• Standard versions.
  • In character.
  • Perfect Teamwork.
  • Who wins?
#3 Edited by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1. Black adam >/= superman

Captain marvel = wonder woman

#4 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6720 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd bet on team 1. I've always gotten the feeling that the only reason CM and BA aren't put above the boy scout is because he's DC's coverboy....

Anyway based on real talk, even ignoring the b.s.

BA is above WW (I think it's clear because she needed the nth metal Mace to take him out and I'm pretty sure he's got a thing for her on some level), and CM should be strong enough to hold his own until his senior jumps in to help him. As long as neither person shouts their magic word, neither should be taken down.

#5 Posted by The_Red_Devil (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 , Adam's magic could be enough to put down Superman and Billy takes out WW.

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio

Toss up

#7 Posted by skywalker95 (4992 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam Brothers got this

#8 Edited by kgb725 (19545 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is shazam

#9 Posted by Rac95 (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1. Black adam >/= superman

Captain marvel = wonder woman

This. You could even make a case of Shazam atleast stalemating Clark

#10 Posted by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: is that a John Cena reference ?

#11 Posted by kgb725 (19545 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by StormShadow_X (16788 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Team 1 for an edge, weakest link is billy but i think Adam has the slightest edge over clark

#13 Posted by Wot_m8 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#14 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10045 posts) - - Show Bio

Can go either way.

I'm leaning towards Team 1 the Shazam Brothers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
#15 Posted by deactivated-5cc073360931e (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving it to team 2

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#16 Posted by blackpantherisb (7337 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 every day of the week.

#17 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#18 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17024 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

#19 Posted by green_skaar (12549 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#20 Posted by Wot_m8 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#21 Edited by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 because Billy is a weak link.

#22 Edited by thebuckaronatr (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

BA is above WW (I think it's clear because she needed the nth metal Mace to take him out and I'm pretty sure he's got a thing for her on some level), and CM should be strong enough to hold his own until his senior jumps in to help him. As long as neither person shouts their magic word, neither should be taken down.

Diana's own weapons would work just fine and Adam never had a thing for Diana, he is doubtless below Diana by now. But Adam is with feats from before flashpoint better. Billy on the other hand is the weakest link here and the reason why team 1 loses.

#23 Edited by gunchar16 (1874 posts) - - Show Bio
@thebuckaronatr said:
@hypnos0929 said:

Diana's own weapons would work just fine and Adam never had a thing for Diana, he is doubtless below Diana by now. But Adam is with feats from before flashpoint better. Billy on the other hand is the weakest link here and the reason why team 1 loses.

This, lol at the Mace being a notable upgrade to Wonder Woman or Black Adam being in love headcanon.

#24 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6720 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunchar16:

I don't think he loves her but I don't think it's unreasonable to say he's attracted to her. And the Mace Diana hit him with, the same mace that ended that fight was made of nth metal, and as per Dark Knights Metal, we know nth metal not only has abnormally strong properties it actually affects DNA. So yeah I think she won because of the mace and luck. Instead of bull rushing her after he knocked her through a wall he stopped moving and gave her time to get the Mace and swing.

@hypnos0929 said:

I'm not saying that Diana is going to always lose to Teth but I don't think he's below her. Even with weapons I still can't see her taking an absolute victory over him. I think BA would have a slight thing for her because of the logic behind it. We know that him and Superman have traded blows, real blows, yet he's never even made her bleed? We know that he's still a man and has a thing for attractive women, as per WW3, and we know both are two of the oldest "heroes" on earth. Hell both are practically anti-heroes. It may be a stretch but I don't think it's unreasonable to say he holds back when fighting her.

#25 Posted by TifaLockhart (21167 posts) - - Show Bio

With perfect teamwork I'd back the Shazams. Magic is Superman's vulnerability and Cap at least has shown to actually use magic offensively. Wonder Woman gets straight up overpowered.

#26 Posted by Marishtar (2174 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Marishtar (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart said:

With perfect teamwork I'd back the Shazams. Magic is Superman's vulnerability and Cap at least has shown to actually use magic offensively. Wonder Woman gets straight up overpowered.

With perfect teamwork would Wondy protect Supes from their magic like she did against Circe and deal with Shazam, while Supes deals with BAdam.

#28 Posted by Marishtar (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunchar16:

I don't think he loves her but I don't think it's unreasonable to say he's attracted to her. And the Mace Diana hit him with, the same mace that ended that fight was made of nth metal, and as per Dark Knights Metal, we know nth metal not only has abnormally strong properties it actually affects DNA. So yeah I think she won because of the mace and luck. Instead of bull rushing her after he knocked her through a wall he stopped moving and gave her time to get the Mace and swing.

@thebuckaronatr said:
@hypnos0929 said:

I'm not saying that Diana is going to always lose to Teth but I don't think he's below her. Even with weapons I still can't see her taking an absolute victory over him. I think BA would have a slight thing for her because of the logic behind it. We know that him and Superman have traded blows, real blows, yet he's never even made her bleed? We know that he's still a man and has a thing for attractive women, as per WW3, and we know both are two of the oldest "heroes" on earth. Hell both are practically anti-heroes. It may be a stretch but I don't think it's unreasonable to say he holds back when fighting her.

No Caption Provided

I have already seen a lot of creative lowballing of Wondy, but BAdam holding back because he had a thing for attractive women in an old story line or Hawkman's mace as serious gamechanger probably takes the cake.

#29 Posted by agent41 (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunchar16:

@thebuckaronatr said:
@hypnos0929 said:

There is nothing there to assume that Black Adam held back while fighting Wonder Woman. Come on now, that sounds like something coming out of one of those old movies where women were seen as fragil individuals that need saving all the time. Wonder Woman is a powerhouse, and she doesn't lack the stats to trade blows with somebody like BA. As she has traded real blows with Superman as well. Her power source is basically the same source as Ahazam. Although she has overall better feats than him.

#30 Posted by Itachus17 (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

WW and Supes, especially with perfect teamwork.

#31 Edited by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio

damn ouhhef i made the right call saying this as a toss up

#32 Posted by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#33 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (7203 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2, somebody’s getting lassoed.

#34 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6720 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

There is nothing there to assume that Black Adam held back while fighting Wonder Woman. Come on now, that sounds like something coming out of one of those old movies where women were seen as fragil individuals that need saving all the time. Wonder Woman is a powerhouse, and she doesn't lack the stats to trade blows with somebody like BA. As she has traded real blows with Superman as well. Her power source is basically the same source as Ahazam. Although she has overall better feats than him.

Nothing there except for the fact he slowed down! When have you ever known Black Adam, the man who's slaughtered civilians, had decided to be friends with Sinestro, and threatened to kill hero after hero, to slow down during a fight he wanted to win? This ain't no movie because if it was he'd be the cold blooded killer he always has been. Do you honestly think Wonder Woman is so fast that she can recover, think and then move her body faster than the man who's thrown hands with Superman and Shazam? He was fighting with her then all of a sudden he hit her through a wall then magically decided to give her time to think? Come on we all know thats b.s..

And her power source is nothing like the champions of Shazam. Both Teth and Billy have direct links of power to their gods, meanwhile Diana couldn't even tell that Zeus was with her for days before he showed her. Shazam, aka Billy, gets the power of Zeus, her father, on top of 3 other godly powers yet somehow she's equal to him? To put it simply we've always known DC keeps Billy and Teth downplayed to keep their original creations on top. Billy acts like a stupid kid around the JLA but when he became God of gods he somehow took out Yuga Khan in a few pages? Teth somehow took on leagues, fought off Jay Gerrick, and shrugged off magic from Dr. Fate but struggles with people like Diana? I call B.S because every time he or any real villain gets around Superman or Batman or Diana they suddenly forget how smart they are, suddenly they arent that fast, and suddenly they're laughably vulnerable.

@marishtar:

I have already seen a lot of creative lowballing of Wondy, but BAdam holding back because he had a thing for attractive women in an old story line or Hawkman's mace as serious gamechanger probably takes the cake.

You mean the same Mace that helped them win a war? A mace that they could not win without? You're acting as if nth metal wasn't hyped and reconned into being much more important and powerful. Can you honestly say for that story series that the Mace is the exact same it's always been? That hawkman and hawkgirl were just the B list heroes that they were before. No one who read that series would say that. And I'm not lowballing Diana, she's still a powerhouse but that doesn't mean she can beat Adam. She can beat Superman because he's a child with nuclear energy, facing Adam who's much more skilled, practically as old, and has more time to hone his powers isn't going to be the same fight.

#35 Posted by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's write a unpopular comment

Thor solos all of them via speedbiltz

#36 Posted by Itachus17 (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's write a unpopular comment

Thor solos all of them via speedbiltz

Even that might make more sense than what i've just read XD.

#37 Posted by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by agent41 (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:

@agent41:

Nothing there except for the fact he slowed down! When have you ever known Black Adam, the man who's slaughtered civilians, had decided to be friends with Sinestro, and threatened to kill hero after hero, to slow down during a fight he wanted to win? This ain't no movie because if it was he'd be the cold blooded killer he always has been. Do you honestly think Wonder Woman is so fast that she can recover, think and then move her body faster than the man who's thrown hands with Superman and Shazam? He was fighting with her then all of a sudden he hit her through a wall then magically decided to give her time to think? Come on we all know thats b.s..

