CaV: Chris Redfield (Nick) vs Ultimate Captain America (SFW)

• 116 results
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wolfrazer: It was when they all fought Hulk. It's like, Ultimates #5 or something.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Wolfrazer

@nickzambuto: Read it lol, hilarious. Hulk's face is priceless.

thatsjustsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris has some of the most mediocre, out of context and overinflated feats I've ever seen, so far I've seen nothing to suggest he could survive a fight with Punisher let alone Ultimate Cap.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh snap, half finished? After a month? Dis gone be that TL;DR type shiz.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By renamed040924

Oh snap, half finished? After a month? Dis gone be that TL;DR type shiz.

lol actually my goal was to try and keep things quick and concise. The reason it took so long is because I STARTED OFF trying to reply to everything he said, but it got SO long winded and boring that I decided this approach would be best.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: sweet. But just remember certain people, Ghost ravage, apparently think you fail if you don't respond to every single sentence, and do it with a paragraph. More words = better debate.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@allstarsuperman: How could i forgot?! Explicitly taken from D-bait SKILLZ by ASS.

"The best way to debate is completely ignore big chunks of text full of relevant points because laziness (or most likely utter incapability of refuting a point) > properly citing your opponent. Also, straw man, ad hominem and ad ignoratiam on every conceivable occasion. 100% guaranteed shit is going to smell better than your arguments, therefore, you win because your opponent can't deal with textual dysentery"

~AllStarSaltyman

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? We bump this for that lol

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sirfizwhiz
militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL this thread

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: bitch you still mad after over a week......damn.

No Caption Provided
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By renamed040924

@sirfizwhiz: @sirfizzwhizz

Alright so I'm pretty late lol. But I intend to finish this now.

I agree with most of what you're saying and don't feel it is necessary for me address each and every feat you posted just to rip it apart and try to pick out minor context that was never meant to be looked at. That would just be redundant and tiring, especially when I really do agree with you for the most part.

I feel like with everything that has been presented so far, Chris and Steve clearly have identical physical abilities. They are both super soldiers who have surpassed the standard super soldier level. They are above characters like 616 Captain America or Deathstroke, and are in the same tier as each other. They can both perform at the same level, and do the same things. Any physical difference between the two is minúte, so this will come down to skill, tactics, and will power... all three of which are also nearly identical. So hmm. Stalemate maybe?

For this post, I am just going to reiterate a few things from the previous posts in order to refresh people and hammer the physical equivalence between the two characters home, and also go over Chris Redfield's extremely underrated record of thriving against overwhelming odds and ability to fight against enemies far surpassing himself on-paper yet succeeding anyway, and why that should logically transfer over to defeating Captain America, who does not surpass Chris and is not an overwhelming foe, and therefore Chris's extreme combat skill will reign supreme.

Let's start off simple and just take another look at the boulder feat. This right here is all that's necessary to prove Chris and Ultimate Steve are operating within the same tier of physical ability. Characters like Black Panther, Deathstroke, Solid Snake, or 616 Captain America would not be able to do this. Only Chris Redfield and Ultimate Captain America are portrayed as possessing this level of strength and still classifying as a 'super soldier' instead of fullblown metahuman.

I mean just look at this, and really pay attention, because this feat gets downplayed a lot despite being STUPIDLY incredible. Chris doesn't just move the boulder a bit or lift it a few feet off the ground -- he straight up launches it all the way across the stretch of land and into the lava. Off the top of my head, without going into the blatant superhumans like Spider-Man, the only other super soldier who could do this is... Ultimate Captain America. But he could not perform any better than this. Both characters have their highs and lows as all characters do, but in the end, they even out to about this level. The strength required to throw this boulder is the perfect indication of the unique tier that Chris and Ultimate Captain America are on.

No Caption Provided

The same goes for durability. I'm not sure if I already brought this up yet, but Chris is actually tough enough to survive getting hit with RPG missiles at extremely close range, and more or less completely tank it and continue fighting immediately.

Piers: Captain, you okay!? Chris: Yeah, I'm fine...
Piers: Captain, you okay!? Chris: Yeah, I'm fine...

By the tone of his voice Chris wasn't really injured by the blast at all, more... irritated.

RPGs irritate Chris.

...People have the nerve to say this guy is getting beaten by like friggin Daredevil or something??? Ugh OK moving on.

