• 51 results
Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Joewell911

Warning, this CaV will have tons of vulgarity within the feats. Viewer discretion is advised.

"He's gonna take you back to the past!"

Represented by @joewell
Represented by @joewell

VS

"Yeeart!"

Represented by @banthabot
Represented by @banthabot

The Rulebook

• Both combatants are in-character with morals on, but both are determined to win.
  • Basic knowledge for both, but no prep.
  • The match is won when the opponent has been killed, knocked out, or incapacitated.
  • Both have composite feats, including all movies, comics, novels, etc.
  • Both can use anything they've used before in this fight, summons included.

The Level

No Caption Provided
  • The fight takes place here.
  • They start 25 feet apart.
  • There are no other people in the area.
  • No Battlefield Removal.

Challenge A Viner Rules

• Do not start extra arguments, post unnecessary scans/videos or interfere in the debate itself in any way. If you wish to inform either of us on anything important or correct us on a point, send us a private message.
  • If any of the above is excessively broken, we may request a mod to assist.
  • Your vote should be decided based on the debating quality and abilities of the participants. Not necessarily on the characters they are representing.
  • A reason for your voting choice would be greatly appreciated too.
  • Regular posting/commenting is fine.
  • As always, may the best debaters win.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: looks good. I can't wait to get this under way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: if you're still cool with me going first I can have my opener up as early as tomorrow morning

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: if you're still cool with me going first I can have my opener up as early as tomorrow morning

Sweet. I'll prepare until then. I have some rewatching to do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Im not going to lie. I have been looking forward to this match for a long time. So let get started.

Ladies and gentlemen allow me to introduce to you, Ninja Slayer!

No Caption Provided

List of abilities:

• Superhuman Strength
  • Superhuman Speed/Reaction
  • Superhuman Endurance
  • Advanced Martial Arts
  • Surikens
  • Teleportation
  • Telekinesis

Backstory

Fujikido Kenji was nothing more than an average saleryman trying to support his family. But then his house was caught in the cross fire in a Ninja turf war. His wife and son were killed before his very eyes by a group of ninjas, and Fujikido was left on the brink of death. In his dying moments his rage towards ninjas boiled over. His rage was so great that it summoned the spirit of Naraku Ninja, the spirit of the Ninja Slayer. Fujikido accepted Naraku's offer and allowed himself to be possessed by Naraku's soul. This transformed Fujikido into Ninja Slayer, the ninja who slays other ninjas.

Ninjas shall perish!

Physicals

Being a ninja, Ninja Slayer has enhanced strength, speed, and durability. All of which should be more than enough to take on AVGN.

Ninja Slayer's punches are so powerful that the shockwave they produce is enough to shatter stone stairs.(this isn't his greatest strength feat, but I think it is a good starting place.)

No Caption Provided

Ninja Slayer is completely bullet proof

No Caption Provided

And he is fast enough to pluck the wicks off of dozens of sticks of dynamite in tenths of a second.

No Caption Provided

As you can see, Ninja Slayer's strength, speed, and endurance are that of a true ninja. Angry Video Game Nerd, a non-ninja, has no hope to compare. Truly, Ninja Slayer has already won.

Martial Arts

Being a ninja obviously means that Ninja Slayer is a masterful martial artist. But, like all ninjas, he employs a special technique. Ninja Slayer's martial arts are ancient forms used in a dark time for all ninjas. He employs Dark Karate, Jiu-Jitsu, and Chado, all powerful and destructive martial arts that Ninja Slayer employs with mastery level skill.

No Caption Provided

It must also be accepted that his martial arts transcend that what you may think is humanly possible. How can the Nerd defend against an attack like is depicted below?

No Caption Provided

Even if AVGN were a masterful martial artist Ninja Slayer would still hold a massive skill advantage on him, but as far as I know AVGN does not know any martial arts. This leads me to believe that there really is no contest when it comes to H2H combat. Ninja Slayer will demolish in close quarters combat.

Suriken

Suriken's are a power not a part of his equipment. He can form surikens out of mid air in an instant ultimately giving him an unlimited supply of ammo.

No Caption Provided

A single suriken is powerful enough to decapitate four men at once.

No Caption Provided

But Ninja Slayer wont be throwing just one suriken at a time. The second lesson he ever learned from his master, the last real ninja alive, is that if 100 suriken doesn't work, you must then throw 1,000. Due to this Ninja Slayer is prone to suriken spamming and it is his primary method of ranged combat.

Two souls, one body

Another thing that is unique about Ninja Slayer is that he possesses two souls, that of Fujiko and Naraku. this provides a number of benefits. They can swap control over his body between each other. When Naraku is in charge Ninja Slayer is transformed into a ghoul looking creature with the power to shoot powerful streams of energy.

No Caption Provided

Another benefit of having two souls is that even when Fujikido is the one in control of the body, Naraku can still offer advice and warn him of things happening on different parts of the battlefield while Fujikido focuses on the battle. This gives Ninja Slayer a much wider range of awareness and makes it extremely difficult to take Ninja Slayer by surprise.

Initial Thoughts

The battle will begin with Ninja Slayer introducing himself. It is customary for combatants to great each other before a fight. When AVGN attacks Ninja Slayer without offering a greeting Ninja Slayer will know that AVGN is an opponent without honor and will be unlikely to show mercy from that point on.

Ninja Slayer should hold a hefty advantage in close range due to his martial arts and superior speed. His speed and short range teleportation will become crucial when AVGN finally busts out his giant form. Why I think Ninja Slayer wins? Because he should be able to evade and dodge most of the damage that AVGN is putting out while pushing a skill advantage.

This is just my initial assessment. Anyways, your turn :)

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AVGN! Show him the power of the sh*tty games!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Me too! Glad we could do this!

The Angry Video Game Nerd: Intro

No Caption Provided

Backstory:

It's all in the theme song!

Loading Video...

James Rolfe, the Angry Video Game Nerd, is a vulgar internet reviewer of old school games. He commonly finds himself having to physically defeat games and/or the characters from them, and in his years of doing so has displayed an impressive arrange of powers and abilities.

Physicals

One would think The Nerd would have little to no physical stats, seeing as he does little more than play video games all day. But in reality, he's quite superhuman and should easily be able to keep up with the enemy.

Strength

No Caption Provided

Here we can see James bringing the beat down to Jason Vorhees, someone who shrugs off bullets and can tear humans apart himself. Yet AVGN incaps him with nothing but a Nintendo Controller.

No Caption Provided

AVGN accurately throws a CD game in a complete circle around the world with just a flick of his wrist. This feat proves he is easily as strong as Ninja Slayer, if not more.

Speed

No Caption Provided

After some training with a ninja (We'll get to that in a sec.), AVGN has the speed and reactions to put his fingers in between the blades of a fan on it's highest speed.

No Caption Provided

He's also a bullet timer, even at close range.

Durability

If nothing else, AVGN's a survivor.

No Caption Provided

Is just blackened by two sticks of dynamite.

No Caption Provided

Is alive after ripping his own heart out, showing he can function without major organs.

As you can see, Ninja Slayer's strength, speed, and endurance are that of a true ninja. Angry Video Game Nerd, a non-ninja, has no hope to compare. Truly, Ninja Slayer has already won.

A non-ninja you say? While the Nerd may not be an official ninja, he has indeed met and received training from one.

Loading Video...

He knows well the techniques of a ninja, and his physicals are more than up to par.

Skill

It is true AVGN has no formal training, but he is extremely proficient in the ancient ways of Kicking Ass. He's killed powerful foes with nothing but his wits and skill. Some of the most notable are Bugs Bunny, the Nostalgia Critic, and ROB the Robot. If that doesn't prove he can keep up, nothing will.

