Captain Mar-Vell vs Sentry

HulkSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HulkSmash

These characters fight all out in the city.

vs

Who wins?

Post Edited:2008-05-26 01:03:07

HulkSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HulkSmash

I think Mar-Vell but that's just me.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius

I think this was done b4 and it was the Sentry that came on top. Either way, Sentry wins. CM has never shown the power level that Sentry displayed in WWH.

HulkSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HulkSmash

Alpha says:

"I think this was done b4 and it was the Sentry that came on top. Either way, Sentry wins. CM has never shown the power level that Sentry displayed in WWH. "

I think hes faster tho, but im not sure.

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Mar-Vell is smarter and can absorb solar energy, how much though, is the question...I suggest Captain Marvel #57 (original series) to see what I am saying and how he is severely underrated by his own company.

Mar-Vell actually, and I mean this logically, may be the only one outside of the Hulk with a shot here, especially if he becomes the void.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the creator
@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"Mar-Vell is smarter and can absorb solar energy, how much though, is the question...I suggest Captain Marvel #57 (original series) to see what I am saying and how he is severely underrated by his own company.Mar-Vell actually, and I mean this logically, may be the only one outside of the Hulk with a shot here, especially if he becomes the void. "

And then we need to balance a lone showing with the other feats Marv-ell has shown, some of which are much lower for durability and reaction speed.
!!Abyss!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By !!Abyss!!

Well if we go by their power levels im going with sentry...hes superior in almost every way...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really rather easy, and I'm not saying that because I'm a real Mar-Vell fan, point of fact is that Mar-Vell absorbs and gets stronger by solar energy which is the basic premise that Sentry's power is based upon. This is how he defeated Thor in Captain Marvel (the original Mar-Vell series) in issue #57. They even eluded to the fact that he could beat Sentry rather easily in the recent mini. Beyond that he is a much more intelligent, and skilled fighter. Even his cloned son Genis defeated Sentry easily. Just imagine what the real thing would do.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By czarny_samael666

Gennis was universe buster...

Sentry in curbstomp.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator
"This is really rather easy, and I'm not saying that because I'm a real Mar-Vell fan, point of fact is that Mar-Vell absorbs and gets stronger by solar energy which is the basic premise that Sentry's power is based upon. This is how he defeated Thor in Captain Marvel (the original Mar-Vell series) in issue #57. They even eluded to the fact that he could beat Sentry rather easily in the recent mini. Beyond that he is a much more intelligent, and skilled fighter. Even his cloned son Genis defeated Sentry easily. Just imagine what the real thing would do. "
Do you want to elaborate as to how Mar-vell deafeated Thor.
Can you catagorically say that Mar-vell can absorb the power of the Sentry as it's output seems to be at least as great, if not greater than that of a herald level being.
Perhaps the reason that Mar-vell was presumed to be such a threat to the Sentry was not to do with photonic abilities but his ties to the Negative Zone, a dimension in which the Sentry becomes vulnerable and weaker.
Avatar image for weapon_x_badazz
weapon x badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By weapon x badazz

Sentry

Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deo Wade

Gotta go with the Cry-Baby on this one. Sentry by tantrum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the creator said:
"@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"This is really rather easy, and I'm not saying that because I'm a real Mar-Vell fan, point of fact is that Mar-Vell absorbs and gets stronger by solar energy which is the basic premise that Sentry's power is based upon. This is how he defeated Thor in Captain Marvel (the original Mar-Vell series) in issue #57. They even eluded to the fact that he could beat Sentry rather easily in the recent mini. Beyond that he is a much more intelligent, and skilled fighter. Even his cloned son Genis defeated Sentry easily. Just imagine what the real thing would do. "
Do you want to elaborate as to how Mar-vell deafeated Thor.Can you catagorically say that Mar-vell can absorb the power of the Sentry as it's output seems to be at least as great, if not greater than that of a herald level being.Perhaps the reason that Mar-vell was presumed to be such a threat to the Sentry was not to do with photonic abilities but his ties to the Negative Zone, a dimension in which the Sentry becomes vulnerable and weaker."

Two very good points, both photonic energy absorption and the link to the Negative Zone would add to my speculative observation (which is what all of these are, the characters generally are as powerful as the stories require)  that Captain Marvel, the real Mar-Vell, would defeat Sentry, and rather easily.

This may sound suprising, given the "off the chart" descriptions of Sentry's powers, however , Mar-Vell's victory here does make logical sense. Im fact, it's a fairly safe speculation.

Let me explain further (adding to my previous observation and the good points you brought up):

Genis-Vell, the cloned son from Mar-Vell's DNA, once yet another of the attempts to replace the original Captain Marvel, and similiar powerset, defeated Sentry.  This is when Genis-Vell had been renamed, rather then assuming the mantle of Captain Marvel, was known as Photon as is documented in I believe, correvt me if I am wrong, New Thunderbolts #13 written by Fabien Nicieza, who ironically was the writer of the first replacement Captain Marvel series (who some feel was superior to the Peter David issues in restrospect) featuring Genis-Vell, the character known as "Legacy" then "Capatin Marvel" then "Photon".  (actually usurping the name from Monica Rambeau, the first of the Captain Marvel replacement or legacy characters)

You see, Genis-Vell was created from Mar-Vell's genetic code in the 'lifebaths' of Titan ( a paradise like world based in the center of a moon of the planet Saturn) in  the worldwide computer system known as ISAAC.  Basically a fancy way of saying "It's a test tube baby using Mar-Vell's DNA" and given the nega-bands, the awareness, the suit, probably the best known of the seemingly neverending and ultimately unsuccessful attempts to replace and/or copy the character and story, rather than simply writing the story poignant enough to bring back the original, who's story is more cutting edge now, in today's comic landscape, than in it's inception, which is rather ironic, but true.

He was artifically "aged" and implanted with false memories to protect him from his heroic father's enemies, and did not have the same basic combat skills (meaning everything ranging from hand to hand combat and over all battle strategy and leadership) as Mar-Vell mainly due to his lack of training and experience as Mar-Vell, who was a highly revered warrior and soldier before ever gaining super enhanced powers via the nega bands and/or otherwise, and who had a better grasp on how to use the cosmic awareness without going crazy, having more responsibility with the great power (as they say), and using it for more logical purposes be they combat or otherwise. Genis even tried several meditative techniques to control the awareness, or "one-ness" (if that's a word, heh.) with the universe itself as Mar-Vell did.

So it is logical to deduce that Captain Marvel, the original Mar-Vell, would suprisingly make easy work of Sentry for several logical reasons.

One being his ability to absorb and manipulate solar energy, almost like a sponge (I would suggest reading Thunderbolts #122 which is basically Captain Marvel  vs. the entire Thunderbolts lineup. He won with relative ease from an ability standpoint.  His energy absorption abilities are especially documented in his rather quick confrontation and/or disposal of Radioactive Man.)  his ability to create a gateway to the negative zone as you noted (a place where Sentry becomes 'less effective' to say the least), his superior grasp and/or usage of the cosmic awareness coupled with his already (pre-awareness) overall fighting skills and instincts.

As far as Captain Marvel #57 goes, it's a little complicated, however I suggest picking one up if you have the means, I think you'd like it. It's very interesting because you see once again Mar-Vell's power being among Marvel's finest, yet their ratings do not accurately gauge this based upon the written work, which we've discussed before, that is pretty much common knowledge at this point to even the most novice of comic readers. Basically, Captain Mar-Vell's battle with his friend Thor, is very story driven, and comes from the Moench - Broderick run I speak of from time to time (CM #50-62, Marvel Spotlight #1-3 in which he is seperated from Rick Jones and explored as a solo act much like the successful Reed-Weeks Captain Marvel mini with McGuiness covers of the past year, this run also received an Eagle Award in 1979, however the decision had been made to kill a superhero for Marvel Graphic Novel #1), what is very interesting about this issue, even from a past era, is just how powerful the character is. Not only in absorbing and propulsion of Solar or Photonic energy, but as a whole...it is also further evidence that this character is severely underrated and needs to be considered for a "real" return.

Suggested Reading for the topic "Captain Marvel vs. Sentry":
Civil War: The Return (2007) (Featuring the 'return' of Captain Mar-Vell and a second however unnecesary story with Sentry)
Captain Marvel #1 - 5 (2008)
Captain Marvel #57 (1979)
New Thunderbolts # 13 (Vol. 3)
Thunderbolts #122-123 (2008)

I'm sure there's other references to use, but here is a good start. Check them out, all opinions welcome and respected, however, and being completely objective here, it's fairly safe to say Mar-Vell would defeat Sentry, and rather easily at that.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stormultt
"@the creator said:
Do you want to elaborate as to how Mar-vell deafeated Thor.Can you catagorically say that Mar-vell can absorb the power of the Sentry as it's output seems to be at least as great, if not greater than that of a herald level being.Perhaps the reason that Mar-vell was presumed to be such a threat to the Sentry was not to do with photonic abilities but his ties to the Negative Zone, a dimension in which the Sentry becomes vulnerable and weaker."

