CAV - Atrocitus (Nima) vs Terrax (Cosmic) - VOTING NOW OPEN

• 129 results
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Honestly, I'm giving this a tie. Both of you were great.

jedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

terrax wins

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: @nimamindtricks: Nina gets my vote. Although both counters and strategies where viable and not really too far apart from the other i found myself seeing Nina's outcomes a bit more than Cos'.

Also Cos do you ever enter a battle with a team on par with the opponents?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Quite an interesting and close CAV indeed, I'm glad these are becoming more and more the case with CAVs on the battle forums. Though Cosmic valiantly defended Terrax and tried to up his jobber reputation, I wasn't fully won over by his slight exaggerations of Terrax's capabilities and ignorance of the variety of low showings Terrax has had. Moreover, Nima was able to counter most of what Cosmic could come up with strategy wise and demonstrated Atrocitus' superior consistency and quality of feats. The only thing that couldn't be countered was the planet busting axe and there's no proof that Terrax would be willing to use it here. Nor did I feel that Terrax's planet busting was unconnected with his Geo-Kinesis and that the axe has to be in contact with the ground.

Cos did well as a debater of his cred should do, but I felt his overall arguments were a bit too presumptuous and did not account for Terrax's weaknesses in his many showings in the past. For those reasons, @nimamindtricks gets my vote.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: ok man, the vote count as it stands currently:

Nima: 6

Cosmic: 6

TIE!!!: 2

all tied up again

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Sorry man, you did do good but not quite good enough this time. And you wouldn't have called me out unless I'd vote fairly :P

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Sorry man, you did do good but not quite good enough this time. And you wouldn't have called me out unless I'd vote fairly :P

I do value your opinion very much, I appreciate the honesty. I will work harder next time!

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: just making sure you didn't count jedog's vote. He's a troll that says Marvel wins even if it was say Hal Jordan vs Spiderman.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: just making sure you didn't count jedog's vote. He's a troll that says Marvel wins even if it was say Hal Jordan vs Spiderman.

hmmmmmm. I did count that vote. I see your point, thank you for the info man.

BTW, you wouldn't be attempting to sabotage me now would you? You voted against me. Have I done something to offend you or something along those lines?

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007 said:

BTW, you wouldn't be attempting to sabotage me now would you? You voted against me. Have I done something to offend you or something along those lines?

No, of course not. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you (and barring some terrible mishap you have my vote on the next HOF nomination round). I just voted as honestly as I could.

I just want a fair match for everyone - my first 3 debates ever were against someone infamous for breaking the rules/using out of context scans a lot. And nima is someone I respect very much as well.

Jedog said Hulk could beat Superman and that Odin and Galactus were equal to the Anti-Monitor. He also said Abomination could beat Doomsday.

Take pride in the fact that you debated well.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: thank you for pointing jedog out. He really is a troll and was literally the only one who didn't explain his vote and named the character instead of the Viner.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frisky4: thank you for pointing jedog out. He really is a troll and was literally the only one who didn't explain his vote and named the character instead of the Viner.

hey, who pointed jedog out? lol

and are we doing our CaV?

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: thank you for pointing jedog out. He really is a troll and was literally the only one who didn't explain his vote and named the character instead of the Viner.

No problem.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: @cosmicallyaware1: jedog is a marvel troll who didn't even explain his vote. His vote isn't being counted.

I agree with this, my bad for counting it in the first place. I am a firm believer myself that any vote needs to be legitimate and properly explained.

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@thenewbluebeetle007 said:

No, of course not. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you (and barring some terrible mishap you have my vote on the next HOF nomination round). I just voted as honestly as I could.

I just want a fair match for everyone - my first 3 debates ever were against someone infamous for breaking the rules/using out of context scans a lot. And nima is someone I respect very much as well.

Jedog said Hulk could beat Superman and that Odin and Galactus were equal to the Anti-Monitor. He also said Abomination could beat Doomsday.

Take pride in the fact that you debated well.

Hahaha, I was being sarcastic before man, and just messing with you. I very much appreciate the compliment though, and you are quickly becoming one of my favorite "newer users".

and now final shout outs for votes:

@boschepg@veshark@frozen@thetruebarryallen@i_like_swords@cdiddyman911

@claymore1998@sovereign91001@serrure@beatboks1@dedmanwalkin@darkraiden

Gentlemen (and one lady)!!!!! please drop a vote in here if you please!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: You work plenty hard enough as it is, an example to most other debaters with your debating ethics. Don't push yourself that much harder :P

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@nimamindtricks: @cosmicallyaware1:

You both showed good points for each characters. I'm convinced of their effecacy on the battlefield.

The points that you demonstrated in this CAV is that both are very durable and strong.

@nimamindtricks

Showed the raw power and speed of Atrocitus. But I wasn't convinced by the point in Atrocius amping himself through Terrax's rage, as the scans you provided shows Atrocius "eating" the emotional spectrum of rage attacks of his fellow teamates. I wasn't convinced by the utility of the Red Puke aswell as it needs to Atros to be very close of his target.

@cosmicallyaware1

Showed the raw power of Terrax too. But I wasn't convinced by the parenthesis about Terrax hitting at lightspeed. However I think that you covered two essential points that gives you my vote :

1) Terrax's versatility is a huge factor in this match as you showed that it can greatly help in a fight to keep his opponent in the range of his axe.

2) You showed the power of the Axe as Terrax can bust planets with ease with it and this point wasn't countered too.

Good job ! Both of you ! I enjoyed reading this CAV.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@cosmicallyaware1: Give me few minutes to read through it friend, and thanks for the tag.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

While there are few errors here and there in regards to information provided by Cosmic and he missed few cool feats too, I will still give my vote to @cosmicallyaware1

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: thanks for taking the time to read and the breakdown man, much appreciated

@cosmicallyaware1: I vote for you

why thank you fine lady, but could you please elaborate as to why?

@nimamindtricks: ok man, the vote count as it stands currently: and when are we closing voting BTW?

Nima: 6

Cosmic: 8 (that's with taking out the incorrect vote as well)

TIE!!!: 2

While there are few errors here and there in regards to information provided by Cosmic and he missed few cool feats too, I will still give my vote to @cosmicallyaware1

Killemall! You're back!!! PM me as well please, there are some things I would like to discuss!!

And in regards to this debate.......could you elaborate on what you stated please? When it comes to cosmic marvel, there is nobody that I know of that has as much knowledge as yourself (only person I know that excels myself in that realm)

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winner is...@cosmicallyaware1!

This one was so close we gotta do another soon!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winner is...@cosmicallyaware1!

This one was so close we gotta do another soon!

word. This one was amazingly close, and honestly I would like to call it a draw mate, that's how I see it. I'm seriously impressed by your skills, and have the utmost respect for you as a debater now (as I was kinda unfamiliar before). Let's change the title to closed ok?

And we shall begin contemplation on our next match! I do feel that whatever direction we take in the next one......that we come back to a cosmic theme as I am able to showcase every Herald of the big G, and he himself.

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: @cosmicallyaware1: Awww man! i never got my notification!!! (i saw Nima tagging me in the comments but never got any notification...). Since voting is closed i can only congratulate both of you,it was a nice reading and a very good CAV indeed.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: @cosmicallyaware1: I enjoyed the read. Both of you did an amazing job! Someday, I hope to be as good as you two when I'm ever in a Cav! With that said, either of you have pointers?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: @cosmicallyaware1: I enjoyed the read. Both of you did an amazing job! Someday, I hope to be as good as you two when I'm ever in a Cav! With that said, either of you have pointers?

I would be glad to give you some pointers, just shoot me a PM. Also, read this if you haven't, it is very helpful for newer users....Debating tips: past and Present. Just click on the highlighted text, and it will redirect you to the info page. Good luck, and happy reading! Take the information to heart, as it is sound advice all around!

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@sophia89: yes idk why I listed him thanks for pointing out

stationboxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is the planet-bust feat real strength? or was it his soil power or earth-power aka geo-kenesis?