• 75 results
#51 Edited by Wolfrazer (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123 said:

@jirou:

She was beating Finn, who again, has lots of feats in the RT I linked. Her armor is also far better than Rex's, seeing how Rose's blaster shot merely bounced off her shoulder. We don't really have solid 1v1 feats for Rex in TCW but in Rebels he was losing to Pryce in a H2H battle.

Rex definitely won't demolish Phasma, if anything, Phasma demolishes him.

Just one thing, Rose's blaster...is that even described as what type of blaster? It looked more like a Holdout, which those aren't particularly powerful compared to actual blasters such as rifles or pistols.

If it was a shoulder shot, then I don't see how that would indicate she would take it anywhere else and not be phased, IE: A direct shot to the body, a shoulder shot isn't nearly as damaging and the way the armor is it could deflect. In fact, it even says with her armor being able to stop weak blaster shots.

#52 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

Just one thing, Rose's blaster...is that even described as what type of blaster? It looked more like a Holdout, which those aren't particularly powerful compared to actual blasters such as rifles or pistols.

I'm not sure what type of blaster it is.

If it was a shoulder shot, then I don't see how that would indicate she would take it anywhere else and not be phased, IE: A direct shot to the body, a shoulder shot isn't nearly as damaging and the way the armor is it could deflect.

I know a shoulder shot is not as damaging but seeing as how it merely bounced off her armor it really makes it seem like she has some resistance to blaster bolts- of course, she'd die if she takes 5/6 shots but her armor does look better than the clones' own, and that could be a crucial factor in securing her victory over the Republic troopers.

#53 Posted by Wolfrazer (16191 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
#54 Posted by deactivated-5b5405244e89c (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

So just live action Phasma ?

#55 Posted by Emperorb777 (11133 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: Doesnt change that he was a janitor.

#56 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorb777:

A janitor with incredible combat feats. Him being a "janitor" doesn't detract from them.

#57 Posted by Necromancer76 (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

Rex is infinitely better than Phasma, giving his team the win. He has amazingly better feats.

#58 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

@necromancer76:

What are they? What are the feats that put Rex above Phasma let alone infinitely?

#59 Posted by JediXMan (42486 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite her status as a joke, Phasma's armor is going to be a problem. I'm not sure if the clones can get through it.

#60 Posted by Necromancer76 (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: Literally everything he’s done in TCW. It all outstrips her failing to kill either Finn or Rose. All she has going for her is armor and teleportation. She also has disappearing weaponry so that will work against her.

#61 Edited by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

@necromancer76:

Literally everything he’s done in TCW.

Such as killing Battle Droids.

It all outstrips her failing to kill either Finn or Rose.

She was beating Finn who in turn would most likely beat Rex. Rose was also pretty clearly outmatched, having to desperately take cover from a Phasma with a little gun that was barely even looking at her.

@jedixman:

Despite her status as a joke,

She's hardly a joke. She was beating Finn and that's quite impressive given his feats outside the movies. She's also pretty much the leader of the FO Stormtroopers who look much better than the old Imperial ones.

#62 Edited by Wolfrazer (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: The FO troopers haven’t really shown anything impressive tbh melee aside, even just going by movies.

#63 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

They aren't quite as laughable as Imperial stormtroopers.

Elite troopers also seem to be quite impressive (Finn being one of the best- again, check RT). The Imperial stormtroopers are nothing impressive either in Canon.

#64 Posted by Wolfrazer (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: I’m talking standard FO not the exception and while that’s true. What have the standard FO troops shown? Cause from what I recall all they have done is raid a village and cantina/bar hangout.

The Clones and Storms have better showings than those in the movies.

#65 Posted by Necromancer76 (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: Yes. And Commando droids who were a challenge for some lesser Jedi of the era, which is strong because the PT era is the prime of the Jedi, so said lesser Jedi are not that bad.

But she lost. She’s supposed to have the best of the best experience and she lost to a janitor who has shown some level of skill at combat despite being beaten by a random stormtrooper in TFA. She also was dumb enough to switch from her rifle to her staff thing to fight Finn, so her intelligence level is significantly lower than Rex.

#66 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

What have the standard FO troops shown? Cause from what I recall all they have done is raid a village and cantina/bar hangout.

They took over the village pretty easily, and in the cantina fight they had all but captured Finn+Chewie+Han which is pretty impressive. In Episode 8 they also lasted a good bit against the BB-8 controlled walker.

The Clones and Storms have better showings than those in the movies.

The Storms? Their only impressive showing is taking over the Tantive IV in the beginning of ANH, and even then quite a good bit of the Rebel troops (not much of them) surrendered due to them being attracted to a Star Destroyer. In the Death Star they're laughable. Han charges at them, is faced by thirteen, and manages to kill one and run away without suffering a scratch. Remember when Luke and Leia were trapped in that passage betweeen the two floors and Luke had to use a rope to go through? They were absolutely trapped yet killed four Stormtroopers. Then when Ben Kenobi dies Luke is in no cover whatsoever- nor are Han and Leia- yet they kill, like, 5 out of 6 Stormtroopers who didn't come close to killing them. In Empire Strikes Back, Lando, Chewie and Leia kill quite a few in their escape, and Lando's sunday security team captures them pretty easily. In Return of the Jedi they get... beaten by teddy bears. In Rebels they're laughable jokes that get beat by S1 Ezra's slingshot thing.

FO Storms>Imperial Storms. The clones are probably better than the FO Storms but they're basically fodder in this fight.

#67 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

@necromancer76:

And Commando droids who were a challenge for some lesser Jedi of the era,

Somewhat. But the Commandos would usually beat the crap out of clones.

But she lost. She’s supposed to have the best of the best experience and she lost to a janitor who has shown some level of skill at combat despite being beaten by a random stormtrooper in TFA.

Read the goddamn RT. What does it matter if he's a janitor? He has impressive feats. Also, the one known as TR-8R is not a random Stormtrooper as explained in the RT.

She only lost because Finn had apparently fallen to his doom and caught her off guard- she actually beat him.

She also was dumb enough to switch from her rifle to her staff thing to fight Finn, so her intelligence level is significantly lower than Rex.

FO Stormtroopers clearly value melee combat, so they sometimes fight with melee weapons instead of firearms. We see this in TFA with Finn vs TR-8R (can't recall his actual FN number) and again with Finn vs Phasma. Finn could also have used a gun from a fallen Stormtrooper.

#68 Edited by Wolfrazer (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: Death Star having circumstances surrounding as to why, that’s not really viable against them.

It was only a handful of Storms that dominated a Rebel defense. I find that better than some villagers with blasters.

Two Scouts used stealth tactics against Leia on Endor and had her captured. Another shot her off her speeder bike. They also captured Han, Chewie, Leia and a Rebel strike force on Endor.

But I mean if you wanna say the FO are better than them still. How exactly is that impressive given what the Canon is doing to them, especially what Rebels showed? It’s not.

The clones are fodder? So what? That’s still number advantage against her if they are better than the FO which does appear so. Plus they have better arms and aim far greater than Rose who isn’t even a real combatant.

#69 Edited by bigsambino87 (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

Rex and the Clones. They were all trained to kill Jedi. Not just any Jedi, but the best of the best of the Jedi. Phasma and the FO don't stand a chance.

#70 Posted by Necromancer76 (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: Yes they would, but Rex beat them all the time, implying his superiority over Phasma.

I didn’t say he didn’t have impressive feats, but his don’t compare to those of Rex.

Just read about that trooper. He’s a random storm trooper. With a name. He killed mining workers and villagers. And he beat Finn. That’s not good for either of them.

And it took her long enough to do it. She’s supposed to be the best of the best. If that’s the best the FO can offer, they’d be murder-stomped by clones like Gregor and Rex.

Ok gr8. Sad for all the 5 stormtroopers because clones don’t. They all kill the troopers and then all team up on Phasma. The end.

#71 Edited by RuizhiPieter (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, Phasma is a scrye warrior, and so what if she is? She learned close range combat.So Rex taking her blaster down wont make trouble. Phasma uses a Chronium armor which we could see at TLJ could withstand blaster fire, I dont see how Rex could take her down, wait also one thing, we also know that Phasma’s armor can eithdtand fire based on TLJ.

#72 Edited by RuizhiPieter (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: You could find the answer in Phasma novel, Im not going to spoil it of course.

Edit: kind of, dont buy it if your not intrested in Phasma’s backstory and General Hux full name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
#73 Posted by deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b (3700 posts) - - Show Bio

@jirou:

She was beating Finn, who again, has lots of feats in the RT I linked. Her armor is also far better than Rex's, seeing how Rose's blaster shot merely bounced off her shoulder. We don't really have solid 1v1 feats for Rex in TCW but in Rebels he was losing to Pryce in a H2H battle.

Rex definitely won't demolish Phasma, if anything, Phasma demolishes him.

Her armour is like that because of the chromium tinting, and it was a glancing shot from a distance. Upclose and with sustaining fire it will penetrate. Also rex has grenades and years more experience than her. And why on earth you keep using feats of rex when hes almost 60 is beyond me.

#74 Posted by Wolfrazer (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruizhipieter: Honestly? I couldn't care less about any of these new characters or the era beyond at this point, which I really did want to like it but the way the movies, especially TLJ turned out it just didn't hit me.

#75 Posted by RuizhiPieter (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Oh, well I was just telling you, Although if you dont like these new era, at least read at the wikepedia what First Order Stormtroopers do, its up to you.

#76 Posted by Wolfrazer (16191 posts) - - Show Bio