CaV: EmperorThanos (Skaar) V.S. King Hellstorm (Injustice Superman)

• 48 results
Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#1 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

You've all heard of Hulk vs Superman. Well here it is again but with a twist, the son of Hulk vs the Superman tyrant. Who will reign supreme?

Skaar vs Injustice Superman

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• 616 Skaar
  • Injustice (1&2) Superman
  • Full knowledge for both sides
  • Both are in character but serious
  • No BFR
  • Win via death/incap/submission
  • Standard gear. No ring for Supes.
  • Standard CaV rules apply.

Battle Location:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
#2 Posted by deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57 (4213 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag after every post

#3 Posted by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hellstorm: Could you go first. I need to collect a couple more scans for Skaar

#4 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Sure, it may take a while though since I have your tourney to worry about. Hopefully I can get a post up by Sunday though.

#5 Posted by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

#6 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag

#7 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by ElderElijah190 (2103 posts) - - Show Bio

T4v when done.

#10 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Well, a year later and here I am again. But this time, Kal El is not going down. Hopefully I've improved.

"Even you can be broken."-Superman to Doomsday

Injustice Superman

Main (Gods Among Us)

The last son of Krypton was sent to Earth to escape his birthworld's destruction. Adopted by a kindly farming couple in Kansas, he went on to become Earth's most powerful and respected superhero.

Regime (Gods Among Us)

A deeply troubled dictator, Superman was drugged into killing his wife Lois, their unborn son, and all of Metropolis by the Joker. He now rules as High Councilor of Earth, killing all who oppose him.

Injustice 2

After the fall of the Regime, Superman now remains a permanent resident of a prison built to contain and suppress the Man of Steel. Still grieving the loss of Lois and their unborn son, Superman maintains that peace can only be achieved through subjugation—But as a new threat looms, can old enemies forge new alliances?

Injustice.wikia

Strength

All right, so we all know that this will boil down to speed vs strength. So I will make this as difficult as possible for you by showing Supes' best strength feats right off the bat.

First up is one of my favorite Superman feats in the entire series, the time when Superman angrily back handed Sinestro and sent him flying

Year 4: Issue 10
Year 4: Issue 10

The best part isn't even the distance Sinestro flew, it's the fact that he was out cold for 5 issues.

Year 4: Issue 15 (quick maffs)
Year 4: Issue 15 (quick maffs)

But that was just a punch casual back hand. Supes is packing more power than that. Just as Kalibak who Supes sends crashing into a plane, a flying plane.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Injustice Year 1: Issue 23

But he isn't done with old Kalibak, Supes then procedes to strike him with his first massive shockwave making punch.

Same issue
Same issue

That attack sent him back down faster than Supes can fly down.

Same issue
Same issue

Finally, Supes decides to finish the fight by doing the impossible and killing an immortal just using sheer strength, creating a crater.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Year 1: Issue 24

Supes later creates a bigger crater when he slams Sinestro into the moon while shattering his construct like nothing.

Year 2: Issue 24

That's the same type of shield Sinestro used to block Ganthet's blasts btw. The blasts that incinerated Lanterns.

Year 2: Issue 21

But I know what you're thinking. I promised his best feat so here it is

Year 5: Issue 12

Yes, the time when Supes went all OPM and drew blood from Bizzaro......okay, I know you were thinking about the Darkseid feat but I'll get to that next post to counnter Skaar's most infamous feat. For now, though, the Bizzaro feat above is actually really impressive as Supes sends Bizzaro flying at mach speeds (you can see the sonic boom) and drawing blood from a clone of his is pretty impressive.

Same issue
Same issue

Now, I want you to keep that scan above fresh on your memory, the part where Grundy ripples Supes' stomach, because I want to show you why you don't piss off the Man of Steel.

Same issue

Before I close this section, I want to show how much Supes holds back against fellow heroes in case you were wondering.

Year 3 Annual
Year 3 Annual

He didn't hold back at all. He made Superboy bleed internally which would have killed him (and it almost does until Superboy takes Zod's heart). Interestingly enough, Superboy is actually more durable than Wonder Woman, so this is impressive.

Same issue

As you can see, he tanked a nuke without seeming hurt at all (meanwhile Diana gets comatose). Here is further evidence as he breaks Hal's hand before tossing both Flash and Super girl away with ease.

No Caption Provided

Durability:

As for durability, Supes can take a lot of damage and someone like Kalibak would be fodder to him. Kalibak doesn't even faze Supes.

Nor does Bizzaro's heatvision

And even if you are able to knock him back and make him bleed, he isn't hurt. What do I mean? Well, Doomsday once punched Supes so hard that he drew blood and launched into orbit and into the next city.

Year 5: Issue 2

Aaand......he is still standing, you just made him mad (and Grundy knows what happens when Supes gets mad).

No Caption Provided

And now to counter Old Power.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

I skipped some scans, but believe me that all happened consecutively. A blast from Ganthet, missiles from the Batplane and a sonic scream from Back Canary to the face, all while craching down into the earth hard enough to create a crater. Supes must be down, right? Heck no, even Oracle thinks he should be down but nope. The very next issue shows him being totally fine, he's more concerned about Black Canary than himself (the last scan above was the last page in the issue).

Year 2: Issue 22
Year 2: Issue 22

This shows that even energy infused strikes or lava will have a hard time hurting Supes.

Speed:

The winning attribute. Let's get right down to business. The Parademon feat.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

You know this feat, everyone knows this feat. Every single Parademon worldwide, was hit so hard that they exploded, by Superman. This is very impressive as the entire feat would have taken less than a minute in total which means that Supes had to erratically fly all over the world in seconds.

But this feats isn't actually that impressive when you consider that Supes is FTL.

Injustice Annual 1

Sunlight takes 8 minutes and 20 seconds to get to Earth, Supes takes 20 seconds.

But that isn't all of course, Supes also has super fast perception, he perceives the world in slow motion, almost as if it is stopped completely.

The explosion behind them doesn't even move and that conversation goes on for 3 more pages.

Same issue

And again, keep that feat above in mind for the Flash because Supes is able to flat out tag the guy.

Year 5: Issue 27
Year 5: Issue 27

Now I will admit that Barry dodged him a page earlier, but this time he wasn't fast enough to dodge and was tagged at the chin (he is fast enough to move his head out of the way though). Proof that Barry is tagged is in the next page where he is shown, bleeding.

