CaV: Darkseid (BPIB) VS. Larfleeze (TRD)

• 75 results
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By blackpantherisb

Darkseid

@blackpantherisb
@blackpantherisb

VS.

Larfleeze

@the_red_devil
@the_red_devil

Rules

• Standard gear
  • In character
  • Morals on
  • No Prep
  • Post Crisis and onwards feats for both
  • No amps for either

No Caption Provided

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for attention.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

T4V

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Kingant27

T4V, this will be good I’m hoping.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Tav

This will be awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-5c443c2a6994d
deactivated-5c443c2a6994d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag after every post

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vsw

Tag after every post.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. T4V.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainCoolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vsw said:

Tag after every post.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tag after posts. Larfleeze is my favorite DC villain.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blackpantherisb

Darkseid

"I. Am. The. New. God. All is one in Darkseid. This mighty body is my church. When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices. When I make a fist to crush your resistance. It is with three billion hands. When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams. And break your heart. It is with six billion eyes. Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you; nothing will again. I will take you to a hell without exit or end. And there I will murder your souls! And make you crawl and beg! And die! Die! DIE FOR DARKSEID!"

Bio

Pre-Flashpoint
Pre-Flashpoint
Post-Flashpoint
Post-Flashpoint

Physicals

Just to start off displaying Darkseid's physicality compared to other high tiers I'll use an example from the Rock of Ages storyline where Wonder Woman, whilst trying to stop Darkseid from activating a superweapon, lunges at him, and he responds by casually slapping her away:

JLA #14
JLA #14

Not only did he completely overpower her momentum and ragdoll her, but she was actually stunned by this, and she didn't get back up for a decent amount of time. We see her standing up again two pages later after Darkseid finished activating the machine, with her armor in tatters:

JLA #14
JLA #14

The fact that, with such a casual slap, Uxas was able to heavily damage and stun a legitimate high tier such as Wonder Woman clearly displays his impressive physical attributes, and this is only the beginning.

Superman Confidential #8 - The Edge of Forever

And once again a simple, and casual pimp slap from Darkseid completely humiliates another high tier, in this instance when Superman first comes face to face with Darkseid the God of Evil responds with a swipe as if he's brushing a bug off his shoulder. This is enough to completely floor the man of steel, and draw blood. Superman's reaction confirms the obvious, which is that Darkseid is vastly physically superior:

Directly after this Superman, even though their encounter has lasted only a couple of seconds, acknowledges that he is no match for Darkseid and that to try to fight him would be insane, so immediately he grabs Darkseid's hostage and flees. He has even mangled a third high-tier in a similar fashion:

Justice League America Annual #9

When Captain Atom blitz Darkseid from behind he his completely unphased, and without even budging he proceeds to flex Atom off him, whilst at the same time back-handing Nathan in the head. After this Atom isn't seen for the rest of the battle and isn't even spotted again until the end of the issue. So it can be assumed that not only to Darkseid overpower and damage Captain Atom with a casual backhand motion, but he actually one-shotted him. This is especially impressive considering the fact that Atom was portrayed to be highly durable in this particular issue:

Only a couple pages before being one-shotted by Darkseid Atom tanked a huge blitz from a pissed off Orion and was up immediately afterward rubbing his head, completely conscious. And Orion himself is a physical powerhouse, who has been established as slightly superior to Superman himself.

As I've just clearly displayed with three examples even when exerting himself minimally Darkseid is consistently capable of humiliating established high tiers. In my next post I'll get into what he can do when he fully unleashes himself, but as this is the opener this should suffice for now.

Durability

Not only does Darkseid have the physicality to completely brush off the attacks of high tiers, but he has the durability to do it as well, and just as easily. Just take his recent performance against Hal Jordan in the N52:

Justice League #5 - Justice League, Part Five

When Hal Jordan slams his huge mace construct down on Darkseid's head at high speeds Uxas in completely and utterly unphased, as in he doesn't even flinch, the attack hardly seems to register to him at all. So Jordan tries an alternate route and tries to damage him with a huge power saw construct:

Justice League #6 - Justice League, Part Six; Pandora

Yet this attack also completely fails, with the saw shattering on Uxas' head rather than having an actual effect. And even young N52 Hal had decent damage output feats with his constructs, during the same arc he ragdolled and drew a decent amount of blood from Superman using constructs similar to those that Darkseid utterly no sold:

Justice League #2 - Justice League, Part Two
Justice League #2 - Justice League, Part Two

And speaking of the man of steel, Darkseid has also no sold attacks from him as well, on multiple different occasions, both pre and post-Flashpoint:

Superman, despite having a large buildup, fails to do any damage to Darkseid or even move him back, with a massive bullrush. Darkseid no sells it completely, not budging even an inch, and the pair begins to grapple.

Superman/Batman #13 - The Supergirl from Krypton, Part Six: Hero
Superman/Batman #13 - The Supergirl from Krypton, Part Six: Hero

Once again a bloodlusted Superman bullrushes Uxas as hard as he can, yet once again the God of Evil is completely and utterly unphased and he proceeds to immediately pimp slap Superman away like nothing.

Both of these instances are highly impressive considering the fact that in both Superman was bloodlusted, and highly motivated to take Darkseid down, and when bloodlusted both pre and post-Flashpoint Supermen have busted moons with their bullrushes in the past:

One: Superman, upon seeing Doomsday, becomes instantly bloodlusted and blitzes Doomsday through the Bizzaro-world moon a number of times, destroying it. (Action Comics #40 - Mirror Cracked) Two: When enraged that Lex Luthor has become president Clark chops a moon clean in half with a bull rush. (Superman: Lex 2000)

So completely no selling a bullrush from a bloodlusted Superman is a very impressive showing of durability, and Darkseid has demonstrated this ability consistently. Yet even more high tiers have failed to even affect him, Lobo being the next example:

Lobo's Greatest Hits
Lobo's Greatest Hits

Here Lobo launches a sneak attack on Darkseid, this culminates in him launching a barrage of blows into the New God's face, yet, as Darkseid tend to do against high tier after high tier, he is completely and utterly unaffected, with Lobo being the one actually in pain, exclaiming that Darkseid is so durable that punching him has damaged his hand. And Lobo himself is a physical monstrosity:

L.E.G.I.O.N. #31 - Where Dreams End
L.E.G.I.O.N. #31 - Where Dreams End

With a single aggravated punch Lobo manages to one-shot Captain Marvel, a fellow high tier who has traded blows with Superman, Black Adam, and Martain Manhunter in the past, yet Lobo fodderized him with a single hit. And this isn't even the Main Man's best feat:

The Authority/Lobo: Spring Break Massacre
The Authority/Lobo: Spring Break Massacre

In this instance, after robbing the Easter Bunny and beating him half to death Lobo decides to finish the job, and so with one final punch he kills the Easter Bunny, and in the process hits with enough force to destroy the Easter Bunny's entire planet.

In terms of blunt force durability, Darkseid is a complete tank, with high tiers like Hal Jordan, Superman, and Lobo completely able to even have an effect on him with their blows. So Larfleeze to going to need to be packing much harder punches than the average herald tier to hurt Darkseid.

Not only does Darkseid have a tremendous threshold for blunt force punishment, but his energy durability is also fantastic. Just as with all his other attributes he is far above other high and herald tiers:

Justice League #50 - Darkseid War Conclusion: Death and Rebirth

In this instance, a team of high tiers attempts to stop Darkseid by blasting them with their most powerful energy attacks, yet he continues walking as if nothing is happening, and this team includes several legitimate high tiers: Superman, three Green Lanterns, Shazam, and Mister Miracle. And he repeats this same action again in the same issue:

The same squad of high tiers continues to try to stop him to absolutely no avail, except this time Flash joins, which seems to make absolutely no difference. Even having an entire team of high tiers attacking him at once is not enough power to even hurt Uxas. Hell, even Darkseid's significantly weaker daughter is able to brush off attacks from heralds with no issue:

Justice League #41 - Darkseid War Chapter One: God vs. Man
Justice League #41 - Darkseid War Chapter One: God vs. Man

Grail walks right through a direct energy blast from Hal Jordan with no issue, in fact, she is talking through it as if nothing is happening to her, and then she corrupts his willpower, shutting him down. Keep in mind that Grail shares her father's same exact power set, just to a lesser degree, so anything that she can do he can do better. Not only can Darkseid no sell attacks from many other high tiers, but even attacks from his team busting peers seem to have little effect on him:

Justice League #44 - Darkseid War, Chapter Four: The Death of Darkseid

Here Anti-Monitor unleashes a massive blast on a distracted Darkseid, and yet the New God seems completely unphased, the blast fails to even get a reaction out of him, and he is seen fighting again unharmed. This is highly impressive because a massively weakened Mobius, without the anti-life equation (so weakened that he was no longer the Anti-Monitor) was able to disintegrate an amped Ultraman with little to no effort:

Justice League #48 - Darkseid War Act Three: Gods of Justice Chapter 2: Crime Pays
Justice League #48 - Darkseid War Act Three: Gods of Justice Chapter 2: Crime Pays

Keep in mind that mere pages before this Ultraman had eaten a large rock of kryptonite, which is his equivalent to sunlight, so essentially Ultraman was sun dipped. And this is made clear in his treatment of an amped God of Light Superman:

And Superman himself was amped in this instance, having been imbued by the power of being the God of Light, yet with a casual backhand, Ultra was still able to send him flying, not to be seen again for several pages. And depowered Mobius has several other highly impressive feats:

With an exceedingly casual wave of his hand, Mobius obliterates a group of 8+ lanterns, killing them instantly and sending their rings to search for new owners. So Darkseid tanked a blast from a fully powered Anti Monitor, who when massively weakened/depowered could casually disintegrate amped herald tiers, and wipe out groups of high tiers with a wave of his hand. And the Dark God can endure attacks from many other team buster level characters, namely himself:

One & Two: Superman uses Darkseid to block his own Omega beams, and Darkseid completely no-sells it, proceeding to smack Superman directly afterward. (Superman vs. Darkseid: Apokolips Now!) Three: Darkseid completely no sells having his Omega beams deflected back into his own face. (Justice League #6 - Justice League, Part Six; Pandora)

In the coming sections, you will why tanking his own omega beams is so highly impressive. These showing should suffice, for now, high tiers struggle and fail to hurt him, and even attacks from other high-level teambusters seem to have little effect on him.

Speed

This is going to be a fairly short section as Darkseid doesn't have a ton of speed feats, and speed certainly isn't one of his defining qualities, nor does he frequently use it in combat, but just in case Larfleeze is big on using speed (which I don't believe he is) I think Darkseid can certainly keep up. I'll start off with a simple display of the Dark God's combat speed/reaction/operational speed:

Cosmic Odyssey #4 - Book Four: Death

In these scans Darkseid's attempts to harness the power the Anti-Life, yet it breaks free and is a micro-second away from destroying Darkseid, however inside of this microsecond time-frame he manages to set up and activate his dimensional recall switch, which puts him out of the reach of the Anti-Life, saving him. Being able to perform complex actions move freely and think long and complex thoughts within a micro-second is pretty damn impressive speed. And Darkseid has similarly impressive travel speed in case the need arises for it.

New Gods #10 - Sacrifice of the Gods

Darkseid and Highfather move at "unthinkable speed" to the point where it only takes them one single panel to reach the Source Wall, keep in mind that the source wall is at the very edge of the universe, so within a single panel Darkseid managed to casually traverse an entire universe. I don't believe that Larfleeze has combat speed above this insane threshold.

Overall I don't think that speed is a critical element here as neither character (to the best of my knowledge) consistently applies their speed in combat, but if it comes down to it, I believe that Darkseid has more than enough speed to sufficiently keep up.

Omega Beams

At the end of the day, these are really the critical piece that will allow Darkseid to take down Larfleeze and his construct army. Before I get into the raw power level of the Omega beams I first want to display their various Hax and the highly versatile ways in which Darkseid often elects to use them. Firstly, as anyone who knows anything about Larfleeze knows, his biggest asset is his vast construct army, and I'm sure that a key element of your strategy in representing Larfleeze will be him overwhelming Darkseid with his constructs. However, Darkseid has many ways to apply his power so that he can take on large numbers of opponents at a time, just for starters he has his classic AOE move, which is actually the first thing he did in the N52:

Justice League #4 - Justice League, Part Four
Justice League #4 - Justice League, Part Four

Obviously, he could affect a large group of enemies with an attack such as this, so if he ever starts to get swarmed by enemies he could easily just brush them off using a powerful AOE blast like this. And even his Omega beams themselves can handle a vast array of enemies at once:

His Omega beams can split up to track their targets and can follow their targets despite the irregular routes that they take. And Omega beams can plow through multiple targets, this was clearly displayed when Grail used hers to kill an army of men:

Justice League: Darkseid War Special
Justice League: Darkseid War Special

And whilst Omega beams are most famous from their classic disintegration feature, but they have a number of other highly useful features, for example, they can easily BFR opponents on contact, teleporting them anywhere in the universe he sees fit:

Adventures of Superman #495 - The Hand that Robs the Cradle!

The Dark God uses this to great effect against Infinity Man and Superman, teleporting them into his stasis field casually. And what makes this ability so insanely useful is that he can teleport large groups of people with invisible Omega beams, so that no one even knows that he has sent forth his attack until it's too late.

The Forever People #8 - The Power!

And he can teleport individuals not just throughout space, but even throughout time itself. He uses this ability when he sends the Forever People to different points during the history of the earth using the Omega effect:

The Forever People #6 - The Omega Effect! & The Forever People #7 - I'll Find You in Yesterday!

In this instance, Darkseid uses his Omega beams to send Mark and Beautiful Dreamer to 19th century America, Vykin the Black to early America during Spanish colonization, and Big Bear to ancient Rome. And he has used this power on several occasions:

Jack Kirby's Fourth World #9 - Brother's Slayer & Jack Kirby's Fourth World #10 - AfterMath

Again Darkseid uses this highly useful aspect of the Omega effect, with a single blast of his Omega beams he sends Iluthin back to the 16th century Italy so that he can learn how to master sword combat. And this isn't the last time he uses this power either:

Young Justice #55 - I've Got a Secret

With a single casual blast of the Omega force, Darkseid turns Slobo into a statue, and sends him thousands of years into the future, leaving him completely trapped for the rest of time. As I've now shown with many examples Darkseid is willing to and capable of, consistently BFRing large groups of opponents throughout the universe and the time stream. He can also even cast invisible Omega beams, which makes the hope of escape impossible, and his Omega beams can hit multiple targets, will continuously track their targets no matter what, and can even split up to focus on different targets.

Now to display what the Omega beams are most famous for: disintegrating shit. And in this regard, they are also highly effective and pose a huge threat to Larfleeze and his construct army. Just for starters let me display how they perform against Darkseid's main nemesis: Superman:

Superman Confidential #10 - Anti-Life

With a continued casual blast of the Omega beams, Darkseid shreds Superman's such and flays his skin, ultimately overwhelming him and causing him to fall to his knees, it clearly would've destroyed him if it hadn't been for Infinity man flying in to save him, negating the Omega effect with his own energy. But Darkseid's Omega beams have succeeded in overwhelming Superman in the past:

In this instance Darkseid one-shots Superman with his Omega beams, leaving him KOed for over an issue. This is particularly impressive since Superman wasn't hit by the full force of an Omega beam attack, but rather by half since only one of the two Omega beams that Darkseid typically releases from his eyes hit Superman.

Justice League #49 - Darkseid War Chapter 9: Power Mad
Justice League #49 - Darkseid War Chapter 9: Power Mad

Here Luthor, with only a small fraction of Darkseid's full Omega force, matches depowered Mobius in energy projection. Keep in mind that this is the same Mobius who disintegrated Ultra casually, and with a wave of his hand wiped out a large group of Green Lanterns. So someone with only a small fraction of Darkseid's power matched a team buster in energy projection. And speaking of Mobius...

With a blast of his Omega beams, Darkseid causes the Anti-Monitor intense pain, but he doesn't just hurt him the blast actually goes straight through his armor and skin, doing massive damage to him. And Anti-Montier is enormously durable.

Mobius, who as I've discussed is massively weaker than his fully powered Anti-Monitor form, completely and utterly no sells getting blitzed by Hal Jordan and John Stewart and then blasted by a team of several dozen Lanterns, yet Darkseid did heavy damage to a massively more powerful version of Mobius. And Darkseid doesn't need his Omega beams to unleash huge amounts of energy:

Justice League #4 - Justice League, Part Four & Justice League #5 - Justice League, Part Five

With a large AOE blast, Darkseid unleashes his energy and take out the entire Justice League, excluding Flash. Even Superman was KOed for well over a page. If he can release this much power in an omnidirectional blast just imagine the damage he could do with a direct blast. Well imagine no longer:

New Gods #23 - Lingering Melody

With a single Omega beam, Darkseid reduces Agogg to nothing, and Agogg himself was an absolute beast who was capable of no selling blitzes and blows from Orion, dropping him in only a couple of blows, and even intercepting Lightray and one-shotting him with a slap:

So Agogg himself is a certified team buster, especially considering that both Orion and Lightray are Superman level+ opponents (with Orion being more like Silver Surfer level) and yet Agogg completely stomped them with no difficulty. Yet Darkseid still reduced him to ash with a single blast. And this isn't the only time that Darkseid has decimated high-level opponents with singular blasts:

Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey #2 - Book Two

With a single mightly blast of his Omega force, Darkseid destroys Hank Henshaw, the Cyborg Superman's body. And while its later revealed that Henshaw was still alive, the fact of the matter is that Darkseid one-shotted yet another high herald level character with a single blast of his Omega beams. Keep in mind that in a canon crossover Cyborg Superman was shown to be fully evenly matched with Silver Surfer:

Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances #1

As you can see Cyborg Superman and Silver Surfer are portrayed as complete equals, tanking each other's blasts and matching each other's blitzes for four-and-a-half full pages before their fight is interrupted by Parallax Hal Jordan. So just to summarize Darkseid can one-shot Silver Surfer level beings with singular blasts of his Omega beams. And Darkseid actually has multiple impressive feats from the Hunter/Prey storyline:

In this instance Superman in attempting to stop a number of large missiles from hitting and killing a large number of civilians. However the missiles were too powerful for him to overpower, and their hulls were so durable that Superman's punches and heat vision couldn't even dent them. Yet a single Omega beam attack from Darkseid completely wipes a group of those missiles out, despite the fact that Superman, even after attacking for over a page, failed to do any damage to a single missile. What makes this even more impressive is the fact that Darkseid was weakened at the time:

Later in the same issue, Darkseid said that he needed Superman when he was weakened and recovering, however at that point (roughly 15 pages after Darkseid destroyed those missiles) Darkseid states that he has just then regained peak power. This clearly implies that he was weakened in all instances prior to this (at the beginning of the issue he was brutally beaten by Doomsday). So anyway Omega beams from a weakened Darkseid proved to be massively more powerful than all of Superman's best efforts.

To wrap up this section I'd like to conclude by just establishing the speed of Darkseid's Omega beams. As I've now thoroughly displayed Uxas' Omega beams are incredibly powerful and versatile and pose a great threat to Larfleeze and his construct army, but not only are they potent, but they are also extremely fast:

Final Crisis #7 - New Heaven, New Earth

In this instance, Darkseid sends his Omega beams after the Flashes: Wally and Barry. In order to escape them both Flashes explicitly reach "superluminal velocity" yet even after doing this the Omega beams still keep up with them, and ultimately they have to phase through Darkseid to escape the Omega beams. The beams were still able to keep up with Barry and Wally despite the fact that they were moving at FTL speeds, making the Omega beams explicitly FTL. I seriously doubt that Larfleeze and his constructs have the speed to react to Darkseid's Omega beams, let alone escape them.