Plus, he's Batman.

Powers and Weaponry

Oh, cool, you have some magic blade things. But that's nothing compared to James' vast arsonal.

Powers

Why does AVGN have powers? Who knows man. All I know is that he does, and he has a lot.

Clearly, AVGN takes the edge in the DC category.

Gear

Along with his natural talents, The Nerd is armed to his teeth with weaponry based off of old video game accessories.

So along with his wide range of powers, he has a bunch of gear that amps him even more.

Super Mecha Death Christ

Need I say more?
Need I say more?

Super Mecha Death Christ 2000 BC Version 4.0 Beta is James' ally in combat who often comes to help with battles too tough for AVGN on his own.

To the battle he brings guns, missiles, explosions, and just general badassery. Just watch this and you'll understand.

Loading Video...

I wouldn't blame you if you want to forfeit now.

Counters

Comparing Stats

Ninja Slayer's punches are so powerful that the shockwave they produce is enough to shatter stone stairs.(this isn't his greatest strength feat, but I think it is a good starting place.)

That isn't bad, but it's not anywhere near as impressive as James slinging a disk all the way around the Earth. Until you prove otherwise, AVGN has a huge advantage in strength.

Ninja Slayer is completely bullet proof

Not bad, but AVGN's weaponry is far past that. He'll be able to hurt him no problem.

And he is fast enough to pluck the wicks off of dozens of sticks of dynamite in tenths of a second.

Now you probably think Ninja Slayer has some kind of huge advantage in speed, don't you? I wouldn't agree with this. AVGN's fan and bullet timing and ninja training should be enough to allow him to keep up. He might have a little bit better speed, but it's nothing game changing.

Even if AVGN were a masterful martial artist Ninja Slayer would still hold a massive skill advantage on him, but as far as I know AVGN does not know any martial arts. This leads me to believe that there really is no contest when it comes to H2H combat. Ninja Slayer will demolish in close quarters combat.

I have two reasons this is invalid.

First, AVGN is a great fighter. He's brought down opponents I doubt Ninja Slayer could and is has ridiculous endurance that'll allow him to keep fighting no matter what. Combine that with his gear and he'll be able to survive a close combat encounter.

Second, why would he ever get close? AVGN, while suited up, has more than enough means to keep Ninja Slayer constantly on his feet and away from him. Throw in his flight and I don't see it getting that far.

How can the Nerd defend against an attack like is depicted below?

He'd probably just shoot him in the face while he's explaining his attack.

But Ninja Slayer wont be throwing just one suriken at a time. The second lesson he ever learned from his master, the last real ninja alive, is that if 100 suriken doesn't work, you must then throw 1,000. Due to this Ninja Slayer is prone to suriken spamming and it is his primary method of ranged combat.

Can he do that?

Even if he can, I don't see why AVGN can't just dodge. They don't move faster than bullets.

And if he ever gets overwhelmed, he'll just get behind his cape until NS stops.

No Caption Provided

Another thing that is unique about Ninja Slayer is that he possesses two souls, that of Fujiko and Naraku. this provides a number of benefits. They can swap control over his body between each other. When Naraku is in charge Ninja Slayer is transformed into a ghoul looking creature with the power to shoot powerful streams of energy.

Interesting indeed, but it shouldn't change too much. Those energy beams can be reflected, tanked, or dodged.

Thoughts Counters

The battle will begin with Ninja Slayer introducing himself. It is customary for combatants to great each other before a fight. When AVGN attacks Ninja Slayer without offering a greeting Ninja Slayer will know that AVGN is an opponent without honor and will be unlikely to show mercy from that point on.

Ninja Slayer should hold a hefty advantage in close range due to his martial arts and superior speed. His speed and short range teleportation will become crucial when AVGN finally busts out his giant form. Why I think Ninja Slayer wins? Because he should be able to evade and dodge most of the damage that AVGN is putting out while pushing a skill advantage.

Who says AVGN wouldn't greet him? I mean, it probably wouldn't be the kindest thing, but I doubt AVGN would just ignore him.

I've given my thoughts on close range combat and why it isn't happening. His flight and weaponry will keep it from getting that far.

Why do you think he can dodge everything? I mean, look at this:

No Caption Provided

Where exactly is Ninja Slayer gonna dodge too? It'll just be a non-stop torrent of explosions, so I'm not seeing how ninja Slayer will evade.

How The Fight Goes Down

It starts, Ninja Slayer greets him and AVGN tosses an insult ("Eat sh!t and die, ninja f*cker!!") and the fight commences.

Instantly, NS will be met with explosions. Then more explosions. And after that, even more explosions. From the blaster, zapper, Laser Scope, hadoukens, ice beams, sonic booms, etc. I'm honestly not sure how in Super Mecha Death Christ's name he'll survive the initial assault.

Speaking of Super Mecha Death Christ, even if he does get past the first wave of attacks, what do you think is gonna happen? Exactly. Our Super Mecha Death Lord and Savior will be summoned and double the quantity of explosions. Ninja Slayer definitely won't be surviving this.

But if he is somehow to survive and get close enough to actually harm AVGN, he still won't get far. Sure, he might get some hits in, but then AVGN will either just fly away and shoot him some more or activate his giant form. And if he does the latter, oh boy.

It's everything I said before, but times 100. The explosions will be bigger and even more deadly. Each would take up a city block, and there would be dozens.

It's a good fight, but I just don't see Ninja Slayer overcoming The Nerd's mass DC and versatility here. He'll be destroyed like every other sh!itty video game James fights.

Your turn!

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is full of awesomeness.

Jucaslucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I almost forgot how much toon force this kind of reviewers had. Now I want to make a CaV with Nostalgia Critic.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch, AVGN is a high-tier reality warper who killed Satan and Rob the Robot.

TheElderGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheElderGod

AVGN equals Bugs in power, mismatch

Jucaslucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v, btw.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jacthripper

Oh dog

these semi-serious semi-comedic CaVs are amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: hey man. I tried to get my post up this morning but I kept encountering trouble. I dont have time anymore today so I dont know exactly when it will get put up anymore. Just a heads up to let you know that im not ducking out on the debate

CadeV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is full of awesomeness.

Oh dog

these semi-serious semi-comedic CaVs are amazing

The fact that the two guys are taking time to make gifs, and show the crazyness of this shit is just, wow, Im at a lost of words. James would be proud though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadev1: We need to send him a link to this when it's done lol.

CadeV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: That's fine, take as long as you need!

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911:Alrighty it looks like I may be able to get it up today after all. So let the epicness continue!

No Caption Provided

Before we begin counters

I apologize for doing this. There is something that I should have had in my opener but I completely neglected to add it in, so I am tagging it on here. I know it is inconvenient and I am sorry :(

I completely forgot to mention Ninja Slayer's rope! Oh yes, AVGN is bring all kinds of lasers guns and explosives to the battle field and Ninja Slayer is bringing a rope. But don't be fooled, this is a rope built for a true ninja, so it is sure to be bad ass.

The first thing to note is that it has multiple attachments and uses. It has a grappling hook for latching onto the environment, a Spartan tailhook for physically attacking opponents...

No Caption Provided

and can be used to grapple opponents at a distance.

No Caption Provided

Now your probably thinking that since this is just a rope it will be easy to destroy, but you would be wrong. It is a rope built to withstand ninja combat and ninja's in this universe all superhuman

No Caption Provided

That isn't enough for you? Well then lets look at some more tangible proof that this rope isn't ordinary.

No Caption Provided

That is a very large robot that Ninja Slayer is spinning above his head with masterful skill. The tension and stress being put on that rope is immense! A normal rope would have broken long ago, but this rope holds fast. Surely this is a rope worthy of a true ninja master like Ninja Slayer.

Strength Counters

AVGN accurately throws a CD game in a complete circle around the world with just a flick of his wrist. This feat proves he is easily as strong as Ninja Slayer, if not more.

That...is...very impressive. I wasn't expecting that kind of strength from AVGN. But Ninja Slayer is also ridiculously strong. Here he displays the true strength of a ninja when he punches Laomoto so hard that he is sent flying a vast distance.

No Caption Provided

This is especially impressive because Laomoto is a huge person.

No Caption Provided

Yes that is a normal sized human on the bottom of his boot.

Now I am not going to pretend like this is somehow greater than throwing an object the whole way around the planet, but it is still an extremely impressive display of strength. Ninja Slayer's attacks will be enough to harm AVGN. His strength doesn't need to beat AVGN's own, all he needs to do is beat AVGN's durability. While AVGN is certainly stronger, that advantage is largely nullified by Ninja Slayer possessing both greater speed and skill (I will get to that later on)

Speed counters

AVGN has the speed and reactions to put his fingers in between the blades of a fan on it's highest speed.

That is certainly impressive. It is a feat that rivals the one that I provided, although I would still give my feat the edge as Ninja Slayer had to move his entire body and AVGN only had to move his hands. Not that any of that matters.

He's also a bullet timer, even at close range.

Bullet timing feats are always impressive, and AVGN's speed is defiantly prodigious, but it still falls short when compared to Ninja Slayer who has bullet timed as well, only better.

He has dodged large amounts of automatic machine gun fire...

No Caption Provided

Minigun fire...

No Caption Provided

And has done this...

That is impressive for several reasons. Ninja Slayer is dodging laser fire, creating multiple after images, and states that blowing up missiles is like swatting bugs. Really im not sure AVGN has any speed feats that can compare to this. Im pretty sure Ninja Slayer takes the edge here. YEEART!

Durability Counters

Not bad, but AVGN's weaponry is far past that. He'll be able to hurt him no problem

Honestly, both our characters are really quite durable. But I still think Ninja Slayer is the more durable. While AVGN can hold a stick of dynamite no problem, our ninja hero can tank repeated punches to the face from Laomoto.

No Caption Provided

And Laomoto is not joke. The force from Laomoto and Ninja Slayer clashing was enough to send shockwaves throughout an entire skyscraper.

No Caption Provided

^also counts as Ninja Slayer strength feat.

But any damage Ninja Slayer does take he can just power through. He has been impaled the whole way through three times and then fell into a pit of metal spikes and he still kept fighting.

No Caption Provided

It is going to take quite a bit from AVGN to put Ninja Slayer down and keep him down, and that is not good news for you because Ninja Slayer will be dodging the bulk of your attacks.

Skill counters

A non-ninja you say? While the Nerd may not be an official ninja, he has indeed met and received training from one

You call that a ninja? His karate is weak. Ninja Slayer and his ridiculously long scarf are unimpressed.

No Caption Provided

But in all honesty, Ninja Slayer is exactly what his name implies, a killer of ninjas. Having a little bit of ninja training does not make you prepared to face his pure refined skill. Ninja Slayer has single handedly defeated an entire syndicate of ninjas, all of whom have superhuman abilities and skill. AVGN trained for a short time with a regular ninja, someone who Ninja Slayer could and would kill in a heartbeat. AVGN's ninja training doesn't really do much at all to make him ready to fight Ninja Slayer.

It is true AVGN has no formal training, but he is extremely proficient in the ancient ways of Kicking Ass. He's killed powerful foes with nothing but his wits and skill. Some of the most notable are Bugs Bunny, the Nostalgia Critic, and ROB the Robot. If that doesn't prove he can keep up, nothing will.

Plus, he's Batman.

All of this is rather impressive, I wont lie but it still doesn't put AVGN's skill above, equal to, or even close to Ninja Slayers own. Being Batman is probably the best thing he has going for him skill wise as Batman is an extremely good martial artist. But all of what Batman does martial arts wise is in the realm of plausible, or at the very least tries to be. Ninja Slayer's martial arts however blatantly break the laws of physics.

No Caption Provided

AVGN has little chance in beating Ninja Slayer in close quarters, for only one of them is a true ninja master. YEEART!

Suriken

Can he do that?

Even if he can, I don't see why AVGN can't just dodge. They don't move faster than bullets.

And if he ever gets overwhelmed, he'll just get behind his cape until NS stops.

Joe! You doubt the Ninja Slayer? I thought you of all people would know better!

But to answer you question, no. Ninja Slayer cannot throw 1000 surikens. He can throw thousands!

No Caption Provided

With AVGN's speed I can see him dodging two or three suriken if Ninja Slayer was not spamming them. But if Ninja Slayer were spamming them I don't see how AVGN could dodge a barrage of thousands like Ninja Slayer is capable of. At that point AVGN's best option would be to hide behind his cape, and that is a bad idea for a few reasons. It means AVGN has to turn his back to Ninja Slayer. This means AVGN has to break off his assault of crazy explosions and lasers, giving Ninja Slayer time to breath and room to operate. And it also means he has to take his eyes off Ninja Slayer, enabling a counter attack.

What I see happening is AVGN hiding behind his cape just for Ninja Slayer to teleport right in front of him and before the Nerd can say "Oh, balls..." Ninja Slayer whacks him on the head with a powerful karate chop. YEEART!

Massive Arsenal

Where exactly is Ninja Slayer gonna dodge too? It'll just be a non-stop torrent of explosions, so I'm not seeing how ninja Slayer will evade.

That is undoubtedly a lot of explosions. But Ninja Slayer has already dodged attacks of this nature before. I already showed you the scans of him dodging lasers and destroying missiles. The problem that the Nerd will be facing is tagging Ninja Slayer. Ninja Slayer won't be standing still... he has fought in environments like this before and he is used to bouncing from building to building. His combat and reaction speed is up to snuff for dodging lasers as is but his ground movement speed is ridiculous. He has been able to momentarily match the speed of a nuclear explosion.

No Caption Provided

The Nerd will be having a lot of trouble hitting Ninja Slayer with him running and jumping all over the place, and while he does he will be returning fire with his own ranged surikens. Your going to need to prove that AVGN can hit Ninja Slayer repeatedly before you can boast victory over Ninja Slayer.

Other counters

Second, why would he ever get close? AVGN, while suited up, has more than enough means to keep Ninja Slayer constantly on his feet and away from him. Throw in his flight and I don't see it getting that far.

Ninja Slayer doesn't have to run at AVGN in a straight line, he has plenty of options to use to close the distance. He could use his rope to tangle or trip the Nerd buying Ninja Slayer the necessary time to close the distance.

Or he could use a body substitution Jitsu, and while AVGN is shooting at something that isn't Ninja Slayer he could sneak up on him.

No Caption Provided

Or he could simply teleport into close range like this.

No Caption Provided

He'd probably just shoot him in the face while he's explaining his attack.

I know this is an anime and often time anime characters will stand there for minutes on end explaining what they are about to do, but Ninja Slayer is not that type of anime character. When you are seeing an explanation to an attack it is the voice of a third person narrator who explains things to the audience. Ninja Slayer actually doesn't talk all to much in combat aside from "Yeeart!" and "Waashoi!". He does talk but it is a normal amount of banter.

Interesting indeed, but it shouldn't change too much. Those energy beams can be reflected, tanked, or dodged.

Honestly the most useful thing about Naraku is the additional awareness having his soul provides. That will be a huge asset to Ninja Slayer as he takes one two opponents at once. While Fujikido is busy dodging explosions Naraku will be able to keep track of Death Christ, making sure that Ninja slayer doesn't get overwhelmed by having to keep track of all those projectiles.

Who says AVGN wouldn't greet him? I mean, it probably wouldn't be the kindest thing, but I doubt AVGN would just ignore him.

Ah, yes. I forgot that this match has basic knowledge so AVGN would probably great Ninja Slayer, although I doubt he would do it in the usual manner that Ninja Slayer would expect.

New thoughts

As far as stats go I think it is pretty even. AVGN takes a handy edge in strength. Ninja Slayer has more raw survivability but the Nerd has more defensive items. And Ninja Slayer takes a handy edge in speed.

AVGN has the better ranged attack spam but Ninja Slayer has a pretty good ranged attack spam as well.

AVGN has a wider arsenal of deadly powers while Ninja Slayer is packing a lot more physics defying skill.

All in all this really is a close fight but the reason that Ninja Slayer wins is because of greater mobility and speed. All of those deadly weapons won't mean squat if the Nerd can't tag him with them more than a few times. Also with his twin souls watching his back he should be able to keep track of both AVGN and Death Christ at the same time.

Anyways these are just my thoughts.

No Caption Provided

Back to you :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: I was working on my post and my computer started acting up, because its ancient, and I was afraid I would loose my post again so I posted it incomplete. I was only missing the gifs so I edited in the gifs. Just letting you know what happened so you don't think I'm trying to pull something fishy.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: YEEART! (Gotta get that luck, yo!)

Great post, I'll get mine up late today or tomorrow if all goes well.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Joewell911

@banthabot: I'm back in action!

Round 2, FIGHT!

No Caption Provided

Rope

I apologize for doing this. There is something that I should have had in my opener but I completely neglected to add it in, so I am tagging it on here. I know it is inconvenient and I am sorry :(

Ugh, how could you?! What kind of pitiful human being does something like that?! Forgetting things? Disgraceful!

:P Don't sweat it, brahski. We all forget things.

I completely forgot to mention Ninja Slayer's rope! Oh yes, AVGN is bring all kinds of lasers guns and explosives to the battle field and Ninja Slayer is bringing a rope. But don't be fooled, this is a rope built for a true ninja, so it is sure to be bad ass.

A formidable rope it is, but it is but a rope regardless. It won't be a huge gamechanger.

That is a very large robot that Ninja Slayer is spinning above his head with masterful skill. The tension and stress being put on that rope is immense! A normal rope would have broken long ago, but this rope holds fast. Surely this is a rope worthy of a true ninja master like Ninja Slayer.

It breaking is not what Ninja Slayer will have to worry about, but about AVGN tearing it from his grip with his superior strength. If NS decides to throw the rope as he has done before, The Nerd could simply grab it and pull, leaving Slayer ropeless.

Strength

Now I am not going to pretend like this is somehow greater than throwing an object the whole way around the planet, but it is still an extremely impressive display of strength. Ninja Slayer's attacks will be enough to harm AVGN. His strength doesn't need to beat AVGN's own, all he needs to do is beat AVGN's durability. While AVGN is certainly stronger, that advantage is largely nullified by Ninja Slayer possessing both greater speed and skill (I will get to that later on)

I agree, but if AVGN does get a punch in it'll be devastating-possibly a one shot.

Speed

That is impressive for several reasons. Ninja Slayer is dodging laser fire, creating multiple after images, and states that blowing up missiles is like swatting bugs. Really im not sure AVGN has any speed feats that can compare to this. Im pretty sure Ninja Slayer takes the edge here. YEEART!

That was impressive, but my opinion on speed here pretty much remains the same.

I agree Ninja Slayer has the edge, but it isn't a massive one. It's countered by James' own solid speed, flight, and size manipulation-all of which lessen the advantage speed gives.

Durability

Honestly, both our characters are really quite durable. But I still think Ninja Slayer is the more durable. While AVGN can hold a stick of dynamite no problem, our ninja hero can tank repeated punches to the face from Laomoto.

That's not all The Nerd has.

1. Tanking Sith Lightning for an extended amount of time.
  2. Is just dizzy after an anvil is dropped on his head.
  3. Gets right up after he's electrocuted and shot by multiple lasers that one-shotted Mario.

It seems his durability increases when he's big too, considering he can tank explosions the size of a house and at most get pissed.

This doubles as a reactions feat too. He's dodged lasers that can cross an entire city in less than a second, which has to be several times the speed of sound.
This doubles as a reactions feat too. He's dodged lasers that can cross an entire city in less than a second, which has to be several times the speed of sound.

So I think they are pretty even, but like you said with strength, it doesn't really matter whether these two stats are even. Just if they can stand up to the opponent's attacks, and in James' case it certainly can. Ninja Slayer will have one hell of a time bringing down The Nerd, while he could take Slayer out far more quickly with his arsenal.

But any damage Ninja Slayer does take he can just power through. He has been impaled the whole way through three times and then fell into a pit of metal spikes and he still kept fighting.

Oh, you wanna talk about endurance? Just watch any of AVGN's fights. He's been punched, kicked, cut, burned, shocked, exploded, and shat on, but he always keeps fighting. His will is ridiculous!

Skill

But in all honesty, Ninja Slayer is exactly what his name implies, a killer of ninjas. Having a little bit of ninja training does not make you prepared to face his pure refined skill. Ninja Slayer has single handedly defeated an entire syndicate of ninjas, all of whom have superhuman abilities and skill. AVGN trained for a short time with a regular ninja, someone who Ninja Slayer could and would kill in a heartbeat. AVGN's ninja training doesn't really do much at all to make him ready to fight Ninja Slayer.

All I was saying is that AVGN isn't unfamiliar to ninjas. Will this make him automatically able to beat Ninja Slayer in a H2H confrontation? No. But he will be able to survive long enough fly away or grow in size.

Suriken

Joe! You doubt the Ninja Slayer? I thought you of all people would know better!

You're right. My mistrust was misplaced.

With AVGN's speed I can see him dodging two or three suriken if Ninja Slayer was not spamming them. But if Ninja Slayer were spamming them I don't see how AVGN could dodge a barrage of thousands like Ninja Slayer is capable of. At that point AVGN's best option would be to hide behind his cape, and that is a bad idea for a few reasons. It means AVGN has to turn his back to Ninja Slayer. This means AVGN has to break off his assault of crazy explosions and lasers, giving Ninja Slayer time to breath and room to operate. And it also means he has to take his eyes off Ninja Slayer, enabling a counter attack.

How will Ninja Slayer be able to accurately throw his surikens whilst trying to avoid dozens of explosions? Two or three will be all he can get off when there are huge booms and bangs going off all around him. I doubt he'd even be able to see AVGN through all the flashes and smoke they'll create, let alone aim and throw his weaponry. It's likely that in his attempt to do so, he'll stop and be vaporized. Using his surikens is too much of a risk with very little plausible reward.

AVGN never has to break off his assault of crazy explosions and lasers! All he has to do is swear and they'll be made. Plus Super Mecha Death Christ. That guy is an explosion making machine, litterally.

What I see happening is AVGN hiding behind his cape just for Ninja Slayer to teleport right in front of him and before the Nerd can say "Oh, balls..." Ninja Slayer whacks him on the head with a powerful karate chop. YEEART!

Even if this did happen, that wouldn't put down The Nerd. He'd be pushed back, probably swear, then he'd continue his assault. It would take multiple dozens of attacks to finally put him down, while the multitude of explosions could tear up Ninja Slayer in seconds.

The Arsenal

That is undoubtedly a lot of explosions. But Ninja Slayer has already dodged attacks of this nature before. I already showed you the scans of him dodging lasers and destroying missiles. The problem that the Nerd will be facing is tagging Ninja Slayer. Ninja Slayer won't be standing still... he has fought in environments like this before and he is used to bouncing from building to building. His combat and reaction speed is up to snuff for dodging lasers as is but his ground movement speed is ridiculous. He has been able to momentarily match the speed of a nuclear explosion.

The Nerd will be having a lot of trouble hitting Ninja Slayer with him running and jumping all over the place, and while he does he will be returning fire with his own ranged surikens. Your going to need to prove that AVGN can hit Ninja Slayer repeatedly before you can boast victory over Ninja Slayer.

Momentarily. But in the end, he was still overwhelmed. The same will happen here. He'll be able to dodge some, but eventually he'll be hit and it'll all go downhill.

You're acting like it's only one or two projectiles at once, but the amount that'll be coming at Ninja Slayer is more than he's ever faced before. Let's just count for a second.

1. Laser Scope
  2. NES Zapper #1
  3. NES Zapper #2
  4. Super Scope
  5. Ice Balls
  6. Eye Lasers
  7. Sonic Booms
  8. Hadoukens
  9. The explosions he can just generate with a glance or word.

That's 9! 9 types of projectiles, all of which are rapid fire. Then we throw in Super Mecha Death Christ.

1. Frontal Cannons
  2. Holy Eye Lasers
  3. Four Barrel Side Blasters
  4. Tank Laser
  5. Back Guns
  6. Other Back Guns
  7. Missile Launchers
  8. There's probably more. It's hard to count when you're looking at His Holiness in combat.

So, let's do some calcs here.

9 types of projectiles from James every 1/4 second (A serious lowball) + around 7 from Super Mecha Death Christ in the same time interval. Using the Patagonian Addition Method and counting the frames it takes for each shot to be launched we can get the appromate number of boom booms being launched.

Carry the two..

Divided by the Nth number of pi...

Subtract the participle..

And aha!

We get 7 metric f*cktons of projectiles!

What I'm trying to say here is that there will be lots more than you're accounting for, all of which are different. Ice balls, missiles, flame blasts, laser beams, electric blasts, explosions that spawn directly in front/on him, the list just goes on. They will quite literally be everywhere.

No Caption Provided

There won't be anywhere safe for Ninja Slayer to go where there won't be explosions. He won't be able to dodge, because wherever he tries to dodge to, they're is likely to be an explosive or other form of projectile. And this assault is constant. Neither James nor SUper Mecha Death Christ will have to stop until the job is done. So if Ninja Slayer stops moving for even a second (To get a sense of where he's at amidst the waves of explosions, throw a suriken, etc.), he'll be blown to smithereens.

Other

Ninja Slayer doesn't have to run at AVGN in a straight line, he has plenty of options to use to close the distance. He could use his rope to tangle or trip the Nerd buying Ninja Slayer the necessary time to close the distance.

If thrown at the Nerd, the rope would likely just be dodged or yanked from his hands. Not like he'd have a chance to throw it when he's so busy dodging.

Or he could use a body substitution Jitsu, and while AVGN is shooting at something that isn't Ninja Slayer he could sneak up on him.

The Nerd is no fool, he'll quickly notice that his opponent has escaped and be able to refocus fire on him.

You say he'll sneak, but where will he go off to? In the gif, he just jumped up. That wouldn't get him out of the blast radius in this fight. I doubt he could get far enough before James notices.

Or he could simply teleport into close range like this.

Well, that's what the cape is for.

If he teleports in front, James can just blast him or fly up.

Even if this did work, James wouldn't die from it. He'd continue and hit the now very close Ninja Slayer.

I know this is an anime and often time anime characters will stand there for minutes on end explaining what they are about to do, but Ninja Slayer is not that type of anime character. When you are seeing an explanation to an attack it is the voice of a third person narrator who explains things to the audience. Ninja Slayer actually doesn't talk all to much in combat aside from "Yeeart!" and "Waashoi!". He does talk but it is a normal amount of banter.

Oooooh, I see.

Even so, it isn't instant. James could shoot him while he's traveling forward, or just fly backward.

Honestly the most useful thing about Naraku is the additional awareness having his soul provides. That will be a huge asset to Ninja Slayer as he takes one two opponents at once. While Fujikido is busy dodging explosions Naraku will be able to keep track of Death Christ, making sure that Ninja slayer doesn't get overwhelmed by having to keep track of all those projectiles.

Just because he knows they're there, doesn't mean he can avoid them. I've already been over why not above, but being able to see his oncoming death won't stop it from being his death.

Your New Thoughts and My Own

As far as stats go I think it is pretty even. AVGN takes a handy edge in strength. Ninja Slayer has more raw survivability but the Nerd has more defensive items. And Ninja Slayer takes a handy edge in speed.

Other than survivability, I'd agree.

AVGN has the better ranged attack spam but Ninja Slayer has a pretty good ranged attack spam as well.

That he'll not be likely to use due to all the projectiles he's attempting to dodge.

AVGN has a wider arsenal of deadly powers while Ninja Slayer is packing a lot more physics defying skill.

Fair enough.

All in all this really is a close fight but the reason that Ninja Slayer wins is because of greater mobility and speed. All of those deadly weapons won't mean squat if the Nerd can't tag him with them more than a few times. Also with his twin souls watching his back he should be able to keep track of both AVGN and Death Christ at the same time.

I agree that this is close, but The Angry Video Game Nerd will be edging one out here.

Ninja Slayers only two advantages are easily countered by The Nerd's own powers. His skill is nullified by range and the fact he won't be able to get close without taking a lot of his and his speed is out do to flight and AVGN's ability to be several thousand feet tall.

It'll be next to impossible to not hit Ninja Slayer with the hundreds of projectiles AVGN and Super Mecha Death Christ will be pushing out every minute.

I also feel you didn't pay Super Mecha Death Christ and James growing enough attention.

Not only will Super Mecha Death Christ (I refuse to shorten his name. It's too epic for abbreviations.) provide bonus damage output, but he's a formidable fighter on his own and Ninja Slayer will have to go through him if he wants a chance at hurting James. That will be a problems though. He'll have a lot of trouble getting close, and even once he does Super Mecha Death Christ will be able to live a while. The guy was tanking fire blasts from Satan and could even defeat him with all of his booms.

No Caption Provided

Then there's the size changing. You haven't even touched much on this, when it's really a huge part of the battle (HA). It'll multiply the size and AoE of the projectiles 100 fold, as well as heavily increase his durability. How would Ninja Slayer hurt him, let alone dodge his attacks then?

Imma go die now, because this post is taking forever. Though I'm enjoying every second of it, I gots life things to do. Passing the torch!

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: great post as always. How many rounds of counters you up to doing? I find it best to plan ahead

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: great post as always. How many rounds of counters you up to doing? I find it best to plan ahead

Thanks!

One more counters apiece, then conclusions is what I reccomend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: sorry bro. Was planning to do it tomorrow morning

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: S'all good. Just making sure you don't forget (Like you did with the rope :P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: I got called into work this morning so then post will have to wait another day :/

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: I understand. Thanks for letting me know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Banthabot is back in the hizouse!

Im sorry, I will never do that again.

No Caption Provided

Rope Counters

It breaking is not what Ninja Slayer will have to worry about, but about AVGN tearing it from his grip with his superior strength. If NS decides to throw the rope as he has done before, The Nerd could simply grab it and pull, leaving Slayer ropeless.

Disarming Ninja Slayer of his rope is a good plan, but an unlikely one. If AVGN were to grab a hold of the rope he could defiantly disarm Ninja Slayer, but I would like to know what hand AVGN would be using to grab said rope. Both of his hands are occupied with holding weapons so in order to grab the rope he would need to drop one of his guns, which is a trade in Ninja Slayer's favor. Ninja Slayer's rope isn't all that important to his victory over the Nerd, but AVGN needs all the guns he has to overwhelm Ninja Slayer. Instead AVGN would loose some fire power making it easier for Ninja Slayer to put him on the ropes. (See what i did there?) That isn't taking into account that Ninja Slayer is throwing this rope at his ankles so AVGN has to bend over to catch the rope. All of this makes catching and disarming Ninja Slayer of his rope a highly unlikely scenario.

AVGN's last option is to evade which is a lot more plausible but is not guaranteed to work due to Ninja Slayer's speed advantage.

Speed Counters (Reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's)

Momentarily. But in the end, he was still overwhelmed. The same will happen here. He'll be able to dodge some, but eventually he'll be hit and it'll all go downhill.

You are missing the part of that feat where Ninja Slayer is worn out from fighting several battles before hand. Ninja Slayer is at full strength in this fight and won't tire out so quickly.

I agree Ninja Slayer has the edge, but it isn't a massive one. It's countered by James' own solid speed, flight, and size manipulation-all of which lessen the advantage speed gives.

You also said...

You're acting like it's only one or two projectiles at once, but the amount that'll be coming at Ninja Slayer is more than he's ever faced before. Let's just count for a second.

1. Laser Scope
  2. NES Zapper #1
  3. NES Zapper #2
  4. Super Scope
  5. Ice Balls
  6. Eye Lasers
  7. Sonic Booms
  8. Hadoukens
  9. The explosions he can just generate with a glance or word.

That's 9! 9 types of projectiles, all of which are rapid fire. Then we throw in Super Mecha Death Christ.

1. Frontal Cannons
  2. Holy Eye Lasers
  3. Four Barrel Side Blasters
  4. Tank Laser
  5. Back Guns
  6. Other Back Guns
  7. Missile Launchers
  8. There's probably more. It's hard to count when you're looking at His Holiness in combat.

So, let's do some calcs here.

9 types of projectiles from James every 1/4 second (A serious lowball) + around 7 from Super Mecha Death Christ in the same time interval. Using the Patagonian Addition Method and counting the frames it takes for each shot to be launched we can get the appromate number of boom booms being launched.

Carry the two..

Divided by the Nth number of pi...

Subtract the participle..

And aha!

We get 7 metric f*cktons of projectiles!

Your a mathematic genius! But all of that math is for nothing because Ninja Slayer has dodged similar amounts of projectiles before. Don't believe me? You should know me better by now. I don't say things like this unless I have a feat to back it up.

No Caption Provided

This feat is before Naraku's soul started watching his back during combat, and that is also without Ninja Slayer running and jumping around from building to building with acrobatic mastery. AVGN can kill Satan, he can defiantly kill Ninja Slayer but he has to hit him first but Ninja Slayer is just way to good at dodging projectiles. He isn't going to make it easy for AVGN, this is going to be the hardest part of the battle for the Nerd.

Super Size

Alright. I haven't touched on the Nerds size manipulation yet so I better do that now. First I would like to acknowledge the benefits of being the size of a skyscraper, this power is game changing in the Nerds favor. Im not going to hide that fact but it will be something that Ninja Slayer can over come.

However, you have not acknowledged the potential weaknesses of being 100 stories tall. First of all is that Ninja Slayer is a smaller target, and while your wider AoE might make you think it will be easier to catch Ninja Slayer in an explosion and pulverize him, you are effectively shooting at an ant with a machine gun. The difference being that ant can run as fast as a nuke, and teleport. It will be hard for AVGN to keep track of Ninja Slayer. How will AVGN pulverize him if he doesn't know where Ninja Slayer is. They are fighting in a huge city, there are plenty of places to hide.

The other thing is that being this size has a negative effect on his durability. Sure AGVN can tank attacks fine when they are proportionate to his size but now all the force of Ninja Slayer's punches are focused on a very tiny part of AVGN's body. Ninja Slayer's punches don't increase in force, but the force in his punches aren't spread out across the Nerds body. This effectively turns it from being hit with a punch to being hit with a bullet (smaller than a bullet actually, a pin is more like it)

But if that doesn't convince you well then Ninja Slayer has been able to affect objects of AVGN's size before. I already showed you how him clashing with Laomoto sent shockwaves through a skyscraper, but Ninja Slayer has already punched Laomoto so hard that it caused an that very same skyscraper to explode!

No Caption Provided

Now imagine all that force being put into the size of a pinhead. Ninja Slayer has his own advantages when AVGN busts out this power.

Durability Counters

I agree, but if AVGN does get a punch in it'll be devastating-possibly a one shot.

First off, AVGN will not be able to land that one punch because of the crazy difference in skill and speed. Secondly I can see the same thing happening to AVGN, perhaps not to the same extent but pretty close. He may not be able to throw an object around the earth but his punches rock skyscrapers, that is a level of damage that exceeds AVGN's durability. Plus while AVGN will struggle to land that blow, Ninja Slayer can easily land a multitude of blows on AVGN. The Nerd has to keep Ninja Slayer at a distance or else the battle will be over quickly

Suriken Counters

How will Ninja Slayer be able to accurately throw his surikens whilst trying to avoid dozens of explosions? Two or three will be all he can get off when there are huge booms and bangs going off all around him.

This is a point I am willing to concede. I am under no false pretenses that the Nerd doesn't hold a significant edge in ranged combat, because he defiantly does. However, given a proper chance Ninja Slayer does have a nasty way of returning fire with an overwhelming barrage of throwing stars.

Other Counters

Well, that's what the cape is for.

If he teleports in front, James can just blast him or fly up.

Even if this did work, James wouldn't die from it. He'd continue and hit the now very close Ninja Slayer.

First off, if Ninja Slayer teleports behind him the cape doesn't offer complete protection. AVGN's legs, neck, and head are still exposed. All Ninja Slayer needs to do if he teleports behind him is swipe his legs out from under him and then stomp on his face, or he could jam his elbow into the back of AVGN's neck. (That last one might end the battle with a neck break)

Secondly, AVGN is going to shoot Ninja Slayer point blank range with explosive weaponry? That isn't a good idea because that is likely to kill the Nerd as well. Unless you think the Nerd would rather suicide the match away and call it a draw.

Another thing that I would like to bring up is that while in close range Ninja Slayer doesn't need to attack AVGN directly. He could break the Nerds guns in a similar manner to what is depicted below, leaving the Nerd under powered for the rest of the match.

No Caption Provided

Just because he knows they're there, doesn't mean he can avoid them. I've already been over why not above, but being able to see his oncoming death won't stop it from being his death.

On the contrary, knowing where a threat is coming from is the first step in avoiding said threat. Knowing exactly where all of the opponents are at all times means that Ninja Slayer will never get caught off guard by loosing focus. Instead he has two minds working for him, dividing up the effort in order for Ninja Slayer to be more focused over all.

No. But he will be able to survive long enough fly away or grow in size.

As far as flying away goes Ninja Slayer has fought areal opponents before and flying didn't help any of them. Ninja Slayer can jump large distances into the air or latch onto the Nerds foot with his rope and follow him. Or he could just wait for the Nerd to land again, teleport right back into close range and resume where they left off.

Super Mecha Death Christ

Another aspect of the fight that I haven't touched on much is Death Christ. Adding more explosions to the mix is a really nice way of making it harder for Ninja Slayer but it is another thing that Ninja Slayer can get around/possibly use to his own advantage.

First off, the plan is to just evade Death Christ and kill the Nerd. Unless I am mistaken the only person Ninja Slayer has to kill is the Nerd in order to win. If I am mistaken the finishing off Death Christ after the Nerd is dead should be easy enough when Ninja Slayer can devote 100% of his attention to it.

Secondly, Death Christ is useless to the Nerd when Ninja Slayer is in close quarters. Death Christ will be forced to stop firing or else risk eradicating AVGN by accident. This means in close quarters it is just Ninja Slayer and the Nerd and it has already been established how that encounter would go.

Thirdly, is Ninja Slayer could turn there fire against one another if they aren't careful. If Ninja Slayer runs between them while they are firing crazily at him they might blow each other to smithereens if they aren't careful.

All in all Death Christ is a liable threat that adds to the Nerds ranged combat advantage but he doesn't help out where the Nerd needs the most assistance.

My more advanced thoughts

My thoughts pretty much stay the same although I continue to find this match more and more interesting. Each of our characters seems to be "great" in every field that the other is "masterful". The Nerd is a lot stronger but Ninja Slayer is strong enough to compete. Ninja Slayer is a lot faster but the Nerd is fast enough to compete. The Nerd is masterful martial artist but Ninja Slayer is just so much better. Ninja Slayer has a really nice ranged combat but the Nerd's is heads and tails above his. It really is a fascinating battle.

But the reason that Ninja Slayer wins is because the area's that he is skilled in cancel out the areas that AVGN is skilled in. His speed and skill make AVGN's strength advantage meaningless as AVGN will barely be able to land a hit on Ninja Slayer in hand to hand. His skill at dodging projectiles also makes it more likely that he will survive AVGN's ranged onslaught than it is that the Nerd will survive Ninja Slayer's close quarters beat down.

Plus there is no real way of getting away from Ninja Slayer as he can keep teleporting into close range.

Anyways that's all she wrote. Back to you!

No Caption Provided

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Staying fresh, groovy B?

No Caption Provided

Final Counters!

Rope

Disarming Ninja Slayer of his rope is a good plan, but an unlikely one. If AVGN were to grab a hold of the rope he could defiantly disarm Ninja Slayer, but I would like to know what hand AVGN would be using to grab said rope. Both of his hands are occupied with holding weapons so in order to grab the rope he would need to drop one of his guns, which is a trade in Ninja Slayer's favor. Ninja Slayer's rope isn't all that important to his victory over the Nerd, but AVGN needs all the guns he has to overwhelm Ninja Slayer. Instead AVGN would loose some fire power making it easier for Ninja Slayer to put him on the ropes. (See what i did there?) That isn't taking into account that Ninja Slayer is throwing this rope at his ankles so AVGN has to bend over to catch the rope. All of this makes catching and disarming Ninja Slayer of his rope a highly unlikely scenario.

He'd lose one hand temporarily. Out of 10+. He isn't not losing a lot.

Plus, once AVGN grabs the rope, it's a huge opportunity to attack. He grabs the rope and pulls it, this would launch Ninja Slayer in the Nerd's direction. So he'd be flying in the air, heavily disorientated, a perfect chance for AVGN to pick back up his weapon and shoot him out of the sky.

So throwing his rope will be more disadvantageous to him (by giving James the perfect opportunity to land some free hits.) than it would to his opponent.

AVGN's last option is to evade which is a lot more plausible but is not guaranteed to work due to Ninja Slayer's speed advantage.

His speed advantage doesn't make his rope go any faster. Plus The Nerd's reactions are in the supersonic range, so evading it should be easy.

Speed

You are missing the part of that feat where Ninja Slayer is worn out from fighting several battles before hand. Ninja Slayer is at full strength in this fight and won't tire out so quickly.

After doing nothing but dodging for minutes to hours, he'll tire out eventually. He'll also probably take some damage after throwing his rope and attempting to use his surikens for the first time, so he'll soon be in a weakened position.

Your a mathematic genius! But all of that math is for nothing because Ninja Slayer has dodged similar amounts of projectiles before. Don't believe me? You should know me better by now. I don't say things like this unless I have a feat to back it up.

This feat is before Naraku's soul started watching his back during combat, and that is also without Ninja Slayer running and jumping around from building to building with acrobatic mastery. AVGN can kill Satan, he can defiantly kill Ninja Slayer but he has to hit him first but Ninja Slayer is just way to good at dodging projectiles. He isn't going to make it easy for AVGN, this is going to be the hardest part of the battle for the Nerd.

That is a great quote. "Oh my Buddha, what an omnidirectional means of attack!" Just flows so well.

But again, it's different. It's that scenario, except each one of those projectiles explode! If he was struggling to do that, how do you think he'll do if every one of those blows up in his face? The answer-not well.

Plus, The Nerd can cause explosions that have no projectiles. Just BOOM! Outta nowhere!

No Caption Provided

Super Size Me

However, you have not acknowledged the potential weaknesses of being 100 stories tall. First of all is that Ninja Slayer is a smaller target, and while your wider AoE might make you think it will be easier to catch Ninja Slayer in an explosion and pulverize him, you are effectively shooting at an ant with a machine gun. The difference being that ant can run as fast as a nuke, and teleport. It will be hard for AVGN to keep track of Ninja Slayer. How will AVGN pulverize him if he doesn't know where Ninja Slayer is. They are fighting in a huge city, there are plenty of places to hide.

It's more like shooting at an ant with an automatic RPG. Sure the ant might be fast, but it'll get caught up eventually.

He doesn't really need to keep track of him. He knows that he'll be somewhere, just blow everything up until there is nothing left. Problem solves.

Besides, AVGN has that Terminator vision.

No Caption Provided

Nowhere to hide.

The other thing is that being this size has a negative effect on his durability. Sure AGVN can tank attacks fine when they are proportionate to his size but now all the force of Ninja Slayer's punches are focused on a very tiny part of AVGN's body. Ninja Slayer's punches don't increase in force, but the force in his punches aren't spread out across the Nerds body. This effectively turns it from being hit with a punch to being hit with a bullet (smaller than a bullet actually, a pin is more like it)

Sure, fine, whatever. But what exactly is a small little hole in hit foot gonna do to someone of James' endurance? It'll do nothing more than let him locate Ninja Slayer, who'll promptly be stomped out after.

But if that doesn't convince you well then Ninja Slayer has been able to affect objects of AVGN's size before. I already showed you how him clashing with Laomoto sent shockwaves through a skyscraper, but Ninja Slayer has already punched Laomoto so hard that it caused an that very same skyscraper to explode!

Now imagine all that force being put into the size of a pinhead. Ninja Slayer has his own advantages when AVGN busts out this power.

Yea, but AVGN has already tanked attacks like that with little damage taken.

No Caption Provided

So that to the foot won't do much either.

Durability

First off, AVGN will not be able to land that one punch because of the crazy difference in skill and speed. Secondly I can see the same thing happening to AVGN, perhaps not to the same extent but pretty close. He may not be able to throw an object around the earth but his punches rock skyscrapers, that is a level of damage that exceeds AVGN's durability. Plus while AVGN will struggle to land that blow, Ninja Slayer can easily land a multitude of blows on AVGN. The Nerd has to keep Ninja Slayer at a distance or else the battle will be over quickly

Eehh. Once he goes big he might. That's a huge fist, and Ninja Slayer has been tagged by slower things.

No, it doesn't. I already showed you a skyscraper level durability feat in my last post, and reposted it above.

He can't land anything if he can't get close. And I've already proved why he won't be getting close for long.

Other

First off, if Ninja Slayer teleports behind him the cape doesn't offer complete protection. AVGN's legs, neck, and head are still exposed. All Ninja Slayer needs to do if he teleports behind him is swipe his legs out from under him and then stomp on his face, or he could jam his elbow into the back of AVGN's neck. (That last one might end the battle with a neck break)

Secondly, AVGN is going to shoot Ninja Slayer point blank range with explosive weaponry? That isn't a good idea because that is likely to kill the Nerd as well. Unless you think the Nerd would rather suicide the match away and call it a draw.

Another thing that I would like to bring up is that while in close range Ninja Slayer doesn't need to attack AVGN directly. He could break the Nerds guns in a similar manner to what is depicted below, leaving the Nerd under powered for the rest of the match.

But in the time it would take for Ninja Slayer to realise to not hit in the obvious place, AVGN will most likely have realised he's behind him. And I doubt a neckbreak would kill him, considering AVGN can live without his heart.

Except AVGN's explosive durability is far greater than Ninja Slayers. He's shown to be able to survive it, while Ninja Slayer has not.

I doubt he could do that before getting blasted, frozen, or electrocuted.

On the contrary, knowing where a threat is coming from is the first step in avoiding said threat. Knowing exactly where all of the opponents are at all times means that Ninja Slayer will never get caught off guard by loosing focus. Instead he has two minds working for him, dividing up the effort in order for Ninja Slayer to be more focused over all.

Yea, it'll help. But it won't allow him to do what his body physically can not.

As far as flying away goes Ninja Slayer has fought areal opponents before and flying didn't help any of them. Ninja Slayer can jump large distances into the air or latch onto the Nerds foot with his rope and follow him. Or he could just wait for the Nerd to land again, teleport right back into close range and resume where they left off.

Jumping at the Nerd would be suicidal. He'd be in the air, severely limiting his evasive options, against someone who's constantly shooting at him. It's a 100% chance he'd be hit if he leaped in the air after a flying James.

I've already discussed why the rope is a bad idea, don't think I need to repeat myself.

Why would The Nerd ever land? He has no reason to. Once he realises how much of an advantage it'll give him, I doubt he'll come down.

Super Mecha Death Christ

First off, the plan is to just evade Death Christ and kill the Nerd. Unless I am mistaken the only person Ninja Slayer has to kill is the Nerd in order to win. If I am mistaken the finishing off Death Christ after the Nerd is dead should be easy enough when Ninja Slayer can devote 100% of his attention to it.

Once the Nerd is dead, the match is won, yes. But Super Mecha Death Christ will stand in the way of this happening. And considering his formidable stats on his own, it won't be easy.

Secondly, Death Christ is useless to the Nerd when Ninja Slayer is in close quarters. Death Christ will be forced to stop firing or else risk eradicating AVGN by accident. This means in close quarters it is just Ninja Slayer and the Nerd and it has already been established how that encounter would go.

Nah, AVGN can tank Super Mecha Death Christ's blasts.

No Caption Provided

Plus, AVGN could just fly up, out of the radius and provide more support.

Thirdly, is Ninja Slayer could turn there fire against one another if they aren't careful. If Ninja Slayer runs between them while they are firing crazily at him they might blow each other to smithereens if they aren't careful.

They can both survive each other's attacks tho, so it's chill. And I'm sure neither are dumb enough to do this anyways. I mean, James has robo-targeting and the other is literally Jesus.

Final Thoughts

My thoughts pretty much stay the same although I continue to find this match more and more interesting. Each of our characters seems to be "great" in every field that the other is "masterful". The Nerd is a lot stronger but Ninja Slayer is strong enough to compete. Ninja Slayer is a lot faster but the Nerd is fast enough to compete. The Nerd is masterful martial artist but Ninja Slayer is just so much better. Ninja Slayer has a really nice ranged combat but the Nerd's is heads and tails above his. It really is a fascinating battle.

But the reason that Ninja Slayer wins is because the area's that he is skilled in cancel out the areas that AVGN is skilled in. His speed and skill make AVGN's strength advantage meaningless as AVGN will barely be able to land a hit on Ninja Slayer in hand to hand. His skill at dodging projectiles also makes it more likely that he will survive AVGN's ranged onslaught than it is that the Nerd will survive Ninja Slayer's close quarters beat down.

Plus there is no real way of getting away from Ninja Slayer as he can keep teleporting into close range.

A fascinating battle indeed!

I could say the exact same thing. But really, James' versatility is just too much. There's more here than Ninja Slayer has ever faced, and he's been proven to be overwhelmed by less. His dodging isn't good enough while The Nerd can easily negate Slayer's close range advantage to make is so he'll constantly be at range. Words words words, more words, some words, words.

He can only teleport so far. Keep him far enough back and he won't be getting close. Plus teleportation doesn't seem to be his go to move anyways.

GG friend!

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is a beautiful butterfly. We really need to have James look at this once it's done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: And it is time for this debate to reach its conclusion. Once again it has been a blast debating against you, and I am satisfied with my own performance in this debate.

No Caption Provided

Closing Thoughts

Here are my views on the battle and why Ninja Slayer is the most likely winner. Our characters are opposites of each other combatively, and equally as over-the-top. AVGN is a walking explosion generating machine, but Ninja Slayer is a speedy dervish. While AVGN can throw a disc around the planet, Ninja Slayer can dodge omnidirectional attacks. While AVGN can kill Satan with the power of his weaponry, Ninja Slayer can defy the laws of physics through pure skill. While AVGN can fly in outer space, Ninja Slayer can run as fast as a nuclear explosion. Like I said in my last "thoughts" section, each of our characters is amazing in areas where the other character is only good. So why does Ninja Slayer win?

Ninja Slayer can punch hard enough to cause the skyscraper he is standing on to explode. Ninja Slayer is fast enough to dodge omnidirectional attacks. And Ninja Slayer is skilled enough in martial arts to break the laws of physics. Ninja Slayer has the close quarters advantage and a really nice speed advantage. He is a teleporter on top of that so he will be really hard to hit. But if you still don't think Ninja Slayer will win consider this...Ninja Slayer has some sick dance moves!

No Caption Provided

Mmm look at those moonwalking skills. I believe my work here is done. YEEART!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: It's been a great one, B-Dawg.

The Better, More Important Final Thoughts

It'll truly be a glorious fight between Ninja Slayer and The Angry Video Game Nerd, but in the end AVGN will come out on top. His output is just too much for the opponent to handle for long, and with his wide variety of projectiles he can constantly keep NS on edge. With The Nerds flight and size manipulation, he'll be able to completely negate Ninja Slayers advantages of speed and skill. It's close, but Ninja Slayer is outmatched.

Oh, and you think he can Moonwalk? Well The Nerd IS Michael Jackson!

No Caption Provided

Ready for votes if you are! And may the best Viner win!

(Sorry for the sorta weak conclusion, but I'm in a rush. I just hope I've gotten the point across throughout the debate.)

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump... This needs votes, please

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Personally, I think I'm too biased towards the Nerd to vote. I did read it, and what a wonderful read it was, and I would still side with the Nerd. Joewell had better counters, and I think Banthabot got more than he bargained for in an opponent like AVGN. I feel like you both formed a consensus that they are somewhat equal in various areas, but I feel AVGN had more of the advantage with the versatility that his arsenal has access to. Long story short, Joewell seems like the winner to me.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jacthripper

@joewell911: I'll have a vote up when I get home tonight. School blocks it and I'm about to leave.

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Going to Vote for @joewell911 because I mainly Agree with the Points Queen_Marceline said such as Joewell having Better Counters and Bantha getting More than he Bargained For. Brilliant Debate Either Way.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Personally, I think I'm too biased towards the Nerd to vote. I did read it, and what a wonderful read it was, and I would still side with the Nerd. Joewell had better counters, and I think Banthabot got more than he bargained for in an opponent like AVGN. I feel like you both formed a consensus that they are somewhat equal in various areas, but I feel AVGN had more of the advantage with the versatility that his arsenal has access to. Long story short, Joewell seems like the winner to me.

I kinda feel the same way. I am somewhat biased but even leaving bias aside as much as possible, I still think Joewell had the best arguments.