CAV: CW Deathstroke (Subline) vs MCU Mockingbird (The_Magister)

• 144 results
#103 Posted by RBT (30516 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, how has there been 6 votes already? I don't think anyone is being serious with their comments. I'll vote later

#104 Edited by HERMES1220 (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m going to vote for Magister. I don’t think there was good enough evidence that supported Deathstroke’s “game changers.”

This would be a close fight regardless, but I think there was more substantial evidence for Bobbi.

(Repost)

#105 Edited by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I'm looking at my votes, and they seem to be serious... Same with both guys counted for Subline. Hermes is a repost, so the vote count didn't change with his most recent post.

@kingofwakanda said:

I'm voting Magister. Good debate by both sides, despite the dubious scaling of Slade and Overgirl's striking.

Mags provided better feats overall and better rebuttals, specifically the debunk of the bullet timing. Establishing skill for level of opponents tipped it in Bobbi's favor for me. Both are quite skilled, strong and durable but Mags arguments convinced me she was slightly better in each area.

@ourmanuel said:

I vote for Magister.

@slade-prime said:

Magister gets my vote here.

@hermes1220 said:

I’m going to vote for Magister. I don’t think there was good enough evidence that supported Deathstroke’s “game changers.”

This would be a close fight regardless, but I think there was more substantial evidence for Bobbi.

(Repost)

Thanks guys.

#106 Edited by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I’m dead serious with my vote

Lime has pulled some Olympic gold medal worthy mental gymnastics

#107 Posted by Subline (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Edited by HERMES1220 (1440 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio
#111 Posted by KoLKent (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Mag's rebuttals were a lot better and he debated a lot better overall. Some of Lime's arguments legit made no sense...scaling Slade's striking to be above a version Slade on strength enhancing steroids? Scaling Slade's striking power to Overgirl? The bullet timing were just bad, the two at a time argument kinda debunked his own arguments lol and most of the Flashback scaling with Wintergreen and Yao Fei was pointless because they aren't impressive unless you scale to Slade himself...

@the_magister gets my vote. Even though some of his arguments were dumb - like rhe Diggle and LOS thing but he just had much better debating overall

#112 Posted by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio

Mag's rebuttals were a lot better and he debated a lot better overall. Some of Lime's arguments legit made no sense...scaling Slade's striking to be above a version Slade on strength enhancing steroids? Scaling Slade's striking power to Overgirl? The bullet timing were just bad, the two at a time argument kinda debunked his own arguments lol and most of the Flashback scaling with Wintergreen and Yao Fei was pointless because they aren't impressive unless you scale to Slade himself...

@the_magister gets my vote. Even though some of his arguments were dumb - like rhe Diggle and LOS thing but he just had much better debating overall

If anyone wants a better explanation for my vote, its basically this.

Lime, this def wasn't your best. Imagine losing to an agents wanker

Avatar image for deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf
#113 Posted by deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for Magister, because Lime is a Submissiveline, and I’ve seen Mags pic - he’s brown and looks like a sausage. I’d eat a sausage, whereas I wouldn’t eat a lime, you can’t eat Limes lol. Good debate though.

#114 Posted by geekryan (6211 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm voting Magister. Good debate by both sides, despite the dubious scaling of Slade and Overgirl's striking.

Mags provided better feats overall and better rebuttals, specifically the debunk of the bullet timing. Establishing skill for level of opponents tipped it in Bobbi's favor for me. Both are quite skilled, strong and durable but Mags arguments convinced me she was slightly better in each area.

Pretty much agree with this. My vote goes to @the_magister

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#115 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read the closers and vote tomorrow.

#116 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

Read it all. I don't think this was the best debate from either of you tbh. Both of you were reaching at times, there was some lowballing, a bit of wonky logic, and at one point it almost turned into a May vs. Oliver debate instead. However, I do think Magister presented his argument better, so he gets my vote.

#117 Posted by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

Both of you were reaching at times, there was some lowballing, a bit of wonky logic, and at one point it almost turned into a May vs. Oliver debate instead.

I'll carry forward your advice into my life, career, and endeavors with women

I feel...like that might not work in your favor lol.

#119 Posted by godzilla44 (7966 posts) - - Show Bio

While I think Slade>Bobbi, the better debater here was Mag, so he gets my vote.

I feel like the true CAV here was May vs Oliver.

#120 Posted by thanosii (3271 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote Mag. I felt he better explained Bobbys Damage soak and I feel Sub should have done more to push the sword instead of Cqc. That would have sold it for me. But I kept waiting

#121 Posted by deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf (368 posts) - - Show Bio
#122 Posted by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7acde3ad624
#123 Posted by deactivated-5d7acde3ad624 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for Subline. Produced better arguments overall, sword/batons comparison etc.

#124 Posted by Kevd4wg (14311 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm switching to Tucker, he didn't make as bad arguments

#125 Posted by KoLKent (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for Subline. Produced better arguments overall, sword/batons comparison etc.

@tonymartial/@subline...

This is just next level desperation

RIP "CaVGOD" - Lime's prolly gonna make some dumb excuse to explain why this Cav doesn't count and he still has rights to that title

#126 Posted by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio

@1kingjerry: muh “those arguments are from months ago”

#127 Posted by KoLKent (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you think his excuse is gonna be when I beat him with jesus?

#128 Edited by Subline (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel said:

You won't.

No Caption Provided

#129 Posted by Subline (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of Lime's arguments legit made no sense...scaling Slade's striking to be above a version Slade on strength enhancing steroids?

False, I said Slade can hurt Oliver (which he can), and used that feat to establish Oliver's durability, I didn't in any way imply Reg Slade >> Mirakuru Slade, the wording could have used some work, but the logic wasn't wrong.

#130 Posted by ANTHP2000 (31182 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew Lime being Streak

#131 Posted by KoLKent (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline:

Wrong you said this...

Slade one shotting him may have partially been due to it being an ambush, but Oliver had a good time to react, and it at least shows that Slade can hurt Oliver (as shown in his other fights) and put him down,

than you brought up some durability feats for Oliver one of them included him taking Super Soldier Slade being unable to put him down with multiple hits...

also don't pull a Streak on me

#132 Posted by Kevd4wg (14311 posts) - - Show Bio

bruh I thought Streak left the vine

#133 Posted by Subline (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

@1kingjerry: I never said Regular Slade could put him down in less hits tho.

Whats a streak...

#134 Posted by KoLKent (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

Whats a streak...

A weeb and a guy who excessively argues with the voters after they've cast their votes.

I have no bias against you...well that's a lie but I'd vote against Magister if I could but its really hard to overlook how dumb some of your stuff was. I even think Deathstroke wins the fight...

#135 Posted by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

Whats a streak...

A weeb and a guy who excessively argues with the voters after they've cast their votes.

I have no bias against you...well that's a lie but I'd vote against Magister if I could but its really hard to overlook how dumb some of your stuff was. I even think Deathstroke wins the fight...

This

Lime you have no idea how hard it was to vote for Magister

#137 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, dumb points that were easily debunked don't take anything away from the case being made. For instance, Lime losing the bullet-timing argument only means that Slade can't bullet-time, but it doesn't have a negative affect on his other points. It's just an argument from which Lime got nothing. This shouldn't be the reason why people are voting against him.

#138 Edited by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, dumb points that were easily debunked don't take anything away from the case being made. For instance, Lime losing the bullet-timing argument only means that Slade can't bullet-time, but it doesn't have a negative affect on his other points. It's just an argument from which Lime got nothing. This shouldn't be the reason why people are voting against him.

except the stupid shit being said affects how people view your debating. So lime's still wrong

#139 Posted by BladeOfFury (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: It's not debating that voters have to judge in a CaV, it's the case being made for the characters.

#140 Posted by deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: my vote is 100 percent serious you freaking brown sausage

#141 Posted by ANTHP2000 (31182 posts) - - Show Bio

oh my

#142 Posted by Subline (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not tryna change the votes, I'm just wondering why ya think the scaling is so bad considering all the points mentioned in it, you agree with.

#143 Posted by KoLKent (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline:
You're asking why I think scaling your enhanced self to your regular self is a bad idea? Gee idk, I need to think about that

#144 Edited by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio

Lime, oh my arfing god, how dumb are you?

#145 Posted by Subline (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting Closed

The_MagisterSubline

Welp, RIP. Thanks for voting guys and good luck in your future adventures Magister!

#146 Edited by King-Ragnar (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

The only one who seems to have put some form of explanation in his vote is Jerry.

#147 Edited by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks everyone for voting/discussing, and thanks Subline for the CaV

GG

#148 Posted by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio

lime im never gonna let this go

#149 Edited by The_Red_Devil (5136 posts) - - Show Bio

Ik that Slade > Mockingbird , but Mags was the better debater here , better reasoning , better rebuttals , and overall a bit better than Lime. Lime did a solid job but I think Mags was better.

Cheers to both @subline@the_magister

#150 Posted by ourmanuel (13906 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:
@1kingjerry said:

You won't.