Conclusion

The feats I posted here really only scratch at the surface of Darkseid's full capabilities, but for an opener, I think this should suffice. The basic idea of this post was to give you and the voters a general sense of Darkseid's power level, and I think I've clearly displayed that he is a teambuster. Now a topic I'm sure is going to come up in this CaV, as it does with most Darkseid debates I have is jobbing. Now the fact of the matter is that occasionally Darkseid does job, he has done it against Superman and Orion in Pre-Flashpoint, and he even did it recently against Wonder Woman in Rebirth. However, the fact of the matter is that consistently Darkseid is far above the average herald or high tier, and for every low showing he has, he has five more consistent showings that demonstrate that he is far above that level.

Now that I addressed Darkseid's jobbing I'll do a breakdown of my post, and how I believe Darkseid will win this fight. Now, to be frank, I don't know too much about Larfleeze, however, with the limited information I have, I feel confident in saying that Darkseid has the tools to win this fight. Firstly Darkseid has very high levels of physical strength, to the point where with casual slaps and minimal effort he can bring high tiers to their knees, and even take them out of action. This should be more than enough strength to physically contend with Larfleeze 1v1 and to manhandle his constructs when necessary. Moving on to durability, Darkseid is also very impressive in this category, physical attacks from high tiers like Superman and Lobo consistently have little to no effect, and even other high-level teambusters like Anti-Monitor can do little damage with their energy attacks. Even his Omega beams seem to be able to damage him. With durability like this Larfleeze and his constructs will undoubtedly have a hard putting down Darkseid, both with physical and energy attacks. Speed is certainly not a major factor in this battle, but if it comes into play Darkseid certainly has the requisite quickness to keep up.

Finally on to Omega beams: while Darkseid has excellent physicals, durability, and speed, what really sets him apart from most teambusters are his Omega beams, and ultimately I believe that they are what will allow him to win against Larfleeze. They are faster than light, can split up, will track their targets endlessly, can turn invisible, and can even hit multiple targets in a single blast. The fact of the matter is that if Darkseid wants to hit something with his Omega beams, he will find his target. And when his beams do find their target the results are often catastrophic. He can transport opponents anywhere in the universe he so pleases, transmute them into whatever material he sees fit, and he can even BFR his enemies throughout the time stream. Not to mention the destructive capacity of the Omega beams, they can blow holes through other teambusters and instantly eviscerate herald tier opponents. Sufficed to say that the Omega beams can do great damage to anything that they come into contact with, and Darkseid has numerous ways of affecting even huge armies with his Omega beams. On top of Darkseid's already stacked physical resume, I just can't Larfleeze and his army handling the versatility, speed, and power of the Dark God's Omega effect.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome post.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V, nice post

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tharkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tharkun

@lanternbatman said:

Tag after every post

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for voters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
deactivated-5c917f846ef0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpantherisb: I'LL get my post up whenever I get time , don't worry , I am just too busy rn.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP guys.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 :

Here we go , sorry for the delay (I was caught up with my final exams and stuff and then had problems with my laptop).

Larfleeze , The Agent Orange :

No Caption Provided

Bio :

No Caption Provided

Threshold #1

Larfleeze tells his past in short.

The first being to tap into the Orange Light of Avarice and the keeper of the Orange Lantern Corps.He has the power of the entire Orange Lantern corp.

It has also been stated that due to him having the Orange Lantern battery for a long time , he has basically become the Orange Lantern battery and this allows him to maintain an army of constructs which are basically beings that he has killed before and added them to his corp.

Power and Abilities :

He is a very versatile character and has quite some tricks up his sleeves,

• Super Strength.
  • Super Durability.
  • Super Speed / Reflexes.
  • An army of Constructs.
  • Regular Lantern constructs.
  • Energy Blasts.
  • Telepathy Resistance.

