ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ElmoHump

Main Idea

Captain Atom is being mind controlled but fully capable and is ordered to put an end to the Avengers. The Avengers are for some reason in Gotham because I'm way too freaking lazy to look for another location. We're going by the New 52 Captain Atom and are limiting the Avengers to their Marvel Now showings because Captain Atom really hasn't gotten that many to compare with.

Captain Atom's Futures End feats are allowed.

Don't like the idea? Come up with one and I'll switch it out in the OP. Rules stay the same though.

Rules

• No bystanders.

• Captain Universe is discluded from the battle.

• New 52 Captain Atom.

• Showings for the Avengers are limited to their Marvel Now or current ones.

• Morals off for Captain Atom.

• No outside help for either side.

• No prep for either side.

• General knowledge of their enemy for every single character participating.

• Standard equipment.

• Win by KO or death.

• Avengers are the ones shown in the picture.

• Battle takes place in Crime Alley.

Crime Alley

No Caption Provided

Captain Atom (New 52)

No Caption Provided

The Avengers (Marvel Now)

No Caption Provided

And so it begins..

READ THE GOD DAMNED OP.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who specifically is in the Avengers line-up?

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the line-up is from that picture that means, Captain Universe solos effortless.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain universe and star brand solo

Captain Atom has much better feats than either. I mean, he's basically Flash level speed Firestorm level matter manip but without a no-organics rule.

With general knowledge, that much of a speed advantage, and moralsoff....

Captain Atom stomps.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modification to the thread.

• Captain Atom's Future's End feats are allowed due to the fact that Star Brand and three planet busters are present.

• Captain Universe is not included in the battle.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Avengers

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BoringPerson

@wrglfan2814 said:

@boringperson: star brand soloed Thor, hulk and Hyperion easily while holding back. Captain universe is a living manefistation of the universe.

They both stomp.

Uhhh OK. Captain Atom would do the same...

They both still have terrible feats in comparison.

This battle doesn't specify Captain Universe version, so it's assumed it's the current version... which is the woman Tamara Devoux... Who has incredibly crappy feats in comparison to Captain Atom...

Also, OP change means no Captain Universe, so I guess it's moot.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fairly certain I've seen every n52 appearance by Captain Atom, where is he busting up teams and folks like Thor/Hulk/Hyperion/Star-Brand? Sure he's got a great power-set, but we have to go on feats, and battle feats he has next to none of.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers easily...unless you think surfer solos these avengers then you can't think Cap atom does.... and new 52 atom is not as fast of the flash,,,

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom gets stomped, he's seriously overratted on here, despite him being one of my favourite re-boot looks and characters; despite the cancellation of his solo series etc...

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By micah007123

Marvel Now Avengers are currently stacked with heavy hitters, and as of now Captain Atom goes down hard.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27@micah

@boringperson: what makes you think captain atom can solo 3 planet busters and a herald tier while holding back?

Because Captain Atom has on panel taken no damage from being completely obliterated and has simply reconstituted himself. Hell, even his size manipulation make Thor/Hyperion/Hulk useless. How are they going to fight a teleporting/invisible/intangible/microscopic powerhouse+ opponent?

Starbrand is the only threat and he's got significantly worse reaction speed feats/general feats and has morals on.

Even if we remove all of these, Captain Atom has time manipulation and faster reaction speed than anyone here. Anyone who has ever been vulnerable to him at his maximum level of power is dead in their crib before a second passes.

Which is still why I think he'd win even if Tamara Devoux Captain Universe were in the battle because of his loose morals/time manipulation/vastly better reaction speed.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: By that logic Dr Manhattan loses to Firestorm or anyone really.

@newecho said:

Avengers easily...unless you think surfer solos these avengers then you can't think Cap atom does.... and new 52 atom is not as fast of the flash,,,

Surfer would easily take on the roster if he were trying to.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Captain Universe and Starbrand are enough, also show me how they don't drain him etc, or blast him with enough power to put him down etc.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: actually when I replied to this... I thought captain universe was still apart of the avengers. .. so you may he right

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Avengers

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SirNeko

@newecho said:

Future's End
Future's End

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: I know what atom can do and when I said that I thought universe was in the mix... thanks for the scan...atom is a beast

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: I posted that scan for the statement that he is not as fast as The Flash. Well it could be made an argument that CA is slowing him down by manipulating the Speed Force, but he has kept up with The Flash in microseconds effortlessly.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Captain Atom will just manipulate time and then win effortlessly.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: yeah I wpuld argue that point as he can manipulate the speed force and the flash left him the dust before he ever manipulated it.. I may be wrong tho...I need to read more

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@sirneko: yeah I wpuld argue that point as he can manipulate the speed force and the flash left him the dust before he ever manipulated it.. I may be wrong tho...I need to read more

There is nothing to read, that was their only encounter in that garbage comic JL: Future's End.

CA doesn't have much feats either, his comic was sadly canceled, it pretty good, he did keep up with Flash in microseconds is the only speed feat I remembered.