Same issue
Same issue

That's crazy impressive. But Supes has more. Twice, Superman has been proven to be faster than thought, once against Kyle.

Year 1: Issue 4
Year 1: Issue 4

And the next against Kilowog where Supes confirms that he is faster than thought.

Year 2: Issue 10
Year 2: Issue 10

What does this mean? It means that Supes will be way too fast for Skaar to tag, in fact he will be too fast for Skaar to even see if he wants. And every member of the Green Lantern core is capable of inter-galactic travel so I doubt Skaar has faster perceptions than they have.

No Caption Provided

Before I close this section out, I just want to point out how he used his Parademon strategy in Injustice 2 as well, against Brainiac's ship, he shook the entire ship with this move.

No Caption Provided

Heat Vision

This probably won't be a big factor but I want to cover my bases.

First of all, Supes is able to blow up the Batplane with his HV.

Now you might be thinking how weak that is, but Billy doesn't see it the same way.

Loading Video...

As you can see, Supes slowly zaps through his skull trhough his eyes (doubles as a strength feat cause Billy couldn't even loosen Supes' grip no matter how hard he tried). Billy isn't weak to energy either as Ganthet heat shots him with it and Billy is fine.

Year 1: Issue 22
Year 1: Issue 22

Conclusion:

Supes is strong enough to make people who are normally on his level look like chumps, he is durable enough to no sell hits from high tiers, he is fast enough to completely disappear. from Skaar's radar and to top it all off, his HV is not something to mess with.

With all that said here is one way Supes can pull one of these

Loading Video...

Except when Supes does it, the only thing coming back down with him will be a lifeless hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#11 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you did forget one of his most impressive durability feats, I assume you left it for counters.

#12 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: Yeah, gonna keep it locked up till Skaar's feats against WBH and his trillion ton punch get used.

#13 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Rac95 (5663 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#15 Posted by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#16 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

tag

#17 Edited by Thedailybagel (12944 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#20 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump for voters.

#21 Posted by Kevd4wg (13148 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag

#22 Posted by DeathHero61 (18876 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hellstorm: Going straight into it.

No Caption Provided

Skaar

No Caption Provided

Skaar Strength vs Superman durability

You have certainly provided some decent durability feats for Superman. But I don't think it's enough to suggest he isn't getting taken down by Skaar. Skaar's strength is above anyone Superman has fought. To start off slow, here is a feat of him stomping and splitting the ground to take down a bunch of Dinosaurs in Skaar King of Savage land#3.

Another fairly impressive feat for Hulks comes in the Incredible Hulk #606. Here was fighting and killing a bunch of Mole Man's monsters. In one instance he was able to throw a bus with enough force to send a giant monster over building and into the force-field to kill him

No Caption Provided

Your best striking feat for Superman was when he punched Biazarro creating a sonic boom. While I know the sonic boom aspect isn't the only that makes this feat impressive feat. Skaar has casually replicated that with someone who has even better feats than Bizarro, Red She Hulk. Skaar did this in incredible hulk #611 when he was fighting Hulk. Betty tired to intervene and help and got casually one shotted away.

No Caption Provided

Now that isn't enough to take down Superman. So I will go a step further. The best physical durability feat you displayed for Superman was when he tanked being punched to another city. Well Skaar can send people to another state. In Wolverine Origin #40 Skaar kicked Wolverine to an entire different State. This a good deal above sending someone to another City and Skaar did it fairly casually.

The last physical showing I will present is his fight against Juggernaut in Incredible Hulk #602. During his fight with Juggernaut he punched him hard enough to send him straight into space and close to another planet. This feat was formed with his Old power. It is far from his limits and he can produce a lot more damage but a strike like this should be enough to take Injustice Superman down.

And if that isn't enough Skaar also has his sword which he can use to cut people up. He used it against Dr Doom in incredible hulk #606. he managed to cut through his suit. You have shown a single piercing durability for Superman. Which means that this point he gets cut up.

No Caption Provided

Now speaking of piercing attacks, Skaar can use the old power to damage like this. You provided a couple of energy durability feats for Superman but they are largely irrelevant. Skaar doesn't use the old power the way say his brother Hiro-Kala does. Skaar uses first and for most to amp his own physicals but he can also use it manipulate his surroundings. Like for example large spike capable of impale his father Green Scar.

No Caption Provided

So essentially Skaar has to mean of taking down his opponent. Either through his sheer physical strength or through piercing attacks. Both of which can be amplified with the use of his old power. Superman's durability is decent but no where near enough to suggest he doesn't get one shotted by one of Skaars old power strikes. Skaar is just a league above in anyone Clark has faced physically. Then theres the fact that he has no piercing resistance feats of any worth. Meaning Skaar can very easily cut him and shred him with spikes.

Another thing I need to mention is that Clark has also struggled with opponents that with some level of skill. Skaar isn't a skilled warrior by any means but he has been fighting for his life from birth and was training and made stronger by banner.

Skaar Durability vs Superman Physicals

Honestly most of the striking feats you showed for Superman were sort of mediocre for characters at this tier. Most of them are hurting people are most featless and require you to assume their power. The slamming Sinestro in the moon was the best feat you presented due to the damage done. But even then a small crack into the moon is still not enough.

To start of I will post a feat that should be more impressive than anything you have shown so far.. Such as when he fought Silver Surfer in Skaar: Son of Hulk #10. in previous issues he tanked several of silver surfers attacks but in this issue he survived being sent from space on to Sakaar. He survived the fall and was back up in no time. That includes the heat of re entry.

Skaar has tanked attacks from foes far more powerful than Superman when it comes to striking. The most obvious one being his father Hulk. he has fought bought the Green Scar and regular old Savage Hulk. In his first fight with the latter in Skaar: Son of Hulk #12 he tanked multiple strikes from him including one that sent him flying into a mountain. He bled a little but aside from that he was fine.

I don't think I need go into depth on what Hulk can do. He most certainly has better striking feats that Superman even in his savage state. However I can expand on his showings further in later posts when discussing the Green Scar.

Now aside from Hulk, Skaar has tanked attacks from other marvel powerhouses whose striking feats blow Superman's out of the water. Like for example Thor, However not regular Thor but a a gamma amped one. Skaar in Incredible hulk #609 took a full hammer strike from a gamma amped Thor to the face and was back up in the next panel.

Now how strong is Thor ? Well I will first bring up feat of a younger Thor in The Mighty Thor #7 where he fights a viking named Bodlof who was amped by Loki. This was Thor prior to getting Mjolnir, so with his bare fists he fought a an amped Viking and punched him right through the planet. This is a more impressive sticking feat than anything you have displayed for Superman. And when Skaar tanked his strike he had his hammer and was gamma amped.

I can go a step rather and show a Thor strike with his hammer from Thor God of Thunder #9. Here he is fighting Gorr the God Butcher in argubally one of the greatest comic book battles. He strikes Gorr with his hammer to make a huge crack in moon near by.

No Caption Provided

Tip of the iceberg to be honest. like I said he also fought Green Scar whose striking feats are above almost all characters in that tier. So those feats will come but for now this is more than enough to suggest he is durable enough for his physical strikes.

Now on to heat vision. Just to nip in the bud right from the start. Skaar has more than enough durability to deal with such attacks. The guy was literally born in lava so heat really has little effect on him. Here is an instance of a young Skaar in Skaar Son of Hulk #2 tanking of 3 different dragons simultaneously. And he just smiles

No Caption Provided

If that isn't enough Skaar tanked a blast from his brother Hiro-kala in incredible hulks #618. Here he tanked a continuous old power blast that was ripping apart the entire plane they were on. Skaar was tanking the continuous blast was able to punch his brother. This leagues above what Superman can do with heat vision so Skaar will have little issue tanking it.

Skaar can tank whatever Superman throws at him. His physical durability feats blow anything you have shown for Superman so far out of the water and I haven't even got into his best ones yet. While Superman's heat vision is no where near powerful enough to do any damage to Skaar. Skaar is simply far too durable for Superman.

Superman's speed

Superman is faster, there is no doubt about it. But there is really nothing he can do with it. I mean Skaar has every other advantage that this will just prolong the fight a little longer. Now you will argue that Skaar can't even touch Superman. But I heavily disagree. And it's not because Skaar is fast but it's simply because having super speed has never stopped slower characters from tagging Superman. That is evident in your very scans with people like Doomsday tagging him with no issue.

For someone who can supposedly view the world in slow motion he regular gets tagged by slower people. For example here when he fight Grundy and Biazarro.. He just punches Biazarro and then get tagged by Grundy. Sure he was more focused on Bizarro but Grundy is slower by a good degree and Injustcie Superman should have had no difficulty avoiding it.

No Caption Provided

Superman has the speed but he rarely uses it dodge at high speeds on combat. None of your feats actually show him using his speed in one on one fights to avoid attacks or blitz. In another example of this was when he fought Black Canary. She managed to tag him with a bullet. He was holding her in his hands and she still managed to shoot him without him being able to avoid or see it.

There's more instance of this. But bottom line is he can be tagged by people slower than him as is the case with a lot of high tiers. Injustice Superman doesn't sue his speed they way say his Post Crisis incarnation does. While he did display a good showing against Braniacs ship it all amount to nothing and you never see him do stuff like this in one on one fights

Overall

Skaar is stronger and more durable. He has multiple means of attacking Superman and can tank anything thrown at him. Superman's speed is useless when he can't hurt his opponents and Skaar can tag him.

#25 Posted by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by ANTHP2000 (30326 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, the Injustice is getting some love!

T4V

#27 Posted by HigherPower (12407 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#28 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Skaar's skin needs to touch the Earth for his old power to work, right?

#29 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Skaar's skin needs to touch the Earth for his old power to work, right?

as long as he has his feet on the ground

#32 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: I'm going to go a little unorthodox with my order of things.

No Caption Provided

Skaar Strength vs Superman durability

I'm only going to hit on the big ones since the first scans you showed weren't all that impressive in comparison, and it would be redundant to counter them all. With that said let's start with the state punch.

Now that isn't enough to take down Superman. So I will go a step further. The best physical durability feat you displayed for Superman was when he tanked being punched to another city. Well Skaar can send people to another state. In Wolverine Origin #40 Skaar kicked Wolverine to an entire different State. This a good deal above sending someone to another City and Skaar did it fairly casually.

Being sent to another city wasn't even the best part, the best part is the vertical distance Superman traveled

No Caption Provided

That scan shows Superman entering LEO or maybe even leaving LEO (as the white sphere around Earth could indicate). LEO is Low Earth Orbit which means Supes was punches 400 to 1,000 miles above Earth's surface vertically, that is not counting the horizontal ark he flew in. Not only that but going "the next state over" could mean you travel one kilometer or a hundred+ depending on where you were and which states, but we do not have a given distance or location.

The last physical showing I will present is his fight against Juggernaut in Incredible Hulk #602. During his fight with Juggernaut he punched him hard enough to send him straight into space and close to another planet. This feat was formed with his Old power. It is far from his limits and he can produce a lot more damage but a strike like this should be enough to take Injustice Superman down.

That was done via Old Power, which to be honest, I don't think will be much of a factor in this fight given that Supes knows how powerful it is thanks to having full knowledge. More on that later. For now, I show the time Darkseid and Superman were fighting so hard that the entire planet felt their blows.

Year 4: Issue 22
Year 4: Issue 22

This was confirmed by both Desaad and Orion/the Source.

Same issue as above

AKA Superman was tanking and dishing out blows that was shaking and rupturing the planet, down to its core. Hits like this.

Same issue as above
Same issue as above

With this feat, while I can't directly say that it is better than yours since world shaking and sending someone to another world are two entirely different things, however it is very clearly on the same level.

And if that isn't enough Skaar also has his sword which he can use to cut people up. He used it against Dr Doom in incredible hulk #606. he managed to cut through his suit. You have shown a single piercing durability for Superman. Which means that this point he gets cut up.

Sadly no high tier in DC, and especially in Injustice, uses piecing weapons so Supes has no feats against it. However, I don't believe Supes will get tagged by this.Especially not by this.

Like for example large spike capable of impale his father Green Scar.

Since this requires Supes to be close to the ground for some reason.

Asides from the fact that Supes can dodge those attacks, he also has a crazy high pain tolerance.

Year 5: Issue #32

As you can see, a bloodlusted Hawkman beats Clark brutally using a Kryptonite mace. But as I seen here

Year 5: Issue #32

It does not keep Supes from killing Hawkman with ease, later it is shown that Superman was posioned because of the scans before this one, meaning he was poisoned during the fight, also Flash was still holding the Kryptonite during the fight so it was still actively weakening him. Now as I said Hawkman is killed with ease, however as I showed here

Year 5: Issue #30

He lasted 30 seconds with Mongul and came out uninjured. Meaning while severly weakened and beaten Superman's striking and speed is still above Mongul's. Showing how quickly he can recover and his durability.

TL;DR: Supes who was just beat up by a bloodlusted Hawkman, poisoned by synthetic Kryptonite, can still beat Hawkman, who is durable in his own right, with extreme ease while being in close vicinity to a Kryptonite mace.

So essentially Skaar has to mean of taking down his opponent. Either through his sheer physical strength or through piercing attacks. Both of which can be amplified with the use of his old power. Superman's durability is decent but no where near enough to suggest he doesn't get one shotted by one of Skaars old power strikes.

Sending Juggs to Jupiter isn't nearly enough to claim a one shot.

Skaar is just a league above in anyone Clark has faced physically. Then theres the fact that he has no piercing resistance feats of any worth. Meaning Skaar can very easily cut him and shred him with spikes.

Easily? How would he even tag Supes? You have provided little to no speed feats.

Another thing I need to mention is that Clark has also struggled with opponents that with some level of skill. Skaar isn't a skilled warrior by any means but he has been fighting for his life from birth and was training and made stronger by banner.

He has struggled with Batman and Wonder Woman. Both would stomp Skaar when it comes to skill as both were trained and not purely self taught in the wild.

Skaar Durability vs Superman Physicals

Honestly most of the striking feats you showed for Superman were sort of mediocre for characters at this tier. Most of them are hurting people are most featless and require you to assume their power.

This isn't true for the most part (every major character has feats from Sinestro to Hal to Barry to Huntress to Black Canary) and is something I went into the last time I used Injustice Supes. However I won't go into it again as it spun a long debate which was largely unnecessary.

The slamming Sinestro in the moon was the best feat you presented due to the damage done. But even then a small crack into the moon is still not enough.

Then it is a good thing that it isn't Supes' best feat.

To start of I will post a feat that should be more impressive than anything you have shown so far.. Such as when he fought Silver Surfer in Skaar: Son of Hulk #10. in previous issues he tanked several of silver surfers attacks but in this issue he survived being sent from space on to Sakaar. He survived the fall and was back up in no time. That includes the heat of re entry.

First of all, I would like to point out how Superman did that feat but better (shot from space to ground, shot by missiles, hit by Canary Cry and got up fine)

You can see the entire sequence in my first post
You can see the entire sequence in my first post

"But why does it matter?" You may be asking. Well, it matters because physically speaking Bizzaro is exactly as strong as Superman.

Year 5: Issue 19
Year 5: Issue 19

And again, Bizzaro is the same guy Supes knocked away at mach speeds OPM style.

Skaar has tanked attacks from foes far more powerful than Superman when it comes to striking. The most obvious one being his father Hulk. he has fought bought the Green Scar and regular old Savage Hulk. In his first fight with the latter in Skaar: Son of Hulk #12 he tanked multiple strikes from him including one that sent him flying into a mountain. He bled a little but aside from that he was fine.

That's not tanking. He was being beaten to a pulp and got back up. Tanking would be if he wasn't sent flying by that hit and was just a little dazed or unharmed. Asides from that, as I already showed Superman and Darkseid were causing a planet to rupture with their blows, that blows this feat out of the water.

No Caption Provided

Even as a combined feat of Hulk and Darkseid, this still makes hitting people into mountains look puny.

These types of hits will certainly hurt Skaar. In Incredible Hulk #602 it was shown that Juggernaut could beat down on Skaar with his blows, completely overpowering Skaar and drawing blood from him. Skaar had the Old Power when this happened.

No Caption Provided

Earlier in the issue, we are told that those hits from Juggs were causing earthquakes

No Caption Provided

Only earthquakes, Supes was helping DS shake the planet down to its core. A feat much more impressive than Juggs'. Now, I am not going to try to say that because of this, Supes can easily overpower Skaar or anything, however I am saying that this should be enough evidence to say that Skaar would feel Supes' hits and maybe even bleed from them.

Now aside from Hulk, Skaar has tanked attacks from other marvel powerhouses whose striking feats blow Superman's out of the water. Like for example Thor, However not regular Thor but a a gamma amped one. Skaar in Incredible hulk #609 took a full hammer strike from a gamma amped Thor to the face and was back up in the next panel.

Is this the same Gamma Thor that Red Hulk was able to block in Hulked Out Heroes issue #2?

No Caption Provided

The same gamma Thor Hulk-Spidey restrained with webs and drew blood from in World War Hulks: Spider-Man vs. Thor Issue #1

The same one who needed to hit Spidey multiple times to make him concede in the next issue?

Backwards

Because if so, then scaling this the scaling

Now how strong is Thor ? Well I will first bring up feat of a younger Thor in The Mighty Thor #7 where he fights a viking named Bodlof who was amped by Loki. This was Thor prior to getting Mjolnir, so with his bare fists he fought a an amped Viking and punched him right through the planet. This is a more impressive sticking feat than anything you have displayed for Superman. And when Skaar tanked his strike he had his hammer and was gamma amped.

This scaling is bad. Unless Red Hulk can take block planet level strikes and Spider Hulk can take multiple planet level strikes. Which is highky unlikely since Red Hulk has been hurt by lesser blows

Hulk #28, Hulk #7, Hulk #47

As you can see he takes hits from Namor, She Hulk and Red She Hulk. Red She Hulk even makes him bleed. But none of these characters can send someone through a planet or have their shockwaves crack moons.

If that isn't enough Skaar tanked a blast from his brother Hiro-kala in incredible hulks #618. Here he tanked a continuous old power blast that was ripping apart the entire plane they were on. Skaar was tanking the continuous blast was able to punch his brother. This leagues above what Superman can do with heat vision so Skaar will have little issue tanking it.

Very well, I concede this point. Heat vision would not work.

Skaar can tank whatever Superman throws at him. His physical durability feats blow anything you have shown for Superman so far out of the water

You haven't even shown any feats for Gamma Thor who, as I showed, probably isn't hitting as hard as the Thor in your scans.

and I haven't even got into his best ones yet.

Okay then.

While Superman's heat vision is no where near powerful enough to do any damage to Skaar. Skaar is simply far too durable for Superman.

