Represented by @blackpantherisb
No Caption Provided
Represented by @the_magister
Represented by @the_magister

Rules

• Morals on but determined to win.
  • Win by any means necessary.
  • MCU Captain America
  • Arkhamverse Batman (including Origins).
  • Cap has his original vibranium shield.
  • Batman has standard gear from all games, tie-in comics, and movies.
  • Start 10 feet apart.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#2 Edited by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by LanternBatman (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag after every post

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#4 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (1774 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, this kinda looks like a stomp, but that's fine. Tag for the first posts and for voting.

#5 Posted by The_Magister (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: Looks mostly good, but can we keep standard gear constrained to games? I don't know if Cap can take him with some of the stuff from tie-ins or AoA.

If you're cool with it, that is.

#6 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: Ofc, though he doesn’t really get any knew gear in either, I can make a list of gear if you want.

#7 Posted by CreoleCuddy (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag after every post please, and good luck to you gents'!

#8 Posted by The_Magister (11991 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by GearSecond659 (4999 posts) - - Show Bio

t4v

#10 Edited by rem (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh T4V

#11 Posted by lubub55 (12742 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

#12 Posted by KrleAvenger (25870 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I like this. While it is overused match-up, I can expect something good from these two debaters.

Tag for votes gentlemen. After every post if you don't mind.

#13 Posted by Riddlerfan77 (5131 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting... tag after every post.

Outside of this post I've made it fairly clear where I stand on this match up but both sides are strong debaters and could shed a lot of light on this fight.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#14 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4188 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#15 Posted by Kevd4wg (9527 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, T4V I suppose

#16 Posted by Amcu (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#17 Posted by darkhoudini (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems very promising.

#18 Posted by EmpressOfDread (10579 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting... tag after every post.

#19 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Riddlerfan77 (5131 posts) - - Show Bio

It's taken Panther one month. Good lord we're in for a post of greatness.

R.I.P Magister.

J.K to early to say that yet.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#21 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (12983 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Tag please

#22 Posted by ArkhamAsylum3 (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be fun to read but ultimately a on sided affair I expect. I mean no disrespect by this though.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#23 Posted by _KingofLatveria (17217 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag after every post

#24 Edited by Tenguswordsman (1265 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

#25 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Batman

"I'm the reason criminals breathe easier when the sun rises."

Bio

If you haven't played the Arkham games at this point I don't even want to talk to you, so I won't include a bio.

Strength

Obviously, this is a section that everyone believes that Cap has in spades over Bruce, but I would actually argue that the gap is fairly small, if even present at all. Even in terms of lifting strength, I wouldn't put Cap far above Bats, in fact, I'd put them more or less on par:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

One: Bruce hurls a large man 8 feet back, and if it hadn't been for Nightwing kicking him out of the air he would've flown much further. (Batman: Arkham Knight) Two: The dark knight picks up and without much effort, hurls a man well over ten feet so hard that his foot knocks another guy down. (Batman: Arkham Asylum) Three: With one arm Batman flings an armored guard 12 feet away, and this was without any noticeable strain. (Batman: Arkham Knight) Four: A Casual one-armed toss from Bats send the Riddler flying 15 feet into the air at high speeds, and if it hadn't been for Catwoman he clearly would've gone far further. (Batman: Arkham Knight) Five: The caped crusader casually throws an armored man 15 feet vertically and at least twenty feet horizontally. Cap doesn't have many ragdoll feats of this caliber if any.

But those weren't even Bruce's best ragdoll feats, this is:

Batman: Arkham Origins

Here Batman throws Joker 40-50 fifty feet back into a window, keep in mind that Joker wasn't stopped by gravity but was rather stopped by a window, otherwise, he would've kept going.That's a pretty crazy feat, and again, Batman performed it without noticeable effort. I believe that this is better than any ragdoll feat that Cap has, and it certainly proves that Batman is blatantly superhuman.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

