Soul Taker isn't an ordinary sword you see. It has a magical aspect to it, when it kills someone is obtains their soul with in the blade itself. It is also very durable, sharp, and strong.

I bring this up because well, Shredder is covered in armor. But Katana should be able to easily pierce/cut right through his helmet and gauntlets.

Here she is piercing the body of an OMAC
Here she is piercing the body of an OMAC

So Shredder's armor won't be up for the challenge. Then there is her skill....

Vs. Lady Shiva

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6
She not only stalemates Shiva, but tanks her own sword to the chest and defeats Soul Taker from within

Vs. Black Lantern husband

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Vs. Assassins

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Just to give you an idea on her skill level. I'd say she is on par with Shredder.

I don't know how fast Shredder is so you'll need to post some combat speed feats. Because as of right now I'd say Katana has this in combat speed.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She can easily dodge and deflect bullets like it's nothing. Plus when she cut Green Arrows arrow, notice how close the arrow was to Batgirl and where Katana was.

But if that doesn't impress you here she is deflecting lightbeams.

No Caption Provided

So I don't know if Shredder can keep up with her ;P But I'm going to let you get your argument in because I hate the idea of the first post having so many scans.

#4 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by patrat18 (11738 posts) - - Show Bio

Katana stomps.

#6 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Ssshhhh wait till voting my friend :)

#7 Edited by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Sorry, I've been busy with work, and my sister in law went into early labor and had her baby while I was in the middle of my post. I had to get to the hospital and I lost everything I typed. I've got a few posts that I need to get to tonight, and this one is on the list. Sorry for the delay!

#8 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Don't worry about it. Just curious where you went, didn't want to scare you off.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43141 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
#10 Edited by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Let's get this started! Great opener, I'm looking forward to this. I'll put a few feats up before I get into our debate.

The Shred-head!

I'll start off with a basic summary of who IDW's Shredder is.

Shredder is currently in his third lifetime. In all three of his lifetimes, including his current life, he has been the best martial artist in IDW's universe (arguably Splinter can match him). In all three of his lifetimes, he has claimed the sole leadership of the Foot Clan. In IDW's new TMNT mythos, reincarnations retain all past live's experiences. For example, Shredder needs little training to be a master martial artist, because he has already experienced 2 previous lifetime's devoted to his abilities. All of his previous feats carry with him. This gives him a huge advantage in experience over any combatant he will ever face.

Basically, no matter how much Katana has trained in her fighting abilities, she will never reach the exposure Shredder has had due to his multiple lives.

On to some feats!

Shredder showing Karai and a group of her Foot soldiers why he's in charge

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

I chose to put this one first, as I think Karai is very similar in sword fighting ability as Katana. She may not have quite as many feats to prove this yet, but I can dig up several scans that show her abilities if you are unfamiliar with her.

Anyways, Shredder makes very quick work of her and a group of foot soldiers. He is armed with nothing but his armor. He has shown that he is very skilled at taking down katana wielding enemies, which is bad news for Katana.

Shredder completely unarmed defeats Leonardo

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Leonardo is the best of the turtles. He can take on all three of his brothers at once with ease. He has also taken on hordes of Foot Soldiers on his own. His ability with a sword is incredible enough that he was able to slice through Krang's armor. Shredder is completely unarmored in this fight, but he beats Leo with ease. This shows how he is able to disarm even the most trained users of katanas. This also showcases his strength as he can easily hold Leonardo with one hand, and casually toss him off of the side of the building.

Taking out Splinter who is armed with a Katana

If his previous opponents with opponents using katanas were not impressive, this one definitely can not be overlooked. Splinter has low level superhuman physicals, and is living his second lifetime of being a master martial artist. Splinter is a good step above peak human, yet Shredder is able to deflect and dodge his attacks. Shredder disarms and puts Splinter down. I'm confident that Shredder could do this to anyone if he can do this to Splinter.

I'll save more scans for later posts. On to debunking your claims.

Your arguments

I bring this up because well, Shredder is covered in armor. But Katana should be able to easily pierce/cut right through his helmet and gauntlets.

Shredder's armor does give a pretty good advantage with durability, but Shredder should not have to worry too much about being attacked. Shredder has killed hundreds of katana wielding opponents without being touched. Shredder is so talented at facing katana wielding opponents that he no longer needs to carry a sword himself. Even if her sword can pierce Shredder's armor, Shredder will not need his armor to deflect Katana's attacks, he will simply dodge Katanas attacks and use his armor as a weapon. Shredder is very skilled at taking out opponents with his bladed gauntlets he wears. Katana is nothing new to him and will have no surprises that Shredder has not seen before. Katana's sword may be able to pierce Shredder's armor, but she will never connect with him, so it really doesn't matter.