Two very good points, both photonic energy absorption and the link to the Negative Zone would add to my speculative observation (which is what all of these are, the characters generally are as powerful as the stories require)  that Captain Marvel, the real Mar-Vell, would defeat Sentry, and rather easily.

This may sound suprising, given the "off the chart" descriptions of Sentry's powers, however , Mar-Vell's victory here does make logical sense. Im fact, it's a fairly safe speculation.

Let me explain further (adding to my previous observation and the good points you brought up):

Genis-Vell, the cloned son from Mar-Vell's DNA, once yet another of the attempts to replace the original Captain Marvel, and similiar powerset, defeated Sentry.  This is when Genis-Vell had been renamed, rather then assuming the mantle of Captain Marvel, was known as Photon as is documented in I believe, correvt me if I am wrong, New Thunderbolts #13 written by Fabien Nicieza, who ironically was the writer of the first replacement Captain Marvel series (who some feel was superior to the Peter David issues in restrospect) featuring Genis-Vell, the character known as "Legacy" then "Capatin Marvel" then "Photon".  (actually usurping the name from Monica Rambeau, the first of the Captain Marvel replacement or legacy characters)

You see, Genis-Vell was created from Mar-Vell's genetic code in the 'lifebaths' of Titan ( a paradise like world based in the center of a moon of the planet Saturn) in  the worldwide computer system known as ISAAC.  Basically a fancy way of saying "It's a test tube baby using Mar-Vell's DNA" and given the nega-bands, the awareness, the suit, probably the best known of the seemingly neverending and ultimately unsuccessful attempts to replace and/or copy the character and story, rather than simply writing the story poignant enough to bring back the original, who's story is more cutting edge now, in today's comic landscape, than in it's inception, which is rather ironic, but true.

He was artifically "aged" and implanted with false memories to protect him from his heroic father's enemies, and did not have the same basic combat skills (meaning everything ranging from hand to hand combat and over all battle strategy and leadership) as Mar-Vell mainly due to his lack of training and experience as Mar-Vell, who was a highly revered warrior and soldier before ever gaining super enhanced powers via the nega bands and/or otherwise, and who had a better grasp on how to use the cosmic awareness without going crazy, having more responsibility with the great power (as they say), and using it for more logical purposes be they combat or otherwise. Genis even tried several meditative techniques to control the awareness, or "one-ness" (if that's a word, heh.) with the universe itself as Mar-Vell did.

So it is logical to deduce that Captain Marvel, the original Mar-Vell, would suprisingly make easy work of Sentry for several logical reasons.

One being his ability to absorb and manipulate solar energy, almost like a sponge (I would suggest reading Thunderbolts #122 which is basically Captain Marvel  vs. the entire Thunderbolts lineup. He won with relative ease from an ability standpoint.  His energy absorption abilities are especially documented in his rather quick confrontation and/or disposal of Radioactive Man.)  his ability to create a gateway to the negative zone as you noted (a place where Sentry becomes 'less effective' to say the least), his superior grasp and/or usage of the cosmic awareness coupled with his already (pre-awareness) overall fighting skills and instincts.

As far as Captain Marvel #57 goes, it's a little complicated, however I suggest picking one up if you have the means, I think you'd like it. It's very interesting because you see once again Mar-Vell's power being among Marvel's finest, yet their ratings do not accurately gauge this based upon the written work, which we've discussed before, that is pretty much common knowledge at this point to even the most novice of comic readers. Basically, Captain Mar-Vell's battle with his friend Thor, is very story driven, and comes from the Moench - Broderick run I speak of from time to time (CM #50-62, Marvel Spotlight #1-3 in which he is seperated from Rick Jones and explored as a solo act much like the successful Reed-Weeks Captain Marvel mini with McGuiness covers of the past year, this run also received an Eagle Award in 1979, however the decision had been made to kill a superhero for Marvel Graphic Novel #1), what is very interesting about this issue, even from a past era, is just how powerful the character is. Not only in absorbing and propulsion of Solar or Photonic energy, but as a whole...it is also further evidence that this character is severely underrated and needs to be considered for a "real" return.

