• Random encounter with no prior knowledge
  • Standard gear
  • Both are composite canon
  • Backlash has no time limit on his powers

Setting:

Gang starts at the left and Backlash starts on the right, 80 feet apart
Gang starts at the left and Backlash starts on the right, 80 feet apart

Voting:

• This is a CaV (Challenge a Viner) and debating should be between Major_Hellstorm and God_Vulcan only
  • Please keep your opinions to yourself until closed for voting
  • You can ask to be tagged for votes
  • Vote for who you think was the better debater, not who you think would win the fight
  • Reasoning for votes and constructive feedback are encouraged
  • Thanks for reading!
higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@valor_175: Gang is from a manwha called Gosu. Btw, LINE Webtoons isn't up to date but it's the official translation and has the clearest quality.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 higherpower  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 higherpower  Moderator
higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 higherpower  Moderator

@valor_175: I strongly advise reading at least the first 5 chapters before I post my opener (minor spoilers).

Enjoy :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 higherpower  Moderator

@major_hellstorm: Don't think of it as a "deadline"; I'm not trying to put pressure on you. Just know that after this week, I'll be studying for finals through the 23rd and after that I'll be on vacation. So I'd like to have at least our openers up before then so we can get things going, as the debate probably won't finish until early next year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: I can get a post up tommorow if all goes well.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 higherpower  Moderator

@major_hellstorm: Sounds good to me. Whoever finishes their opener first should post it first.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Backlash

Bio:

No Caption Provided

Stats:

Being a peak Kherubim, Marc has stats beyond any normal human. Let me give you a run down, starting with........

Speed:

As you told me when you were setting up this match, you will rely on speed as your argument. So let me show you what you will have to deal with in the speed department.

First of all, Backlash is a casual bullet timer. As seen below, where he casually dodges multiple machine guns in a small space. But it's not just that, while he was dodging the bullets, he closes the distance between him and the gunmen.

No Caption Provided

Here is another example of him casually bullet timing. This time he dodges shots from Savage Dragon until SD ran out of ammo.

No Caption Provided

But Marc isn't just a casual bullet timer. One of his most impressive feats shows him dodging batons and laser fire from all around, casually. In the same scans he is called the fastest and most agile member of Stormwatch (a group filled with peak and meta humans).

Scans are backwards

Strength:

In terms of strength, Marc does not have too many feats as his main form of offense are his psi whips. However, using the feats he does have, I am confident in claiminh that he should be able to harm the likes of Gang. Not only that, but I might even go as far as saying that he might even be slightly stronger than him (based on the little knowledge I have).

This claim is supported by the fact that Backlash was able to draw blood from Savage Dragon with a kick.

No Caption Provided

Same Savage Dragon that tanked thsese

• Scan 1 & 2 (backwards): Tanks a hit from Bedrock (although I am pretty sure that is Badrock). A class 50-100.
  • Scan 3: Is unharmed when a building falls on him.

Backlash can also charge his hits (sort of like Iron Fist). Which he does to one shot 3 inches of bullet proof glass.

No Caption Provided

Durability:

I do not know how strong Gang is exactly, but even without misting, Backlash is a man you will have a hard time putting and/or keeping down.

Look at this for example. Here a wall of fire burns him, yet he is barely bothered, it only manages to knock him off balanced.

No Caption Provided

He also took a full blast from Helspont to the face and didn't die.

And that was after Backlash had just recovered from a previous blast from Helspont. So he took two blasts from Helspont in one issue.

No Caption Provided

Helspont, btw casually blasted away Youngblood (which is a superhero team. Remember Badrock? He is a member there).

No Caption Provided

Hee also did this to Supes in the N52.

But what about physical durability? You might be wondering. Well, remember our old friend Savage Dragon? Because he is back again. Here Backlash survives a hit from him.

No Caption Provided

Again, same Savage Dragon who one shots dragons with a flipping brick.

No Caption Provided

And's that's not his only feat of taking attacks from mid/high tiers. Here Backlash tanked getting rag-dolled by Helspont after already tanking two blasts from him (as I showed) and almost drowning. Talk about tough.

No Caption Provided

Skill and Powers:

Backlash is a bad @ss, that is already pretty clear. But before you think he can't get any cooler, he does. Take his skill for example.

