Captain America vs Emil Blonsky (Movie versions)

• 163 results
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Erik

Unfamiliar Nazi occupied Germany town. Dusk. Populated with civilians, Allied and Nazi forces. Opponents start visible to one another.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

- Opponents are in character.

- Opponents must avoid fire from the surrounding war effort.

- Allied forces will not help Captain America.

- Standard elimination rules apply.

- Random encounter but both know who their target is.

No Caption Provided

Round 1:

Captain America - WWII combat fatigues

-Handgun - Colt M1911A1

-Submachine gun - M1928A1 Thompson

-Other - Shield

No Caption Provided

Emil Blonsky - First injection

-Handgun - Red Skull Luger P08

-Submachine gun - MP40

-Other - Hydra energy rifle

Round 2:

No Caption Provided

Captain America - Avengers armor

-Handgun - Smith & Wesson M&P

-Submachine gun - Noveske Rifleworks Diplomat

-Other - Shield

No Caption Provided

Emil Blonsky - Second injection

-Handgun - SIG P226R

-Submachine gun - H&K MP5A3

-Other - Modified multi-shot DefTech 37mm grenade launcher with 6 HE rounds

Please use logic and reasoning and explain your answers. If you do not know about either of these characters, take 379 minutes and watch the three necessary movies to familiarize yourself with the characters and equipment, which are also featured in these three films.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Erik

No idea why it is not letting me publish that with double spacing. It looked so much nicer when I was making it. 

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By progenitorigin

Looks good to me. I'll have to re-watch the second Hulk movie to become more familiar with Blonsky, I only vaguely remember him being semi-impressive before getting wrecked by Hulk.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shawnbaby

It's an interesting fight...two Super Soldiers. Blonsky has less showings...but the showings he does have are enough to convince me him and Cap are in the same league. I don't know a whole lot about the weapons involved to really say much about how each of them would affect the outcome of a battle under regular conditions. I'm of the opinion that Cap has an advantage here though because of the Shield...he has a greater ability to avoid getting shot up. Blonsky is probably more skilled with the use of the weapons though so that might prove to be a big factor in leveling the playing field. Ultimately, I think it might be Blonksy's arrogance that proves to be his downfall..but it won't be an easy fight.  

After the second injection...I don't know. He seemed to be a little more super...but it also seemed like the Serum was taking its toll on him physically...almost like his body was trying to reject the serum. 

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jorgevy

I only remember Emil while he was Abomination so I cant answer.... I guess i need to rewatch IH.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Erik

@Shawnbaby said:

It's an interesting fight...two Super Soldiers. Blonsky has less showings...but the showings he does have are enough to convince me him and Cap are in the same league. I don't know a whole lot about the weapons involved to really say much about how each of them would affect the outcome of a battle under regular conditions. I'm of the opinion that Cap has an advantage here though because of the Shield...he has a greater ability to avoid getting shot up. Blonsky is probably more skilled with the use of the weapons though so that might prove to be a big factor in leveling the playing field. Ultimately, I think it might be Blonksy's arrogance that proves to be his downfall..but it won't be an easy fight. After the second injection...I don't know. He seemed to be a little more super...but it also seemed like the Serum was taking its toll on him physically...almost like his body was trying to reject the serum.

This is about what I was thinking as well. I do not think the second injection was physically detrimental though. I think it was starting to have a visible effect on him and it was clearly causing him to be far more impatient, arrogant and violent. But that is only speculation. I can see how you would think that his body was trying to reject the serum since he was getting pretty greasy looking right before the Hulk injection.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Erik

@Shawnbaby:

As for the firearms, I do not think it will make a major impact on an argument to know what they can do. Most people just say, "Handgun + submachine gun for both.". I just like details.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Blonsky actually has better speed and acrobatic feats - which is why the Captain America movie kinda disappointed me. I wanted more feats like the Blonsky vs Hulk fight. Cap is a better fighter and probably stronger.