Suggested Reading for the topic "Captain Marvel vs. Sentry":
Civil War: The Return (2007) (Featuring the 'return' of Captain Mar-Vell and a second however unnecesary story with Sentry)
Captain Marvel #1 - 5 (2008)
Captain Marvel #57 (1979)
New Thunderbolts # 13 (Vol. 3)
Thunderbolts #122-123 (2008)

I'm sure there's other references to use, but here is a good start. Check them out, all opinions welcome and respected, however, and being completely objective here, it's fairly safe to say Mar-Vell would defeat Sentry, and rather easily at that. "

Extremely good points, but in this im leaning towards more the psychotic pre-madonna blonde(YALL KNOW WHO IM TALKIN BOUT)...
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the creator

@Mar-Vell Liberation Front
said:

@the creator said:
Do you want to elaborate as to how Mar-vell deafeated Thor.
As you didn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh.

It's not rocket science, my friend.  Is this a "original Captain Marvel vs. Sentry" thread, or the "please explain the original Captain Marvel #57 because I think you're lying" thread?

Both characters are capable of using and manipulating solar energy, one of which has a greater knowledge, both strategically in battle, and is cosmically aware. Mar-Vell has an ability to use it in a positive way as he defends the Earth. He also has the ability to banish Sentry to a place where his powers become irrelevant. A clone from his DNA with less battle strategy and less grasp of the awareness already defeated Sentry, this is documented. It's not an opinion, it's an observation, however it based on fact.

I have even cited references, I'm not making this up or anything. Explain what it is you're looking for here.

As far as Captain Marvel #57 goes, just go out and get one dude, there still cheap. If you must know, it basically elaborates on just how intense Mar-Vell's solar energy absorption can be, even to defeat the Mighty Thor if necessary, as well as the other references I noted.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the creator
As far as Captain Marvel #57 goes, just go out and get one dude, there still cheap. If you must know, it basically elaborates on just how intense Mar-Vell's solar energy absorption can be, even to defeat the Mighty Thor if necessary, as well as the other references I noted. "

On the Vine we try to share information, so that all benefit.
If I wanted to go out and buy the comic, I would, but instead I am simply asking you to explain how Mar-vell won.
Describe some of the scenes when he and Thor faught.
Since you have the comic in your hands, elaborate for us.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
" Heh. It's not rocket science, my friend.  Is this a "original Captain Marvel vs. Sentry" thread, or the "please explain the original Captain Marvel #57 because I think you're lying" thread?Both characters are capable of using and manipulating solar energy, one of which has a greater knowledge, both strategically in battle, and is cosmically aware. Mar-Vell has an ability to use it in a positive way as he defends the Earth. He also has the ability to banish Sentry to a place where his powers become irrelevant. A clone from his DNA with less battle strategy and less grasp of the awareness already defeated Sentry, this is documented. It's not an opinion, it's an observation, however it based on fact. I have even cited references, I'm not making this up or anything. Explain what it is you're looking for here.As far as Captain Marvel #57 goes, just go out and get one dude, there still cheap. If you must know, it basically elaborates on just how intense Mar-Vell's solar energy absorption can be, even to defeat the Mighty Thor if necessary, as well as the other references I noted. "
You know nothing about Sentry.So let me inform you.Sentry is frequently depowered.If you honestly think someone who went h2h with World War Hulk will have trouble with Mar-Vell of all people,you're the one who needs to go out and pick up some comics.By the Way Mar-Vell's solar is absorption is nowhere near Sentry's level and beating classic Thor isn't a feat that means anything against Sentry.
mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mira

Maybe Sentry.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Clearly Sentry.He owns Heralds without being at his best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are "stats" really relavant here, especially when dealing with a consistently underrated character? That is common knowledge.

I don't care what the stats say, let's look at the facts. 

The "stats" are inaccurate based on the feats the character has performed in documented work, even Marvel has updated this, because the character was dead before they even had stuff like ratings and so forth and at the time they were using him as a legacy character, although not yet in printed form.

The point I'm making is that Genis, although part Titan due to Elysius's DNA (who also was created in the life baths of ISAAC) did not have what it took to control the awareness that Mar-Vell does.

That's why he went crazy, if you remember, I actually have the comics.

