#201 Posted by Xerolot (3018 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt Reasoning convinced me that Ra's wins. Movement, skill, speed and reach are more important.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#202 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43440 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Ras

#203 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4605 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: what are Ra's combat speed feats? Been a while since I last watched Season 3.

#204 Posted by RBT (29321 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: what are Ra's combat speed feats? Been a while since I last watched Season 3.

The 8 ninja feat.

#205 Posted by King_Hellstorm (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's for sure - Sword is too much of an advantage

#206 Edited by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: Yes. Had they attacked all at once there would be nothing he could do because there is literally no way too counter 8 swords at once, no matter how good you are. These people are making some of the worst arguments i’ve ever seen and exaggerating his feats, rbt in particular. Countering multiple incompetent fighters makes Ra’s so much faster? Him having a swords gives him a reach advantage? A simple counter too a reach advantage is make distance. An actual reach advantage is having a shield that you can one shot with because you can throw hard and fast enough too imbed itself in ultron. Not to mention cap can easily counter a sword with his massive shield. I don’t even bother debating with rbt because he is extremely biased for cw when it comes to mcu fights.

#207 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerolot: Don’t listen to rbt. He’s very biased for cw.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
#208 Posted by FinalKingThanos (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

Having watching Ras fights.

I’m more convinced than ever Cap stomps him lol there’s nothing he’s done Cap wouldn’t walk through.

#209 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap creams ra’s. Anyone who thinks other wise hit me up.

#210 Posted by nightgate (1011 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap legitimately only wins this fight because of the stat advantage. If we equalize stats, Ra’s destroys him every round.

#211 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap steams him and anyone else.

#212 Posted by mexcomics2078 (3160 posts) - - Show Bio

Ras has a chance but cap take this for a majority

#213 Posted by BladeOfFury (3315 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9: So let me get this straight, you know how to attack in unison better than ninjas who trained in swordsmanship their entire lives? The ninjas obviously know much better than you, and they decided to attack like they did, meaning that their attacking pattern was better than purely in unison.

#214 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: Clearly not if they failed to take down one guy when they had him massively outnumbered. Instead of going for the fancy unison they should’ve capitalized on their advantage and all attacked at once. But no. Instead they got them selves killed. Not very good for ninjas that have trained in swordsmanship their entire lives. No amount of excuses changes that.

#215 Posted by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Defeating people that are around you doesn’t show skill, it shows an absence of it.

@bladeoffury: Because they didn’t capitalize on their number advantage, which is incompetence.

#216 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio
#217 Posted by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9: your points don’t make sense.....

Defeating multiple people around you shows skill. The fact that they couldn’t capitalize on their numbers advantage just goes to show how skilled Ra’s is....that’s all.

#218 Posted by King_Hellstorm (474 posts) - - Show Bio

So engaging eight well established trained asscains in combat isnt a feat because it isnt possible by IRL standards? C'mon....

#219 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: There is no way to counter that many swords swinging at you all at once from every direction. It’s just not possible. You’d have to have an extra set of limbs to pull it off. If they had done that, they would’ve defeated him.

#220 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hellstorm: It’s a skill feat, but not as much as people are making it out to be.

#221 Posted by BladeOfFury (3315 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9: In that same temple where the event we’re discussing took place, time travelling metahumans, teenagers, and winged people flew around spouting fire and shooting lasers, fighting a time-lord. Compared to this, is it really inconceivable that someone who trained for a century can beat 8 people while surrounded?

#222 Posted by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: There is no way to counter that many swords swinging at you all at once from every direction. It’s just not possible. You’d have to have an extra set of limbs to pull it off.

Or....You’d just need extreme combat speed and skill.....which is exactly what Ra’s showed....

By your logic, a lot of things in fiction shouldn’t be counted as feats cuz they’re not possible.

#223 Edited by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: Did you not comprehend what I said? IF THEY ALL ATTACKED AT ONCE THEY WOULD’VE DEFEATED HIM. Their fatal flaw is attacking one at a time, which they did and in doing so they allowed Ra’s to pick them off one at a time. They would be much more effective in unison if they attacked that way. It’s just not possible to counter 8 swords swinging at you all at once from every direction.

