Winner Subline-CAV-DCEU Batman (Subline) vs DCU Robin (Death4bunnies)

• 50 results
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
No Caption Provided

DCU Robin represented by @death4bunnies.

DCEU Batman represented by @subline

Battle Rules:

• Full gear.
  • Start at opposite ends of warehouse.
  • Aware the other is hunting them.
  • Combatants are in character, but serious.
  • Basic knowledge
  • Win by death, KO, or incap.
  • Location Gotham city warehouse.

CAV Rules

• This is a "Challenge a Viner" debate, only @subline and I are allowed to debate
  • If you want to vote at the end of the debate, say "T4V"
  • Vote based on who you believe represented their character or characters better, not based on who you prefer.
  • Please give reasons for your vote(once voting is open).
  • Please vote without bias for a character or debater.
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@subline.

If all this looks strait, lets race for a opener.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nice, everything looks good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
No Caption Provided

"Dick, you'd never kill Batman"

"Are you kidding? Ive been dreaming of killing Batman all my life."

---Dick Grayson and Raven

----------

Dick Grayson/Robin.

In the DCU Universe a live action Robin emerges......

Raised by acrobats Dick Grayson lost his family in a tragic accident when he was a child. Bruce Wayne adopted young Grayson and trained him to fight crime by his side as Batman and Robin.

At some point Robin formed a team of young superheroes called the Titans, suffering some defeats along with enjoying some triumphs Grayson has became a competent leader. Training the young heroes and leading them into battle, his team has evolved over the years.

He has a love/hate relationship with his universe's Batman, and at his deepest darkest place has fantasized about killing him.....

......Looks like Robin is about to work out some demons.

------------

Baseline Stats.

I think Robin has physical stats at or above DCEU Batmans level.

Strength:

Low End---Lifts and throws Gar with one hand.(possessed but unamped)

High End---Matches strength with nuclear dad, a superhuman capable of ripping car door off its hinges.

Speed:

Low End---casual aim dodger

High End---Dodges a blast from Dr Light.

Durability:

Low End---No sells jumping off a small building onto a car

High End---Tackled through a window and crumples a car.

Skills:

Defeats 12 armed men without getting touched. (I think this is a greater showing than Batmans famous 'warehouse' scene)

Solo's 10 in a corridor. (Without his gears)

Defeats 3 Agents of "The Organization" in seconds.

Is more skilled than Jason Todd (Jason Todd is skilled enough to (solo 6 GPD cops.)

Clowns Jason Todd (Jason Todd is skilled enough to solo Dr Light.)

Is more skilled than Rose Wilson (Rose is skilled enough to solo 4 cops)

Vicious and Brutal

Plus a high level of stealth, that we will get into in a moment.

Equipment:

Grapple Gun

Extendable Bo Staff.

Shuriken.

Smoke bomb

Bird Computer.

Cape is bullet proof

----------

ACT 1: The Stealth Mission.

This is where Robin is going to shine; he is very stealthy and extremely brutal.

Loading Video...

Above Robin solos 5 armed men, he takes out 4 with stealth attacks.

--A breakdown--

Sneaks up behind the first guy, takes his scissors and stabs him in the d**k.

Hits another guy in the eye with a Robin Shuriken.

The others run.

Robin sneaks one of the guys running away by grabbing him from above and grappling away.

Then drops him through some shelves (Robin is unseen).

Robin then appears out of nowhere grabbing another running guy by the neck, very stealthily.

Robin choke slams that guy.

And then Robin beats the last guy bloody.

He did all of this in 33 seconds....33 second for 4 separate stealth takedowns + a non stealth fight.

*Robin seems to have the stealth feats to get some solid wins over Batman*

----------

Preliminary Conclusions.

I am not a expert on DCEU Batman, (tho I have seen the movies); but from what I remember Robin is a bit above him in all respects, most importantly brutality.

No Caption Provided

From sticking people in the eye with the letter R, to breaking peoples backs, to dragging a dude's face across broken glass, targeting the groin; Robin is not shy about maiming a opponent, and with his high level of stealth and skill we can be sure that Robin takes the majority here.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 death4bunnies  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 death4bunnies  Moderator
BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V, but why say people Taep?

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V, but why say people Taep?

“Tag after every post”

T4V btw

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 death4bunnies  Moderator
HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dcfd39cce459
deactivated-5dcfd39cce459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bait...

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to this CaV?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 death4bunnies  Moderator
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 death4bunnies  Moderator

@subline:

Just concede, gimme the win, I know you’ve never lost a CAV but you haven’t finished either of your 2 against me.

Ive noticed I have like six CAVs open where I’m waiting on the opponent to post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #1

"Why did you say that name?"

Gadgets

1) Grapple Gun

The Grapple Gun is an iconic gadget of Batman's, used pretty commonly. However, it has multiple uses, one of which, is that it can shoot out a large expanding Net that can restrain the Superhuman Parademons:

No Caption Provided

This is essentially an instant win whenever the duo are near a wall, Bruce can just easily incapacitate Robin. [Parademons can rip apart and cause critical damage to the armored Batmobile]

2) Bombs

DCEU Batman is a killer, that much is certain, from him mowing down thugs with turrets to blowing them up in explosions, he has no limits. He'll have no problem blowing up Robin:

No Caption Provided

This is also an instant-win, Parademons are superhumans and logically scale above Batman in durability (who himself is more durable than Robin, which I'll go over). If the bombs can one shot them Robin will get rekt too.

Close Quarters Combat

1) Strength

High End---Matches strength with nuclear dad, a superhuman capable of ripping car door off its hinges.

Bruce could contend with Parademons, physically, who can rip apart the armored Batmobile (as linked earlier), a much more impressive showing considering the Batmobile is an armored vehicle.

2) Striking Power

A much more significant aspect than strength, and something you neglected. Bruce can send grown men flying through the air with his strikes (1, 2, 3).

