Avatar image for darkknight96000
darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkknight96000

I don't know if this goes here but I can't think were else to put it. Anyway I want to know who is more powerful not who would win a in fight, Captain Atom or a Green Lantern.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Static Shock

Depends on the Green Lantern. If it's Hal, then yes, he would be more powerful than Captain Atom (even though Hal lost to him).

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lupine
@Static Shock said:
" Depends on the Green Lantern. If it's Hal, then yes, he would be more powerful than Captain Atom (even though Hal lost to him). "
Sorry Static and DarkKnight I just couldn't resist this: 

No Caption Provided
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Static Shock

LOL.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

When Batman got Superman's powers it was epic. I can never forgive him though for hanging upside down with his bats in the cave

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lupine
@Static Shock said:
" LOL. "
Yeah. XD  But it does pretty much explain the limits of a GL. Well that and your natural reaction speed.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock
@Lupine said:
" But it does pretty much explain the limits of a GL.
Depends on willpower. As a result, not all GL's are the same in power. Captain Atom's powers are also based on the same aspect.
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lupine
@Static Shock said:
" @Lupine said:
" But it does pretty much explain the limits of a GL.
Depends on willpower. As a result, not all GL's are the same in power. Captain Atom's powers are also based on the same aspect. "
Indeed. It is all about willpower but I would also throw intelligence and imagination in there. Because even if you have a great amount of willpower, you do need at least a little intelligence and imagination in there so constructs aren't just rudimentary or basic.  

I always assumed that willpower gave it strength and substance, while intelligence and imagination dictated what you could and decided to make. I guess my example would be Hal and Kyle. Hal has loads of willpower, so he's the strongest, but Kyle tended to have lots of imagination so that's why he always breaks out the constructs that are crazy in form and function.  

Not really an argument or anything, that's just the way I've always looked at it.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By yodagod
@Lupine:
I agree.  And as for the "battle" I also agree.  Against a "typical GL Atom should be more powerful, but the top Lanterns should beat him.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
@Static Shock said:
" Depends on the Green Lantern. If it's Hal, then yes, he would be more powerful than Captain Atom (even though Hal lost to him). "
just curious... but how is it that Hal Jordan is more powerful than Captain Atom ? I thought Captain Atom had greater Energy Capabilities than any Green Lantern outside of the ION Power... 
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Red_Blade

Atom in general but a Lantern has more potential

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Undergroundgod

I agree with this.
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BatDance

Atom should win in a fight, he's an atomic manipulator being with a degree of invulnerability 
Halm John etc are usually just humans who depend on the charge of their ring to pull off top feats 
The ring is damn powerful but when the ring runs out of gas you are left with a frail mortal with nothing to defend themselves

Guys like Hal and Kyle have great feats but generally when push comes to shove Atom would seem to come out on top

Atom IMO is the more powerful

Lanterns are always running out of charge

Captain Atom can go the distance

Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roman
@Red_Blade: 

I would say captain atom has more potential look what he became when he was confidant in his own strength Monarch so I believe Atom has more potential.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By AtPhantom
@BatDance said:
"Lanterns are always running out of charge"
What? When has a lantern run out of charge in a battle in the last ten years?
And I don't want to see a million scans of the Sinestro corps manhunters siphoning their power. Not the same thing.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
@King Saturn said:
" just curious... but how is it that Hal Jordan is more powerful than Captain Atom ? I thought Captain Atom had greater Energy Capabilities than any Green Lantern outside of the ION Power...  "
It's more than just energy capabilities. It's about what they are capable of as whole. Potentially, Captain Atom would be more powerful, but at normal levels, I'd give it to Hal. This doesn't mean that I think Hal could beat Captain Atom in a fight every time.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock
@AtPhantom said:
" What? When has a lantern run out of charge in a battle in the last ten years? And I don't want to see a million scans of the Sinestro corps manhunters siphoning their power. Not the same thing. "
Don't Lanterns retain a full charge for 24 hours?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" What? When has a lantern run out of charge in a battle in the last ten years? And I don't want to see a million scans of the Sinestro corps manhunters siphoning their power. Not the same thing. "
Don't Lanterns retain a full charge for 24 hours? "
The rings can be drained faster than that, depending on their activities in the meantime.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
@Static Shock said:

" @King Saturn said:

" just curious... but how is it that Hal Jordan is more powerful than Captain Atom ? I thought Captain Atom had greater Energy Capabilities than any Green Lantern outside of the ION Power...  "
It's more than just energy capabilities. It's about what they are capable of as whole. Potentially, Captain Atom would be more powerful, but at normal levels, I'd give it to Hal. This doesn't mean that I think Hal could beat Captain Atom in a fight every time. "
I agree with you to some extent... though I do think that for both the Green Lantern and Captain Atom Energy Based Attacks are the most Powerful Attacks either one of them can generate... just because Green Lantern may have more abilities overall... doesnt actually mean he is More Powerful in terms of Scale of Power... and since technically Captain Atom was able to create an Entire Universe via Quantum Field... and a Green Lantern ( at normal levels ) as far as we know has not... I would say Captain Atom at regular levels should be a tad bit more powerful than Hal Jordan..
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SeSAW