The other time Chris tanked an RPG blast is actually more so a tremendous showing of his super soldier skill and instincts, where while in the middle of zip lining between buildings, Chris and his partner Piers are hit with an RPG, seemingly a direct impact, which destroys their line and sends them both falling, yet through all of the chaos and commotion Chris is able to immediately recover and land on a stack of pipes sticking out from the rooftop, and simultaneously reach out and rescue Piers, who hadn't even been able to react yet. The weight ends up being too much for the platform and it collapses, but Chris immediately saves Piers by throwing him onto a nearby balcony, before saving himself again by latching onto another pipe below.

All of this went down in less than five seconds. Piers Nivans, a bullet timer, possessed neither the recovery speed nor reaction speed to even realize what was happening until it was all over. Chris saved them both completely by himself, showing incredible resilience, as well as very quick thinking, reflexes, and environmental awareness all at once.

No Caption Provided

The skills displayed here might not pertain directly to a one-on-one battle with Captain America, but they are valuable skills nonetheless. I'd go so far as to say this whole package is one of Chris's best feats, and one that Captain America has no real counter for.

But the main point is, an RPG missile left Chris virtually unscratched, supporting his being on a tier above the usual super soldier and being equal with Ultimate Captain America.

Now if you want more traditional reaction feats such as bullet timing, Chris does have a few pretty choice feats in that regard as well. Let me preface this by saying that after reading a lot of Ultimate Cap material, I think he and Chris have equal speed and reflexes, however if we're talking simply feats, Chris does come out superior as he has at least one clear-cut cutscene bullet timing feat and another QTE bullet timing feat from a master marksman, one arguable bullet timing feat, multiple feats of outreacting other bullet timers, and two feats of dodging projectiles exponentially faster than regular bullets which Ultimate Cap has never come close to. Chris's feats of dodging projectiles are just as good as any peak human, and terribly underrated in fact.

I already posted these before, but here they are again just to reinforce Chris's reflexes.

Chris and Sheva find a survivor who faints, with Chris catching her. While holding her in his arms, the survivor reveals she is infected after all and tries to eat Chris's face, but he is able to hold her back. When Sheva turns around and fires, Chris snap-reacts to the bullet and shoves the monster away immediately, with the camera panning to show that the bullet went between them, making this clear bullet timing under VERY hectic circumstances.
Chris and Sheva find a survivor who faints, with Chris catching her. While holding her in his arms, the survivor reveals she is infected after all and tries to eat Chris's face, but he is able to hold her back. When Sheva turns around and fires, Chris snap-reacts to the bullet and shoves the monster away immediately, with the camera panning to show that the bullet went between them, making this clear bullet timing under VERY hectic circumstances.
Even with his superhuman powers, Wesker is still an expert marksman, and so obviously he makes use of his signature Samurai Edge handgun in his fight with Chris. Chris is able to perform a barrel roll dodge in QTE to avoid Wesker's fire, even though Wesker is a very noteworthy marksman, making Chris quite agile.
Even with his superhuman powers, Wesker is still an expert marksman, and so obviously he makes use of his signature Samurai Edge handgun in his fight with Chris. Chris is able to perform a barrel roll dodge in QTE to avoid Wesker's fire, even though Wesker is a very noteworthy marksman, making Chris quite agile.
While being eaten by Illuzija, one of Chris's men accidentally fires off his assault rifle in the team's direction, with Chris and his unit all reacting and ducking underneath the bullet spray.
While being eaten by Illuzija, one of Chris's men accidentally fires off his assault rifle in the team's direction, with Chris and his unit all reacting and ducking underneath the bullet spray.
Chris and Piers actually dodge two separate cruise missiles in this scene. They first bail out of the hotel just as the initial missile flies through the same balcony, then while sprinting away Chris spots the second missile coming towards them. The two actually outrace the missile over a short distance and dive behind a wall just as it flies passed them.
Chris and Piers actually dodge two separate cruise missiles in this scene. They first bail out of the hotel just as the initial missile flies through the same balcony, then while sprinting away Chris spots the second missile coming towards them. The two actually outrace the missile over a short distance and dive behind a wall just as it flies passed them.
Chris dodges Alexia's blood splatter side-by-side with Wesker, despite having an injured knee. Even Wesker was having a hard time keeping up with Alexia and was actually tagged by the blood at least once, yet in this scene and Chris's ensuing boss fight with Alexia, he was not tagged at all.
Chris dodges Alexia's blood splatter side-by-side with Wesker, despite having an injured knee. Even Wesker was having a hard time keeping up with Alexia and was actually tagged by the blood at least once, yet in this scene and Chris's ensuing boss fight with Alexia, he was not tagged at all.