3) Durability

High End---Tackled through a window and crumples a car.

He was knocked out from this, Bruce can tank throws from the superhuman Parademons and large sized explosions point blank, with little to no injury. Much more impressive.

4) Speed

High End---Dodges a blast from Dr Light.

Unquantifiable speed, no reason it's any more impressive than punching a Parademon blast out of the air.

5) Skill

• "12 armed men" Feat- Heavily gadget-oriented
  • Corridor Fight- Beating up a couple of security guards at a time isn't as good as doing a genuine 4v1 with well trained mercenaries
  • Dick vs Organization Agents - It was a 2v1, then the 3rd guy appears in the end, then he proceeds to get stomped when he has to take on 4 at once
  • Dick > Jason > 6 Cops - Seems like they had trouble tracking him considering they were wondering around confused, also he goes from cop to cop, this isn't a 6v1 in the way you might be implying
  • Dick > Jason > Dr. Light - Dr. Light is just a semi-fat brute, he has no CQC feats

I think this is the best skill feat from Dick that you've provided, so feel free to ignore the bullet pointed ones so we can focus on this to keep the debate concise (I'd prefer if you do this too), or if you want to bring up a new better feat we can discuss that instead (basically whichever feat you think is his best skill feat).

She does a 3v1 at one point (we see on the CCTV) but before that they were trying to shoot her, she takes out one then does the 3v1. This is still solidly below Batman's 4v1 with the Mercenaries due to him going up against better opponents and 1 more opponent. So Batman > Rose too.

Harley Quinn also has feats like soloing a bunch of inmates, cops and Black Mask thugs in Birds of Prey, and she's tiers below Batman (obviously).

Stealth

Robin sneaking up on thugs and beating them down doesn't come close to Bruce's stealth showings. He can disappear and appear in an instant, and more impressively avoid Kryptonian Senses like Superman's and Doomsday's. If anyone's getting stealth attacked, it's Robin, not Bruce. But a stealth encounter is unlikely considering they start a mere 9 meters away inside of a warehouse.

Summary of Points

• Bruce has multiple gadgets that allow him to win instantly
  • Bruce has better strength, striking power and durability
  • Bruce is just as skilled if not more (based solely on the feats provided so far), though based on my own knowledge I think he might be slightly less skilled, but it wouldn't matter because the strength, striking power and durability gap are much greater, and Bruce also has one-shot gadgets
  • Bruce has much better stealth

Conclusion

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 death4bunnies  Moderator
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
No Caption Provided

--------

Wow, that was kinda a short opener from Subline.. I neatly laid out high end and low end physical feats, and showed half a dozen skill feats against both named and unnamed characters. I even posted skilled feats for the named characters, and showed the skilled level and numbers of the fodder.

I just want the voters to keep in mind how much Lime left unaddressed, I dont see a single skill feat from Batman in his post; except maybe scaling above Harley(who he punched only after she got in a major car accident, put her head through window, and was underwater for a full minute.)

Link to Batman punching a female car crash victim so we all can see how Batman doesnt skill scale.

If this is the best skill showing that Lime is gonna show for Batman I do not know how this is a contest...Knocking out a uber skilled Harley who's stuck halfway out a car windshield that she put her face through at high speeds in no way shows Batman is more skilled than Grayson.

-----

Quick Counters.

Because I have Robin so well laid out in my first post, lll just make direct counters.

Batmans grapple net.

(Lime) This is essentially an instant win whenever the duo are near a wall,

Robin isnt going to stand in front of what appears to be a large gun...Even if people can't accept he has low end bullet timing, he aim dodges all the time(even from shots fired by Deathstoke)....Im gonna heavily doubt that net gun is faster than a Dr light blast, even visually; when Dr light shoots at Robin 2 its faster.(if you want I can find a frame rate for Dr lights blast)

Kinda brings us to our next point...

(Lime) Unquantifiable speed, no reason it's any more impressive than punching a Parademon blast out of the air.

Is this ^^ a Snyder Cut feat?? Honest question, because if it is... Id think it would be fair for me to bring in Nightwing skill feats.

(D4B) High End---Matches strength with nuclear dad, a superhuman capable of ripping car door off its hinges.

(Lime) Bruce could contend with Parademons, physically, who can rip apart the armored Batmobile (as linked earlier), a much more impressive showing considering the Batmobile is an armored vehicle.

Ye I agree thats nominally better, tho im not sure the hinges of the bat mobile would be armored... its a edge but not a very large one, they are near equals in strength.

(Lime) A much more significant aspect than strength, and something you neglected. Bruce can send grown men flying through the air with his strikes (1, 2, 3).

I don't know what you think flying through the air is, but those guys don't move more than a feet feet if that.

I mean come on even Hawk hits people further than that.

No Caption Provided

Robin not only has similar sticking with his fists and kicks, but he breaks bones of humans regularly, and below he rocks and breaks the bones of the nuclear family that could No sell ^^ Hawks blows and tank hits from Starfire.

and has his bow staff that break can break the bones of the Nuclear family.

I want to do the next three counters together.

Bombs, Robins Dura, and Speed.

Bombs.

(Lime)If the bombs can one shot them Robin will get rekt too.

Dura.

(D4B) High End---Tackled through a window and crumples a car.

(Lime) He was knocked out from this, Bruce can tank throws from the superhuman Parademons and large sized explosions point blank, with little to no injury. Much more impressive.

Speed.

(D4B) High End---Dodges a blast from Dr Light.

(Lime) Unquantifiable speed, no reason it's any more impressive than punching a Parademon blast out of the air.

The reason Im dealing with all three of these categories at the same time is because Robin has dealt with all three at the same time.

Bombs.

No Caption Provided

Notice that Robin reacted to the bomb, and only ran towards it because Jerhico, also notice that Robin recovers in time to stop Slades blow.

