Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Catwoman:

No Caption Provided

VS

Katana:

No Caption Provided

In this battle of master thief vs legendary samurai, who will win?

Composite pre/post Flashpoint feats for both

Fight takes place on a rooftop in Gotham.

Katana is armed with her Soultaker. Catwoman has her claws and whip. For the purposes of this battle, assume her whip cannot be cut by the Soultaker

Both are in character. Victory by ko or death

Who wins?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Well, I think I would take Katana in the long run. The sword is a good advantage even if Selina is a skilled swordswoman herself, and as far as credentials go, she's defo better. Katana can also do well against the likes of Ra's Al Ghul and Batman himself. But I just feel the need to post this scan here either way;

Catwoman #19 (2011)
Catwoman #19 (2011)

Honestly, if we go strictly by feats, Selina should have this in the bag just fine (granted I'm not particularly knowledgable in Katana besides PC), but I always think there's more than that. Either way, it's a nice matchup IMO.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Interesting, I've read most of Katana's appearances, haven't seen that one. I'll have to go check it out

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By helloman

Catwoman wins.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@arcus1 said:

@anthp2000:

Interesting, I've read most of Katana's appearances, haven't seen that one. I'll have to go check it out

It's an issue from Selina's solo in the time, directly connected to the Justice League of America storyline. Katana was part of the League.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Other than that one feat ANTHP2000 posted, Katana has the better feats and statements to back her up.

Catwoman would put up a good fight, but Katana would win

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Other than that one feat ANTHP2000 posted, Katana has the better feats and statements to back her up.

That wasn't really a feat, I read the issue and they were more or less putting on an act

I will say, I've been doing some reading on Catwoman, and she's more legit than I had thought

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@arcus1 said:
@geekryan said:

That wasn't really a feat, I read the issue and they were more or less putting on an act

I will say, I've been doing some reading on Catwoman, and she's more legit than I had thought

Good to know.

And yeah, she is actually more impressive than people think!

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, if we go strictly by feats, Selina should have this in the bag just fine (granted I'm not particularly knowledgable in Katana besides PC), but I always think there's more than that. Either way, it's a nice matchup IMO.

Out of curiosity, what feats would let Selina have this comfortably?

I can definitely see Selina's greater number of showings giving her an edge here, but I'm not as familiar with all hear appearences

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

Out of curiosity, what feats would let Selina have this comfortably?

I can definitely see Selina's greater number of showings giving her an edge here, but I'm not as familiar with all hear appearences

Pretty much what I was mostly referring to. She has fought quite a few high level fighters and done well. One of her more impressive fights that I recall off is Hush, whom she was having a clean advantage against before he surprised her - in the same arc, he was dodging out attacks from Grayson and Drake at once IIRC, and in other issues he's given Batman tough fights. Another impressive opponent she's fought is Wildcat, whom she seems to have a consistent edge against even in fights without real mindset context. She's also evaded a bloodlusted Red Hood (disguised as Batman) for a while, whilst wondering wether or not it was actually Bruce - that's just off the top of my head though, she has plenty more, and I can't say I've read every single appearance of her yet.

I can post some scans later.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By comic_book_fan

iam going with selina she is skilled in her own right far more agile and crafty and the whip can disarm and gives her reach

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Britain  Online

Cat

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot Armor is not on Katana's side, but realistically she should win. Same reason why deathstroke should win against batman, without plot armor in the way.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana has outright better feats and scaling.