Strength :

Well , he is quite strong physically as well ,

No Caption Provided

Larfleeze #11

Casually shatters G'Nort's constructs.(Well G'Nort is a quite powerful Green Lantern , he was easily able to push and hold back multiple Red Lanterns's during Wrath or the First Lantern).(Also note Larfleeze no-sells G'Nort's bulrush).

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Vol 4 #58

This is during the time when Orphadine ,The Orange Lantern Entity that he stored in his Lantern was taken away from his Lantern and this led to his ring losing power to a point where he could not maintain his army of constructs.To be precise his power was stated to be at 74 % and falling , 2 pages back.

Even in his weakened state he casually shatters Hal's constructs.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern : New Guardian Vol 2

With a single swing of his Lantern , he badly hurts and puts down Kyle Ranner (One of the the strongest , if not the strongest Green Lantern out there).

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Vol 4 #47

Again with a single swing of his lantern he hurts Atrocitus (KO's him with a blast next page) , and since you used Lobo as a reference , Atrocitus also took hits from Lobo and was fine with it in Green Lantern Vol 4 #55.(Lobo's dog lost to Atro's cat too , lol).

Durability :

His durability is pretty impressive too , for starters ,

Green Lantern Vol 4 #58 and Green Lantern : New Guardians Vol 2

He easily tanks construct based hits from Hal Jordan(This was when his ring was losing power , as I mentioned above) and Kyle Ranner , both of them are top tier Lanterns and low/mid herald level characters.This establishes that he can easily take hits from some of the best high tiers.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Vol 4 #48

No-sells a few hits from Atrocitus (Who is clearly at par with either Hal or Sinestro).

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Vol 4 #41

He easily tanks a bulrush from Hal , in this instance Hal was being amped by a Blue Lantern Ring , which can boost the power of the Green ring above regular levels.This is impressive keeping in mind how Hal is a low/mid herald level guy even on standard levels,but during this he was being amped to higher levels by the Blue Ring.

This is as impressive as if not more impressive than Darksied tanking that bulrush from Superman.

Now lets see his energy durability ,

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern : New Guardians Vol 3

Completely no-sells a Red Lantern Napalm breath from Kyle Ranner , Kyle at this point had nearly mastered all the aspects of the emotional spectrum and was only a step away from being the White Lantern.(The only aspect he hadn't mastered was Love).

Kyle at this point was basically way more powerful than his normal self and was above any herald level character , as he was just a step away from being The White Lantern.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern : New Guardians Vol 1

He tanks multiple blasts from multiple Guardians of The Universe at once , this is clearly one of his best feats by far.

All these clearly show that Larfleeze can easily no-sell hits from herald level characters and his energy durability is really impressive , considering how he easily tanked blasts from characters who should be way above any herald level character.

Construct Army :

It's a well know fact Larfleeze maintains an army of Orange Lantern Constructs , which are basically the millions of living beings that he has killed across the years and after killing them he just added them to his corp.His constructs listen to his every order , but can perform the tasks in the way they find fit.Also Larfleeze can see through his constructs , meaning whatever his constructs see , he sees that too.

Now across the years his constructs have been shown to easily fight off large number of Green Lanterns , Sinestro Corpsmen and Blue Lanterns , this just shows how strong his construct army is , lets see some feats ,

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern : New Guardians Vol 2

Fights off all the New Guardians , which included some of the strongest members of each of the corps (like Kyle , Arkillo , Saint Walker etc.) , well that was just for starters.

No Caption Provided

Blackest Night : Tale of The Lantern Corps #1

He sends his constructs to the Blue Lantern home-world and they are easily able to fight with all the Blue Lanterns and two of the strongest Guardians , namely Ganthet and Sayd . This also establishes that he can control his constructs from far away.

Green Lantern Vol 4 #40

This is from his first appearance , when the Guardians and multiple Green Lanterns got to Okaara to confront him , he uses his constructs to fight of multiple Green Lanterns and the Guardians.

Green Lantern : New Guardians Vol 1

One of his constructs holds down a Guardian and the others are able to easily engage with the Guardians and even hurts one of them.