I don't know how fast Shredder is so you'll need to post some combat speed feats. Because as of right now I'd say Katana has this in combat speed.

If you see my scans of Shredder taking down Karai and her group of foot soldiers, you will see that Shredder's combat speed is top tier street level. He takes out 4 foot soldiers and Karai in seconds.

You can also see his speed while fighting Leo in my scans above. He is able to side step a sprinting Leo, disarm Leo during his attacks, and put Leo off balance to finish him off. Leo has shown himself to be an incredible bullet/laser timer too, so he is definitely no slow poke. Leo has also used his sword to cut down multiple arrows shot simultaneously in mid-flight that were shot by Karai. If you've been following the new series, you'd see that Karai has several archery feats that look like they should be in a Green Arrow comic too. Shredder is very capable of taking on opponents with similar speed feats as Katana.

In Shredder's fight with Splinter, he is able to quickly back away from a huge katana swing that Splinter uses and is left untouched before he disarms Splinter and kicks him to the ground. Splinter has feats that show him quickly jumping through a laser security system and cutting down an arrow from Karai that was shot at him in mid-flight. These are all similar to what you posted of Katana, yet Shredder has had no problem putting all of them down.

Closing

Shredder has fought a multitude of opponents that are very similar, almost identical, to Katana. Every fight, Shredder has come out on top. He has faced the best katana wielding opponents his universe has to offer over the course of three lifetimes and beaten them all and his universe is a universe full of ninjas. Katana will have no surprises for Shredder. Shredder will make quick work of her. He's beaten hundreds of opponents that do the same things she does.

#11 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks:

Shredder is currently in his third lifetime. In all three of his lifetimes, including his current life, he has been the best martial artist in IDW's universe (arguably Splinter can match him). In all three of his lifetimes, he has claimed the sole leadership of the Foot Clan. In IDW's new TMNT mythos, reincarnations retain all past live's experiences. For example, Shredder needs little training to be a master martial artist, because he has already experienced 2 previous lifetime's devoted to his abilities. All of his previous feats carry with him. This gives him a huge advantage in experience over any combatant he will ever face.

While it is impressive, and did my home work(checked out your respect thread) Katana has held her own against some one of such caliber.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She was able to hold her own against Ra's Al Ghul. You know, the guy who has been around for seven centuries and has mastered various weapons. So some one with 3 lives shouldn't be a huge problem.

Anyways, Shredder makes very quick work of her and a group of foot soldiers. He is armed with nothing but his armor. He has shown that he is very skilled at taking down katana wielding enemies, which is bad news for Katana.

I hate to use this kind of logic, but seriously. Katana > Canon fodder. Sure Karia may be something more than canon fodder but what has she done to put her on Katana's level?

Shredder completely unarmed defeats Leonardo

It's impressive. I was sure Leonardo was the best of the four. But as I guessed Leo wasn't focusing. He states he was in to much rage to focus. I know he tried tofocus , but come on. Even in the artwork you can tell he was still p!ssed off. I think it's safe to assume that Leonardo wasn't fighting as good as he could in that fight. Because the angrily slashing a sword around will have a different outcome then strategically thinking and fighting calmly.

Unlike when Katana fought Deathstroke...

Not only did she get the drop on him, she also dodges his attack and cuts he chest.

I don't know what stats Leo has, but Deathstroke does in fact have heightened senses and reflexes. Since she did such things is rad. Deathstroke is in a whole other league.

Taking out Splinter who is armed with a Katana

While it is impressive it does mention on how Splinter is tired and old. Just saying, plus lets look above at Katana having a brief battle with some one above peak human stats.

Now I notice you say Shredder's armor gives him good durability. Wrong. Her katana is not the same stuff Shredder is used to fighting against. It's not the same as Leo's.

Leo's katans couldn't do such things as these.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't know if you're familiar with OMACs but they're pretty tough cookies. Shredder's armor will not be an issue. You also say Katana won't be able to tag him. Since she has tagged bullet timers I don't see why it won't be any different. To be honest you haven't really shown any speed feats other than using ABC logic. While I've shown she can can react to bullets and such.

You can also see his speed while fighting Leo in my scans above. He is able to side step a sprinting Leo, disarm Leo during his attacks, and put Leo off balance to finish him off.

1. What's Leo's running speed, why should that be impressive?
  2. Leo was again, enraged and wasn't focusing properly. Some one whaling their fists at you is not only uncoordinated but also very predictable.

Leo has shown himself to be an incredible bullet/laser timer too, so he is definitely no slow poke.

Has Leo deflected bullets before? Because Katana has many, many times. From multiple shooters with automatics.

In Shredder's fight with Splinter, he is able to quickly back away from a huge katana swing that Splinter uses and is left untouched before he disarms Splinter and kicks him to the ground. Splinter has feats that show him quickly jumping through a laser security system and cutting down an arrow from Karai that was shot at him in mid-flight. These are all similar to what you posted of Katana, yet Shredder has had no problem putting all of them down.

Moving speed =/= Combat speed.

You say "he is able to quickly back away from a huge katana swing" then bring up that Splinter can dodge lasers. It doesn't make sense.Unless Splinter can deflect a laser then it will amount to something. Because Katana has deflected arrows, bullets, and lasers before.

Shredder has fought a multitude of opponents that are very similar, almost identical, to Katana. Every fight, Shredder has come out on top. He has faced the best katana wielding opponents his universe has to offer over the course of three lifetimes and beaten them all and his universe is a universe full of ninjas. Katana will have no surprises for Shredder. Shredder will make quick work of her. He's beaten hundreds of opponents that do the same things she does.

(At the bold) He has not fought anyone on her stats. Those army of ninjas don't come close to amounting to Katana.

I'm really enjoying this battle so far, lol. Good job.

#12 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: I'm here, I don't have much time to get these longer posts done during the day and my computer crashed while I was in the middle of the last comment. I've got to start all over! Oh well, here we go...

She was able to hold her own against Ra's Al Ghul. You know, the guy who has been around for seven centuries and has mastered various weapons. So some one with 3 lives shouldn't be a huge problem.

Well, this is....this is just a good point. lol. I do think that Shredder is still the superior fighter, but this might not be as quick of a fight as I originally thought. I'll go through why I think he is superior to Katana through out this post.

I hate to use this kind of logic, but seriously. Katana > Canon fodder. Sure Karia may be something more than canon fodder but what has she done to put her on Katana's level?

Sure, I get that the foot clan soldiers end up being cannon fodder for the most part, but Karai is not canon fodder at all. She trained herself as a child to become the most deadly ninja in IDW's universe until she resurrected Shredder. She uses several fighting styles that she has blended into her own unique style. She is a master with both katanas and a bow. Here, she proves that she is better then Dark Leo. She only lets Leo win out of fear of Shredder. IMHO, I consider Karai a top tier street level martial artist. (Sorry, for the awkward placement of the images, but I had to upload these and it doesn't let me arrange them neatly on the original upload, I'll come back and edit them so they fit better)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's impressive. I was sure Leonardo was the best of the four. But as I guessed Leo wasn't focusing. He states he was in to much rage to focus. I know he tried tofocus , but come on. Even in the artwork you can tell he was still p!ssed off. I think it's safe to assume that Leonardo wasn't fighting as good as he could in that fight. Because the angrily slashing a sword around will have a different outcome then strategically thinking and fighting calmly.

This may be true about Leo being angry, but it didn't stop him from taking out a whole horde of ninjas just before this. Also, Shredder made this look incredibly easy. It took him no effort to completely embarrass the most skilled of the turtles. Just to back up that this was not only won as a fluke showing against an angry Leo, here he is taking on all four turtles at once.

While it is impressive it does mention on how Splinter is tired and old. Just saying, plus lets look above at Katana having a brief battle with some one above peak human stats.

Splinter was very tired here, but his age has never been a real factor in any of his fights. But, Splinter was also more determined then he has ever been in this fight, and he had intentions to actually kill shredder here. Splinter usually never resorts to killing, but he had decided that the only way to protect his family, was to end Shredder for good. If anything, this was the most dangerous Splinter has ever been even if he was tired, but Shredder still beats him.

Now I notice you say Shredder's armor gives him good durability. Wrong. Her katana is not the same stuff Shredder is used to fighting against.

Leo's sword may not be as deadly as Katana's, but it has done this to Krang's armor. If it can do that to Krang's armor, then it definitely could do that to Shredder, but he has not had to rely on his armor to win.

No Caption Provided

Shredder does not use his armor so much for defense, as he does for slicing and stabbing his opponents. Shredder will just simply not get touched by katana, he's fought hundreds of katana wielding enemies, including Splinter, Leo, and Karai. He has beaten them all. Here is how he will use his armor.

• In the first scan, Shredder kills two katana wielding Savate enemies with one swing of his bladed gauntlet
  • In the second scan, Shredder kills two more Savate enemies with his gauntlets in one strike.

To be honest you haven't really shown any speed feats other than using ABC logic. While I've shown she can can react to bullets and such.

1. What's Leo's running speed, why should that be impressive?
  2. Leo was again, enraged and wasn't focusing properly. Some one whaling their fists at you is not only uncoordinated but also very predictable.

Has Leo deflected bullets before? Because Katana has many, many times. From multiple shooters with automatics.

I wasn't trying to necessarily show that Leo's running speed is real impressive, I was trying to prove that Shredder fights characters with the same combat speed as Katana and wins. Your using feats of Katana dodging Lasers, well Leo has similar feats, but he was no problem for Shredder. That's not really ABC logic, it just proves that Katana being able to dodge lasers doesn't really mean anything in this fight because it hasn't done anything for the characters he's fought to help them.

Here's Leo and all the turtles dodging lasers that Shredder has beaten without any problems. All the turtles also use their weapons to block lasers too, which are in these scans. There are tons of these, including Leo blocking a bunch of arrows with his sword (I think 6) shot by Karai from near point blank range. I didn't include all of them because I didn't want to fill this post with turtle scans. (again, sorry for the sloppy scans, I'll edit this so it looks cleaner.)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

On top of all of this, Shredder has also dodged a bullet from near point blank range. He was also fast enough to close the distance to the Savate leader and cut off his hand before he could fire a second bullet.

No Caption Provided

Just to show how much experience he has fighting enemies who use katanas, here he is killing hordes of them single-handedly in his first lifetime. Sure, they are probably not at Katana's level, but there are literally hundreds of them that he kills.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

In this feat alone, he shows he has a huge abundance of fighting with characters with similar fighting styles to katana and has never lost. His win streak against characters using katanas also include characters who have similar feats as Katana like Karai, Leo, and Splinter. Any three of those would give Katana a great match. IMHO, Splinter a much more dangerous opponent then Katana with his Superhuman physicals and master level of martial arts over multiple lifetimes.

#14 Edited by AllStarSuperman (43141 posts) - - Show Bio

shredder and Katana are both awesome!

#15 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Okay lets finish this up, shall we? But don't worry about the lateness. :P

Well, this is....this is just a good point. lol. I do think that Shredder is still the superior fighter, but this might not be as quick of a fight as I originally thought. I'll go through why I think he is superior to Katana through out this post.

Damn straight! Hahaha, but of course you think Shredder is superior, you're defending him. :p

This may be true about Leo being angry, but it didn't stop him from taking out a whole horde of ninjas just before this. Also, Shredder made this look incredibly easy. It took him no effort to completely embarrass the most skilled of the turtles. Just to back up that this was not only won as a fluke showing against an angry Leo, here he is taking on all four turtles at once.

It's impressive, no doubt in that. But just curious, what happened after Raph tackled him?

Leo's sword may not be as deadly as Katana's, but it has done this to Krang's armor. If it can do that to Krang's armor, then it definitely could do that to Shredder, but he has not had to rely on his armor to win.

I don't know how strong Krang's armor is, but OMACs have been able to hang with Black Lighting, Geo Force, etc.

• In the first scan, Shredder kills two katana wielding Savate enemies with one swing of his bladed gauntlet

I don't know if you're trying to imply that since he can beat people with katanas that he'll beat Katana. Lol, not in the slightest.

No Caption Provided

So uhm, this is awkward..... See I hated when this other user used this argument on another CAV. BUT. Are they that bad of a shot? I see Casey in the mix and IIRC he's just an average human. I'm kind of iffy on that scan to be honest.

On top of all of this, Shredder has also dodged a bullet from near point blank range. He was also fast enough to close the distance to the Savate leader and cut off his hand before he could fire a second bullet.

No Caption Provided

While that is uber impressive, Shredder didn't actually dodge it. He just pushed Leo out of the way....But I'll take it! As for the part were he takes out the gunmen hands.

No Caption Provided

She did something similar, except 4x better.

In this feat alone, he shows he has a huge abundance of fighting with characters with similar fighting styles to katana and has never lost. His win streak against characters using katanas also include characters who have similar feats as Katana like Karai, Leo, and Splinter

It's a pretty rad feat man! Katana hasn't faced a whole army, but if she was to fight waves, upon waves of enemies she could handle it. I say that because it is obvious Shredder didn't fight them all off at ounce.

This fight is great man! But let's get real here for a mintue, Katana fights meta-humans, assassins, vampires, etc. daily. Shredder is no joke but after a long and amazing fight Katana will come out on top.

#16 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3:

It's impressive, no doubt in that. But just curious, what happened after Raph tackled him?

You must have done your homework! Shredder did lose this match to the Turtles when they teamed up on him. It also turned out that Shredder let them win though. After this point, Shredder saw the leadership qualities in Leo that he thinks Karai is lacking. He decided here that he wanted Leo to be his Chunin, so he let the turtles win so he could capture Leo later when he had the assistance of Katsune to put Leo under her spell and make him Dark Leo. That is why I did not include the end of that battle in the post, because it really doesn't have anything to do with Shredder's abilities.

I don't know how strong Krang's armor is, but OMACs have been able to hang with Black Lighting, Geo Force, etc.

Absolutely. The OMAC feat is definitely more impressive then cutting Krang. The only point I'm trying to make is that Leo does have the ability to shred (pun intended) Shredder's armor, but he has been unable to do so because Shredder doesn't rely on his armor so much for defense as he does offense. His armor is more of a weapon then it is protection. Shredder is too skilled to leave something like the quality of his armor to be his fate, he's going to use his skills to avoid attacks and create openings for his own attacks to win this fight. My previous scans show that he didn't need his armor to beat Leo too.

I don't know if you're trying to imply that since he can beat people with katanas that he'll beat Katana.

Not just people, but characters like Splinter and Leo who have superhuman physicals and are both masters with katanas, Splinter even more so then Leo. I haven't really seen anything that Katana can do that the characters Shredder has faced and beaten can not do.

So uhm, this is awkward..... See I hated when this other user used this argument on another CAV. BUT. Are they that bad of a shot? I see Casey in the mix and IIRC he's just an average human. I'm kind of iffy on that scan to be honest.

Understandable, but there are tons of these kind of feats. There are tons of scans of the turtles dodging bullets and lasers, I'll post them if you need to see them, but I don't want to flood this thread with turtle scans. so don't judge their abilities on this scan alone. If you look at some of the above posts, you can see that they even can use their weapons to deflect the lasers. I'll put the two that I posted earlier here.

• Scan 1: Leo deflects a laser with his katana and Mikey deflects two with one nunchuck
  • Scan 2: Raph deflects a laser with his sai

If you would like to see more scans of the turtles being bullet/laser dodgers, I can dig up some scans. Maybe the one you pointed out wasn't real impressive, but I'm not convinced that Katana is any more impressive at these kind of feats. Someone with feats like this has never made a difference when they've fought Shredder, so while it is an impressive feat and makes her character that much more awesome, I don't think it is relevant in this match as it has never aided Shredder's opponents.

While that is uber impressive, Shredder didn't actually dodge it. He just pushed Leo out of the way....But I'll take it! As for the part were he takes out the gunmen hands.

I'll give you that it was more of a push then a dodge, but it does show his reaction time and speed none the less. That's the only time Shredder has been shot at so far in IDW's series. I really need a character to pick up a gun and start shooting at Shredder so I can finally use him in debates with ranged weapon users. I'm getting off topic here....lol

No Caption Provided

She did something similar, except 4x better.

That is really cool! I have no arguments against that. I need to start reading some Katana stuff after this CAV because you've peaked my interest. When this thread is over, you're going to have to recommend some good Katana issue to me. Anyways, I would say that puts Shredder and Katana pretty even on the reaction time scale. I don't think there is any way I could say Shredder's was faster, or Katana's was faster. I can only say they were both awesome.

It's a pretty rad feat man! Katana hasn't faced a whole army, but if she was to fight waves, upon waves of enemies she could handle it. I say that because it is obvious Shredder didn't fight them all off at ounce.

It's pretty much implied that he faced the whole army at once, but some of it is off-panel, so I guess it's impossible to say. Maybe Katana could do it too, my only point is that Shredder faced a whole army of opponents, and all of them were using the same weapon Katana uses (well not as special or powerful as hers, but it's used in the same way). I'm not going to claim that if they were as skilled as Katana, that he could still pull this off, I'm only making the point that he is well aware of what a katana user is capable of and will be very ready for this fight.

While I do think that Shredder and Katana are pretty similar in reaction times, I think Shredder has got the advantage in strength in this match up.

