Catwoman (The Batman) Vs Catwoman (The Dark Knight Rises)

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 1

• hand to hand
  • morals off

Round 2

• who is the better thief?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Anne definitely wins in a fight. She had no issue with fighting mercenaries, whereas Zoe was overpowered by one of Riddler's goons (and also Falcone IIRC).

Zoe is the better thief and portrayal though.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@frozen said:

Anne definitely wins in a fight. She had no issue with fighting mercenaries, whereas Zoe was overpowered by one of Riddler's goons (and also Falcone IIRC).

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

speaking on that. I really love the realistic portrayal, but I kinda wish they made both batman and catwoman quite a bit stronger than they were portrayed...just so that it seems more feasible that they are actually capable of fighting large groups of people and defending themselves. the movie was beautiful though. its an objectively perfect 'batman' film and other than that i have absolutely no issues with it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

speaking on that. I really love the realistic portrayal, but I kinda wish they made both batman and catwoman quite a bit stronger than they were portrayed...just so that it seems more feasible that they are actually capable of fighting large groups of people and defending themselves. the movie was beautiful though. its an objectively perfect 'batman' film and other than that i have absolutely no issues with it.

Yeah this film was truly grounded, not just in terms of their fighting capabilities but also how the characters would realistically be. I wrote about my thoughts on the film here. It truly is an impressive piece of filmmaking, and Pattinson is by far the best live action Batman (same for Zoe as Catwoman). It perfectly encapsulated the psychology of these characters and what drives them. It would have been nicer to see better feats but it wasn't really an issue for me. This is an inexperienced Batman and Catwoman, so I imagine in the sequels we will see them improve a lot.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@emmafrostxmen said:
@frozen said:

Yeah this film was truly grounded, not just in terms of their fighting capabilities but also how the characters would realistically be. I wrote about my thoughts on the film here. It truly is an impressive piece of filmmaking, and Pattinson is by far the best live action Batman (same for Zoe as Catwoman). It perfectly encapsulated the psychology of these characters and what drives them. It would have been nicer to see better feats but it wasn't really an issue for me. This is an inexperienced Batman and Catwoman, so I imagine in the sequels we will see them improve a lot.

Michelle Pfeiffer still did deliver a better performance than Kravitz though. Pfeiffer's acting and overall performance was incredible. Zoe's performance was incredible too, and I I have no doubt she'll only get better from here. she has already cemented herself as the most comics accurate depiction of Selena to date.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frozen  Moderator

@emmafrostxmen: Pfeiffer's overall performance may have been better, but her version of Catwoman was really far removed from who the character is. Whereas Zoe's version is better written and closer to the comics. Reeves Gotham is also the best we have seen in live action.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@frozen: i wasn’t arguing against anything you wrote in your post. i just said Pfeiffer’s performance was better overall. the writing of batman returns Catwoman isn’t bad either, it’s actually quite stellar especially considering how corny some of the lines were written to be and how effectively Michelle manages to deliver them. i said in my own post that Zoe is by far the most comic accurate depiction of the character to date.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: i wasn’t arguing against anything you wrote in your post. i just said Pfeiffer’s performance was better overall. the writing of batman returns Catwoman isn’t bad either, it’s actually quite stellar especially considering how corny some of the lines were written to be and how effectively Michelle manages to deliver them. i said in my own post that Zoe is by far the most comic accurate depiction of the character to date.

Fair.

Personally I've just never really been a fan of the Burton stuff. My rankings of the Batman films would be TDK > The Batman > Begins > TDKR > Batman 1989 and Returns.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: i’m most certainly not saying batman returns is on par with films like the dark knight. im saying that catwoman specifically is well written and incredibly performed, so i definitely agree with your ranking overall, although i’d have the batman above the dark knight tbh, but they’re extremely close

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Halle Berry solos the all the inferior catwomen

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: i’m most certainly not saying batman returns is on par with films like the dark knight. im saying that catwoman specifically is well written and incredibly performed, so i definitely agree with your ranking overall, although i’d have the batman above the dark knight tbh, but they’re extremely close

Yeah I wasn't implying you were saying that, though it may have come across that way, so apologies that's my error there. I can see the argument for The Batman above TDK.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@frozen: i think ‘the batman’ was a better batman film than ‘the dark knight’, but overall they are on the same level as films. both also have absolutely incredible supporting casts

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God_Vulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much comic stanning smh

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: @geekryan: correction on one thing. there wasn’t a single ‘fair’ fight selena struggled in other than her fight with batman directly. both times she was overpowered the film made a point to have her get struck in the back of the head prior, and put in a disadvantageous position (someone on top of you getting to take advantage of their entire body weight). selena otherwise didn’t struggle with a single opponent in the film and even one shot two thugs one immediately after the other.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: @geekryan: correction on one thing. there wasn’t a single ‘fair’ fight selena struggled in other than her fight with batman directly. both times she was overpowered the film made a point to have her get struck in the back of the head prior, and put in a disadvantageous position (someone on top of you getting to take advantage of their entire body weight). selena otherwise didn’t struggle with a single opponent in the film and even one shot two thugs one immediately after the other.

While that is true, the clear intention was that Batman > Selena. If Selena replaced Batman in any situation he was in, she would have likely performed worse than him.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: we’ll i said in my post that the only person she lost to in a fair fight was batman himself. had he not had armor im sure it would have been a bit closer, but yes bruce was clearly portrayed as the better fighter.

my main point is that batman > catwoman >>>>>> anyone else in the movie individually. the movie made it clear she was only put in the disadvantageous positions both times due to the exact same sneak attack.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frozen  Moderator

@geekryan: we’ll i said in my post that the only person she lost to in a fair fight was batman himself. had he not had armor im sure it would have been a bit closer, but yes bruce was clearly portrayed as the better fighter.

my main point is that batman > catwoman >>>>>> anyone else in the movie individually. the movie made it clear she was only put in the disadvantageous positions both times due to the exact same sneak attack.

I don't think Batman's armour made a difference in their fight. He beat her by countering her moves and overpowering her. The fight choreographer also said he was holding back against her and not wanting to hurt her.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: his armor was taking explosions and strikes from a baseball bat without any difficulty whatsoever. selina is a regular human, she didn’t have any way of actually hurting him realistically. her kicks did nothing. had he not had the armor she would have at least affected him a bit more with her initial assault.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm am I the only one who thinks Kravtiz Catwoman wins this? Like yea she was physically overpowered on 2 occasions but overall, in one on ones, she dispensed of goons with more efficiency/precision than Hathaway's Catwoman did

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@frozen said:

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen
@modernww2fare said:
@geekryan said:
@frozen said:

This isn't true in either instance. In a fair fight she stomped basic thugs. The only way either of the aforementioned people "overpowered" her is due to her being struck in the back of the head then put in a disadvantageous lower position where they were choking her and pushing down with their full body weight.