One: Using the batclaw Bruce wrenches opens a bolted metal safe, and in doing so he tears a decent amount of brick out of the wall. (Batman: Arkham City) Two: Here Batman bends and tears off a metal grate that's been nailed into the wall, and considering that Arkham is a very high-security prison, it's safe to assume that the grates should be made of durable metals, most likely solid steel. (Batman: Arkham Asylum) Three: With one arm Bats bends and rips off a metal cover, and since the cover was protecting a highly dangerous electrical outlet it should also be steel. And bending steel grates and covers is well beyond the capabilities of any human, and should certainly be on Cap's tier. (Batman: Arkham Knight) And Batman can pull far greater weights than these.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Batman: Arkham Unhinged #47

With the batclaw Bruce lifts a car up several stories in a short time frame, this is a feat that puts Batman solidly on Cap's level of strength, if not slightly above, as Cap has actually struggled greatly to support the weight of a car. And Batman actually scales to people who are blatantly stronger than Cap:

When fighting Killer Croc Batman actually matches him in a grapple, despite being at a substantial reach disadvantage. And Croc is far stronger than Cap, he easily tossed a large propane tank 50+ feet. It's safe to assume that the fuel tank was roughly 500 gallons, as it was the same size as Croc. Who is a ten foot 850+ pound monster that looks like this when compared to other men, keep in mind that a 500-gallon fuel tank also roughly Croc's size (maybe even slightly smaller) and that 500-gallon fuel tanks weigh around 900 pounds. I'm fairly confident that Cap has no consistent strength feats that are on the level of hurling a 900-pound fuel tank 50 feet. And Batman matching/overpowering Croc is totally consistent:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Batman: Arkham Knight #6

Here, despite once again being at a leverage disadvantage, Batman overpowers Croc, and actually ragdolls him several feet. And keep in mind that this is several years after Arkham Origins, and because of his mutation Croc has been getting progressively stronger. And Batman has stacked up against even stronger opponents, such as Bane:

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Using his whole entire body, and employing every single muscle Batman breaks Bane's grip. Why is this so impressive you ask? Well, because Bane can hurl cars hundreds of feet away. Now obviously Batman isn't as strong as Bane, or even that close, as he had to use his whole body just to overpower Bane's hands. But even showing enough strength to put up any resistance against Bane is pretty insane, as he is more comparable to MCU Hulk than MCU Cap in strength. This also lines up nicely with Batman showing roughly equal to even borderline superior strength to Croc, who's an undeniable multi-tonner. And before you call this an outliner Batman has contended with beings of this strength caliber multiple times, in what is by far his most impressive strength outing, against Soloman Grundy:

Batman: Arkham City

After an intense struggle, Batman manages to overpower Soloman Grundy's hand using more or less his entire body, and certainly all of his upper body strength. This is Batman's best feat because Grundy is by far the most physically powerful being in the Arkham Verse. With one arm he overpowered Bane and threw him hundreds of feet and then clean through a thick concrete roof, and Bane showed no sign of slowing down. Keep in mind that an off venom Bane weighed over 500 pounds, and venom increases Bane's size and muscle density massively, so it's safe to assume that he was well over 1000 pounds when he faced Grundy. Grundy was clearly stronger than Bane who is already>>>>>>>>>>>>MCU Cap in strength. So even just overpowering his hand is a crazy good feat. Overall I would say Batman holds a lifting strength advantage over Cap.

Striking

Arkham Batman has striking power well beyond the capabilities of the MCU supersoldiers, and his blows will most certainly put the hurt on Cap. Let's start out just like I did with my strength, by displaying his ragdolling feats:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

One: A kick from Batman sends Deathstroke flying around 8 feet back into a wall, keep in mind that Slade's weight would be significantly increased by his heavy body armor. (Batman: Arkham Origins) Two: With a massive uppercut the Dark Knight sends Penguin flying several feet up and around 15 feet away, though Cobblepot is much smaller than a regular person, so it's not as impressive as ragdolling a fully grown human. (Batman: Arkham City) Three: Batman kicks Shiva right in the chest, and this blow sends her flying roughly 15 feet away. (Batman: Arkham Origins) Four: Bruce kicks a robot and it flies about 10 feet before Catwoman incepts it, though it was clear that the robot could've flown twice as far if it hadn't been for Selina's interference. (Batman: Arkham Knight) Five: A huge blow from Batman sends Black Mask 15+ feet away. (Batman: Arkham Unhinged #37) Six: Here Batman lands a huge kick on Ra's that slides him 20+ feet away. (Batman: Arkham City) Seven: Batman kicks a goon so hard that he ragdolls around 20 feet, what makes this so impressive is the fact that when in the air he collided with another guy and was still able to fly about 10 feet after that, and he lifted the other guy off the ground as several feet away to. (Batman: Arkham Knight)