The original Captain Marvel was already trained as a warrior, and known as arguably the best of the best hence his being the youngest captain in the entire militia and defeating Iron Man, Namor, a Sentry Sentinel, well before being granted cosmic  awareness, solar based energy, superstrength, flying ability, light speed, teleportation, illusion casting abilities, hair trigger heightened reflexes, and an undetermined "high degree of imperviousness to harm" based upon turning the "psionic" into the "physical" and so forth.

Do you understand what the sbility to turn the psionic into the physical is?

That means you can turn the pyschological energy into the physical, similiar to the basic premise of the Hulk, where the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets. One of the things that makes him Captain MARVEL. Do you get that?

This is demonstrated in Captain Marvel #4 (Recent Reed/Weeks work), when he has angry enough at how we've treated our society, even bullets bounced off (yes, it's true...check out CM #4 page 16, panel 4 not including ads) as he didn't go fight guys in "costumes" he simply ended all war and murder on Earth for 24 hours. He went to Darfur, Somalia, Iraq,  Al-Fasher Dudan, all over the world not a single shot was fired anywhere.

Really think about that.

The guy even led a food drive for the hungry and homeless.

However, we're not talking heroism, we're talking actual documented abilities.

Captain Mar-Vell, could simply clang his bands together and banish Sentry/Void to a place where he has no power, because the nega bands create a gateway to the negative zone, hence "Nega" Bands.

Beyond that, his grasp of the cosmic awareness which his cloned, and I stress "CLONED"...his cloned son already defeated Sentry easily, and did not have the same grasp on the power (which is documented once again in Peter David's Captain Marvel work) hence his going mad from it, just imagine what the real thing could do.

His powers are "photonic", which means they are  "solar" in origin. Basically, that means "sun" based.

The power of a million blazing suns isn't really that impressive to a guy who absorbs and uses solar energy and is a better fighter, a better warrior, even a better hero, based on his training and experience, remember Mar-Vell isn't just some scientist that this just happened upon, he was a killer to begin with.

You don't seem to be getting that.

This isn't some orphan sent to Earth, this isn't a mutant who was just thrust into the situation, this isn't some accident that happened, this is a trained warrior, this isn't some experiment with DNA and so forth, some have called "the greatest warrior to ever walk the stars", who just happened to be then enhanced with super powers. It is unique and original in that. So when they say "Original" Captain Marvel, it isn't referring to the first comic character to have the name, it's referring to the character itself and just how original the concept is. It wasn't thrust upon him, he's not a gift,  it wasn't an experiment, he "EARNED" it.

Think about every well known superhero you can think of and the basic core of their character origin, that origin is pretty original, he was already lethal before he even gained superpowers... I just don't think the writers know what to do with that.

Anyways, back to topic:

1. Captain Mar-Vell, the truly "original" Captain Marvel, absorbs and manipulates the very same (being pseudo-scientific here) solar, photonic, or basically sun derived energy that the premise of the Sentry character is based upon. This is repeatedly demonstrated in Jim Starlin's Captain Marvel work..
2. His fighting skills combined with his superior grasp of the Cosmic Awareness, as opposed to those having the gift of "one-ness" 
with the universe, the ability to know everything that could happen, will happen, should happen and so forth. He can anticipate your every move as demonstrated once again, in "Death of Captain Marvel", perhaps that's why they killed him...I mean really, and let's just forget our simplistic feuding ways here for a moment and talk for real: How do you...and in this scenario, it doesn't matter who you are or your stats on some card...How do you defeat an opponent that can anticipate what your going to do before you even think of it?
3. His simple gateway to the Negative Zone. This is where Sentry/Void's powers become irrelevant, correct?
This is how a cloned from just his DNA beat him, correct? That is what happened in the storyarc in  New Thunderbolts #13, correct?

Man up and face the facts...the real Captain Marvel would make easy work of Sentry.

Everyone who's anyone knows that, even Sentry himself.

In fact, Sentry, the character is almost a copy of Mar-Vell in many ways, excluding, of course, the true originality and heroism.

(And let's not forget the superman villain in "Superman IV: The Quest for peace", what, don't believe me? Google it.)

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the creator
@the creator said:
As far as Captain Marvel #57 goes, just go out and get one dude, there still cheap. If you must know, it basically elaborates on just how intense Mar-Vell's solar energy absorption can be, even to defeat the Mighty Thor if necessary, as well as the other references I noted. "
On the Vine we try to share information, so that all benefit.If I wanted to go out and buy the comic, I would, but instead I am simply asking you to explain how Mar-vell won.Describe some of the scenes when he and Thor faught.Since you have the comic in your hands, elaborate for us. "

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
" Are "stats" really relavant here, especially when dealing with a consistently underrated character? That is common knowledge.