Cap atom beats any Gl except for Sadom yat and maybee Alan Scott.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock
@King Saturn said:
" I agree with you to some extent... though I do think that for both the Green Lantern and Captain Atom Energy Based Attacks are the most Powerful Attacks either one of them can generate... just because Green Lantern may have more abilities overall... doesnt actually mean he is More Powerful in terms of Scale of Power... and since technically Captain Atom was able to create an Entire Universe via Quantum Field... and a Green Lantern ( at normal levels ) as far as we know has not... I would say Captain Atom at regular levels should be a tad bit more powerful than Hal Jordan.. "
Captain Atom only made a universe inside the Quantum Field. He would never do anything close to that outside of it. The feat only shows his limitless potential using the Field and nothing more. Hal Jordan rebuilt Coast City with his ring. Captain Atom hasn't done anything close to that outside of the Quantum Field.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn
@Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
" I agree with you to some extent... though I do think that for both the Green Lantern and Captain Atom Energy Based Attacks are the most Powerful Attacks either one of them can generate... just because Green Lantern may have more abilities overall... doesnt actually mean he is More Powerful in terms of Scale of Power... and since technically Captain Atom was able to create an Entire Universe via Quantum Field... and a Green Lantern ( at normal levels ) as far as we know has not... I would say Captain Atom at regular levels should be a tad bit more powerful than Hal Jordan.. "
Captain Atom only made a universe inside the Quantum Field. He would never do anything close to that outside of it. The feat only shows his limitless potential using the Field and nothing more. Hal Jordan rebuilt Coast City with his ring. Captain Atom hasn't done anything close to that outside of the Quantum Field. "
fair point... but even so... a Green Lantern's Power Output is limited by the Ring because Power Rings need to be recharged... whereas Captain Atom can draw from limitless Energy Sources... 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock
@King Saturn said:
"fair point... but even so... a Green Lantern's Power Output is limited by the Ring because Power Rings need to be recharged... whereas Captain Atom can draw from limitless Energy Sources...  "
Fair enough.
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lupine
@King Saturn said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
Captain Atom only made a universe inside the Quantum Field. He would never do anything close to that outside of it. The feat only shows his limitless potential using the Field and nothing more. Hal Jordan rebuilt Coast City with his ring. Captain Atom hasn't done anything close to that outside of the Quantum Field. "
fair point... but even so... a Green Lantern's Power Output is limited by the Ring because Power Rings need to be recharged... whereas Captain Atom can draw from limitless Energy Sources...  "
My question would be if the fight goes on long enough or escalates to the point that the GL ring is sapped? I'm not sure, so that's why I'm asking. 
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AtPhantom
@Static Shock said:
" Don't Lanterns retain a full charge for 24 hours? "
That used to be true, but since Rebirth the rings have a charge which drains with use.

My point was that the rings hold such a massive charge that running out of power is nearly a non-issue, since either the opponent or the lantern would be beaten long before the juice runs out.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock
@AtPhantom said:
" That used to be true, but since Rebirth the rings have a charge which drains with use.  My point was that the rings hold such a massive charge that running out of power is nearly a non-issue, since either the opponent or the lantern would be beaten long before the juice runs out. "
Just asking, since people here have tried to refute Atom's ability to defeat Hal by saying his ring was running low on power. But at the time, the charge was still full, but the time limit was nearing it's end.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AtPhantom
@Static Shock said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" That used to be true, but since Rebirth the rings have a charge which drains with use.  My point was that the rings hold such a massive charge that running out of power is nearly a non-issue, since either the opponent or the lantern would be beaten long before the juice runs out. "
Just asking, since people here have tried to refute Atom's ability to defeat Hal by saying his ring was running low on power. But at the time, the charge was still full, but the time limit was nearing it's end. "
Yeah, originally the power output would not diminish with use. It was all the same until 24 hours are up.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock
@AtPhantom said:
"Yeah, originally the power output would not diminish with use. It was all the same until 24 hours are up. "
Thanks for confirming.
Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Harlekin
@Static Shock said:
What did Hal do in the last 2 years to make you change your mind.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hadrelius

My vote is for Atom
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
@Harlekin said:

" What did Hal do in the last 2 years to make you change your mind. "

Recreating Coast City, simulating tachyons, and boat loads of other things that I haven't seen Captain Atom do under normal conditions.

Captain Atom, even though he's one of my favorite superheroes, hasn't really done anything impressive in the past two years. Being Monarch doesn't count.
Bats_Colony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Batman got Superman's powers it was epic. I can never forgive him though for hanging upside down with his bats in the cave

Hahaha. What issue was this in?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atom wins

Especially new 52

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points