Dura.

No Caption Provided

Immediately after recovering from that bomb Slade stabs and beats Robin with his staff Batman doesnt have a staff or blades and Slade can fight wonder girl and busts concrete blocks)^^ And Robin recovers again, dropping smoke.

No Caption Provided

Then after all that beating and being stabbing in the leg and chest... Robin still aim dodges gunfire from Slade, then times a knife throw.

Those three gifs ^^ happened one right after another.

-----

That should show Robin can deal with the bombs that have a delay.

That should show extreme Dura, (tanking tons of hits from a Superhuman with a bladed bow staff.)

And that should show that even after tanking a severe beating Robin still has speed feats above the level of Batman.

------

That was ^^^ a much younger Robin.

No Caption Provided

Again you didnt show a single skill feat for Batman, I've shown Robin skill a bunch of ways from beating up numbered fodder, to beating Rose, and Jason, all the way hanging with Deathstroke with and without gears.

(Lime) But a stealth encounter is unlikely considering they start a mere 9 meters away inside of a warehouse.

You may want to reread the OP, we start on opposite ends of the warehouse, thats always been the parameters of this CAV.

(D4B)Is more skilled than Rose Wilson (Rose is skilled enough to solo 4 cops)

(Lime) I think this is the best skill feat from Dick that you've provided, so feel free to ignore the bullet pointed ones so we can focus on this to keep the debate concise (I'd prefer if you do this too)

No, why would I agree to this ridiculousness? You basically ignored and told the readers to ignore my skill feats while not providing any of your own...

Like Dicks 12 vs 1 without getting touched is very visually impressive but you discount it because he has gear, like batman only skill feats(which you have yet to provide) dont come from gear. Dick didnt get touched a single time in that fight vs armed men, compared to Batmans only skill fight where he was getting shot in the head and tagged repeatedly.

So I showed that Solo's 10 in a corridor. (Without his gears)...but this should be ignored because....

Beating up a couple of security guards at a time isn't as good as doing a genuine 4v1 with well trained mercenaries

This is pure lowball, and insane that we'd ignore this feat(which I purposefully included to show Grayson without gears), Grayson not only solod 10 in a tight corridor, but he was heavily drugged, the scientists said it was enough to kill a normal man...Do you have a gearless batman feat? Or does these arbitrary lowball only apply to Robiin where he and he alone has to show feats with gear, and without gear, and against named opponents with feats, and untouched a greater number of fodder...but Batman doesnt have to show skill feats outside of punching a girl who just got in a crash?

No Caption Provided

I dont think that^^ is fair skill scaling, and I think that Robin clearly has the better skill feats.

From the fodder bust feats above, to actually beating named featted opponents in fair combat.

Is more skilled than Jason Todd (Jason Todd is skilled enough to (solo 6 GPD cops.)

Batman hasn't beat named character withs feats such as these, he hasn't performed as well against fodder(12 v 1 without being touched), he doesn't have a gearlesss fodder feat(10 v 1 without gears), and the even choreography show robin as more skilled doing flips and such.

------------

Act 2 -Overcoming brute force with skills and sticks.

This is Robin fighting the nuclear family, I cut out some dialogue so the timeframe is a bit hinky.

Breakdown of Robin vs Nuclear family.

Robin takes a kick from Dad

Dad (armed with a hammer) Mom (armed with a electric knife) attack both attacks are successfully deflected by Grayson.

Grayson hits mom staggering her, and blocks 2 blows from Dads hammer and pushes dad.

Grayson blacks the hammer with the Birdcomputer, hits Dad in thee face then delivers a roundhouse kick to moms face flooring her.........

..... I won't breakdown the whole fight blow but unarmed Grayson fights pretty evenly with the 2 even breaking Moms arm (she snaps it back in place) before getting kicked out the window to crumpled the car.

Grayson then goes to get his gear.

After he returns geared up Robin takes on all 4 members of the family....

he deals bone breaking blows with his staff, and shows incredible skill redirecting a whip from one family member to another, and impressive improvisation stabbing the Dad with his broken staff.

Again these are explicit Superhumans with very good raw strength and durability, and a decent healing factor...

These are enhanced individuals using drugs to enhance there physicals, they are capable of no selling hits from Hawk and Dove and tanking hits from Starfire without injury, they could stagger Starfire with normal hits, and can near KO her by hitting her with a car door.

I didnt add this as just another showing of skill and brutality, tho it is that; I added this to show Grayson ability to harm even Superhumans with his unarmed blows; and to show how devastating his staff can be.

------------

From stealth to skill to strength to dura to gears, Robin carries some heavy advantages.

Having a extendable Bow Staff to fight with is already a heavy advantage in CQC as anyone who understand combat knows, and Robin is insanely skilled.

He can soak hits and stabs from Deathstrokes bowstaff and still keep his wits enough to aim dodge and time projectiles, I dont think Batman is putting him down with punches before Robin stabs and maims him.

Lime brought up that DCEU Batman also kills, but I dont think thats the same as what titans shows, Robin targets bones for breaking in every serious fight, hes willing to stab people in the eyes(hes did it twice), or the groin (hes done it twice), he just fights dirtier.

No Caption Provided

Even tho willing to kill Batman just isnt the brutal^^.

Robin wins the majority thats becoming clear.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 death4bunnies  Moderator
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks good lol, t4v.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #2

No Caption Provided

Intro

Wow, that was kinda a short opener from Subline.. I neatly laid out high end and low end physical feats, and showed half a dozen skill feats against both named and unnamed characters. I even posted skilled feats for the named characters, and showed the skilled level and numbers of the fodder.

Yeah I didn't feel the need to make a lengthy post, I said all I wanted to with the amount I wrote and I believe I addressed all major parts of your post.