Justice League deemed him too dangerous to roam around willy nilly. He also has to concentrate hard to manipulate atoms because he has to keep his own atoms together or he falls apart, he said that himself.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko:

woh, it got cancelled? I am on number 20 of the flash solo series and am just not starting to read all the forever evil stuff in JL(as I just got done with trinity war).. I did read a couple of the atom books with intentions of getting back to it... I have some flash and atom scans,, I am pretty sure there are a couple of speed feats on my computer at home... You are probably right tho about the speed thing,, I am so far behind with dc and marvel for that matter..How close to reaching his full potential was barry?(I guess that would be my main question). Thanks for the information... the scans that I have seen of the new 52 atom is pretty awesome tho... I think he and post annihilation surfer could go toe to toe with a strong case being made for Nathaniel now...

Avatar image for fanatic_for_fernus
Fanatic_for_Fernus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do the avengers team take Captain Atom down?

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atom stomps

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Captain Universe and Starbrand are enough, also show me how they don't drain him etc, or blast him with enough power to put him down etc.

Captain Universe isn't in the battle, but I know for a fact Tamara doesn't have the feats to back up what you're implying. Draining Atom won't actually do anything. He's beyond being an energy being at this point. Getting totally obliterated doesn't damage him.

Even IF either of those two things weren't true, he's vastly faster in terms of feats than either of them and is morals off.

So you'd basically be saying that Captain Atom blasting them for literal hours in his perception isn't enough for him to put them down...

Plus, both of them get destroyed by time manipulation as well. Both have severe normal human periods he can take advantage of.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@sirneko:

woh, it got cancelled? I am on number 20 of the flash solo series and am just not starting to read all the forever evil stuff in JL(as I just got done with trinity war).. I did read a couple of the atom books with intentions of getting back to it... I have some flash and atom scans,, I am pretty sure there are a couple of speed feats on my computer at home... You are probably right tho about the speed thing,, I am so far behind with dc and marvel for that matter..How close to reaching his full potential was barry?(I guess that would be my main question). Thanks for the information... the scans that I have seen of the new 52 atom is pretty awesome tho... I think he and post annihilation surfer could go toe to toe with a strong case being made for Nathaniel now...

Barry is pretty much light speed as he was early in the series, they haven't given him a lot feats. They don't focus on how fast he runs, they focus on his personal problems as Barry Allen and Flash. And honestly Flash has been good series but latest 5-10 issues have been pure garbage, at least they showed Wally West once in the canon comics, it was #35 I believe. The garbage Speed Force arc will be over soon, after #40 it should get better. It has been like 3-5 issues of Barry without powers just talking to people as The Flash.

Justice League just finished Amazo Virus saga which was pretty good, Justice League has been a bumpy ride for me, sometimes it's so boring I can't take it and sometimes it's great. Forever Evil and Amazo Virus were pretty good. Trinity War was meh.

Flash got so boring so suddenly that I picked up Earth-2, that has been pretty great, best of New 52 that I have read so far.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko:

Cool,, it may take me a year to even get to flash 35 lol... The trinity war was a huge let down, after all that build and advertising, it just was a precursor to forever evil... I don't much care for johns... I have heard forever evil and amazo were a lot better than throne of atlantis and trinity... I got the unlimited app for marvel so my dc reading has taken a huge hit as I am reading characters I never would spend money on before....

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SirNeko

@newecho said:

@sirneko:

Cool,, it may take me a year to even get to flash 35 lol... The trinity war was a huge let down, after all that build and advertising, it just was a precursor to forever evil... I don't much care for johns... I have heard forever evil and amazo were a lot better than throne of atlantis and trinity... I got the unlimited app for marvel so my dc reading has taken a huge hit as I am reading characters I never would spend money on before....

Well DC has advertised that a huge Darkseid Ward epic saga is supposed to come in June to Justice League with original 7 and Shazam. I didn't get Trinity War build up because I read Forever Evil before Trinity War, I was just interested in the saga before I even started Justice League.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: have you read green arrow?? the lemire run is awesome so far.... I just finished volume 4 and I highly recommend...

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Captain Atom isn't immune physcial attack, and can be drained technically etc.

With Starbrand, Thor, Hyperion, Hulk, Space Armour Ironman, it's more than enough to take down Captain Atom.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Captain Atom isn't immune physcial attack, and can be drained technically etc.

With Starbrand, Thor, Hyperion, Hulk, Space Armour Ironman, it's more than enough to take down Captain Atom.

The bolded won't even be able to see/damage the invisible/phasing/teleporting/microscopic Captain Atom.

He's immune to having his entire body obliterated... I don't see how that's not an immunity to physical attack. He's more immune to physical attack than Void Sentry.

He can be drained, but it doesn't actually damage him or reduce his ability to use his powers...

Again, Time Manipulation and morals off with Flash level reactions just means everyone but Thor/Hyperion are immediately dead and even Thor/Hyperion can't touch/meaningfully damage him in any way whatsoever...

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kingant27

@boringperson: That was a possible future, not a definete future time line, therefore some his most exaggerated feats are not exactly valid.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: That was a possible future, not a definete future time line, therefore some his most exaggerated feats are not exactly valid.

I didn't have any of his Future's End feats in mind when I typed those posts. Even if I were, the OP specifically states those feats are allowed.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CA...

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: @kingant27: I've only allowed those feats because he's battle feat lacking compared to the characters here and I've stated my other reason as well in the OP. It's not out of bias whatsoeve if that's what you're thinking.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@sirneko: have you read green arrow?? the lemire run is awesome so far.... I just finished volume 4 and I highly recommend...

Never really been interested in Green Arrow, but I might check it out if you say it's good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

prolly CA

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers