CaV: Blake Belladona ( Joewell ) vs Black Widow (Jwalser3 )

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Black Window Represented By Jwalser3!

No Caption Provided

Blake Belladonna Represented By Joewell!

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Both are in character, morals on.
  • Random Encounter, no prep or knowledge.
  • Win by KO, incapacitation, or death.
  • Blake has Gambol Shroud and some dust cartridges, Black Widow has dual pistols and her Widow Bites.
Fight takes place in this parking lot. Blake starts at the black star, Black Widow starts at the red.
Fight takes place in this parking lot. Blake starts at the black star, Black Widow starts at the red.
  • This is a CaV, please do not post unless you're asking to be tagged for votes or voting. If you have an issue, PM us instead.
Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3- Here it is. I'll have my opener up sometime today.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@joewell: Hey looks great. I'll let you go first.

Avatar image for attackonshahbaz
AttackOnShahbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like someone forgot about how Black Widow always loses.

JK

PacPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for votes plz.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: I double posted and couldn't post my opener, so sorry about that. I have it all writen up in a PM, but won't be able to put it up until tomorrow.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jwalser3

@pacpanda: @attackonshahbaz: Will do, guy.

@frisky4 said:

Looks like someone forgot about how Black Widow always loses.

JK

You're not allowed to vote do to bias. Don't ever, trash talk my Red Russian babe.

Jk

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Here it is!

Blake Belladonna is a huntress in training and a member of the monster fighting team RWBY. She is a Faunus, the oppressed race of half animal people in her world. As a child, Blake was apart of the terrorist organization White Fang, but later left after she found out of their violent ways. After leaving the White Fang, Blake enrolls at Beacon Academy, a school for training Huntresses and Huntsmen. In combat, it is apparent Blake has great skill. She wields her "Variant Ballistic Chain Scythe" Gambol Shroud with extreme efficiency. All in all, Blake isn't one to be messed with.

Loading Video...

In the above video, Blake and another Faunus named Adam battle through a train full of robots. Blake and her partner both mow down these bots with absolute ease. Some impressive things from Blake in this video include blocking machine gun fire from the robots, cutting through the metal of them, tanking charged shot from the Spider Droid that knocked her through a thick metal door, and just generally destroying these robots built for defense.

Loading Video...

You can stop after 1:20.

In this scene, Blake takes down Roman Torchwick, which is no small feat on it's own, as Roman has casually deflected bullets and fought evenly with other top tier fighters of this verse. But not only does Blake beat Roman in this fight, she stomps him. Another thing shown in this scene is the use of her Semblance. A Semblance is an ability everyone in this universe has. It varies from person to person. For some it's extreme speed, for others it's magnetism, and etc. Blake has the ability to create clones of herself. Normally, these clones last only for a second and can do little. You can see them in the first video, looking more like after images. But when paired with dust, a substance that allows elemental powers, her Semblance becomes more powerful. In the Roman fight, Blake uses this several times. Making an exploding clone to knock Roman back, a stone clone for cover, and an ice clone to catch her opponents weapon. She also shows off some kind of sword energy projectile thingy, which hasn't really been explained. But it's powerful enough to rip apart the floor of the train they're on, so it'll be useful.

Another trait that is shared throughout the people of the RWBY universe is an Aura. Aura is explained as a manifestation of ones soul that protects the user. It basically acts as a force field and allows extra durability for users of it.

That should be enough for the intro. I'll wait for your opener on Black Widow before I make any arguments.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sweet. Hopefully people will see that Black Widow is a badass.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet. Hopefully people will see that Black Widow is a badass.

I'm going to try my best!

@joewell finishing up my scan collection, I'll post by tomorrow night.

Avatar image for attackonshahbaz
AttackOnShahbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AttackOnShahbaz

@jwalser3: I'm very curious to see how you do, considering under normal circumstances I'd say Blake would probably win. Good luck.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jwalser3

@joewell: Great opener!
Natalia Romanova, The Black Widow

No Caption Provided

Black Widow is probably the Marvel Universe greatest spy. She is trained in various fighting styles, weapons, and has decades worth of experience. Fighting alongside the Avengers, The Cold War, etc. She is full of experience. She's been given a special blend of Super Soldier Serum, allowing her to reach Peak Human levels. She's as deadly as she is beautiful.

Gear

Now her Widow Bites aren't on the same level as, the bat belt. But they are defiantly full, and ready for anything.

1. Ballistic Rounds
  2. Stun Blasts
  3. Heavy Rounds capable of destroying a small plane
  4. Poison Dart
  5. Knife
  6. Rope
  7. Disrupt Electronics

She's packing a lot in those gauntlets of hers.

Skill

As said earlier, Black Widows skill is amazing. She's trained with Wolverine, Bucky Barnes, and when she was 12 she was the best fighter in a Russian prison. She's been able to hold her own or flat out beat some of Marvel's greatest.