I just want the voters to keep in mind how much Lime left unaddressed, I dont see a single skill feat from Batman in his post; except maybe scaling above Harley(who he punched only after she got in a major car accident, put her head through window, and was underwater for a full minute.)

Not sure what I left unaddressed, if I'm honest. I brought up two skill showings - Bruce's 4v1 and scaling above Harley Quinn, we both know he's limited in the feats he has, but amount of feats doesn't matter, only how good the feat is.

Link to Batman punching a female car crash victim so we all can see how Batman doesnt skill scale.

If this is the best skill showing that Lime is gonna show for Batman I do not know how this is a contest...Knocking out a uber skilled Harley who's stuck halfway out a car windshield that she put her face through at high speeds in no way shows Batman is more skilled than Grayson.

Just to make this clear, are you insisting that Harley Quinn is a more skilled combatant than Bruce Wayne? I feel that such a bold and unconventional statement needs to be clarified.

I'll address this in detail later, because you brought it up later in your post where the actual debate is.

Counters

Gear

Net Gun

Robin isnt going to stand in front of what appears to be a large gun...Even if people can't accept he has low end bullet timing, he aim dodges all the time(even from shots fired by Deathstoke)....Im gonna heavily doubt that net gun is faster than a Dr light blast, even visually; when Dr light shoots at Robin 2 its faster.(if you want I can find a frame rate for Dr lights blast)

Avoiding bullets isn't the same as this because the line of fire is very small, with the net gun - this is not the case. As the net instantly expands as it comes out of the Gun, covering a large area:

(Gif is slowed down)
(Gif is slowed down)

Bombs

Notice that Robin reacted to the bomb, and only ran towards it because Jerhico, also notice that Robin recovers in time to stop Slades blow.

Bruce is using sticky bombs, unlike Slade. So that will obviously not work here - the bombs will just stick to Robin's staff and blow him up, same result.

You also wrote a lengthy section about Robin's durability implying he can shrug off Bruce's bombs, which I disagree with. These bombs one shot Superhuman Parademons, who should logically be more durable than a peak human of the same verse - Batman, who himself is more durable than Robin (which will be debated later).

Stats

Speed

(D4B) Is this ^^ a Snyder Cut feat?? Honest question, because if it is... Id think it would be fair for me to bring in Nightwing skill feats.

No, the feat is from the theatrical cut. The color grading, aspect ratio and date of the GIF should have made that clear (click on the link, I made the GIF in March 2019). If you need more evidence, here is the video clip of it (1:05).

Strength / Striking Power

(D4B) High End---Matches strength with nuclear dad, a superhuman capable of ripping car door off its hinges.

(Lime) Bruce could contend with Parademons, physically, who can rip apart the armored Batmobile (as linked earlier), a much more impressive showing considering the Batmobile is an armored vehicle.

(D4B) Ye I agree thats nominally better, tho im not sure the hinges of the bat mobile would be armored... its a edge but not a very large one, they are near equals in strength.

Why would the hinges not be made of the same tough material? Plus they didn't just rip the turret off, they caused critical damage to multiple parts of the vehicle by bashing it:

No Caption Provided

Wrecking an armored tank-like vehicle that can no sell crashing through concrete is tiers above pulling off a car door... Nothing about the comparison implies they're "near equals", Bruce is significantly stronger.

(Lime) A much more significant aspect than strength, and something you neglected. Bruce can send grown men flying through the air with his strikes (1, 2, 3).

(D4B) I don't know what you think flying through the air is, but those guys don't move more than a feet feet if that.

That is just a straight up-lie or you must not be great at judging distances, in the first GIF the guy slides at least 10 feet across the floor. In the second one you're right because he punches him downward. In the third one he kicks him a solid 5-10 feet away.

There's no way anyone can feasibly argue this is a 1 foot distance
There's no way anyone can feasibly argue this is a 1 foot distance
Bruce kicks the guy who's hanging into the room where the grenade guy is, this looks to be around 10 feet or so away, also keep in mind that the kick sent the guy spinning aswell
Bruce kicks the guy who's hanging into the room where the grenade guy is, this looks to be around 10 feet or so away, also keep in mind that the kick sent the guy spinning aswell

I mean come on even Hawk hits people further than that.

Robin not only has similar sticking with his fists and kicks, but he breaks bones of humans regularly, and below he rocks and breaks the bones of the nuclear family that could No sell ^^ Hawks blows and tank hits from Starfire.

Hawk's strike definitely does not send the guy further than Batfleck does, it's a similar distance and that's generous to Hank's strike (also Batfleck was punching against the guy's momentum because he was flying towards him).

When did the Nuclear Family tank blows from Hawk or Starfire? I don't remember this at all, and you didn't bother to even cite these feats. And how hard does Starfire hit?

Durability

Immediately after recovering from that bomb Slade stabs and beats Robin with his staff Batman doesnt have a staff or blades and Slade can fight wonder girl and busts concrete blocks)^^ And Robin recovers again, dropping smoke.

Then after all that beating and being stabbing in the leg and chest... Robin still aim dodges gunfire from Slade, then times a knife throw.

1. That 'bomb' did no notable environmental damage and has no power scaling, all it did was send Robin 5 feet away through the air. Heck, even Jericho could take it (albeit with a very small amount of extra distance between him and the bomb) and he's literally just an average teenager with no armor.

2. In the gifs you've provided, he only gets hit once + stabbed twice. Getting stabbed isn't relevant to the topic because in this fight he'll be getting hit by Bruce's blunt strikes, Robin's pain tolerance is of little relevance.

3. Anyway, taking one kick from Slade is not better than Bruce tanking repeated slams and attacks from Parademons who can mess up armored vehicles (links in post 1). "Fighting wonder girl" is meaningless to me, state precisely what you're implying and what scaling you are trying to use please. As for the concrete block feat, he doesn't destroy that, and he deflects it with a sword. Swinging a sword is drastically different from throwing a strike and relies much more on brute strength, Robin doesn't scale to this.

