• Random encounter
  • No bfr
  • Pre 52 versions
  • Morals off
  • Bloodlusted
  • Start 100 ft apart

No Caption Provided
#2 Posted by Oni_Bane (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel, he is stronger and faster.

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oni_Banesaid:

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
#4 Posted by Parallax_Hal_Jordan (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Banesaid:

#5 Posted by IZZR (4890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Parallax_Hal_Jordan said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Banesaid:

That doesn't always constitute victory, Sinestro has more firepower, is a way better strategist and is the master of fear, he knows how to take a serious beating as was proved against Mongul.
#6 Posted by Oni_Bane (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Banesaid:

That doesn't always constitute victory, Sinestro has more firepower, is a way better strategist and is the master of fear, he knows how to take a serious beating as was proved against Mongul.

Really? On a website where Flash pretty much beats anyone because he is the fastest man alive or Superman who is apparently so powerful he can beat Goku. Come on bro.

Captain Marvel wrecks Sinestro rather quickly, a solid 3 piece combo he would put him down hard.

#7 Posted by toby5678910 (339 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oni_Bane said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Banesaid:

Really? On a website where Flash pretty much beats anyone because he is the fastest man alive or Superman who is apparently so powerful he can beat Goku. Come on bro.

Captain Marvel wrecks Sinestro rather quickly, a solid 3 piece combo he would put him down hard.

LOL then why does Batman with prep>all ???

Intelligence/Strategy > Strength/Speed

#8 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1957 posts) - - Show Bio

No contest really, Captain M takes it without really trying.

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@Parallax_Hal_Jordansaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Bane said:

Captain Marvel is also more durable. What's going to happen when Captain Marvel yells Shazam in his face,

#10 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oni_Bane said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Banesaid:

I agree with this.

#11 Posted by Oni_Bane (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Bane said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Banesaid:

I agree with this.

Thanks bro.

#12 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't see how Sinestro could hurt Marvel, unless he makes him revert to his Billy Batson shape I mean.

#13 Posted by Oni_Bane (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

@toby5678910 said:

@Oni_Bane said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Banesaid:

LOL then why does Batman with prep>all ???

Intelligence/Strategy > Strength/Speed

If that helps you sleep at night. But Cap has the Wisdom of Solomon, so I would venture to say he is more intelligent then Sinestro. Sinestro has no defense against Cap strength, speed, and durability far surpass Sinestro. Also a bloodlusted Cap is basically Black Adam who kills Sinestro easily.

#14 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oni_Bane said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Bane said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Oni_Banesaid:

I agree with this.

Thanks bro.

Np

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
#15 Edited by deactivated-5b2e798651249 (7245 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Sinestro. He's already taken a beating from Mongul and kept going. Mongul is stronger than Captain Marvel. Sinestro has been shown to be on the level of Hal Jordan, who could give Superman a great deal of trouble. (Superman>Captain Marvel.) I doubt that Cap is faster than Sinestro; Lanterns can travel halfway across a galaxy is a split second at warp speeds.

#16 Posted by IZZR (4890 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#17 Posted by GMMB (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I really would like to say Cap but Sinestro is smart enough to keep his distance and should win more often than not.

#19 Posted by marvelfan123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam FTW

#20 Edited by The_Dog_of_War (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel with mid-difficulty.

Sinestro's constructs would prove troublesome at first, but Captain Marvel would eventually close the distance and take him down.

#21 Posted by emperorthanos- (16392 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro should be able win this. He is likely faster, is more durable and has powerful blasts. And constructs can always help.

#22 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel is a notch above Sinestro. Stonger faster more durable

#23 Posted by emperorthanos- (16392 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: What are Captain Marvel's speed feats to suggest he is faster? In fact what does he have to suggest he more durable

#24 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel is a notch above Sinestro. Stonger faster more durable

To be fair, Sinestro isn't a strength-based character, so Billy, of course, would have that advantage. I think what is more important is who is more powerful, Captain Marvel's lightning or Sinestro's energy projection.

