Tag for each post

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#11 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (5143 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Darthjhawk (5587 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#13 Posted by blackpantherisb (7243 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#14 Posted by Hope_w (2834 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't lie, 90's carnage was pure cheese, near plot device levels. However I'm glad he's getting some love.

#15 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18445 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
#16 Posted by deactivated-5c917f846ef0b (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag for Darth reaching into Spider-Man mythos

#18 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk:

Garou the Monster

No Caption Provided

Backstory

Ever since Garou was a kid he hated those that were popular due to being bullied by a popular kid at his school named Tacchan. Tacchan and friends would force him to play Heroes, where the popular Tacchan(the Hero) would beat up Garou(the Monster).

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

This made Garou come to the realization that the popular will always win, while those that are hated will always lose. What did he decide to do about it? He decided that he wouldn’t lose to anyone, become the strongest villain and change the story.

His abilities include the following

• Superhuman strength
  • Superhuman durability
  • Superhuman speed
  • Superhuman endurance/stamina
  • Expert martial artist
  • Advanced growth
  • Regeneration
  • Enhanced senses
  • Enhanced adaptability

Strength

Garou as a half monster is strong enough to one shot the likes of Puri Puri Prisoner

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind Puri Puri Prisoner is durable enough to trade blows with the Deep Sea King, who can easily bring down buildings by punching people through them.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

While weakened and the verge of unconsciousness Garou is strong enough to crater the ground with a strike.

No Caption Provided

He also shown he was strong enough to block attacks from Metal Bat(at a time when he was far weaker than he is now) with his bare hands. Right before this Metal Bat was able to crack a multiple story high building by hitting the ground dozens of ft. away from it as well as visibly shake a city block of cars.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Speed

FTE are nothing for Garou, as shown by his first ever speed feat being that he rips off Blue Fire’s arm before he even knows it happened.

Garou says a high speed attack from several Demon lvl monsters appears as if it almost isn’t moving.

No Caption Provided

Garou shows he is fast enough to deflect gatling gunfire with his bare hands.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

What makes this even MORE impressive is that this wasn’t Garou at his peak, but instead,was absurdly weakened. Before any of this it was made clear that Garou’s body was at his limit due to constant battle.

No Caption Provided

Later he even noted that he has a fever on top of this, and won’t be able to move around normally for several days. While Garou is in this state he is attacked by eight Class A/B heroes in which he gets tagged by two of Shooter’s poison arrows. These arrows as said in that scan should render Garou paralyzed, yet despite being in that horrible condition Garou deflects all of Death Gatling’s bullets and beats all of them. This is a really good speed feat that I don’t see Carnage replicating at all.

If that’s not enough Garou while still in that condition was capable of keeping up with Genos.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Genos before getting any speed upgrades Genos was fast enough to outpace his own incinerator blasts, so Garou’s performance while weakened is pretty good.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Durability/Endurance

Tanked a point blank blast from Overgrown Rover, keep in mind just one of these were strong enough to cause what felt like an earthquake across city z.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

But he didn’t just take one of these, he tanked Rover repeatedly spamming these attacks right afterwards(in the last scan you can even see the destruction across city blocks from Rover’s attacks).

A weakened Garou tanks hits from Genos.

No Caption Provided

Garou shows off his endurance when he takes a prolonged beating from Bang(keep in mind he is still weakened and just fought Genos so he is exhausted).

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Bomb(Bang’s brother)even joins in on beating on Garou at one point,yet, even after all that Garou doesn’t go down.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Bomb even describes Garou’s body as “completely broken”, yet Garou is still capable of fighting back.

No Caption Provided

Also Garou has a healing factor, he healed from this in a few hours.

Skills

He has a technique called the Fist of Flowing Water Crushed Rock. This technique targets vital spots to incapacitate ones physical functions and can return a person’s power back at them twofold.

His Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist allows him to cut up opponents with air pressure.

After fighting Metal Bat he has copied his fighting spirit, which allowed him to slowly get strong enough to overpower Gyoro Gyoro‘s binding.

Garou also is able to adapt to a person’s fighting style, he first shows this against TTM and one shotted him once he adapted.

No Caption Provided

He shows how good his adaptability is again later in his fight with the Class A hero Golden Ball. GB had taken advantage of the fact that they were fighting in a dim alleyway and tagged him with a ricochet attack.

No Caption Provided

This failed to kill him, which allowed Garou to adapt to the point that Golden Ball couldn't touch him with his golden bullets.

Garou has even adapted to being stabbed, as shown when he shrugs off being impales by Orochi due to already having been stabbed by Royal Ripper.

Initial thoughts

• Garou should be able to pretty easily tank Carnage’s blunt force attacks.
  • Garou is more skilled, not debatable.
  • Garou should have no problem hurting Carnage.
  • Garou is as fast, if not straight up faster than Carnage by a significant degree.
  • Garou can tank Carnage’s piercing attacks just like he tanked Orochi’s, so Carnage isn’t capable of one shotting.
  • While I am aware Carnage has a good healing factor, I see no reason to think it can’t be eventually taxed.
  • Even if I pretend it can’t be Carnage can still be knocked out, via blunt force or pressure points.
  • Once Garou adapts to Carnage’s fighting style(which shouldn’t be too hard) Garou will have the means to take him down handily.

Garou should have everything needed to pull a win, but I am interested in seeing how you counter this.

No Caption Provided

#19 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18445 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Darthjhawk (5587 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: Dope stuff. He's tough. I'll get to work and have this up asap.

#22 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (3488 posts) - - Show Bio

TAEP from here on out and T4V.

#23 Posted by Darthjhawk (5587 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking:Hey as I said on Discord, I'm going to go ahead and concede this matchup. I dont think i can make a decent enough case for Carnage outside of abusing regeneration and the symbiote endurance.

To those interested in this. My apologies you didnt get to see this come to fruition.