Supes is mainly a quick brawler so this makes little difference.

Superman: Overcoming The Odds

This will be a short extension of Superman's strength as I will be showcasing times when Supes overpowered or stalemated foes who were physically stronger than him.

First up we have him forcing Brainiac to fall on his knees.

No Caption Provided

At this point Supes had been locked up in a red sun jail for years (depending on how long the comic takes) and had only a day to get his strength back, however he was still able to force Brainiac to kneel before him, Brainaic claimed that he was equal to Superman.

But that is just an appetizer. Superman was also able to catch Hercules' punch.

Year 4: Issue 12
Year 4: Issue 12

If you take a look at athe panel where Supes catches the punch you can see what seems to be a mach cone forming around Herc's fist, so he was definitely using a lot of power (especially since it was meant to be a killing blow). This is made even more impressive when you consider the fact that Injustice Hercules is much more powerful than Superman is, Herc later OHKOs Superman into space with a punch (though Supes recovers).

Same issue as above

This theme is actually consistent throughout the series. For example in Injustice Ground Zeroes Issue #24 Injustice Superman was able to force down alt Superman down to his knees.

No Caption Provided

Alt Supes was confirmed to be superior to Injustice Supes.

No Caption Provided

And of course, Supes' most infamous strength feat was matching Darkseid. But not only was Supes matching Darkseid, he was knocking him around with his hits, and as I showed earlier, Darkseid and Supes were shaking a planet down to its core in their fight so Darkseid isn't "featless".

Year 4: Issue 21

Those scans come one after the other btw. In fact here is a page of Supes just beating Darkseid down in the same issue.

No Caption Provided

TL;DR: Skaar's biggest advantage in this fight would have to be his strength if nothing else, but every time someone had that advantage against Supes, he proved why he is the Man of Steel and a force to be reckoned with.

Superman's speed

Superman is faster, there is no doubt about it. But there is really nothing he can do with it. I mean Skaar has every other advantage that this will just prolong the fight a little longer.

I disagree. In all other categories Skaar and Supes are at least comparable but in terms of speed it is a complete none contest, a winning attribute.

Now you will argue that Skaar can't even touch Superman. But I heavily disagree. And it's not because Skaar is fast but it's simply because having super speed has never stopped slower characters from tagging Superman. That is evident in your very scans with people like Doomsday tagging him with no issue.

Who says that Doomsday is slow? In his first appearance in Injustice he tags the Flash.

Year 5: Issue 1

As you can see, Flash sees Doomsday coming and pushes Supes out of the way but he isn't fast enough to save himself. Doomsday also jumps the distance he punches Supes which is how he appeared in Gotham after punching Superman there from Metropolis.

Year 5: Issue 2
For someone who can supposedly view the world in slow motion he regular gets tagged by slower people. For example here when he fight Grundy and Biazarro.. He just punches Biazarro and then get tagged by Grundy. Sure he was more focused on Bizarro but Grundy is slower by a good degree and Injustcie Superman should have had no difficulty avoiding it.

1. Superman was distracted and 2. Who says this isn't a feat for Grundy? This Grundy is unestablished, so there is no reason to assume that he is slow as in his only few showing he is shown tagging the likes of Superman.

I also find it to be slightly disingenuous to say this when it comes to strength

"Most of them are hurting people are most featless and require you to assume their power."

But are okay with assuming speed when it helps your case.

And remember, Grundy tags Bizzaro in that fight as well, and he tags Bizzaro as he is getting blitzed.

Unless Bizzaro is also holding back (which would make no sense as he doesn't even have the mental capacity), it is pretty clear that in that fight Grundy was fast.

Superman has the speed but he rarely uses it dodge at high speeds on combat. None of your feats actually show him using his speed in one on one fights to avoid attacks or blitz. In another example of this was when he fought Black Canary. She managed to tag him with a bullet. He was holding her in his hands and she still managed to shoot him without him being able to avoid or see it.

Superman's reaction clearly indicates that it was a surprise attack.

No Caption Provided

And it isn't uncommon for Superman to be tagged by Krytopnite bullets by surprise. In Batman/Superman Issue #16 Superman was also tagged by Kryptonite bullets multiple times since he was caught off guard.

No Caption Provided

Same Superman that was casually bullet timing just a page earlier.

No Caption Provided

So being tagged by Kryptonite bullets is no indication of speed.

There's more instance of this. But bottom line is he can be tagged by people slower than him as is the case with a lot of hightiers.

This is true but it does not mean that Skaar can tag him, you have shown no feats of Skaar tagging any speedster or Superman esque character.

Injustice Superman doesn't sue his speed they way say his Post Crisis incarnation does. While he did display a good showing against Braniacs ship it all amount to nothing and you never see him do stuff like this in one on one fights

He never does that, but why does it matter? Just because he doesn't phase through attacks doesn't mean he does not use his speed in combat.

Superman's Speed Extended

In here I will talk about how Supes actually uses his speed. But first things first, I will have to address this

"None of your feats actually show him using his speed in one on one fights to avoid attacks or blitz."

Cause this is just plain wrong. I showed Supes literally blitzing Kyle (or Hal depending on your head canon) and avoiding Kilowog in one on one combat.

He does this yet again against Guy.

Year 2: Issue 17
Year 2: Issue 17

There he dodges Guy then blitzes him a page later.

No Caption Provided

I also showed Supes blizting the Flash (or at least trying to.)

No Caption Provided

That is 4x he used his speed in one on one combat. I'm not really seeing why you would make the claim.

This next couple of scans, while not a one on one combat feat, should really cement Superman's reaction speed. Why? Because he is able to dodge a planet sized blast while carrying Hal and Sinestro.

Year 2: Issue 18
Year 2: Issue 18

Here is a picture depicting the incredible size of the blast he dodged.

Same issue as above
Same issue as above

How do I know Supes dodges that? Because in Issue 17, it shows Supes, Hal and Sinestro being in Mogo's line of sight, then the next page shows Mogo firing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That was the last we see of Supes, Sinestrp and Hal in that issue but in the next issue we see Supes carrying Sinestro and Hal away. Clearly implying Supes carrying them away after the shot was fired. And before you bring it up, Hal may look unconscious but he isn't unconscious.

