CaV Aurra Sing (Banthabot) vs An'ya Kuro (Fated_Xtasy)

• 61 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We have got an interesting one for you today! Teacher vs Student, Assassin vs Renegade, Bounty Hunter vs Jedi!

Aurra Sing defended by @banthabot

No Caption Provided

VS

An'ya Kuro defended by @fated_xtasy

No Caption Provided

Rules

Morals on but fighting seriously

No outside amps

Standard gear

Fight to the death

Battle takes place on Taspir III

No Caption Provided

Spectator Rules

No outside arguments. If you have something you wish to say about the debate do it via PM

Be respectful. People work hard on these debates

No derailing the thread

Regular posting is allowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fated_xtasy you may have first go. I have another debate I need to respond to first

Aurbere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Good luck, boo bear!

My vote goes to @banthabot. His arguments are more compelling and countered everything well.

It hasn't even started yet, so shush.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T420V

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

T4V.

I lost my way, and watching two elite debaters go at it can make me become whole again.

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Even though I know Bantha's gonna stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to seeing how high you can get Aurra ranked on the Vine with your efforts Bantha.

You got this! Bring Aurra back home where she belongs!

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without prep?

Aurra gonna have her work cut out for her, this should be good

T4V

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fated_Xtasy

I'll do the honors then Bantha. Hopefully we can do better than we did with Gnost V Jaden debate.

Expect my post soon.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fated_xtasy: I know for a fact that we both have grown as debaters since that atrocity. Gnost-Dural still wins btw

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Change of plan. Fated said I can have first go. I was planning on going in slowly on the left but I guess I'm taking him now!

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Change of plan. Fated said I can have first go. I was planning on going in slowly on the left but I guess I'm taking him now!

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fated_xtasy:Fated said that I could have the first go after all. Today I will be defending a Dark Jedi/Bounty Hunter, expert assassin, and professional Jedi Killer for hire, Aurra Sing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Physicals

I will try to keep this section short. Aurra Sing as of FotJ is older than An'ya but due to the genetics of what ever unknown species she is apart of she ages extremely slowly and is physically in her prime. An'ya Kuro on the other hand is just a regular human in her 70's I believe and is way past her physical prime. This alone should be enough to give Aurra the edge as she has to call less heavily on the Force to continue to fight.

But Aurra also has her cybernetic. Her cybernetic does several things, it houses a large data base of all kinds of information, it gives her a fear sense allowing her to feed of the fear of the people around her, and it also acts as a sensor that detects the area around her giving her increased awareness on top of her Jedi Force senses. After Aayla cut the antenna off the range was significantly shortened but it still functions perfectly at close range.

The Anzati even affixed her with a Rhen-Orm biocomputer sensor implant, which not only increased her situational awareness, but also transmitted a simulated sensation of the fear the Anzati preyed upon.

—Star Wars Databanks

Pretty much Aurra is physically younger, just as fast, more physically strong, has better stamina, and has a kick ass cybernetic to boot. There isn't much of a competition where physicals is concerned.

Force Powers

Aurra Sing is powerful Force Wielder. I bet you probably think An'ya Kuro gets the edge in the Force due to her rare Force abilities but I will explain why she doesn't latter on. For now allow me to establish Aurra Sing as a Force Wielder.

Depa Billaba and Eeth Koth believe Aurra Sing is powerful in the Force.

No Caption Provided

And Captian Typho considers her to have a "storied" connection to the Force.

Typho realised he had made a foolish and possibly fatal mistake. He had failed to take into acount Sing's storied connection to the Force.

―Star Wars: Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows

As far as actual feats is concerned she is a powerful wielder of Telekinesis. She is capable of utterly humiliating A'sharad Hett in a battle of TK while she was severely injured.

No Caption Provided

(note how her Force Push is like 5x as powerful as his.)

A'Sharad Hett was capable of releasing a blast of TK at the age of fifteen capable of sending a large group of Tuskan's flying.

No Caption Provided

This same display of power earned him praise from Ki-Adi-Mundi and Sharad Hett.

No Caption Provided

I personally cannot recall An'ya Kuro ever even wielding TK. I don't doubt The Dark Woman has TK but with no showings to back her up Aurra Sing should take the edge in this regard.

Aurra Sing can also wield Force Lightning, giving her another avenue of direct attack against The Dark Woman.

As well as lightsabers, Aurra Sing could turn to the Dark Side of the Force, releasing Dark Side lightning….

—The Official Star Wars Fact File 117

No Caption Provided

And lastly Aurra Sing is a master of stealth and Force Concealment. Should there be a break in the battle or should either of the two loose sight of each other Aurra could use that to her advantage and attack An'ya from the shadows undetected, much like this.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Overall Aurra is a very effective Force Wielder. But why is she a better Force Wielder than The Dark Woman? Well that is because of her Force powers actually play a role in combat where as The Dark Woman, while possessing a nice array of unique and arcane powers, only has utility powers at her disposal.

She can teleport, that's nice but it cannot be used for direct attack.

She can phase through objects but has never done this against an opposing Force wielder.

She has mastered Force healing, but can only apply this power out of combat, and again it's not offensive.

She can manipulate plants which IS an offensive power but the battle ground is over a freaking volcano. This is especially funny because I let you pick the battle ground and said that im cool with plants being around as long as its not an excessive amount, and you chose this place. Way to limit your own character, bro :P

So yea, Aurra is the better Force Wielder because her powers actually have an impact on this battle, where as The Dark Woman's best powers are either non-offensive or have never been used against other Force Wielders.

Sabers

This is arguably Aurra Sings strongest edge. She is a master of Ataru as well as multiple other non-jedi martial arts and has been repeatedly been considered one of the best in the galaxy. Aurra Sing was trained by your own character but this works against you as it give Aurra Sing an accolade of being one of the best lightsaber duelists in the temple.

Her student’s were the most battered in the temple—but they were also the best Lightsaber combatants…

—Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

And is considered to be hands down one of the best fighters in the Galaxy

An Anzati education would be more than enough to make anyone an untouchable killer, but Sing had no less than four distinct educations in the science of combat. Hands down, she was one of the deadliest fighters in the Galaxy.

—The New Essential Guide to Characters

Jango Fett also believes this.

"She is one of the deadliest fighters I have ever known," Jango had told Boba once, years before. "She was trained as a Jedi, but for some reason she hates them more than she hates anyone in the galaxy ― and that is saying something! Don't ever cross her, son. And above all, don't ever trust her."

― Star Wars: Boba Fett: Maze of Deception

And Ki-Adi-Mundi states that he has rarely seen anyone as skilled as Aurra. Impressive coming from a member of the Jedi council who literally lives with the some of the best swordmasters in galactic history.

No Caption Provided

As far as feats go Aurra has constantly engaged some of the best. Her first most notable kill was Sharad Hett, who she bested in one on one combat, which is especially impressive as Sharad Hett would have had the advantage of fighting in on Tatooine, much like A'sharad Hett did when he fought Obi-Wan Kenobi.

And it was stated by Yoda that it would take a Jedi of Ki-Adi-Mundi's caliber to defeat Sharad Hett.

No Caption Provided

She has engaged the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn duo after completing an assassination, and was able to put them both on their asses before taking her leave.

No Caption Provided

Qui-Gon Jinn being considered one of the best swordsmasters the order has ever seen.

Jinn was generally regarded as one of the best pure swordsmen the Order had ever seen.

―The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

And is a superior Duelist than Anoon Bondara the Battle master at the time who was considered to be unmatched in lightsaber combat.

Renowned for his skill with the lightsaber, Jedi Master Anoon Bondara is regarded by many of his peers and all of his apprentices as a role model whose combat prowess is unmatched in the Jedi Order. Bondara would disagree with this assesment. During his tenure at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, he spars with superior lightsaber duelists such as Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu.

―Jedi Academy: Training Manual

And Obi-Wan, even at this age, was considered to be one of the Order's best.

No Caption Provided

―The New Essential Chronology

She also, after years of not so much as even practicing with the lightsaber, and after being shot earlier that day in the shoulder, pushed Jax Pavan in lightsaber combat.

Jax kept backing away, parrying, letting the Force completely control him. A wrong move and he would be chopped down. His best bet was to wait, to let her wear herself out before attempting to take her down. Assuming he could outlast her. She was humanoid, but not human; their might be different rules for her kind. He was already certain that her fast twitch muscle percentage was higher than his. He was getting tired, and she seemed as fast and strong as when they'd started.

Aurra Sing being injured.

But the Twi'lek's aim was better than it had any right to be; it was on the same skill level as that of someone taught in the Temple. A bolt from one of the blasters slipped past Sing's whirling lightsaber and singed her left shoulder. The bounty hunter gritted her teeth and slashed an opening in one of the plastiform walls.

Aurra stating that she hasn't practiced with a lightsaber in years. You may be thinking that this is just hyperbole but this statement was made only a few days after she was released from Oovo 4, a prison that she had been held in since the middle of the clone wars.

"This is wonderful!" Sind declared. Her eyes were shining, her expression alive with cruel delight―and Typhon decided, more than a touch of madness. "It's been ages since I've had a decent lightsaber workout."

Jax Pavan is stated to know all seven forms of lightsaber combat.

He had trained as a Jedi since the age of two; spent years in meditation and study of Jedi history, Jedi philosophy, Jedi strategy. He had spent months and months in combat training, which consisted largely on learning the defensive forms, from Shii-cho to Juyo. He had spent countless hours on mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual control.

―Star Wars: Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force

And knowing Juyo makes him a high level master of multiple forms.

Only high-level masters of multiple forms can achieve and control the ultimate discipline known as Form VII.

―Insider #62: Fightsaber

It is also stated that no non-force wielder could ever match him in combat. The best that they could hope for is a stalemate. Note that this statement was made during a time where Jax Pavan had lost his connection to the Force.

No ordinary humanoid could contend with a Jedi one-on-one and expect to win. Even a true teras kasi adept, harnessing his own inner energy and drawing on decades of honed skill, could hope, at best, for a draw, and there weren't more than a handful of those in all the galaxy.

―Star Wars: Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight

It should also be noted that Jax Pavan was able to fight Darth Vader in lightsaber combat and performed admirably.

Probably her most notable feat is against Jacen Solo. Aurra Sing was capable of disarming him despite being Force Pushed away.

The move did not surprise her as much as he had hoped. As she flew away, Sing rolled the tip of her blade over his, and his Lightsaber went flying. He held his Force shove until he heard her thud into the wall opposite, then sprang to his feet.

―Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Tempest

But this is not all that Aurra has. She is a weapons master who is a walking armory. She carries an extra lightsaber, a sniper riffle, twin blaster pistols, and a ton of knives and vibroblades hidden all over her body. These allow her to attack from unexpected angles like activating her extra lightsaber mid combat, pulling out a blaster pistol, or kicking with her boot knife. And to top it all off she is stated as being a master of ALL weapons.

Aurra’s mastery of all weapons was Legendary. When pursued by the Jedi on the Dark Woman’s planet, she even employed proximity mines against the enemy.

—The Official Star Wars Fact File

And if you still have any doubts that Aurra is better, here is evidence that Aurra Sing is at least four time better than The Dark Woman due to her ability to successfully engage skittish Quarrians. Here is a scan of her casually engaging four Skittish Quarians.

No Caption Provided

Yet The Dark Woman gets one shot by a single Skittish Quarrian.

No Caption Provided

And there is even a quote :)

No Caption Provided

I apologize. I know it is late to do this but I would like to change my character to...

No Caption Provided

Conclusion

Aurra Sing has Force powers that are more combatively useful than The Dark Womans. Aurra Sing is constantly stated as being one of the best and has repeatedly taken on the best. Aurra Sing can engage skittish quarrians.

Your turn.

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...... yeah fated's got this. at least he should given the above...

t4v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: sorry, but the bit where you mentioned Aurra ambushing qui-gon and obi-wan as if that's a good feat kinda made me sigh in sadness.

You neglected to show the bit where she says they were too much for them.

Also the comparison against the blaster wielding Skittish Quarians was the straw that broke the camels back. Any decent debater should be able to easily counter these points...

Still whether Fated does that remains to be seen. Gl!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Good then there is at least some hope

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fated_Xtasy

I am impressed, Bantha, You exceeded my expectations. I am honored to debate with you again, my old friend.

An’ya Kuro: The First Master: Dark Woman.

Lightsaber Mastery

As far as feats go Aurra has constantly engaged some of the best. Her first most notable kill was Sharad Hett, who she bested in one on one combat, which is especially impressive as Sharad Hett would have had the advantage of fighting in on Tatooine, much like A'sharad Hett did when he fought Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Firstly, how would the environment hinder her? If anything.. it kinda helped lol.

Also, she has made the travel to Tatooine on several occasions for Garutta the Hutt and to hunt someone in Bounty Hunters: Aurra Sing. So if anything, she'd also be very familiar with the environment.

Seeing as how Aurra left at a young age, and was able to best Masters despite never actually continuing her studies as a Jedi, it’s very impressive that due to An’ya’s teaching she’s able to hold her own against, and best Jedi of all levels.The quote may work for A’sharad, Ki-adi, and Aurra, but it’s clear to see that it was The Dark Woman’s teachings and focus on blade combat, that allowed A’sharad and Ki-Adi to develop themselves further as great masters, and allowed Aurra to survive battles with the best the jedi had to offer.

As for the battle with Sharad, a swordsman that could only be beaten by Ki-Adi. I want you to know that Ki-Adi “reveres” the Dark Woman as a Master, and “was” trained by her. One of the reasons Ki-Adi was the only one to be able to defeat Sharad, was because unlike the entirety of the Order, Ki-Adi had no prior relationship to the Jedi Master, and though it would be logical to send the very Jedi that trained(i.e Eeth Koth) Yoda, and Koth felt that they would not be able to bring Sharad down because of their ties to him. I find it somewhat odd you would occult this from the voters, but I suppose it was a mistake.

Here ya go.

With that said; An’ya is still very much so capable of beating Sharad Hett, regardless of these facts.

Time for Jinn/Kenobi

She has engaged the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn duo after completing an assassination, and was able to put them both on their asses before taking her leave.

That scan is ripped from context, while it is impressive that she fought Obi-Wan and Jinn, she herself firmly believed she couldn't best Jinn and Kenobi. While Old Ben may have stated that he "thought" she had them, we must still note that Aurra herself stated she could not best them and that her admitting inferiority gives a picture of what she made of her abilities in comparison to theirs.

While it is all well and good that she bested Sharad Hett, lost/stalemated to Jinn and Kenobi, was stalemated by Jax Pavan, dueled Jacen Solo, ect. I felt the former two needed no long-winded counters. However now i will counter the arguments made for Aurra's most impressive foes.

It should also be noted that Jax Pavan was able to fight Darth Vader in lightsaber combat and performed admirably.