#25 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: sinestro should have him in that department I just don't see it stopping Billy from eventually closing the distance (rather quickly) and finishing him

#26 Posted by emperorthanos- (16392 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: sinestro should have him in that department I just don't see it stopping Billy from eventually closing the distance (rather quickly) and finishing him

Again what exactly does Shazam have in the speed department to suggest he is going to bltiz Sinestro like this.

#27 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

I see, I'm not in any way or form a Sinestro expert, but I merely wanted to point that out. I still would probably give this to Sinestro due to raw power and Billy doesn't have an answer to some of his abilities.

#28 Edited by Vertigo- (17731 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll back Sinestro for a solid majority. The damage output he can exert should wear down Captain Marvel. Considering Sinestros constructs were able to restrain a Parallax possessed Hal for a time during Blackest Night, Restrain an Ion possessed Kyle Rayner as well as flat out block his construct attacks, as well as stagger and do some serious damage to heavy hitters like Lobo in Brightest Day IIRC, not to mention his wins against Mongul Jr, Billy goes down eventually

#29 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: I don't really feel like digging up feats but if you're interested in the character you should read up CM is a cool character. Anyway he is generally portrayed as around the same speed as superman and Wonder Woman who are both faster than sinestro as far as combat speed and CM can go blow to blow with the likes of Superman and Black Adam. Sinestro would not be able to slug it out with these caliber characters blow for blow. as newworldorder stated he relies more on his energy protection

#30 Posted by destinyman75 (14311 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is powerful and strong, but Sinstro should win here. Sinstro has far better feats, plenty of will power to make his ring and constructs powerful enough to take marvel down

#31 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro in a tough fight

#32 Edited by emperorthanos- (16392 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777 said:

@emperorthanos: I don't really feel like digging up feats but if you're interested in the character you should read up CM is a cool character. Anyway he is generally portrayed as around the same speed as superman and Wonder Woman who are both faster than sinestro as far as combat speed and CM can go blow to blow with the likes of Superman and Black Adam. Sinestro would not be able to slug it out with these caliber characters blow for blow. as newworldorder stated he relies more on his energy protection

I would like to see feats really. Because I have heard he supposed to be at that speed but he has no feats to back it up. And Saying Sinestro is not on the level of Superman or Wonder Woman is also no true. The lantern ring alone allows one to operate in nanoseconds. While Sinestro has a definite FTL combat feat in his fight with Hal in Green Lantern Rebirth.

Sinestro doesn't need to slug it out. He can just blast Shazam back from a far and take him out. Sinestro has taken hits from Superman level foes such as Mongul II and Lobo. And unless Shazam has the durability I don't see why one powerful blast wouldn't just take him out.

#33 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by emperorthanos- (16392 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: then look them up lol. The fact that Captain Marvel is a superman and Wonder Woman tier character pretty much sums it up. Mongul II isn't on par with superman. Nor is lobo. Considering CM is regularly portrayed as superman level, how about an instance when sinestro could hold his own or even beat the likes of someone on Superman, CM, or Diana's level because he doesn't have the durability to take many hits from these characters and they do have the durablility to take shots from sinestro while they close the distance

P.s. Anyone who doesn't agree that CM is a superman / Wonder Woman level character is either bias or doesn't know DC and furthermore I will not waste my time debating them

#36 Posted by Vertigo- (17731 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when the hell is Lobo not a superman level character?

#37 Edited by The_Dog_of_War (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos:

•Speed

He has moved at light speed along with Wally West:

https://imgur.com/a/uwUCg

Speed-blitzed Superman before he could react:

https://imgur.com/Icg5TtK

Speed-blitzed Eclipso-Superman:

https://imgur.com/nJ0PBpJ

•Durability.

Tanks punches from Eclipso-Superman:

https://imgur.com/a/gCzuK

Survives a Tesseract bomb:

https://imgur.com/CdUkPQv

Survives attacks from the Void Hound (the Void Hound destroyed 10 Star Systems in a test run):

https://imgur.com/a/eC86N

Endures 5th Dimensional firestorms:

https://imgur.com/a/jFG8a

Survives the Spectre's attacks:

https://imgur.com/a/f3RUV

#38 Posted by emperorthanos- (16392 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777:

then look them up lol. The fact that Captain Marvel is a superman and Wonder Woman tier character pretty much sums it up. Mongul II isn't on par with superman. Nor is lobo. Considering CM is regularly portrayed as superman level, how about an instance when sinestro could hold his own or even beat the likes of someone on Superman, CM, or Diana's level because he doesn't have the durability to take many hits from these characters and they do have the durablility to take shots from sinestro while they close the distance

You can't say he is a superman and wonderwoman tier character without the eats to back them up. Hell Superman and Wonder Woman aren't even the same tier. Lobo has consistently been on Superman's level based of their actual fights. Mongull II actually took out Wonder Woman with ease in the past. So either you don't who these characters our you are blatantly lowballing.

This is the kind of argument one brings up when a character doesn't actually have any feats to support his argument so he talks about how he is portrayed. Prove he is that strong instead of just saying so. and Besides I never said he wasn't on their level. Being on their level doesn't automatically make you win a battle. Sinestro is on their level too. Shazam has lilek one advantage here which is strength. But that means nothing against an opponent faster than him, durable enough to tank his attacks and powerful to take him out.

#39 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: it's a powerset. One of his many that allow him to be a superman / Wonder Woman tier character in DC. I'm not anyone's encyclopedia nor do I care to waste my time debating someone who is closed minded. I have shared my opinion with you and if you care so much then why don't you go digging (without confirmation bias) and find the info yourself because you come off like the type to not believe someone else's opinion or even hear it out just because it conflicts with your own. I'd start with any of the many comics where CM goes toe to toe with Superman and also when he fights Black Adam, some of which he beats BA, who btw has beaten superman. If you do that with an open mind, I am confident that you will view CM as a Superman / Wonder Woman level character.

Then to look at sinestro look at his best showings against superman level characters. They just aren't there. Lobo? Please. Mongul II? Not on par with Superman and mind you he was dealing with sinestro handily before sinestro beat him with a fail safe he put in Mongols yellow ring. So when you talk about feats against top tier characters, superman level characters, sinestro is the only one here who is lacking

#40 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick1994: thank you. Getting ready for bed and didn't feel like bothering

#41 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by emperorthanos- (16392 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: I'm close minded for asking you to back your claims? Really. To actually provide feats instead of saying stuff. Inever said he wasn't on superman's level. I just asked you to prove it. Which you still haven't

#43 Posted by The_Dog_of_War (2146 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by Vertigo- (17731 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: I never said Lobo has defeated Superman. What I said was that "since when the hell is Lobo not a superman level character?" I said this because Lobo is able to contend physically with Superman just fine from what I understand

#45 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: so beating Black Adam does nothing for you? That feat alone should put you at Superman level. Not to mention the times he has stalemated or bested Superman. All of which are feats that Sinestro is incapable of without a significant amp

#46 Edited by Vertigo- (17731 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Tag TifaLockhart for me will ya? She'll get a real kick out of this guy saying that Lobo isn't on Superman's level. Plus, she's really knowledgable on him to boot. I would, but I'm on mobile

#47 Edited by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: depends on the writer but he typically has more of a shot hanging with Clark because of his insane healing factor not due to any crazy power output

#48 Posted by emperorthanos- (16392 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart It seems people don't think Lobo is superman level.

#49 Posted by The_Dog_of_War (2146 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about lobo compared to some lobo expert but the fact of the matter is, nick1994 posted more than sufficient scans including CM going light speed. Not to mention CM has taken out Superman and Black Adam before. So until sinestro has feats of taking out characters like black Adam and Superman let me know. That's what I meant when reguarding Lobo. Beating Lobo is not on par as a feat as beating Superman and that's a fact. Same goes for Black Adam