#224 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9 said:

@ourmanuel: There is no way to counter that many swords swinging at you all at once from every direction. It’s just not possible. You’d have to have an extra set of limbs to pull it off.

Or....You’d just need extreme combat speed and skill.....which is exactly what Ra’s showed....

By your logic, a lot of things in fiction shouldn’t be counted as feats cuz they’re not possible.

Skill? Skill in what? Know amount of ‘skill’ is gonna get you out of a situation like that. Skill is a largely overused and misunderstood term. Combat speed? You’d have to be superhumanly fast to over come 8 swords swinging at you all at once, and they weren’t all attacking at once.

#225 Edited by BladeOfFury (3315 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9: “It’s just not possible to counter 8 swords swinging at you all at once from every direction.” How do you know that’s not possible? Because it’s not possible in real life? You know what else isn’t possible in real life? Time-travelling. Running faster than light. Coming back from the dead. So, if the Arrowverse made all these impossible things possible, then why can’t Ra’s combat ability be one of these things?

#226 Edited by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9 said:

Skill? Skill in what? Know amount of ‘skill’ is gonna get you out of a situation like that.

Which is why I also mentioned combat speed, and yes, enough skill can get you out of those situations.

Skill is a largely overused and misunderstood term.

I don’t see how it’s being misused here.

Combat speed? You’d have to be superhumanly fast to over come 8 swords swinging at you all at once,

That’s exactly what TV/Comics ”peak humans” are. They’re superhumans.

and they weren’t all attacking at once.

yes, they didn’t all come at him at exactly the same time, but that can be for a number of reasons like the fact that they’d risk hitting each other, and also the fact that he’d never put himself in a situation where they would use that numbers advantage to the fullest.

However, he still defeated all of them in a very short time while surrounded, without ever getting tagged and sometimes taking on multiple of them at once.

#227 Posted by bleidd (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Still Cap, and no amount of highballing can save Ra's.

#228 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel:

Which is why I also mentioned combat speed, and yes, enough skill can get you out of those situations.

Not if you surrounded 8 to 1 with all of them attacking at once.

You don’t go into a battle being ’skilled’ or ’more skilled’, you go into a battle with your skill sets.

That’s exactly what TV/Comics ”peak humans” are. They’re superhumans.

So ra’s is a superhuman now?

yes, they didn’t all come at him at exactly the same time, but that can be for a number of reasons like the fact that they’d risk hitting each other,

How would they hit each other? The only way they would hit each other is if they took a too wide of a sword swing. Apparently the AOL ninjas are amazing swordsmen so they aren’t dumb enough to accidentally stab one another.

and also the fact that he’d never put himself in a situation where they would use that numbers advantage to the fullest.

So they didn’t use that number advantage to the fullest but somehow he is still way more skilled than cap? You even admit they didn’t use the number advantage too their fullest.

However, he still defeated all of them in a very short time while surrounded, without ever getting tagged and sometimes taking on multiple of them at once

He picked them off one by one because they weren’t using their number advantage to the fullest like you said.

#229 Posted by Iron_Tiger (931 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Steve. I seriously see no advantage Ra's has against him.

#230 Posted by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel:

Not if you surrounded 8 to 1 with all of them attacking at once.

Yes you can. With enough combat speed and skill that’s literally possible.

You don’t go into a battle being ’skilled’ or ’more skilled’, you go into a battle with your skill sets.

What.... so you’re saying it’s impossible for someone to be more skilled than someone else?

So ra’s is a superhuman now?

He’s caught swords from other “peak humans” multiple times with his bare hands, can time and intercept multiple arrows fired by Ollie with his sword while barely moving, can cut chains clean in half with his sword and cut swords too.

Even for speed, he has that feat of practically going FTE across a room to catch up to Thea.

These are superhuman feats...

How would they hit each other? The only way they would hit each other is if they took a too wide of a sword swing. Apparently the AOL ninjas are amazing swordsmen so they aren’t dumb enough to accidentally stab one another.

I said they risk hitting each other, which makes perfect sense considering what you’re saying they should have done. All Ra’s would have to do is move in literally any direction and it would no longer be feasible to properly surround him like you want them to.

