Captain Mar Vell vs Wonder Woman

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Scarlet Thor

I don't know if this post already exists.
Sorry if it does. But I was reading the last books of the Kree warrior and I am pretty impressed. Faster than almost any marvel hero (even faster than he was before), able to one shot enemies that the Mighty Avengers can't (although Sentry was not acting), energy blasts that can blow up planets (he has done this...). I know he is nowhere near as strong as Diana. But don't you think that  by using his cosmic awareness  he can take some fights (if not the majority)?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hadrelius

He would be a good match but in the end i don't think he could take her. With her speed, strength, and training, not many would be able to defeat her.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scarlet Thor
Alpha said:
"He would be a good match but in the end i don't think he could take her. With her speed, strength, and training, not many would be able to defeat her. "
I my opinion the only two qualities that she has over him is strength and durability. He is as fast if not faster than her (or perhaps he uses his super speed more) and he has some serious energy projection. Plus he is the greatest Kree soldier ever which says a lot about his being a skilled warrior. I think he could stalemate her
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SeSAW

He would beat her brutally He has cosmic powers and the quantam bands, and he is much faster than her. Cap aint gonna lose to her I don't think she could fight any of the people cap fights regularly.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scarlet Thor
SeSAW said:
"He would beat her brutally He has cosmic powers and the quantam bands, and he is much faster than her. Cap aint gonna lose to her I don't think she could fight any of the people cap fights regularly."
No no no... he has the nega bands. They are powerful enough to destroy planets but not as powerful as quasar's weapons. It won't be easy for him but with the cosmic awareness he has a good chance
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
I think Wonder Woman would win here... even though Captain Mar-Vell's nega bands are very powerful... unless there is proof that Captain Mar-Vell has greater Energy Manipulation powers than a Green Lantern... I cant see Diana losing this fight
T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By T.J. Magnum

WW

MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MotorSteel

I'm with WW

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SeSAW
King Saturn said:
"I think Wonder Woman would win here... even though Captain Mar-Vell's nega bands are very powerful... unless there is proof that Captain Mar-Vell has greater Energy Manipulation powers than a Green Lantern... I cant see Diana losing this fight"

Trust me he does he can manipulate mattter with them to an untold level. WW doesn't stand a chance Scarlet Thor said:
"SeSAW said:
"He would beat her brutally He has cosmic powers and the quantam bands, and he is much faster than her. Cap aint gonna lose to her I don't think she could fight any of the people cap fights regularly."
No no no... he has the nega bands. They are powerful enough to destroy planets but not as powerful as quasar's weapons. It won't be easy for him but with the cosmic awareness he has a good chance
"

My bad I get them confused but I actually think the nega bands are more powerful.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Static Shock

I'm going with Wonder Woman here. She's stronger than him, a better fighter, and the nega bands won't be a problem, seeing that she's able to deflect them with ease, using her bracelets. However, I wanna say that he could use his cosmic awareness to his advantage, but I don't know how he uses it.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he would probably end up having yet another kid with her.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Nighthunter
Scarlet Thor said:
"Alpha said:
"He would be a good match but in the end i don't think he could take her. With her speed, strength, and training, not many would be able to defeat her. "
I my opinion the only two qualities that she has over him is strength and durability. He is as fast if not faster than her (or perhaps he uses his super speed more) and he has some serious energy projection. Plus he is the greatest Kree soldier ever which says a lot about his being a skilled warrior. I think he could stalemate her
"
How fast is Captain Mar-vel? I mean Diana has showed to be able to keep up with Wally West in a race running and most of the DC heroes that can both run and fly at super-speed are faster flying. You have any scan that could help me know how fast Captain Mar-vel is?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock
Nighthunter said:
"How fast is Captain Mar-vel? I mean Diana has showed to be able to keep up with Wally West in a race running and most of the DC heroes that can both run and fly at super-speed are faster flying. You have any scan that could help me know how fast Captain Mar-vel is?"
He can move at light speed in space, I think....
Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Static Shock said:
"I'm going with Wonder Woman here. She's stronger than him, a better fighter, and the nega bands won't be a problem, seeing that she's able to deflect them with ease, using her bracelets. However, I wanna say that he could use his cosmic awareness to his advantage, but I don't know how he uses it."
How do you figure she is a better fighter.Mar-vell is the greatest kree soldier,which says alot.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Nighthunter
Static Shock said:
"Nighthunter said:
"How fast is Captain Mar-vel? I mean Diana has showed to be able to keep up with Wally West in a race running and most of the DC heroes that can both run and fly at super-speed are faster flying. You have any scan that could help me know how fast Captain Mar-vel is?"
He can move at light speed in space, I think....
"
Doesn't that mean that Wonder Woman may be faster? Has the "Speedesters that run on Earth can't go beyond the speed of light because they would get trapped in the speed force" been removed?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
Akira Overdrive said:
"How do you figure she is a better fighter.Mar-vell is the greatest kree soldier,which says alot."
And, she's the greatest Amazonian warrior, which also says a lot. She was able to beat Big Barda in combat, who is also a master combatant. Her forbidden martial arts style makes it difficult to fight her. Batman even said that she was the best melee fighter in the world. That says a lot coming from one of the greatest martial artists in DC.

