#101 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: no, not abc logic. CM has just beaten better people. Beating people like superman and BA are just great feats. And it just so happens that sinestro can't say the same. It's not abc logic just because I'm comparing their feats and saying that sinestro can't do what CM. I'm comparing their feats, because this is in battles. And the fact of the matter is, CM has more impressive combat feats since he beat SM and BA. The fact that Sinestro doesn't have the feats to beat CM are a good indication that CM is more than capable of winning this. Furthermore, the fact that I pointed out that Sinestro would be incapable of doing the very feats that CM has accomplished in beating SM and BA further proves that point that CM takes this one.

#102 Posted by The_Dog_of_War (2133 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Captain Marvel has stalemated Black Adam 3 times.

The Power of SHAZAM! graphic novel:

https://imgur.com/a/basjb

The Power of SHAZAM! #47:

https://imgur.com/a/vXGaW

Hawkman #24:

https://imgur.com/gallery/X3uGk

#103 Posted by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

still sinestro. Smarter, faster, has the durability to tank any hit marvel may get in, and sinestros constructs have harmed heavy hitters like lobo, blocked blasts from ion Kyle, as well as restrained people like ion Kyle and parallax Hal (the latter was briefly) but parallax Hal>>>>>> captain marvel. Sinestro can literally just restrain marvel, then stab him with a construct

#104 Edited by agent41 (15235 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: Sinstro has overall better feats and has faced bigger threats.

#105 Posted by playerx-tr (610 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel <=> Black Adam

Black Adam > Sinestro

Captain Marvel wins with high difficulty

#107 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: the problem is, ion Kyle and parallax Hal are so inconsistent in power. BA is not. Do you think sinestro can beat Black Adam or even stalemate him?

#108 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: the idea that piercing CM is all fine and dandy except the fact that he has a healing factor. Is not going to keep him down. Shazam got stabbed from the back all the way through the front with a massive blade from grail and Shazam is an extremely watered down version of CM.

#109 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I'm not saying that CM is better than superman or black Adam or that he would take the majority. They both have better feats than CM but that being said he is still in their weight class. He's still on their level to be able to compete. Hell he even took them out before. This thread isn't about CM vs BA or vs supes. But what he has done to each of them are perfectly valid and big feats that cannot be ignored because they have happened multiple times. And they demonstrate that CM is on their level. There are people on superman's level for example that I feel he takes the majority over but that doesn't mean thay aren't his level and able to compete. Someone like sinestro wouldn't be able to beat the likes of BA or Superman at all, without an amp, which is another reason why he isn't on that level. CM has demonstrated many times that he is.

#111 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: There is no hope debating someone who thinks that Sinestro can beat Black Adam lol. Not to mention someone who blatantly ignores the many scans Nick1994 posted of CM stalemating BA and it doesn't require "plot" for him to do it. Also, when CM cheapshotted supes and knocked him out, magic was not used, it may be the source of his strength, but it was his striking power that proved capable to ko SUPERMAN cheap shot or not, that's a big feat for striking power.

#113 Posted by TheArchon (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: There is no hope debating someone who thinks that Sinestro can beat Black Adam lol. Not to mention someone who blatantly ignores the many scans Nick1994 posted of CM stalemating BA and it doesn't require "plot" for him to do it. Also, when CM cheapshotted supes and knocked him out, magic was not used, it may be the source of his strength, but it was his striking power that proved capable to ko SUPERMAN cheap shot or not, that's a big feat for striking power.

Magic was definitely used since he had enhance his abilities with the lightning of Zeus.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#114 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly even as a bid CM fan I gotta say that Sinestro wins this match. This version of Billy is not faster than Sinestro unless we scale and strength isn't everytging especially against a Lantern as cunning as Sinestro. Doesn't help that Billy has few good durability feats while Sinestdo has tons.

#115 Edited by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: that feat is irrelevant. Grail is a post flashpoint character and only post crisis versions are being used here. Every feat I mentioned of sinestro happened during post crisis.

#118 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: and every feat of CM beating black Adam and stalemating him, and being able to ko supes and go toe to toe with him and not be bested are all post crisis. Going light speed to keep up with Wally west is post crisis. Everything except my statement about the Grail feat, which I followed up by saying new 52 Shazam is a watered down version of post crisis CM. he still has the healing factor post crisis.

#119 Posted by GuedesEvery (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel, is more stronger, powerful and faster than Sinestro, Sinestro can't do nothing to Captain Marvel

#120 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: this version of bully went light speed to keep up with Wally west.... are you saying that Sinestro is faster that post crisis Wally west?

#121 Posted by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: he mentioned new52shazam tanking a stab from grail as a way of supporting how post crisis billy can tank a piercing attack from sinestro constructs (like the one you posted). I don't know the issue he's referring to as I don't read Shazam

#122 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: Sinestro can travel at FTL speeds and can fight at faster speeds. Wally was not going at top speeds in the feat you are talking about IURC.

#123 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I'm not ignoring anything. I just haven't seen the feats from sinestro (without the parallax amp) to be able to hang with superman or Black Adam level characters. I'm not using abc logic in using CM's feats to gauge where I feel he falls in the rankings of DC amongst DC's powerful characters. Using the same scale, it is not apparent that Sinestro would be as high

#124 Posted by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: why are you mentioning stuff that I couldn't care less about, nor even brought up. You've already been slapped with the context behind billy knocking out superman, you're just continuing to ignore this. Even if billy

Is somehow on par with black Adam, this does not mean that he can beat sinestro. New52 feats are also not being used here whatsoever, so I don't know why you're bringing them up and continuing to insist that they somehow count

#127 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I will check the scans again, pretty sure they were going LS either way Billy can go that speed casually to get to the Rock of Eternity. You are right about everything else though.

#129 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Forgot about that. That is true but if you can fly at those speeds you can at least react at those speeds so there's that.

#131 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Captain Marvel should win this fight but I also know in a realistic scenario he's going to lose without help

#132 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: you say that yet you are still in denial that Billy is on par with BA. "Even if he is somehow on par with Black Adam" ummm he is lol check the scans or read CM. Sinestro would get his constructs busted by the likes of superman and BA and the same would happen if he fought CM

#133 Edited by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: too bad sinestro constructs have taken attacks from ion kyle and held just fine. You're acting as if they'd be casually smashed, when this isn't the case. Billy would actually need a good chunk of force to shatter them, and when sinestro can muti task as well as sinestro can, this bodes poorly for billy. There is nothing stopping sinestro from restraining him (he's held stronger) and shoving a construct through Billy's head (he done it to stronger)

#134 Posted by The_Dog_of_War (2133 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger:

[You don't have to be durable to resist reality manipulation, you just need feats to prove you can resist it. Billy doesn't have feats to prove he can resist constructs that damage Mongul and Mongul II amped with several Qwardian Power Rings.]

But see you're just jumping to an unfair assumption that sharp lantern constructs can hurt Cap even though he's never encountered them.

I can just as easily assume that sharp lantern constructs won't hurt him.

We don't know if they can or can't hurt him.

#135 Edited by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I did refer to several feats of CM fighting superman and CM fighting BA. The only person sinestro ever beat was Mongul who proved to be too much for sinestro by far. The ONLY reason sinestro beat Mongul was because of a fail safe he put in Monguls ring in case he ever turned on sinestro. Give me a break

#138 Posted by Frozen (21116 posts) - - Show Bio

Two things:

1. Black Adam is stronger than Captain Marvel, but Marvel is much faster
  2. Sinestro wins
#139 Posted by _Logos_ (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

There are inconsistencies to this I think. Has PC-Sinestro never been put down by the likes of Superman or beings on par with Superman, but he has also been able to take down/hurt Mongul as well?

#140 Posted by Sy8000 (35064 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro.

#141 Posted by The_Dog_of_War (2133 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Proof that Black Adam is stronger?

#142 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

There are inconsistencies to this I think. Has PC-Sinestro never been put down by the likes of Superman or beings on par with Superman, but he has also been able to take down/hurt Mongul as well?

He wasn't taken down by Mongul. He was hurt by him but this was a Mongul who was amped by multiple Sinestro rings. And he was a superman level being without them.(He was weaker than Superman but was stronger than Wonder Woman)

#143 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: the problem with that feat is ion Kyle is so inconsistent it's not even funny

#144 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that some think I'm using ABC logic is rediculous. ABC logic would be is CM beat Black Adam who beat Sinestro, then saying CM can beat sinestro because of this. Not what I'm saying as to my knowledge Black Adam and sinestro never fought. What I'm talking about is going based off of their showings, but more importantly, not assuming a character can do something they haven't before. For example, beating tanks like Black Adam and Superman. Captain Marvel has done this. Sinestro fought Mongul and THE ONLY REASON he won was due to a fail safe he placed in Monguls ring incase he ever turned. He was getting physically demolished. So based off of showings alone, we can't just assume Sinestro would be able to stalemate or beat the likes of SUPERMAN or BLACK ADAM and for the same reason it's silly to assume he can beat CM. look at who CM has beat. All of sinestros best feats are against lanterns this is his wheelhouse. His wheelhouse is not against superman level tanks. He has not proven this to be so. CM will have a hell of a fight on his hands and will likely be cut up and stabbed with a few of sinestros constructs but with his healing factor enhanced Durablility, the speed of mercury, and the rest of his powers that derive from 6 Greek gods that allow him to beat powerful tanks like BA and Supes he will be able to win the fight

#145 Posted by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: ion Kyle was actually pretty darn consistent. Sinestro is just that powerful, his feats support this

#146 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio
#147 Edited by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: which is supported by feats, meanwhile, all you've really presented is marvel being able to cheapshot superman and match black Adam, neither of which prove that he can win

#148 Edited by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: the superman feat demonstrated that CM hits hard enough to KO superman who is VASTLY more durable than sinestro. I know he cheap shotted him but it still takes a certain amount of force to KO supes. That is fact. And Black Adam is on another level than Sinestro he would have a solid majority. That is my opinion. CM stalemated BA several times. That is fact. If you have a disagreement that BA is above sinestro then I respect your differing opinion. Unless we are bringing about new info then we are just spinning our wheels here and it's just obvious that we disagree. Perfectly ok.

#149 Edited by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: it was a cheapshot and marvel had to charge his fist with his magic lightning first. The context was clearlyShown to you, yet you insist on passing it off as something to be taken seriously, it's already shown that being on par with Adam Isn't enough to beat sinestro, considering sinestro has already beaten people able To fight teth evenly in uncle sam

During infinite crisis. You can stand by your opinion all you want, but the feats disagree with it. Sinestro is faster in combat by feats, has the durability to tank whatever hits marvel may land (if any), and his constructs have the feats to restrain. Marvel and marvel doesn't have the feats to suggest that he can tank any piercing constructs that sinestro can casually use against him, krleavenger posted a nice example of the type of attack sinestro can use.

#150 Posted by Nathaniel_Adam (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

Lately, the arguments/statements for Sinestro were quite persuasive.