I'll give this to Cap if he has his shield; Blonsky if he doesn't.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

I got to go with Blonsky for this.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Erik

@JediXMan:

Cap had better showings in Avengers. Plus it was stated that Emil spent his entire adult life in the military and had become some kind of superstar soldier. So I question whether or not Rogers has the better training considering he only spent about 1-3 years in the military at all, including his training and a fairly large portion of his soldier time was as a performer.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Erik:

I still didn't think his acrobatic feats were anything special in the Avengers. Meanwhile, Blonsky was casually outrunning a group of soldiers like they were standing still, and leaping over the Hulk while dodging him and shooting at him. Only thing Cap did was jump a bit high, and Blonsky did the same thing - possibly higher - when he dodged the sonic-things.

I suppose "better fighter" is inaccurate. Cap is probably physically stronger, so that would help in a fight. Blonsky is definitely better trained of the two and possibly a better marksman.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@Jorgevy said:

I only remember Emil while he was Abomination so I cant answer.... I guess i need to rewatch IH.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blonsky.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nickzambuto

Blonsky really didn't strike me as very... smart. He basically decided running into Hulk's foot would be a super idea. That backfired on him.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shawnbaby

It also seems that the Serum Blonksy was given was more temporary (General Ross said if he started exhibiting any negative reactions they'd take him off of it until he "dried out"). It's rather unclear exactly how long each injection would last for though.  

@Erik

Yeah, the idea of the serum causing physical damage is entirely just my opinion...he was just starting to look really unhealthy after that second injection, but I'm with you that it seems it was triggering some emotional and mental side-effects. 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erik

@JediXMan said:

@Erik:

I still didn't think his acrobatic feats were anything special in the Avengers. Meanwhile, Blonsky was casually outrunning a group of soldiers like they were standing still, and leaping over the Hulk while dodging him and shooting at him. Only thing Cap did was jump a bit high, and Blonsky did the same thing - possibly higher - when he dodged the sonic-things.

I suppose "better fighter" is inaccurate. Cap is probably physically stronger, so that would help in a fight. Blonsky is definitely better trained of the two and possibly a better marksman.

Okay fair enough. So you think the shield would make up for Rogers' lack of speed? And I am not sure about jumping higher than Rogers. Cap had to make that really long jump in his movie and if he can jump that far, it is fair to assume he can jump really high if he wants to.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Steve, more than likely. 

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jorgevy

after watching the video, I think Cap might have some serious trouble here....

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Erik:

That's the only time he really jumped far. But first, he needed a running start. Second, he didn't do it while engaging in combat with somebody, whereas Blonsky very easily and casually jumped up to what looked like around twenty feet (probably higher. Need to watch again)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erik

@JediXMan said:

@Erik:

That's the only time he really jumped far. But first, he needed a running start. Second, he didn't do it while engaging in combat with somebody, whereas Blonsky very easily and casually jumped up to what looked like around twenty feet (probably higher. Need to watch again)

Granted but there is no disputing that the jump was an extremely impressive jump and all things considered, Cap did not have much space for a running start.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Erik:

Fair point. But I'm more talking about vertical leaps rather than jumping a wide chasm. It was far but not high.

On a somewhat unrelated note: I think they kinda dropped the ball with Cap and Avengers as far as Cap's powers go. Blonsky vs Hulk, to me, is how Cap should be portrayed. When I saw that, I just kept seeing the Cap vs Giant Man fight in the Ultimates.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erik

@JediXMan:

I would have been nice to see Cap do more feats. I do have to admit that much. But I am not surprised. There were a lot of characters to give the spotlight to in that movie and as a whole, I think Cap was portrayed well.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By nefarious

