CAV: Char/Zaku II (@nickthedevil) vs Natsu Dragneel (@TheVivas)

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheVivas
No Caption Provided

VERSUS

Rules/Restrictions

• Char Aznable piloting the Zaku II suit versus Natsu Dragneel.
  • Char's Zaku suit is equipped with Bazooka, Machine Gun, Heat Hawk, and Shoulder Shield.
  • Current Natsu.
  • Zaku II is restricted from flying. He can still use his thrusters to maneuver around the battlefield, though.
  • Standard morals.
  • Basic knowledge.
  • Victory can be achieved by Incap/KO/Death.
  • Fighters start 150 feet apart.
  • Battle location:
No Caption Provided

CaV Rules

• Only me and @nickthedevil are participating in this debate.
  • Do not start debates, flame-wars, etc, under any circumstances.
  • Do not correct either of us on any mistake, miscalculation, etc, that we could have possibly made. If you feel that you must do so, send us a P.M.
  • You will vote on who debated better, it is not an average battle forum topic on which character would win in a fight.
  • Voting is only permitted when both of us have agreed to end the debate. When we have, it will be announced and voting will be opened from that point only.
  • Give us at least one reason for your vote.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil If there's anything you want me to add or change, let me know!

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V man, looks good

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nickthedevil

@thevivas: gotchya. Want to go first, or shall I?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas:

Char is a strategic mastermind, but in character with basic knowledge of his opponent, even I must admit that he might come into this fight with confidence in his size advantage alone.

That being said, he isn't foolish, and a ranged attack is what I'd expect to kick things off. With plenty of machine gun rounds firing off, these are 120 mm bullets and he's going to attack from afar until the fight comes to him.

Sorry for the quality, but as shown here, he's able to fire off and directly hit the Gundam before Amuro (The Gundam pilot) could even notice.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil:

No Caption Provided

Char is a strategic mastermind, but in character with basic knowledge of his opponent, even I must admit that he might come into this fight with confidence in his size advantage alone.

Yeah, that sounds about right. If I was in a big mech suit like that fighting a regular sized human, I would come in confident too. Lol. But Natsu isn't just any regular human and isn't surprised or at a disadvantage fighting larger opponents. Before the two timeskips and before he gained two power boosts, Natsu was able to catch the foot of a large metallic dragon and throw it, even after fighting it for some time:

Although not as big as the Zaku II, the metal dragon he threw was still pretty large:

No Caption Provided

This wouldn't be his first rodeo with an extremely large opponent.

That being said, he isn't foolish, and a ranged attack is what I'd expect to kick things off. With plenty of machine gun rounds firing off, these are 120 mm bullets and he's going to attack from afar until the fight comes to him.

Natsu should have the speed to dodge the initial volley (as I'm assuming they're starting off in view of each other). As a Dragon Slayer, he has amazing senses, able to hear thieves stealing a man's wagon from over a mile away, but is able to pinpoint their pocation and hit them with a small burst of fire:

As for his speed, Sagittarius, one of Lucy's Celestial Spirits, has almost no impressive speed feats, yet can react to a sniper bullet after it's been fired in time to draw his bow and shoot the bullet out of the sky before it hits him:

As well as Wendy, another Dragon Slayer, able to react to the sniper in time to push Lucy out of the way:

No Caption Provided

Both Sagittarius and Wendy aren't even close to Natsu in speed, who is just as fast as Erza, who in turn has reacted to a magical machine gun:

And this was, again, before two timeskips an two power boosts. Currently, Natsu has hit an enemy ninja hundreds of feet away, and reappeared right before his eyes in seconds:

I believe with his superb senses and his speed, he'd be able to dodge the initial volley to reach some sort of cover behind a rock formation or something. From there, he just needs to charge up one of his Dragon Roar's and then aim it at Char. Before his two major power boosts, his roar (along with two other Dragon Slayers) was able to create a mountain sized explosion:

After his power up, his single roar is way more deadly, capable of oneshotting a Mage that he couldn't even touch before:

And this isn't even accounting for his Lightning he can also add, making his roar even more deadly:

That particular feat was performed after Natsu had been frozen in time for seven years and hadn't gained any power whatsoever. He hasn't used this move since then to my knowledge, and this was also done before he had his two power boosts.

Once he gets any of his Roars off, whether they hit or not, he'll be able to close the distance and do some damage up close, where his main focus is for fighting.

I'll send it back to you now man!

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

I don't know about the other guy but the Red Zaku was a tough mobile suit as far as Zakus go. I'm looking forward to seeing how this CAV goes.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

@thevivas:

Nice, I'll be replying when I return from work today

@ninjawarrior268 said: I don't know about the other guy but the Red Zaku was a tough mobile suit as far as Zakus go. I'm looking forward to seeing how this CAV goes.

Yeah--but that's because of Char's piloting. It was emphasized early on that the only modifications he had made to his Zaku as opposed to others, was that his communication antennae was improved. Obviously, his red paint was also a mod. lol.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By DarthAznable

I got this in the bag. T4V

Also Char's Commander Type has some increased performance but I don't know how vast.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: I'm posting this rebuttal tonight, I gotchya.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers