CAV : Haunt (King_Hellstorm) VS Baoh (SMXLR8)

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Introduction

Hello and welcome to another Comic vs Manga CAV . it's always good to have these kinds of debate with 2 different forms of comics from west and east . Lets meet the fighters shall we

Haunt
Haunt

No Caption Provided

Baoh
Baoh

Rules

no prep , both are in character , standard gear and wear for both , random encounter , both characters are at their normal states

Location - Ware House

The ware house is empty , both characters are at the other end of ware house but know the other one is there somewhere

No Caption Provided

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2 higherpower  Moderator

T4V, these guys look cold.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

T4V

kotetsu454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea who either of these 2 are.... eh screw it T4V.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SMXLR8

[Round 1] Ikuro Hashizawa AKA Baoh

No Caption Provided

BIO

Ikuro Hashizawa was an average teenage boy, until he got in a near fatal car accident with his parents. His nearly dead body was taken by the Judas corporation and injected with the parasite known as Baoh. Baoh's incredible power saved Ikuro's life, and he was supposed to be a subject for experiments in creating a deadly human weapon. However, he was freed in transit when the young psychic girl Violet freed him from his chamber. On the run from Judas, he would dedicate his time to escaping from Judas and protecting Violet.

Origins

Baoh is a parasitic worm that speeds up evolution. The worm is mostly dormant, waiting to reach it's mature adult stage so that it can lay eggs and reproduce. However, when it needs to protect it's host from mortal danger, it will temporarily take over the host's body and greatly enhance it's physical capabilities.

Strength

This is Baoh in the early stages but it increased Ikuro strength enough to break a mans arm and throw him off a train

Speed and Durability

More early stages feats , Ikuro dodges bullets and is unfazed by being electrified by a train's powerline

Regeneration

Still in the early stages of Baoh , Ikuro regenerates a stab wound a short while after being stabbed

Conclusion

This is just a sample of what Baoh can do to it's host . Ikuro gains other ability's as Baoh gets to more further stages with more time . I don't know what Haunt brings to the table so I'm going hold my cards until it's needed

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheWatcherKing  Online

kek,t4v.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: Great. Mine will be up in 3 days tops.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Haunt!

Bio:

Haunt is a fictionalcomic book superhero who appeared in a self-titled ongoing series published by Image Comics. Created by Todd McFarlane and Robert Kirkman, the series debuted in October 2009[1] and ended in December 2012 after 28 issues. The comic was originally written by Kirkman with pencils by Ryan Ottley, layouts by Greg Capullo, and inks by McFarlane.[2]Joe Casey and Nathan Fox took over as the book's creative team as of Haunt #19.[3]

The book's eponymous main character is the merged form of Catholic priest Daniel Kilgore, and the ghost of his murdered secret agent brother, Kurt.[4]

Wikipedia

Think of him like Anti-Venom's younger brother from another mother.

Stats:

Since we are keeping the openers short, I will only use 2 or 3 scans to demonstrate Haunt's abilities.

Strength:

For strength, Haunt is very superhuman and very brutal. He can dissect and smash through human bodies like tissue paper.

No Caption Provided

This is something he does throughout his series.

No Caption Provided

He also has striking strength that allows him to punch a man through a wall.

No Caption Provided

Speed:

Haunt is surprisingly fast. Like really fast. He is a casual bullet timer.

No Caption Provided

Here he is blocking bullets while on the move, he blocks bullets from multiple directions without fully paying attention.

No Caption Provided

Durability:

Not only is Haunt quick, but he is tough too. So even catching him doesn't guarantee that you can hurt him. Like I showed earlier bullets don't harm him at all.

No Caption Provided

And an RPG doesn't keep him down

Ectoplasm:

With all that said, one must remember that Haunt's suit is malleable and not only amps his stats but allows him to perform feats such as lowing a car from building height (which doubles as a strength feat).

No Caption Provided

Turning this superhuman into a kebab.

No Caption Provided

And turning into a glider.

No Caption Provided

Conclusion:

I have nothing much to say since you are still holding some feats back, but from what I can see currently, it seems as if Haunt is better than Baoh in most categories.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: Done, and not even one day passed.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SMXLR8

[Round 2] Baoh The Bio Weapon

No Caption Provided

Ok now that the Introductions are out of the way , it's time to show what Baoh can do!

Addressing strength

For strength, Haunt is very superhuman and very brutal. He can dissect and smash through human bodies like tissue paper.

To be fair both of our characters can do that no problem , what is different is how it's done .

No Caption Provided

As you can see Baoh is strong enough to penetrate the human skull and smash heads while also ripping a neck . For this I say both our characters are equal in this regard.

He also has striking strength that allows him to punch a man through a wall.

Again both characters can do this , Baoh went through car roof without transforming so you can only imagine the strength when he does transform

No Caption Provided

Addressing Durability

Not only is Haunt quick, but he is tough too. So even catching him doesn't guarantee that you can hurt him. Like I showed earlier bullets don't harm him at all.

Same as Baoh in fact Baoh has a defense mechanism when it needs to protect it's host

No Caption Provided

He was shot multiple times but was ok , in fact he was ready to get payback to thugs that shot him in the first place so bullets don't work on him either add that to the muscle control to push all the bullets out

Addressing Speed

Haunt is surprisingly fast. Like really fast. He is a casual bullet timer.

Both of our characters are so we can pretty much move on from this

Here he is blocking bullets while on the move, he blocks bullets from multiple directions without fully paying attention.

Both our characters can block and dodge bullets so this another thing we can move on from . This also doubles as a speed feat for both movement and reaction time

No Caption Provided

Baoh Weapon - Skin Saber

This is one of Baoh 's weapons that he has . He could slice and dice through humans with ease , could come in handy here

Addressing the CAV at hand

Ok I'm not to sure abut this but if Haunt is always blood lusted then he wont sneak up on Baoh even though I'm sure that's not Haunt way of doing things in the first place . So I think both characters would run into each other then the fight would begin .

Conclusion

I have nothing much to say since you are still holding some feats back, but from what I can see currently, it seems as if Haunt is better than Baoh in most categories.

I just showed some more things so I hope you do the same , personally both character don't have a lot of feats so by the next post we would have used a bunch of feats . I believe that both characters are a equal to a degree going off what's been shown already

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8:

No Caption Provided

Counters: Strength

To be fair both of our characters can do that no problem , what is different is how it's done .

Impressive, however it took Baoh about 2 pages to penetrate that man's skull and decapitate him. But Haunt can decapitate two men in one panel.

No Caption Provided

As you can see Baoh is strong enough to penetrate the human skull and smash heads while also ripping a neck . For this I say both our characters are equal in this regard.

It's a close bout, but I don't think we are equal. In your scans Baoh leaps at a man then cracks his skull before decapitating him. Which is fine but when Haunt leaps at a man, the man's entire head is gone instantly.

No Caption Provided

Again both characters can do this , Baoh went through car roof without transforming so you can only imagine the strength when he does transform

I'd say concrete is much tougher than a thin piece of steel however, I can accept that they are equals in this regard as Baoh was not transformed here.

Counters: Durability

He was shot multiple times but was ok , in fact he was ready to get payback to thugs that shot him in the first place so bullets don't work on him either add that to the muscle control to push all the bullets out

That isn't a durability feat since Baoh wasn't being shot, his pre-transformed form was. He then healed once he became Baoh, but healing is difference from durability.

No Caption Provided

It also looks like a bullet pierces transformed Baoh's skin here.

No Caption Provided

Counters: Speed

Both our characters can block and dodge bullets so this another thing we can move on from . This also doubles as a speed feat for both movement and reaction time

Close, but not exactly at Haunt's level. Haunt is able to block shots from multiple gun men at the same time while carrying a person.

No Caption Provided

Not only that, but when caught by surprise he was able to shield 2 agents from a sniper and 2 machine gunners.

No Caption Provided

And a sniper bullet moves much faster than the handgun bullet that Baoh blocked.

Haunt can also tank blunt force with ease, as falling from a building with a man on top of him doesn't even make him lose consciousness.

No Caption Provided

Counters: Skin Saber

This is one of Baoh 's weapons that he has . He could slice and dice through humans with ease , could come in handy here

That's cool but Haunt's has greater range, that and he can replicate this feat almost exactly but with just three threads of ectoplasm.

No Caption Provided

He can also spawn his blades in any part of his body, which he does to wreck groups of gangsters.

No Caption Provided

Why Haunt Wins

One thing I think Haunt has that Baoh doesn't is skill. Haunt trained for moths to be a skilled fighter.

No Caption Provided

Not only that but the suit itself is his brother, who guides him in battles. His brother is a trained solider.

Conclusion

Haunt seems to be better in most categories while also having an edge in skill. Baoh in return doesn't seem to be better than Haunt in any category and is at most stalemating him.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anthp2000  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Yeah, she's a lot more reasonable than people say. This match up is super even tbh.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SMXLR8

[Round 3 ] Baoh vs Haunt - edit in progress

No Caption Provided

Strength

Impressive, however it took Baoh about 2 pages to penetrate that man's skull and decapitate him. But Haunt can decapitate two men in one panel.

This is a weak argument and nitpicking doesn't help you here . It's one motion that just happens to be 2 panel in manga form , here is the anime form of the feat

No Caption Provided

It's a close bout, but I don't think we are equal. In your scans Baoh leaps at a man then cracks his skull before decapitating him. Which is fine but when Haunt leaps at a man, the man's entire head is gone instantly.

You really don't have to nitpick on everything you know , too much of it is bad for your argument

I'd say concrete is much tougher than a thin piece of steel however, I can accept that they are equals in this regard as Baoh was not transformed here.

Ok good , time to move on then

Durability

That isn't a durability feat since Baoh wasn't being shot, his pre-transformed form was. He then healed once he became Baoh, but healing is difference from durability.

I say it is so it's agree to disagree moment here . It has many feats in one scan if that's how it is then

It also looks like a bullet pierces transformed Baoh's skin here.

I don't know maybe it or isn't that is not what's important here , the feat being shown is

Speed

Close, but not exactly at Haunt's level. Haunt is able to block shots from multiple gun men at the same time while carrying a person.

yeah it's cool and all but you are kind of overrating the feat which doesn't help or change my argument about this

Not only that, but when caught by surprise he was able to shield 2 agents from a sniper and 2 machine gunners.

Ikuro has done that as well and without transforming mind you , again no need to overrate Hauts feats

No Caption Provided

Haunt can also tank blunt force with ease, as falling from a building with a man on top of him doesn't even make him lose consciousness.

Both could survive a fall like that so it's not a big deal , when Baoh gets hurt he doesn't cry about it

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Haunt? Nice. I’ve got some Haunt TPBs in my closet collecting dust that I want to get out and read again after seeing this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom: I kind of lost interest in this CAV but if you want to finish it then we will both do 3 post each and go to votes

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@major_hellstrom: lol there was only one post left, why didn't you just finish it?