CaV: Gyro Zeppeli(KillerQueen) Vs Byoudouin Houou(HitTheAssasin)

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules and Stipulations

• Everyone has standard gear, but Byoudouin has an unlimited number of balls at his disposal
  • Both characters are morals on, but going for the kill
  • The starting distance is 20 meters
  • Vote based on who you thought had the better arguments and debating, not the character you think would win the fight
  • Don't interfere in the debate between myself and @killerqueen
  • The fight takes place on an oversized Tennis Court that's 100 meters long and wide(but without a net)
  • Yes, my character fights by shooting tennis balls at people, deal with it ;)

Is this fine, @killerqueen? If so, who should start this off?

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KillerQueen

@hittheassasin: Looks good, man! It doesn't really matter to me who goes first.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HitTheAssasin

@killerqueen: Since you probably know next to nothing about my character, I'll gladly start. As he doesn't have all too many showings, it probably won't take long to make an opener compiling Byoudouins feats etc.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerqueen: Since you probably know next to nothing about my character, I'll gladly start. As he doesn't have all too many showings, it probably won't take long to make an opener compiling Byoudouins feats etc.

Sounds good to me.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KillerQueen

Bump for potential voters.

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opener: The Pirate Of Japan, Byoudouin

No Caption Provided

First of all, let me get this out of the way. Yes, Byoudouin is a character from a sports manga, Prince of Tennis. However, his abilities and mindset are such that he's more than capable of functioning in a battle like this as well, as I'm about to prove. Also, due to his rather small number of appearances, this post won't be particularly long either. Finally, please forgive me if a few of the scans I present are japanese only and have no translations, New Prince of Tennis hasn't yet been translated past Chapter 223.

Bio

Here's a reasonably extensive Biography about Byoudouin, which'll let you know all of the relevant things, straight from the Prince of Tennis wiki:

Hōō Byōdōin (平等院鳳凰, Byōdōin Hōō) is introduced at the U-17 Camp in Shin Prince of Tennis ranked as the Number 1 ranked Youth Representative of Japan, which marks him as Japan's best U-17 player. He is the leader of the First Returning 1st Stringers, who have just returned from an Overseas Expedition. They get back to the camp to be welcomed back by the news that middle schoolers have joined the camp and witnessed them defeat a number of the Top 20. He decides to allow the inclusion of middle schoolers on the list of challengers for their places. It is also known that he utterly defeated Kazuya Tokugawa in the previous year.

Byoudouin has long blonde hair similar to the style Europeans have with a well trimmed beard and is somewhat broad shouldered. The manga depicts him to have brown eyes.

Byōdōin is extremely arrogant, aggressive, rude, and violent, as shown when he serves balls in an attempt to hit Echizen when he sees this one practicing with Tokugawa. He is the leader of the 1st string as well as being the current top U-17 player, as he commands the players ranked Nos. 11-20 to finish their fun and gather at Court 16. No.3, Duke Watanabe, addresses him as "Boss".

In his past, he wandered around the world in various other countries. That imposing and majestic personality of his, along with his mastery over the inter-dimensional power, are the marks of the supreme ruler.

Speed

The first physical stat I'll be covering is speed, since it, along with durability, will likely be far more relevant in this fight than raw strength, seeing as to how it's likely going to be a ranged battle due to the methods both characters use to attack(tennis ball shots for Byoudouin, steel ball throws for Gyro). With that being said, let's dive right in.

Unlike one might imagine of a character from a sports manga, Byoudoin is very, very fast. This is shown on a number of occasions through both feats and logical scaling to characters of a similar or inferior level to him. I'll start of with a simple set of feats that show Byoudouin both reacting to and casually catching a Glowing Shot/"Destruction" from Ryoga and Ryoma respectively:

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 68 and Chapter 229

Now, you might be asking yourselves, why is this impressive, Hit? Sure, tennis balls from professionals usually travel at about 36 meters per second, but reacting to and catching that from a few meters away, albeit easily, isn't all too impressive for characters of this level, right? Well, dear reader, that's ignoring the incredible properties of a Glowing Shot. In the New Prince of Tennis Fanbook Volume 10.5, we learn this about the Glowing Shot:

However, the Glowing Shot's might is far exceeding even Duke's level[in power].