This is quite a far cry from blocking tranquilizer darts with a huge shield that covers half your body. Now Steve's AK feat is really great, but what's more important is combat speed. And once again in that department, Chris has the much better, much morequantifiable feats than anything Ultimate Captain America possesses. He's been able to react to, tag, and dodge Wesker multiple times. I don't think Ultimate Captain America would be able to react to Wesker, as he has never encountered a character who is so fast that they appear invisible. Not even Ultimate Spider-Man or Wolverine come close, and Cap has admitted that the latter would be enough to beat him in a fight. But Chris's reflexes are sharp enough to outreact Wesker at least once in every single encounter they've had. This includes tagging him with strikes, dodging him while severely injured, and even dodging him with his back turned showing incredible senses and reflexes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ultimate Captain America is far from having the speed to compete with Albert Wesker, that's just a fact.

By far Chris's greatest showing against Wesker was at Spencer's Mansion, in the flashback scene with Jill, where he was actually able to go hand-to-hand with Wesker on even ground for a brief period of time. At this point Chris was the first one to attack Wesker and has been beaten multiple times, but keeps coming back. Jill was basically oneshotted and not present for 70% of the battle, and in fact it is Chris who rescues Jill by coming from the side and breaking Wesker's grip before he can crush her neck, and then engaging Wesker solo for a few seconds while she recovers. It's a very short altercation, but if you pay attention, it is extremely impressive. Chris throws a barrage of strikes and has Wesker stuck on the defensive, actually forcing him to block his final two blows. This fact wiped the smirk right off Wesker's face, and he immediately gets serious and delivers a heavy blow across Chris's cheek. However, rather than get sent across the room like most other people would, Chris is able to disregard the damage and move with the momentum of the blow and use it to power his own reverse roundhouse kick back against Wesker, which Wesker is surprised by and also forced to block.

No Caption Provided

This brief altercation is a great showing for Chris's combat speed and skill. They both easily match his absurd strength. I mean, just forcing somebody to block might not sound the most glamorous, but when you consider the fact that Wesker is like 20x stronger and faster than Chris AND a highly trained master of martial arts on top, giving him a modicum of difficulty through sheer skill is impressive.

The fact that Chris was able to keep up with Leon S. Kennedy in hand-to-hand combat despite being ambushed is enough on its own to prove without a doubt that Chris has the skills to keep up with Steve. Again, Chris's style might not be the most fanciful, but that's because it focuses on sheer efficiency in defeating an enemy. Chris is a tank and he knows it, so his fighting style revolves around completely dominating his opponent so that they can't even fight back. We all know how superhumanly quick and agile Leon is, but he never gets the chance to put those skills to work because Chris stays close and keeps his hands on Leon almost at all times.

Loading Video...

And I think I've posted these already, but here are more showings of Chris's skill and speed in hand-to-hand combat against superhumans who outclass him;

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

You can see Chris utilizing Judo and Muay Thai moves, using his enemies' motion against them and disarming weapons, targeting exposed weak points. We can discern from Chris's melee moves that he is actually a master of at least eight or nine different martial arts, and he utilizes all of them regularly.

But back to the Leon fight, what that scene shows that is more important than the H2H skill, is the fact that Chris always prioritizes going for his gun. When Leon gets him in a headlock, Chris shoulder throws him over his head and uses the distance to draw his pistol. Unfortunately Leon is just as skilled as Chris and had the same thought, they draw at the same time and reach a stalemate... However... Captain America doesn't have a gun, does he...? So if this was Steve fighting Chris instead, when Chris throws him and Steve tries to recover with an acrobatic roll, that will leave him open for Chris to open fire at point blank range. I mean Cap does have his shield but... is he really going to be fast enough to intercept the bullets right after rolling? Especially when Chris is so fast on the draw? I mean he and Leon matched each other right there in that cutscene and this is how fast Leon can draw:

No Caption Provided

He's facing down an enhanced super soldier who already has his gun aimed and is moving to pull the trigger, yet before that enhanced super soldier can react, Leon draws his grappling hook, and throws it with such speed and accuracy that it knocks away his gun.

This is beating a superhuman on the draw under the worst possible circumstances with every factor going against him. Think about how much skill that requires.

Chris did the same thing but to an even greater superhuman, Albert Wesker. Chris beat him on the quickdraw fair and square, and in the heat of the moment, he thought quick enough to aim for Wesker's fingers. Chris knew that a headshot would do minimal damage to Wesker, and he was in immediate danger with Wesker about to shoot him, so Chris very tactically aimed for Wesker's fingertips in order to make him lose his grip on his weapon instead. Merely tagging a speedster like Wesker is impressive enough, Chris combines it with quick thinking and draw speed.