For the sake of consistency, here is another crazy speed feat in Year 4: Issue 23. In this issue Wonder Woman has to dispose of nukes, she takes it to space and with just two seconds left, Superman rockets in and takes the nukes far enough that Diana is unharmed by the blast.

No Caption Provided

A blast radius of a nuke is huge, this is what the blast radius of a 70 year old bomb (Fat Man) would look like if it was detonated in New York.

No Caption Provided

Which means that Superman flew that far in 2 seconds. Not only that but he also was able to catch WW before she could fall back to the ground a page later.

No Caption Provided

Superman Speedblitz

Superman speedblitzes, and he does it a lot.

He does it against Grundy in Year 1: #16

No Caption Provided

He does it again in Year 5: #11

He does it against Sinestro in Year 2: #4

Against Renee Montoya in Year 4: #3

No Caption Provided

He takes Lobo and Parasite to the Sun in Year 5: #3 and the first annual.

He blitzes Darkseid in Year 5: #21

No Caption Provided

And lastly, to solidify his speedblitzing, here Supes is blitzing illusion Doomsday as his initial reaction in Year 1: #3

TL;DR: Superman bull rush blitzes basically any chance he gets.

How Superman Wins

In this section I will show how Supes will win in a step by step process.

Step 1: Take the Fight Sky High

Superman will do to Skaar what he did to Kalibak (as I showed in my first post), and punch him into the sky. This is something Supes does often (which is why his super moves in Injustice 1&2 involve him doing that), here he is doing it against Aquaman in the first Injustice game.

No Caption Provided

This will remove the Old Power from the fight and increase Superman's already enormous mobility advantage as Skaar.

Step 2: Dodge and Pummel

Once in the air, Supes will only have to fly around any of Skaar's attacks and beat on him. I already showed Supes dodging around GL's so here it is again.

No Caption Provided

As for attack, Supes would be hammering down on Skaar. His super move should provide visual aid.

Step 3: Repeat & Win

Supes would now just have to repeat step 2 over and over and over again until Skaar is out. He will only have t perform step one once then keep Skaar in the air.

Conclusion

Without the Old Power Skaar has very few advantages against Supes, in fact I would even go so far as to see that he would have no advantages against Supes, not only that but from what I have seen Supes would even have better striking (compare planet shaking to kicking someone to another state) than Skaar.

With Old Power. Superman is still vastly superior in terms of speed, he can quite literally circle around the battlefield dozens of times, then fly back and Skaar wouldn't even know what happened. Not only that but Supes is durable and strong enough to fight Skaar even with the Old Power, this is likely to change in your next post but unless you bring up something big, Skaar's advantage in durability and strength combine will not make up for his lack of speed.

#33 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#34 Posted by blackpantherisb (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#38 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkingthanos: Fixed. Tell me if you find any more that needs fixing.

#41 Posted by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkingthanos: You weren't rude at all so it would bother me if I was even a little rude to you.

#43 Posted by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkingthanos: You weren't rude at all so it would bother me if I was even a little rude to you.

Well I got a little rude in my counter as retaliation lol. Now I have to fix all that.

#44 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio

Counters

Skaar Strength vs Superman Durability

That scan shows Superman entering LEO or maybe even leaving LEO (as the white sphere around Earth could indicate). LEO is Low Earth Orbit which means Supes was punches 400 to 1,000 miles above Earth's surface vertically, that is not counting the horizontal ark he flew in. Not only that but going "the next state over" could mean you travel one kilometer or a hundred+ depending on where you were and which states, but we do not have a given distance or location.

Well we aren't given an exact measure on how far up he went. Considering how small the horizontal arc is since he was simply punched into the enxt city, I'm not sure it was all that impressive. The implication with the Wovlerine scan that he punched him by a fairly large distance to get rid of him. I mean it was a casual kick anyway.

That was done via Old Power, which to be honest, I don't think will be much of a factor in this fight given that Supes knows how powerful it is thanks to having full knowledge. More on that later. For now, I show the time Darkseid and Superman were fighting so hard that the entire planet felt their blows.

This first point makes no sense. So what if he knows how powerful it is. It doesn't change his own durability. It's like saying Skaar knows how strong Superman is so it won't be a factor. it is still his striking power regardless of the source.

Anyway as for the Darkseid feat. I wasn't expecting to see it here but regardless I have several things to say about it.

First of all looking at your scans there were 3 separate descriptions of what was. From what I gather the force of their punches were affect the planets core, which would have resulted in it's complete rupture and thus killed millions on the planet. Shaking the core is not nearly as impressive as shaking the planet itself. Secondly this isn't a durability feat. In the third scan we see them strike each other which created a shockwave. This just means that their striking strength together was causing the the planet to shake. Also it wasn't even all striking strength. The scan that just precedes the one you showed was them clashing with their respective eye blasts

No Caption Provided

Apokolips is also not a planet but more of giant machine. You can even see the giant holes in it. It doesn't possess as much mass as a planet does. And well my final point regarding this, is something I'm sure you expected and that is size. The depiction of the size of Apokolips varies a lot in DC there are statements that say they are huge but when compared to planets it is smaller. Around moon sized.

Asides from the fact that Supes can dodge those attacks, he also has a crazy high pain tolerance.

So you have openly admitted that he has no piercing feats. Paint tolerance doesn't matter when your limbs have been chopped off. Skaar can cut his head off, considering he has 0 piercing durability feats.

This is false. Sending Juggs to Jupiter isn't nearly enough to claim a one shot.

Based of the feats you have shown so far it does. You apokolips example isn't a durability feat it's a shared sticking feat of them damage a core of a machine of unknown size. I mean it's a decent striking showing but by no means a durability feat. Your only actual durability showing is the Doomsday showing. But that is no where near comparable to punching someone to Jupiter. The difference in distance is massive. And against this wasn't done with much effort.

Also like to point out that Superman has been KOed by a punch similar to this which if anything is weaker considering the distance. In Injustice Year #4 Issue 12. He got knocked out by an orbit punch from Hercules. Now he did come back but that was an issue later. So this is as good as win condition for incap. Not to mention Skaar's strike is even stronger.

However with all that said I might as well bring up his best striking feat, coming in Incredible Hulk #611. The infamous trillion ton punch. Skaar using the Old Power was able to muster up hundreds of trillion tons of power to use against Hulk. That's over a hundred million megatons of power in a single punch. That is most definitely one shotting Clark

Easily? How would he even tag Supes? You have provided little to no speed feats.

I went over why he tag Clark. He only has to do it once. You haven't shown Clark actively using combat speed. Simply being fast isn't enough if you don't use your speed.

No, he has struggled with Batman and Wonder Woman. Both would stomp Skaar when it comes to skill as both were trained and not purely self taught in the wild.

He got stomped by Alfred. Alfred who I believe just has some boxing training. Also what skill showings do Batman and Wonder Woman even have in injustice?

Durability

This isn't true for the most part (every major character has feats from Sinestro to Hal to Barry to Huntress to Black Canary) and is something I went into the last time I used Injustice Supes. However I won't go into it again as it spun a long debate which was largely unnecessary.

Alright I will rephrase that. None of them have any impressive durability showings. They are all well below their Pre 52 incarnations in terms of physicals and durability. Sinestro for example doesn't have any planetary durability feats like his other versions. So hurting him isn't that impressive at this level.

"But why does it matter?" You may be asking. Well, it matters because physically speaking Bizzaro is exactly as strong as Superman.

The exact word was "resembles" Not that he is exactly as strong or as durable. Simply that he resembles superman. Meaning he is similar but based on their fight he is still below Superman. He was created after all so his stats aren't exactly the same as someone who grew up under the yellow sun and honed his abilities.

That's not tanking. He was being beaten to a pulp and got back up. Tanking would be if he wasn't sent flying by that hit and was just a little dazed or unharmed. Asides from that, as I already showed Superman and Darkseid were causing a planet to rupture with their blows, that blows this feat out of the water.

Planet's core, not the planet, those are two very different things. As the core is a lot smaller. It is also a shared feat and not one superman would be able to perform this on his own. And he was hardly beaten to a pulp. He had a bloody face and that's all it was. Which he can heal from in seconds if not faster.

These types of hits will certainly hurt Skaar. In Incredible Hulk #602 it was shown that Juggernaut could beat down on Skaar with his blows, completely overpowering Skaar and drawing blood from him. Skaar had the Old Power when this happened.

Skaa was letting him do this. Skaar was infact faking the whole thing so that he could get Juggernaut to stop. He didn't beat him down, he acted as if he was hurt and then tricked Juggernaut to stop his momentum. Pretty shitty attempt at lowballing, if you are going do this atleast take into account the full context. Don't just post one scan.

Supes was helping DS shake the planet down to its core. A feat much more impressive than Juggs'. Now, I am not going to try to say that because of this, Supes can easily overpower Skaar or anything, however I am saying that this should be enough evidence to say that Skaar would feel Supes' hits and maybe even bleed from them.

Already addressed this feat above

Also how many times has he replicated this since? Because even with everything it still seems like an outlier.

Is this the same Gamma Thor that Red Hulk was able to block in Hulked Out Heroes issue #2?

You do realize that is the same Red Hulk who took down Silver Surfer right. I fail to see how this changes anything. Rulk was really powerful at this time. Even taking down regular savage hulk. This isn't a low showing for Gamma Thor.

The same gamma Thor Hulk-Spidey restrained with webs and drew blood from in World War Hulks: Spider-Man vs. Thor Issue #1

What does this have to do with his striking ?

The same one who needed to hit Spidey multiple times to make him concede in the next issue?

Spider took a hammer throw and punch. Not a direct Mjlonier strike like Rulk or Skaar did. So it really doesn't change anything.

Unless Red Hulk can take block planet level strikes and Spider Hulk can take multiple planet level strikes. Which is highky unlikely since Red Hulk has been hurt by lesser blows

Didn't say anything about planet level. This was Loeb Force Rulk that fought Gamma Thor. Same Rulk that beat Savage Hulk and Silver Surfer as well as taking on Green Scar himself. I don't see how him taking hits from thor is low shwoing for Thor.

The last two scans show his daughter just wailing on him. His daughter who he wouldn't do anything t. Of course he is just going let her hit him. But even then it's not like she did any meaningful damage. That Namor instance is a low showing considering the several showings of him that contradict that.

And Rulk has actually taken hits from planet busters. Like Beta Ray Bill in annihilators: earthfall #2. Who even said he was finding it hard to put him down.

No Caption Provided

You haven't even shown any feats for Gamma Thor who, as I showed, probably isn't hitting as hard as the Thor in your scans.

It's the same Thor with an amp. It's not a different character. Unless you are going to argue that the Gamma amp somehow weakened him. And I can show you feats of Thor struggling to put down street levellers too. Does that mean regular Thor is weak? No it's just a low showing. He didn't even use a direct hammer strike on Spider-Man.

Anyway his best feat is tanking strikes from a guy leagues above Superman could ever hope to be close to in terms of strength. That person being Green Scar. In Incredible Hulk #611. He was actually goading Hulk into fighting even telling him that he was responsible for Caiera's death. And well when it comes Caiera, Hulk just loses it(He waged war on Earth over her) So he didn't hold back.

This was the strongest version of Hulk seen so far and Skaar took hits from him and was still fighting. This was the same hulk who in Incredible Hulk #3 was able to create Earthquakes around the globe with just his own punches. And this was a weaker incarnation of the Hulk that Skaar fought and tanked strikes from. This is his best durability feat.

At this point Supes had been locked up in a red sun jail for years (depending on how long the comic takes) and had only a day to get his strength back, however he was still able to force Brainiac to kneel before him, Brainaic claimed that he was equal to Superman.

Claiming you are equal to someone doesn't make you as strong as them. Braniac was as powerful if not more due to other reasons not due to physical strength. And superman didn't seem weakened once he go into the yellow sun. He was fighting at full power with no problem.

If you take a look at athe panel where Supes catches the punch you can see what seems to be a mach cone forming around Herc's fist, so he was definitely using a lot of power (especially since it was meant to be a killing blow). This is made even more impressive when you consider the fact that Injustice Hercules is much more powerful than Superman is, Herc later OHKOs Superman into space with a punch (though Supes recovers).

All it shows is that Hercules wasn't going all out against Superman initially. Because as soon he started getting serious he oneshotted Superman. Superman recovered an issue later which is as good as a win for Herc. It shows physically superior foes can over Power Superman.

This theme is actually consistent throughout the series. For example in Injustice Ground Zeroes Issue #24 Injustice Superman was able to force down alt Superman down to his knees.