Steve Rogers. Blonsky didn't impress me one bit.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Erik@JediXMan: I'm guessing in Cap 2 they'll have him do some more impressive feats. In Captain America he was a young Soldier with very little actual experience and wasn't ever really challenged in the same way Blonsky was with The Hulk...in The Avengers he was on his first mission since being defrosted and was doing pretty good against Loki despite being at an extreme physical disadvantage. He might not have had the kind of showing Blonsky did against The Hulk...but he also didn't get smashed the way Blonsky did either. All in all, I'm pretty impressed with how Captain America has been portrayed in the movies....he's not at Comic Book levels...but he's closer than what is usually managed in these Hollywood adaptations. 
Thirteen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Thirteen13

Blonsky. Even though Cap obviously has more feats IMO Blonsky's main feat (against the Hulk) seems much more impressive than anything I can remember seeing from Cap, so quality over quantity in terms of feats. Also, Blonsky appeared to be highly trained and experienced in combat giving him even more of an advantage I think.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

@nickzambuto said:

Blonsky really didn't strike me as very... smart. He basically decided running into Hulk's foot would be a super idea. That backfired on him.

XMen1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By XMen1963

BLONSKY.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By vuviper

Hey I was just talking about this match up with

Loading Video...
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By difficlus

@Shawnbaby said:

It's an interesting fight...two Super Soldiers. Blonsky has less showings...but the showings he does have are enough to convince me him and Cap are in the same league. I don't know a whole lot about the weapons involved to really say much about how each of them would affect the outcome of a battle under regular conditions. I'm of the opinion that Cap has an advantage here though because of the Shield...he has a greater ability to avoid getting shot up. Blonsky is probably more skilled with the use of the weapons though so that might prove to be a big factor in leveling the playing field. Ultimately, I think it might be Blonksy's arrogance that proves to be his downfall..but it won't be an easy fight. After the second injection...I don't know. He seemed to be a little more super...but it also seemed like the Serum was taking its toll on him physically...almost like his body was trying to reject the serum.

i'm inclined to agree with this.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By tg1982

@Shawnbaby: @Erik: I really don't remember any actual fighting he did, just running and evading (which was impressive, but I would still say on par with what Cap has done in the movies) So I would say Cap would win. If someone shows me any actual fighting that Blonsky does while on the serum I may change my mind.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Erik

@tg1982:

It is true that we do not see Emil do much actual fighting throughout the movie in his human form but we can assume his fighting skill based on his resume, which was stated on his introduction. The agility feats he performed in the first fight with Hulk after only a short time with the serum also lend to this assumption of extreme skill.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America in round 1. However I am wondering did he become the Abomination after the 2nd injection. Cap probably can't take out Abomination but he can take out any other version of Blonksy.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Erik

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

Captain America in round 1. However I am wondering did he become the Abomination after the 2nd injection. Cap probably can't take out Abomination but he can take out any other version of Blonksy.

Emil became the Abomination after the third injection. The third being with Hulk's DNA.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erik said:

Emil became the Abomination after the third injection. The third being with Hulk's DNA.

thankyou I really thought hulk was only a good movie. Nothing Great. So Captain America both rounds.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tg1982

@Erik said:

@tg1982:

It is true that we do not see Emil do much actual fighting throughout the movie in his human form but we can assume his fighting skill based on his resume, which was stated on his introduction. The agility feats he performed in the first fight with Hulk after only a short time with the serum also lend to this assumption of extreme skill.

Fair enough, but is it fair to assume one's skill if it's stated even in the absense of feats? It's a genuine question since many posters I have debated against always say "feats, feats, feats"

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Erik

@tg1982 said:

@Erik said:

@tg1982:

Fair enough, but is it fair to assume one's skill if it's stated even in the absense of feats? It's a genuine question since many posters I have debated against always say "feats, feats, feats"

Feats do matter. But there are cases where there are little to no feats.

For example: Every single character has a crush on ever.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vuviper

@tg1982 said:

@Erik said:

@tg1982:

In the absence of, I think it is. But in general feats trump stated stats and skills when available on this forum

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I don't get is how Caps serum was so much better. Maybe the army got the scraps of the super soldier project?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Erik

What I don't get is how Caps serum was so much better. Maybe the army got the scraps of the super soldier project?