Her she is fighting Bucky. While she did end up loosing this fight, it still showcases her skill as she was evading close range shots from WS. She also disarmed him and was able to trade punches.

I feel this is a nice and small opener, can't wait to see your response!

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAG FOR VOTING

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Right back at ya!

Advantages of Blake

After your opener, I now feel I can list what Blake has in this fight over Natalia. I only know what you've shown me, so if I state anything incorrect, tell me.

• Blake has better stats. From what I've seen so far, Blake out does Black Widow in strength, speed, and durability by quite a bit.
  • Blake has more skill. She has taking down an army of robots build for defense with ease and beat Roman Torchwick, who has great speed and skill himself. Natalia on the other hand, lost to ( And would have died if not for Captain America's Shield ) Bucky after only a small fight. Now I'm not saying it's not impressive, but Blake would have done better in the same situation.
  • Black Widow has nothing Blake can't handle. Blake can dodge or block any projectile thrown at her and beat Natalia in close combat.
  • Blake has ways to put Widow out. Blake probably couldn't gun down her opponent, but she has other ways. If she uses Gambol Shroud as a sword or chain-scythe and went in for close combat, she'd be able to take her down in after a short fight, considering her upper hand in skill and stats. She also has her Semblance. She could come up close and leave an explosive clone near Natalia to take her out or use her air-slash to cut Widow in two.

In the end, I believe Blake would win because of her better skills and stats, more ways to put down Black Widow, and ability to handle anything her opponent has to offer.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell:

After your opener, I now feel I can list what Blake has in this fight over Natalia. I only know what you've shown me, so if I state anything incorrect, tell me.

Oh I will. Get ready boy!

• Blake has better stats. From what I've seen so far, Blake out does Black Widow in strength, speed, and durability by quite a bit.

I wouldn't say all that.

Strength

1. Breaking the metal plating off a robot.
  2. WS says that she's strong. Her hits were capable of hurting an enhanced human.

Speed

I honestly hate posting speed feats for street level fights. I mean, every street level character has dodged bullets :p

1. Blocks an attack from Mister X. Who I may add was casually deflecting bullets on the page prior.
  2. Evades rounds from a minigun.
  3. Is in the line of sights of some goons. She manages to move before they fire.
  4. Blocks a sniper round from Punisher.

Her speed has let her hang with the likes of tough foes before.

Durability

With peak human level durability, she's not doing anything crazy. I'll say this may be the quickest category. But never the less she's handled some tough stuff.

Her she is falling multiple stories and lands on a car. After, she is immediately tossed multiple feat and again, quickly collects herself.

Her Widow is close to a building busting explosion. The force sends her flying. What does she do right after? Start climbing a building. She's clearly got a huge pain threshold and can take a fair amount of damage.

Blake is tough, but Natasha has some pretty good stats.

• Blake has more skill. She has taking down an army of robots build for defense with ease and beat Roman Torchwick, who has great speed and skill himself. Natalia on the other hand, lost to ( And would have died if not for Captain America's Shield ) Bucky after only a small fight. Now I'm not saying it's not impressive, but Blake would have done better in the same situation.

I wouldn't say she would have died if not for the shield. She's easily evaded his shots in the other panels. She dove into him because of the shield. She was just utilizing the shield. And since that robot feat is so impressive.

No Caption Provided

Using her surrounding, and tactics she brought down 100 men. While she didn't fight them directly head on(ambushes) she did this all by herself. Blake didn't fight nearly 100 opponents and she had aid. She's stalemated Elektra, nearly killed Fury, stomped Red Gaurdian, Viper, etc. She's defiant skilled. Even in your first post, you say Blake a huntress in training. Black Widow has decades of training and experience.

• Black Widow has nothing Blake can't handle. Blake can dodge or block any projectile thrown at her and beat Natalia in close combat.

Honestly I believe that'll be the down fall. Her h2h skills have been proven to hold her own with some deadly people.

• Blake has ways to put Widow out. Blake probably couldn't gun down her opponent, but she has other ways. If she uses Gambol Shroud as a sword or chain-scythe and went in for close combat, she'd be able to take her down in after a short fight, considering her upper hand in skill and stats. She also has her Semblance. She could come up close and leave an explosive clone near Natalia to take her out or use her air-slash to cut Widow in two.

I mean, Black Widow does as well. Whether it be poison, martial art, bullets etc. If she really got up close she could work Blake and disarm her. At that point she could use her rope to strangle her. Or shoot the gas tank of a close by car to disorient her and them cap her.

Over all I think the experiance and on the feet think with the world around her will give her the win she needs.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: How many rounds do you wanna do?

1. Breaking the metal plating off a robot.
  2. WS says that she's strong. Her hits were capable of hurting an enhanced human.
  • Blake has cut clean through metal robots, so I'd say she stills takes this category.
  1. Blocks an attack from Mister X. Who I may add was casually deflecting bullets on the page prior.
  2. Evades rounds from a minigun.
  3. Is in the line of sights of some goons. She manages to move before they fire.
  4. Blocks a sniper round from Punisher.

All of this would definitely allow her to fight on even grounds with Blake, but she is still only about equal.

With peak human level durability, she's not doing anything crazy. I'll say this may be the quickest category. But never the less she's handled some tough stuff.

That's not bad at all, but Blake is definitely better in this category. She tanked a shot that destroys steel doors, along with this explosion-

Loading Video...

Start-1:50

Watch the beginning for the durability feat of tanking a point blank explosion from beneath and up until 0:33 for some impressive agility. Roman fights a character named Sun after that, showing off the statements I made about him earlier. Then Blake jumps back in and fights him again, but loses. ( This is before the other fight with Roman, so she has less training and doesn't have the Dust in this one. ) I'd still say it's impressive though, as she shows off some pretty amazing combat speed.

Blake is tough, but Natasha has some pretty good stats.

True, but considering everything I'd say Blake has better in the end.

Using her surrounding, and tactics she brought down 100 men. While she didn't fight them directly head on(ambushes) she did this all by herself. Blake didn't fight nearly 100 opponents and she had aid. She's stalemated Elektra, nearly killed Fury, stomped Red Gaurdian, Viper, etc. She's defiant skilled. Even in your first post, you say Blake a huntress in training. Black Widow has decades of training and experience.

Nice. I believe the robots are a little better than those mooks and the fact that Widow took hours and hours and used stealth while Blake's happened in only a couple minutes and was a direct confrontation makes up for the lesser amount of enemies. I get that Widow is very skilled, but I don't think she could do anything Blake couldn't. The fact that Blake is in training means nothing. She has had training from the White Fang ( The first scene in the train took place before her admission to Beacon ) and is more than enough to combat with Natalia.

Honestly I believe that'll be the down fall. Her h2h skills have been proven to hold her own with some deadly people.

As has Blake. She also wields a harder to counter weapon ( In it's chain-scythe form. I mean, how do you block something that can simply wrap around your defenses, and cut/shoot you while doing so? Not to mention it's moving at blur-speeds ), has the Semblance to distract and damage Widow, and the Aura to make things such as punches, explosives, stuns blast, and such much less effective.

I mean, Black Widow does as well. Whether it be poison, martial art, bullets etc. If she really got up close she could work Blake and disarm her. At that point she could use her rope to strangle her. Or shoot the gas tank of a close by car to disorient her and them cap her.

Everything Widow has Blake can counter, I wouldn't say the reverse is true. Poison darts would only hit Blake's Aura, so until you break that ( Which apparently takes more than an explosion and metal busting energy shot ) the poison wouldn't actually be injected. Not like Blake couldn't dodge or deflect the darts anyways. I highly doubt Widow would have the time or skills to disarm her, as she'll be constantly bombarded by up close bullets, blades, and Semblance attacks. She's definitely not getting strangled, as she probably wouldn't ever be in that situation, but if she does, she can get out by cutting the rope or leaving an explosive clone beside Natalia. A car explosion would hardly distract Blake, seeing that she has been right beside and inside explosions before without much harm. Tagging her with bullets is way out the window, proving by the fact she has blocked machine gun fire without problem.

Over all I think the experiance and on the feet think with the world around her will give her the win she needs.

I disagree. I don't think her experience or quick thinking will give her much of an advantage in this battle, and not enough of one to get around Blake's superior stats, skill, weaponry, and versatility.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: I believe I was greatly misinformed with this characters abilities. I was told just clones and (I assumed a low level force field, seeing how she needs to evade bullets) but tanking a high-powered rifle is too far. Stats are on completely different levels.

Widow would need prep/prior knowledge to even come close to taking Blake on. Her standard gear wont cut it. I'm done with this CaV due to it being a mismatch and being incredibly misinformed.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Whoops. Sorry about that. I said the she had all of this in the begining though. And everything I've said is in the wiki. Blake's stats are in the mid-street level range, where I thought Widow was at.

But that's cool and all. If you want to do something else, tell me and we could sort something out. Thanks for the fun debate so far!

Rt567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Let's start by saying, Blake has nothing on Natasha in H2H, that's absolutely absurd. Second, Natasha might be human, but do you remember her serum? She's able to break a neck with one strike, rip off a metal arm, and kick a man to hard it breaks a wall. She also has the edge in experience, (Being 78 compared to Blake's 19) Not to mention, Blake's been disarmed by fighters who are tiers below Widow. Roman, Ilya, and Adam Taurus. (Even if he's more powerful, he's definitely not as skilled as Widow.) She also has an edge in gadgets.

Blake's speed, weapon and semblance are great, but it's only gonna delay the inevitable. Pretty sure Widow takes this one.

Rt567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Black Widow's reacted to Magik teleporting and attacking directly behind her, so I'm pretty sure she can react to Blake's weapon.