And due to how fast he is, there’s no way their numbers advantage would help them in surrounding him.

So they didn’t use that number advantage to the fullest but somehow he is still way more skilled than cap? You even admit they didn’t use the number advantage too their fullest.

Yes.... he took on that many skilled and armed combatants without getting tagged once and defeated them in 10 seconds.

They were literally fighting for their lives, I’m pretty sure they were doing the best that they could.

He picked them off one by one because they weren’t using their number advantage to the fullest like you said.

No...he took them down one by one(duh) but fought multiple opponents at the same time for the vast majority of that fight. The most obvious instance of this is when he holds that one ninja and then fights the rest of them while doing so.

Did I already mention how he didn't get tagged and how it lasted 10 seconds?

#231 Posted by BladeOfFury (3315 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Posted by ganon15 (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

@bleidd said:

Meh. Still Cap, and no amount of highballing can save Ra's.

#234 Edited by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, never knew CW was actually this lowballed

#235 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel:

Yes you can. With enough combat speed and skill that’s literally possible.

im not gonna keep repeating myself.

I said they risk hitting each other, which makes perfect sense considering what you’re saying they should have done. All Ra’s would have to do is move in literally any direction and it would no longer be feasible to properly surround him like you want them to.

Move where? If he moves anywhere hes gonna moves right into a sword.

He’s caught swords from other “peak humans” multiple times with his bare hands, can time and intercept multiple arrows fired by Ollie with his sword while barely moving, can cut chains clean in half with his sword and cut swords too.

These aren’t superhuman feats. Non superhuman have done similar. The only superhuman one is moving across a room, which doesn’t mean much. That’s like a ninja throwing down a flash bang and disappearing, but people don’t yell he’s superhuman.

Yes.... he took on that many skilled and armed combatants without getting tagged once and defeated them in 10 seconds.

They were literally fighting for their lives, I’m pretty sure they were doing the best that they could.

Their best clearly wasn’t much.

No...he took them down one by one(duh) but fought multiple opponents at the same time for the vast majority of that fight. The most obvious instance of this is when he holds that one ninja and then fights the rest of them while doing so.

You do realize that if he was countering one opponent that creates an opening for the others to take advantage of?

#236 Edited by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9 said:

@ourmanuel:

im not gonna keep repeating myself.

If you say so...

Move where? If he moves anywhere hes gonna moves right into a sword.

No, he’s gonna move towards one Loa ninja, while moving away from the others. And he’s much faster than them so it’s not like they can catch up to him.

Point being, it’s not that they couldn’t properly use their numbers advantage, it’s just that he’s so much better than them that he can render it useless....which is exactly what he did.

These aren’t superhuman feats. Non superhuman have done similar.

How many non superhumans do you know that can casually stop the sharp edge of a sword being swung by the likes of nyssa and Ollie with their bare hands and also time and smash away multiple arrows from someone like Ollie with that much ease?

The only superhuman one is moving across a room, which doesn’t mean much. That’s like a ninja throwing down a flash bang and disappearing, but people don’t yell he’s superhuman.

Except he didn’t throw a flashbang(which they use as a distraction). from a standstill, he dashed across the room and intercepted Thea even tho she had a headstart, and from our perspective it was nigh FTE movement.

Their best clearly wasn’t much.

Of course it wasn’t much to someone like Ra’s Al ghul.

You do realize that if he was countering one opponent that creates an opening for the others to take advantage of?

Which further proves how good he is. He’s so fast and skilled that things like that don’t apply to him.

*cough* didn’t get tagged *cough* 10 seconds *cough*

#237 Edited by Big_C (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap dies.

#238 Edited by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel:

If you say so...

Ok

No, he’s gonna move towards one Loa ninja, while moving away from the others. And he’s much faster than them so it’s not like they can catch up to him.

Point being, it’s not that they couldn’t properly use their numbers advantage, it’s just that he’s so much better than them that he can render it useless....which is exactly what he did.

That’s not even a plausible solution. Just move away? Lol. He can’t just move away because there is nowhere TO move.

How many non superhumans do you know that can casually stop the sharp edge of a sword being swung by the likes of nyssa and Ollie with their bare hands and also time and smash away multiple arrows from someone like Ollie with that much ease?