Skill

That was ^^^ a much younger Robin.

No Caption Provided

You post a gif of Slade casually parrying all of Dick's attacks and disarming him in seconds as if it's a good feat for Dick... I'm confused.

Again you didnt show a single skill feat for Batman, I've shown Robin skill a bunch of ways from beating up numbered fodder, to beating Rose, and Jason, all the way hanging with Deathstroke with and without gears.

I posted Batman's 4v1 and Harley scaling, not sure what you mean. I feel like you just didn't read a whole section of my post.

Also Dick can't hang with Slade, you didn't show this in your first post and the GIF you provided doesn't show that either. Dick could only hang with Slade by the end of Season 2 (as Nightwing), but you're not using Dick as of that point. You're using Robin here.

(D4B)Is more skilled than Rose Wilson (Rose is skilled enough to solo 4 cops)

(Lime) I think this is the best skill feat from Dick that you've provided, so feel free to ignore the bullet pointed ones so we can focus on this to keep the debate concise (I'd prefer if you do this too)

(D4B) No, why would I agree to this ridiculousness? You basically ignored and told the readers to ignore my skill feats while not providing any of your own...

I'm annoyed that you're taking my words out of context, you cropped out the last part, this is what I said:

"I think this is the best skill feat from Dick that you've provided, so feel free to ignore the bullet pointed ones so we can focus on this to keep the debate concise (I'd prefer if you do this too), or if you want to bring up a new better feat we can discuss that instead (basically whichever feat you think is his best skill feat)."

The bolded part you cropped out to give a false impression of what I was doing, I'm only trying to keep the debate concise, and wanted to focus on Dick's best and most impressive feat. But regardless of that I still spent the time to address each feat you posted:

No Caption Provided

(D4B) Like Dicks 12 vs 1 without getting touched is very visually impressive but you discount it because he has gear, like batman only skill feats(which you have yet to provide) dont come from gear. Dick didnt get touched a single time in that fight vs armed men, compared to Batmans only skill fight where he was getting shot in the head and tagged repeatedly.

(D4B) So I showed that Solo's 10 in a corridor. (Without his gears)...but this should be ignored because....

(Lime) Beating up a couple of security guards at a time isn't as good as doing a genuine 4v1 with well trained mercenaries

(D4B) This is pure lowball, and insane that we'd ignore this feat(which I purposefully included to show Grayson without gears), Grayson not only solod 10 in a tight corridor, but he was heavily drugged, the scientists said it was enough to kill a normal man...Do you have a gearless batman feat?

The difference being is that you just post the whole fight and call it a 12v1 or a 10v1 while ignoring the actual events of the fight, I specifically cropped out the part where Bruce engages 4 thugs simultaneously from all angles in hand to hand combat (without the use of gear), he only gets tagged once. I didn't just post the fight scene and call it a "14v1" because Bruce takes out 14 guys, it's silly and has no bearing on the point being made.

The only CQC part of the "12v1" fight that doesn't involve Dick using shurikens, smoke, etc. is when he does a 2v1 with thugs (lol), which is not notable at all. You can watch the fight for yourself, there is no better instance.

As for the 10v1, you've ignored my point there. Dick only engages a couple of them at a time, that's a fact - taking on a large horde gauntlet style isn't the same as engaging them all at once. It's a good feat of stamina and endurance but as a skill showing it's not impressive. Sure he wasn't at full health but we can't properly quantify how much better he is when at full health.

Batfleck's 4v1 is much more impressive for the reasons outlined.

Batman doesnt have to show skill feats outside of punching a girl who just got in a crash?

No Caption Provided

I dont think that^^ is fair skill scaling, and I think that Robin clearly has the better skill feats.

In that scene Harley pulls out her knife and attempts to attack Bruce, he dodges it and one shots her. But yeah I agree these aren't great circumstances for Harley. But I'll go into detail - I just didn't think I'd ever have to go into detail to establish Bruce Wayne as a better combatant than Harley Quinn...

First off, let's look at how Harley and Bruce compare on paper. Bruce Wayne, the Batman is a man who's life goal was to combat crime in Gotham, he does this through his equipment and skills. He spent years training as a martial artist and has 20 years of field experience. At this point it's a character trait for him to be one of the best / the best martial artist in his universe. His martial arts mastery has been portrayed through a variety of methods - first off when he drastically changes the outcome of a fight at a Russian fighting club with only a few words, while this isn't a conventional showing of Bruce's skill, it clearly shows how the writers view his capabilities. Secondly, it is portrayed in his choreography, here is a detailed video breaking down some of his moves - most notable styles include Boxing, Krav Maga, Karate, Muay Thai & Judo. Thirdly, let's look at how the choreographers talk about this specimen:

Batman, when he's fighting he's in charge. The odds may be against him, he may be fighting 6, 7, 8 guys at one time... but he's in charge. He doesn't cower to anyone. Although being very strong and physically fit, he can take you down in a number of ways. He's very technical, [in this film] you see this guys moves and see what he can do.

~ Richard Cetrone (Batman v Superman: Stunt Coordinator)

In contrast, Harley Quinn spent most of her life as a therapist with no greater ambitions. Her experience and training is dismissible in contrast to Bruce, most of her combat abilities comes from her acrobatics and craziness. She's not a skilled, disciplined fighter the way Bruce Wayne is.

Now, for those of you who have feats' mindsets, we can also look to Bruce's showing against Deadshot, where he shows up and dismantles him with ease, dislocating his knee as he does. Floyd's only chance is to roll back and attempt to shoot Bruce because he obviously can't contend in melee. Floyd himself performed a decent bit better than Harley Quinn did against Enchantress, parrying a few hits and landing one himself. Bruce >>>>>> Floyd > Harley. The feats posted for Harley you have ignored, they are all on par with Dick's unarmed showings:

Harley Quinn also has feats like soloing a bunch of inmates, cops and Black Mask thugs in Birds of Prey, and she's tiers below Batman (obviously).