• Scan 1: Shredder holds Raph in the air by his throat with one hand with ease. Raph is the larger of the turtles.
  • Scan 2: Shredder holds Leo by the throat and casually tosses him off of the roof.
  • Scan 3 & 4: Shredder holds Casey Jones with one hand and uses his other hand to stab him in the chest with his other hand's gauntlet

In the comic world, these strength feats are really not anything to write home about, but it is worth mentioning in this match. The ease at which he does these strength feats is what makes them impressive, and I believe this is something that Katana would not be strong enough to do. This may not be a huge advantage through most of the fight, but if Shredder was to disarm Katana like he is known to do to his opponents, then Katana is going to be in a lot of trouble. She will never be able to match his strength in a brawl. Couple this with his bladed gauntlets, mastery of hand to hand combat, and size advantage, this fight will be over real quick if she becomes disarmed.

I don't really have much more to add unless you have anything else to point out. This CAV has been really awesome. This has been one of the most fun threads I've done on this site.

#17 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Well I'm pretty much done with this as well. Nothing more I need to add in. It was a pretty fun debate. We got to do it again. Also, if you're looking to get into Katana, you should read

Keep away from the New 52 Katana series, it's terrible. But I'm ready to open votes when you are.

#18 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@tparks: Well I'm pretty much done with this as well. Nothing more I need to add in. It was a pretty fun debate. We got to do it again. Also, if you're looking to get into Katana, you should read

Keep away from the New 52 Katana series, it's terrible. But I'm ready to open votes when you are.

I'll check those out, thanks. Ya, I'm ready to open it.

#19 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...

I'll take @tparks. His highlighting of Shredder's experience against sword wielding opponents and his other impressive physical skills really, I thought, gave him the victory.

#21 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

Jwalser3 - 0

Tparks - 1

#22 Posted by sync1 (3262 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks gets my vote. I think he perfectly highlighted just how dangerous Shredder and the rest of the TMNT IDW universe is, and how Shredder's capabilities will lead him to win this battle.

#24 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

Jwalser3 - 1

Tparks - 2

#25 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43141 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote Tparks

#26 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

Jwalser3 -1

Tparks -3

#27 Posted by HigorM (8911 posts) - - Show Bio

and the vote goes to:

@tparks

He did a good job explaining his character and presenting a solid strategy showing how he can win this battle.

Nice debate with two characters I know close to nothing about, always good to come into such fight to learn more about them..

Congratz to both!

#28 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

Jwalser3 - 1

Tparks - 4

@tparks Should we end the votes now? :P

#30 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: If you want to. We can keep it open for a while now that we have bumped it with these comments if you want to see if anyone else votes, but it's not a big deal either way.

#31 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: I don't know. You kinda won with a 4 to 1 :P

#32 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: OK..Yay! lol. This was a really fun CAV for me, we will have to do another one sometime. I'm also surprised that I got more votes. I honestly thought you were going to win when I reread our match.

#33 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Maybe another, Kaiju battle perhaps?

#34 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: I don't think I could do a Kaiju battle. Here's a list of what I can probably do without having to do too much researching beforehand:

1. Invincible (and various characters from his universe)
  2. Astounding Wolf-Man
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy: Starlord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, etc...
  4. TMNT IDW Universe Characters: Turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Karai, etc...
  5. Nova Prime - Richard Rider
  6. Roland Deschain
  7. Luther Strode or The Librarian
#35 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Astounding Wolf-Man sounds interesting. I'll get back to you on that. PM is stats.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
#36 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
#38 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks:

didn't read it before I knew if I would have to vote

#39 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43141 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks:

didn't read it before I knew if I would have to vote

Fair enough. I was just curious.

@betatesthighlander1: its really good anyway, you should still read through it

Thanks! We're in the middle of setting up a rematch. @jwalser3 debating for Tarzan vs Jonah Hex (me). I can tag you when we start it if you're interested.

#41 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43141 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: sure, is jonan hex get guns? is tarzan really that skilled?

#42 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

He's using guns. You'll have to ask @jwalser3, I admittedly do not know much about the comic version of Tarzan. I read the novel by Boroughs when I was a kid, but that's about it.

#43 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@allstarsuperman said:

He's using guns. You'll have to ask @jwalser3, I admittedly do not know much about the comic version of Tarzan. I read the novel by Boroughs when I was a kid, but that's about it.

Yeah he can use guns, Tarzan can manage :)

But I was using various feats from comics, novels, and the tv show since it's a public domain and all in the same universe.