Nighthunter said:
"Doesn't that mean that Wonder Woman may be faster? Has the "Speedesters that run on Earth can't go beyond the speed of light because they would get trapped in the speed force" been removed?"
I meant to say that because Mar-vell can move at light-speed in space doesn't mean he could keep up with Wonder Woman on Earth...

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the creator

Scarlet Thor said:

Faster than almost any marvel hero (even faster than he was before),
Not really.
He can fly at supersonic speeds in Earth's atmosphere. In Earth's atmosphere he usually relys on the power of flight provided by the solar treatments he had (hence the glowing energy trail). In space he can exceed light speed thanks to the Nega Bands.
There are several heroes as fast or faster flying as him on Earth.
However his reaction speed is not that awesome. He has enhanced reaction speed but it is not anywhere near those of speedsters (Speed Demon) or Spiderman or even Thor for instance. His reaction speed was only slightly enhanced from that of a Kree Warrior (who exceeds normal human physical abilities - mainly on strength).
The Solar treatments and Nega Bands have done little to amplify his reaction speed.

able to one shot enemies that the Mighty Avengers can't (although Sentry was not acting),
He one shot a robot that was a writer plot device to make him look good.
Most of the Avengers shown are at least and probably more powerful than him.
To say they were struggling against the robot was a travesty as they would have easily taken it apart if he could punch through it.

energy blasts that can blow up planets (he has done this...).
When has he done this ?
Even before his relaunch (as a transformed Skrull let us not forget), he demonstrated Photon (solar) energy blasts that could could through 3" steel plate and that could do serious damage to beings like Ronan the Accuser but destroying planets is a whole different level.

The negabands did not grant the ability to project energy blasts, that was solely from his Solar powered blasts.
We did not see Dr Minerva, who wore the nega bands as well, display energy projecting powers.
The OHOTMU said

"The Kree nega-bands converted Mar-Vell's psionic energy into strength (he could now lift 10 tons), a high degree of imperviousness to harm, and the power to fly. They also allowed Mar-Vell to exist unprotected in outer space without having to breathe."

His imperviousness to harm was enough to resist some energy weapons and automatic gunfire and to withstand blows from beings in the 75 tonne Marvel strength range without significant harm (he would bleed but he could easily continue fighting)

His strength level reached 15 tonnes with the combination of the band and solar treatments but this seems a bit low for some of actions that he has performed (40 tonnes might be nearer the mark).

I know he is nowhere near as strong as Diana. But don't you think that  by using his cosmic awareness  he can take some fights (if not the majority)?

Yep, he has less than 1% of Wonder Woman's strength. She is dozens to hundreds of times faster in reaction speed, she has superior durability to physical blows (and her bracelets to deflect his photon beams) and she is a better fighter.
Even with the cosmic awareness, he has virtually no chance to win.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Scarlet Thor

You can read about him destroying a planet in www.marveldatabaseproject.com
I have seen the scans also but I don't have them to post them. Yeah I know about the robot but it was cool though. Also about his speed I know he has supersonic on Earth but he can reach lightspeed on space...
Anyway I think he has some chance of winning

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the creator
Scarlet Thor said:
"You can read about him destroying a planet in www.marveldatabaseproject.com
I have seen the scans also but I don't have them to post them."
Well, that site did not provide any details apart from the quote
  • Photon Energy Blasts (Powerful enough to destroy stars twice the size of earth)
  • which I interpret to be stars twice the size of our sun.

If anyone can find the scans for this it would be helpful.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scarlet Thor
    the creator said:
    "Scarlet Thor said:
  • Photon Energy Blasts (Powerful enough to destroy stars twice the size of earth)
  • which I interpret to be stars twice the size of our sun.

"
    so if his blasts can destroy celestial objects twice the size of the earth doesn't that mean that he has enough firepower to give diana a tough fight?
    the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the creator
    Scarlet Thor said:
    "the creator said:
    "Scarlet Thor said:
  • Photon Energy Blasts (Powerful enough to destroy stars twice the size of earth) which I interpret to be stars twice the size of our sun.

"
  • so if his blasts can destroy celestial objects twice the size of the earth doesn't that mean that he has enough firepower to give diana a tough fight?
    "

Yes but he has never shown this level of power consistently. He has battled numerous villians who would have been incinerated by a blast that can destroy a star.
    Look at all the problems he had with Thanos (who was wekaer at the time than his more recent showings). With blasts of this level, he could have wiped him out.
    What were the conditions at the time (was he supercharged etc) ?
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock
    Scarlet Thor said:
    "so if his blasts can destroy celestial objects twice the size of the earth doesn't that mean that he has enough firepower to give diana a tough fight?"
    That site, Marvel Database, is a wiki. It's one of the best wikis to use, but some of it still isn't legit. Anyone could have put that there to make Mar-vell look good. And, if he's never done anything like that before, why would you be led to believe an online encyclopedia that can be edited by anyone? Mar-Vell fought Thanos. How come his blasts didn't wipe him out? The same can be said for Genis-Vell. His blasts didn't phase Thanos either....
    Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scarlet Thor
    Static Shock said:
    "Scarlet Thor said:
    "so if his blasts can destroy celestial objects twice the size of the earth doesn't that mean that he has enough firepower to give diana a tough fight?"
    That site, Marvel Database, is a wiki. It's one of the best wikis to use, but some of it still isn't legit. Anyone could have put that there to make Mar-vell look good. And, if he's never done anything like that before, why would you be led to believe an online encyclopedia that can be edited by anyone? Mar-Vell fought Thanos. How come his blasts didn't wipe him out? The same can be said for Genis-Vell. His blasts didn't phase Thanos either....
    "
    I've seen the scans...
    One-Above-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By One-Above-You
    Scarlet Thor said:
    "Static Shock said:
    "Scarlet Thor said:
    "
    I've seen the scans...
    "
    Can you post them?
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock
    Scarlet Thor said:
    "I've seen the scans..."

Of what? Mar-Vell and/or Genis-Vell not being able to phase Thanos? Or scans of the destroying celestial bodies? Can you provide evidence for the latter?
    Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Scans of him destroying a planet....
    Sorry mate...
    don't have it
    But it could be bad writing too cause as you guys said he hasn't display that power consistently...

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SeSAW
    the creator said:
    "Scarlet Thor said:
    "the creator said:
    "Scarlet Thor said:
  • Photon Energy Blasts (Powerful enough to destroy stars twice the size of earth) which I interpret to be stars twice the size of our sun.

"
  • so if his blasts can destroy celestial objects twice the size of the earth doesn't that mean that he has enough firepower to give diana a tough fight?
    "

Yes but he has never shown this level of power consistently. He has battled numerous villians who would have been incinerated by a blast that can destroy a star.
    Look at all the problems he had with Thanos (who was wekaer at the time than his more recent showings). With blasts of this level, he could have wiped him out.
    "
    I doubt that Thanos could still survive a blast of that level or even more than that. Also the villians that cap use to battle for the most part were very powerful
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock
    SeSAW said:
    "I doubt that Thanos could still survive a blast of that level or even more than that. Also the villians that cap use to battle for the most part were very powerful"

Well, he has. From both Genis and Mar-Vell. He curbstomped Mar-Vell, knocking him out....
    spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spiderbuck1

@SeSAW said:

the creator said:
    "Scarlet Thor said:
    "the creator said:
    "Scarlet Thor said:

"
    "

"
    I doubt that Thanos could still survive a blast of that level or even more than that. Also the villians that cap use to battle for the most part were very powerful

Why would anyone believe he couldn't survive a blast of that level? Is the suggestion here that WW > Thanos? Bc I doubt that.

I suggest everyone read Secret Avengers #27 and come back to this thread.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jeanroygrant

Captain Mar-Vell

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers