CaV: Boba Fett (Fetts) vs Cad Bane (dccomicsrule2011)

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts

Viners of all ages! Welcome to a special episode of CaV where we pit two of the most notorious bounty hunters of the Star Wars lore. No rules. No mercy. It's battle to the death! Who will win? You decide!

No Caption Provided

Rules

Remember that part when I said no rules? Ya well. I lied. Sue me.

-Random encounter.

-No prior knowledge.

-Standard equipment.

-Fight is to the death.

No Caption Provided

Opponents start 50 feet away from each other.

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

EDIT: A cityscape full of people doesn't make for a good battle area. Too many variables. Changed it to the Jedi Temple ruins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awesome, tag for voting.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Knowing DC, he'll never finish this :)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 k4tzm4n  Moderator

There's Cad Bane fans and my Tiger Claw vs. CB thread was ignored?

DISAPPOINTED.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanna know what pisses me off? When the damn Safari fails on me in the middle of my post! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fetts

@dccomicsrule2011 Alright. Let's try this again.

Boba Fett vs Cad Bane

Weaponry:

Now being a fan of Star Wars: The Clone Wars myself, I know a good bit about Cad Bane and I know with absolute certainty that he is outgunned in the sense of both variety and power. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Boba Fett arguably has the most lethal arsenal (in the world of street-levelrs that is) that comics has ever seen. Honestly, he's like the Batman of the Star Wars Universe. He's smart, he's skilled, he's well-equipped, and he kicks the asses of superhumans. I could go on and on about all of the weapons Boba has, but I won't because I don't think it's necessary.

Here is a basic showing of what Boba Fett carries in his arsenal.

Read from right to left

So let's list what he has that's shown here: Z-X Flamethrower, H.U.D. vision, Dur-24 wrist blaster, stun dart agents, mini-concussion missile (which was only at standard damage output for all of you viewers), firewhip cord, jetpack, jetpack missile, and concentrated deeb spray. I'm pretty sure that this showing alone proves that Cad Bane is outgunned. As far as I remember, Cad Bane's equipment includes dual blaster pistols, a thermal detonator or two, a wrist cord, flechette shooters, a taser, a flamethrower, jet boots, and bolas. Not only does Boba's gadgets (in just this showing) outnumber Cad's, but they're also just better. They're more destructive, they're more powerful, they're nifty, and they're accurate. Cad's arsenal just doesn't compare.

And again, that's just in that showing alone. I could get into Boba's EE-3 Carbine blaster rifle, I could get into his dual pistols, I could get into his sonic detonator, his thermal detonators, etc.

Cad Bane's arsenal reminds me of Assassin's Creed. His weapons are very... subtle (I guess? For a lack of a better of word) and prefers them over the big guns. There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's just his style. But when he's facing an opponent like Boba Fett, that is going to a huge problem for him. Not only does Boba have reflexes to dodge most if not all of those weapons, but they're all going to be very ineffective against that

Mandalorian Armor:

Boba's duraplast Mandalorian is a) blaster proof

b) explosive resistant

Nearly tanks a direct impact from a missile. It should be noted that Boba received minimal injuries at best from this and only didn't get up because the rubble trapped him.
Nearly tanks a direct impact from a missile. It should be noted that Boba received minimal injuries at best from this and only didn't get up because the rubble trapped him.

c) flame resistant

Read from right to left

and d) very blunt force resistant

Takes a hit from Darth Vader, who is approximately a 2 tonner that can smash stone pillars and dent durasteel
Takes a hit from Darth Vader, who is approximately a 2 tonner that can smash stone pillars and dent durasteel
Survives a high-speed speeder accident with only minor aches

Meaning Cad Bane's blasters, explosives, flamethrower, and fists are going to be practically useless against durability like that.

Combat Ability:

I think the combat ability between these two can be compared by taking a look at their fights with Jedi.

Cad Bane's best fight against Jedi when he took on both Obi-Wan and Quinlan.

Loading Video...

However, I genuinely believe it is largely PIS due to the duo having extremely slow reflexes compared to their standard showings (i.e. Quinlan's feet getting entangled by bolas at 0:23, Obi-Wan jumping and hanging on to the ledge as the pillar he's standing on collapses at 0:40, and Obi-Wan getting allowing Cad Bane to press the button on his taser at 1:26). Plus, Quinlan seemingly lost his Force Senses when Bane's droid snuck up on him and started tugging at his hair.

Now don't get me wrong, Cad Bane does show some great cunning and skills in this fight. But I feel like he shouldn't have lasted as long as he did here, but did only because the writers stooped these two down to a lower level to make the fight more entertaining. Obi-Wan is regarded as one of the Order's brightest, and Quinlan isn't too far behind him. Both of them even survived Order 66. Now, if Cad Bane fought two Jedi that are more average than Obi-Wan and Quinlan, I'd say this is a valid showing and there is no PIS here. But Jedi on the caliber of Obi-Wan and Quinlan simply should not have performed as poorly as they did here.

Also, even if this wasn't PIS, Cad Bane's little droid helped played a big part in this duel twice (which I know sounds utterly ridiculous, which is exactly my point) which allowed Bane to get the upper hand.

Heck, in the episode "Cargo of Doom", Cad Bane was beaten by Ahsoka Tano, who was relatively inexperienced at the time. Cad Bane had to use trickery in order to KO her rather than using actual skill. In my humble opinion, this fight is more believable.

http://www.animeflavor.com/node/24809

Skip to 12:50

As for Boba Fett, he has instantly beaten Rahm Kota,

No Caption Provided

defeated a speed-blitzing Starkiller clone,

Read from right to left

and defeated Darth Vader himself.

Later it's revealed that Boba could have killed Vader as he was retrieving the chest

Though, I will admit that he did win that last fight mainly because of his wits and ability to gain a tactical advantage/having the chest (which caused Vader to hold back) rather than actual fighting ability (though that was involved as well). Even then, considering what a formidable powerhouse Vader is, it's very impressive.

And lastly, Boba has killed many Jedi off-panel according to Jaina Solo.

"Fett, you can teach me to bring down Jedi. You've done it often enough."

-Jaina Solo, Star Wars: Legacy of The Force: Revelation

And before you play reverse psychology on me and start calling PIS on these, you have to remember that Boba is the unaltered clone and son of Jango Fett, the man who famously killed 20 Jedi with his bare hands at the Battle of Galidraan. Not only does he have the same peak human physique as Jango, but he was also trained by Jango during his childhood. Because of this, the fact that Boba has owned Jedi and Sith is consistent.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I believe Boba Fett is superior to Cad Bane in every way. He has more and better weapons, he has a consistent showing of skill, and his wits has helped him bring the likes of Darth Vader to his knees. There's a reason why Cad Bane isn't acknowledged as "the most fearless bounty hunter the galaxy has ever known" and Boba Fett is ;)

No Caption Provided

Your move dude!

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: Dang nice scans. Im gonna go now anyway, since this isnt my battle.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fetts
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dondave

Should be good

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@fetts said:

@dccomicsrule2011 So does this mean I win? ;)

Nah. it's just my usual lazy self. :P In all seriousness though, I will get to this soon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

@dccomicsrule2011 So does this mean I win? ;)

Nah. it's just my usual lazy self. :P In all seriousness though, I will get to this soon.

I was looking forward to this. Get to it!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

tag for votes

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes please

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me also

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh, come on, now, DC.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fetts
Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@whirlwind_33 said:

@fetts: He wins by default

I'm suddenly not in the mood to debate Star wars EU.... So yes, Fetts can have the win.

Also, Cad Bane would stomp Boba since all of his feats are officially non-canon now - the only thing Boba did in the movies is get shot by a blind Han Solo and fell in the vigina I mean Sarlacc Pit.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wolfrazer

Don't see why you can't still use Boba's feats, considering they haven't come out with anything new for ROTE/Rebellion era so...Boba's feats during that time should still be fine. I'm still wondering why people think the ROTE/Rebellion era is gone though, they just said post-ROTJ is done...just because it's now in a "Legends" catagory doesn't mean it's gone....nothing has really been rewritten yet, so until then why not still be able to use Boba's feats and others in the ROTE/Rebellion/Clone era?...

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see why you can't still use Boba's feats, considering they haven't come out with anything new for ROTE/Rebellion era so...Boba's feats during that time should still be fine. I'm still wondering why people think the ROTE/Rebellion era is gone though, they just said post-ROTJ is done...just because it's now in a "Legends" catagory doesn't mean it's gone....nothing has really been rewritten yet, so until then why not still be able to use Boba's feats and others in the ROTE/Rebellion/Clone era?...

Actually, it was stated in a tweet that all of the EU will be made non-canon - not just post ROTJ.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Legends" is interchangeable with "non-canon"

They said they might take some influence from past stories, but they won't be a part of the "one" universe.

And that's not just going for post-ROTJ. They said it was for "all existing EU"

Every, single, piece of EU is essentially non-canon right now. They even said they "weren't sure" if the movie novels were canon.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolfrazer

@dccomicsrule2011: You have a link? Because that seems odd they would just single out the post-ROTJ in their announcement and say nothing else of the other EU.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: They didn't single out one piece of EU. The tweet answerer from Lucasfilms story team was saying things like "We might use the character Darth Plagueis since he's in the movies, but his novel is Legends"

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dccomicsrule2011: You have a link? Because that seems odd they would just single out the post-ROTJ in their announcement and say nothing else of the other EU.

No Caption Provided

They're other tweets...but I'm to lazy to pull them up, this should do.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolfrazer

@dccomicsrule2011: Ok but what has made that quote any different from past quotes in regards to canon?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Ok but what has made that quote any different from past quotes in regards to canon?

The EU was never non-canon that's why.....It was either C-Canon or T-Canon. If they were always non-canon - why are they making a big deal about it now being non-canon?

Plus, the new EU stories that are to come, will be in an entirely different universe from the "Legends" canon.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: To come and yes, it will be entirely different. But the thing is, what is still there, is still there until it has been re-written. The EU hasn't been protected from changes before, so why is this anything new?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@wolfrazer said:

@dccomicsrule2011: To come and yes, it will be entirely different. But the thing is, what is still there, is still there until it has been re-written. The EU hasn't been protected from changes before, so why is this anything new?

...I don't get what you're saying. The old EU is non-canon now, period - it was already stated.

We can still use them in the Battle forum, yes, but it will have to be specified that we're using "Legends" version of the characters.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those of you trying to keep up with the official Star Wars canon, here is the timeline for all materials that are officially a part of Star Wars canon. Any material not on this list is a part of the Star Wars Legends brand. The Star Wars Legends brand is not official and does not fall in line with official Star Wars canon. Here is the official Star Wars timeline:

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Set in the year 32 BBY

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Set in the year 22 BBY

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film & TV series) - Set between the years 22 BBY and 20 BBY

Star Wars: Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir (upcoming comic book series) - Set around the year 20 BBY

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - Set in the year 19 BBY

Star Wars: Lords of the Sith (upcoming novel) - Set sometime between 19 BBY and 5 BBY

Star Wars: A New Dawn (upcoming novel) - Set several years prior to 5 BBY

Star Wars Rebels: Ezra's Gamble (upcoming Jr. novel) - Set before or around the year 5 BBY

Star Wars Rebels (upcoming TV series) - Set around the year 5 BBY

Star Wars: Tarkin (upcoming novel) - Set before or during the year 0 BBY/ABY

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - Set in the year 0 BBY/ABY

Star Wars: Heir of the Jedi (upcoming novel) - Set between the years 0 BBY/ABY to 3 ABY

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Set in the year 3 ABY

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Set in the year 4 ABY

Star Wars Episode VII - Set around the year 34 ABY

More Star Wars stories will be added to the official timeline as we get newer material. Material from the Star Wars Legends can most certainly be used as influence for future stories that will appear into official Star Wars canon.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@rebel_leader1 said:

For those of you trying to keep up with the official Star Wars canon, here is the timeline for all materials that are officially a part of Star Wars canon. Any material not on this list is a part of the Star Wars Legends brand. The Star Wars Legends brand is not official and does not fall in line with official Star Wars canon. Here is the official Star Wars timeline:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film & TV series) - Set between the years 22 BBY and 20 BBY

Star Wars: Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir (upcoming comic book series) - Set around the year 20 BBY

Star Wars: Lords of the Sith (upcoming novel) - Set sometime between 19 BBY and 5 BBY

Star Wars Rebels: Ezra's Gamble (upcoming Jr. novel) - Set before or around the year 5 BBY

Star Wars: Heir of the Jedi (upcoming novel) - Set between the years 0 BBY/ABY to 3 ABY

More Star Wars stories will be added to the official timeline as we get newer material. Material from the Star Wars Legends can most certainly be used as influence for future stories that will appear into official Star Wars canon.

I see. Thanks for the info.

Although i'm going to miss the "old EU", this new one is looking pretty interesting atm.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: No problem got this from someone who keeps track of and organizes official canon. Clears things up a bit.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By deathstroke52

Fett stomps