User Lists: 1

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Phorqe

This battle has a lot of possibilities, given midnighter's abilities. I think Midnighter might be able to pull it off, considering he can calculate a million moves and such, and Carnage pretty much just stabs stuff in a thousand different ways. Carnage's stats are way above Midnighter's but the combat computer makes a huge difference.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3  Edited By The_Martian

If its just a random meeting and they have the usual gear, Carnage wins. If they have any sort of time to prepare Midnighter would win cause he would beable to gain weapons to go against Carnage's weakness.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By King_Saturn

I think if its a random encounter Carnage would win, but Midnighter wont go out without a good fight

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Bit of a fanboy (I'll admit it) here y'know, but I really don't see why the outcome is that different from Midnighter vs Spider-Man (in which I believe Midnighter wins). In this fight, his enemy doesn't even have the spider sense that would make the first battle a challenge.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BringnIt
@Buckshot said:

Bit of a fanboy (I'll admit it) here y'know, but I really don't see why the outcome is that different from Midnighter vs Spider-Man (in which I believe Midnighter wins). In this fight, his enemy doesn't even have the spider sense that would make the first battle a challenge.

Four years and two Carnage mini-series later, you still feel this way?
Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BringnIt said:

@Buckshot said:

Actually, he does have a spider sense. The symbiote (being the offspring of venom) grants the wearer all the powers of its main host Spiderman. Not to mention Carnage has sort of a stretchy nature, making him highly resistant to physical damage. Carnage wins unless MN can find himself a sonic emitor in a mall.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Stronger

Leaning towards Midnighter cause he can detect the weak point of every character.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

@BringnIt said:

@Buckshot said:

Actually, he does have a spider sense. The symbiote (being the offspring of venom) grants the wearer all the powers of its main host Spiderman. Not to mention Carnage has sort of a stretchy nature, making him highly resistant to physical damage. Carnage wins unless MN can find himself a sonic emitor in a mall.

Um, I don't think Spiderman was ever the "main host" for the Carnage symbiote. And I'm pretty sure Carnage has never displayed any kind of Spider Sense.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Strider1992

Current Carnage wins. Beating down Iron Man and Spider-man at the same time and taking possession of the Avengers Team including Wolverine are no small feats:

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeathsHead2

Currently, Carnage doesn't have much of a "weak point" to speak of. Carnage FTW, 7+/10.

DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch said:

@BringnIt said:

@Buckshot said:

Um, I don't think Spiderman was ever the "main host" for the Carnage symbiote. And I'm pretty sure Carnage has never displayed any kind of Spider Sense.

Like I said, he is the offspring of venom, therefore granting all of Spiderman's abilities amplified and then some. And yes he has displayed a similar technique for spider sense before.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BringnIt

@Strider92 said:

Current Carnage wins. Beating down Iron Man and Spider-man at the same time and taking possession of the Avengers Team including Wolverine are no small feats:

The latter, while impressive, involved the use of prep. Not saying you are wrong, I am uncertain who would win, just clarifying.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BringnIt

@texasdeathmatch said:

@BringnIt said:

@Buckshot said:

Like I said, he is the offspring of venom, therefore granting all of Spiderman's abilities amplified and then some. And yes he has displayed a similar technique for spider sense before.

Never seen Venom or Carnage display spider sense.

DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BringnIt said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@BringnIt said:

@Buckshot said:

Never seen Venom or Carnage display spider sense.

Look, you can say you never saw them but they do infact have a very similar ability to the sense. The spider sense can be passed on to venom's son as well as every trait spiderman has, (minus brock's camouflage ability). The fact is that not all symbiotes are born with spiderman's powers they need to bond to a host to survive and amplify their power levels. The "main host" which is the host of the elder symbiote who copies his abilities and passes them on to his offspring.

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Harddrivexxii

What about midnighters door power? would that make a difference?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Strider1992

@BringnIt said:

The latter, while impressive, involved the use of prep. Not saying you are wrong, I am uncertain who would win, just clarifying.

I believe you might be right about the 1st feat vs Iron Man and Spider-man being with prep but i'm pretty sure the possession of the Avengers was a spur of the moment thing. I'll have to go find my copy of Carnage USA and check.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Look, you can say you never saw them but they do infact have a very similar ability to the sense. The spider sense can be passed on to venom's son as well as every trait spiderman has, (minus brock's camouflage ability). The fact is that not all symbiotes are born with spiderman's powers they need to bond to a host to survive and amplify their power levels. The "main host" which is the host of the elder symbiote who copies his abilities and passes them on to his offspring.

Look, you can say you they do in fact have a very similar ability to the sense, but we haven't seen it. Show us. Why can't the camouflage be passed if the spider-sense can? If the camouflage can't does that mean it's possible the spider-sense can't?

@Strider92 said:

@BringnIt said:

I believe you might be right about the 1st feat vs Iron Man and Spider-man being with prep but i'm pretty sure the possession of the Avengers was a spur of the moment thing. I'll have to go find my copy of Carnage USA and check.

I think it all required prep for him to generate a ton of extra carnage-sauce.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Welcome to ComicVine. We like to use scans to prove feats, instead of making claims. Can you please show us a scan of Carnage displaying these abilities instead of going off of assumption?

DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Buckshot said:

Look, you can say you they do in fact have a very similar ability to the sense, but we haven't seen it. Show us. Why can't the camouflage be passed if the spider-sense can? If the camouflage can't does that mean it's possible the spider-sense can't?

@Strider92 said:

@BringnIt said:

I think it all required prep for him to generate a ton of extra carnage-sauce.

No Caption Provided

The first pic of venom and spiderman indicates that venom indeed has ALL of spidey's powers including a special version of the spider sense.

The second pic shows venom tracking down carnage with his special spider sense that automatically pinpoints the location of his entire lineage including carnage, doppleganger, and toxin (although some have become immune to it) I do not know why the camo ability was not passed down to carnage but carnage evolved and gained more powers (hardened tendrils, throwing tendrils, shapeshifting) the point is that they all resemble spiderman, can crawl on walls, have super strength, can shoot sticky stuff and swing from it, and have big ol white eyes.

DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@texasdeathmatch

: Its not an assumption. It is stated in his abilities list that he possesses ALL of his dad's powers minus the camo. I don't know why but either way he has some special powers of his own. In ths pic venom used his special spider sense to track down carnage (he's immune to it now) It might not show he is using them because the whole "my spidey sense is tingling" is coined by spiderman but believe me that he does.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: More impressive than Spider-Man saying Venom has all his powers would be Venom actually showing all his abilities. There are clones of Spider-Man that don't have his spider sense the same way he does, just saying that Venom has his powers doesn't seem like enough to me. Venom's ability to home in on his line is not the same as the spider sense. They may be comparable but they're not the same thing and it's not being used in the combat-oriented way that we're talking about. You're claiming that Carnage has the spider sense because Venom has it, but you haven't shown that Carnage has it and you haven't shown that Venom has it either. And the fact that some things aren't passed down (camouflage) suggests that just because one has it doesn't mean the child automatically will. The way to prove your point would be to show Carnage clearly displaying the spider sense. He may have it, but we kind of need to see it to believe it, that's all.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Wyldsong

Going with Carnage here in a close fight.

DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Buckshot said:

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: More impressive than Spider-Man saying Venom has all his powers would be Venom actually showing all his abilities. There are clones of Spider-Man that don't have his spider sense the same way he does, just saying that Venom has his powers doesn't seem like enough to me. Venom's ability to home in on his line is not the same as the spider sense. They may be comparable but they're not the same thing and it's not being used in the combat-oriented way that we're talking about. You're claiming that Carnage has the spider sense because Venom has it, but you haven't shown that Carnage has it and you haven't shown that Venom has it either. And the fact that some things aren't passed down (camouflage) suggests that just because one has it doesn't mean the child automatically will. The way to prove your point would be to show Carnage clearly displaying the spider sense. He may have it, but we kind of need to see it to believe it, that's all.

Stop being so stubborn. I don't have the scans ok. But just look him up on good ol wikipedia or marvel or whatever and it clearly states that he has ALL of his dad's powers except the camo. Why?? I don't know that's just how it is.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: I'm not being stubborn, it's just that I've read a lot of Venom and Carnage and I don't really recall the spider sense being used by them, just that they didn't set off Peter's. I'm not saying I'm infallible but I don't yet have reason to abandon my opinion. If I saw them using it I might change my mind. And I say might because errors are sometimes made and just because they do something once doesn't mean they really can (like Emma using telepathy in diamond form).

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

Midnighter

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gumflabica

Hmmm... this is a tough one. i think middy takes this if he can use doors, but carnage takes it otherwise, in a very close battle. this is one of the few battles i can barely make a winner on. thanks to whoever created this. ima go play this out in my head a few times now.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bo88gdan

Carnage

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By laflux

H2H I'd favor Carnage. But since no gear is specifically disallowed the Battle Computer will probably tell Nighter that going hand to H2H is a bad idea and showing explosions down his way of BFRing him with the doors will be the best case thing.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

carnage wins a majority easily midnighter can win with mininuke and maybe doors but carnage has to many advantages and could kill midnighter to quickly physically

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc63aec061e5
deactivated-5fc63aec061e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage but barely I'd say.