When he stops blades his hand is all cut up. Plenty of characters have stopped arrows.

Except he didn’t throw a flashbang(which they use as a distraction). from a standstill, he dashed across the room and intercepted Thea even tho she had a headstart, and from our perspective it was nigh FTE movement.

Stuff like that isn’t supposed to be taken seriously. Like Harry Osborne disappearing from peter Parker view when a truck drove by.

Of course it wasn’t much to someone like Ra’s Al

Ok.

Which further proves how good he is. He’s so fast and skilled that things like that don’t apply to him.

Or because they didn’t attack properly.

Idk why I am even here debating with you. It’s not like these characters are even real and these fights ever took place. You have over 12000 posts? What are you doing with your life my g?

#239 Edited by Big_C (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my lord...

Just accept the feat and try matching it? Oh wait, I forgot, you can't because Cap doesn't have a single feat comparable to Ra's ninja feat.

#240 Posted by Big_C (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, dude, you have over 1600 posts and you've been on this site for around 164 days which means you're posting roughly around 10 times per day. What are you doing with your life?

#241 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

@big_c said:

Also, dude, you have over 1600 posts and you've been on this site for around 164 days which means you're posting roughly around 10 times per day. What are you doing with your life?

I ask myself the same question.

#242 Edited by King_Hellstorm (474 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9 said:

@king_hellstorm: It’s a skill feat, but not as much as people are making it out to be.

So the ability to engage 8 trained swordsmen at once, slaughtering all of them in 12 seconds killing each with one sword strike each isn't a good skill feat? I don't recall Captain America accomplishing anything comparable. You're trying way too hard to lowball this feat, and its not even Ra's best.

#244 Posted by Big_C (90 posts) - - Show Bio

^

#245 Posted by ourmanuel (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulkbuster is secretly KoL’s alt for baiting.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
#246 Posted by FinalKingThanos (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

Ras wouldn’t survive against half the names characters Cap has fought against.

His gear and stats are far too much he would run in and front kick Ras and all 8 ninjas off a boat in one go hahaha ok not exactly but he would legitimately destroy him.

#247 Posted by RBT (29321 posts) - - Show Bio

Arguments for Cap are getting better day by day.

#248 Edited by bleidd (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say that the only realistic scenario out of 14,000,605 where Ra's would stand a chance at beating Steve is if he had a hidden weapon instead of a sword dangling in his hands. Because Cap has this habit of not taking his human opponents seriously because he knows that they pose no threat to him. I'm looking at his fights against Batroc and Rumlow. Batroc almost had us believe that he was a match for Cap until Cap got serious. Rumlow outskilled Cap twice in the elevator and forced Cap to resort to his physical strength to beat him, but a far more dangerous and far better equipped Rumlow was outskilled and outmatched by Cap in CW fairly easily because Cap knew what he was up against. So I think the only way for Ra's to win is to make Cap think that he poses no real threat to him i.e. trick Cap in letting his guard down, close in on him, pull out a dagger hidden underneath his robe and slit his throat. And Ra's is among those few fighters who I think can pull this off at least 4/10 times with varying degrees of success ranging from annoying Cap with a scratch to killing him.

#249 Posted by Daywalker88 (241 posts) - - Show Bio

CV is really a joke now. All I see is the same biased people voting for their favorite characters. It's gotten to the point that I know who certain people are going to vote for each time. I wish that we can actually place bets and see some of these fights cause then people would really stop lying to themselves. OT: If we are using common sense here then Steve is not losing this fight

#250 Posted by RBT (29321 posts) - - Show Bio

CV is really a joke now. All I see is the same biased people voting for their favorite characters. It's gotten to the point that I know who certain people are going to vote for each time. I wish that we can actually place bets and see some of these fights cause then people would really stop lying to themselves. OT: If we are using common sense here then Steve is not losing this fight

It is a joke, I agree. Take your post for example. You make no case for why Steve wins. Just claim that common sense dictates that it does. You make no argument as to why Ra's despite being more skilled, faster, having reach advantage in cqc and having a one shot weapon, loses and anyone who claims otherwise is biased.

A joke, indeed.