CaV: CW Deathstroke (Subline) vs MCU Winter Soldier (buildhare)

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Deathstroke (@subline)

No Caption Provided

Winter Soldier (@buildhare)

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Standard Gear
  • Slade w/ Mirakuru
  • In Character
  • Random Encounter
  • Standard Win Conditions
  • Start 100 Feet Apart in a Generic City Setting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

T4V please

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP please.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline:

I'll start us off if you like.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V i think Slade wins on this scenario but I can change my mind

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Both are kinda shit but I wanna see this happen.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Buildhare didn´t want to do this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buildhare

Bucky Barnes - The Winter Soldier

No Caption Provided

Former Howling Commando, turned brain-washed assassin, turned sulky Super Soldier. It's fair to say this match-up has been done to death and these guys are very well known so I'll stick to Buck's decisive advantages for this first post before we start splitting hairs over speed and skill.

Gear

As stipulated Bucky has his Winter Soldier gear, meaning he's got a massive advantage with regards to equipment. Comparatively Slade has his suit, swords and a handgun. The only element of that load out I think is particularly handy is the suit, as it makes some of Buck's firearms (his plethora of pistols & SMG) something Slade can tank provided he keeps his mask on. However it does roughly nothing to deal with the Winter Soldier's more explosive options;

No Caption Provided

...the grenade launcher attached to his rifle is going to be especially useful here due to that reason, as well as the fact the 100ft starting distance makes Slade's pistol effectively a non-starter whereas this is exactly where Bucky wants to be. None of the cover on a city street is going to provide passable protection for Slade either, hiding behind a car is just going to get him immolated as shown above. Assuming it does get beyond that stage Buck's also carrying some grenades, both those capable of being thrown as normal and some that stick to their target;

No Caption Provided

...these will only really come in handy if Slade can actually make it a bit closer without getting blown up, but provided he does they present another obstacle for his continued survival. Really though, it shouldn't get beyond that. It would be out of character for Winter Soldier to rush Slade here, especially with the gear he's bringing.

Ranged Combat

Simply put, Slade is not going to win a long distance fight here. I know we're probably about to get a lengthy section about Slade's insane marksmanship but he has no showings that suggest he can hit a target this fast;

Note where Bucky isn't
Note where Bucky isn't

...at this kind of range, with this kind of weaponry. Meanwhile WS has exclusively used his launcher at this distance and doesn't even need to actually hit Deathstroke dead-on to win here. With that said he's still an excellent marksman;

No Caption Provided

...capable of tagging a sprinting Black Widow through vehicle cover. More impressively, based on sound it's actually two cars rather than one. It's unlikely Slade's going to have better luck on a street comparably littered with vehicles. Buck's inherently a better sniper than Slade by virtue of actually having feats, shooting Fury without line of sight from across a street;

No Caption Provided

...but realistically this kind of accuracy is overkill, he doesn't need to be half as good as he is with the equipment in play here.

The Bionic Arm

The Winter Soldiers most recognizable attribute and a good chunk of why the only strategy Deathstroke can take is still a bad idea. Buck's arm is obviously bulletproof and provides yet another challenge for Slade's ranged game, but its physical strength is not something that can be overcome here;

No Caption Provided

...this seemingly mediocre feat alone puts him well beyond super soldiers like Slade due to the material he's warping, Gold/Titanium alloy. The arm can actually deform it enough to break the repulsor within, which has a far greater strength than say, Slade's neck. The Winter Soldiers striking is also whack;

No Caption Provided

...as it allows him to easily punch through steel, and even more impressively overpower Captain America and push him straight through some elevator doors. Obviously Steve's strength feats are pretty well documented at this point and I think it's optimistic to put Slade on the same level as him. Even if you did believe that, the strength to overwhelm his entire body with just an arm is well beyond DS. The striking power it grants him is also important, as though Deathstroke is durable he is hardly tanking more than a handful of these.

Initial Thoughts

• The Winter Soldiers gear is perfectly suited for the fight and this foe, whereas DS's is lackluster to say the least.
  • Bucky is perfectly capable of tagging Slade at this distance, with even a near miss still being more than enough.
  • Any close encounter that should arise will be inherently lopsided due to the usefulness and unparalleled strength of the Winter Soldier's bionic arm.
buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid opening, will respond within a week or so.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cocacolaman  Moderator

See you guys next year when Lime posts

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #1

No Caption Provided

Intro

I'm sure everyone knows Slade's backstory by now, being Oliver's early mentor and a former ASIS member etc, so there's no need to go on here. I'll just get into the actual areas of debate, and like my opponent I'll try to keep this as concise as possible.

Range

You claimed in your first post that Slade wasn't equipped for combat from 100 feet away.

as well as the fact the 100ft starting distance makes Slade's pistol effectively a non-starter whereas this is exactly where Bucky wants to be.

I disagree with this, factoring in the first obvious point being that you're forgetting about the SMG Deathstroke uses, I can't find the exact model of this but it does seem somewhat visually similar to a Heckler & Koch MP5, which has an effective firing range of 328 feet (see linked article).

The effective range is the maximum distance where the gun will still be decently accurate (for an average shooter), but the difference here is they aren't 328 feet apart, they're 100 feet apart (or 30.5 meters), which is significantly less, also factoring in that Slade isn't an "average shooter" given his feats which I'll get into later, the distance shouldn't be a massive issue.

Regardless of this, the pistol Slade uses is a Zigana Sport, I couldn't find any specifications for this gun, but I did find a YouTube video testing the gun. The shooter was over 100 meters from the target (over 3x the distance between Slade and Bucky), and he lands the majority of the shots. Obviously Slade won't have as much time to aim and won't be shooting a stationary target, but the video displays the range of the gun specifically (over 3x the starting distance here). Actually landing a shot on Bucky will be discussed later.

Marksmanship / Speed

Draw Speed

Now that I've established that Slade's Weapons will get the job done from the 100 foot range of the battle, it's time to establish Slade's shooting ability. We can use a neat feat from the Flashbacks for this.

No Caption Provided

In the above gif Slade mows down 8 Trained Mercenaries before they can raise their guns, now there's a few things to note about this feat when applying it to this battle:

1. Slade is dual wielding here, and consequentially doesn't have the courtesy of properly aiming as he's shooting two guns simultaneously, which would require great co-ordination and natural shooting ability + awareness.
  2. Slade is off Mirakuru in the gif, though he has Mirakuru in this CaV, which greatly enhances his reflexes and senses, both factors that contribute greatly in shooting.

The fact that Bucky doesn't have a draw speed feat as good as the feat above for Slade when he's off Mirakuru, speaks great volumes for the disparity in draw speed between the two characters. (So far you've only posted accuracy showings, some of which don't even apply here, which I'll get into now).

Accuracy

Simply put, Slade is not going to win a long distance fight here. I know we're probably about to get a lengthy section about Slade's insane marksmanship but he has no showings that suggest he can hit a target this fast;

Not sure what gives you this impression, it feels like you're implying Bucky is some sort of untrackable target for Slade, which isn't the case at all. First of all, Slade is a super casual arrow timer, from close range at that:

Casually slicing apart two of Oliver's arrows fired in rapid succession (considering Oliver's draw speed, the distance between these two arrows would be minimal so he essentially simultaneously dealt with two arrows)
Casually slicing apart two of Oliver's arrows fired in rapid succession (considering Oliver's draw speed, the distance between these two arrows would be minimal so he essentially simultaneously dealt with two arrows)

Oliver's Bow is quite advanced too, so his arrows are consequentially quite fast. As anyone can tell just going by visuals Oliver uses a compound bow, which have speeds ranging from 250 to 370 feet per second, and that's for bows with draw weights ranging from 40-80lbs. Factoring in that Oliver's Bow has a draw weight of 150lbs and also uses carbon arrows (which are lighter), so it's fair to bump the speed up to around 450 feet per second (just an approximation). I can't find these statistics as of right now, but I will as soon as I can, so for now I'll just drop feats - specifically the way Oliver's arrows ragdoll grown men (1, 2) should clearly show that they are quite high end in speed.

Furthermore, taking Oliver's feats of casually tracking arrows and shooting them or hitting them out of the air with flechettes, Oliver should be able to definitely track Bucky's movements and accurately shoot at him. Now how does this apply to Slade? Well, Slade being an Enhanced Super Soldier of his verse, as opposed to Oliver being only a peak human, it does imply that Slade is faster, and it just doesn't seem logical for Oliver to have much better perception and reaction speed than him.

As far as actually dodging the projectile goes, Bucky dodges a Grenade Launcher round there (which is 76m/s, as I'm sure you're aware of), Slade is using a Pistol and an SMG, which fire rounds ranging from 340m/s - 780m/s, significantly faster than a Grenade Launcher. So you're going to have to do better than that if you're claiming he can bullet time from a 100 foot distance, considering the distance between Nat and Bucky isn't far off 100 feet anyway.

...capable of tagging a sprinting Black Widow through vehicle cover. More impressively, based on sound it's actually two cars rather than one. It's unlikely Slade's going to have better luck on a street comparably littered with vehicles.

Nah, not quite. First off, you've claimed Bucky will be using a Grenade Launcher, which shoots rounds that travel at 76m/s, or 250 feet per second (source posted earlier). As established, Slade can react to Oliver's arrows which are a lot faster than 250 feet per second, at much much closer range than 100 feet.

Additionally, it seems odd that you're so certain Slade has no chance of escaping the blast area of the Grenade, and that you're comparing his movement speed to Nat, when Slade has explicitly moved at FTE speeds and is a super casual arrow timer.

(There is no cut, and Sebastian Blood has no idea where Slade had gone)
(There is no cut, and Sebastian Blood has no idea where Slade had gone)

Buck's inherently a better sniper than Slade by virtue of actually having feats, shooting Fury without line of sight from across a street;

...but realistically this kind of accuracy is overkill, he doesn't need to be half as good as he is with the equipment in play here.

Let's be real here, you can't scale a feat where Bucky has prepared for a mission with specialized gear, brought a Sniper Rifle (with attachments we're unaware of, he could be using a thermal scope for all we know), and applying it to how Bucky would perform with a Grenade Launcher, which is just wrong considering how different the weapons are. I agree, this sort of accuracy would be overkill and isn't really needed, but this feat doesn't even apply at all anyways.

Conclusion

• Slade's guns are more than capable of taking down Bucky at a 100 foot distance.
  • Slade has better draw speed than Bucky and is accurate enough to tag him, so he'll likely get the first shot off, and it may well be the deciding shot.
  • Bucky isn't a bullet timer, so he'll mowed down by Slade.
  • In contrast, Slade can definitely react to rounds from Bucky's Grenade Launcher, which are barely above 75m/s, significantly slower than Oliver's Arrows.
  • Slade can also escape from the blast sight of the Grenade (or at least get to a safe distance), considering his reflexes and movement speed.
  • Deathstroke is too good of a Marksman to allow Bucky to close in, so that's why I've skipped the CQC section and ignored Bucky's CQC Grenades.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v

WorldsGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Three scans would be all that’s required to prove Bucky wins.

Buildhare,what are you doing?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points