Skill:

Now I won't spend too much time on skill since I don't know how important it will be fore the debate just yet. But you should know that Backlash is amazingly skilled, like better than Batman level.

For example, here Backlash is, easily getting the better of Zealot.

No Caption Provided

That feat is made even more impressive when you consider 3 things, 1. Marc did not want to fight her. 2. He was rusty at this point. 3. Zealot is one of the best fighters in Wildstorm, seriously, she fought frigging Midnighter in CQC.

The fight continues on but with weapons. If you wanna see more read WildC.A.T.S. #25:

If you want to know how good Midnighter (shameless plugin) check this out.

Plus Zealot's dang strong too. She has enough strength to knock over Mr. Majestic (AKA Supes but stronger) hard enough to dent a wall.

No Caption Provided

But enough about her, let's go back to Backlash. Here is another feat of him stomping a hero, this time it is Battlion (who is kinda like Cable, here is a wiki link), and this time Backlash was serious.

Psi Whips:

Moving on we have Backlash's Psi Whips, which are, as I have said, Backlash's main offense.

These thing are dang strong, for starters they are able to easily slice through military APC.

No Caption Provided

It also has feats of causing such an intense amount of pain that it can force Daemonites out. Daemonites is what Helspont is.

No Caption Provided

And speaking of Helspont, he not only is impressed and briefly restrained by the whips.

No Caption Provided

But he is also, later dragged down by them against his will.

Misting:
Misting:

Misting:

That should be enough whips for now, now it is time for my favorite part. I saved the best part for last just for you. Yes, it's time for The ability you said you were most worried about. Misting.

You probably already get the gist of this ability just by it's name. But here is some feats to reaffirm what it does (turn him into mist) and show you him using it to get the drop on people.

No Caption Provided

He can use the ability only only parts of his body to negate basically any attack, like his stab.

No Caption Provided

He can also attack while fully in mist form.

And he can even go inside a person's body and rip them apart fro the inside. Like so

Conclusion:

Before I conclude you have to understand two things 1. I know very little about Gang (I write this before you post) and 2. I was pressed for time when I wrote this (tried to make it as informative as possible though). With that said, I think the fight will go in Backlash's favor due to his immense power and ability to negate damage. Not only that, but thanks to the morals off rule, Slayton will be free to fight dirty and use attacks he normally wouldn't on a human being, like internal attacks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: I kinda got bored of waiting so here is my opener.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 higherpower  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: Better not edit too much, now that you know everything about Backlash. Lel.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@major_hellstorm: Let's get this party started shall we?

Introduction to The Master

No Caption Provided

Never have I been so psyched to represent a dumpling-loving fatty in my life, but here we are.

I present to you, Gang Ryong, The Heavenly Destroyer and one of the coolest martial art prodigies in the underground. Hope you'll have as much fun as me :P

Why you'll love him

Imagine a soft, pudgy teen who loves to eat ice cream and spends his weekends lounging on a warm couch in the evening watching Rick and Morty. Now, beating him in a battle seems like it'd be a fairly simple a task for near anyone (especially the members of the Vine who claim to solo wolf packs with their bare hands) right? But then-- all of a sudden, you see the once sweet kid crack his knuckles and and proceed to flip armored trucks, bust a building in a single punch, and runs 10km to deliver a pizza before the customer hangs up the phone.

Take that character you molded, pump him with steroids and multiply his badassery but 100 and you've got Gang in a nutshell.

I tell you this because he doesn't fit your typical low mid tier powerhouse, but his feats and skills earn him the title of street-tier teambuster without a shadow of doubt.

Quick bio:

Gang Ryong is the main protagonist of Gosu and the sole disciple of the late "Heavenly Destroyer", Doko Yong. He is the heir of the 12 secret skills of Pacheon Clan (or the heavenly destroyer sect) and has a part time job as a dumpling delivery boy.

Physicals

Gang is really good at getting food to his customers, but his highest-selling dish is a piping hot serve of ass-whupping that he routinely gives his adversaries. Case in point, he's constantly holding back in character to extreme degrees, showing self-control and fear of his own power when he cuts loose.