And her power source is nothing like the champions of Shazam. Both Teth and Billy have direct links of power to their gods, meanwhile Diana couldn't even tell that Zeus was with her for days before he showed her. Shazam, aka Billy, gets the power of Zeus, her father, on top of 3 other godly powers yet somehow she's equal to him? To put it simply we've always known DC keeps Billy and Teth downplayed to keep their original creations on top. Billy acts like a stupid kid around the JLA but when he became God of gods he somehow took out Yuga Khan in a few pages? Teth somehow took on leagues, fought off Jay Gerrick, and shrugged off magic from Dr. Fate but struggles with people like Diana? I call B.S because every time he or any real villain gets around Superman or Batman or Diana they suddenly forget how smart they are, suddenly they arent that fast, and suddenly they're laughably vulnerable.

@marishtar:

You mean the same Mace that helped them win a war? A mace that they could not win without? You're acting as if nth metal wasn't hyped and reconned into being much more important and powerful. Can you honestly say for that story series that the Mace is the exact same it's always been? That hawkman and hawkgirl were just the B list heroes that they were before. No one who read that series would say that. And I'm not lowballing Diana, she's still a powerhouse but that doesn't mean she can beat Adam. She can beat Superman because he's a child with nuclear energy, facing Adam who's much more skilled, practically as old, and has more time to hone his powers isn't going to be the same fight.

Diana has a healing factor, that allows her to recover fast and not slow down that easily even after serious damage. Yes Diana is fast enough to keep up with either of them in combat, and has done so already. She has kept up with Superman in combat many times too. Diana has powers from more than 3 Gods, including powers from Zeus. And let me clarify that Shazam and Diana having powers from Zeus, doesn't mean they are equal to Zeus. And please don't give me the excuse "DC doesn't want this or that character to shine" Because i can say the same about Diana. Her whole concept when she was created was, stronger than Hercules(Shazam's strength source), faster than Mercury(Shazam's speed source), wiser than Athena etc. She gets ignored by DC just as much as anybody else not named Batman and Superman. She used to be constantly facing and surpassing Gods in her comics.

#39 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#40 Posted by baph (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

WW gets fodderized, which leaves Superman in a 1v2 situation, so Team 1 wins.

#41 Posted by SmoothSanta (2551 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#42 Edited by Alsimmons77 (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph said:

No Caption Provided

Billy is the weakest here you brain-acrobat.

#43 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio
@baph said:

No Caption Provided

Billy is the weakest here you brain-acrobat.

One insulting other people doesn't make a good argument. Two Diana is the weakest here. She's never been a physical match for Clark whereas Billy and Adam have been able to hold their own against him far better than Diana has ever managed to. Hell a bloodlusted Clark has been capable of 3 shotting or even one shotted Diana whereas Captain Marvel has gone toe to toe with a bloodlusted Eclipso possessed Superman. Wonder Woman is the weak link here and the only way Team 2 wins is if they work together and don't split up.

#44 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh Billy doesn't have the most consistent record at using magic in combat. He tends to brawl it out which wouldn't be a winning strategy against Superman. Whilst he does use magic in combat more regularly during the New 52, it's so weak that it's not worth discussing. Furthermore, Diana and Clark already have experience working together so if they fight together, they might be able to win. However, if they get seperated they would lose.

#45 Posted by MorbusGrav (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

The second team wins, Wonder Woman takes Captain Marvel and Superman takes Black Adam.

#46 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

One insulting other people doesn't make a good argument

I'm not sorry about not being nice to trolls.

Two Diana is the weakest here.

Lol sure, that's probably the reason why she has way more and better feats than Billy.

he's never been a physical match for Clark whereas Billy and Adam have been able to hold their own against him far better than Diana has ever managed to.

Yeah no, i'm absolutely not going the route of ignoring Diana's to Billy superior feats and all her abilities with you here, just because of some inconsistent scaling often with context or just earlier versions of Clark.

Hell a bloodlusted Clark has been capable of 3 shotting or even one shotted Diana whereas Captain Marvel has gone toe to toe with a bloodlusted Eclipso possessed Superman

Oh yeah ridiculous double standards for the win, Diana has also killed Ares, beaten Genocide and fought tons of other characters stronger than Billy if we go the route of highballing for Billy. Also is Billy's magic not nearly as effective on her, are his physicals not on par with Clark's and had the one shotting context and was Diana able to recover in mere seconds from it.

Wonder Woman is the weak link here and the only way Team 2 wins is if they work together and don't split up.

Yeah right lowballed Diana is a really weak link in comparison to highballed Billy.

I just don't use these.

#47 Edited by Wrathofthebrad (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam could beat Wonder Woman and hold his own against Superman, but Cap Marvel would lose against both, with perfect teamwork add Wonder Woman and Superman much more to each other than the way more similar Black Adam and Cap Marvel, also have Wonder Woman and Superman much more versatility and even also access to magic and good magic protections.

Wonder Woman and Superman quite handily.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#48 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark takes all 3 of em :p

#49 Posted by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Itachus17 (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

Btw. a question @wot_m8, what exactly does this mean:

• PC and onward feats accepted.
  • Standard versions.

for WW's gear, is stuff like the morphing disk accepted? Cause in that case might WW even solo this.