These ragdoll feats are as good as any that Cap has, and they aren't even Batman's best:

One: With one move Batman launches two guys 20+ feet away, what makes this so impressive is the fact that he punched them both in the same motion, which means that he couldn't give his full force to either hit like he could with a regular punch. (Batman: Arkham Knight) Two: Here Batman kicks joker with incredible force, launching the Clown Prince 40+ feet away, and right through a thick wooden church pew. A blow like this would send Cap for a loop. (Batman: Arkham Origins) Three: With one single motion/blow Batman launches 4 ninjas each roughly 25 feet away, into walls and doors. To be able to ragdoll 4 people that far is just downright insane, and I seriously doubt that Cap could get hit by that blow and not take some heavy damage. (Batman: Arkham Origins)

Based on these feats alone I would say that Batman can definitely hurt Cap with his blows but he has plenty of other striking feats:

With a fairly casual blitz Bruce, without any armor, puts a man's head right into a concrete wall, doing heavy damage to it. While Cap would definitely tank this, it would hurt him a good deal, and do some minor damage.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Here Batman hits a 7 and-a-half foot man in full body armor (he probably weighed well over 500 pounds) 4-5 through the air and then into metal pipes hard enough to severely dent and even break through them. Hits like this will definitely damage Cap.

With a casual shoulder bash, Bruce puts a large person+ sized crack in a thick brick wall and then brings down the wall with a push kick. I don't think that Cap has ever withstood a blatantly wall busting attack, so I'm confident that Bruce can do damage to, and ultimately put down Cap with his fists alone.

Durability

Batman is incredibly durable, to the point where I'm fairly confident that he will be able to tank all of Cap's blows without heavy damage. Let's start out with the king of fall damage that Bruce can withstand with minimal damage:

One: Joker kicks a restrained Batman clean through a window that was boarded up by thick wooden boards. Batman then proceeds to fall roughly 50 feet down onto the concrete below, and he emerges completely fine, with no damage at all. (Batman: Arkham City) Two: Whilst saving Barbara Gordon Batman falls a couple hundred feet down, and while he does use his cape to reduce their momentum slightly, they are still falling at very high speeds when they hit the ground, and Batman completely and utterly no sells it, not even a grunt of pain. Nothing at all. (Batman: Arkham KnightI) Three: Bane throws Bruce several feet and clean through a window at high speeds, Bats then falls several stories and ragdolls 20+ feet after landing. Once again, he completely no sells this. (Batman: Arkham Origins)

Here Batman tanks a huge kick from Titan Joker that sends him reeling roughly 20 feet away, keep in mind that random titan thugs can easily shred and ragdoll thick steel containers with their bare hands. And Batman tanks pounding from superhumans regularly:

One & Two: Batman tanking being smacked around and rag-dolled by Croc hard enough to break through metal barrels and concrete without any damage. (Batman: Arkham Knight #6) Three: Croc smacks Batman right across a room, and Bruce recovers more or less instantly. (Batman: Arkham Knight)

What makes tanking hits from Croc with no damage so impressive is the fact that a weaker version of Croc could easily put massive craters in the concrete ground with a single punch. A striking feat that Cap definitely couldn't come close to performing.

But Bruce has more purely quantifiable durability feats:

In a pretty amazing display of durability, Bruce gets blasted dozens of feet into the air by a large number of explosives, he then falls well over sixty feet and belly flops onto solid concrete, he then gets back up seconds later with no real damage at all. But he can also tank punches that pack enormous amounts of force:

One: Bruce completely no-sells a kick from Mr. Hammer that sends him flying 25+ feet away and a 20-foot drop. (Batman: Arkham City) Two: Batman easily tanks being slammed into a concrete wall by Dumpler hard enough to crater it. (Batman: Arkham Origins Vol. 1) But Bats has been hit harder than this:

Here Batman tanks being kicked by Deathstroke so hard that he slams into a shipping container hard enough to shift it pretty drastically. These containers looked to be at least 20 feet, and even empty 20-foot containers weigh 5,071 pounds or 2.5 tons. This blows Cap's truck kicking feat right out of the water, and Bruce still has better:

Here Bruce gets thrown by Bane 20 feet into a thick brick wall which he goes right through, and even after that he still flies another 25-30 feet before landing. Cap doesn't have the (consistent) striking power to make that big of a hole in a brick wall, let alone ragdoll someone hard enough to fly 50 feet and clean through a thick brick wall. Yet Bruce was unphased by all of this and got back up ready to fight right away.

Skill

This is an area where Batman flatly annihilates Steve, Bruce's raw combat efficacy, agility, adaptability, and pure skill knowledge puts him well beyond the skill capabilities of anyone in the entire MCU, Cap really just can't compete. Let's just start out with some statements about his skill:

Batman's bios in Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, and Batman: Arkham Knight all confirm that the caped crusader is a master in pretty every single known martial art. This is more skill knowledge than anyone in the MCU has, but let's see how Bruce applies it:

As you can see here Bruce dominates two TYGER operatives at the same time, and even just based on their choreography it's safe to say that they are extremely skilled, but this is likely something that MCU Cap could replicate, so I'll kick it up from here:

Here, while three enemies all attack Batman at once he skillfully leaps into the air, positioning himself so that he won't get hit by their attacks, and then takes them all down in one fluid motion by utilizing his entire body. This is still his low end.

One & Two: Here Batman curbstomps a group of several SWAT in seconds, and then humiliates Jim Gordon. (Batman: Arkham Origins Vol. 1) Three & Four: In this instance, Bruce drops roughly 10 SWAT in seconds, taking several of them out in singular movements. (Batman: Arkham Origins Vol. 1) Five: In an awe-inspiring display, of agility, speed, and skill Batman rapidly dismantles a team of SWAT in mere seconds, Cap does not possess the level of combat efficacy, agility, or technical skill to replicate this feat, it's just out of his league. (Batman: Assault on Arkham)

But even these feats aren't his high end of fodder wrecking, he has some feats that Cap just couldn't hope to replicate:

Batman: Arkham Unhinged #40

Here Batman fight 5 (in the last scan we see two unconscious int he hallway and three unconscious in the stairwell, confirming that there were 5 of them) League of Assassins ninjas, and just utterly dominates them. They are unable to land a single blow, and he is shown taking them all on at once easily. Keep in mind that they surprise attacked him, while he was totally naked, and they all had a substantial reach advantage since they all had swords and such. Even without considering the fact that they are LoA ninjas I think Cap would have a hard time putting down 5 trained swordsmen at once without any of his standard gear, but what puts this feat out of Cap's league is the tier of skill that the LoA ninjas operate at. They can easily dodge Batarangs as nothing more than a pink blur of speed, they can appear out of a cloud of smoke and jump dozens of feet in the air, they can launch very fast, agile, and technically complex attack combinations and they've shown superhuman levels of agility {1}{2}{3}. LoA ninjas are way, way, way beyond your average fodder, in fact, I would say that each of them is around Batroc level in terms of skill, maybe even slightly higher considering their agility, and there's no way in hell that Cap could solo 5 Batroc level+ fighters, all of whom have one shot weapons, without any gear, while at a heavy reach disadvantage. This just speaks to the huge difference in skill between Bruce and Cap. But just like every street levelers worth their salt, Bruce can hang with beings way outside his weight class.

Loading Video...

-Batman: Arkham City

Starting at 8m16s we see Batman take on a TITAN user and dozens of other thugs at once. In the same video, we see that TITAN user tank a fall that busts the concrete floor, and it showed enough strength to shred it's steel container casually. Yet Batman used his cape stun to distract it, allowing him to actually use the TITAN's strength to his advantage against the other thugs. And ultimately Bruce was able to KO the TITAN user. But Bruce has much better feats that this:

Loading Video...

-Batman: Arkham City

Starting at 19m29s we see Batman take on dozens of well-armed thugs, a TITAN user, Clayface disguised as Joker, and Mr. Hammer, and he comes out on top. I've already been over the TITAN users physicals, but Mr. Hammer is also a bonafide superhuman. He was able to match a pissed off Croc in a prolonged fight, and I've already been over Croc physicals. I don't see Cap being able to defeat that man well-equipped fodder and superhumans of that caliber at the same time, at a certain point, he'd get overwhelmed, yet Batman handles it without much difficulty. But Bruce can hang with people who would mop the floor with Cap, like Bane:

Loading Video...

-Batman: Arkham Origins

In their first-ever fight, no winner is decided, but it is clear that Batman can hurt even an on Venom Bane, and overall they seemed to be more or less dead even, even when Bane had multiple thugs helping him. However this was just their first encounter, and they have had many since then:

Loading Video...

-Batman: Arkham Asylum

Starting at 4m18s we see Batman and Bane clash once again, and yet again Batman holds his own despite Bane having large amounts of backup, and this time Batman wins, granted it's only by BFRing Bane with the Batmobile, but regardless Bruce was shown to be able to match Bane, and give him a hard time in pure H2H, but Bats has performed better than this on several occasions:

Loading Video...

-Batman: Arkham Origins

As you can see during their fight from 1m38s to 5m50s Batman actually manages to defeat and on Venom Bane using his H2H skill and his standard gear. What makes this so ridiculously impressive is the fact that an on Venom Arkham Bane is actually pretty close to MCU Hulk in terms of physicals. I've already shown him hurl cars hundreds of feet away, but he also has obscenely impressive striking. He was shown plowing through walls {1}{2} and ragdolling police cars {1}{2}{3}{4} with casual hits in the same instance. He also showed that he could produce room level shockwaves with his strikes, and even off Venom he could destroy thick steel prison doors. And Bane's durability is also insane, he tanked the Batmobile slamming into him at full speed with no damage, twice, he also easily tanked dozens-hundreds of tons of raw concrete slamming on him at high speeds. And contrary to popular belief Arkham Bane is not just a brutish tank, he has displayed impressive skill in the past. He easily fodderizes three other trained giants at the same time, dealing with multiple attacks at once and targeting weak points, overall showing a fairly high level of skill. So dropping Bane in H2H whilst taking on dozens of other thugs at the same time is pretty insane, since he dwarfs Cap in physicals, dishing out blows that could one shot Steve and easily tanking attacks that would turn the first avenger into mush, and Bane actually has a decently impressive level of skill and speed as well. Bane alone would dominate Cap, give Bane backup, and it's just a straight up curbstomp.

Not only can Batan deal with high-level superhumans, but he can also drop fairly skilled named opponents:

In Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, and Batman: Assault on Arkham Bruce is consistently shown to be able to effortlessly curbstomp Harley in 1v1 combat with a single move. And Harley actually is fairly skilled, she casually murdered a group of TYGER guards in seconds and was shown using her acrobatics to wreck the SWAT at Arkham Asylum. While she obviously isn't a real threat to Cap, she would certainly provide as an annoyance given her high level of skill, yet to Batman, she is hardly even a thought. But he can deal with far more skilled characters than Harley, such as Azeral:

Even though Micheal had an edge since he cheapshotted Bruce, Batman still effortlessly curbstomped him in only two moves. And Azeral is very impressive. He's strong enough to casually snap a large steel sword in half, skilled enough to stomp large groups of well-armed military operative on multiple occasions {1}{2}, and durable enough to tank blows from Bane. I think Azeral is could pose a fairly significant threat to Cap, and could probably take a couple of rounds out of ten, yet against Batman Micheal is nothing but fodder. But Bruce has even better feats than these:

Here a beaten down, poisoned, exhausted, holding back Batman curbstomps a bloodlusted, in his prime Jason in only a could of moves, ultimately deciding to spare him. And Arkham Knight isn't the pathetic child that Batman makes him look like in this instance, but rather he is an extremely skilled trained killer. He's strong enough to casually kick two thick metal van doors right off their hinges, and tear an on Venom Bane's throat out, durable enough to a massive beating from Bane, and skilled/fast/agile enough to wreck dozens of enemies without being touched once. Overall based on the feats I provided I would say that Jason and Cap are on the same level, and a fight between them could go either way, yet Batman treats Jason like nothing more than fodder.

The skill gap is just massive, and I mean massive, and that's really why I believe that a fight between MCU Cap and Arkham Batman, really isn't close at all.

Speed

Now that I've shown that Cap isn't even on Batman's tier skill-wise, you'll probably claim that Cap can still keep up in CQC via his enhanced speed, however, Batman is actually significantly faster than MCU Cap. IIRC Steve's best quantifiable reaction feat is blocking a grenade launcher round after it was fired, well Bruce can casually replicate that:

Batman is shown casually moving his whole body to dodge grenade launches long after they've been fired, even at fairly close range, and it even seems like Bruce can move at comparable speed to the round. This is better than any of Cap's quantifiable reaction feats and it's Bruce's lowest end. And Bruce has plenty of other impressive reaction feats:

Here Bruce perceives throwing knives in slow motion and actually moves his head/upper body faster than the knives themselves. What makes this feat highly impressive is the fact that these knives were thrown with enough speed to embed the knives deep into the stone behind Batman. And even for trained knife throwers, it can be hard to get the knives to penetrate a thin wooden board and stone is dozens of times denser than wood, so logically these knives would've needed to be thrown dozens of times faster than normal, yet Batman still outpaced them and perceived them in slow motion. But Bruce can dodge even faster projectiles than these:

One & Two: Long after two RPGs have been fired, and are now only about 20 feet away, Bruce reacts fast enough to aim and shoot his grappling hook all before the RPGs manage to cover roughly 20 feet. (Batman: Arkham Knight #14)Three: Batman leaps out of the way of two RPGs after they've been fired by Jason, but most impressively he actually moves at roughly comparable speeds to the projectile. (Batman: Arkham Knight)

Keep in mind that RPGs are incredibly fast, in flight they move at roughly 300 m/s, which is almost 90% the speed of sound, is roughly 3 times faster than compound bow arrows, and is roughly 4 times faster than the average grenade launcher. So these are reaction feats that I doubt Steve could replicate.

Now let's see how Bruce performs against bullets, for this post I'll just cover his aim dodging feats:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

One: Bruce aim blocks handgun bullets with his cape at close range. (Batman: Arkham Unhinged #37) Two: Batman outruns the aim of an automated machine gun. (Batman: Arkham City #4) Three: Here Batman moves with far too much sped and agility for multiple trained SWAT officers to track or tag with their machine guns. While Cap could replicate the previous two feats I don't think that he's fast, effective, or agile enough to replicate this one. (Batman: Assault on Arkham) Four: At point blank range Bruce aim dodges a shot from Deadshot. And Cap doesn't have a hope in hell of doing this, as DS is accurate to a stupidly impossible degree, so aim dodging him is a pretty insane feat. (Batman: Arkham Unhinged #31) Five: In this instance, Batman aim dodges 9 trained shooters with machine guns at point-blank range inside a very confined space, and manages to blitz 4 of them without getting tagged once. This is outside the capabilities of any MCU street leveler, period. (Batman: Arkham Knight) Six: Here Bats aim dodges dozens of machine gun shots from Deadshot, and actually manages to beat him in a ranged battle using his standard gear batarangs. (Batman: Assault on Arkham)

Overall, reaction speed wise, I think it's fairly clear that Batman holds a significant edge, but what about combat speed?

Batman: Assault on Arkham
Batman: Assault on Arkham

I know you've already seen this feat many times, but this is also a phenomenal combat speed feat, it really doesn't take much explanation, visually you can just see how fast he's moving, and we clearly see him blitzing soldiers before they can get a shot off.

Here Bruce blitzes four highly trained military level mercenaries before any of them can react, covering dozens of feet before any of them can even move even a couple of feet to block him. What makes this even more impressive is the fact that Bruce manages to work around all of their high-level military-grade gear, such as ballistic shields and electric prods. These feats are all of Bruce using his combat against large groups, let's see what he can do when he concentrates all his speed on one target:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

One & Two: Batman pummels Joker at obscene speeds, moving as more or less a blur of fists. (Batman: Arkham Origins) Three: Does the same to Ra's but this time even faster, you literally can't make out his arms as they move. (Batman: Arkham City) Four: This feat provides a clear-cut number for just how fast Batman is punching mid beatdown and its pretty insane. At the peak, it's roughly 10 full stroke blows per second. (Batman: Arkham City)

Cap can't keep up with Bruce in combat, and he can't block/counter hits like this, he'll just get pummeled, and considering Batman's striking, this will do very heavy damage to Cap, but what about Bruce defensive application of combat speed?

As you can see Batman is perfectly capable of dodging and blocking repeated high speed, skilled, acrobatic attacks, and he even manages to block and counter a sword strike fairly casually. He should be able to handle Cap's kicks and punches similarly, he has better feats that these though:

One: Using his gauntlets he blocks repeated super high-speed sword attacks from Ra's. (Batman: Arkham City) Two: Once again Bruce blocks blur speed staff attacks from Deathstroke. (Batman: Arkham Origins)

The speed gap is clearly fairly significant, Batman has faster reactions, and better combat speed, this will allow him to outreact Cap, blitz Cap, and block, dodge, and counter all of his attacks. This coupled with combat speed will mean that CQC will be a fairly one-sided affair.

Conclusion

This is not a particularly close fight at all, it's a borderline, if not a flat out, stomp. Physicals between the two are fairly close, but I just don't think that Cap is quite on Bruce's level of lifting, striking, or durability, though all three are fairly close. Really where Batman pulls ahead is in CQC. Skillwise Cap simply can't hope to compete, he doesn't have the agility or raw combat fluidity to hold Bruce at bay, nor does he have the martial skill or combat knowledge to match Bats in pure skill. Batman absolutely annihilates Steve in the skill section, and speed doesn't help Cap much either. Bruce is crazy fast, reaction wise he can casually dodge and move at comparable speeds to very fast projectiles like RPGs and has shown aim dodging capabilities that Cap could only dream of. Not to mention Batman's combat speed, which allows him to blitz down groups of guards with ridiculous levels of agility, fluidity, and speed before they can react, deliver pummelings with his arms moving as nothing more than a blur, and block barrages of crazy fast attacks. Overall in CQC Batman will be dancing around and pummeling Cap, and given the fact that he already has a physical advantage, this will be a fairly short fight.

I'll get into Bruce's best showings and gear in my later posts, but this should suffice for now. @the_magister the ball's in your court now mate.

#27 Posted by Riddlerfan77 (5131 posts) - - Show Bio

YES

No Caption Provided

#28 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Riddlerfan77 (5131 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by CreoleCuddy (583 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Oreoghoul (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Oreoghoul (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Riddlerfan77 (5131 posts) - - Show Bio

@creolecuddy: Reading Panther's post makes me feel like a noob, so much detail and effort put into them lol.

#35 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Kevd4wg (9527 posts) - - Show Bio

Rip Magister

Press F to pay respects

F

#37 Edited by EmpressOfDread (10579 posts) - - Show Bio

Press F to pay respects

F

#38 Edited by Kirkseven (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

good god...

tag after every post pls

#39 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Kirkseven (1343 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Slade-Prime (752 posts) - - Show Bio

As a hardcore player of the arkham games, i can say he is a god in a bat suit!

#43 Posted by Michaelbn (421 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

Even many says Origins sucks some of his best feats with great quality belongs to that.

#44 Posted by KalKent (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

f

#45 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by The_Magister (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: Very nice.

Here's my rebuttal: Batman sux.

JK, I'll get it up at some point.

#47 Posted by Amcu (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: That was an excellent post. Really I had no idea Arkham Bruce was this OP.

Tag after every post. Interested to see how Magister will counter.

#48 Posted by blackpantherisb (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by ANTHP2000 (20715 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: Excellent post. You've done Bruce justice, people underrate this version so much.

#50 Posted by TitanConsumed (255 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.