This was just a surprise attack. Superman was trying to talk to him and he struck him. the strike did no damage at all and Superman got up instantly with no damage done to him at all. So hitting someone stronger than you means nothing if you don't do any damage to him.

No Caption Provided

Skaar's biggest advantage in this fight would have to be his strength if nothing else, but every time someone had that advantage against Supes, he proved why he is the Man of Steel and a force to be reckoned with.

He got beat by both Hercules and future Superman. Darkseid seemed equal to him not stronger. Braniac has no strength feats. So the two people he fought that were actually stronger than hum physically easily took him down.

Speed

I disagree. In all other categories Skaar and Supes are at least comparable but in terms of speed it is a complete none contest, a winning attribute.

Except this is not the case as shown above. Your entire durability and Strength argument hands on one feats. Just one feat. That has several issues as pointed already but here again

1. Not a durability feat since he didn't tank anything
  2. Only ruptured the planets core not the entire planet
  3. A shared feat that they did together.
  4. The shaked the planet through heat vision not through physicals.
  5. Not even a real planet but a large machine with several holes in it. So no where near the mass.
  6. Size of the planet is unknown.

Who says that Doomsday is slow? In his first appearance in Injustice he tags the Flash.

this isn't a speed feat. He aimed for Superman and then ended up tag Flash because Flash pushed him away. You are acting like he aimed for Flash but he didn't. He just jumped and Flash moved superman out of the way and got hit instead.

As you can see, Flash sees Doomsday coming and pushes Supes out of the way but he isn't fast enough to save himself. Doomsday also jumps the distance he punches Supes which is how he appeared in Gotham after punching Superman there from Metropolis.

This is a travel speed feat. It isn't really combat related as he just jumped from one place to another. However if yo do wish to count this as a speed feat then Skaar has done something similar. Except while Doomsday traveled to another city with his jump, Skaar jumped across states when he punched his father.

No Caption Provided

1. Superman was distracted and 2. Who says this isn't a feat for Grundy? This Grundy is unestablished, so there is no reason to assume that he is slow as in his only few showing he is shown tagging the likes of Superman.

He is slow because he has no feats to suggest otherwise. Tagging people in comics has never made you fast. Don't tell me you honestly think Grundy is Superman level in speed.

this was also the same Grundy that was getting blitzed by Arrow in Injustice the game. Arrow was able to dodge his attacks. So Superman should be able too do so any day of the week.

But are okay with assuming speed when it helps your case.

What do you mean? I'm not assuming anyones speed. Infact he is featless so I'm saying he has no speed. Until he displays feats we don't assume he is fast.

Superman's reaction clearly indicates that it was a surprise attack.

It was obviously a surprise attack. But Superman should have been fast enough to see the bullet after it was fired and dodge it. Street levelers dodge surprise gun attacks all the time. But fair enough on the kryptonian bullet aspect I guess

This is true but it does not mean that Skaar can tag him, you have shown no feats of Skaar tagging any speedster or Superman esque character.

I don't need to. He gets tagged by people much slower than him on a consistent basis. Superman ins't a speedster. He doesn't use his speed in a meaningdul way when it comes to fight. he doesn't actively dodge strikes.

He never does that, but why does it matter? Just because he doesn't phase through attacks doesn't mean he does not use his speed in combat.

Superman isn't phasing at all in those scans, those are afterimages. He is using his speed to blitz his opponents. That is using his speed in combat to blitz and opponent. That's the kind of speed you need to suggest you can blitz someone in combat.

Cause this is just plain wrong. I showed Supes literally blitzing Kyle (or Hal depending on your head canon) and avoiding Kilowog in one on one combat.

He wasn't fighting Kyle in combat there though. Kyle was trying to talk him out going to the Joker and Superman just took his ring. I guess the Kilwog feat is good but that didn't seem all that fast to me. Infact most if not all your speed feats are of him blitzing lantern characters. Could just mean they are slow in the Injustce universe. Not the first time they have gotten shafted in a Injustice.

Skaar has some legit FTE speed feats. Which is better than most speed feat you see for the lanterns in Injustice. Here he blitz soldiers at blur speeds in Skar Son of Hulk #1. So Skaar can fight at decent speeds.

That is 4x he used his speed in one on one combat. I'm not really seeing why you would make the claim.

I gave you evidence of what I consider using speed in combat. Seriously what speed feats do the GL have to suggest dodging them requires impressive speed. I mean they are GLs sure but they are even weaker than their mainstream counterpath than Superman. They have a bunch of travel speed feats but that's it. Talking while traveling isn't a combat speed.

And Flash was straight up shown to be faster than him.

No Caption Provided

This next couple of scans, while not a one on one combat feat, should really cement Superman's reaction speed. Why? Because he is able to dodge a planet sized blast while carrying Hal and Sinestro.

So multiple things. First how fast was the blast? Without the speed of the blast this isn't impressive. Secondly we see Superman aware of the fact that Mogo is going to fire something. He could flown them out there just before the blast left Mogo.

For the sake of consistency, here is another crazy speed feat in Year 4: Issue 23. In this issue Wonder Woman has to dispose of nukes, she takes it to space and with just two seconds left, Superman rockets in and takes the nukes far enough that Diana is unharmed by the blast.

This is travel speed.

He does it against Grundy in Year 1: #16

He does it again in Year 5: #11

Against Renee Montoya in Year 4: #3

He takes Lobo and Parasite to the Sun in Year 5: #3 and the first annual.

He blitzes Darkseid in Year 5: #21

All these instances have the same thing in common. His opponent was fighting someone else and he intervened. Bullrushed them whilst they were distracted. In the case here we have a 1 on 1 fight. Skaar won't be distracted or focused on anyone else. He will have his attention all on Superman. Also Aside from Grundy he didn't really do any meaning full damage. He BFRed a couple of people which isn't allowed anyway.

I guess I should ask why durability feats does Grundy have?

He does it against Sinestro in Year 2: #4

Not really a blitz. Sinestro did react to him. His construct was just too weak to deal with it.

No Caption Provided

Supes would now just have to repeat step 2 over and over and over again until Skaar is out. He will only have t perform step one once then keep Skaar in the air.

Has there ever been a single time Superman has done this? With anyone? I mean doing one step is fine but has he done all 3 steps consecutively at all? because otherwise this seems really out of character for him to do.

#47 Posted by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18080 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by emperorthanos- (16779 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#50 Posted by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm rooting for my mysterious friend to win this CaV.