The "stats" are inaccurate based on the feats the character has performed in documented work, even Marvel has updated this, because the character was dead before they even had stuff like ratings and so forth and at the time they were using him as a legacy character, although not yet in printed form.

The point I'm making is that Genis, although part Titan due to Elysius's DNA (who also was created in the life baths of ISAAC) did not have what it took to control the awareness that Mar-Vell does.

The original Captain Marvel was already trained as a warrior, and known as arguably the best of the best hence his being the youngest captain in the entire militia and defeating Iron Man, Namor, a Sentry Sentinel, well before being granted cosmic  awareness, solar based energy, superstrength, flying ability, light speed, teleportation, illusion casting abilities, hair trigger heightened reflexes, and an undetermined "high degree of imperviousness to harm" based upon turning the "psionic" into the "physical" and so forth.

That means you can turn the pyschological energy into the physical, similiar to the basic premise of the Hulk, where the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets. One of the things that makes him Captain MARVEL. Do you get that?

This is demonstrated in Captain Marvel #4 (Recent Reed/Weeks work), when he has angry enough at how we've treated our society, even bullets bounced off (yes, it's true...check out CM #4 page 16, panel 4 not including ads) as he didn't go fight guys in "costumes" he simply ended all war and murder on Earth for 24 hours. He went to Darfur, Somalia, Iraq,  Al-Fasher Dudan, all over the world not a single shot was fired anywhere.

Really think about that.

Captain Mar-Vell, could simply clang his bands together and banish Sentry/Void to a place where he has no power, because the nega bands create a gateway to the negative zone, hence "Nega" Bands.

Beyond that, his grasp of the cosmic awareness which his cloned, and I stress "CLONED"...his cloned son already defeated Sentry easily, and did not have the same grasp on the power (which is documented once again in Peter David's Captain Marvel work) hence his going mad from it, just imagine what the real thing could do.

His powers are "photonic", which means they are  "solar" in origin. Basically, that means "sun" based.

The power of a million blazing suns isn't really that impressive to a guy who absorbs and uses solar energy and is a better fighter, a better warrior, even a better hero, based on his training and experience, remember Mar-Vell isn't just some scientist that this just happened upon, he was a killer to begin with.

This isn't some orphan sent to Earth, this isn't a mutant who was just thrust into the situation, this isn't some accident that happened, this is a trained warrior, this isn't some experiment with DNA and so forth, some have called "the greatest warrior to ever walk the stars", who just happened to be then enhanced with super powers. It is unique and original in that. So when they say "Original" Captain Marvel, it isn't referring to the first comic character to have the name, it's referring to the character itself and just how original the concept is. It wasn't thrust upon him, he's not a gift,  it wasn't an experiment, he "EARNED" it.Think about every well known superhero you can think of and the basic core of their character origin, that origin is pretty original, he was already lethal before he even gained superpowers... I just don't think the writers know what to do with that.Anyways, back to topic:1. Captain Mar-Vell, the truly "original" Captain Marvel, absorbs and manipulates the very same (being pseudo-scientific here) solar, photonic, or basically sun derived energy that the premise of the Sentry character is based upon. This is repeatedly demonstrated in Jim Starlin's Captain Marvel work..2. His fighting skills combined with his superior grasp of the Cosmic Awareness, as opposed to those having the gift of "one-ness" with the universe, the ability to know everything that could happen, will happen, should happen and so forth. He can anticipate your every move as demonstrated once again, in "Death of Captain Marvel", perhaps that's why they killed him...I mean really, and let's just forget our simplistic feuding ways here for a moment and talk for real: How do you...and in this scenario, it doesn't matter who you are or your stats on some card...How do you defeat an opponent that can anticipate what your going to do before you even think of it?3. His simple gateway to the Negative Zone. This is where Sentry/Void's powers become irrelevant, correct?This is how a cloned from just his DNA beat him, correct? That is what happened in the storyarc in  New Thunderbolts #13, correct?Man up and face the facts...the real Captain Marvel would make easy work of Sentry.Everyone who's anyone knows that, even Sentry himself.In fact, Sentry, the character is almost a copy of Mar-Vell in many ways, excluding, of course, the true originality and heroism.(And let's not forget the superman villain in "Superman IV: The Quest for peace", what, don't believe me? Google it.) "
Why do the people who write the longest posts always have nothing important to say? Another failure on your part.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn
Sentry should be able to beat Mar-Vell. Based on Mar-Vell's overall powers and abilities he is not on par with The Sentry
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Dreadmaster

Mar-Vells powers don't seem to be in the same range as Sentry's and definately nowhere near as strong so i will give Sentry a win.

Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sleuth

Sentry.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator
@the creator said:
On the Vine we try to share information, so that all benefit.If I wanted to go out and buy the comic, I would, but instead I am simply asking you to explain how Mar-vell won.Describe some of the scenes when he and Thor faught.Since you have the comic in your hands, elaborate for us. "
It's not that I don't doubt you have the comic but so far all the details you posted are ones that are accessible on the internet and are mostly 'factless'.
How about reaching over, reading that comic and posting a little something that describes what's on the pages.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
" Are "stats" really relavant here, especially when dealing with a consistently underrated character? That is common knowledge.

Really think about that.

This isn't some orphan sent to Earth, this isn't a mutant who was just thrust into the situation, this isn't some accident that happened, this is a trained warrior, this isn't some experiment with DNA and so forth, some have called "the greatest warrior to ever walk the stars", who just happened to be then enhanced with super powers. It is unique and original in that. So when they say "Original" Captain Marvel, it isn't referring to the first comic character to have the name, it's referring to the character itself and just how original the concept is. It wasn't thrust upon him, he's not a gift,  it wasn't an experiment, he "EARNED" it.Think about every well known superhero you can think of and the basic core of their character origin, that origin is pretty original, he was already lethal before he even gained superpowers... I just don't think the writers know what to do with that.Anyways, back to topic:1. Captain Mar-Vell, the truly "original" Captain Marvel, absorbs and manipulates the very same (being pseudo-scientific here) solar, photonic, or basically sun derived energy that the premise of the Sentry character is based upon. This is repeatedly demonstrated in Jim Starlin's Captain Marvel work..2. His fighting skills combined with his superior grasp of the Cosmic Awareness, as opposed to those having the gift of "one-ness" with the universe, the ability to know everything that could happen, will happen, should happen and so forth. He can anticipate your every move as demonstrated once again, in "Death of Captain Marvel", perhaps that's why they killed him...I mean really, and let's just forget our simplistic feuding ways here for a moment and talk for real: How do you...and in this scenario, it doesn't matter who you are or your stats on some card...How do you defeat an opponent that can anticipate what your going to do before you even think of it?3. His simple gateway to the Negative Zone. This is where Sentry/Void's powers become irrelevant, correct?This is how a cloned from just his DNA beat him, correct? That is what happened in the storyarc in  New Thunderbolts #13, correct?Man up and face the facts...the real Captain Marvel would make easy work of Sentry.Everyone who's anyone knows that, even Sentry himself.In fact, Sentry, the character is almost a copy of Mar-Vell in many ways, excluding, of course, the true originality and heroism.(And let's not forget the superman villain in "Superman IV: The Quest for peace", what, don't believe me? Google it.) "
Why do the people who write the longest posts always have nothing important to say? Another failure on your part."
 No, that's not the case at all and you know it. You're not used to someone having factual things that actually support their view, and you're outclassed, so you revert to "childish insult" mode, rather than coming up with something to actually base your opinion on. You either haven't read what I said, or are unable or unwilling to comprehend what I wrote. I cited actual references and scientific threories that do make sense.

However there is a pattern here, when someone has different viewpoint than you're own, you start insulting them, or putting a spin on what they are saying, it's a lot like arguing with a spoiled child.

Now you're faced with someone actually thinks out the discussion and brings up very valid points that is also able to support them with facts, in a way you're outclassed, so you only tactic is to insult people, what is this, like 2nd grade or something?

Now you don't have to agree with me, you have every right to your own opinion, and until the original Captain Marvel and Sentry actually lock up, it's all speculative, all of these versus scenarios are, but everything I said up there actually happened.

I gave the reading list, it is logical and it is reasonable, and most of all... it's all true.

Let's just agree to disagree. To be quite honest, you're kind of boring me.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the creator
@the creator said:
It's not that I don't doubt you have the comic but so far all the details you posted are ones that are accessible on the internet and are mostly 'factless'.
How about reaching over, reading that comic and posting a little something that describes what's on the pages.