The gap between Bruce & Harley is far greater than between her showings and Dick's. You didn't address these showings either, so I assume you agree with Harley's feats not being far behind Dick's (or equal), but it's only the Bruce > Harley bit which you disagree with.

Harley clearing the room of prisoners is tiers more impressive, considering there's a greater number of them and they actually know where she is, the cops are wandering cluelessly at points in Jason's fight (look at the cop in the background at 0:33).

Why is being Dr. Light in CQC impressive?

Harley's showing against the prisoners is far better than this due to the greater numbers she faces and so is Bruce's 4v1 as mentioned in Post 1.

Stealth

(Lime) But a stealth encounter is unlikely considering they start a mere 9 meters away inside of a warehouse.

(D4B) You may want to reread the OP, we start on opposite ends of the warehouse, thats always been the parameters of this CAV.

I feel like it's been edited considering there's no longer an image of the warehouse anymore (pretty sure there was before), it also says the OP has been edited.

Also, I already explained how Bruce also wins in a stealth scenario so it won't matter (D4B completely ignored this part of the post btw), I'm just gonna repost it for the readers:

"Robin sneaking up on thugs and beating them down doesn't come close to Bruce's stealth showings. He can disappear and appear in an instant, and more impressively avoid Kryptonian Senses like Superman's and Doomsday's. If anyone's getting stealth attacked, it's Robin, not Bruce. But a stealth encounter is unlikely considering they start a mere 9 meters away inside of a warehouse."

Nuclear Family Feat

..... I won't breakdown the whole fight blow but unarmed Grayson fights pretty evenly with the 2 even breaking Moms arm (she snaps it back in place) before getting kicked out the window to crumpled the car.

Grayson then goes to get his gear.

After he returns geared up Robin takes on all 4 members of the family....

he deals bone breaking blows with his staff, and shows incredible skill redirecting a whip from one family member to another, and impressive improvisation stabbing the Dad with his broken staff.

Again these are explicit Superhumans with very good raw strength and durability, and a decent healing factor...

1. Robin w/ his Staff >>>> Robin, yeah I agree with this. The gap between Bruce & Harley is just as big if not bigger, and Harley is definitely comparable to unarmed Dick in skill.

2. The actual feat, it was a 3v1 not a 4v1. Because Dick ambushes the dad and takes him out of the fight before engaging via BFR, he fights the two kids + the mom and beats them up. Then when the kids are taken out he beats up the dad + mom in a 2v1. A 3v1 with superhumans is impressive, and Dick's best feat imo. Mostly because they're superhumans, as far as skill goes, they're not very impressive. I find taking on a larger number of less physically powerful opponents more impressive, as it requires greater coordination and awareness, Harley's prison feat fits that criteria. While that feat in itself isn't as good as fighting the NF considering how they beat Hawk & Dove, the gap between Bruce & Harley is massive enough that Bruce is on the same level as Dick is.

These are enhanced individuals using drugs to enhance there physicals, they are capable of no selling hits from Hawk and Dove and tanking hits from Starfire without injury, they could stagger Starfire with normal hits, and can near KO her by hitting her with a car door.

You still haven't cited any of these instances nor posted any striking feats for Starfire. No durability feats for Starfire either.

Conclusion

There's no way Bruce can lose this.

First you brought up a stealth encounter which you quickly started to dismiss once you realized Bruce's stealth feats are far better than Dick's.

In CQC, Bruce has better physical stats by a decent margin and is on the same plane of skill given his scaling over Harley (the gap between them is quite significant).

Bruce also has two options to end the fight in close range without melee, his net gun and bombs, your counter points did not debunk these either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Dick Grayson: What are you doing here?

Jason Todd: It's Batman. He's in trouble.

Baseless Allegations.

Subline accused me of editing the CAV conditions mid battle to favor my self.

I did not.

This is what lime said.

(D4B) You may want to reread the OP, we start on opposite ends of the warehouse, thats always been the parameters of this CAV.

I feel like it's been edited considering there's no longer an image of the warehouse anymore (pretty sure there was before), it also says the OP has been edited.

Also, I already explained how Bruce also wins in a stealth scenario so it won't matter (D4B completely ignored this part of the post btw), I'm just gonna repost it for the readers:

"Robin sneaking up on thugs and beating them down doesn't come close to Bruce's stealth showings. He can disappear and appear in an instant, and more impressively avoid Kryptonian Senses like Superman's and Doomsday's. If anyone's getting stealth attacked, it's Robin, not Bruce. But a stealth encounter is unlikely considering they start a mere 9 meters away inside of a warehouse."

Editing a OP mid battle is a hella accusation, especially with so little proof as the OP says edited...I feel lime lime could of asked before his post.

Lets just end this right here.

No Caption Provided

I did not edit the OP to favor my self, I may have edited it to play with the photoshop art I made for this CAV in the OP.

These are the conditions you agreed to....

"Both on opposite side of warehouse, aware the other is hunting them"

I feel im probably owed a apology, but im willing to let the salt die here.

-------

Skill

So far Ive shown this.

And I showed Robin jumping into the middle off 4 superhumans and wrecking house.

No Caption Provided

Id ask lime to show a gif of this 4v1 hes relying on and id like everyone to compare it to robin jumping in the middle of 4 superhumans and wrecking (thats the superhuman nuclear family in the gif above)

Ive given a detailed breakdown of Robins stealth mission in post 1 and his Nuclear family feat in post 2.

----

Compared to

----

What Lime has shown..

A 4v1 with mercs.

Losing to deadshot.

And some (In my opinion) faulty scaling to Harley...He showed a quote from a BVS stunt director and Harley isnt even in that movie.

~ Richard Cetrone (Batman v Superman: Stunt Coordinator)

In contrast, Harley Quinn spent most of her life as a therapist with no greater ambitions. Her experience and training is dismissible in contrast to Bruce, most of her combat abilities comes from her acrobatics and craziness. She's not a skilled, disciplined fighter the way Bruce Wayne is.

The quote you yourself provided says that Harleys wins come from acrobatics and craziness....in contrast to bruce.

No Caption Provided

A Contrast is a great difference between two things.

That quote is from a stunt director from a movie harley isnt even in...dont you think this might be getting out their with WOG statements....also contrast means different.

Harley and Batmans only encounter..

Batman punching a female car crash victim doesn't show hes more skilled than her

Batman doesn't scale imo.

(all apologies if I missed a skill feat lime showed, his formatting doesnt have the skill feats neatly laid out..I made sure to reread his posts so I didnt make a mistake, but maybe I missed a thing.

--------

Stealth.

For stealth Lime has showed this.

Robin sneaking up on thugs and beating them down doesn't come close to Bruce's stealth showings. He can disappear and appear in an instant, and more impressively avoid Kryptonian Senses like Superman's and Doomsday's. If anyone's getting stealth attacked, it's Robin, not Bruce. But a stealth encounter is unlikely considering they start a mere 9 meters away inside of a warehouse.

So Batman 'appears and disappears' while humans have their head turned away... and gets away from a superman and a raging DD for a moment...these are impressive but they kinda just show bruce running away.

I showed Robin implementing a stealth strategy, and repeatedly attacking with extreme brutality.. from stealth positions, attacking eyes and groins while staying unseen against armed opponents.

No Caption Provided

Robin stealth attacks a dudes groin and tags a dude in the eyeball with a shuriken before and of the goons can react before disappearing again...

I really think this should be considered by the people reading this CAV, I proved that this battle has always been a battle with Robin and Batman starting at the opposite ends of a warehouse.. and Robin has shown to be extremely brutal with his stealth.

No Caption Provided

Attacks this guy from above, then drops him through a shelf.

No Caption Provided

Stealths this guy with a choke slam.

Stealth favors Robin I think.

----------

Quick Counters.

lime said.

2. The actual feat, it was a 3v1 not a 4v1. Because Dick ambushes the dad and takes him out of the fight before engaging via BFR, he fights the two kids + the mom and beats them up. Then when the kids are taken out he beats up the dad + mom in a 2v1. A 3v1 with superhumans is impressive, and Dick's best feat imo. Mostly because they're superhumans, as far as skill goes, they're not very impressive.

No it was a 4v1...as you said, Dick ambushes the dad.

Stealth attacking the superhuman nuclear dad should be added to Robins stealth feats.

So he beats 4 superhumans opening with a stealth attack... thats quite a bit better than any skill feat Batman has.

As far as skill goes they beat down Hawk and Dove and Starfire and Robin beat down 4 of them in a very impressive manner.

You still haven't cited any of these instances nor posted any striking feats for Starfire. No durability feats for Starfire either.

Here are the full fights..Hawk and Dove and Starfire.... Robin beat 4 of these sueprhumans with a quickness.

I don’t think they are unskilled.

No Caption Provided

They are clearly skilled Superhumans. Using weapons like the nuclear daughter does with this whip shows skill, beating Hawk, Dove, and Starfire shows skill... tearing a door off a car shows their superhuman strength they got after given that superhuman drug...beating these 4 is definitely better than anything Batman has done.

Conclusion.

Skill, stealth stats, gear.. I think this fight is clear.

Robin sticks Batman in the eye or stabs him in the groin, or breaks a bone with his staff; for every punch Batman throws.

Robin has shown the durability to take hits from superhumans and the damage output to put them down.

He has numerous skill showings everything from unarmed combat, to fully geared fights, to full stealth missions, I think a lot of these skill feats are better than Batmans best.

The bowstaff is also a heavy advantage providing more reach and more striking power.

The majority of rounds under these conditions go to Robin.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 death4bunnies  Moderator
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #3

No Caption Provided

Apologies

Fair enough on the OP, I didn't intend to insult you. My memory was just acting up, this is an old CaV. I apologize for the accusation regardless.

Combat

Main Counters

So far Ive shown this.

Restating feats doesn't prove anything... I wrote out detailed counters for each of these feats which you've just completely neglected and ignored, refer back to Post 2 skill section for these counters.

(D4B) And I showed Robin jumping into the middle off 4 superhumans and wrecking house.

Id ask lime to show a gif of this 4v1 hes relying on and id like everyone to compare it to robin jumping in the middle of 4 superhumans and wrecking (thats the superhuman nuclear family in the gif above)

(Lime) 2. The actual feat, it was a 3v1 not a 4v1. Because Dick ambushes the dad and takes him out of the fight before engaging via BFR, he fights the two kids + the mom and beats them up. Then when the kids are taken out he beats up the dad + mom in a 2v1. A 3v1 with superhumans is impressive, and Dick's best feat imo. Mostly because they're superhumans, as far as skill goes, they're not very impressive.

(D4B) No it was a 4v1...as you said, Dick ambushes the dad.

Stealth attacking the superhuman nuclear dad should be added to Robins stealth feats.

So he beats 4 superhumans opening with a stealth attack... thats quite a bit better than any skill feat Batman has.

Stealth attacking the nuclear dad means that he only engaged 3 of them in CQC at a time, and that's what we're discussing here, his skill in melee combat. Stealth has nothing to do with this part of the debate but it's not impressive as a stealth feat anyway, as the NF were focused on the other Titans, and he has no awareness feats anyway.

As far as skill goes they beat down Hawk and Dove and Starfire and Robin beat down 4 of them in a very impressive manner.

Here are the full fights..Hawk and Dove and Starfire.... Robin beat 4 of these sueprhumans with a quickness.

You haven't provided any showings to establish Hawk & Dove. So all we know so far based on your post (which is what the voters should vote on exclusively) is that 4 superhumans can beat 2 humans, why is this impressive again?

Starfire is at least superhuman but you still posted no physical showings or skill feats for her, so 2 superhumans beating her isn't really impressive either.

Using weapons like the nuclear daughter does with this whip shows skill

Effectively using a whip hardly establishes her combat abilities

tearing a door off a car shows their superhuman strength they got after given that superhuman drug...beating these 4 3 is definitely better than anything Batman has done.

Let's compare:

Dick > 3 superhumans

Batman > Deadshot > Harley Quinn > 3 Black Mask Mercs

I already explained why I think they're comparable as far as skill goes (Bruce wins because of stats) but if you missed that I'll restate.

Dick beating 3 superhumans is impressive because of their physical advantage, but it's ultimately still just a 3v1. Harley performed a 3v1 herself, obviously not as good as Dick's showing because the stats gap is less, but Bruce scales significantly above Harley. Since you didn't really address Harley in contrast to Dick, I'm assuming you agree with this line of logic, and only disagree with scaling Bruce above Harley, which i'll get into now.

Harley Scaling

What Lime has shown..

A 4v1 with mercs.

Losing to deadshot.

Already addressed this:

"Now, for those of you who have feats' mindsets, we can also look to Bruce's showing against Deadshot, where he shows up and dismantles him with ease, dislocating his knee as he does. "

And some (In my opinion) faulty scaling to Harley...He showed a quote from a BVS stunt director and Harley isnt even in that movie.

The quote you yourself provided says that Harleys wins come from acrobatics and craziness....in contrast to bruce.

No Caption Provided

A Contrast is a great difference between two things.

That quote is from a stunt director from a movie harley isnt even in...dont you think this might be getting out their with WOG statements....also contrast means different.

What? The quote from the stunt director has nothing to do with Harley.... he didn't mention her. I said Harley's combat abilities come from acrobatics and being crazy, in contrast to Bruce's much more refined combat and martial arts expertise (which are established in the way he is portrayed, I wrote a lengthy section on why he's way better on paper which you pretty much also just neglected and dismissed as "faulty" without explaining why it is).

Harley and Batmans only encounter..

Batman punching a female car crash victim doesn't show hes more skilled than her

Batman doesn't scale imo.

Once again you've ignored the majority of what I wrote, you didn't address the line of scaling through Deadshot or Bruce being better than Harley on paper.

Stealth

So Batman 'appears and disappears' while humans have their head turned away...

When Gordon has his head turned we can still see Batman on the right side of the screen, he's gone in the next shot. This debunk isn't valid:

No Caption Provided

and gets away from a superman and a raging DD for a moment...these are impressive but they kinda just show bruce running away.

You phrase this like all he had to do was run... Superman has super senses as mentioned in the first post, he could hear the earpiece in Bruce's ear, Bruce ghosting him is an insane feat.

Robin stealth attacks a dudes groin and tags a dude in the eyeball with a shuriken before and of the goons can react before disappearing again...

I really think this should be considered by the people reading this CAV, I proved that this battle has always been a battle with Robin and Batman starting at the opposite ends of a warehouse.. and Robin has shown to be extremely brutal with his stealth.

Brutality and edginess isn't going to help when his stealth abilities are significantly worse than Bruce's. Sneaking around a warehouse with a ton of cover in the dark is not better than Bruce's showings of disappearing in an instant or ghosting Kryptonians.

Conclusion

D4B's final post fails to address about 80% of the points made in my second post, just to summarize those points:

• In close range, Bruce can Incap with the Net Gun and take Dick out with Explosives (D4B) didn't bother to even acknowledge this part of the debate in his third post (a concession by dismissal pretty much)
  • Bruce scales over Harley due to on paper comparisons and Deadshot scaling, putting him on a similar plane of skill to Dick (you didn't address this, only the validity of Harley scaling, so I assume you agree with this being true if Bruce does scale over Harley)
  • Bruce has greater physical stats (another thing you failed to address in the 3rd post, essentially a another concession by dismissal)
  • Bruce has much better stealth feats, and will easily take Dick out if it comes to that (this is what D4B is arguing, so it only hurts his strategy more)

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 death4bunnies  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'll give my vote to @subline. He proved that Batfleck has a decent stat advantage and a minor skill advantage, while also having better stealth and gear. However, I do personally think Dick has better skill, but D4B didn't prove it as well.

Both debaters ignored things the other had said, but D4B suffered more from this.

I think this would have been much more interesting if Dick was allowed his Nightwing gear and feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 death4bunnies  Moderator

Bump for votes.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alr I'll read

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: @death4bunnies:

Alright, read it. Tbh this CaV was kind of messy, expectedly so for a year old debate though. I wish the arguments being made were better qualified, so it could be clear why each has an advantage. For example, Batman>Floyd>Harley=<Robin worked, but it wasn't empathized. I wish Lime would have focused on proving it and then driving the point home a lot more.

Bunnies did this better and worse; he proved that under his premises Robin was vastly more skilled (12v1, 10v1, etc) but then got debunked hard by the counters of gear. Bunnies seemed to poorly portray and defend his feats, like the 12 v 1 was obviously not a true 12v1, like the 14v1 wasn't a true 14v1. Lime countered this well enough to prove a skill advantage.

The bombs and net were dismissed too much by Bunny, and the Slade bomb instance was countered properly by Lime.

In both instances, Lime proved skill, net, and bombs (all win conditions) under the premises of the arguments, and while bunnies contended in other areas (stealth, but it is debatable) I think Lime argued better win conditions.

I vote for Lime.