Strength

Luckily for me, Gang is morals off and won't be hindered nor have a reason not to use his strongest techniques off the bat. A small sampling of his casual strength, Gang was able to complete this amazing feat:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

With a single, casual palm strike (which are weaker than punches mind you) he was able to smack a man hard enough into the side or a hill/rock face and destroy it completely. Considering how many millions of tons of rocks it is that he busted, this proves Gang's regular blows while holding back are undeniably and vastly superior to building busting ( multi-building and approaching city block lvl) and shows him hitting with millions of pounds of force at the very least.

And now, a montage of Gang's coolest casually strength feats. Here he accidentally busts a building by knocking a guy into the floor, sinking the whole place:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here's the size of the building for reference. 2 stories easily:

No Caption Provided

As if that wasn't enough, while he was sleep deprived and visibly tired he was capable of swatting Soh hard enough with a staff that he broke the edge of a cliff, causing a large several meter deep crater:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Speed

As far as how fast Gang is, in combat he's capable of blitzing massively FTE characters with ease. One of his best combat speed feats was blitzing Soh Jinhong. Gang was lying down with his back against a wall with Soh directly in front of him and his line of sight. He was also blocking a slash from him, yet before Soh could process was happen Gang appeared behind him out of nowhere and tapped a pressure point on his neck, knocking him out:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Context-

This feat is Uber impressive because Soh was capable of slashing trees and human bodies apart at stated FTE speeds:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But most impressively, while under severe mental trauma, sleep deprivation, and on the verge of starving, Soh was able to butcher a room filled with dozens of trained killers at massively FTE speeds before any of them could react:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

For movement speed, Gang was able to run across a bridge to the point where he was practically weightless, seeing as something a heavy as a squirrel would make it collapse and Gang (being a human) didn't affect it at all:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But better yet, Gang was fast enough to traverse an entire mountain range in the timeframe it took a couple of guards to pace a few steps. And considering he was actually scaling entire mountains and going through complex forests in a matter of seconds, you'd be hard-pressed to argue this feat below high supersonic:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Durability

Gang's durability feats are bonkers. Here he tanks a small hill busting punch without any notable damage:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He has much better feats than that one but I'll keep this section light, since he's low on durability feats due to amazing speed.

Hax and Skills

I woudn't be doing Gang justice if I didn't give his skills their very own section, and several abilities he has can be classified as more than just versatility but also hax. He is also extremely skilled in h2h, which I'll show later.

Here he uses his intimidation aura to severely age the White Skull leader, Wang, until he was a frail old man. Wang also lost his sanity as a result:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gang also uses his intimidation to cause Soh Jinhong to hallucinate and see depressing visualizations:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gang can also force people into complete paralysis without physical contact, and did so to immobilize a group of martial artists from Baekma Valley.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

One of his coolest techniques, Space-Sundering Palm strike, creates an omnidorectional shockwave that has the ability to cause internal damage to dozens of possessed zombies; making them bleed from their lungs and ears:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Time to wrap this up. That should give you a decent taste of his power.

Conclusion

Based on your opener, I'll say that while Backlash is impressive he's certainly out of his weight class here. Gang grossly outstats him in the physical department, being stronger and faster (durability is debatable) going off the feats that you've shown. The scariest things you have in your powerset are Psi Whips and Misting, but considering that neither are passive or automatic, I can argue Gang blitzing before then. Currently, I haven't seen Blacklash's counters to paralysis and intimidation.

Good luck! And may the best man win :)

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 higherpower  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@major_hellstorm: Bumping this to tell u basically what I told Deathhero. If you think you can respond before January 8th, that'd be great or you'll be waiting for me another half year. Sorry.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Excuse me sir, but you've just bumped into me.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was this cancelled?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking:

If you think you can respond before January 8th, that'd be great or you'll be waiting for me another half year. Sorry.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: The post couldn't be debunked. That's usually why some of these end so suddenly. That's just my lousy guess through, could be anything

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Excuse me sir, but you've just bumped into me.

You should've posted sooner.

I vote for Vulcan, but if it was High-power vs Hellstrom I would've voted for Hellstrom

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 higherpower  Moderator

Gang got new feats so I'm totally down for continuing this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gang got new feats so I'm totally down for continuing this.

CaV