No Caption Provided

So with all this in mind and Ultimate Captain America's severe lack of showings against skilled marksman (we'll talk about Hawkeye in a minute) you'll have to understand when I doubt his ability to keep up with Chris's aim.

Chris has other feats that prove he's too fast for Steve as well, like shooting the mask straight off of superspeed Jill's face in the middle of combat, and beating peak/superhuman Carla Radomes on the draw.

No Caption Provided

The context of this scene is important. Chris is in mental turmoil because Carla turned all of the men under his command into B.O.Ws, and in this scene she is verbally taunting him and he is resisting the desire to kill her. She is also twirling around her grapple gun and about to make an escape. Chris's rifle is pointed at her head, but Carla is a bullet timer and she's confident she can escape the situation, yet in an instant Chris shifts his trajectory and instead shoots away her grapple gun, leaving her stunned and completely defenseless.

No Caption Provided

If we look at a still image of the scene, we'll see that the bullet impacted squarely underneath the gun's handle. A perfect shot even when Carla was wagging the gun around.

No Caption Provided

The only thing saving Steve is the Ultimate Hawkeye scene. Everybody knows what I'm talking about, when Clint unloaded on Steve with tranqs, but Steve was fast enough to bring up his shield and actually smack all the tranqs back at Hawkeye. But we really need to remember that those were tranq rounds, not bullets. Hawkeye's accuracy can't make the projectiles move any faster, so as long as he was on trajectory, it literally might as well have been anybody shooting. Since Ultimate Cap is not a concrete bullet timer, he is simply very skilled and knows how to deal with guns and bullets, this makes me doubt whether he can really keep up when Chris is a physical super soldier too and also holds an entire arsenal of weaponry.

I think I'll just end it here. I really don't even know if Chris wins, I just wanted to prove that it was pretty close. This was a great debate, I'm glad to finally put it behind me lol. Let me know if any of these gifs don't show up.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: damn, one month later lol. I will get to this when I can.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: damn, one month later lol. I will get to this when I can.

I just want to go on record and say I called it:

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mock me all you want. It might have taken me awhile, but I came back with a kick ass post in the end.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*claps* bravo.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay!

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@nickzambuto: Good post. due to the fact Ultimate Cap is IMO a league of his own, I will let you have last post. Its only fair, not that both posts are walls of text anyway.

Im good for votes.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome......

AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasnt Frozen been gone for like a year?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have been summoned. What should I do?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been summoned. What should I do?

I dunno read it or sumthin

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasnt Frozen been gone for like a year?

He doesn't post in the battle forums from what I have seen. Not sure how active he is in off topic and other parts but he logs in from time to time.

AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Yeah just checked his page, he only goes on offtopic.....which I rarely go on.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This debate was good, great, amazing and spectacular! I really like how both characters were being presented by the debaters who were representing them, the arguments from both sides were strong, clear, fair, concise and all-around invaluable. After going over the debate twice, the winner that came to mind was definitely @nickzambuto like always he brings his absolute A game, he knows how to represent a multitude of characters and with Chris being by no means an exception, his argumentation and debating-formatting was top-class from beginning to end, and he convinced me from beginning to end as well. He showcased why Chris would take the win over Ultimate Captain America despite the fact that the two were pretty close for the most part when it comes to overall stats and character capabilities. @sirfizzwhizz did a great job in representing Ultimate Captain America, his viewpoint was reasonably and understandably strong on the basis that the feats that were being showcased had a great foundation to stand upon and his arguments were very interesting as well, I had a fun time reading through his evidence in response to Nick`s own evidence.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really like Nick's post.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: See, it was worth to let this one age like wine. lol Now make the next one, and dont leave me at the alter this time.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much reading and info.

This was a well presented debate guys.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely forgot about this lol. I will do a more in depth read but so far Nick's post are pretty stronk.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Remind me to check this out tomorrow, fam

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be reading this one tomorrow. Send me a reminder if you don't hear back by tomorrow night.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't end voting without me! I'm still reading up this.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to vote for @sirfizzwhizz on this one. I wasn't as convinced by the feats @nickzambuto presented and saw problems in a few of them, and I also can't quite ignore a big false equivalence of Wesker and Ultimate Hulk. Trying to argue Wesker being as strong as Hulk based on only the feats performed in Ultimates 1 was faulty because as featless as Giant-Man was, in my opinion and based on the feats presented for Wesker here, his size alone makes him far out of Wesker's league which makes the entire analogy fall to piece. Also the bit about Ultimate Spider-Man being a 9 tonner didn't sit well with me.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: You don't think Ultimate Spider-Man is a 9 tonner? I chose that number because that is what Fizz ranks him at, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers