Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Both are in character.
  • Win via Death or Incapacitation.
  • SS is armed with a regular katana. No tachyonic energy.
  • Cassie has a katana, as well.
  • Both start in close quarters.
  • Who wins?

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Cassandra I would say, since I think I am right in saying that the SS's reputation is largely built on his repeated fights with Wolverine, which we can see above is in part due to Logan trying to match him with his weapon and fighting style of choice. While Cassandra is unlikely to simply follow traditional samurai techniques... actually I would think she just throw a smoke pellet at him, gets close and punch him in the windpipe.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By brucerogers

Cassandra I would say, since I think I am right in saying that the SS's reputation is largely built on his repeated fights with Wolverine, which we can see above is in part due to Logan trying to match him with his weapon and fighting style of choice. While Cassandra is unlikely to simply follow traditional samurai techniques... actually I would think she just throw a smoke pellet at him, gets close and punch him in the windpipe.

What makes you think he will fall for something like that?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

What makes you think he will fall for something like that?

You are saying that as if he has a choice?

I'll admit I dont know everything about SS, but I am pretty sure he doesn't have radar senses or something like that which would allow him to see through smoke.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Who says you only need a radar sense to escape a done to death tactic like this?. All he has to do is move away from the smoke screen and the setting affords him plenty of space to do so. He isn't some bar room thug .

Not sure why you think Cassie is suddenly going to have this brainwave mid fight either.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Silver Samurai.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Who says you only need a radar sense to escape a done to death tactic like this?. All he has to do is move away from the smoke screen and the setting affords him plenty of space to do so. He isn't some bar room thug .

Not sure why you think Cassie is suddenly going to have this brainwave mid fight either.

Neither is he clairvoyant or knowledgable of what Cassandra is capable of... the batsuit doesn't really tell him anything, while his preference for samurai armor should give Cassandra a pretty good idea what he is about. Not to mention the OP states they start in close.

Because thats kinda what she was raised and trained to do. SS might not be a barroom brawler, but neither is he really on her level.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither is he clairvoyant or knowledgable of what Cassandra is capable of... the batsuit doesn't really tell him anything, while his preference for samurai armor should give Cassandra a pretty good idea what he is about. Not to mention the OP states they start in close.

Well for starters, she has a very conspicuous looking belt with big yellow pouches, so that itself is a dead giveaway that she is packing gear. That is a strong tell. Secondly, Cass is more likely to start by going toe to toe, instead of opening up with a gas pellet attack. How often does she do this as her go to move?

And more importantly, why would she?. She has no reason to fear fighting him head on given she knows nothing about him and she would also realise that the environment is far too big for smoke bombs to be effective. Given how easily he can just side step it.

Also, I am not clear on what game changing fact she can learn about him just from the Samurai armour.

Because thats kinda what she was raised and trained to do.

Samurai is a trained fighter and warrior himself. He isn't going to fall for such tactics.

SS might not be a barroom brawler, but neither is he really on her level.

He may not be on her level, but that does not mean she can simply fodderize him like some common thug. You are severely underestimating him or overrating her if you think so.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for starters, she has a very conspicuous looking belt with big yellow pouches, so that itself is a dead giveaway that she is packing gear. That is a strong tell. Secondly, Cass is more likely to start by going toe to toe, instead of opening up with a gas pellet attack. How often does she do this as her go to move?

And more importantly, why would she?. She has no reason to fear fighting him head on given she knows nothing about him and she would also realise that the environment is far too big for smoke bombs to be effective. Given how easily he can just side step it.

Also, I am not clear on what game changing fact she can learn about him just from the Samurai armour.

Samurai is a trained fighter and warrior himself. He isn't going to fall for such tactics.

He may not be on her level, but that does not mean she can simply fodderize him like some common thug. You are severely underestimating him or overrating her if you think so.

Not really unless he can actually tell what she is carrying in those pouches. Thats perhaps true, but considering Cass doesn't normally carry a sword and isn't one to fight someone just for the entertainment value, I'd imagine she'd end it as fast as possible. She carries the pellets as part of the standard bat-toolkit, but you are perhaps correct she's unlikely to use them here.

They are starting at close range and we have seen those clouds cover quite a bit of area, point is that they are meant to make him loose sight of her for just long enough so she can lay him out without him getting his guard up.

His fighting style, which is pretty crucial thing to know since with that she can pretty much predict his entire move set.

It's not like he can actually do anything about it. Like if he turns around to move out of it, he pretty much exposes him back to her (which he wouldn't), if he starts backing out he will still be loosing sight of her and risk tripping over something.

I never said he was a common thug, his big problem here is just that he is up against someone far better at h2h than him, and just because he is a samurai and has his sword that doesn't really make much of a difference. He might be great against Logan when Logan is playing at being a samurai himself, but Cassandra just isn't playing by those rules.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Could go either way

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 morpheus_  Moderator

Cassandra. And I don't believe it'd be particularly close.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I guess I can work with that. I back Cass myself. My only point of contention is that I dont see him going down that easy with smoke pellets.

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassandra Cain.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
deactivated-5a694c5def8ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassandra. And I don't believe it'd be particularly close.