Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MyronLee26
 Captain Nova vs Green Lantern Batman
 Captain Nova vs Green Lantern Batman

Battle takes place anywhere from Earth to outer space. Steve Rogers has use of being empowered by the Nova Force, and Batman has use of being empowered by the Green Lantern Ring. Who will win?
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch

oooooo cool fight.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Oh, snap! Because I hold Steve in high regards, I'm going with him in this fight.

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By odinforce
batman with will-power ring = over-powered
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MutenRoshi

Captain Nova feats?

The Gray Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By The Gray Fox

I am going with Steve. He's got Worldmind to back him up. Bruce can't even use the ring properly, not without straining himself. Now...if this were the Elseworlds GL Batman that would be a different story. If that were the case I think I would have to settle on them stalemating each other following a battle spanning several months.

ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ndm5
@MutenRoshi said:
Captain Nova feats?

yea this is the first time i have heard of captain nova. what can he do guys?
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I was just about to make this..
Going with Bats here.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MyronLee26
@ndm5: Captain Nova is who Steve Rogers briefly became when he had help from the Worldmind, and gained the Nova Force after  Nova (Richard Rider) was possessed by the Serpent Crown.  

So he has pretty much the same level of power that Nova had when he gained the entire Nova Force
ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ndm5
@MyronLee26 said:
@ndm5: Captain Nova is who Steve Rogers briefly became when he had help from the Worldmind, and gained the Nova Force after  Nova (Richard Rider) was possessed by the Serpent Crown.   So he has pretty much the same level of power that Nova had when he gained the entire Nova Force

okay so you are telling me a tactical genious and one of the best hand to hand fighters in marvel... is given the full nova force AND worldmind? damn im gunna have to go with steve here... and any prep batman may have will be useless cause 1) steve is and expert at prep himself (not as good as bats though) and 2) he has worldmind there to assist
MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MyronLee26
@ndm5:  
If Steve kept the Nova Force, dude would be pretty much unstoppable.   
Steve has shown and proven that he capable of gaining the upperhand in situations that Batman can only accomplish WITH prep-time. Heck, Cap almost succeeded in KILLING Thor when he had the OdinForce (even though he got killed at the end, lol). Plus Cap is just as skilled as Bats as far as Fighting Skills, but Cap has more of en edge. He's displayed superhuman-level feats on several occasion, and he has more battle experience than Bats does. 
ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ndm5
@MyronLee26 said:
@ndm5:  If Steve kept the Nova Force, dude would be pretty much unstoppable.   Steve has shown and proven that he capable of gaining the upperhand in situations that Batman can only accomplish WITH prep-time. Heck, Cap almost succeeded in KILLING Thor when he had the OdinForce (even though he got killed at the end, lol). Plus Cap is just as skilled as Bats as far as Fighting Skills, but Cap has more of en edge. He's displayed superhuman-level feats on several occasion, and he has more battle experience than Bats does. 

i agree with everything you just said (im on the side that says cap>batman) but battle experience is about them same. the way i see it is, captain is the best field comander out there, and batman is the best detective out there... now what about captain batman? with a green lantern ring and the full nova force?!?!?!?! AND MJOLNIR!!!! now that... would be to awesome
MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MyronLee26
@ndm5: Their fighting skills are pretty much equaled. but their battle experience differs. Bruce was never in any major wars or in an actual battlefield environment during his initial stint as Batman, and was only trained beforehand. while Cap fought in World War II, and had some experience with the Invaders around the same time. 
ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ndm5
@MyronLee26
now lets not forget experience is not only in the form of wars, that is why i said steve is the field comander and bruce is the detective. one could argue that cap has more military training whereas bats has more detective trainning. both are very unique and both are very usefull on a team. 

captain america is the perfect leader because he is a brilliant war/battlefield tactition. he can process new information very quickly and adapt his plans to the changing situations. captain america in the comics is generally portrayed as the best field comander due to the fact he can make plans and devise a plan on the go. captain america is always ready to face the fight head on. he will never back down from a foe, he will always stand up against any threat to his flag.

batman is the best detective, he is an excellent hunter in the sense that he can resaerch and stalk you to figure out who you are, what your weakness is, and how do i nail your weakness hard. batman too is a master of preparation. only with batman it is a little different. batman makes a plan from learning all there is to know about a character. he pre plans everything, he makes multiple plans for different scenarios because believe it or not, things don't always go as planned ;) 

as you can see, both are needed on a team. you need your fearless leader that will always be thinking of plans to keep up with the pace of the fight. and you also need the brilliant plan maker, that can and will be prepared for everything. 

experience is more than just war :)
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By isaac_clarke

Rogers because as far as I remember, Batman isn't very good with the rings, while Steve took the Nova Force in him without a problem and was kicking rear with it for the issue.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Erik

Why would Batman have a hard time using the rings? That would imply he has no vision, focus or will.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MyronLee26
@erik said:
Why would Batman have a hard time using the rings? That would imply he has no vision, focus or will.
He did have a hard time controlling the Green Lantern Ring in that issue....if my memory serves me correctly.  
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By progenitorigin

Captain Nova w/ Worldmind ftw.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

As opposed to Batman (who had Hal's ring for a couple of minutes), Steve actually utilized the Nova Force intelligently, and went toe to toe with Nova (who was at the time under the influence of the Serpent Crown). This isn't us imagining what Batman would do if he had accustomed himself to the ring, or if he had formal GL training. Because, quite simply, that's an imaginary version of a fictional character. There's nothing to estimate the outcome by, since everyone may have a different idea on just how competent Batman would be (for the record, I think he'd be very good under those conditions). As it stands, Batman has 0 feats and no training, all the while Steve has a very solid perfomance as well as the WorldMind to guide, and instruct him through combat.

Steve wins.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:

As opposed to Batman (who had Hal's ring for a couple of minutes), Steve actually utilized the Nova Force intelligently, and went toe to toe with Nova (who was at the time under the influence of the Serpent Crown). This isn't us imagining what Batman would do if he had accustomed himself to the ring, or if he had formal GL training. Because, quite simply, that's an imaginary version of a fictional character. There's nothing to estimate the outcome by, since everyone may have a different idea on just how competent Batman would be (for the record, I think he'd be very good under those conditions). As it stands, Batman has 0 feats and no training, all the while Steve has a very solid perfomance as well as the WorldMind to guide, and instruct him through combat.

Steve wins.

Here here.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By difficlus
@Morpheus_ said:

Steve wins.

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lantian1
@MyronLee26: Batman's problem was letting go of the death of his parents the very thing that drives him.

When Batman put the ring on. Hal was telling him to remember when Batman was born and released a massive amount of power as constructs of bats.

Then formed contructs of his parents In order to put that night behind him. However Batman posesses such willpower that he refuses to do so. instead he wants to keep this driving force to continue his fight

In my opinion Batman is the one person who's willpower surpasses Hal Jordan.

Batman with experience ring slinging would be a power to be reckoned with and I just don't see Cap winning agains that.
Avatar image for redranger_konnor
RedRanger_Konnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RedRanger_Konnor

Eh idk.  I like cap and bats just about the same. But I really dont care for Nova and Green Lantern has been pretty cool to me anyways. As for fighting experience yeah cap has more but when dc and marvel fought Batman beat Captain America. So it really depends on which force is greater GL corps or the Nova Corps.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By PowerHerc

Captain Nova defeats Green Batlantern.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MyronLee26
@RedRanger_Konnor:  
Well actually, Cap had the upperhand in the fight for the most part, but Bats took advantage of the sewage drain. Lol. But in both Marvel vs DC and JLA/Avengers, Bats even said that Cap has a slight edge and that he could beat him. But crossovers arent canon, so i guess its just for reference i guess. Lol
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By karrob
@odinforce said:
batman with will-power ring = over-powered
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COSMIC FINAL JUSTICE!
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve wins.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think steve nova would get beat by Rich nova

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MyronLee26
@FortressoftheMoon said:
COSMIC FINAL JUSTICE!
MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MyronLee26
@spiderbat87
How you figure that?
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#32  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@MyronLee26 said:
@spiderbat87
How you figure that?
I dont mean thats what would happen just that's what should
MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MyronLee26

BUMP

Avatar image for maxwell_lord_the_fourth
Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with Steve here;mainly because he has the worldmind with him.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MyronLee26

Bump

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Iragexcudder

Captain Nova FTW. Cap has worldmind and batman technically has nothing. Batman uses fear to his advantage so the willpower green ring wouldn't do anything significant.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jeanroygrant

Steve

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nova Prime takes any Green Lantern ignoring any mega-boosts like Ion or Parallax, and seeing as Steve was no slouch with Nova's powers I'll go with him.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would be a lot more effective if he had the yellow ring, Captain Nova FTW

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Steve wins.

Preach.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dondave

Cap

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

richer rider >>>>>>>>>>>>> hal Jordan > john > kyle > captain America (nova) > batman (lantern)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirnicktheepic

richer rider >>>>>>>>>>>>> hal Jordan > john > kyle > captain America (nova) > batman (lantern)

Based on what?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither have many feats. This thread should be locked
SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: the fact that he has all the nova force and world mind... the nova force is only limited due to the worldmind holding the user back much like the power ring is limited on the will of the user... sooo basically nova prime (richard) has power equivalent to every lantern combined but because hes a good space cop and has the worldmind he holds it back... morals off no one survives

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirnicktheepic And on what basis do you determine that the Nova Force even makes him equal to one Lantern? I don't see anything stopping Hal from trapping Richard in his Lantern, Pocket Dimension, Central Power Battery, slowing down time, sending him him into the future or using his Molecular Manipulation.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

how do you know nova cant do the same? hes faster than hal and so is the world mind... hal has human speed thinking nova has the worldmind which read the silver surfer was approaching before surfer was near them... surfer travels a few million times the speed of light.... hal doesn't nova can move a few hundred times the speed of light open a stargate in lanterns head games over. gravity lock on hal he cant move.... or the lantern is an energy weapon nova can drain the energy from it or absorb what ever hal throws at him

as stated: nova prime >>>>>>>>>>> hal

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dondave:

how do you know nova cant do the same? hes faster than hal and so is the world mind... hal has human speed thinking nova has the worldmind which read the silver surfer was approaching before surfer was near them... surfer travels a few million times the speed of light.... hal doesn't nova can move a few hundred times the speed of light open a stargate in lanterns head games over. gravity lock on hal he cant move.... or the lantern is an energy weapon nova can drain the energy from it or absorb what ever hal throws at him

as stated: nova prime >>>>>>>>>>> hal

Sorry but Nova is not bigger than Hal .Also Hal can dilate the time in a fraction of nanosecond(picosecond)

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SirNickTheEpic

@dorukesin:

lantern ring is the same as the nova force.... normal nova hal can beat nova prime hes doesn't theres no way