These feats show how powerful all his constructs are and can clearly cause a lot of problems to Darkseid .The fact that Larfleeze can control them from a distance , will also give him an advantage against Darkseid.

Regular Constructs :

Aside from his army , Larfleeze can also use regular constructs like other Lanterns , although he doesn't use them all the time , but he can definitely use them.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Vol 4 #58

This from when he lost the entity and was losing power , even then he managed to make a giant construct of himself , trash and hurt Hal Jordan.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Vol 4 #60

This is two issues later and he still hadn't got back his enetity , hereSmashes Krona with a construct and this keeps Krona down for a page or two.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Vol 4 #40

Here he uses chain like constructs to get a hold of and pull down Hal Jordan.Hal had the Blue Lantern ring during the time , which again means that he was at at higher power-level , since a Blue rings amps a Green one.Note , even in a more powerful state Hal struggles and is unable to break out of the chain like constructs.

These prove that even Larfleeze's regular constructs are quite powerful and can be useful against Darksied.

Energy Attacks :

Lets take a look at his energy attacks ,

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Vol 4 #48

With a single blast he KO's Atrocitus , who is a Lantern at par with either Hal or Sinestro.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern : New Guardians Vol 2

Can easily create Earthquakes with his energy.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern : New Guardians Vol 3

A single blast from him manages to daze Kyle Ranner , who had nearly mastered the emotional spectrum and was only a step away from becoming The White Lantern.Even Kyle was at this this power-level , Sayd doubted that if it will be enough for him to beat Larfleeze , this statement clearly gives an idea about how powerful Larfleeze is.

Although those weren't his energy attack's best feats , but I still believe that could do harm to Darksied , seeing how he one-shot a Hal/Sinestro level character and dazed a more powerful Kyle.

Speed / Reflexes :

Although he doesn't use speed that much , but he still has feats to say that he is pretty fast , although I don't see speed being a major factor in the fight.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Corps Annual #1

He is clearly shown to be as fast as any other Lantern.(Lanterns like Kyle can easily fly at much faster than light speeds).

No Caption Provided

Threshold #1

This kinda shows that he can easily travel at light speeds.

No Caption Provided

Larfleeze #10

Easily reacts to The Wanderer who was clearly travelling at much faster than light speed and then chases after her and a page later manages to catch her as-well , this clearly shows that he has much faster than light reaction and travel speed.

Conclusion :

Well , those don't show Larfleeze's full potential as he has better feats than the ones I showed , but for my starting post that will be enough .Larfleeze is clearly strong enough to casually shatter Green Lantern constructs (even in a weakened state) , badly hurt / take out low/mid herald level characters (Like Kyle , Atros etc.) with just a swing of his Lantern , which shows what strength level he operates on and he can contend with Darkseid if it comes down to a physical battle.Then he has durability where he can no-sell attacks from characters like Hal , Kyle and tank energy attacks from multiple Guardians and an much stronger version of Kyle , I believe Larfleeze can take hits from Darkseid and even tank his Omega-Beams.Well , speed isn't really a factor but if needed , he can use it to dodge Darksied's attacks and maybe even outpace his Omega-Beams (Which is possible considering the location of this fight is a Solar system and Larfleeze can travel at mftl speeds) , maybe he redirects it towards Darkseid just for the fun of it.

His major asset will be his Orange Lantern Construct Army which he can control to attack Darksied .He can just attack Darkseid with a large number of his constructs (We have seen how strong they really are) , and several dozens of his constructs could be enough to hold Darksied , while he can attack him by surprise.Although , Darkseid can destroy many of his constructs , but Larfleeze can just keep summoning more , this could be overwhelming for Darkseid and then if Larfleeze attacks him by himself , I can say that it's nearly game over for Darkseid , seeing how his Strength / Durability/Speed is clearly atleast at par with Darkseid , add in his regular constructs and energy attacks .Larfleeze also has a tendency of starting fights by using his construct army before attacking his enemies by himself , this will allow Larfleeze to know how he should attacks Darkseid , since he can see whatever his constructs see.

That's it for now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers