CaV Gladiator V.S Beta Ray Bill (Voting Open)

• 60 results
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 emperorthanos-  Moderator
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. Tough one.

@emperorthanosgets my vote. While in the physical department, it seems they are close at first, but Kallark was shown to have the upperhand. "Ripping black holes apart" certainly did it for me.

Fighting skills is a toss-up.

Lastly, for all of Stormbreaker's power and versatility, I fear fighting speed is vastly different than travel speed and I'm definitely not satisfied with the argument's presented for BRB. This is like Weather Wizard vs Flash. Stormbreaker makes BRB more powerful and versatile but with the "hyperspace" argument it has become moot and academic. Certainly Gladiator can land more blows and attacks and can react faster being a true speedster himself which should be enough for him to win .

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is a real tough one...I far prefer Beta Ray Bill , that's not even debatable, he's one of the coolest heroes around...however in terms of debate I think @emperorthanos did a better job, especially considering that @masterkungfucould have placed much more emphasis on the fact that Bill would just get stronger from Gladiator's heat vision

Great debate overall and left him doubtful on who to vote but I'll go with @emperorthanos

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@jashro44 Hey is there a way you maybe able to edit the thread to say voting is open? The man who made the thread isn't responding to us anymore.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

My instincts say BRB would win due to versatility. He also has a lot of feats that were left out of the argument AFAIK. I would also highlight his instant destruction of Fenrir during Ragnarok. I feel personally that he has better feats than Gladiator and that it could be proven. I also think that BRB was handicapped because most of his best feats weren't posted until the 2nd and 3rd rebuttal, which many may not get to reading before they vote.

But I believe that @emperorthanos won this debate because of his strong first two posts and no proof presented that he could be put down, and the fight with the Annihilators and Thanos was pretty telling (although I do believe it is non-canon).

If Master had brought up some of Gladiator's lower showings, like getting crushed by Annihilus, barely matching Black Bolt in a physical fight, or being stabbed through by Black Cloak, or failing to save Lilandra Neremani from a simple energy beam during War of Kings, could have been a little different.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jashro44
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 emperorthanos-  Moderator
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to give it to Kallark (@emperorthanos) for his superior debating skills, presentation and feats. He was on his A-game the whole time and pretty much destroyed every counter @masterkungfu threw at him, except the Odin scan. But that alone can not be a saving grace.

Glad to see such hard-working viners, good luck on future CaV's to both of you.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#63  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@emperorthanos: I have to finish a post in another thread, but gimme a bit to re-read and i will gladly drop a vote and a dissertation on why. BTW, do you have a running tally of the votes thus far?

such as:

Votes!

as it stands right now, the vote count is:

Emperorthanos: _____

Masterkungfu: _____

see what I mean?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

Votes!

as it stands right now, the vote count is:

Emperorthanos: 4

Masterkungfu: 0

Take your time.

And that's the current vote tally

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 emperorthanos-  Moderator
APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

unbelievable CaV.

@masterkungfu & @emperorthanos both did really well, playing on their strengths, speeds, versatility.

I believe @masterkungfu wins the debate.

He took the debate from gladiator being stronger & faster to BRB matching him in speed & strength, and most importantly durability.

Very close