Firstly: Jax did-by no stretch of the imagination-duel Vader for anything longer than a few minutes. After he was overpowered by Vader in his last engagement. Jax was no match for Vader in swordplay and opted instead to run away from him in a last ditch effort to distract him from his allies. This being despite the fact that he had gained a considerable power boost from the Holocron on Dathomir and his own powers of time manipulation

“I’m surprised at you, Pavan. Surprised you’d sully yourself with such knowledge from the dark side. What could have driven you to that, I wonder? The death of your Paladin?”

Jax tried to keep from reacting to the taunt, but it was beyond him. Fine. Let Vader imagine he was a quivering wreck. Maybe he was exactly that.

And maybe not.

“You don’t need to die, you know,” said the dark, velvety voice.

Jax found his own voice. “No?”

“No. In fact, it would be … unfortunate … for you to die with all that knowledge in your mind.”

“And you’re going to offer me a deal, right … Anakin?”

The grip on Jax’s throat tightened. The coldness of interstellar space invaded his core. If he could see Vader’s face—Anakin’s face—what would it reveal? Anger? Hurt? Torment?

“Let me make this clear,” Vader said. “Anakin Skywalker is dead. Burned to a cinder and blown away by the winds of betrayal.”

Jax dared to laugh. It sounded thin and wheezing. “Betrayed? You? No. You were the betrayer. You betrayed the Jedi Order. You betrayed us all. You betrayed yourself.”

The grip tightened more now. Jax gasped, the bay area growing dark. Vader’s tone remained amused, but with an edge to it. “Do you suppose your opinion of me matters?”

“Hardly.”

The Dark Lord relaxed his hold a tiny bit and activated his lightsaber. The vivid red of the blade slashed across Jax’s gaze. The Sith drew closer to his captive. Closer still, until Jax could see his own pale face as a warped reflection in the curved obsidian surface of Vader’s mask.

“I sense that you already dance at the edges of the shadows, Pavan. Come into them fully, share this knowledge with me, and you can live. Your cause is lost in any case. You might as well salvage something.”

“And Yimmon?”

“I have you, now. What do I need with him?”

“You won’t torture him anymore? You won’t kill him?”

“Is it so important to you at this moment?”

“If you want what’s in my head, it will be important to you, too.”

The Dark Lord hesitated. “Where is he?”

Jax flicked a glance at the lift doors to his extreme right. The doors parted, revealing Thi Xon Yimmon and Den Dhur. Yimmon leaned against the wall of the lift; Den, looking horror-struck, supported him.

The unexpected sight was enough to break Vader’s concentration. The blast of Force energy that Jax then unleashed sent the Dark Lord staggering back, one, two, three steps.

Not much. But enough.

Jax dropped prone, his body hovering horizontally six centimeters above the floor. He coiled and hurled himself past Vader, accelerating through the open portal of the docking bay.

Vader recovered swiftly and strode through the doors, his robes billowing about him in an inky cloud.

“You’ve progressed, Pavan. I hadn’t imagined you could wield such knowledge so well. It won’t do you any good, of course. I can see through you. I always could see through you.”

Jax came lightly to his feet and turned to face the Sith Lord. Lightsaber poised and activated, he continued to move backward deeper into the bay, keeping one eye out for Imperial troops. He saw none—only a handful of terrified crew huddled in a far corner.

“I’m that transparent, am I?” he asked Vader.

“Perhaps not, but your illusions are. You neglected to give them life signs.” The Dark Lord swept a hand back at “Yimmon” and “Den”—still standing in the open turbolift—as if to dismiss Jax’s careful mirage. They blurred about the edges, but did not evaporate. That Vader had expected them to do so was evident only in the slightest halting of his step, the sudden tilt of his helmeted head,

the twitch of his gloved fingers.

Jax quashed the bubble of elation that bloomed in his heart at having thwarted the Dark Lord’s expectations. He held the projections long enough to make the point that he could, then dropped them. The images of the Sullustan and the Cerean vanished like smoke.

“Proud of yourself?” Vader asked. “Perhaps you’re entitled. You’ve exceeded my expectations, I’ll allow. But … how interesting—the projections of your comrades are gone, yet I can still feel the texture of an illusion … somewhere …”

The helm tilted upward as if the Dark Lord was scenting the air, and Jax realized his mistake. Having touched and felt of Jax’s projections, Vader could now recognize them. And there was a pyronium-powered projection buried in a far corner of this bay.

“What is it?” Vader asked Jax, moving slowly, inexorably closer. He was mere meters away. “What are you hiding, Jedi? What have you concealed in here? More to the point—how are you concealing it?”

Jax hesitated. He had hoped he could foil Darth Vader with a combination of thrust, parry, and projection, but that now seemed naïve. Now Vader stood a good chance of having not just the Jedi ship, but the pyronium, as well.

Ironic. Anakin Skywalker had been the one to give Jax the pyronium in the first place. For safekeeping, he’d said. That had been before—before he had become this towering pillar of darkness, this … thing. What might such a conscienceless creature do with that inexhaustible power source now?

The black helmet canted toward the corner of the bay where the Jedi starfighter sat, half concealed by the vessel that had entered the bay before it.

“Ah! The pyronium, of course. That’s how you’re doing it. That’s how you’re powering all your projections. Stupid of you, Pavan, to carry it with you.”

“Oh, but I’m not.”

Jax Force-grabbed the first thing he could find—a discarded length of shielding from a nearby shuttle under repair—and flung it at the Dark Lord. When Vader whirled out of its way, Jax followed it by wrenching the entire shuttle off its repair struts and tumbling it onto the Sith.

Without stopping to see the results of his efforts, Jax darted to his left, away from the telltale signature of the projection around the Delta-7. He was cut off from the lift core by his own hand, but he knew that there were, in every docking bay, hatches in the deck used to lower large pieces of machinery and cargo from one level to another. If he could just find one …

He heard the shriek of metal on metal behind him as Vader dealt with the shuttle. He spent no more of his precious Force sense on that, instead probing ahead as he ran.

There! There was a hatch, five meters ahead—but closed.

Not for long. Using the Force, Jax ripped the thick durasteel grating up and flung it back on its groaning hinges. Then he leapt, throwing himself into the open maw. He landed lightly, one level down, on the bow of a docked shuttle, then turned a quick somersault and vaulted to the deck.

What would Vader do?

If he believed the pyronium was in Jax’s possession, he’d pursue Jax. Then the starfighter and the pyronium would be safe … for the time being. If he believed the pyronium must be aboard the vessel, if he failed to give chase, Jax could cause the nameless ship to self-destruct and maybe—a slim maybe—he could catch Vader in the blast.

Jax knew, now, what the endgame would have to be. He told himself he’d know when the moment arrived for him to give up fighting for his life.

The lower bay was laid out just like the one above it, with a portal that gave onto a liftcore. Jax headed for that, chose a lift at random, and took it up two levels. He would head back toward the civilian sector of the station, hope that Den and Sacha had disobeyed after all, and waited for him.

As Den had waited, once before, in the corridor of the Far Ranger …

Off the lift, Jax headed to his left—west, in the geography of Kantaros Station. He’d have to work his way back down a number of levels once he’d gotten farther from Vader, but for now he just wanted distance.

He dashed past crewmates, stormtroopers, and officers, knowing they saw him as one of their own—an anonymous grease monkey hurrying about his assigned tasks. He hesitated when a trio of Inquisitors stepped out of a lift ahead, then

dodged left and found himself in a galley.

It was a long, gleaming room, redolent with cooking smells and furnished with durasteel tables and equipment. The droids that staffed it were busily preparing meals for the crew. They paid him no heed.

He was halfway across the galley when the far door into the canteen swept back and Darth Vader appeared, his lightsaber vibrating the air around him. The droids ignored him, too.

“The problem with those projections, Pavan, is that I now know their scent. You left a trail a blind bantha could follow.”

From the corner of his eye, Jax saw ranks of pots, pans, and metal utensils hanging above a center prep area. Beneath them were stacks of meal trays. Realizing the only escape was behind him, Jax coiled the Force in his hands and swept every pot, pan, utensil, and tray at Vader in a hail of metal.

Not done, Jax scooted back the way he’d come, using the Force to turn the droids in the galley to his own uses. He turned them on Darth Vader, with their knives and choppingblades, pestles and cook pots. There were a good half dozen of them, now intent on the Sith.

Jax had no doubt that the Dark Lord, with his mastery of the Force, could repel the attack, but it gave him time to flee. This time he didn’t use a projection. And this time, he was spotted by the enemy. A handful of stormtroopers led by a corpulent lieutenant turned to give chase.

That decided his course of action. He headed back toward the docking bays, hoping Vader might believe he had gone the opposite way.

It was a forlorn hope. He heard the uproar as the Dark Lord entered the corridor outside the galley, felt the disturbance among the Imperials at the sight of him, heard his voice of command as he made it clear that this Jedi was his to dispose of.

“Leave him to me!”

Leave him to me.

Was it that inevitable?

Fine—endgame, then.

Lightsaber activated, Jax raced back to the docking bay in which the Delta-7 sat hidden. He entered the huge chamber and turned as Darth Vader came through the portal behind him.

“Your last chance, Pavan. Come willingly and live. Resist, and die. It makes no difference to me.”

That was a lie and Jax knew it. It did make a difference to Darth Vader, because it made a difference to Anakin Skywalker. Jax understood, at last, that if he capitulated, he would vindicate Anakin in his fall to the dark side. If he resisted to the last and died, there could be no vindication. The Jedi Order—the thing that Vader lived to crush—would be gone, true enough. But Jax knew that merely killing it would not be enough for Darth Vader. No, the last Jedi had to do more than just die.

He had to be broken.

If not—if he made Vader end him—the Dark Lord’s thirst for vengeance would remain unslaked, and there would be no one left for him to avenge himself upon. Even if there were other Jedi still alive—it was a big galaxy, after all—the man who had been Anakin Skywalker could search for a lifetime—a thousand lifetimes—and never find them.

He would be without purpose.

Like you were?

Something deep within Jax Pavan resonated with that. Didn’t he also seek revenge for Laranth’s death? Yes, of course—he’d come to rescue Yimmon, but hadn’t he ultimately wanted this?

He met Vader’s opaque gaze, stared into the gleaming black lenses. If he died, would that put an end to Vader’s purpose? If Vader died, would that put an end to Jax’s?

There was no time to answer the question. The Dark Lord was coming at him with long strides.

“Choose, Jedi!”

Jax chose. He flung himself at the Sith, lightsaber cutting the machine-scented air of the docking bay. Vader parried and the blades locked, slid apart, arced, and locked again. The air sizzled with their power.

Again, again. Thrust, parry, fade. Thrust, parry, fade.

Jax worked his way slowly, inexorably back toward the Aethersprite’s berth. He was careful not to seem as if he’d given up the fight. If Vader realized he was being lured, there was no telling how he’d react.

So Jax fought. Quite as if he expected to win.

He pelted his adversary with small objects—anything that wasn’t bolted down, and a few things that were. Vader parried them with his lightsaber, slicing everything that came at him into shards of slag. He answered by treating Jax to the same rain of metal.

Crew scrambled to get out of the

way; but, prisoners of curiosity, most of them continued to watch from the far sidelines.

And that gave Vader the advantage he sought.

With a flick of his free hand, the Dark Lord Force-lifted one of the deckhands off his feetand hurled him at Jax.

Jax froze for a split second, his weapon raised, then twisted out of the way of the screaming crewman. Anakin knew him too well—knew what he would and would not do.

Maybe.

With a supreme effort of will, the Jedi felt the local time currents around him, stirred them to eddies, then dropped and rolled beneath the fuselage of a small shuttle that lay between him and the Aethersprite.

Vader’s next barrage of ordnance was aimed at where Jax had been, not where he had gone.

Jax shot to his feet and pelted toward the Jedi starfighter where it lay tucked behind its Imperial look-alike. He was panting with the effort now, drained by the effort it took to harness so much energy.

The deafening groan of metal from behind him caused Jax to turn. The small vessel he’d just rolled beneath was ripped from her moorings and flung aside as if she were a bit of stray debris. Darth Vader came at him out of her wake, his Sith weapon shedding lurid light.

“You amaze me, Pavan. The things you have absorbed from that dark well of knowledge, the ease with which you use them. You are truly wasted on the light side. Your continued existence and what you have done to ensure it confirm this.”

The observation cut deep, but Jax would not let Vader see him bleed. “What I’ve done, I did to free Yimmon. Having done that, I’ve served my purpose.”

He was close enough to the Delta-7 now that he could feel the energies of the pyronium-fed projection as a humming tremor in the Force around him. He was certain Vader must feel it, too.

“Served your purpose?” the Sith echoed. He made an elegant gesture with gloved hands, the lightsaber describing a graceful arc in the air. “Then surrender.”

“I’ll die before I let you have what’s in my head, Anakin.”

Vader was completely still for a moment, then raised his lightsaber for an attack. “As you wish … Jax.”

As Vader swept toward him, Jax reached back and felt of the connection between the pyronium and the ship. A simple command—a simple trigger—was all it would take to end this.

He was startled by the sudden flash of light that exploded along the hull of the starfighter’s nearest neighbor. It was as if someone had opened a door between the two ships, letting sunlight pour through.

—Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I’d also like for everyone voting to consider, the fact, that Vader was not at his prime in this moment, and in fact he is implied to have grown more powerful after dealing with Ferus Olin due to using a Holocron.

While surviving a duel is impressive, it hardly compares to Ferus Olin’s first fight with Vader, let alone An’ya’s fight with the Dark Lord of The Sith. Also, seeing as Jax dueled Vader after the engagement with Aurra, and after learning the powers of time manipulation thus gaining a substantial power boost, this feat of dueling Lord Vader doesn’t necessarily apply to the iteration of Jax that Aurra Sing dueled.

Now for Jacen Solo.

Probably her most notable feat is against Jacen Solo. Aurra Sing was capable of disarming him despite being Force Pushed away.

While it is incredibly impressive that she dueled Caedus and survived, let us not ignore facts;Jacen wasn’t in a position to unleash his full Dark Side fury, while that may not have hampered him entirely, it did limit the abilities he could use while simultaneously sheltering his daughter from the Dark Side, this may not have completely hampered his basic skills, but it is something to be considered.Secondly, Jacen is yet to reach his full prime, although it is impressive Aurra held out against the Sith Lord, he wasn’t at his peak at the time, and despite that it’s pretty evident Jacen was winning the engagement, and would have had Aurra not brought forth her knives.

Now. An’ya’s students becoming masterful swordsman is a testament to her abilities, while the feats of her apprentice’s are theirs and not hers, it’s pretty easy to see that Dark Woman is Ki-Adi, Asharad’s(Not the Krayt Version, i speak of the Jedi Master iteration) and Aurra’s superior due to her duel with Lord Vader, and she should very easily be able to replicate their feats with varying levels of success.

Here’s why.

Lord Vader believes that Mara Jade(a Woman who draws on the Very power of the Emperor) could not defeat An’ya, and further states that “Only the true power of the Dark Side” could destroy Dark Woman. This accolades establishes Dark Woman as a universal threat(By which i mean Vader considers her skills, lightsaber abilities, force abilities and such a - threat) so much so that he himself feels that he must hunt her down personally.(A feeling that Emperor Palpatine agrees with)

Physical Prowess.

In this next scan I will post, you'll see An'ya reacting very quickly to Vader's speed, and she manages not to buckle under Vader's monstrous strength. Something only a handful of people are able to do(A handful that does not include, Aurra Sing, mind you.)

Read from Right to Left.

Indeed, Vader strength prior to facing An’ya has been shown to be amazing. He’s crushed pillars via his strength whilst injured, ripped off a door through sheer strength, and destroyed a crystalline pillar with his impressive strength.(All of which come from Zapan's fantastic Vader RT)

What’s more, the fact that An’ya was able to anticipate the dark lord’s attack, meet his speed and out maneuver(albeit through an ambush) him puts the Dark Woman several notches above Aurra.

Here you go:(Couldn't get the image to show for you guys without it messing with my format, sorry!)

Unlike An'ya impressively out pacing, and meeting Vader's speed, Aurra was being out-paced, not - by any stretch of the imagination - meeting his speed, and displaying ​inferior​ fighting ability with him; Keep in mind, she was being outpaced by someone was not even trying to kill her, where Vader actually attempting to kill her like he was with Kuro.... Need i finish the thought?

Well how about i direct everyone to Aurra's fight with Vader?

"So it's respect you want, is it?" He took a step forward and she tensed, both hands clenching slowly. "I thought it was only a sum of credits. Money is easily given, Sing. It is nothing more than chaff. Respect-respect cannot be given. It must be earned." She came straight at him.

It took only a few steps. A little of the Force perfectly in tune with bands of lithe muscle. In a second one out-thrust fist would be in his face and she would see what that composite armor was made of. She knew of no one who had ever seen what lay beneath that mask. She intended to be the first.

Her fist never made contact. Raising his right hand and bringing it around in a swift arc, Vader blocked the blow and sent the body behind it flying across the room. As she flew, a startled but still wholly self-aware Sing tucked and rolled. She hit the opposite wall hard, bounced off, landed on her feet, and immediately came at him again.

"The reflexes of an animal," Vader murmured. His lightsaber hung at his waist. He ignored it, his fingers going nowhere near the weapon. "That's what the Empire needs: a few more well-trained, domesticated animals."

"Domesticated? I'll show you who's domesticated!" She leapt high, kicking out, and in midthrust somehow bent sideways to kick harder with her other leg.

In a movement preternaturally fast, but which somehow looked almost languid, Vader ducked, reached up, and with one gloved hand lightly tapped her in the middle of her back. A serious thrust catching her in that position could have broken her spine. The Dark Lord's touch was more of a caress. He was letting her know what he could have done.

Landing in a crouch, a feral expression on her face, she raced at him again, low this time. Her speed was startling: a droid would have been hard-pressed to match her acceleration. She dropped low to the floor and swung her right leg around in a powerful circle sweep. Her intent was to take his legs out from under him.

She might as well have been trying to cut down a bronzewood tree. At the last instant the Dark Lord thrust both hands downward toward the spinning bounty hunter. A profound surge in the Force rippled through the room. Guards posted at a distance in the hallway nearby were nearly knocked off their feet by it. But the strength of the emanation had not been directed at them.

Casually, as if inspecting a new exhibit that had been donated to the Imperial Museum, Vader walked around the now motionless figure on the floor. Aurra Sing lay on her back, unable to move. It was as if a giant weight pressed her down. Seething in impotent rage, she watched the Dark Lord pass through her field of vision and beyond.

She felt, rather than saw, him make a negligent gesture, and she could move again. Sing reached up with one hand to clutch at her throat. Momentarily stilled, the fury that had boiled up within her began to return. She rose to her feet.

Without even looking in her direction, Vader waved diffidently at his visitor. "Enough, assassin. You repeat the fatal error of one who knows but a tiny bit of the dark side."

Holding herself back with an effort, she stood panting and glaring at him. "And what might that be?"

"You don't know how to control it. You let it control you. This is the difference between mentor and student. You make good use of what access you do have to the Force, but I fear you will never master it."

She still held her hands up in a defensive posture. "If you're going to kill me, stop talking and do it."

"Kill you?" For the first time, Vader sounded surprised. "Why would I want to kill you? Imperfect as you are, you are still more useful than the vast number of incompetents I deal with on a daily basis. You show courage, skill, determination. Those are not qualities to be wasted, even in one so foolishly head-strong. Why would I kill that which can be helpful to me?"

He adjusted something on the front of his chest, and his voice grew slightly less harsh. "Now then: what progress in your search for the Jedi Jax Pavan?"

Sing's breathing slowed. Unclenching, her hands dropped to her sides. Relaxing thus left her defenseless, but against Vader it did not seem to matter whether one prepared for battle or not. The outcome was foretold, and she did not need access to the Force to see that.
—Star Wars: Coruscant Nights II.

It's evident that, in the excerpt i highlighted, that Vader would have utterly destroyed Aurra, and she knew it. This is a big contrast to Vader actually attempting to kill An'ya.

I’d also like to direct your attention to An’ya completely eviscerating several large stone that Vader hurled at her.

No Caption Provided

Which just adds to her already impressive ability and speed, seeing as the artwork displays the stones being hurled at high velocities.(NGL, I just added this here because she looks like legolas here)

On to the minor parts of the the physical arguments(No, no, no shade.)

Pretty much Aurra is physically younger, just as fast, more physically strong, has better stamina, and has a kick ass cybernetic to boot. There isn't much of a competition where physicals is concerned.

1 - The Bio-Orm antena has no advantage here, Dark Woman doesn't fear Aurra so no amp(?) for Aurra. Like-wise, the Antenna(depending on which iteration of Aurra you wanna use) wouldn't have any information on the Dark Woman's powers because not even the kriffing Jedi have any information on her powers. Every Jedi - council member and otherwise - knows very little about An'ya and her abilities, she's considered a recluse even amongst them. So this little "advantage" of yours is invalid against someone as reclusive and as unknown as An'ya.

2 - Her being younger has zero to do with her ability. I point to Sidious absolutely demolishing Savage Opress and Maul, to Yoda humbling Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon and Depa, to Count Dooku demolishing Ventress/GG in OCW. Going by this logic is foolhardy, age means little to Force Users, and as evident it seems age wasn't as terrible to An'ya if she was able to give Vader a good fight.

Force Powers.

Overall Aurra is a very effective Force Wielder. But why is she a better Force Wielder than The Dark Woman? Well that is because of her Force powers actually play a role in combat where as The Dark Woman, while possessing a nice array of unique and arcane powers, only has utility powers at her disposal.

She can teleport, that's nice but it cannot be used for direct attack.

She can phase through objects but has never done this against an opposing Force wielder.

She has mastered Force healing, but can only apply this power out of combat, and again it's not offensive.

An’ya abilities are limited, I agree, however since reading the Extinction comic, I didn’t feel the need to even use Plant Manipulation since it wasn’t that of a prominent thing in the comic, at least not like Shaak’s use of it against Galen in the Graphic novel. So i figured an open area would be better suited. That said, to do that to someone with the spatial awareness and ability to control the environment that Vader has is very impressive, regardless if it was negligible.

Now, Aurra may be able to TK her Master, but it wouldn’t be as damaging as distracting someone with a barrage of rocks then stabbing them(Sharad), nor would be as painful as being thrown into a large computer because there’s nothing around to give Aurra an advantage.

Why? you so ask; well, Aurra's TK is impressive, no one doubt this. but what damage could it do against An'ya? Perhaps it may give Aurra breathing room, yes. But it doesn't compare to the superior TK prowess of Vader, after all we can clearly see that Vader is leagues above Aurra even while holding bacl

She can manipulate plants which IS an offensive power but the battle ground is over a freaking volcano. This is especially funny because I let you pick the battle ground and said that im cool with plants being around as long as its not an excessive amount, and you chose this place. Way to limit your own character, bro :P

Aurra has no tricks to pull from her surroundings that would gain her the wins, it's a completely open area with nothing available for Sing to grab and throw at Kuro. If anything, Force Phase gives An’ya the ability to phase through walls of one the buildings and actually heal should the need arise. I’d also like to state that An’ya was able to disappear and shroud herself from Vader’s senses, which is undoubtedly a great feat, as Vader has incredible sense feats and awareness.

Now, seeing as how Aayla Secura was able to do it and completely fooled Aurra, the Dark Woman will have no problem doing it to her student, and, as i stated above, she can use this time to heal or egg her former student.

So i did not “limit” my character, the ability was not used to such a great extent that I felt it was negligible, tbh.

In closing, at the end of the day, this all boils down to which of these two warriors are the superior duelists, and it’s quite evident that An’ya Kuro surpasses her apprentice by a great amount in a Lightsaber fight. An'ya is simply a better duelist, she has the advantage of knowing her apprentice's style quite well, of knowing her tactics, of her abilities and of her painful past, this gives An'ya a tremendous advantage against the vulnerable Aurra Sing.

I cannot wait to see your response, Bantha. it's you're move.

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote goes to @darthant66. He's simply made the best post in the thread.

Aurbere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aurbere

@banthabot@fated_xtasy

Good start so far, guys. Keep on trucking along. Looking forward to more development on these arguments!

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66:

I cast a second vote for @darthant66 to further reaffirm his position of superiority over the two participants of this CaV.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for @revantheknowledegecarrier, because of his amazing arguments in favour of whoever the hell he's backing in this.

Just amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fated_xtasy:

No Caption Provided

Sabers

Firstly, how would the environment hinder her? If anything.. it kinda helped lol.

Also, she has made the travel to Tatooine on several occasions for Garutta the Hutt and to hunt someone in Bounty Hunters: Aurra Sing. So if anything, she'd also be very familiar with the environment.

It is stated in Kenobis battle with A'sharad Hett that he was at a disadvantage because Hett was more experienced at fighting in sand. It makes sense that this advantage would also apply to Sharad Hett.

It was fortunate for Ben that he had continued his Jedi exercises on Tatooine, that he had not allowed his reflexes to become dull. He did not think about how long it had been since he had last used his lightsaber in combat. Nor did consider that he was older than Hett by at least a decade, or Hett's considerable skills with his own weapons, and that the Tusken was far more experienced at fighting in the desert. Ben knew that any such thoughts would probably only get him killed.

—Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi

Also, she has made the travel to Tatooine on several occasions for Garutta the Hutt and to hunt someone in Bounty Hunters: Aurra Sing. So if anything, she'd also be very familiar with the environment

Obi-Wan Kenobi himself would have been even more familiar with fighting in the sand than Aurra Sing as he lived on Tatooine for 1-2 years before his fight with A'sharad Hett. While Aurra Sing traveled to Tatooine several times this would not be the equivalent as living on the planet for an extended duration of time.

Seeing as how Aurra left at a young age, and was able to best Masters despite never actually continuing her studies as a Jedi, it’s very impressive that due to An’ya’s teaching she’s able to hold her own against, and best Jedi of all levels.The quote may work for A’sharad, Ki-adi, and Aurra, but it’s clear to see that it was The Dark Woman’s teachings and focus on blade combat, that allowed A’sharad and Ki-Adi to develop themselves further as great masters, and allowed Aurra to survive battles with the best the jedi had to offer.

All this means is that An'ya Kuro is a great lightsaber instructor and teacher. The accomplishments of her students doesn't have anything to do with An'ya Kuro's own level of ability, it only speaks to her level of ability in the area of teaching.

As for the battle with Sharad, a swordsman that could only be beaten by Ki-Adi. I want you to know that Ki-Adi “reveres” the Dark Woman as a Master, and “was” trained by her. One of the reasons Ki-Adi was the only one to be able to defeat Sharad, was because unlike the entirety of the Order, Ki-Adi had no prior relationship to the Jedi Master, and though it would be logical to send the very Jedi that trained(i.e Eeth Koth) Yoda, and Koth felt that they would not be able to bring Sharad down because of their ties to him. I find it somewhat odd you would occult this from the voters, but I suppose it was a mistake.

Your right I shouldn't "occult" things from the voters. ^ Most of what you said up here is true, but here's the thing, your trying to spin it in a way that it makes Sharad less impressive even though it makes him more impressive. Lets talk about Sharad for a bit.

Sharad Hett was the padawan to Eeth Koth during the time leading up to The Phantom Menace. Due to his acts of daring and accomplishments he was considered a legend amongst the Jedi. This indicates a high level of skill

No Caption Provided

In fact he received so much praise from his fellow Jedi that it began to overwhelm him and lure him to the Dark Side. As you can see he is held in very high regard by the Jedi Order.

No Caption Provided

Sharad Hett was so famous and legendary that no Jedi born within the last 30 years wouldn't instantly recognize the design of his lightsaber. This doesn't exactly speak to his level of skill but it does show you just how famous he actually was and does reinforce the hype he receives as a combatant.

No Caption Provided

So why exactly did they choose Ki-adi Mundi to hunt down Sharad Hett? He wasn't their first choice, Eeth Koth was their first choice but the council feared that Eeth Koth might hold back against Sharad Hett if he needed to kill him.

No Caption Provided

It is also implied that for this same reason the rest of the Jedi Council was not suited to hunt Sharad Hett down and only Ki-Adi Mundi, a jedi with no emotional attachment to Sharad Hett could be trusted to put him down if it were required. Because only Ki-Adi Mundi could be trusted not to hold back against Sharad Hett.

No Caption Provided

Also note how they didn't even consider sending someone other than a member of the Jedi High Council to go on this mission.

The entire Jedi council believes that none of them are fit to put Sharad Hett down because any one of them might hold back against him. Instead they believe that only an all out Ki-Adi Mundi possesses the skill required to kill Sharad...but that's not all when Ki-Adi Mundi brings up Qui Gon Jinn in a conversation with Sharad, the tuskan states that he is surprised the Council didn't send Jinn in Mundi's stead. (they couldn't because Jinn was dead at this point.)

No Caption Provided

This last one is a bit of an assumption, I will admit, but I think its worth being stated. Eeth Koth and the Jedi Council will not fight Sharad Hett because any one of them will hold back due to their emotional attachment to Sharad Hett, instead only Ki-Adi Mundi can be trusted to go all out and kill Sharad Hett. Furthermore only Jedi Council Masters were even considered to be sent on this mission, indicating that it would take a Jedi of Council Master level skill to challenge Sharad Hett. So Sharad Hett seems to be hyped up as a skilled combatant...

But why exactly did they send Ki-Adi Mundi after Sharad Hett in the first place? Because the Jedi Council is actually worried that if Sharad Hett fell to the Dark Side that the Sith could use him against the Jedi, and they even state that he would be a powerful weapon for the Sith.

No Caption Provided

Or if Sharad Hett is still a Jedi they want him on their side in order to fight the Sith, and state that his skill is needed to battle the Sith.

No Caption Provided

This is a guy who became a legend because of his dedication and acts of daring, who was being lured to the dark side because of all the praise he was getting from his fellow Jedi, who the Jedi Council will only send a Council Master that they can expect to go all out against him, who they are worried if he were to become a weapon for the Sith and who they believe his skill is required to battle the Sith.

Damn that's a lot of hype! Now keep in mind that Aurra Sing had an environmental disadvantage in her battle with Sharad Hett. And she still defeats him quickly and even receives praise from Sharad Hett for her skill.

I think my point is made...

Since im not occulting things from the voters I might as well point out that both Sharad Hett and Aurra Sing were injured in their battle with each other.

Sharad Hett had been shot but it was stated that it only clipped him in the shoulder a little.

No Caption Provided

And shortly before the fight Aurra Sing took a two handed gaffi stick to the head.

No Caption Provided

A strike like this has been stated to have the capacity of shattering skulls.

The gaffi stick can be wielded one handed, or double handed, depending on the combat scenario. A double handed blow is difficult to block and can be powerful enough to shatter an opponents skull.

― Fact File 61

Aurra Sing is suffering from a head injury, likely a concussion, and Sharad Hett has a slight shoulder injury. Aurra Sing's injury would seem to be more severe but I am willing to call the injuries equal.

With that said; An’ya is still very much so capable of beating Sharad Hett, regardless of these facts.

Do you truly believe this? Because An'ya Kuro was one of the people that the Jedi Council didn't even consider allowing to go after Sharad Hett...

That scan is ripped from context, while it is impressive that she fought Obi-Wan and Jinn, she herself firmly believed she couldn't best Jinn and Kenobi. While Old Ben may have stated that he "thought" she had them, we must still note that Aurra herself stated she could not best them and that her admitting inferiority gives a picture of what she made of her abilities in comparison to theirs.

Your right. Aurra Sing did run from the engagement stating that she was unable to defeat the duo. But that in no way turns this into a low showing. In fact it is an incredibly high showing as Aurra Sing was able to give this duo a challenge only out done by Darth Maul. Thoughout the fight she was able to casually beat Kenobi in one on one combat. Remember that he is stated as being one of the orders best even at this time.

No Caption Provided

She also stalemated/pushed back Qui-Gon Jinn in one on one combat

No Caption Provided

And after seemingly being put into a vulnerable position she was able to reverse this by out maneuvering the duo displaying an insanely high level of speed and skill.

No Caption Provided

And to further prove that this is in fact an incredibly high showing, at the point where she ran away it is stated that she had them on the ropes.

No Caption Provided

Han Solo has no knowledge of the battle aside from what Ben told him, meaning that Ben must have told him that Aurra had them on the ropes. But okay, this scan is held back by Obi-Wan stating that he thinks Aurra thought the duo was too strong. I understand your skepticism.

It was stated in the complete Star Wars Encyclopedia that Aurra Sing nearly took their lives in this battle.

No Caption Provided

So yes Aurra Sing ran away stating that she couldn't defeat the Jinn/Kenobi duo but she also put them on the ropes and nearly took their lives. This is a performance just barely below that of TPM Darth Maul...

No Caption Provided

Oh yea. This fight and her fight with Sharad Hett are both before Aurra Sings prime...

Here is the full fight...

Firstly: Jax did-by no stretch of the imagination-duel Vader for anything longer than a few minutes. After he was overpowered by Vader in his last engagement. Jax was no match for Vader in swordplay and opted instead to run away from him in a last ditch effort to distract him from his allies.

Make no mistake. Jax Pavan was being pushed back by Vader but his performance against Vader in lightsaber combat is highly impressive as he fought the Sith head on. Also you should note that he was willingly giving ground and was attempting to lure Darth Vader into a death trap. All of this is much more impressive than An'ya Kuro's battle with Vader as she couldn't meat Vader head on without being nearly instantly over powered.

This being despite the fact that he had gained a considerable power boost from the Holocron on Dathomir and his own powers of time manipulation

Jax Pavan did gain a significant power boost from the holocron of Darth Ramage. However it is specified exactly what Jax Pavan learned from the holocron and absolutely none of it had to with lightsaber combat or dueling ability. Aside from Force Illusions and Time Maniulation the following is everything he learned from the holocron.

He chose several other points of enlightenment-a treatise on healing, acquired from Jedi long dead, another on the sort of Force cloaking he'd stumbled upon when meditating on the miisai tree, another by an ancient Jedi Master on the nature of the Force,another on Force communications, yet another on something Darth Ramage called "tunneling," which allowed the Force-user to concentrate his focus so tightly that he touched nothing but the target of the focus

— The Last Jedi

His power in the Force increased but his level of martial arts skill would have remained the same. Yet despite this dueling skill not increasing he was able to perform extremely well in a one on one duel with Darth Vader

Jax chose. He flung himself at the Sith, lightsaber cutting the machine-scented air of the docking bay. Vader parried and the blades locked, slid apart, arced, and locked again. The air sizzled with their power.

Again, again. Thrust, parry, fade. Thrust, parry, fade.

Jax worked his way slowly, inexorably back toward the Aethersprite’s berth. He was careful not to seem as if he’d given up the fight. If Vader realized he was being lured, there was no telling how he’d react.

— The Last Jedi

I’d also like for everyone voting to consider, the fact, that Vader was not at his prime in this moment, and in fact he is implied to have grown more powerful after dealing with Ferus Olin due to using a Holocron.

Darth Vader wasn't in his prime when he fought An'ya Kuro either. So your point?

While surviving a duel is impressive, it hardly compares to Ferus Olin’s first fight with Vader, let alone An’ya’s fight with the Dark Lord of The Sith. Also, seeing as Jax dueled Vader after the engagement with Aurra, and after learning the powers of time manipulation thus gaining a substantial power boost, this feat of dueling Lord Vader doesn’t necessarily apply to the iteration of Jax that Aurra Sing dueled.

His level of skill would have remained the same, his power in the Force and Force knowledge is all that increased.

While it is incredibly impressive that she dueled Caedus and survived, let us not ignore facts;Jacen wasn’t in a position to unleash his full Dark Side fury, while that may not have hampered him entirely, it did limit the abilities he could use while simultaneously sheltering his daughter from the Dark Side, this may not have completely hampered his basic skills, but it is something to be considered

Ah the infamous Jacen Solo was holding back argument. This one can be countered with common sense. Jacen Solo was fighting to protect his daughter who loved very much, it is completely stupid to think that Jacen Solo would do anything other than go all out on an assassin who is trying to kill his nine year old daughter.

The only instance that we actually see Jacen Solo holding back is when he is about to release Force Lightning and he realizes that his daughter is watching. He is unwilling to bring himself to unleash a power commonly associated with the Dark Side in front of his daughter. But even in that quote we got confirmation that Jacen Solo was not holding back as he is stated to have gathered all of power when he was about to release Force Lightning, making it clear that he wanted nothing more than to utterly eviscerate Aurra Sing.

Jacen did not give her that chance. He opened himself fully to his fear and anger, using the power of his emotions to bring the Force flooding into him, and his body began to crackle and burn with dark energy. He raised his arms in Sing's direction, hands held level and fingers splayed wide.

That was when the door to the refresher hissed open, and a pair of small gray eyes peered out. They were wide open and locked on Jacen with an expression that might have been awe or fear or both.

"No, Allana!" Jacen could not bring himself to release the Force lightning while she was watching; even if Tenet Ka had not yet taught her that the dark side was evil, his own childhood training remained strongly enough ingrained that he did not want his daughter to see him using it.

This holding back of Force Lightning would not translate into him holding back other skills like his martial arts, telepathy, or telekinesis especially since his daughter wasn't watching for the battle for the first half of the duel.

Now in the spirit of not occulting things from the viewer it should be noted that Aurra Sing used a thermol detonator to turn Jacens love of his daughter against him and seize an early advantage. Yet Jacen Solo was unable to rally from this indicating an insanely high level of skill from Aurra Sing and its a feat that An'ya Kuro would be unable to replicate.

Aurra Sing was alone in Jacen's stateroom-and with her Force abilities, it would take her only a second to find his daughter. He stopped a few paces from the door and reached out to the assassin in the Force.

Wait.

Jacen spoke the word with his mind instead of his mouth. At the same time, he was expanding his Force presence into Sing's mind, opening himself fully to the Force and using its power to push himself deeper into her mind, to crush her own presence and force it deep down into the bottom of her being.

"Wait," he repeated.

Sing fought back, trying to push him from her mind, but Jacen had taken her by surprise. He had the power of his anger and his fear and his hatred behind him, and she simply was not strong enough.

Jacen started forward again, then dropped his blaster pistol and retrieved his comlink.

"Double-Ex, open―"

The doors to his stateroom slid open, grating loudly as the damaged area scraped past the jambs. Jacen stepped into the foyer of his suite, where beads of molten dura-steel were still popping and hissing on the stone decking.

To his right, the walls above the galley and dining area were pocked with scorch marks. Allana's Defender Droid lay to his left, a heap of severed limbs and smoking circuits scattered along the edge of a sunken conversation area.

Sing stood with her back to Jacen, about five paces beyond the droid, on the other side of a smoldering couch. In one hand, she held her still-ignited fightsaber. In the other was a class-C thermal detonator with a disintegration radius large enough to kill herself, Jacen, Allana, and probably half the personnel on the decks directly above and below.

As Jacen started toward her, she looked over her shoulder with an expression in her pale eyes that seemed equal parts hatred and awe.

"Don't ever touch me like that again."

Jacen did not reply. Sing was still struggling to free herself of his domination, and all his concentration was focused on keeping the pressure on until he drew close enough to strike.

Sing flashed him a cold smile. "But then, I don't think you'll have the chance."

Her thumb twitched.

The activation light on the thermal detonator began to blink, and that was enough to shatter Jacen's concentration. He felt Sing slip free, and suddenly he was completely outside her mind, watching in horror as she pitched the detonator toward the refresher where Allana was hiding.

Jacen's heart dropped through the bottom of his stomach. His arm shot out without conscious thought, and the detonator floated into his hand almost before he realized he had summoned it.

Sing was already whirling, leaping toward him with her crimson blade coming around at neck height. Jacen brought his lightsaber up automatically and blocked, then pulled the detonator's thumb slide back.

He never saw whether the activation light darkened. Suddenly Sing's knee was sinking into his stomach, driving the breath from his lungs and sending him tumbling over a couch. The detonator clattered to the floor somewhere in the galley. He came down on a beverage table, smashing it apart, then Sing was over him, her crimson blade arcing down.

Jacen whipped his lightsaber around to block, catching her blade about halfway up the shaft and filling the air with a sizzling shower of sparks. Sing grabbed her hilt with both hands and began to push, slowly driving the tip of her lightsaber down toward his eye.

The glow was as blinding as the heat was searing, and Jacen's vision blossomed into a fiery red blur. He brought his free hand up to brace his weapon arm and tried not to worry about whether his eyeball would melt, not daring to turn his head or even look away for fear that he would slip.

Sing kicked him in the side. The tip of a small, wedge-shaped blade scraped against his ribs and sent a blazing bolt of pain shooting into his body.

"Never―" She kicked him again, sending another bolt of pain deep into his stomach. "―violate―"

She kicked again.

"―my―" Another kick, more pain. "―mind!"

Sing kicked again, this time catching him near a kidney A wave of fiery anguish rolled through his body, stealing his breath, so hot he could not even scream. The pain would have paralyzed anyone else, left him on the floor praying to die before he drew his next breath.

But pain was an old friend of Jacen's. He had learned to embrace it during his imprisonment among the Yuuzhan Vong, and now it no longer troubled him. Now it served him.

He turned the palm of his bracing hand toward Sing and pushed with the Force.

The move did not surprise her as much as he had hoped. As she flew away, Sing rolled the tip of her blade over his, and his Lightsaber went flying. He held his Force shove until he heard her thud into the wall opposite, then sprang to his feet.

A fiery blur continued to blind one eye, and his sight in the other was still splashed with crimson blotches. But he could see clearly enough to be worried. Sing had landed near the refresher where Allana was hiding close enough to fulfill her contract, if she was willing to risk Jacen attacking her from behind.

Jacen did not give her that chance. He opened himself fully to his fear and anger, using the power of his emotions to bring the Force flooding into him, and his body began to crackle and burn with dark energy. He raised his arms in Sing's direction, hands held level and fingers splayed wide.

That was when the door to the refresher hissed open, and a pair of small gray eyes peered out. They were wide open and locked on Jacen with an expression that might have been awe or fear or both.

"No, Allana!" Jacen could not bring himself to release the Force lightning while she was watching; even if Tenet Ka had not yet taught her that the dark side was evil, his own childhood training remained strongly enough ingrained that he did not want his daughter to see him using it. "Close the ..."

Jacen had to let the order trail off when Sing took advantage of his hesitation to leap at him. Allana screamed from inside the refresher; then Sing was three paces away, lightsaber coming in for a midbody strike. Jacen lifted one foot as though to pivot away, and Sing took the bait and stopped, dropping one leg back as she continued her swing.

Instead of spinning past as he feinted, Jacen cartwheeled over her blade and came down on the other side. Sing reversed her attack so fast he barely had time to grab her wrist, much less turn her own weapon against her as he had intended.

So Jacen kicked her in the knee as hard as he could.

The joint dislocated with a sickening pop, and Sing collapsed to the floor shrieking. But she did not release her lightsaber. She did not even stop fighting, rolling into him in an effort to break his grasp and slash him open. Jacen started to pivot out of the way, intending to bring her arm around for a clean break behind her back.

But Allana suddenly appeared on the other side of Sing, charging forward with her dark brows lowered and what looked like a small recording rod clutched in her hands.

"Allana, no!"

Allana kept coming.

Determined to keep Sing from striking out at his daughter with any of her weapons, Jacen Force-leapt backward, dragging the assassin away from his daughter. Allana took two more steps and raised the silver rod over her head ... then dived.

Sing raised her uninjured leg, cocking her foot to kick Allana with the stubby knife in the toe of her boot.

Jacen screamed and whipped Sing's arm around, twisting her away from his daughter. Her lightsaber flashed by so close he nearly lost an ear, but the assassin's legs spun around with her body, and the kick-knife flashed past half a meter above Allana's head.

Allana landed on Sing's other leg and jammed the silver rod into her injured knee. The hiss of an autoinjector sounded from its tip, and Sing cried out in astonishment.

"You little shrew!"

Sing drew her leg back again to kick ...then let it drop to the floor. Her eyes widened in anger-or perhaps it was fear. She craned her neck around, staring at Allana, and began to convulse. Jacen quickly pulled Sing's lightsaber from her unresisting hand, then held the still-ignited tip to the assassin's neck.

"Allana, what..."

"She'll be awright, Jacen." Allana sat up and straddled the assassin's leg, no longer afraid if she ever had been. "It was just my safety stick."

"Okay." Jacen was too numb and relieved to ask more- or to chastise Allana for not staying in the refresher. He simply waved her off Sing's legs. "Get off. She could still be dangerous."

"That's not what Doctor Meala says." Despite her protest, Allana climbed off Sing's legs. "She says the bad person won't be dangerous again until someone gives her the antidote."

Allana came to Jacen's side, then squatted and looked into Sing's hate-maddened eyes.

"But don't be scared," she said. "Jedi never kill helpless people even bad ones like you."

Secondly, Jacen is yet to reach his full prime, although it is impressive Aurra held out against the Sith Lord, he wasn’t at his peak at the time, and despite that it’s pretty evident Jacen was winning the engagement, and would have had Aurra not brought forth her knives.

Sure Jacen Solo isn't yet peak Darth Caedus but his fight with Aurra indicates that even at this stage he is in the realm of people like Count Dooku when it comes to skill as he was at sever disadvantage and still was beating a fighter who in the past has nearly taken the lives of the Jinn/Kenobi duo.

Also saying that he would have done better had she not brought forth her knives is akin to saying Mace would have beaten Jango more quickly had he forgot to bring his blasters. The knives are apart of Aurra's arsenal and her making full use of her arsenal is not a strike against her.

Now. An’ya’s students becoming masterful swordsman is a testament to her abilities, while the feats of her apprentice’s are theirs and not hers, it’s pretty easy to see that Dark Woman is Ki-Adi, Asharad’s(Not the Krayt Version, i speak of the Jedi Master iteration) and Aurra’s superior due to her duel with Lord Vader, and she should very easily be able to replicate their feats with varying levels of success.

I kind of half assed my opener because I hadn't read An'ya Kuro's battle with Vader at the time, but I have since and I can tell you that all of An'ya Kuro's students surpassed their master.

Lord Vader believes that Mara Jade(a Woman who draws on the Very power of the Emperor) could not defeat An’ya, and further states that “Only the true power of the Dark Side” could destroy Dark Woman. This accolades establishes Dark Woman as a universal threat(By which i mean Vader considers her skills, lightsaber abilities, force abilities and such a - threat) so much so that he himself feels that he must hunt her down personally.(A feeling that Emperor Palpatine agrees with)

Decent accolade I will give you that but after seeing her battle with Vader they probably could have just sent Mara and An'ya still would have died.

In this next scan I will post, you'll see An'ya reacting very quickly to Vader's speed, and she manages not to buckle under Vader's monstrous strength. Something only a handful of people are able to do(A handful that does not include, Aurra Sing, mind you.)

An'ya Kuro is using a two handed block in order to block a one handed strike from Vader and is showing visible strain while doing so...

No Caption Provided

Not only is An'ya struggling to block a one handed blow from Vader but she is driven to her knees by the attack...

No Caption Provided

Aurra Sing on the other hand has sent A'sharad Hett flying with a kick.

No Caption Provided

Sent Aayla Secura flying with a kick.

And sent Jacen Solo tumbling backwards with a knee.

He never saw whether the activation light darkened. Suddenly Sing's knee was sinking into his stomach, driving the breath from his lungs and sending him tumbling over a couch. The detonator clattered to the floor somewhere in the galley. He came down on a beverage table, smashing it apart, then Sing was over him, her crimson blade arcing down.

All of these feats are far superior strength feats than being driven to your knees by a one handed strike.

Indeed, Vader strength prior to facing An’ya has been shown to be amazing. He’s crushed pillars via his strength whilst injured, ripped off a door through sheer strength, and destroyed a crystalline pillar with his impressive strength.(All of which come from Zapan's fantastic Vader RT)

Yea Darth Vader is physically stronger than Aurra Sing. Good thing that An'ya Kuro can barely block a one handed strike with a two handed block. She isn't displaying anything beyond the capabilities of Aurra Sing.

What’s more, the fact that An’ya was able to anticipate the dark lord’s attack, meet his speed and out maneuver(albeit through an ambush) him puts the Dark Woman several notches above Aurra

All of this is incorrect. An'yas performance against Vader is actually quite pitiful and the only way she accomplished anything was through the use of plant manipulation (a power that you needlessly restricted) and through the use of ambush. Even in these instances Vader is still kicking her ass. When Vader is tangled up in her plants, pinned against the ground and barely able to move, he is still blocking her strikes and even lands a blow and forces An'ya to desperately retreat.

And when An'ya disarms him (something she only accomplished by taking him by surprise) an unarmed Vader casually one handed tosses her aside like she is nothing.

No Caption Provided

At least when Aurra Sing was getting humiliated by an unarmed Darth Vader she was also unarmed, just saying.

The entirety of the fight consists of An'ya just avoiding Vader as best she can, and when she can't avoid Vader she is being driven to her knees with one handed strikes, being punched in the face by a Vader who is pinned against the ground, and one handed tossed aside by an unarmed Vader. Here is the entire fight.

(Couldn't get the image to show for you guys without it messing with my format, sorry!)

What format?

Unlike An'ya impressively out pacing, and meeting Vader's speed, Aurra was being out-paced, not - by any stretch of the imagination - meeting his speed, and displaying ​inferior​ fighting ability with him; Keep in mind, she was being outpaced by someone was not even trying to kill her, where Vader actually attempting to kill her like he was with Kuro.... Need i finish the thought?

The problem with your logic is that Aurra was physically weakened due to her time in prison and was out of practice. On the other hand an armed An'ya Kuro is getting treated the exact same way by Vader that an unarmed Aurra is. A weakened, out of practice, and unarmed Aurra is performing equally to a fully powered and armed An'ya.

It's evident that, in the excerpt i highlighted, that Vader would have utterly destroyed Aurra, and she knew it. This is a big contrast to Vader actually attempting to kill An'ya.

Utterly destroying Aurra kind of like An'ya Kuro was getting utterly destroyed.

Which just adds to her already impressive ability and speed, seeing as the artwork displays the stones being hurled at high velocities.(NGL, I just added this here because she looks like legolas here)

If An'ya Kuro is Legolas then Aurra Sing is the Balrog of Morgath

No Caption Provided

1 - The Bio-Orm antena has no advantage here, Dark Woman doesn't fear Aurra so no amp(?) for Aurra. Like-wise, the Antenna(depending on which iteration of Aurra you wanna use) wouldn't have any information on the Dark Woman's powers because not even the kriffing Jedi have any information on her powers. Every Jedi - council member and otherwise - knows very little about An'ya and her abilities, she's considered a recluse even amongst them. So this little "advantage" of yours is invalid against someone as reclusive and as unknown as An'ya.

If An'ya Kuro fears Aurra is unknown and I never claimed that it had information on her powers. It does provide the advantage of sensing her surroundings. This increased awareness added on to her own Force sense means that An'ya will be unable to catch Aurra off guard as she did to Vader.

2 - Her being younger has zero to do with her ability. I point to Sidious absolutely demolishing Savage Opress and Maul, to Yoda humbling Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon and Depa, to Count Dooku demolishing Ventress/GG in OCW. Going by this logic is foolhardy, age means little to Force Users, and as evident it seems age wasn't as terrible to An'ya if she was able to give Vader a good fight.

Aurra is actually older lmao. But she is physically younger which is what matters. This means she has to call less heavily on the Force to keep fighting and has greater stamina.

Force powers

An’ya abilities are limited, I agree, however since reading the Extinction comic, I didn’t feel the need to even use Plant Manipulation since it wasn’t that of a prominent thing in the comic, at least not like Shaak’s use of it against Galen in the Graphic novel.

So you limited her most useful power because over confidence?

Now, Aurra may be able to TK her Master, but it wouldn’t be as damaging as distracting someone with a barrage of rocks then stabbing them(Sharad),

Why would you be concerned about this happening...

No Caption Provided

When your character has this?

No Caption Provided

nor would be as painful as being thrown into a large computer because there’s nothing around to give Aurra an advantage.

No she won't be smashed into computers and stuff. Instead An'ya will just get blasted off the edge of the arena and into the lava, and with no TK showings to her name An'ya Kuro has no defenses against this.

Why? you so ask; well, Aurra's TK is impressive, no one doubt this. but what damage could it do against An'ya? Perhaps it may give Aurra breathing room, yes. But it doesn't compare to the superior TK prowess of Vader, after all we can clearly see that Vader is leagues above Aurra even while holding bacl

Okay? And what is your point? Vader never used direct TK against An'ya Kuro which means her TK defenses cannot be scaled off of Vader. Aurra's own power is enough to blast An'ya Kuro off the edge of the arena which will kill An'ya because...lava

If anything, Force Phase gives An’ya the ability to phase through walls of one the buildings and actually heal should the need arise.

This would just instigate a stealthing match which would lead to An'ya Kuro's death because she is completely outmatched in this regard.

I’d also like to state that An’ya was able to disappear and shroud herself from Vader’s senses, which is undoubtedly a great feat, as Vader has incredible sense feats and awareness.

Interesting but Aurra completely outclasses her in this area. Jacen Solo was unable to sense Aurra Sing when she was on his own capital ship when Jacen was sensing entire planets in the solar system.

Jacen remained silent, concentrating on what he was feeling through the Force. He could not sense the source of the danger, but the prickle along his spine felt as if it was about to erupt into hives.

"We're too late," Espara continued, as though Jacen were not astute enough to understand what she had said. "The coup must be moving faster than the Queen Mother realized. The usurpers are going into open revolt."

Jacen began to expand his Force-awareness rapidly, but the population of the Relephon Moons were too scattered to glean anything useful. The planet was ringed by at least thirty major population centers and hundreds of smaller concentrations, and none of them felt particularly hostile.

-Legacy of the Force: Tempest

Plus Aurra Sing is the only one here trained in hunting and assassination

Singled out by the Captain for special attention, she was soon being taught martial arts, hunting and ambush skills that - combined with her force abilities - made her a formidable adversary indeed.

—The Official Star Wars Fact File 64

Now, seeing as how Aayla Secura was able to do it and completely fooled Aurra, the Dark Woman will have no problem doing it to her student, and, as i stated above, she can use this time to heal or egg her former student

Im sorry what? Aayla was able to fool Quarra (just some dogs) not Aurra. In fact Aurra was the one fooling with Aayla before their battle.

So i did not “limit” my character, the ability was not used to such a great extent that I felt it was negligible, tbh.

On the other hand plant manipulation is the only way that An'ya Kuro can take rounds.

Pre-conclusion

Before I move onto my conclusion I would like to point out another way that Aurra utterly wrecks An'ya, and that is via blasters. As shown by Coleman Trebor the skill of the shooter matters when it comes to the ability to defend against blaster fire. During the battle of Geanosis he was able to defend against large swarms of droids but as soon as he got pitted a competent shooter...

No Caption Provided

Aura Sing has been shown to be able to pick apart the defenses of Jedi competent at deflecting blaster fire as shown by her defeat of Ahsoka Tano.

Loading Video...

And Ahsoka is very skilled at deflecting blaster fire as she does so almost on a daily basis in the clone wars. An'ya Kuro on the other hand is weak against blaster fire and as soon as Aurra pulls out her blasters An'ya will just get gunned down in an instant. (she has her lightsaber drawn, is looking right at him and even Ki-Adi Mundi is reacting to this guy shooting. There is no reason in hell that An'ya shouldn't have deflected that if she were competent)

No Caption Provided

Conclusion

An'ya Kuro isn't even comparable to Qui-Gon Jinn where as a pre prime Aurra is just below TPM Maul in skill. Aurra has the Force edge and can just blast An'ya off the edge of the arena and Aurra can attack via blasters, something An'ya has been shown to be weak to. The only way An'ya can begin to take rounds against Aurra is via plant manipulation which you limited because of overconfidence. Because of this An'ya is going to loose 10/10 rounds. She is completely outclassed.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Damn Bantha! That was some...

No Caption Provided

I'll be interesting seeing how your opponent bounces back.

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha! A good display.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: My apologies, old friend. I've been busy witha few issues. Gathering stuff and such. My response will come,I assure you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fated_Xtasy

because Hett was more experienced at fighting in sand. It makes sense that this advantage would also apply to Sharad Hett.

It was fortunate for Ben that he had continued his Jedi exercises on Tatooine, that he had not allowed his reflexes to become dull. He did not think about how long it had been since he had last used his lightsaber in combat. Nor did consider that he was older than Hett by at least a decade, or Hett's considerable skills with his own weapons, and that the Tusken was far more experienced at fighting in the desert. Ben knew that any such thoughts would probably only get him killed.

—Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi

So you believe the terrain to the same? Hahahaha. Amusing.

It’s quite evident that not all of Tatooine is the same, Old friend. However it would appear you need a reminder:

In the following scans, Aurra and her opponent are fighting on hard ground, where the footing would be very much neutral for both combatants.

No Caption Provided

However, Kenobi had the misfortune of dueling A’sharad on sand, which is very easy to see.

No Caption Provided

Luring me away from my strong points by pointing out trivialities will do you no good, bantha. I know more about Aurra Sing then you do, I’ve gone through every source and appearance. What can you conceive that I’ve not already thought of?

All this means is that An'ya Kuro is a great lightsaber instructor and teacher. The accomplishments of her students doesn't have anything to do with An'ya Kuro's own level of ability, it only speaks to her level of ability in the area of teaching.

Yes, the accomplishments of her students are not something that should be directly linked to the master. But the quote regarding her students also directly states this was because of her vigerous training. However, despite this you know full well that An’ya is perfectly familiar with Aurra Sing, perhaps you should direct your attention to Anakin VS Kenobi, and just how much the familiarity factored into that fight.

I take the words of Mace Windu, who declares that Depa knowing everything about his style gave her an edge in anticipating him:

Of course she had anticipated him: she knew all there was to know about his style. She'd known exactly what his target had to be, and she hadn't been cutting into the chamber below in order to help activate the transceiver.

—Star Wars Shatterpoint.

This next quote, while different, does also suggest that knowing eachothers style does factor into a battle

Obi-Wan and Anakin have been partnered for so long that they can all but read each other's minds and predict what each other will do.

--ROTS Visual Dictionary

In the Dark Empire II series, Kam Solusar slays Vil Goir with a single cut and states that he knows all of Vil’ls styles

And with this I show you just how much knowledge of your opponent, intimate knowledge, assists in a battle. Now, you should also remember that Aurra’s reputation precedes her, she has gained infamy, and that infamy reached the jedi. An’ya knows very well of the tactics her opponent will use, what's more her over-reliance on uncivilised weaponry and tactics to gain an advantage in combat will not work here, especially against someone who knows her so well.

I must confess, my good friend, I am somewhat confused as to why you scoff at the idea that it was An’ya training that made her Apprentices so skilled, even though it is fact, yet you so baselessly claim that Sharad Hett is afforded the same advantage as his son based on absolutely nothing but assumption. Amusing really.

Time and time again, whenever Aurra’s abilities are mention, An’ya Kuro is mentioned in one form or another. Seldom has there been a time in which Aurra’s abilities are respected because they are her own, it is her training that made her such a skilled duelist. Numerous people note this, and she never denies it.

t is also implied that for this same reason the rest of the Jedi Council was not suited to hunt Sharad Hett down and only Ki-Adi Mundi, a jedi with no emotional attachment to Sharad Hett could be trusted to put him down if it were required. Because only Ki-Adi Mundi could be trusted not to hold back against Sharad Hett.

Also note how they didn't even consider sending someone other than a member of the Jedi High Council to go on this mission.

The entire Jedi council believes that none of them are fit to put Sharad Hett down because any one of them might hold back against him. Instead they believe that only an all out Ki-Adi Mundi possesses the skill required to kill Sharad...but that's not all when Ki-Adi Mundi brings up Qui Gon Jinn in a conversation with Sharad, the tuskan states that he is surprised the Council didn't send Jinn in Mundi's stead. (they couldn't because Jinn was dead at this point.)

Is that all?

This last one is a bit of an assumption, I will admit, but I think its worth being stated. Eeth Koth and the Jedi Council will not fight Sharad Hett because any one of them will hold back due to their emotional attachment to Sharad Hett, instead only Ki-Adi Mundi can be trusted to go all out and kill Sharad Hett. Furthermore only Jedi Council Masters were even considered to be sent on this mission, indicating that it would take a Jedi of Council Master level skill to challenge Sharad Hett. So Sharad Hett seems to be hyped up as a skilled combatant...

What a fallacious argument. You’re twisting the facts; The quotes do not directly state that it takes a “council level master” to beat A’sharad, which is factually wrong.

Your claim that Ki Adi was sent because he was a trusted Council Master is.. For a lack of a better word, unfounded. He was not chosen because he was a council member, that negates the entire reason why he was truly sent. Remember, Ki Adi is among the few jedi to have absolutely no close link to Sharad Hett, hence why he was sent, neither his rank nor his status have anything to do with being sent to fight Sharad.

The idea that a Council member had to be sent to fight Hett is ludicrous , as is the idea that Hett is even remotely close to Councillors. As is made clear in the comic, Ki-Adi was sent due to and only due to his non-existent link to Sharad, nowhere does this twisted theory you are providing ever come into play in the comic. My good friend, if such were the case then can we comfortably and correctly assume that Kenobi would have not been a good option? How about Tholme? Sora Bulq? Soara Antana? Quinlan Vos? Your argument assumes that a Council member is inherently stronger than a non-council member, however time and time again has this been proven wrong.

What's More, Jinn was only very recently killed(as stated by Ki) if Sharad(who as you know, was very much aware of his renown) expected the council to send Jinn(Whom we all know is not a Jedi Council member, yes?) then the baseless idea that a Council member was needed to beat Sharad is effectively rendered moot. Furthermore, You yourself bring up this idea of the Council sending someone other than a Council member, yet, surprisingly you argue that only a council member would beat Sharad Hett. Wouldn’t Sharad’s admittance to the fact that he expected Jinn suggest that Jedi Masters and Knights outside of the Council would beat Sharad?

Once again, there is a great plethora of people outside of the Council that are evidently superior to many of the Council members at the time, and likewise there is a plethora of examples that I could mention that would, quite frankly, take up half of this already long post.

I ask you all this, if Aurra, with the advantage of not being injured(Don’t worry, we’ll get to that), was able to beat Sharad with a cheap tactic, how would An’ya Kuro fare with and without these things? You all know the answer to that.

Is it possible, Bantha, that perhaps An’ya was passed over for not being there for so many years? It is, Old friend. Ki Adi Mundi himself notes that the Council had not heard a word from her in years. It was not until this moment, that she returned! So, my friend, Is it so difficult to believe that perhaps Mundi is not the only one capable of beating Sharad? That your baseless theories are perhaps not as solid as you like to believe they are? Is it, perhaps, possible that your assumptions will remains just that? Assumptions, based on nothing but twisted conclusions and manipulations of context. Come now, old friend, surely this is above you?

Read from Right to Left, Nerds.

But why exactly did they send Ki-Adi Mundi after Sharad Hett in the first place? Because the Jedi Council is actually worried that if Sharad Hett fell to the Dark Side that the Sith could use him against the Jedi, and they even state that he would be a powerful weapon for the Sith

Yes, yes, a great master would make a useful tool to the Sith, indeed. However I confess I fail to see just how useful an injured Jedi Master would be of any service to the Sith. Still, your point?

Or if Sharad Hett is still a Jedi they want him on their side in order to fight the Sith, and state that his skill is needed to battle the Sith

Yes, A Jedi Master would be useful against the Sith, but I ask you once again, what is the point? Are you suggesting Sharad can fight Dooku or Maul? This merely indicates that Sharad would help in battle against a foe the Jedi have no knowledge about up until then. The ROTS novel clearly states the Jedi were prepared for a battle akin to the New Sith Wars, and in fact they themselves admit that they did not expect the Sith to be so powerful, so given the context of this then we can rightfully assume the Jedi and Sharad were prepared to fight fodder.

If you presume to argue that Sharad was wanted by both sides(which, of course, nothing ever remotely states that Sidious wanted him by his side, this was merely an assumption made by the Jedi..) Then that is a moot point, as it certainly does not compare to An’ya’s own hype in Extinction, wherein she’s deemed too dangerous for the empire to simply leave alone, this of course being the same empire who recruited powerful Force wielders who could be swayed into their fray(Examples include; Galen Marek, Kam Solusar, and Ferus Olin-albeit briefly.) and even used powerful Jedi such as Jerec to a great extent. Yet Sidious demanded her death by his most powerful Dark Sider.

Since im not occulting things from the voters I might as well point out that both Sharad Hett and Aurra Sing were injured in their battle with each other.

Sharad Hett had been shot but it was stated that it only clipped him in the shoulder a little.

And shortly before the fight Aurra Sing took a two handed gaffi stick to the head.

A strike like this has been stated to have the capacity of shattering skulls.

The gaffi stick can be wielded one handed, or double handed, depending on the combat scenario. A double handed blow is difficult to block and can be powerful enough to shatter an opponents skull.

― Fact File 61

Aurra Sing is suffering from a head injury, likely a concussion, and Sharad Hett has a slight shoulder injury. Aurra Sing's injury would seem to be more severe but I am willing to call the injuries equal.

Amusing. Interesting diction, Bantha. However, I’m afraid that won’t work. Firstly, you neglect to mention that the quote states that “depending on the combat scenario” we clearly do not know if Aurra suffered any sort of damage from that, and frankly it is very doubtful she did. Given how she is later able to take a boulder to the face and fight A’sharad in later years, I highly doubt a single hit from the gaffi stick will be enough to cause her injury as she is seen having no real issue after the fact. Secondly, Bantha, do you think me so gullible? Did you not think I would bring up the fact that Sharad wasn’t only shot through his shoulder, but also fell directly from a skiff and landed on hard ground? Falling from high ground after being hit with a bolt would compromise one’s ability to fight more than a pathetic head injury you so foolishly claim Aurra received. Furthermore, after the battle we see Aurra drive to the area of battle with no mention of injury or bleeding, given how during this scene she’s talking to the reader you would think the character would acknowledge this supposed injury, yet nothing is mentioned. Thus further reaffirming that she was not injured.

Lastly, we have Sharad Hett who remained fighting throughout the entirety of Aurra’s fight and continues to fight before she even arrives to battle him, given how the battle was trying and Sharad’s injury from the fall and shot, one would almost always come to the conclusion that the one who was in a extremely disadvantageous state was Sharad, not Aurra.

To give everyone some context of how an arm injury can affect a duelist, let’s look at Maul: Lockdown, wherein Darth Maul faces Komari Vosa after taking a blaster bolt to his arm, we must also take into consideration two things. Number 1: The inherent Pain Tolerance that the Zabraks have, and number 2, Maul has some of the best Pain Tolerance feats in the mythos

“Your right arm is slowing you down. Even your weapon is betraying you.” Maul kept coming, relying more and more on his left arm, saving the right for when he’d need it most. But Vosa seemed to anticipate everything he was doing, dropping low and then springing up and outward into an open space along a row of diagnostic machinery in the corner of the medbay. Maul’s lower lip drew back to reveal his teeth. If defeating Vosa was what he needed to do in order to get the weapon in the hands of the Gora, so be it. Gripping the lightsaber’s hilt, he squared his shoulders and swung again, thrusting his blade at her in a series of perfectly angled slashes. Vosa came back at him on the offense, both blades spinning.

“Jar’Kai,” Maul snarled, deflecting her assault on reflex. “Predictable.” He swung the lightsaber down, but at that moment the corridor shook again, jerking sideways, throwing them both off. Vosa recovered first, darting back, again too quick, and the speed with which she evaded his attack only inflamed the rage inside Maul’s mind, stoking his wrath until it crystallized into a kind of malignant grace. Now he gripped the lightsaber in both arms, forcing his damaged right arm into service and gripping the hilt of his saber with his full strength. It was time for Juyo, the Way of the Vornskr— the last of the Seven Forms. He seized upon it eagerly, allowing himself to be swept up in the chaotic frontal assault of thrusts, slashes, and jabs.

“Maul—” A tremor of new fear pulsed across Vosa’s face, disrupting her composure, as if she’d finally recognized the true ferocity of his purpose. Darting backward into a desperate evasive measure, Vosa whirled one of her blades behind her, hacking loose a massive shelf of surgical instruments from its place on the wall, and with a swing of the hand she used a Force push to fire them at him in a glinting storm of steel. Maul ducked the flying instruments and bobbed back up with a silent snarl. In his mind, the duel was all but over— his opponent was now dragging out the inevitable moment of defeat in a series of small humiliations. By turning to such diversionary tactics, Vosa had all but admitted that she was no match for the erratic staccato blows that he was delivering, seemingly from everywhere, all at once.

He charged at it, the makeshift lightsaber swinging sideways in both hands as he thrust it directly into the thing’s gaping maw, then planted his feet and spun the blade in a 360-degree arc. His right arm felt like it was on fire. His right shoulder was screaming at him. He ignored it, sweeping the saber around again, carving the very teeth from its mouth, slashing at the mandibles from the inside, then spinning it the other way until he’d chopped the mouthparts themselves to ribbons.

—Darth Maul: Lockdown.

Even Maul, with all of his pain tolerance, is unwilling to use his injured arm unless absolutely necessary. If Maul’s injury hampered his dueling ability, than I somehow doubt that Sharad is going to have no problem fighting on after being shot with a stronger weapon, and falling down, hard.

Do you truly believe this? Because An'ya Kuro was one of the people that the Jedi Council didn't even consider allowing to go after Sharad Hett…

Yes, fiercely so.

Your right. Aurra Sing did run from the engagement stating that she was unable to defeat the duo. But that in no way turns this into a low showing.

Yes, and Kenobi stated that he thought that perhaps they were too powerful for her. Which is true, regardless of what you want to allude to.

In fact it is an incredibly high showing as Aurra Sing was able to give this duo a challenge only out done by Darth Maul.

Yeah, no. Darth Maul is infinitely superior to Aurra Sing, like-wise, his match with the duo is far more impressive than Aurra’s own match.

Given how you coincidentally overlook the context of these feats, knowingly or mistakenly, Aurra was stalemating Jinn whereas Darth Maul bested him(with difficulty depending on the source) Aurra Sing was floored by Kenobi, whereas Maul was consistently dismissing him in their duel.

Aurra’s only advantage against Jinn was her duel wielding, something she pulls out whenever she is on the ropes. Concordantly, we can see from later depictions of Aurra struggling against people below Qui-Gon and Kenobi, this being the Jedi Master J’Mikel who was able to break through her defense and give her a slight wound in the Hunt for Aurra Sing comic, which takes place several years after her battle with Sharad Hett and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Read from Right to Left

So, unless you consider Qui-Gon Jinn to be below the likes of the nameless Jedi Master that was at the very least stalemating Aurra, I doubt there is anything else here for you to debate, Old friend.

Throughout the fight she was able to casually beat Kenobi in one on one combat. Remember that he is stated as being one of the orders best even at this time.

You do realize he floored right after, right? And she pulled a cheap shot that gave her a quick second to retaliate and retreat. Where it not for her second blade she would have died, there and then by Qui-Gon’s blade.

An’ya Kuro’s own showing against Vader, is honestly so much better than anything TPM Kenobi has, it obviously surpasses the fact that Jinn lost to Maul by virtue of Maul being below the likes of Vader, she certainly has more to her name than J’mikel, Padawan A’sharad, and Sharad Hett combined. As I said, there’s nothing you can tell me about Sing, that I don’t already know about, in fact even what you like to keep hidden, I already know about, Bantha.

Make no mistake. Jax Pavan was being pushed back by Vader but his performance against Vader in lightsaber combat is highly impressive as he fought the Sith head on. Also you should note that he was willingly giving ground and was attempting to lure Darth Vader into a death trap. All of this is much more impressive than An'ya Kuro's battle with Vader as she couldn't meat Vader head on without being nearly instantly over powered.

Giving ground and holding back is exactly what Maul did with Kenobi, and Jinn. His performance against them is infinitely superior to Aurra. So how exactly is she a Maul level combatant? Furthermore, what Jax did after his power boost is an entirely different story altogether. Here’s we’re talking about how. Aurra Sing got humiliated by an unarmed, uninterested, Vader. That’s it. Also, the fact that from that angle An’ya was able to hold off Vader for as long as she did is impressive tbh, given her age.

Regardless, saying that her fighting him for brief moments is a low-showing, is a idiotic. Ben Kenobi also fought Vader in short bursts, so now it’s a low showing? It’s moronic seeing as An’ya styles is Ataru, which thrives on attacking their opponents in short bursts.

"Even so, Form IV is exhausting and is best employed in short but devastating bursts."

—The Jedi Path

Jax Pavan did gain a significant power boost from the holocron of Darth Ramage. However it is specified exactly what Jax Pavan learned from the holocron and absolutely none of it had to with lightsaber combat or dueling ability. Aside from Force Illusions and Time Maniulation the following is everything he learned from the holocron.

But he is stated to have grown strong in the Force by Vader.

“Impressive.” Darth Vader stepped out of an open lift to Jax’s left. “Is this display of power the result of some knowledge you’ve sampled? From where, I wonder?”

— Star Wars: The Last Jedi(Darth Vader)

You’ve progressed, Pavan. I hadn’t imagined you could wield such knowledge so well. It won’t do you any good, of course. I can see through you. I always could see through you.”

“Proud of yourself?” Vader asked. “Perhaps you’re entitled. You’ve exceeded my expectations, I’ll allow. “

“You amaze me, Pavan. The things you have absorbed from that dark well of knowledge, the ease with which you use them. You are truly wasted on the light side. Your continued existence and what you have done to ensure it confirm this.”

Regardless of whether you like it or not, Force Power is synonymous with Lightsaber combat. Why? Well let’s ask dear old Kas’im, yes?

As you already know, the Force is the real key to victory in any confrontation. However, the equation is not so simple. Someone well trained in lightsaber combat can defeat an opponent who is stronger in the Force. The Force allows you to anticipate your opponent's moves and counter them with your own. But the more options your foe has available, the more difficult it is to predict which will be chosen."

—POD

Force Augmentation is an essential part of Lightsaber combat, it’s what allows for Force Users to meet the strength, and speed of their opponents, what allows them to react to projectiles, other ships, etc. A greater command of the Force allows one to keep up with similarly skilled, if not more powerful opponents.

An excellent example would be Lanoree Brock, shall we take a gander at the lovely lady?

“Lanoree used the Force to increase her speed, willing her muscles to stretch and contract faster, pumping her arms, pushing blood through their veins.”

―Star War: Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void

As shown, the Force is able to increase this Jedi Ranger’s speed this merely a blatant example, there are several more I’m sure you’ve seen. Force Power is, as I said once before, essential in combat. Lastly, we have an example of of this in the following excerpt,

"The outcome was inevitable. Bane was simply too strong in the Force."

—POD.

Again, this showcases that due to Bane’s greater command of the Force he was capable of matching a superior duelist. So Jax’s power boost would not affect his skill, but it would affect his performance in combat. It’s just that simple.

Darth Vader wasn't in his prime when he fought An'ya Kuro either. So your point?

Fighting Darth Vader 17 years after Aurra Sing was humiliated would suggest there’s an increase in power.

"Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, Vader killed the Dark Woman, one of the last stragglers from the Jedi Purge and a woman who'd known Anakin when he was still an uncorrupted boy."

--The New Essential Guide to Characters

Seeing as this is “shortly” before the battle of Yavin, Vader would have already fought the likes of Jax Pavan, Ferus Olin, Roan Shryne, Sing, The Conclave, Starkiller and more. Furthermore, there are quotes stating he grew in power. Here are just a few examples:

Over time Vader has advanced in his ability to manipulate the dark side of the Force, and has used it to sustain his own damaged body as well as to persuade opponents of his will. Under the Emperor's tutelage, Vader learns to kill with mere suggestion.

-- Star Wars Visual Dictionary

As Darth Sidious's apprentice, Vader continues to expand his knowledge and the power of the dark side.

-- Force And Destiny Core Rulebook

Even his own generals could not escape Vader's wrath, and as time went by, the Sith's powers grew even stronger.

-- The Story Of Darth Vader

Thus we return to the same argument as before, a greater command of Force Power equals superior Speed, and Strength, these two things stemming from.. Force Augmentation. 17 years to study under the Emperor would give Vader an impressive Boost, as the quote above says, This simply solidifies the idea that Vader fought An’ya at a moment in time where he was already superior to his old self from 17 year prior

His power in the Force increased but his level of martial arts skill would have remained the same. Yet despite this dueling skill not increasing he was able to perform extremely well in a one on one duel with Darth Vader

His level of skill would have remained the same, his power in the Force and Force knowledge is all that increased.

Unfortunately, that isn’t the case. One might even say that this increase in power is what allows him to somewhat contend against Vader, that and the Crystal. See, power, my dear friend, makes all the different in a duel, It has allowed Vader to overcome Roan Shryne, who was technically superior to Vader at the time. However there are times where a low level Force user, is able to utterly humiliate a grand force user. However the Vader V Shryne comment is also a prime example of why the Force is important in a duel, as Roan was stated have not been that gifted with Force, while Vader was - as everyone knows - the Chosen one.Let’s go back to Kas’im’s words yes?

“As you already know, the Force is the real key to victory in any confrontation. However, the equation is not so simple. Someone well trained in lightsaber combat can defeat an opponent who is stronger in the Force.The Force allows you to anticipate your opponent's moves and counter them with your own. But the more options your foe has available, the more difficult it is to predict which will be chosen."

—POD

As you can all see, I have underlined the paragraph which bears great importance. Here, old friend, Kas’im states that Someone better trained in lightsaber combat can defeat someone stronger than they, yes? See, Bantha, what I find greatly amusing is that both scenarios mentioned by Kas’im appear in the Jax Pavan novel. Jax, due to his command of the Force, is able to somewhat keep up with Vader, albeit barely. But prior to this Probus Tesla utterly humiliated Jax Pavan, by seeing through his Illusions and disarming him, this being an Inquisitor Vader regards as having a weak connection, however he is skilled in combat enough to best a greater Force user like Jax Pavan. Let’s take a look, hmm?

"This is impossible," Tesla said. "You're ... you can't be here. You're-"

"Dead?" the Jedi asked, then shook his head. "Sorry, no."

"You were up on the detention level."

"No." Pavan's face lit in a slow smile. "He was."

Tesla shifted his eyes momentarily to where the Jedi pointed. A second Jax Pavan-identical to the first-stood in the intersection of two corridors, lightsaber gleaming in his hand. The instant of distraction was enough; when Tesla turned back, the real Jedi was mere paces away, his lightsaber already in deadly motion.

Tesla had neither heard nor sensed the movement, and the realization both galled and chilled. He brought his Sith blade up to meet the Jedi weapon, barely in time. The two blades clashed in a shriek of energy.

"I don't have time for this, Tesla," Pavan growled. He glanced up over the Inquisitor's shoulder, that same taunting smile on his face, inviting his adversary to look.

Tesla refused the invitation. He didn't know how the Jedi had done this, but there could be only one Jedi and only one Jedi blade.

He smiled at Pavan. "Clever. But, of course, he can't be real. You're the last Jedi, and you have the last Jedi lightsaber."

He swung his blade down and around, whipping Pavan's weapon aside and shoving him backward. Pavan stumbled back a step. Tesla, grinning fiercely, continued his own blade's arc, sweeping it up and over, letting the Force augment the power of the downward stroke that would cleave Pavan in two ...

Tesla's moment of triumph was interrupted by the sound of a second lightsaber, activating so close he could feel static crawling on his skin. He spun about ... and was stunned to realize it was a red blade-a Sith blade-sweeping toward him.

His last fleeting emotion was puzzlement; his last fragment of thought was, Impossible ...

—Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Every puzzle falls into place, eh bantha? Now this brings forth a conundrum for you. By delving into the Holocron Jax has, through the Magic of Star Wars, become more powerful in the Force, thus his Speed, Agility and Strength have doubled than when we last saw him, so he is undoubtedly superior to his Coruscant Nights Iteration, which was Stalemating Sing, yes? However here, we see Inquisitor Tesla decisively beat Jax Pavan, and would have killed him were it not for Pavan's allies. So Probus utterly humiliated a stronger Jax Pavan than the one Sing faced, the one Sing struggled with, so we - through your lovely thought process - can correctly assume that Tesla is superior to Aurra Sing

Ah the infamous Jacen Solo was holding back argument. This one can be countered with common sense. Jacen Solo was fighting to protect his daughter who loved very much, it is completely stupid to think that Jacen Solo would do anything other than go all out on an assassin who is trying to kill his nine year old daughter.

The only instance that we actually see Jacen Solo holding back is when he is about to release Force Lightning and he realizes that his daughter is watching.

It’s not surprising to see you make that statement, however I would recommend familiarizing yourself with the entirety of the character’s appearances before making careless comments. His fight with Jaina Solo has become distracted by his wife and Allana becoming endangered, this takes precedence in Solo’s mind, even against one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order(Jaina), this is mere proof of the fact that whenever Allana or Tenel Ka are involved, Jacen becomes less focused on battle and more focused on them. Against Aurra, he holds back from using his destructive powers based on Allana’s presence, he’s more focused on refraining from using his full power in front of his daughter, than he is on killing Aurra. This a fact shown time, and time again.

The only instance that we actually see Jacen Solo holding back is when he is about to release Force Lightning and he realizes that his daughter is watching. He is unwilling to bring himself to unleash a power commonly associated with the Dark Side in front of his daughter. But even in that quote we got confirmation that Jacen Solo was not holding back as he is stated to have gathered all of power when he was about to release Force Lightning, making it clear that he wanted nothing more than to utterly eviscerate Aurra Sing.

So in short, he was capable of utterly destroying her with a blast of lightning, but held back in the end? This doesn’t help you. He wanted to eviscerate her, could have too, but chose not to for Allana’s sake. Is this a concession?

Regardless, Jacen could have, and would have beaten Aurra had Allana not been present. So what exactly is the argument here? That Jacen would have “eviscerated” Aurra had he not hold back? Or that he couldn’t straight-up blitz because he did hold back?

I kind of half assed my opener because I hadn't read An'ya Kuro's battle with Vader at the time, but I have since and I can tell you that all of An'ya Kuro's students surpassed their master.

Yes, I’m sure Aurra getting tossed around by a Vader she admitted inferiority to is a clear show of superiority. The only one who surpassed her is Krayt, even Mundi revered the Dark Woman. An’ya is - through feats and accolades, Aurra’s superior

Decent accolade I will give you that but after seeing her battle with Vader they probably could have just sent Mara and An'ya still would have died.

What an utterly ill-founded claim. What proof do you have of Mara’s supposed superiority to Kuro? The quote directly states only Vader can defeat An’ya, and the EMPEROR, master of Jerec, Cronal, Mara Jade, Dark Side Adepts, Inquisitorious, The Prophets of the Dark Side, of all Dark Force Users in the Empire, agreed to sent his best agent, and greatest asset against the last straggler of the Order.

Furthermore, as a Jedi, and given their past history of knowing each other(Citation: New Essential Guide to Characters) Anakin would have a very good idea of Kuro’s capabilities to be able to remark that she is “still” a worthy opponent, while Kuro would only know of Anakin Skywalker’s abilities given her own praise of his ability, not Vader, the Dark Lord Of The Sith. Furthermore, it’s entirely possible that An’ya and Anakin either sparred/fought a battle together that left a good lasting impression on both of them in regards to their combative abilities, as the only way Skywalker was able to remark on the skills of someone as reclusive as Kuro(who’s abilities are not known to either the council or normal Jedi)would be through seeing her in action, it’s not at all confirmed, but a very likely possibility. Lastly, a direct comparison is made the Extinction comics between Mara Jade’s abilities and those of Darth Vader

"Your meager Jedi training is not enough to assure your success against the Dark Woman. Only the power of the Dark Side will destroy her."

--Vader(Extinction)

Clearly, she would not win, an assessment the Emperor agrees with. Don’t try to downplay this, Bantha. It’s never been your strong suit.

An'ya Kuro is using a two handed block in order to block a one handed strike from Vader and is showing visible strain while doing so...

Not only is An'ya struggling to block a one handed blow from Vader but she is driven to her knees by the attack...

She blocks an attack at an incredibly awkward angle(Which means she’s able to pullout her saber, ignite it, block Vader’s attack all in the same time it took Vader to launch his assault) and that makes her suck? How is this a bad point for Kuro? I mean regardless this a Vader that’s 17 years more experienced, more powerful, and by association with the Force much Faster, Stronger, and Faster precognition. Vader is infinitely superior to Aurra at this stage, and would eviscerate her so…?

Aurra Sing on the other hand has sent A'sharad Hett flying with a kick.

Kuro has sent him to the floor with a single jab.

Sent Aayla Secura flying with a kick.

Yes, because that’s beyond Kuro and Vader.

And sent Jacen Solo tumbling backwards with a knee.

A completely distracted Solo more focused on protecting his daughter from the Thermal Detonator than defending himself, right? In his hesitation and desperation, he allowed himself to be open to attack, thus giving Sing several opportunities to attack him.

The characters would get destroyed by Vader, your point falls flat, Old friend.

All of these feats are far superior strength feats than being driven to your knees by a one handed strike.

Yea Darth Vader is physically stronger than Aurra Sing. Good thing that An'ya Kuro can barely block a one handed strike with a two handed block. She isn't displaying anything beyond the capabilities of Aurra Sing.

Is that the best you could come up with? Bantha, you are telling me that kicking these characters, these low level character, is better than defending yourself from Darth Vader? Interesting, I mean this is the same Vader that very nearly casually disarmed Starkiller.

"A simple double stroke, up and then down, it contained enough power to jar his wrists and shoulders and very nearly disarm him completely."

—TFU

And very nearly disarmed Roan Shryne in one of his first missions.

Lightsaber grasped in both hands, Vader took a single forward step and performed a lightning-fast underhand sweep that almost knocked Forte's lightsaber from Shryne's grip. Spinning, Shryne regained his balance and raced forward, feinting a diagonal slash from the left, then twisting the blade around to the right and surging forward.

—Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

The fact that she is able to react to Vader speed, and not be completely destroyed by his strength is more than Sing has going for her. Let’s just take a look at the kind of strength that overwhelmed Aurra, shall we?

Her fist never made contact. Raising his right hand and bringing it around in a swift arc, Vader blocked the blow and sent the body behind it flying across the room. As she flew, a startled but still wholly self-aware Sing tucked and rolled. She hit the opposite wall hard, bounced off, landed on her feet, and immediately came at him again.

—Coruscant Nights II

All of this is incorrect. An'yas performance against Vader is actually quite pitiful

So you consider being casually dismissed by Vader more impressive than giving a fight? You consider Aurra’s admittance of inferiority more impressive than both the Emperor and Vader deciding that Kuro must die by the hands of the strongest Force User?. How amusing, Considering Aurra Sing’s worthless performance, I’d say, and many others would say this as well, that An’ya blows Sing out of the water.

And when An'ya disarms him (something she only accomplished by taking him by surprise) an unarmed Vader casually one handed tosses her aside like she is nothing.

Given Vader’s ability to sense Starkiller’s emotions from lightyears away

“There is much conflict in you. Your feelings for your new allies are growing stronger…”

—TFU

And he is particularly skilled with sensing others.

“When dealing with others strong in the Force, Vader can sense and identify their presence by the psychic disturbance they create”

—Lightsaber Dueling Pack: Darth Vader

The fact that Kuro is able to take Darth Vader by surprise is by no means a small feat, only a select few have done this. At least Vader wasn’t distracted and forced to hold back against Kuro.

At least when Aurra Sing was getting humiliated by an unarmed Darth Vader she was also unarmed, just saying.

Yes, while Vader was holding himself back, this being the same Vader that would destroy Aurra with or without a saber, by her own admission. Additionally, Vader had no intent of killing Sing, while he did intend to kill Kuro. Aurra’s performance is downright pathetic when comparing the two. It would utterly stupid of you to say there’s absolutely no gap between 18 BBY Vader and 1-0 BBY Vader

The problem with your logic is that Aurra was physically weakened due to her time in prison and was out of practice. On the other hand an armed An'ya Kuro is getting treated the exact same way by Vader that an unarmed Aurra is. A weakened, out of practice, and unarmed Aurra is performing equally to a fully powered and armed An'ya.

Wait so which is it then? This is supposedly a good thing for her to be out practice when you bring up Pavan, but her being out of practice is a bad thing when she gets humiliated by Vader? So if I’m understanding this, it’s impressive she pushed and got stalemated by Pavan despite being in a worse state than when she fought Vader? But being out of practice is an excuse for her terrible performance?

That’s some double standard you got there. Anyway, you are completely delusional if you believe Sing performed as well as Kuro did.

Utterly destroying Aurra kind of like An'ya Kuro was getting utterly destroyed.

Nope, not only was Kuro capable of holding her ground, but she was able to actually do something against a Vader that was out to kill, while the Vader Sing fought was tooling her. I love how you rip something from it’s context and use it against Kuro, despite the fact that The Dark Woman was able to hold her own against Vader while Sing got obliterated. She’s regarded as an animal by Vader, while he sees Kuro as a “Worthy” opponent

Aurra is actually older lmao. But she is physically younger which is what matters. This means she has to call less heavily on the Force to keep fighting and has greater stamina.

Again, your point? Physical abilities don’t matter to older Force users. I told you this, you just chose to ignore this :\

Regardless, Kuro is massively more powerful than Sing, this point falls flat.

No she won't be smashed into computers and stuff. Instead An'ya will just get blasted off the edge of the arena and into the lava, and with no TK showings to her name An'ya Kuro has no defenses against this.

What a wild imagination you have, dear friend.See, what you, as always, conveniently forget is the basic abilities taught to all students. Telekinetic applications and basic defenses against them. Shall we take a note from Kas’im?

One of the first lessons Kas'im taught students was how to build a protective shield around themselves in combat to prevent an enemy from using the Force against them. A Force-talented opponent could yank away your lightsaber, knock you off balance, or even extinguish your lightsaber's blade without the touch of a hand or weapon. A Force-shield was the most basic-and most necessary-protection there was.

—Path of Destruction

Now, this a perfect example of how basic Force Barriers are, much like the Jedi ability to see without seeing. It is also a good example that despite being relatively featless in the case of Barriers, Kas’im’s basic lesson serves the Battlemaster well to the point where he is able to resist Bane’s incredibly amped Telekinetic blast, yes?

Now, if we take a look at the Jedi Academy Trilogy, we will find that the very first lesson Luke himself teaches to his trainees, is the ability to form a protective shield around themselves to defend against extremely hot water. This being an ability that even a relatively weak force user, such as Jedi Historian, Tionne Solusar, is able to conjure up and use successfully use.

Luke fought down his own fear and made his voice rich and forceful, as he had once tried to sound when negotiating with Jabba the Hutt. His words came out rapidly, filling the remaining seconds.

"A Jedi feels no heat or cold. A Jedi can extinguish pain. Strengthen yourvs with the Force!" Luke thought of the time he had walked across lava in one of the tests Gantoris had imposed upon him. He willed extra protection into his body, forming an imaginary sheath around his exposed skin, thin as a thought and strong as a thought.

He scanned the concerned faces in a flash, saw Kirana Ti close her green eyes and grit her teeth; middle-aged Kam Solusar stared at nothing, yet maintained a confident air; Streen, the Bespin cloud hermit, seemed not to understand, but he instinctively increased his protection.

As the large, shifting bubbles boiled to the surface, Dorsk 81, the yellow-skinned clone from the bureaucratic planet, scrambled toward the edge. Luke saw that he would never make it in time; unless Dorsk 81 set up his personal defenses in the next few seconds, he would be boiled as the hot gas escaped into the air.

Before Luke could move, Gantoris reached Dorsk 81, gripping the alien's naked shoulder with his callused hand. "Ride it with me!" Gantoris said, raising his voice above the hissing noise. Volcanic gas bubbles surged to the surface of the hot spring. Luke saw a wall of protection surround Gantoris and Dorsk 81, incredibly strong--and then the primal, potent gases belched around them, churning the water into a foaming fury.

Luke felt the stab of intense heat, but he willed it away. He could feel the strength grow as the candidates also understood and reinforced each other. The scalding onslaught lasted only a few seconds, and the boiling surface of the pool began to return to stillness.

The window to the universe had vanished.

"Enough for tonight," Luke said, sighing in satisfaction.

—Jedi Academy: Dark Apprentice

If you’re not convinced it is that basic, then shall we change your mind? If these mere trainees are able to form protective shields from nothing, some even do so instinctively, then a trained Master shall have no difficulty.

Like the Jedi and Sith, one of the first techniques Shadow Assassins learned was the creation of a Force barrier.

—Rule of Two

This most basic of abilities have been taught to both Sith, and Jedi from ancient times down to more modern days such as in the NJO Era. As it is a commonly used Force Ability, and Dark Woman herself is a Jedi Instructor, it’s obvious that this is an ability well within her arsenal. Now, due to her strength in the Force she is able to use abilities that left Jedi both confused and in awe, as reclusive as she was, her abilities were most uncommon, and unorthodox. With Force Phase she was able to bend her, and that of whatever space she was phasing through, physical matter and light to nothing, something even Masters of the Force such as Yoda never demonstrated despite his colossal strength in the Force, which is incredibly surprising given his knowledge of the Force. Dark Woman being so much of a threat to Sidious and Vader, that he did not trust powerful warriors like Jerec, The Dark Adepts, The Powerful Prophets to put her down speaks of just how powerful she was considered, not even a Woman that drew on Palpatine’s very own pool of power could be a match for a Master of Kuro’s caliber. And as we all know,a Force barrier is, much like Lightsaber combat, synonymous with Force Power, and as we all know, Kuro outclasses Sing in power.

Okay? And what is your point? Vader never used direct TK against An'ya Kuro which means her TK defenses cannot be scaled off of Vader. Aurra's own power is enough to blast An'ya Kuro off the edge of the arena which will kill An'ya because...lava

We’ll see.

Interesting but Aurra completely outclasses her in this area. Jacen Solo was unable to sense Aurra Sing when she was on his own capital ship when Jacen was sensing entire planets in the solar system.

How fortunate am I, then, to have a battle in which a Telepath of Vader’s caliber is able to be fooled by her, isn’t that right?

Im sorry what? Aayla was able to fool Quarra (just some dogs) not Aurra. In fact Aurra was the one fooling with Aayla before their battle.

Not so, Kuro and Tholme entered a meditative trance that so easily fooled Aurra into believing they were dead, which is pretty pathetic for her if we’re honest.

Before I move onto my conclusion I would like to point out another way that Aurra utterly wrecks An'ya, and that is via blasters. As shown by Coleman Trebor the skill of the shooter matters when it comes to the ability to defend against blaster fire. During the battle of Geanosis he was able to defend against large swarms of droids but as soon as he got pitted a competent shooter…

Really? Are you so afraid of a defeat that you resort to this?

Coleman got one shotted by a man who had already killed Jedi before, including the likes of Komari Vosa, the very man that stalemated Kenobi and was the most skilled bounty hunter. Of course Coleman got fodderized, this is utterly irrelevant to the debate at hand, I suggest you try a different course instead of embarrassing yourself.

Aura Sing has been shown to be able to pick apart the defenses of Jedi competent at deflecting blaster fire as shown by her defeat of Ahsoka Tano.

And her apparent skill has in fact wavered, it seems, given how she is unable to react fast enough to Padme Amidala’s Stun Blaster moments later. Shameful, really.

No Caption Provided

And Ahsoka is very skilled at deflecting blaster fire as she does so almost on a daily basis in the clone wars. An'ya Kuro on the other hand is weak against blaster fire and as soon as Aurra pulls out her blasters An'ya will just get gunned down in an instant. (she has her lightsaber drawn, is looking right at him and even Ki-Adi Mundi is reacting to this guy shooting. There is no reason in hell that An'ya shouldn't have deflected that if she were competent)

This is amusing. Are you this insecure of your argument? No matter, I’ll correct this. Aside from Kuro acknowledging her former apprentice immediately, thus lowering her guard, and seeing the familiar faces of Adi Gallia and of course the Quaren Senator, Kuro would have no reason to raise her weapon against her follow Jedi. Common sense. However, if we’re bringing these sort of things into account then well, lets see how well Aurra fairs against a competent Jedi Master, hmm?

Interesting, she is immediately speed blitzed by Plo Koon, a man below the likes of Darth Vader. Interesting to see that Aurra is susceptible to being speed blitzed by a combatant below Kuro. Let’s look at another example, perhaps a Jedi Knight?

Seems like Aurra is very susceptible to having her blaster fire redirected at her and getting blitzed by competent Jedi Masters, such as Kuro, so she gets her bolt redirected at her and then blitzed. It is not surprising, is it? This is all well within Kuro’s capability.

What an unsurprising outcome. Do you wish to continue? I’d consider these next steps very carefully, old friend. You’ve built something of a reputation here, it would be a shame to see it tarnished by such careless comments. If I were you I’d would end this argument here and attempt to save face.

An'ya Kuro isn't even comparable to Qui-Gon Jinn where as a pre prime Aurra is just below TPM Maul in skill.

Even if that were to be true(and it’s not) Vader via power scaling is still stronger than Maul as of TPM, and Kuro fought him. So Kuro is still>Aurra

Aurra has the Force edge and can just blast An'ya off the edge of the arena

Like that one time against Plo right? Or Ahsoka?

and Aurra can attack via blasters, something An'ya has been shown to be weak to.

And Kuro can just blitz her or redirect her blaster fire “something Aurra has been shown to be weak to.”

Right?

The only way An'ya can begin to take rounds against Aurra is via plant manipulation which you limited because of overconfidence.

How is it you remained an amateur at this after so long? I guess just being half trained by @darthant66 is still more than you can handle

Because of this An'ya is going to loose 10/10 rounds. She is completely outclassed.

Ignorance is sweet for the soul, as they say in Kurdish. We’ll let the dear public decide.

Those that wanted to be tagged have been. My post took too long due to a serious of hectic events, laziness and a shitload of sources to go through. But, as the saying goes not good can ever be done quickly.

Side Note: BJORK CV's lag.

@aurbere@darthant66@kj27@dadivineking@brightsteel@jarjarbinks@themuser@banthabot@emperordmb

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Emperordmb

^This last post was incredibly painful to read ngl^

Not only were numerous arguments just blatantly wrong and missing some pretty obvious facts and logic, but the fact that Fated was acting like such a condescending douche throughout that entire post was cringey AF as well. Every one of the hundred times Fated calls Bantha "old friend" I believe that they're actually friends less and less.

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Brightsteel

@renchamp

Sentence above the tags contains language that goes against the site's rules.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Emperordmb

Just for fun, I'm gonna count the number of times Fated says "old friend" and the number of times he insults his supposed friend:

"Old friend" "Good friend" or "Dear Friend" (13 in total):

I am honored to debate with you again, my old friend.

My apologies, old friend.

It’s quite evident that not all of Tatooine is the same, Old friend

Is it possible, Bantha, that perhaps An’ya was passed over for not being there for so many years? It is, Old friend

Come now, old friend, surely this is above you?

I doubt there is anything else here for you to debate, Old friend.

Here, old friend, Kas’im states that Someone better trained in lightsaber combat can defeat someone stronger than they, yes?

The characters would get destroyed by Vader, your point falls flat, Old friend.

I’d consider these next steps very carefully, old friend.

I must confess, my good friend

My good friend, if such were the case then can we comfortably and correctly assume that Kenobi would have not been a good option?

See, power, my dear friend, makes all the different in a duel

What a wild imagination you have, dear friend.

Fated insulting his supposed friend and being super condescending with some rather uncalled for hostility (22):

So you believe the terrain to the same? Hahahaha. Amusing.

I know more about Aurra Sing then you do, I’ve gone through every source and appearance. What can you conceive that I’ve not already thought of?

I am somewhat confused as to why you scoff at the idea that it was An’ya training that made her Apprentices so skilled, even though it is fact, yet you so baselessly claim that Sharad Hett is afforded the same advantage as his son based on absolutely nothing but assumption. Amusing really.

So, my friend, Is it so difficult to believe that perhaps Mundi is not the only one capable of beating Sharad? That your baseless theories are perhaps not as solid as you like to believe they are? Is it, perhaps, possible that your assumptions will remains just that? Assumptions, based on nothing but twisted conclusions and manipulations of context. Come now, old friend, surely this is above you?

Amusing. Interesting diction, Bantha. However, I’m afraid that won’t work.

Secondly, Bantha, do you think me so gullible?

Falling from high ground after being hit with a bolt would compromise one’s ability to fight more than a pathetic head injury you so foolishly claim Aurra received.

As I said, there’s nothing you can tell me about Sing, that I don’t already know about, in fact even what you like to keep hidden, I already know about, Bantha.

Regardless, saying that her fighting him for brief moments is a low-showing, is a idiotic. Ben Kenobi also fought Vader in short bursts, so now it’s a low showing? It’s moronic seeing as An’ya styles is Ataru, which thrives on attacking their opponents in short bursts.

Every puzzle falls into place, eh bantha?

It’s not surprising to see you make that statement, however I would recommend familiarizing yourself with the entirety of the character’s appearances before making careless comments.

This doesn’t help you. He wanted to eviscerate her, could have too, but chose not to for Allana’s sake. Is this a concession?

You consider Aurra’s admittance of inferiority more impressive than both the Emperor and Vader deciding that Kuro must die by the hands of the strongest Force User?. How amusing, Considering Aurra Sing’s worthless performance, I’d say, and many others would say this as well, that An’ya blows Sing out of the water.

That’s some double standard you got there. Anyway, you are completely delusional if you believe Sing performed as well as Kuro did.

I love how you rip something from it’s context and use it against Kuro

What a wild imagination you have, dear friend.See, what you, as always, conveniently forget is the basic abilities taught to all students.

Really? Are you so afraid of a defeat that you resort to this?

Of course Coleman got fodderized, this is utterly irrelevant to the debate at hand, I suggest you try a different course instead of embarrassing yourself.

This is amusing. Are you this insecure of your argument?

Do you wish to continue? I’d consider these next steps very carefully, old friend. You’ve built something of a reputation here, it would be a shame to see it tarnished by such careless comments. If I were you I’d would end this argument here and attempt to save face.

How is it you remained an amateur at this after so long? I guess just being half trained by @darthant66 is still more than you can handle

Ignorance is sweet for the soul, as they say in Kurdish. We’ll let the dear public decide.

Yeah... if I were in Bantha's place, I would not believe I was Fated's "dear friend"

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fated_Xtasy

@brightsteel:

Lmao. Boi shush.

@nfactor1995

Sure lol. I don't debate that often truth be told. But I'll let ya know

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fated_xtasy: we have one more round to go. Although your track record proves that this CaV won't be finished until 2017

Soup95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Soup95

I know more about Aurra Sing then you do, I’ve gone through every source and appearance. What can you conceive that I’ve not already thought of?

[Mod edit]

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp said:

@soup95: Warning for insults.

All due respect, but Soup insulted Fated after Fated spent an entire post insulting Banthabot repeatedly.

Soup95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Soup95

@renchamp: Oh yeah it's not insulting if you're evasive about it, but when you're straight-forward only then is it bad. Good thing we have such intelligent moderators to clear that up for us