It was clearly not a "better" serum considering General Ross stated that there could be side-effects. Side effects that we actually got to see in the movie.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Erik

Plus Cap gave several vials of his blood right after his transformation since the answer to the riddle of the perfect super soldier was locked within it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shawnbaby

I think what it comes down to when things are being stated about a character instead of Shown...what we should be looking at is the integrity of the Source of that information and whether or not it conflicts with anything we've seen that character capable of. In this case a lot of Blonksy's record comes from his mission reports and evaluations and such...so I think we can take most of it at face value.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tg1982

Only Dr. Erskine knew the formula. Any and all attempts, in the comics at any rate, have failed, the few that succeded were, I believe just based off of it, like Weapon X. Don't really know about the movies.

@vuviper: @Erik: Thanks for the clarification.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vuviper

@Shawnbaby said:

I think what it comes down to when things are being stated about a character instead of Shown...what we should be looking at is the integrity of the Source of that information and whether or not it conflicts with anything we've seen that character capable of. In this case a lot of Blonksy's record comes from his mission reports and evaluations and such...so I think we can take most of it at face value.

I also agree with this

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Erik

@Shawnbaby said:

Agreed.

@tg1982:

It seems that Banner's work was not directly related to the super soldier research from the 30s/40s. Maybe there was something from Rogers' blood that he was allowed to use but Banner's work was specifically a cure to radiation sickness. It was not stated where Emil's serum came from but it was not Banner's work so it could have been from Rogers' blood as well. It is not hard to believe the government would have had multiple people working on the same project without sharing the work among them.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#45  Edited By Joygirl

I'll go with Blonsky even though I just watched Avengers and wanna say Cap. You have to also consider his ability to take punishment -- he survived a hit that SHOULD have liquified him. His jump was better which means he's probably stronger. And he's obviously faster. And a highly skilled/trained soldier.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Blonsky should take the majority. Cap couldn't fight. He was just given reflexes several times that of an ordinary person..and as Mr jones said he had ''guts." Blonsky was a fighter his entire adult life, and longed for combat and was only put down because he allowed Hulk to hit him. With the right weaponry he could have possibly done more damage to the Hulk. In that clip a majority with the auto and the pistol were headshots. Cap took down the Hydra goons because they were just ''human." Blonsky is on even ground and is at a higher pay grade then some heavly armored grunts. Blonsky atleast 8/10

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Erik

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Blonsky should take the majority. Cap couldn't fight. He was just given reflexes several times that of an ordinary person..and as Mr jones said he had ''guts." Blonsky was a fighter his entire adult life, and longed for combat and was only put down because he allowed Hulk to hit him. With the right weaponry he could have possibly done more damage to the Hulk. In that clip a majority with the auto and the pistol were headshots. Cap took down the Hydra goons because they were just ''human." Blonsky is on even ground and is at a higher pay grade then some heavly armored grunts. Blonsky atleast 8/10

Cap displayed that he knew how to fight in both movies he appeared in.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Avengers Yes. But during the beggining right after getting the serum it just seemed he was so fast he could pummel pople with his shield before theyu could counter. But lets me retract my previous statement. I believe Blonsky would be the better fighter due to his ruthlessness. If they fought in a populated area for instance Emil would use that to his advantage. He sure didn't seem concerned with his own unit before and after his final dosage of serum.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By steelhound56

@Erik said:

@JediXMan said:

@Erik:

Granted but there is no disputing that the jump was an extremely impressive jump and all things considered, Cap did not have much space for a running start.

You do realize he ran up Hulk's body to make half the height for that jump right?

Not taking anything away from him, Blonsky was impressive in the movie, even pre Abomination

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Erik

@steelhound56 said:

@Erik said:

@JediXMan said:

@Erik:

You do realize he ran up Hulk's body to make half the height for that jump right?

Not taking anything away from him, Blonsky was impressive in the movie, even pre Abomination

I am pretty sure Jedi was talking about the final jump just as the sonics hit.