-(Quote from the Fanbook, I would provide the corresponding image, but it's japanese only so I don't see the point)

Now, why is this relevant? Well, this proves that the Glowing Shot is decisively more powerful(and by proxy faster, since that's how the power behind tennis balls works) than the shots performed by Duke Watatabe, the same guy that was able to return and utterly overpower Gin's 108th Hadoukyuu in their match, then return it with even greater power that sends Gin flying away, showing that the power of his shots exceed Gin's(this is also backed up by the official stats, in which Gin has a 5 in power and Duke a 7, so it's undeniable):

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 83

As you can see above, Gin has 108th levels of Hadoukyuu, each stronger than the last. Considering that even Gin's 7th level Hadoukyuu has a speed of 218 kilometres per hour, or 60.5 meters per second, as was confirmed in New Prince of Tennis:

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 12

After that, performing the very generous assumption that each of Gin's Hadoukyuu's only increases in speed by 1 kmh(or .56 meters per second, a lowball since it's not even really noticeable at those speeds)per level, that would give us a lowballed estimate of at absolute bare minimum 320 kmh(or 88 meters per second) for Duke's balls, which clearly exceed Gin's considerably per both feats and the stats given by the Databook. Now, seeing to how Glowing Shots "far exceed" that lowballed speed of 280 kmh , that'd give us a low-end estimate of 340 kilometers per hour, or 94.4 meters per second, which Byoudouin was able to casually react to and catch with his bare hands from a distance of only a few meters away.

In other words, Byoudouin is capable of reacting to a speed of almost 100 meters per second easily(catching is >> regularly reacting/blocking) from a distance of about 5 meters. This means that even Gyro's steel balls shouldn't be an issue at a starting distance of 20 meters like we have here.

In addition, there are other feats that back up this level of speed. What I'm referring to is when a massively pre-prime Byoudouin easily reacted to and hit 6 different balls hit at him by Oni, an extremely high level player, before any of them could pass by his body:

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 94

Considering even tennis balls hit by real life pro's, who are inferior to high tier Prince of Tennis characters in almost every way, hit groundline balls at an average speed of about 32 to 40 meters per second, hitting 6 of them before they can pass the range of his racket(which, in front of him, would be about 2 meters), would require him to move his hand and body multiple meters in about a 20th of a second, an incredibly short timeframe. Not to mention that 6 balls isn't nearly his maximum, seeing as to how, shortly after this, Oni notes Byoudouin's speed has increased from before and, after he eventually loses to Oni, Byoudouin subjects himself to ridiculous training on the mountain side(the same training has allowed players to go from being unable to hit 5 balls at the same time to rallying with 10 balls):

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 95 and Chapter 96

All-in-all, I think it's realistic to say that current Byoudouin should be capable of casually rallying with 10 balls at a speed of about 40 m/s, seeing as to how even base Oni(someone who was losing to pre-prime Byoudouin), base Kintarou, base Ryoma and base Tokugawa(someone who an all-out Byoudouin was stomping), who should all logically be inferior to him could casually do so with 10 balls:

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 93 and Chapter 68

Byoudouin, being the number 1 player in Japan's U-18 and being factually superior to 2 of these 4 characters should definitely be able to replicate the feat. Seeing as to how casually hitting 6 to 10 balls moving at 40 m/s before they can move 2 meters is a feat moving in the 100 m/s category(at least), which is consistent with Byoudouin casually reacting to and catching a Glowing Shot.

Durability

With Byoudouin being from a series about Tennis, you can probably imagine that he doesn't get hit a lot and thus, doesn't have many durability feats. Luckily, the one good feat he does have is more than enough for me to confidently say that he won't go down after 1 or 2 hits from Gyro or his balls(heh). Said feat would be tanking Tokugawa's Glowing Shot to the stomach and getting up with basically no injuries or visible pain:

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 114

The reason this is a viable feat is that Glowing Shot's have consistently shown incredible destructive power in practically every instance they've been used by anyone. Consistently, they're about wall level or a bit lower, so easily tanking getting hit in the gut by one is a great durability feat for Byoudouin. As proof of there destructive prowess, here's the destruction caused the Glowing Shot's of Ryoma, Ryoga, Akutsu and Byoudouin respectively, since Tokugawa's doesn't have any feats of its own, but should be about even with the ones shown above:

New Prince of Tennis(many different Chapters)
  • Scan 1: Ryoma's very first Glowing Shot destroys steel wires, vaporises large parts of tree's and puts a small crater in the tennis court
  • Scan 2: Ryoga's casual Glowing Shot against Akutsu puts huge cracks in the wall behind Ryoma despite not even hitting it directly
  • Scan 3: Akutsu's Glowing Shot puts huge cracks in the wall behind it despite being blocked by Amadeus and not even directly striking said wall
  • Scan 4: Byoudoin's Glowing Shot destroys the wall behind Tokugawa.

In other words, Byoudouin is capable of easily tanking a blunt force attack that has enough force to put huge cracks in stone walls and can easily dent steel. From what I've seen, a Glowing Shot should be superior to the average power of a steel ball thrown by Gyro, so, hax aside, Byoudouin should be more than capable to tanking the raw force of Zeppeli's attacks if he is hit.

Strength

Right off of the bat I'm going to say that I'm quite confident a fully serious Byoudouin is a coniderable amount stronger than Zeppeli to the point that he can probably even outright block or hit back the steel balls launch by his opponent and would have a definite advantage in raw stats if, for some reason, it came to CQC. The reason for this would be that Byoudouin has quite an arsenal of strength feats, the best of which are casually catching the Glowing Shots aimed at him by both Ryoga and Ryoma:

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 68 and Chapter 229

As I demonstrated earlier, Ryoga's Glowing Shot has the feat of heavily cracking a wall and heavily denting steel pipes from its indirect impact while Ryoma's has put a small crater in a tennis court and completely vaporised steel wires as well as a section of a tree:

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 111 and Chapter 97

In other words, Byoudouin is easily at peak human strength or even higher for stopping Ryoma's GS with one hand, which should be definitively superior to Gyro from what I've seen and should also allow him to be able to return the latters steel balls using his tennis racket, seeing as to how he was able to do the same to Tokugawa's gigantic(charged up) Glowing Shot, which should exceed the power of Gyro's steel balls(looking at the feats of just regular sized Glowing Shots):

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 119

All-in-all I see Byoudoin holding the advantage in physical strength by a reasonable amount, to the point where he should be able to hit back Gyro's steel balls or even catch them if it comes down to it(though I'm not sure that's a good move, nor do I think he'd take the risk), rendering your characters main form of attack almost useless.

Accuracy and Techniques

First of all, I suppose you'll require some feats of accuracy to see whether Byoudouin can actually consistently hit Gyro and aim for him at this distance. Well, since Byoudouin is a very high-end character who was introduced towards the later parts of the series, there wasn't much focus on basic things like accuracy anymore, so I'll be doing some scaling.

The character I'll be scaling too is Ryoma Echizen as of the beginning of the original Prince of Tennis, who at that time wasn't even a national level character(he lost to BoS Tezuka, who's fodder to Byoudouin), let alone at the peak of international level like Byoudouin is, so I think it should be fineto suggest Byoudouin's accuracy is equal or superior to his. Ryoma was capable of hitting a tin can consecutively from across a tennis court easily and aim his balls precisely enough to take off the top of the can while it was flying through the air(which shows the ability to hit precisely on a moving target):

Prince of Tennis Chapter 2

In addition, Byoudouin himself has shown the accuracy and the clear willingness to consistently aim for his opponents chin to give them a concussion and knock them out, as well as the accuracy to lodge a ball in the muzzle of a pistol from a distance of a few meters or so:

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 116 and Chapter 137

In other words, accurately aiming for Zeppeli from a distance of 20 meters shouldn't be an issue for Byoudouin at all.

Now, for some of his different techniques and special abilities that'll surely prove useful in the fight against Gyro. First up are some of the techniques from around the world that Byoudouin learned when traversing the world. Pirates of the American is a move that allows him to essentially create the illusion that the ball split into 7 different balls, making it extremely difficult for the opponent to accurately dodge the real ball, hidden among the 6 others:

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 94

If Byoudouin uses this to hide the real ball aimed at Gyro's chin(for a concussion) among 6 fakes, it'll be extremely hard to dodge, especially if Byoudouin hits multiple "Pirates of the American" in direct succession. Another move he has up is sleeve is the Phoenix of Egypt, where the ball flies upwards only to come at its target from above, making it very hard to predict or dodge(especially when Byoudouin's hitting multiple other balls at Gyro, like he'll be doing here):

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 123

Next we'll be getting to the really juicy stuff. The first of Byoudouin's 3 trump cards, as I like to call them, would be the Glowing Shot. This shot is easily wall level when used by Byoudouin and as such, it would hurt Gyro very very badly if it struck him directly, as can be seen when the aftereffect of Byoudouin's Glowing Shot(after it hit Tokugawa) puts a massive dent in the wall behind Tokugawa, despite not even hitting it(but Tokugawa who stood in front of it):

New Prince of Tennis Chapter 68

That'll be all for now, since I've decided to spare Byoudouin's other 2 "trump cards" for my new post.

For now, that's it. Byoudouin will be attacking Gyro with ranged balls aimed precisely at his chin for a concussion while utilising Pirates of the American, coupled with a few Glowing Shots to break through Gyro's guard and subsequently oneshot him, since I'm fairly confident he isn't tanking a wall level Glowing Shot head on. If Gyro tries to attack him with his steel balls, Byoudouin's incredible combat speed will allow him to dodge, or use his tennis racket to return the steel balls just like he did against Tokugawa's Glowing Shot, which should be of a similar or greater potency. Even if Gyro does somehow hit Byoudouin, I'm confident the latter is more than durable enough to take a few blows. At any rate, even without Byoudouin's other 2 abilities, he's got a very good chance at winning early on in the fight due to his accuracy and overall power.

I kept this post reasonably small, since I'm still saving some things for the next post. You're up now, @killerqueen, I'm looking forward to your post!

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hittheassasin: I apologize for the wait, some personal issues came up and I've been dealing with that for a few days. I'll try and get my post up as soon as I can.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerqueen: It's not a problem, take your time. It's not uncommon for people to take 2 weeks or more per post.