CaV: CW Deathstroke (Subline) vs MCU Winter Soldier (buildhare)

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Deathstroke (@subline)

No Caption Provided

Winter Soldier (@buildhare)

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Standard Gear
  • Slade w/ Mirakuru
  • In Character
  • Random Encounter
  • Standard Win Conditions
  • Start 100 Feet Apart in a Generic City Setting

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

T4V please

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mrsportsguy13  Online

TAEP.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP please.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline:

I'll start us off if you like.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V i think Slade wins on this scenario but I can change my mind

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

T4V

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Both are kinda shit but I wanna see this happen.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Buildhare didn´t want to do this

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

psi-bite234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buildhare

Bucky Barnes - The Winter Soldier

No Caption Provided

Former Howling Commando, turned brain-washed assassin, turned sulky Super Soldier. It's fair to say this match-up has been done to death and these guys are very well known so I'll stick to Buck's decisive advantages for this first post before we start splitting hairs over speed and skill.

Gear

As stipulated Bucky has his Winter Soldier gear, meaning he's got a massive advantage with regards to equipment. Comparatively Slade has his suit, swords and a handgun. The only element of that load out I think is particularly handy is the suit, as it makes some of Buck's firearms (his plethora of pistols & SMG) something Slade can tank provided he keeps his mask on. However it does roughly nothing to deal with the Winter Soldier's more explosive options;

No Caption Provided

...the grenade launcher attached to his rifle is going to be especially useful here due to that reason, as well as the fact the 100ft starting distance makes Slade's pistol effectively a non-starter whereas this is exactly where Bucky wants to be. None of the cover on a city street is going to provide passable protection for Slade either, hiding behind a car is just going to get him immolated as shown above. Assuming it does get beyond that stage Buck's also carrying some grenades, both those capable of being thrown as normal and some that stick to their target;

No Caption Provided

...these will only really come in handy if Slade can actually make it a bit closer without getting blown up, but provided he does they present another obstacle for his continued survival. Really though, it shouldn't get beyond that. It would be out of character for Winter Soldier to rush Slade here, especially with the gear he's bringing.

Ranged Combat

Simply put, Slade is not going to win a long distance fight here. I know we're probably about to get a lengthy section about Slade's insane marksmanship but he has no showings that suggest he can hit a target this fast;

Note where Bucky isn't
Note where Bucky isn't

...at this kind of range, with this kind of weaponry. Meanwhile WS has exclusively used his launcher at this distance and doesn't even need to actually hit Deathstroke dead-on to win here. With that said he's still an excellent marksman;

No Caption Provided

...capable of tagging a sprinting Black Widow through vehicle cover. More impressively, based on sound it's actually two cars rather than one. It's unlikely Slade's going to have better luck on a street comparably littered with vehicles. Buck's inherently a better sniper than Slade by virtue of actually having feats, shooting Fury without line of sight from across a street;

No Caption Provided

...but realistically this kind of accuracy is overkill, he doesn't need to be half as good as he is with the equipment in play here.

The Bionic Arm

The Winter Soldiers most recognizable attribute and a good chunk of why the only strategy Deathstroke can take is still a bad idea. Buck's arm is obviously bulletproof and provides yet another challenge for Slade's ranged game, but its physical strength is not something that can be overcome here;

No Caption Provided

...this seemingly mediocre feat alone puts him well beyond super soldiers like Slade due to the material he's warping, Gold/Titanium alloy. The arm can actually deform it enough to break the repulsor within, which has a far greater strength than say, Slade's neck. The Winter Soldiers striking is also whack;

No Caption Provided

...as it allows him to easily punch through steel, and even more impressively overpower Captain America and push him straight through some elevator doors. Obviously Steve's strength feats are pretty well documented at this point and I think it's optimistic to put Slade on the same level as him. Even if you did believe that, the strength to overwhelm his entire body with just an arm is well beyond DS. The striking power it grants him is also important, as though Deathstroke is durable he is hardly tanking more than a handful of these.

Initial Thoughts

• The Winter Soldiers gear is perfectly suited for the fight and this foe, whereas DS's is lackluster to say the least.
  • Bucky is perfectly capable of tagging Slade at this distance, with even a near miss still being more than enough.
  • Any close encounter that should arise will be inherently lopsided due to the usefulness and unparalleled strength of the Winter Soldier's bionic arm.
buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid opening, will respond within a week or so.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See you guys next year when Lime posts

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers